Reviews of Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk 3 stars

6.2

5.6

5.7

5.3

Receptionist rude, room was unclean in sleeping area, old mildew smell, bathroom unsafe with no tub rail, tiny tub, very basic. Felt itchy like being bitten, ckecked skin slightly red. Had to walk across the street to get ice. Continental breakfast a joke. I wanted to get my money back for overall dissatisfaction.

Room on 1st floor

I stayed here last year and this year. You really can't expect much for the price you are paying and the kind of establishment it is. The only thing I really ask for is a working TV. The TV's input was not working and we couldn't get it connected to the cable box. I tried calling the front desk but the phone had such horrible connection that I could barely hear the person at the front desk. I barely hear him say that they will have someone come to fix it momentarily. That's when I knew that it will never be fixed and it wasn't.

The only thing good about this hotel was that it was right by the beach. Easy commute to the boardwalk and beach. I have stayed at Tropicana before but I don't have the budget to get hit with a resort fee in addition to the hotel charges. It's a cheap option for just a one night stay that has easy access to the beach.

The breakfast wasn't good, they run of coffee quick and didn't offer a wide variety of selection.

Comfortable clean, Wi-Fi was alright, overall quite good

You paid fir what you got. He set us up in room 228 and that room was a nightmare. No deadbolt lock. Shower had no curtain and the shower floor looked disgusting and had no drain cover. Don’t bring your kids here!! After I complained he put is in another room (234). It was like night and day and I wonder why I was ever in room 228 to begin with. The new room was better. The only problem is the tv was broken and we couldn’t watch anything 🤷🏽‍♂️

It was cheap!

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I requested extra blanket got it. Very friendly. Breakfast more than i expected. Staff and house keeping very friendly.Will go back again. Beds and pillows comfortable.

• Junior King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We booked the honeymoon suite and the room didn't look like the pictures. Sofas were outdated, some tub tiles were loose, curtains were missing hooks... you get the idea. The shower was the best part of the room. Other than that, the room did suffice for our intended stay. I didn't do breakfast so I can't comment. A little pricey for what we got.

The location was perfect.

i had to be the housekeeper at the room .. bed was not made ..i had no clean towels.... the front desk personnel did not know why the room was not cleaned.. the room had a smell to it and windows were dirty...pretty outdated ... the closet had a strong urine smell so i did not utilize it ... i would not recommend staying there unless you were desperate ... and as a bonus there were 2 men knocking on the door at 2 am .... not going back there

it was near the boardwalk

The doors, the beds, the sheets, blankets, curtains. Bath towels. Microwave and refrigerator. Update everything entirely too old. Sofa and all decor. Fix drawers and get chairs for the tables and new mattresses.

Cheap. Not staying in room much at all.

The room smelled, the breakfast was nasty, the staff didn't know what they were doing during check in, took 30 mins to do that,then the room wouldn't lock so had to get another room and it smelled bad

That it was close to everything

No blankets , I paid for late check out and was still woken up out my sleep by the cleaning staff and then maybe 2 hrs later my room was given to somebody else and I only knew because they was trying to enter the room while I was laying down.

The gentleman that check me in and out was extremely awesome..

The room was falling apart, broken bathroom door, broken dresser, broken, door to the fridge, shower was broken, holes in the curtain and the smell of weed and homeless people on the property was too much!

The staff was very friendly

Toilet was stopped up when we got there. I couldn’t call front desk from the phone in the room, I used my cell phone to report it & no one ever came to fix it

Location. That’s literally it!

There were only 2 pillows on each bed and they were extremely thin and I had a crook in my neck when I woke up. The Bolt on the door did not work because the door frame was broken. The parking situation is absolutely horrible and my child and I were unable to park when we returned from the evening and had to go across the street in the rain. The microwave way plate was missing out of the microwave making it difficult to heat up food. The door handle to the refrigerator was broken off. The toilet did not flush unless you held down the handle. The curtain rod was broken and we had to tape up the side of the curtains so that those on the outside could not see in.

I liked the location and the small flat screen TV and channel selection.

Property was good for the value , I was happy with my stay .

