Reviews of Econo Lodge - Burlington This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2133 West Hanford Road, Burlington, NC 27215, United States of America

#10 of 13 hotels in Burlington

6.2

5.7

5.6

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

We only stayed long enough to get some sleep and then left immediately.

The room was horrible and needs an update. There were holes in the carpet and worn areas. The bed was very uncomfortable with the springs poking through. The door suck and had to get help to open it to get into the room. The air quality was also horrible .. it was a non smoking room and smelled like a pack of cigarettes.

The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

I was disgusted with this hotel and regret not immediately asking for a refund.

Cigarette smells and burn holes in comforter, dirty rooms, being approached and asked did I want to buy drugs, cracked bath tub, torn curtains...

The receptionist was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

I will never stay in Econo Lodge again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was the filthiest Hotel I've ever seen. From the parking lot to the dirty hallways in the stained carpets. Our bathroom was disgusting the TV did not work there was stains on the wall. I would have packed up and ran out of there without looking back and slept in my car but it was a little cold out and every other Hotel was booked because of convention was in town. The hotel room was so dirty I actually opened all the mattresses up and looked just to make sure there is no bed bugs. There were ants on the air conditioner by the window. The sink in the bathroom has spots on it like they never wiped it from the last person. I didn't go barefoot

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

The staff were excellent. Definately should be rooms for ALOT LESS.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place smelled like BO and smoke.I was aware it wasn't the best place so I brought my own sheets.I also bought FreBreeze spray. It would probably helpif they tore up the carpets throughout which are DISGUSTING.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

we will be back on the next flight to the west coast-
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The attendant at the morning breakfast needed a better attitude - we were trying to get a cup of coffee and a bagel on the run when she was putting breakfast out, She made it known it was irritating her.

park & ride

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Will never be back. Will never recommend this.

When we check in the wife had to clean the bathroom floor because she kept sticking to it. The eggs that I was expecting for breakfast I did not get until the 3rd day of my stay. It was noisy. Run down. You can smell cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Unbelievably nasty, filthy, and a farse. Had a 4 yr old and weren’t looked tonleave once FBI showed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Entire place so filthy and ladies of evening around In rooms. Swat came and bombed down rooms and doors. Found my selling goods and woman. Bugs on ceiling. Tub filthy, no pool was torn Apart. Front door gone after. Many people living there. No ice machine.

Nothing. Especially not the swat team convirging and breaking down the front of the hotel. Found man selling guns nd ladies from a room

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

hallways were disgusting. Trash everywhere. Vehicles get messed with

Lots of prostitutes and drug dealers. Was worried about vehicle being broken into. And staff was out chilling with his homies in one of the rooms when I arrived instead of being at the front desk.

It was cheap.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Will go to a different one from now on.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty. No breakfast. Dried up bread. Shady people hanging out everywhere. Sheets appeared to have been slept in. Non smoking room smelled of smoke.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Dated and dirty

Carpet is stained. Ceiling was sinking in bathroom. Cracked tile..bedding was rough and wasn't freah

The front desk clerk was great and the heater in bedroom was excellent.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Would not recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room we were in was dirty, stains on walls and on bed skirt. The shower tub felt like it might fall through the floor. Missing at least one light bulb. Smelled of smoke.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Worth the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I feel like that the breakfast could have been better. Also, there were a lot of doors that should be fixed for safety reasons. But they were a very clean hotel. Worth they money!

I loved how clean they were. I was worried. EA use of how cheap they were.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

We didn't eat breakfast while we were there, but have...

They need more breakfast items, like cottage cheese,ham,etc.

We didn't eat breakfast while we were there, but have tried it from once before when we stayed there. It was good😊

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

A lot of space to park my truck.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That the guy at the desk upon not seeing my reservation was will to not give me a room but upon being contacted by booking did.

