Reviews of Eastern Slope Inn Resort 3 stars

2760 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, NH 03860, USA

#18 of 43 hotels in North Conway

Value for money accommodation
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

everything suited our needs so nothing we didn't like

The location was ideally suited for access to local amenities and facilities. The reception and bar staff were very helpful and friendly especially Dan.

Perfect location and value for money.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Bar area small and not much sitting area very dark.

Location was ideal. Could walk easily to restaurants and shops. Fully equipped kitchen. Room had everything we needed. Free laundry and WiFi.

Great location, decent hotel, questionable and rude staff.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

During the sales pitch for their time share, which I was seriously interested in, one of the employees proceeded to get overly aggressive and rude. My wife and I were both taken aback. I wasn't aware that employees were allowed to treat potential customers with such a lack of respect.

The hotel was in a great location and within walking distance to pretty much everything in town.

Love the location and pool!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

We can never get a room with our RCI points!! Always told nothing is available and it's frustrating because we are owners at eastern slope!!

Love the location and pool! Front desk staff was discussing personal issues about boyfriends and moving a little too loud for professionalism.

Loved the convenience of being so close to downtown North...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The air condition/heating unit could be more up to date. I wish there was an auto mode that stopped it when it got to a certain temp. My husband and I had to keep getting up in the middle to adjust cause we were either boiling hot or freezing. Also the tv needs to be adjusted in our room (107) it was next to the bed not in front of it. We couldn't even watch tv in bed, it was really inconvenient. We ended up just watching movies on his laptop.

Loved the convenience of being so close to downtown North Conway and how close it was from cranmore!

We had a lot of fun, rooms were great and location was amazing !
    • Studio Suite

Couldn’t go into hot tub with my 3 kids who were 13, 13 and 12. Every other place we have stayed kids can go in with their parents .

Rooms and location were great!

Nice room, arrogant service.
    • Studio Suite

The attitudes of the front desk people. I overheard a conversation where the customer said their thermostat battery was very low and the couldn’t change the heat temp. They were informed the people that can fix that had left for the day. The bar closes very early even though it’s a holiday weekend the bar had 5-20 people in it, I was informed at 9:35 that they were closing as we sat there watching the Olympics. Earliest bar closing of any hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Strange, seem to be throwing money away.

Room was very nice.

The TV was not functioning, and rather than give me a new...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The TV was not functioning, and rather than give me a new room, I had to wait 2 hours for repair, and still had to address the issue at the desk a second time before a new room was provided - not the right way to handle the issue!

I would like to go back again.
    • Studio Suite

Unfortunately it was too warm to use the fireplace in the room.

Great location within walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants. Has a walking trail to the saco river out the back of property. Good parking and good amenities at the inn.

Clean and quiet room with utensils.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

- Staff: not unkind but not kind as well. No explanation for making my bed from the wall. - Air-conditioner smells bad. I couldn't turn it on. It also gave only warm air not cold air. - location: Not the center of the town. It takes pretty long time to walk to the center.

- Room was very clean. - Utensils were new and clean. Easy to use. You can make your own dinner and breakfast if you want. - TV has tons of channels - Wallmart and shopping oulet are close by the car.

Very comfortable, clean and so convenient to downtown. The staff were very cordial and welcoming
    • Studio Suite

Loved my suite with full kitchen! Even a washer, dryer and vacuum! The coffe pot ( full 12 cup pot) was excellent. It was like my own little apartment. I hated to leave.

Call before you go!
    • Studio Suite

We booked a "studio suite" that accomodated 2 adults and 2 children. What we got was a suite split in half!!! Murphy bed and pull out couch that basically touched each other, dining area and kitchenette, no bedrooms, they were locked upstairs. Rediculous for $275.00, foliage season ripoff.