Right beside Tropicana Casino and also 1 minute walk to the boardwalk . The free breakfast was good

Definitely needed cosmetic repairs. Also it seems like whoever built the motel was in a rush or did not know what they were doing. The area around the motel and even in our hotel smelled like marijuana the entire time. It was not quiet either due to honking and construction.

It was a three minute walk from the board walk. It wad also a few minutes drive away from everything (Restaurants, Tanger outlets)

The lack of staff, Cleanliness and functionality/amenities is what made the stay so bad. They need more capable staff to ensure that the rooms are clean before a guest checks-in. Try to incorporate another Ice machine it is EXTREMELY inefficient and annoying to have to travel a block or so just to get a small bucket of ice.

when we first arrived the first room they gave us hadn't been cleaned yet (sheets and towels on the floor, trash all around the room etc.) The second was better, slightly. You have to go outside and up and across the street just to get ice (depending on where your room is at, they have 3 separate parking lots but only one ice machine) The free breakfast is basic (DIY Waffles, cereal, cheap coffee (no coffee pot in room )no breakfast meats and some kind of juice) Staff was very friendly (except the ones who didn't speak English).

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

A dump. Front door could have been easily pushed in and daylight on top and bottom. Broken window blinds. Old room. Not their fault but power went out.

clean, close to Tropicana

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The tv didn't work. There was a 1-2 inch gap between the door and the floor, leaving the room freezing at night. The beds were not very comfortable.

Everything nothing was as it looked online just horrible service room wasn't right door kept locking me out toilet was clogged had to move in the middle of the night to new hotel room because of toilet

The room had holes in the wall, outdated, carpet was dirty, a lot of outside traffic. The electricity shut off on us in the morning had to wait a hour for it to return. I was charged 3 times for the same room for no reason and the price I paid for that room was extortion. I will never stay at that facility again I rather pay more money at the actual hotel/casino and get my money's worth.

It was near the casinos.

Our room had everything except for an iron.

Stayed in AC for one night. Our room was located right up the block from Tropicana Casino & Hotel. Parking was only $10. So not too bad at all.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

everything about the hotel.

The place did not look as in the photos. It smells like a cigarette and the hallway was dark and dirty. The room was disgusting looking. the windows were dirty and there was mold on the door. I went with my two minors children and that place is not family friendly.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room sunk, things where broken, ceiling chipping paint. The electric went off, which is why breakfast wasn't served. Noise neighbors. I payed $175 dollars for one night. When I booked on booking.com it was $139. I will never again trust booking online. Please do your research on other sights concerning hotels. Stay at the Claridge Hotel, the best in AC I experience so far.

The Boardwalk

Well...the facility is dated...lol...Econo, yes it is...old needs paint and new carpet...but whoever does the cleaning did well!!!

The staff was amazing as well as accommodating! I called for soap...towels...asked where the light switch was and the gentleman at the front desk was patient...kind...and helpful. I left my phone in the room and he gave me another key to get that...then my bank card was mossing he gave me a second key card to get back in the room for the third time!!!! My key card wouldn't work and he sent two employees over to help me, I was a freakin nuisance!!! I don't know his name...but he was amazing....he was able to relate to everyone that came in to check in...he treated everyone with so much respect! Also the bathroom was clean...no tub rings...hair...and the hot water and shower pressure soothed my aching bones after performing all night!!!

In the main lobby the workers had insense burning in the back room and I literally had to get out quickly. Not professional at all.

Place seemed sketchy but more than good enough for the money.

The hotel was old and run down, there was such a draft in the room that I had to turn the heater on full blast.

If you are pressed for time or on a tight budget the breakfast is more than adequate.

That place should be shut down. Water was pouring from the bathroom’s LIT fixture as it was pouring over the bed I was occupying. Telephone not working, had t call the emergency on my cell. This very nice guy got all wet me too, from the Water pouring from room 116 ceiling. 116’s view:Econo Lodge garbage. He moved Me to 115. At night, I was all alone in 115, I heard the noise of young men, in that spooky apart lonely place, I put the chain and a chair against the door to ‘protect’ myself. The night front desk guy, a gentleman as well replied quickly to my pleas- I was terrified, crying, my legs shaking. I could barely walk. He helped me with my bags to room 233 at the end of the hall, he assure me:!you will be all right. You are right above my office, you will be all right-!phone wasn’t working either.- I could barely sleep. I didn’t have the brains -too in shock- l’ll try to get a couple of pics. I still was charged, for all that Shamful HELL The full price plus every tax they could have though of: $117.60 April 4th to this morning: April 6, 2018. My gratefulness to these 2 gentlemen and the wonderful maids. Vivian Estrada-Mora Let me know if you are interested I did show the night front desk gentleman.