A lot of space to park my truck.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Don't stay , find a better place for same price

everything was dirty, smelled of smoke, poor internet, tv worked some not all the time, broken exit doors had to walk around to room and front desk. DON'T STAY HERE , $ 20.00 hotel is about what its worth

location good

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it smelled really bad. There were no tissues because "we are all out", the toilet paper had a very little left and was damaged by water stains.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

You get what you pay for. Stay there if nothing else is available!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor maintenance of property. It is unclear why bathrooms have not been maintained or tubs replaced (when they are cracked), mold grows all over and pieces of tile are missing. Please make those repairs!! Lastly and just a personal opinion, not sure why the person in charged of breakfast walks around armed. If we had wondered about the overall safety of the place, the gun only confirmed that the hotel was maybe not a very safe one. Please understand that nothing bad happened to us or anyone while we stayed there.

location. Just off the highway and minutes away from Elon. Easy check in and out.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Regrettable, never again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not having coffee in my room. The maid not coming in and making the beds. At all, during the two day stay! The filthy mold everywhere in the bathroom. No hot water or water pressure. God this place is the worst hotel on planet earth!

Coffee in the lobby.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

I would not stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't stay for breakfast. Someone outside my window was loud talking all night in the parking lot. Every time you put the microwave on the the television and microwave would go off. One of the workers exchange microwave but the same thing happen, too many items on the same outlet. I put my sandwich on bedside table and small and large roaches came out of this small clock/radio. The manager or staff member offer me a free night stay at a later date.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

I am a genius customer prior to booking my room I asked for...

I am a genius customer prior to booking my room I asked for late check out. I received a confirmation stating that it was confirmed my checkout would be at 2pm. Upon checking in I asked the gentleman at the front desk did they have my confirmation for me checking out at 2pm the next day. His response was “yes”. Next morning it’s 9am, & it’s a knock at the door it’s “housekeeping” advised them that my check out is at 2pm. Around 11:30am another knock is at the door saying that check out was at 11. Walked to the front desk & waited 20 mins for what I’m guessing was the manager to come down who was upstairs. I stated to her that I received confirmation regarding my late check out & from the gentleman who was working the front desk when I checked in. She stated to me in a rude tone: “ I don’t know why he would tell you that he is not authorized to do so I guess I’ll have you checking out at 1pm we no longer have check out until 2pm that stopped a year ago.” After I left the front desk I just got my things & left. I will not be staying here ever again. The tub was not the cleanest & the shower curtain was disgusting!

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

The EconoLodge in Burlington was literally a "flea...
    • King Room - Smoking

It's difficult to comment positively about anything when your room is infested with dog fleas and you wake up with flea bites! Needless to say this was my worst experience/trip ever. I was bitten by disgusting dog fleas!

The EconoLodge in Burlington was literally a "flea bag" hotel. I traveled out-of-town to take a 5 hour and 40 minute exam. When I woke up the next morning I had flea bites on my face arms back and buttocks. I asked one of the staff did they allow pets there and she said "yes, come to think of it the room you were in had a man with a dog who stayed for a while." It should be customary that when patrons with animals check-out that their rooms are professionally exterminated. This did not happen and the room was filthy. I don't even think the sheets had been changed and the carpet was DEFINITELY NOT VACUUMED. After my examination I was exhausted and asked for another night in a different room. This was accommodated but the room was not much cleaner. I had been bitten by dog fleas, was tired, and miserable. The next time I book I will make sure that it's a hotel with NO PETS ALLOWED.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2017

The bed was comfortable.

The hallway smelt so bad. The room was suppose to be non smoking but smelt like a smoke factory. I dont smoke and to people who dont smoke can smell it big time! I took a shower when I arrived after working all day and got out of the shower getting ready to go find something for dinner put my sock on and walked near the door and bathroom and my socks got soaked the carpet was soaking wet!