I was expecting to get high class hotel for the money we pay...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

I was expecting to get high class hotel for the money we pay and from the pictures on the web site it turn to be a room with small flip bad , in the middle of the kitchen , very small bad size for couple . no real place for languages. the stuff at the reception was not willing to listen to us , we could not find parking place at the facility , I will not recomand anyone to stay in this place

The room was listed as an efficiency, this was a gross...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The room was listed as an efficiency, this was a gross understatement. The unit had a pull down bed which when down blocked access to the bathroom and required the rearrangement of furniture. I asked the management for an upgrade to a more normal room and was informed that since it was booked through booking.com they were unable to meet my request. This was my first and LAST dealing I will ever have with booking.com!

Place is great have stayed there before several times old...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Like I said it was great people r helpful and friendly

Place is great have stayed there before several times old eleven ever you know music in the lobby front porch near to everything resale shop pizza what mod can u ask for. Would recommend to friends our family booked two other rooms we r pleased

Not good put me in Roberts building across the street from...

Unit

Not good put me in Roberts building across the street from resort beside a gas station view of ally and gas station not what you showed on web site

Loved it!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The bed was very small and pulled off a wall. Little pricey per night!

The location. The restaurant. The bar. The bartender. An older male with kids. Nice guy!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great location and room. Staff should have provided clear information on getting to our room.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

We had a horrible time finding our room. We dragged our heavy luggage up three flights of stairs only to find that there was no connecting hallway. So we had to drag everything down again. My husband without luggage checked around to find out that we had to go up two floors exit walk down to next stairway entrance. to get to the third floor. Then he came back down and we both dragged our luggage up to our room - changing stairways was certainly never explained to us. When we asked a staff member, they couldn't help us because they didn't speak English.

Feeling like being in a private condo

Top notch!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Poolside refreshments would be a nice improvement.

Front desk employee, Brea, was excellent. I booked two rooms through Booking.com, the rooms weren't as specified in my original booking. Booking.com fault. Brea was kind enough to place us in a larger room to fit our whole family without gender clashes. Kudos to Brea! We all had a wonderful time, and I think Brea providing us with the proper sleeping arrangements, set the positive tone for the vacation!

I liked the look of the lobby when I checked in.
    • Hotel Suite

I thought we were going to be in the main building but we had to get in the car and drive down the street to another building not attached to the hotel. I was very disappointed. I never went into the main building except for checking in and I won't stay there again.

I liked the look of the lobby when I checked in....that's all I have to say about my likes.

Ideal location
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

I have nothing negative to report.

The staff at the front desk was very friendly and informative. The room was quiet and comfortable, perfect for a weekend or overnight trip. The location is ideal for walking around the town & not worrying about driving.

The location was amazing, the staff was so helpful and...
    • Hotel Suite

The beds were so hard and with current surgery on my leg I had a hard time sleeping. Also no curtains to block the light coming thru the blinds. The lockerooms for the pool and fitness center is so tiny especially for the size of the resort.

The location was amazing, the staff was so helpful and friendly, the room design was outstanding

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Out kids enjoyed the pool and the room tubs!
    • Studio Suite

I didn't realize we were staying in a separate building behind the main hotel. It was a challenge to park and carry our bags all the way around the building to the entrance. I should have done more research

Out kids enjoyed the pool and the room tubs! It was nice to have the washer / dryer too

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Great weekend escape!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Love the location! In walking distance to shops and café. Liked the pool and hot tub. The onsite restaurant, bar, and lobby area are a comfortable place to hang out. Nice atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Good hotel with central location
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

A little expensive for the standard we got. No daily cleaning.

We had a room with a kitchenette in one of the buildings on the side of the beautiful main building. This was also nice and the room was spacious until we folded out the bed from the wall. This bed was a little narrow but still comfy. The location is excellent right in the middle of town.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

resort was nice sleeping situation horrible.
    • Studio Suite

the sleeping situation was terrible. one bed folded out of the wall. the other bed was a fold out sofa.for the amount of money spent not a good deal.

the resort itself was very nice.the grounds pool and hot tub were great.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Great place to see fall foliage!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

There was a light out in the entryway to our room that we reported upon check in but was not fixed before we left. I always worry about tripping in places that are new to me and needed more lighting.

