Reviews of Driftwood 2 stars

3477 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA

#29 of 32 hotels in Santa Clara

Santa Clara is expensive. This is a decent, clean option, though it is near adult, liquor stores.
    • Double Queen Room

WiFi does not work and staff told me it does not work upstairs. They were nice and tried to help me (offered a PC cable to hard connect, but I have a Mac). But no Wifi was a problem - I had work to do in my room the next morning. Had to walk about 10 minutes to the closest Starbucks. They should fix this or be up front about the WiFi not being reliable.

Home Away From Home

I don’t have time to stay longer😊

I loved the home feeling in my room and the people cleaning the room and office felt like home✨ I needed help with fixing my dress from the wedding and manager was like a mom or aunty with help😊🙏

It was a pleasant stay.

The coffee in room.

Overall, it was much better than I expected. Previously I stayed in a similar motel near Driftwood and the experience was not so good (to put it nicely) and the price was higher. The room at Driftwood was clean and comfortable even though it is an older property. also quieter than I expected.

Pleasant service, comfortable and accommodating.....we will definitely be back one day.
    • Double Queen Room

We were originally going to check in between 3 or 4 pm but were delayed until 9:30 when we actually arrived to check in. The young gentleman who checked us in was pleasant and accommodated us smoothly and we were in our room 201 within minutes.

Last minute reservation done due to need to be near hospital. Won’t make that mistake again.
    • Double Queen Room

It’s a dump. Stained carpet, dingy towels, noisy. Would not stay here again. Not sure how the health department allows it to operate. Rating should be 1.0 since staff was nice.

Location is near Kaiser hospital.

Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

The shower/bath needs an upgrade. The shower rod was installed incorrectly and one end was propped up with a shampoo bottle.

Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Value for the money !!

They don't provide drinking water. But Walgreens is just across the road.

Value for the money ! I went for a conference and almost everything around it was at least triple the amount/night that I had to pay here.

Reasonable price for weekday pricing of the Silicon Valley

Mold around top edge of shower, general cleanliness just ok, room smells of prior time when smoking must have been allowed in the rooms. Ok for a short 1 night stay. Unless back is against the wall, will not stay here again.

Reasonable price for weekday pricing of the Silicon Valley

Good basic place for an overnight stay at a good price.

Cleanliness was okay, but the restrooms need some touch up as far as paint, etc. and maybe some bigger towels. I was glad the water was hot!

Bed was clean and comfy! Just needed larger pillows to be perfect. Room was a good size, and the hotel was quiet.

clean room and great staff.. good restaurants nearby

The traffic noise!

the rooms seemed to have been renovated.. very clean.. there was a coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge in the room. down side was that the room was next to the street . The staff was very accommodating and offered to change our room which we declined. There was a lot of traffic noise so we had to sleep with earplugs. Next time we will request a room toward the back of the property . It was close to some good restaurants too.

The smiles at the front desk and hot chocolate in the...

The smiles at the front desk and hot chocolate in the morning made this among the clean room and bathroom.HUGE COMFORTABLE BED! Excellent night sleep, thank you

Okay, somewhat clean and safe and things work, just not impressive.

On side of tub was glue where a floor runner used to be. Some of the other guests looked like there for long term an outside rooms smoking and hanging around. I left clothes to dry in the room and they ended up smelling like cumin.

AC worked. Mostly clean but a little run down. Given the competition, too expensive.

We would never stay at this hotel again!
    • Double Queen Room

The location is terrible. The room was dirty, old, and outdated. Horrible housekeeping; didn't change linens and gave us back dirty towels. Way overpriced.

Nothing. We didn't like anything about this place.

Can't wait to leave

The room was dirty, black mold in the bathroom. The bathtub was not clean, the shower curtain was tattered. The aluminum rack over the toilet was rusty, refrigerator leaked, towels were like dish rags. Door jam looked like someone changed oil then rubbed in on the jam. The floor in the bathroom was sticky. Not sure room was cleaned.

Bed was acceptable and the tv worked great

I will never stay there again!

The bed was terrible and the decor did not match at all and just looked trashy. They were remodeling one of the rooms and turned the water off a twice for a few hours once the evening we checked in and then again in the morning before check out. I did not get to shower at all because they never gave us more then 5 minute notice. When I checked out I was going to say something but the lady at the front desk was on a personal phone call and after waiting for five minutes I got fed up and just left.

Nightmare accommodations. Do not stay here!
    • Double Queen Room

Location was awful. Parking lot was full of drifters coming and going. I saw 2 prostitutes get into a Pimp's car. Very, very noisy couldn't sleep at all. I felt so unsafe the entire time!! Room was filthy, there was graffiti on the air conditioning unit which was broken, and dry rot in the bathroom. Bathtub and bathroom fixtures were from the 1970's never replaced, completely outdated. Cigarette burns in the bathtub and on the toilet seat!!

