Reviews of Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport 2 stars

#49 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee

6.1

5.6

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The oriental lady said to one of the customers that the people who were suppose to work didn't show up. She was working breakfast. Another lady came to desk while I was waiting on transport to airport and she was very rude to her, then made a snarl face after she turned around. (Though I was there). She made a big issue to me rudely that I had to let them know when I check in that I am going need transport. I know that isn't true, because the sweet other clerk arranged one for me when I went to take car back to airport. She is ruining their business. She is gruff normally, but if you are going to deal with public, you watch your tone and how you address people. I almost went and talked to management about it right then, but I was scared I would miss my shuttle.

Breakfast was good. Clean, friendly service on checking.

Front desk staff was rude and unfriendly. Room didn’t have microwave, frig, iron/ironing board. Comforter had cigarette burns. Bags of trash were piled in hallway near vending machines the duration of our stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was not good,kind of dark in some areas,parking lot had holes in asphalt and I didn't see hole until I had stepped into and fell face down,friend picked me up and staff seem unconcerned,beds uncomfortable and they were rude when I called front desk to ask if there was a shuttle to casino,when we left room Sat morning,we had a tv remote in our room,when we came back that evening,no remote and no one at front desk could help us tv had no sound and couldn't change channel. Other guests children running up and down hallway being loud and noisy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel and room was dirty had to clean room myself . Staff was rude and not helpful at all.. construction materials all in hallways and doors. No elevator

Didn't like anything

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi was not working. My kids found stuff in the drawers that was from previous guest. Not happy about that. No fridge. Room was not very clean. Nothing telling me what the channels were for the tv.

The noise coming from above my room and across the hall. There was also light coming under the door due to a gap being between the floor and door frame. The mattress was very uncomfortable.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was ok.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There are bed bugs, the bath linen was not clean, the bed linen was not clean. The room furniture was filled with food and dirt. Past food crumbs and empty food wrappers was found on the floor. Breakfast consist of Juice, Donuts, Waffles and English Muffins both mornings.

The staff was very friendly!

Everything. The room smelled really bad. The bed was uncomfortable. Next door neighbors were being loud & smelled like they were smoking marijuana. Barely slept. Terrible stay. Never again

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast took almost 45 minutes to get and wasn't that good also had to pay more to get it

It was a really nice place to stay! I like that the hot tub was actually hot

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The problems were :1) very soft, lumpy mattress. When my husband and I were on the bed at the same time the mattress positively caved in at the middle and we are small, slim people. 2) The walls and floors were so thin we heard every footstep made in the room above us and every cough in the hall, etc. 3) The carpets and floors were not as clean as we would have liked.

The breakfast was good; the waffles were very good. Might have been nice to add some fresh fruit or yogurt, but we were satisfied. It is also nice that they offer long term parking for those using the airport (we were not).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I came down with a sickness that feels like strep after sleeping in the rock hard bed, half of the lights in the room didn't work, only 1 outlet in the room worked, there was no hot water.

I didn't have to sleep outside in the cold.

Bed linens seemed unclean and the housekeeper had left long hairs between the sheets. Upon arrival we had to request new linens and remake the bed ourselves for our own piece of mind. Furniture was rather run down and there were ashes in the desk chair, despite the fact we stayed in a non smoking room. You get what you pay for I suppose...

Late night desk clerk was very accommodating and helpful when we had issues upon check in. He made sure to help us right away and had a pleasant demeanor despite the awful late hour at which we arrived.

The staff was mean and combative. I was lied to and refused a refund on their vending machines. The rooms were small and not very clean.

The area was close to shopping and restaurants. The continental breakfast included a waffle maker even though it was always running a half an hour behind the start of breakfast and turned off before the end of breakfast.

Atmosphere. I don't even know if they fully cleaned our room before we stayed. Hair in the shower. "Stains" on the office chair.. eww. We also signed up for a shuttle with the person we had checked in with. We checked out with the same person... she didn't even remember booking our shuttle not even 24 hours later! Next time we will spend an extra $20 and stay next door.

Old, not well kept, cold, unprofessional.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was old, dirty, and blood ok the wall ( so wasn’t cleaned) bathroom was dirty need to be cleaned . Carpet is old and spotted, my blanket smelled a lil rank so , from this experience I’m pretty sure I w t be staying agian.