Everyone is really nice. Thanks, especially to the 2 front desk gentlemen

The room needs to be remodeled. There was wholes in the corner and ceiling. The phone didn’t work at all. We use our cell phone to call the front desk. The sheets had stains and the towels in the bathroom had hair on them. Never again.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

It an bad smell when you walk in the room.. need more refreshing

The out side was dirty floors wasn't vacuum at all alot if trash little bits of paper all over.. dirty sheets was outside on the side of the room when i got there and when i left!

There was a lot of construction that woke us up each morning. And a lot of horn honking and ppl talking loudly wknd nights.

Very close to the boardwalk and jitney. Great customer service.

Could've had an indoor pool

Everything was nice, comfortable, convenient. Most of all I loved the front desk employees. They were so polite & understanding.

I did not like the prostitutes and men in and out all day and night.The property is noisy due to the thin walls.The refrigerator was extra extra small.

The rooms are a nice size.The rooms were very clean.The bed was very comfortable.

The room was disgusting. The front desk was not clean; old cigarette cartons laying around, the free breakfast was still out and it was almost 1 am. There was an over flow of Garbage by my door and other guest watching me walk in was not okay.

My stay was horrible. Then the front desk Worker left the desk for about an hour to be a part time plumber. Other guest watch me walk into my room which also made it very uncomfortable.

I didn't like the cleanliness of the hotel very dirty." And outdated. The heat in the room did not work slept with a hoodie and scarf on and was still freezing check in was horrible original room we checked into was not clean and we were moved to another dirty room

Nothing room was not clean towels were dirty sheets were dirty condoms in trash can from previous visitors

It doesn't have a lot of curb appeal but it was definitely clean inside and worth the price.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful.

The room choice was last minute for my boyfriend and I. The room was dirty and smelled like cigarettes, the bathroom had cigarette burns on sink. The lamps were broken on both end tables. The bed sheet had holes the closet had cigarette ashes all over the floor. Thank you God I stay with my boyfriend I think I would’ve slept in my car if I had to stay alone. This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in I will never go back worst experience in my life. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!!

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I thought I was getting a great deal. this was not the case the place looks nothing at all like the photos and room smelled like mold until the house keeper put air freshener in the beds are very uncomfortable one towel had lipstick on it the wall paper was peeling the ceiling u can tell has water damage.

All that is good about this place is the location and the politeness of the gentleman at the front desk.

SAFE DIDNT WORK AT FIRST . MAINTANCE HAD TO SPEND 1 HOUR FROM THE TIME HE CAME TILL TEH TIME HE FIXED THE PROBLEM.. pima. ... BUT FOR THE MONEY NOT BAD

PROXIMITY TO TROPICAN CASINO AND BOARDWALK

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was just eww. Only offered muffins and waffles. Bed was hard and uncomfortable. Check out was at 11 and at 11 a hotel staff memeber came to knock on the door.

Where do I even begin??? Beyond dirty, microwave did not work, part of the sink was missing, no smoke detector, dirty lamp shades and sticky stains on counter. We parked at Tropicana instead of in the lot. Couldn't check out fast enough the next morning. Skipped free breakfast and checked out over the phone. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Close to Tropicana

Well the view was looking in a parking lot and trash all over the ground ..... and the didn’t have a closet couldn’t hang up nothing..... and the sham had mole on it .... the continental breakfast was terrible ..... warm milk sitting on the counter there was no tea bags .... and there wasn’t much to pick from .....

Location to the cansio

Dirty small bathroom my safe didn't work. And the shower didn't have a cover over the drain. My heater didn't work neither.

When I left. The TV.

The room was dirtu. The sheets on tje bed obviously were never changed because they were all dirty. The sink in the bathroom kept leaking. No elevator to my floor.