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

Probably will not stay at another Econo Lodge

Furnishings were wore, mold in bathroom area, did not smell good

Just needed an overnight for a long trip and it served the purpose. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: September 13, 2017

I may never use Econo lodge again.

people were allowed to talk and make noise in lower hallways till after 3 am. I came to get some rest for a day. It is hard to get rest with this kind of problem.

eggs were fine , eating area was not clean, beds were ok

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Disappointing because it was a Choice hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was non-smoking but the building was not. Therefore, my allergies were very bad. I could smell the smoke through the floor. Also, there are men who drink and smoke in the back corner of the parking lot every night. Looked like construction workers who possibly have extended stays. Would not go back.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Made it out no worse for wear
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place is not very clean. Room smelled like a smoking room though it was marked as nonsmoking. There was water all over the floor at the ice machine - not a huge deal, except that there was an unsmoked cigarette laying in said water for the duration of my two-night stay. The linens did smell a Cloroxy. A good thing in this case. One wall had a smear that looked like chocolate (I hope :/). If this is only option in Burlington next time (was Elon U move in weekend), I will stay in Durham or Greensboro.

The people at the desk were Very nice. The shower water pressure was great. Caveat: the shower head only had a hose-like flow so it was sort of like taking a shower under a pressure-washer. Or maybe a small water cannon. There is a small fridge in the room. The AC worked well.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Needs a makeover
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor quality bedding, bathroom poorly maintained with a crack in the bathtub?? Breakfast was very limited and offer very few healthy items. Coffee is really bad and the orange juice is not juice but some artificial powder.

very inexpensive and close to Elon University which was the reason for our visit/

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Cigarette scent everywhere.

Our room smelled very smokey. Tried a different room upstairs but it was worse - smell of pot hits you when you get to the top of the stairs. The room smelled smokey and moldy. Hall carpet was filthy.

The young man at the front desk was as polite and helpful as he could be despite the deplorable accommodations. He allowed us to cancel reservation without penalty. Thank you. He would be an asset to any respectable hotel.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Don't even glance at this place!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Where to start? This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was dirty, it smelled like a public toilet, it was noisy with zero insulation, it was old, there were holes in almost everything ( the ceiling, the tub, the walls, the furniture). The continental breakfast was enjoyed by constant flow of the general population who would come in off the street, fill up a plate and leave with their bounty. When you pull up to the entrance you are greeted by nonguests who are just hanging out with staff. It makes for a very uncomfortable check in. I wanted to leave but we had already prepaid and my husband said we would stick it out. My daughter chided me for being too cheap when I booked this. There is no way I would have booked this hotel if I knew how bad it was.

The ONLY thing halfway decent I can say about this property is that the location was acceptable.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Great rooms, uncomfortable environment.
    • King Room - Smoking

When i arrived at the hotel the first thing i noticed was a crowd around the pool area. As i began walking around the back side of the pool to avoid walking through the crowd of people that were blocking the main entrance, i noticed a strong scent of urine around the pool. When i entered the building there were people laying under the stairwell and people standin around the second floor doorway as well. After i asked to be excused to get through to the hallway leading to my room, one guy who was clearly under the influence asked me if i wanted to "party tonight". I then went back to the office and asked to change rooms. The clerk was accomadating and even helped me transfer my luggage to the next room. This hotel has potential to be a great place but it clearly is not managed properly.

The room was neat and clean

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Great breakfast and comfortable beds but very dirty carpet.

The room was nice, comfortable beds and the bathroom was clean but the carpet was very dirty and stained. The hallway carpet was the same. Clean it or rip it out and replace it.

The staff were very friendly and respectful. The breakfast was fresh, hot and fabulous! Bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, cereal and fresh fruit. No complaints about the food!

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Cheap but old and smelly. Felt dirty
    • King Room - Smoking

I was given a smoking room instead of non smoking. All the upper level smelled weed and smoke. Everything smelled bad and looked dirty. The washbasin was stuck. The bathtub walls were painted and the pain was peeling The sheets had holes and stains. You could see the stains on the mattress through the sheets. Cover should be trashed. Carpet and wallpapers are old and peeling. Exit door 1 is blocked.

Just out of i85. Fine breakfast for the price. (Waffles, baffles, muffins, scrambled eggs, etc.)