Horrible!! One of the beds wasn't changed the sheets were filthy!! Both mattresses were 14 years old, said so on the mattress tag. (3/2004) One of the mattresses was ripped and torn!! I had to sleep on the other bed with the clean sheets and mattress was so saggy it was like sleeping on metal coils!!

Our stay was clean and pleasant.

There was no breakfast, that we could see. The room did smell of stale smoke, like someone had cheated and smoked in the room. We struggled to get in our room at times, but someone came out and quickly got us in.

The room was clean and recently renovated. It is obvious that the owner is making an effort to improve the property. The floors were redone, the furniture and appliances were newer. The paint was new and the parking lot was clean. They had a new sign and the staff was professional. We ate at a Chinese Restaurant right behind the hotel and it was really good. We also were able to get some stuff from Walgreens right across the street and to top it all off we got ice cream from Honey Berry.

It is a dump at a premium price. Due to popular event in the area, all decent hotels were full

Couldn't get door to open. Had to get manager to come open the door. No Breakfast. Bed was hard and uncomfortable. Room coffee was horrable. Skin itched in bed. Don't know if it was bed bugs or the detergent sheets washed in. Shower water presure was too strong. Drapes in bad condition. Bugs crawling across floor. Checked out at 6:00 AM. No one in office. Had to ring night bell twice to get my room receipt.

Good location for business travel

They had great coffee there but the coffee machine broke after the first day and it didn't get fixed for the next 3 while I was there. It would be great if they could get a spare one for such situations.

Host attitude was very friendly. I liked the fact this place is close to a nice restaurant (chinese) Proximity to a bank made I think this location feel very safe Good grocery/restaurant options very close by on the other side of the road

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Terrible hotel
    • Double Queen Room

The maid service was extremely poor and the room was poorly maintained. The refrigerator did not work and the bathroom door was broken.

The day I checked out.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Super comfy bed!
    • Double Queen Room

Towels are pretty rough, tub is kind of old, had some scratches and small cracks, no iron or blow dryer, continental breakfast was super minimal - coffee, bananas, tangerines and grabola bars, extra blanket would have been nice.

Quiet property, comfy bed, good ac/heat, good water pressure in the shower, cable tv, clean, good lighting, alarm clock was easy to set, safe area, nice staff, close to grocery store, had a fridge and microwave, close to drug store, gas station and close to restaurants

Friendly, Family Owned Place but Tired Rooms
    • Double Queen Room

Rooms are tired, towels were tired, beds were tired. Some new sheets, towels and bed spreads and things aren't terrible here. Got what I paid for, so not suprised.

Very nice family runs the place. They are very helpful and keep the grounds tidy.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Good professional rooms

The breakfast only consisted of a few fruits, coffee and some bars.

The room was new furnished and there were a lot of power outlets in the room. Additionally, the next bus stop was close and they had a big parking lot.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

OK for a short stay

Exhaust fan in bathroom not working, heater / air conditioner smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Because the economy in this area is so distorted, this room costs way more than it is worth. It was a place to get some sleep.

There has obviously been an effort made to bring the facilities up to date. New carpeting installed, rooms painted, new tile in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

This is my new place to go back to in Santa Clara
    • Double Queen Room

Breakfast was minimal, but juice and pastries were good. In-room coffee was fairly good, coffee maker in good condition, but NO TEA. (My friend usually drinks tea.)

Delightfully clean, tastefully maintained and freshly painted older place. Linens well above 2-star level. AND the shower was very good. Staff were friendly, attentive, accommodating. Everything worked. Although right on a major commuter highway, rooms were quiet and, due to signal spacing, egress was delightfully easy.

• Double Queen Room

Bedbugs - don't stay here. We got there late thus we didn't have other option than staying in this hotel. They placed us first in a room that had an strong smoking odor, they changed us to a second room where the room key didn't work then they changed us to a third room. We stayed there for two days and we were bitten but bedbugs and I caught one in my bed. After I showed it to the manager she come to the room looking for more (I guess), they moved the bed sheets and mattresses and kept questioning me like I was lying, despite the fact that I showed to them the bedbug I placed in a glass and despite the fact that we showed our arms, legs and hands bitten. After the interrogation and they found blood in the bed sheets they reimbursed me for one night which I don't think was enough due to the money I had spend in pills, creams, lotions and the itching we have for five days and still counting... Also, we are not able to sleep well yet due to the itching. The rate was not for a "cheap" hotel either.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Okay motel.

Breakfast nearly non-existent, a piece of packaged sweets and a coffee machine. The bathroom seemed to be left out from renovation, but it did work.

For a motel, wasn't bad, the rooms were renovated, bed was fine. There is a small kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Good value, decent facilities, poor breakfast.