Close to where I needed to be.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty, blood on the restroom wall and floor. Carpet dingy , room need to be remodeled, bathroom was t cleaned , bedding smelled . This will probably be my last time staying. They charge a smoking fee but the rooms stink to begin with

Close to where o needed to be.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk guy was rude. The breakfast was not good. The shower curtain had mildew. The bedspread had stains. Make sure you do not pay in cash. Overall it was a bad experience.

Location was not bad. Near freeway and airport.

Everything looks a little run down, the people in the room next to me were so loud and the hallways smelt like cigarette smoke. The room wasn't incredibly clean but for an inexpensive airport hotel and a quick nap before my early flight it was fine.

The airport shuttle ran, I believe every half an hour, which was the real selling point. The cost was also decent for a quick night sleep. You get what you pay for.

everything!!!!

the room was a mess dirty laundry under the bed, and tissues stuck to the celling over the sink. there was empty sham pane bottles and cups from Mc Donald's under the other bed! the only reason I new this was because I hade to look for the TV remote that was missing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean bathtub had a crack at the bottom I cut my foot the heater system had a short in it so the heat would noton stay on. I asked to put me in a room where there is heat is working well and he wouldn't they overcharged me took more than what was sold out of my checking account I brought it up to them and they said it's nothing they can do about it

I didn't like nothing about it

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no drinking water anywhere on the property. All of the machines were out all 3 days we stayed there. The nite desk person. Was sooooo rude, sounded mad when I called and asked for a wake up call for Saturday, told my husband at 1at nite to walk to the store to get water cause if they didn't have any in any of their machines he couldn't help him. ( the machines were not filled after notifying them that they had no water) and the beds sucked. They were old big grooves in the middle so both people sleeping on the bed would roll into the middle

They had make ur own waffles for breakfast

The staff when I arrived in the later afternoon were nice but the day time staff were very rude, not only to me but to others as I was waiting for the airport shuttle. The contracted driver that took me back to the airport was the nicest person I saw my entire stay tho. He made up for everything that wasn't that great. The room had an empty spot for a fridge with things hanging from it and the water pressure in the shower was like a drinking fountain.

make your own waffles for breakfast, coffee and a variety of donuts

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms could do with brighter lights and cleaners need to reset alarm clocks

Accomodation was as expected. This was a leisure trip so I liked that it was right next door to a Burlingtons store and a variety of restaurants within short driving distance

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were a bit small and pricy. Breakfast option was limited so we just left without eating.

The location was close to the highway and plenty of parking spaces. Didn't have any trouble finding parking even though parking lot looked small.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk said my card declined. I called the bank and they said I had money. I asked if I could pay cash the night manager said no the computer wouldn't allow him to change it to cash. We didnt understand that if my card declined because my reservation was one amount and I get to the hotel and you say its another then here is cash..it took hours before we got a room. The soda machine sodas was too much. The pillows and sheets had permanent stains. The refrigerator not cold

The food was good.Housekeeping was very friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was hot when i walked in & my parking was far from my room also no elevator & i have a bad knee & got a room on 2nd floor a lot of walking to get to my room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room had no coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, iron, or working hair dryer. The only amenity in the room was a safe for valuables. A safe! The sinks were dirty. There was something sticky on the carpeting. The front desk had no razors or toothbrushes - told us to use the vending machine. Never found it. The front desk had no extra irons for travel wrinkled guests. Said they had all been taken and never returned. They did nothing to help. The continental breakfast was waffles, instant oatmeal and donuts except the staff snatched the best of the bakery (2 plates full) and had it sitting outside the room marked "Employees Only". It was a nightmare. Most horrid motel I have ever stayed in.

It was a place to sleep for cheap.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled like. stinky feet, TV did not work at all.

comfy stay, they allow pets and that was the reason I booked there. Staff was excellent and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A lot could have been better!

No soap at all; a bed bug of some type got in my clothes; clerk failed to tell me of the airport shuttle, website claims hotel is about 1.2 miles away, found out it was alot longer on foot; another company driver informed me of the shuttle. Not well kept, old building. Shuttle service was a plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff that we spoke with didn't understand English very well let alone speak the language. The hotel must have been in the middle of a remodel as the hand railing to go upstairs was on the floor and the room looked as if was freshly painted but there were paint spots on the back of the bathroom door and the floor. The continental breakfast was minimal but it was continental but wasn't really attended to.