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

there were no eggs just waffles coffee was deplorable , the...
    • King Room - Smoking

walking up and down the steps as I have arthritis in both knees and its difficult to handles would be much better to have th emeeting rooms downstairs and all bedrooms upstairs We have been meeting there the past 5 years and you've not gotten any better wiwth promises of chair lifts which I don't blame you for not putting in but it is a problem with those of us with handicapps we coulda have had more people were they able to do the steps. An now we have to endure another year - rooms were clean, but when you checked in bathrooms putty around tubes were cracked tubes were mostly stained, there was glue night stand and I mentioned tohousekeeper tol her I didn't know what it was but it looked groose, andi had to cover it up with a towel I was aftaid to have anyting touch it if you know or understand what it looked like very unsanitary to me. The housekeeper is one that told me it was glues and she had tried to remove it. but just wiping over it will not remove it. Housekeeprs children were everywhere and muc in way of things and the pool to me was unclean I wouldn't go inot the water with all the health issues that are being posted on being in a pool. But as I said guess we will endure another year but not because of wanting to.

there were no eggs just waffles coffee was deplorable , the staff is most helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Better luck next time...

Hallways had trash in them. Rooms smelled old and musty. Staff said they would switch out my room but did not. Also did not receive room service until the last day of my visit. Very unhappy about my last stay at Econo.

Not too much to go on. Good rates for a 3 night stay but that is about it.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

I ended up not staying there due to uncleanliness and...

I ended up not staying there due to uncleanliness and smoking guests in hotel. I was told by the manager that they would not charge me but that I need to make the request for the charge to be rebated on my card. Pls advise what you need in order for me to get reimbursed. Thank you.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

Wasn't to satisfying.

I don't like that u have to hang the towels up and reuse them, or that u have to sleep on the same bed linens to conserve energy and save water.

The beds are very comfortable, and there were plenty of outlets to keep my electronic devices charged up.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Disappointed

Pillows, exterior appearence, carpets stained throughout (room and hallway), security lock on door # 2 wasn't working, anyoun can enter even though it had a card entry access. Clientele mostly construction workers, truckers and lower class. Stayed at this hotel 3-4 years earlier, it has went down hill since then.

Price and Pet friendly.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Bad choice

The hotel wasn't secure, anyone could enter from the rear. It smelled of smoke even in the none smoking area/room. We left after one night and got another hotel in the area.

Nothing! To start, Booking.com did not submit reservations to the hotel. We were not registered.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

Not my first choice

The room didn't give me the sense of cleanliness. There was hair in the bed, on the covers. From past experiences its a bother to complain. Nothing gets fixed.

Breakfast was okay. TV was good.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2017

Decent you get what you pay for

Mattress almost on the floor comforter and blankets had stains pillows flat and dingy

Eggs were fine the beds need to be replaced mold in the bathroom around shower needs a little tlc

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Dissatisfied
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was very, very unhappy with this stay. I think this may have been my first time here. There was a roach in the bathroom,i could not believe it. I was unable to be comfortable or feel relaxed. Total dissatisfaction.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2016

Worst $90 spent in years!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place had not been renovated since 1960's the cost was inflated due to activities in the area - I would be embarrassed to tell anyone I paid $90 for such a horrible experience

I was glad I brought my own linens! Shower/water pressure was only good thing

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Get what you pay for...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a very odd odor throughout the facility. Bathroom was very outdated and shower drain was pretty disgusting.

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Room was a good value.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Nice staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upstairs in the mon smoking area smelled like weed was being smoked. Plus, my power beats (wireless ear buds) were taken out of the case and are missing.

Nice staff.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2016

Not great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Overall facility was tired needed upgrade felt sketchy bc of this. Room smelled bad. Not even worthy of 2 stars

Bathroom was clean. Staff was mostly invisible but friendly.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2016

Don't even so in for directions!! The nastiest establishment ever!