There were cock roaches there. There were smears on the wall where it looked like previous guests had killed them. Beds sunk in middle. Broken furniture. They use an adapter so they could plug in 5 different things - tv, lamp, frig, microwave which didn’t work, cable box and another thing that looked like a second cord to the cable. Carpet had holes in it.

Staff was very accommodating.

Poor room quality ... door knobs weren't working, the water in the bath tub wouldn't drain out ...

The location was good right next to the boardwalk and casinos

The room was nothing like the pictures on the website, our keycard didn't work so we had to get anotha rm, and the telephone was broken but for all our troubles we received an xtra hr

Cleanliness was poor, room smelled like fish and when you opened the refrigerator it’s not properly cleaned fish grease was inside. So disgusting.

Close to casinos

The bathroom could of been clean bathroom was nasty and housekeeping just open the door before knocking and we had go to front desk for everything like toilet tissue n extra towels

Everything!

Pictures did not match the room, the hooker next door tried to pick up my husband... the entire place smelt like weed and there was a dirt needle on the ground

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The stay was horrific!!!!..Its a dirty filthy place!!!

This place was horrible..I was bitten by a bed bug during the night,my face swelled up like a balloon and had to go to the hospital when I returned home. I will NEVER stay there again.

The lamps in our room did not work. We did not want to wait around for someone to come fix it because we wanted to go out and have fun so we just used the Bathroom as our main lighting. It was very inconvenient. Other than that everything else was fine!

Location was very convenient and the price was good! The staff were also very friendly.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was bad, no microwave oven in the room, sticky carpets, light barely lit up the room, very run down, no breakfast even though we had it included.

Hotel says that breakfast is included but there was no breakfasf both of mornings because was not enough customers in a hotel 😀 Also, the room smells disgusting.

Hotel is in perfect place, nesr the beach

Everything.

Nothing. Breakfast was to be included but when I went for breakfast the guy at the desk just shrugged his shoulders and said that the woman who did breakfast didn't show up.

There were flies in the room. The sheets were dirty and had stained. It was not at all what I expected. I had to get ice out of a cooler in the reception area. The breakest was held in another hotel room. Over all I would never book a room here ever again. Although aside for this the outside of the hotel in the location was nice by the boardwalk and beach and ceasers casino was literally 10 mins away walking distance. I made rhe best of my stay but left the night before so I never stood the entire stay.

The bathroom showerhead was not on completely and made the water go all over the place and on the floor. The floor was damp near the window near the AC. The unit need to be updated

The Man at the front desk was nice and pleasant at check-in and check-out.

The bathroom needs updating along with the walls. The sheetrock seemed to be pealing back.

We liked that it was very close to the boardwalk and ocean. A short walk.

Very disappointed. Our fridge did not work which ended up with my family throwing food away.Our key card did not work door wouldn't look and there was mold in our room.we booked three rooms and no fridge in any of these rooms worked.Carpet in hallway was diagusting.My aunt had to switch rooms because key cards stopped working.Our stopped working the last night so we didn't leave the room.Would not stay again.

Close to beach

I JUST TOLD YOU

BREAKFAST WAS CERIAL AND MUFFINS WATERED DOWN APPLE JUICE NO TEA COFFEE NOT BADCARPET WAS VERY DIRTY WALL PAPER WAS COMING OFF BATHROOM WALL MIRRIOR WAS VERY LOOSE ATTENDANTS DID NOT SPEAK ENGLISH

Dirty box spring Bathroom not clean Dark spots all over mirror Peeling paint Broken seal on door so bugs got it Lamp broken

Location near boardwalk and beach access

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Let's see, where do I start? There was black mold on the ceiling of the bathroom, the water did not drain immediately out of the bathroom sink, toilet needed two flushes, room was dated, furniture was broken so bad that a drawer was hanging out which could not be pushed in. The neighborhood is a bit dodgy. We had a begger come up to us in the hotel's parking area. As for the breakfast, after I found out where it was, I walked away and got breakfast on the boardwalk. Breakfast is served in an empty hotel room for some reason but I'm not sure I want to know why. Don't focus too much on the bad. It's better to know what to expect than be surprised when those lovely pictures you see now are far from reality.