Close to the events we were going to.

Well, the rooms the carpet was a little damp and a few gnats and flies in the room that were a little annoying, plus the wait staff at the front desk was gone a couple of times when I went to the front to get something and I had to wait on them a pretty long time to come back.

For the most part, I got alot of needed rest there, it was pretty quiet and the morning breakfast of waffles was nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Where to begin. Staff was not friendly. Not welcoming. No care for any guests. The room had a leak in the ceiling that's sound would have had the potential to drive any sane person mad, if it weren't for ALLL the other random noises coming from every other part of the 4-wall hellhole.. walls were paper thin and our last night there we slept for about 2 hours before our 430am flight because we could hear noise coming from ALL ANGLES of the room INCLUDING a tapping at the front door, that was not coming from any person inside or outside the door. I'm a VERY heavy sleeper and it felt like we were in a small box in the middle Of 7:00 traffic on a freeway. The NUMBER 1 goal for any hotel is a good night's sleep. OR at least ANY amount of sleep. Not here. Not unless you happen to be heavily sedated. We get that you "get what you pay for". But in this case, we actually PAID to have an over the top TERRIBLE experience. Don't remind guests about your "No Smoking" policy, when you have the nerve to check in a family with an infant in a room that smells like jumping into a giant ashtray. It was by far the worst hotel experience I've ever had in my life. My baby could not stay asleep because of this. Very frustrating. When we asked front desk for a later check out to be able to catch up on rest (maybe 1pm or 2?), they extended a single hour. ONE HOUR. Insulting to say the least.

They had free breakfast and shuttle service to the airport. Did it make up for all their flaws? Absolutely not.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

no coffee for the COFFEEMAKER...NO EGGS in the morning...the coffee in the lobby was NEVER HOT...NO FAUCET FOR THE TUB ( how are you supposed to fill the tub ? with the SHOWER NOZZLE alone ? that would take quite a while, would it not ? )

the price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room needed to be cleaner the room we were going to stay in .My wife and I were not happy at all with the room .waiting for my money to come back on my card that credit.

Not enough parking due to the place being full.

Very friendly staff and fast! Everything was clean and exactly what the pictures showed. Would stay there again, for the money awesome place!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

wasn't there long enough to need anything else

breakfast started after we had to leave for the airport (5:00 am) and it did say continental breakfast and coffee before the actual breakfast started. But there was coffee only. The breakfast was one of the deciding factors in choosing this EconoLodge. I understand that you cannot have breakfast ready all hours of the day. just a little disappointed I guess and there was McDonalds down the street (THEY WERE OPEN) so I didn't go hungry. Otherwise great location to the airport

There was a very light blanket on the bed, more like a sheet and that's it. I'm sure we could have asked for extra blankets but it's good to put a heavy blanket on the bed just in case people want to keep the A/C on but still be comfortable and not cold enough to have to turn it off.

Everything was wonderful. We found this place for super cheap when we were traveling to Milwaukee for a concert at The Rave/Eagles Ballroom from Chicago. It was conveniently located near the I-94 highway, it had great food locations nearby in case you get hungry, as well as gas stations very close so the location is great. The hotel itself is amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable. They had free wifi, ice machine and vending machines both for food/drink as well as electronic appliances. All the rooms have television with cable and movie channels included. It was a wonderful value for the incredibly cheap price, and also near the airport. There aren't any extra amenities like fridges/freezers but that usually comes with expensively priced hotels, so what you get for the price is extremely generous.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Lodge itself felt fairly run down; the walls were all marked up and we had a hole in the ceiling of our bathroom; the air conditioning unit worked sporadically (a staff member was always willing to get it going for us again though?), and the walls were so thin you could hear people's TVs going through the night.

The donuts at breakfast were great, and the 24/7 coffee a definite plus. We were very impressed with the helpfulness of the staff, and appreciated the location being so close to the highway so we could get around! Overall it was very clean and comfortable and I really didn't feel like we were lacking anything.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness General attitude they put us on a weekly rate and then we found out that the rooms and bed making etc would only be done twice weekly i.e. Monday and Thursday! So we moved out!

The hotel was dirty carpets not vacuumed dust up the walls. No fridge or microwave even tho there was a space for them and when I asked where they were I was told you had to order them in advance! So we checked out early and booked into Holiday Inn Express.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The key card slots often had problems and you would need to swipe over and over again to get a door to open.