The bathroom had not been remodeled and was a little worn. Breakfast was two choices of dry cereal, some rolls and fruit, and juice. We went to Denny's down the street.

The main room had been remodeled and was nice looking. The bed was comfortable. The motel was located nearby to where needed to be.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

This place should not be called a hotel.

This place should not be called a hotel. It is a motel and it comes with all the things you expect of a motel. Random arguments at 2am that you can hear clear as days and dirty sheets. I also paid hotel prices for each night. 60 dollars a night and I would have no complaints, but 120 something and I'm un happy.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Unpleasant
    • Double Queen Room

The room was in poor condition and had a horrible smell as if someone had previously smoked in there and they were trying to cover up the smell. The bathroom was dirty and the towels had stains all over them.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Room was clean, and bed was comfy.

Room smelled like Clorox upon entry, and the breakfast was missing basic things. Napkins, cream cheese for the bagel, and no milk for the cereal.

Room was clean, and bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Simple
    • Double Queen Room

Clean and simple. Nothung too fancy, but wasn't looking for fancy either. Good place for the price. Surrounding area was nice and lots of shops around.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

They were very nice, they have tried to update the rooms...

The only reason I went down on cleanliness was for a non smoking room it still smelled pretty strongly like a smoking room.

They were very nice, they have tried to update the rooms which showed.

A bit pricey but fine

No breakfast included.

Quiet for a motel along a somewhat road. Friendly staff.

The big bed

The room smelled like cigarettes and we asked for a non smoking room

The big bed

Sheets were not clean

Comfortable and reasonable

Very friendly staff

Ill be back

Location and restful stay is why I return

Staff is very kind

The front office staff is VERY rude.

The front office staff is VERY rude.

It was a little on the pricey side for the room to smell of smoke when I wanted non-smoking

I asked for a non smoking room but inside it smelt of smoke.

Furniture was modern, friendly staff

. good value with up to date decor in rooms as well as fridge and microwave! Staff very kind!

Cant think of anything

Clean safe centerally located

Perfect location, clean!

Great location, friendly staff, clean and comfortable! Will definitely stay here again!

Thanks to the team who made this game fun.
    • Double Queen Room

Thanks to the team who made this game fun.

For $150, I expected more cleanliness. Just didn’t feel comfortable sleeping there.
    • Double Queen Room

Saw a roach in the room. Toilet flushed very very slow. Clogged maybe?

Easy access to parking and to our room.

Excellent as always

No complaints excellent

Clean

Fantastico

Awesome Staff, Friendly, clean

Perfect Home Away Home

Quiet, Friendly Staff, Manager is Awesome

Do not stay here unless you like getting bitten by bugs.

See above.

Nothing. This property was a flea bag hotel with bed bug infested rooms with blood on the sheets.

Room was noisy with undesirables congregating outside

Room was noisy with undesirables congregating outside

i would repeat

parking a bit tight

staff was helpful. clean . in-room cofee a plus.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Value priced for Silicon Valley - quiet and comfortable near the big campuses

Just off the Lawrence expressway, with plenty of dinner options in short walking distance.

Decent but welcoming.

I didn't like the extremely limited continental breakfast. The coffee machine on the office was not working.

I liked the renovations.

It is near food courts

It is near food courts

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Good stay

Everything was good

Clean roomy great location Good value for the area

Near hospital for next day surgery.
    • Double Queen Room

Near hospital for next day surgery. Convenient location for me.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Near the Hospital.

Noises on the street. Starafo

Near the Hospital. Nice staff good enough for a quick stay

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

I like this place

Wireless Internet access was slow and sometimes dropped my devices.

Tv and entertainment connections.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Within walking distance of a few stores and some restaurants

Maintenance of rooms and cleanliness

Within walking distance of a few stores and some restaurants

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Cheap and convenient.

Cheap and convenient.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

not much
    • Double Queen Room

wifi was horrible, beds uncomfortable and lumpy, breakfast was a joke!

not much

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The shower had no pressure and the hot water took a long...

The shower had no pressure and the hot water took a long time to heat up. Also the shower head was leaking badly.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Conviently located

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Good place for stay!

Wifi is not so stable.

convenience and clean and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Need to be available earlier

Need to be available earlier

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

More channels on the tv

More channels on the tv

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Locality is close to Walgreens and Korean supermarket.
    • Double Queen Room

Practically breakfast is non-existence.

Locality is close to Walgreens and Korean supermarket.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

I liked the fact that I had a bed to sleep on.

Room reaked of smoke. Carpet was dirty. Blanket was not clean. Can only recommend this motel if you cannot find another room in Santa Clara.

I liked the fact that I had a bed to sleep on.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

The bed and bedding was very comfy

The bed and bedding was very comfy

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Nice, clean and well located

Doesn't have safety box. Breakfast is just donuts and orange juice.

Nice, clean and well located

There are also 57 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.