Staff was very friendly. Grounds were nice. Location was great.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Got a very good upgrade on the room without any hassels.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Aircondition compressor was loud and had a unbalance,made whole bedroom vibrating. It was not possible to sleep, not even to read a book. Carpenter repaired balcon and droped nails on parking lot. So I my car got a flat tire.

Got a very good upgrade on the room without any hassels. Very friedly and helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very Nice hotel with great amenities in downtown North Conway
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The irritated greeting and the lecture I received from the woman at the front desk for booking with booking.com on the same day that I was staying at the hotel. She was annoyed because my reservation didn't show up and she had to call someone to get it through. She said in the future I should call directly because they could have given a better rate and it would have been faster but she couldn't offer a better rate than the one from booking.com. I did not enjoy the annoyed attitude and lecture upon checking in however everything else about the hotel was lovely.

Pros: Convenient location, very clean and up to date room with a fabulous kitchenette and very comfy beds. Walk to everything downtown from this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

There was no place in the description of the room prior to booking that mentioned the room had a pull down bed. The bed was also uncomfortable as it sank in the middle.

Within walking distance of shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

It was a tough stay.
    • Studio Suite

The check in person needs to be more discrete! He kept referring to my last stay, but it had been with another woman. I am unmarried. The woman I was with this time became very upset upon hearing his spiel and with the whole situation. I probably won't come back to your hotel for fear of repeating the bad situation. If I had not prepaid for two nights, I would probably not have stayed. The room next to ours was extremely noisy. I had to call the desk to get help to calm things. I believe the door between the rooms is too thin and allows to much noise to filter through.

The location in town is such that a vehicle was not required to get around. The room itself was surprisingly large and comfy. The tub was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Flatbread pizza in the hotel
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The rooms were tiny, the beds that pull out from the wall made the rooms depressing to stay in, very plain and white walls The bathroom had hair under the toilet seat and in the showers, so did our sheets ewwww...not sure our room was even cleaned

Flatbread pizza in the hotel

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

the good far outweighed the bad ☺
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Felt harassed by sales calls and text before and during my stay. I booked a king bed, did not get king bed. Tried to get food on site and was told had to wait 1 hour, also VERY limited food with limited hours available on site ( flatbread pizza or salad only) never did get to eat there

EXCELLENT Location, clean, friendly staff, kept well. Overall a good experience and would stay here again!!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Can't wait to return.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Restaurant and bar closed way too early. Bed was extremely uncomfortable.

Loved the location...it was perfect. Staff was wonderful. Sadly did not have enough time to spend in the pool. Restaurant was great...loved the pizza cooked over a wood fire.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Great mom and daughter get away
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

water pressure way too low! had to take an extra long shower. they're not saving any money there.

Room was nice and bed was comfy. I will be returning.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

enjoyable
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Your website was a little quirky . When I booked the room it put me into booking.com. I cid not realize you had to call to make reservations.

The room was excellent so comfortable . We liked it so much we are planning another long weekend trip.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Dated and better options available in the area.
    • Hotel Suite

Very dated and in need of updating. Cleaning staff did a poor job during our 5 day stay. Incorrect description of room by staff and on website caused us problemishes when we arrived. We expected and we're told the hotel suite had two rooms. Instead the front desk explained it was just a slightly larger room. False advertising! The cook top had only small elements so couldn't really use a regular frying pan

Location waso convenient

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Good location, cute/decent room, a bit pricy for one night's stay...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The room we booked on Booking.com, for 2 adults and 2 kids, had a murphy bed and a sofa bed which could not both be open at the same time. Luckily the Inn gave us a different room, but that left me really questioning the quality/intelligence of the staff. I do not think the room was worth $227.00 for one night.