I mainly liked the fact that it came with free breakfast and Wi-Fi along with the low price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking at your own risk. Old furniture in hallways. Disgusting. Who can stay in a place like that. A fist punch hole in bathroom door. Crazy

I felt like my life was in danger. Scary place. This place is a tear down

Mattress was ok but could have been better.

Good location for my activities. Looks like there has been some updating. The carpet, windows and tile in the bathroom looked fairly new. Reception staff was very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service was awful. No it is great to have you here or thank you for coming. Forgot toothbrush was rudely ushered to a gas station. I went to neighboring hotel to get one. Remodeling took place and was messy. Dry paint throughout bathroom floor. Chipped bathtub with metal.

The price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean, you need new matresses , the window didnot have a lock and screen had a hole. I had to pay to park the car there a week, I stayed at other hotels and they did not charge to park a car.

just the shuttle to airport and back

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A fridge and coffee making facilities in the room would have been very useful for us.

The Motel was just what we wanted as we are on a road trip and just needed a place to sleep. We weren't looking for frills. But it was clean and the staff very helpful as we are English and not local, they we very informative about the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Placement of Web site on listing agency was less than optimum.

Regitration was quick and easy. CSR was friendly and positive. The price was very competitive. Room was clean and neat.

Air conditioning was not working. Multiple burn holes in the bed comforter. Room was not at all cleaned throughly. Room smelled of cigarette smoke.

The room was gross. Pat at the front desk said the cleaning ladies don't understand English. The air wasn't working, husband pulled out the filters they are caked in dust, the headboard was all greasy, the floor wasn't vaccumed and the pillows looked like they had blood on them. Complained that very day and was told it's hard to get the cleaning ladies to listen. Was told to call the following day and ask to speak with Sam Patel (manager at the location) Called the next day to speak to the manager and women at the desk had every excuse as to why he couldn't talk to me. Called choice hotels and I have a 72 hours window waiting period for the manager to call me. So we shall see the outcome. Choice hotels contacted the women Pat at the front desk and she denied knowing anything about my complaint the previous day. I am appalled a grown women lied about speaking to me about the filth of the room.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was okay, they lady at the desk was rude, told me if I was going to be loud that I could not stay there. The food area could use a cleaning. The electrical needs to be redone. A lady used the microwave and blew the lights. The bed had full sheets instead of a fitted sheet. And so much more. I should have stayed at a hotel across the street.

The bed was comfortable.

The fact that the load about check on and there were bed bugs

Nothing very disappointed and will never use this site again you didn't research your customers

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not like the fact that they don't tell you about the 50.00 security deposit for smoking policy. Also front desk staff was a little rude regarding handing you your change versus throwing your change back at you

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The hotel is under renovations, walls are thin so I could hear my neighbors tv, top blanket was dirty, room had a foul smell so I bought a candle and tv wasn't hooked up.

The staff was super friendly, breakfast was decent and easy map.

Poor attitude of employees. Seem overworked but it does not seem to be a busy hotel. It is ok for a quick stay but nothing prolonged would be a smart move

The breakfast is just ok with not a lot of care taken to keep it stocked. It does have a do it yourself waffle maker that is good.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Outdated room with gaps around upper and lower door frame.

It was inexpensive and the airport shuttle was only $10 for the three of us.Long term parking is an unlit back lot. My van was ok when we came back though.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They always double charge my credit card. Then tell me it will be 2 to 5 days before i see a refund. Im still fighting to get my money back!!!!

Breakfast sucks!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

They double charged me. Once when I made the reservation and once when I checked out. They cheated me! I paid twice for my stay. The motel was dirty. There was drywall dust everywhere. Theadbare, the plastic backing of the curtains had flaked off!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The whole motel thing

I was pissed because the made that was cleaning the room and was using the same blanket that other people slept on before me also I felt like I was being discriminated against cuz the front desk kept giving me old room s but given certain people remodeled room plus I'm a on going good customer that's not fair

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were told on the phone that staying in the hotel meant we could park there for a week. Then after checking in, we were told there was an additional charge for parking. From now on we will stay at the Clarion in Milwaukee.

Airport shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows were very hard and too big, heat was either on or off, nothing in between. Woke up twice in the nite to turn it off & then on again when it was either super hot or very cold in the room. No hot water at 7:30AM. Lady at desk during check out didn't seem to care at all.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff had very bad customer service.The first room we was in smelled very bad and the refrigerator was not working and leaking water they had a towel inside of it.The second room wasn't clean.I will never come back again.