Ok, so this booking was last minute in the height of the summer season. The price was cheap and, of course, you get what you pay for. What was good about it? The location (right next to the Tropicana and a stone's throw to the boardwalk), the parking was right on site and well lit, the sheets and towels were clean, the staff were friendly and accommodating, the air conditioner worked well, there was a mini-fridge, microwave and small safe in the room.

Facilities we're not working, breakfast was served in a room with no proper seating, water clogging at parking, sink was broken, nobody pick the call to reception

All my towels and blankets was dirty, the iron or iron board inside the room, cigarette burns everywhere, the non smoking room smelled like weed, so much construction going on, the door couldn't even lock all the way, the bathroom looks like a horror movie, and they was calling our room and knocking on the door to kick us out before check out.

The hotel is right next to tropicana

Parking lot was dirty, curtains were terrible ,airconditoner was very noisy ,refrigerator not working lots of flies near the door this was one of the worst rooms I was in. I have been here before many times but this was not a good experience.

The bed was comfortable

Look above

No! The eggs were not fluffy simply because they didn't offer eggs. While my friend and i tried to make our own waffles at the breakfast station, a group of clearly intoxicated Latinos kept laughing at us in Spanish. How is this not a racist remark you might ask? Well, when I hear "gringo, gringo, gringo" over again as these people are pointing and laughing, I get a bit insulted even as a Democrat.The front desk did nothing to accommodate my friend or me, they just sat idly by. The room was updated, except for the pink and yellow 1960s bathroom. Paint was peeling off the shower cieling. I might add, if you want a comfortable shower temperature,you need to run the sink on full blast hot to regulate the output of water in the shower. Bed was comfortable and the TV was new. Fine for just a place to rest your head.

The room needed much attention. The drawers handles were falling off, the plugs wouldn't stay plugged into the wall, the curtain at the window was stained and hanging off, the door to the room looked like it had been kicked in at one point, and just repaired.

Location was pretty close to the beach.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was a drip coming from the bathroom door frame that leaked all over the floor. Slippery until I put a towel down.

It was close to the race venue I had signed up for

I got some reason was having difficulties with my room keys. Could have been me.

The staff was helpful and polite. Never came across anyone rude and were available immediately.

It's an old, dated, run down Econo Lodge. Our room was clean but the door stuck so much that you had to kick it or put your shoulder into it to open it. The bathroom faucet was stuck on scalding hot and the wall mirror was left on the floor, leaning against the wall. We booked it through Booking.com but when we got there they didn't have our reservation. Luckily they had a room available. Very convenient location, we walked to a concert at Boardwalk hall. That's about the nicest thing I can say about this place.

The ragged drapes at the window. The garbage and trash on the setting deck, the poor maintenance of the rooms and bath room. I will say that the bed was very comfortable.

The staff was very friendly, Check in went very smoothly, Breakfast was enough to start your day. I have to say if it were not for the friendly staff I dont think that I would stay again but because of the staff I would. I would not recommend to others because it is not worth the price paid per night.

The room was pretty damaged. Like the handle on the tv stand was broken I didn't notice it until I walked pass the stand and it scratched skin off my leg. There was also a slit in the wall paper coming from floor up and they tried to cover it with a little garbage can. Lastly, you have to be very careful when turning on the water because the water is scorching hot . We had to place the shower on cold so we don't burn our skin off. I wish I had more pictures of the room but I will post some of the damages.

It is very close to the beach and casinos. The bed was very comfortable.

The doorknob into bathroom was loose and we had to fix it to get in and out of the room. The entry door was very hard to close. Early on 2nd day our magnetized door cards stopped working. Continental breakfast was very poor - No juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, hot teas, pastries, etc.; very, very minimal items.

Convenience to the ocean and boardwalk!

I didn't like that there wasn't enough breakfast. They stop serving at 10 am. :( And I didn't like that they didn't have anymore cots.

I liked that it was closed to the boardwalk and the beach (right in front). I liked that the casinos where right in front as well. I liked that the room was cleaned, had enough room.

The location was very bad, and needs some upgrading to the hotels, also parking is not very accommodating.

Room was very clean, and bed was super comfy.

Our sheets had burn holes in them and clearly were not washed. The air conditioner rattled every time we turned it on so it was loud and disruptive when we tried to sleep at night.

I liked the location it was very close to boardwalk and staff was very nice as well

Browse Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk traveller photo gallery