Location was great, kids loved the pool

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Classic place to stay in the heart of North Conway
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Only 2 pillows for a family of 3. We did tell them before. Had to call for blankets and pillows.

Felt like going back in time a bit. Also, Flatbread Pizza in the building.

Friendly staff and perfect location. Look forward to staying here again.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Great room. Murphy bed was a surprise and extremely comfortable.

Property was centrally located
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Hard sell to purchase time share

Property was centrally located

The gym and flatbread restaurant

Noisy fridge in room

The gym and flatbread restaurant

The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Staff could have been a little friendlier.

The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. Location is excellent

Love the Property
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Everything is in walking distance to shops and train station and restaurants.

Location and architecture
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Showers - didn't run consistent water temperature

Location and architecture

Worth the money!

Beds weren't very comfortable

Room was great with all the comforts of home!

Very relaxing stay as we expected it to be.

Everything as very good.

Bed was very comfy. TV was small and set in that shelf which was not appealing. Enjoyed the peacefulness.

• Studio with Small Kitchen

Making and stripping bed collecting trash. Bedding not looking very inviting

Location and friendly staff
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The parking was tight. We walked everywhere because we were on afraid we wouldn’t have a spot when we came back

Location and friendly staff

Would stay again!
    • Studio Suite

Locker rooms by the pool

Outdoor hot tub is great

Walking to town is a breeze location is great

Walking to town is a breeze location is great

Coin machine for game room was out of quarters and staff at...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Coin machine for game room was out of quarters and staff at front desk did not have quarters

Asked for early check-in, first room was ready at 4, second...
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Asked for early check-in, first room was ready at 4, second one was not ready until 30 minutes after check-in time

Location of hotel is why we stayed there
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

I didn’t like that the bed sheet was dirty

Sheets were dirty had to call front desk they sent up new sheets

Never disappointed to stay there
    • Hotel Suite

Only that I had to leave

The bed was amazing room was big clean nice view the tub in the room was nice

Awesome location very pleasant staff

Awesome location very pleasant staff

Staff is amazing, very clean and comfortable.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Nothing!! Everything is amazing.

Staff is amazing, very clean and comfortable.

Had a great time !!!!!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Need a little stiffer pillows

Staff was great, right in town next to all small business and great places to eat !!!

Ok
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

I didn't like : No complementary breakfast. Location of room. Arrangement of and type of furniture.

It was adequate.

would stay again
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

no air cond, very warm.. air was shut down for the season...

Comfortable and enjoyable
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Staff was overwhelmingly friendly and professional

Room discription needs to presented accurately!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Room discription needs to presented accurately!! Was very disappointed with the comfort of a Murphy bed.

Perfect!

Everything was perfect!

Fine trip to area.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

I would eliminate the Murphy Bed and put in a true queen bed.

Location, location, location

very close to town

very close to town

• Studio with Small Kitchen

Being bothered by staff with 4 phone calls to buy into the property.

Eastern Slope review

Spread out

Central to everything

it's close to everything.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

the bed could be more comfortable.

it's close to everything.

always a great stay at Eastern Slope Inn, family friendly, convenient and always clean
    • Hotel Suite

need more help at front desk

amazing, comfortable bed updated rooms with privacy perfect location

Would not stay there again, the only good thing was the location, overpriced
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The room was small dated and the bed was an uncomfortable murphy bed that to up quite a bit of the room when down

Fantastic place!!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Staff was great. Love the feel and quaintness of the Inn.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Awesome location, terrible bed.
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

The bed was a Murphy bed, VERY uncomfortable!

Location, location, location

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Best experience - Eastern Slope Inn was the best!
    • Studio with Small Kitchen

Everything the place was great! Loved the room and fireplace felt amazing after walking outside! Definitely will be back! 😃

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Everything, nice, clean, updated and friendly staff.

Noting

Everything, nice, clean, updated and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016