The price was reasonable

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

no water for the oatmeal, no protein for breakfast. Someones used razor in the shower. The room was ice cold with a little tiny thin blanket. I could go on but I think you have the point

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were told the hotel shuttle would pick is up from airport. Not true. We called & they did not have a shuttle "that day" we had nothing but problems just to go a mile to get to our vehicle at hotel. Will not stay at this hotel again. You get what you pay for evidently.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The heater kept shutting off and to make it go again you would have to open & close the door..had someone come look at it and he said it would stay on but it didn't woke up to a very cold room!

The cleanliness of the room

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Ground floor window unlockable and off track. Dead bolt would not slide into door jamb slot. Heater thermostat not responsive to room temp. Heater only worked if cord was positioned just right. (Fire Hazard?) Entire room a film of fine dust, presumably from ongoing construction. Juice machine out of order. Milk pitcher empty. Coffee carafe empty. The room was un-rentable. It was late when we checked in and we were exhausted from travel so we gambled and went to bed with a chair jammed against the room door handle and shoes jammed in window sill to discourage intruder from sliding window open from outside. Other than being too hot or too cold from faulty thermostat the night proved otherwise uneventful. We were glad to get a shower and head for airport in the morning.

They credited our card after we refused to pay.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The manager Peter Williams for his poor customer service and his shortness in talking with customers to solve conflicts that accured on the hotel site.

The hot shower.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to request for housekeeping to come back to see to my room. They need to clean more thoroughly. The hotel could do with a makeover, it's dated. It would be nice if they could extend the breakfast range, they have basic items like pastries, toast, coffee and waffles.

Econo is a convenient location to Milwaukee airport (about 15 mins) and the rate also includes a free shuttle ride to and from the airport. The hotel is basic. If you're looking for something more plush, then be prepared to pay for it. This place is just simply somewhere for you to rest your head, grab a shower, get online and watch TV. Kind of simplistic.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The woman at the front desk was very rude. Both times I was at the from desk she was watching some sort of cartoons and had her phone up loud so she could barely hear me but never turned it down, the beds were uncomfortable, the sheets and towels all had stains on them, half of the outlets in our room didn't work and only 2 of the lights work. Will definitely not be coming back.

The only part I actually liked was leaving.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is currently under construction. In the breakfast room there are unpainted walls and also in the room one can see the the undergoing construction activities.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The front desk clerk was rude and seemed as if I was bothering her. There was mold in the shower and spider webs around the lamps I realize that they are closing after my stay for remodeling but it just seemed unacceptable

I liked the location to the event and my visitors from out of town

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

The room wasn't cleaned fully, hair on the floor , garbage from previous guests still left in room, no towels for showers. room smelled moldy ... the gentleman working 3rd shift acted as if it was a big task to complete any task .

beds were comfy.... daughter loved the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

EVERYTHING!!! Especially the BUGS&filth!!!

Bed bugs on matress.Blood stains,bedding was covered in pubic and all diff colored hairs.Very old blankets,matress,pillows looked like from dump.Smelled like cat spray even thou no pets allowed.Dirty filty window full of fead bugs,,Surprised i got that far before we ran out all itchy demanding money back..Horrible!!!They have nicer rooms i heard but only given to older guests.$$ has nothing to do w it.U get put down by all the druggies who live there, prostitute, and big families in single room.Thats were the young person gets put.Health dept should really be called.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Little run down and the complimentary breakfast wasn't anything to right home about.

Guess they're closing for repairs August '16, so after that it should be nicer.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Old dim TV in room not flat screen. Cable TV service need to be updated.

Location Easy to find from highway and points throughout city. Front desk staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

My dayghters and sun in laws room was missing the advertised refrigerator.My daughter pillows were almost flat. And said their beds were hard. My room was misding the voffee pot,coffee and the continental breakfast there was the worst I've ever seen. We just went to a McDonald's not far away. Ee were only sleeping there that night do to a few stops in Milwaukee. Just to sleep. But it still was a very disappointing pair of rooms for the money. Will not use it again!

Locaton and friendliness of the staff was great. Check in and out was quick and painless.

Breakfast was very dull

Property is close to everything

Browse Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport traveller photo gallery