This was the nastiest establishment i have ever encountered. The stench of cigarette smoke hit you as soon as you open the lobby door. The reservation that had been designated for me was not awaiting my arrival and was said to have been the fault of booking.com. The desk attendant said bookings.com did not transfer my reservation properly therefore my reservation of a king room and 2 double beds was downsized to twin rooms. Then i was offered 2 smoking rooms with double beds which was even worse. There was mold in my bathroom. Cigarette burns on the sheets and blankets and bed bugs on the sheets.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2016

Beds were quit clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The free hot breakfast was less than desirable. There were no eggs or bacon, only a few pieces of sausage left. Orange juice tasted watered down and this was at 8:30.

Beds were quit clean and comfortable. Shower pressure was good (always something I appreciate ).

• Reviewed: September 8, 2016

Staff were very friendly and accommodating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It didn't feel very safe there at all and would not stay for more then one night. It was fairly clean but the hall and room stank like cigarettes.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast was a nice bonus

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

The pool was never open I was told at check out if I went to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was never open I was told at check out if I went to front desk they would have opened it a big sign closed was up I am not a mind reader the hair dryer did not work bugs dirty smelly

• Reviewed: July 31, 2016

Mediocre stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool hours were unfortunate. I wanted to take my son swimming before checkout but it didnt open until 11am.and the breakfast was nothing but bread and cereal and the coffee machine wants working. The internet was only one bar and would not connect.

The room was clean and was right off the highway.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2016

Gave up and left after waiting over thirty minutes and no service.never seen nothing like that befor

Could at least have more help or better room attendants.

Could not find anyone to check us in! People were standing around waiting for their rooms to be cleaned. The lady at the desk was trying to clean rooms and take care of the desk.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2016

horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

remodel the whole place for ppl to feel comfortable instead of have riff raff hanging at doors and horrible cleanliness

This was a hole, would never have stayed if not so tired from driving and working, had to ask for another room, they both were dirty, not well kept, and maid does not clean floors

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

The rate

The pillows

The rate

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No telephone In rooms and pool not open.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

• King Room - Smoking

Pool could have been open. Sheets on bed need to be upgraded.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

will never stay here again, thank God!

It was horrible and unclean and scary!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Outdated musty stale smoke smell in all rooms. Can not recommend.

All 3 non smoking rooms smelled of stale smoke, property old and in poor repair- chipped furniture, burn holes in linens.

Staff nice

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

will never stay here again, thank God!

unclean and smelled horrible

Old facility, not clean, would never stay there again.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Unexaplinable

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Terrible place

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was dirty had to be switched twice. Fridge was broken spots on the bed. The TV was missing plugs.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Cost

Noisy people upstairs. I came home and my clothes smelled like smoke. Non smoker.

Cost

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

The smoky smell and the cleanliness in the tub

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

No surprises, just what I was looking for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

maybe beds a little better mattresses(softer).

Breakfast was good. Staff was super helpful and accomodating.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Not good at all
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Strong smell of cigarette smoke in hallways. Heavy traffic around the hotel. Bedding on beds were dirty

Price was cheap

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Very dirty and stinky

Bathroom

Very dirty and stinky

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Nice staff!

Had Roaches !! Trash in the hallways!

Nice staff! ! Convenient to highway

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Staff was very friendly and it was perfect for our needs...

Outdated

Staff was very friendly and it was perfect for our needs great location

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

No more eggs.

No more eggs.

This time we had a good looking room. No cigarette smell and definetely no bad smell. Everything was better this time.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Sucked

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

I found a roach on the floor in the bathroom.

I found a roach on the floor in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Staff was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No towels, dirty, tv not working

Staff was great

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

It was ok, we survived
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very old and run down bathroom. TV didn’t work. Bandaid fixes to the bathroom. Very dingy

Check out was at 11am, that was good.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet wouldn't flush. There was no towels or wash clothes available throughout the hotel.

It was convenient

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

Unhealthy carb breakfast not used

Perfect for need