Reviews of Econo Lodge Portland - I-205 2 stars

4512 SE 82nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97266, USA

#108 of 124 hotels in Portland

5.9

Parking was very difficult, there wasn't enough put out for breakfast (things ran out and weren't replaced), and the water pressure was inconsistent in the shower.

The room was clean.

The neighborhood was kind of sketchy. I was glad there were two additional locks on the door

The location was within walking distance for our event, which was nice.

No pets signs all over. However we were greeted by howling and barking from the room next door. Cable would not stay on consistently.

Convenient to shopping etc. Easy to locate off the 205. Not fancy but adequate.

Staff member who checked us in was very rude and unhelpful. The location was very much on the outskirts.

Served its purpose for a cheaper stay closer to the airport (though it is not very close)

Staff seemed annoyed to have to deal with customers. Front desk was snippy and not accommodating. There was only our car in the parking lot...we asked for late checkout and staff was rude and offered a half hour extra. Most hotels will give you at least an hour or 2 extra. Will not stay here again

Bed was comfy room clean

Front desk was very welcoming and friendly and bed was confortable. Location is ok, a bit far from downtown Portland but there is a bus stop right in front of it.

The view out the window was just trees which were about 4 feet away, but I wasn't there for the view I was there for the convenience.

the room was clean and neat with no wasted space, the carpet was clean, the staff were great,,, I'd recommend this facility to anyone wishing to stay in Portland, It's not far from anything. I enjoyed staying here over the Red Lion in Kennewick Washington which didn't even have coffee in the rooms and was more expensive.

The is pretty bad. Drugs and prostitutes. Both nights I was there prostitutes were coming from rooms at the hotel.

The room was clean but showed signs of wear .

Customer Service. Toilet didn't flush properly and there were ants in the room. Took two days to change room. Accused me of having extra guest in my room and receptionist was rude at checkout.

The lady at the front desk who check us in was very rude and didn't even tell my wife that she was putting $100 hold on our debt card. I would prefer my refund or I would have stayed at an hotel that would treat us like humans

Honestly this was the worst stay in my life

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Sheets and bed were stained. Difficulty getting into parking lot. Glue on pillows. Smelled stale and like rotten food. Employees were rude and gave inaccurate check in time information.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

I could hear people in the other rooms, the stairs were difficult to go up and down, the best was fine but not very comfy

The staff were very nice and accommodating

No bathroom access during check-in. Clerk was very rude. So, go before checking in. Also, Courtesy Breakfast ended 6 minutes early. Clock in office set ahead to 10 a.m. when actual time was 9:54 a.m. Clerk stated it was 10 a.m. to cheat me out of a breakfast. Had room key cards locked out incident. No cards were demagnetized. Called to give clerk Choice Privileges Number to add to stay. No stay record submitted by clerk. I rate this place below an "F". It was horrible.

Close to shopping. No homeless/drug addicts knocking on doors.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The heater set off the fire alarm at 130 in the morning. Called the front desk and was rudely spoken to. Lady on the phone said what do you want me to do, there is nothing I can do. I asked her about a portable heater,and was told they didn't have any, and the place was booked. So couldn't even get a warm room. She didn't even offer more blankets. We had a room with 2 beds so we striped the other bed to stay warmer.overall bad experience. We stayed in a 3rd floor room, and all of the stairs are outside, they didn't even bother to sweep or shovel the snow off. Very treacherous to navigate.

The 15.00 credit for having no heat in room.

The room was smallish. A partial wall at the entry might help cut down on the traffic noise. I asked for a quiet room away from the street/noise, but was not given one. I did get a ground floor room, as requested. The soda machine was broken. And no pulp orange juice tastes like orange water! High pulp rocks!

The shower was great-only lacking a massage setting. The whole bathroom was large, clean, and nearly perfect-except for no toilet top (what's with that-have they never read about hygiene?). The beds were good, and just firm enough. The TV and cable choices were pretty good too.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The lady at the front desk asked for my card to pay when I was checking in. I had booked the room for two nights, but she only charged me for one. When she realized this, she asked if I wanted to go ahead and pay for both nights then, to which I replied, "sure." She then proceeded to cancel the previous payment after it had already gone through and charge my card for two nights. The card I was using was of the debit variety and I do not have a credit card. So the amount for one night was withdrawn from my balance, then the transaction was cancelled and followed shortly by another withdrawal for the amount of two nights. My bank then took two weeks to reimburse my account for the single night. I embarked upon my trip knowing I would be cutting it close in regard to funds, and this encounter only served to worsen my predicament.

Overall a decent place if you don't mind the sketchy area. The bed was large and comfy!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

You get what you pay for.

The location was within walking distance from Walmart, where we needed to go to provision our RV. Also not far from the RV rental place.

Staff is not friendly, first days trash in the room was not cleared for the second day (i stayed for 2 nights), which makes it untidy

Location and comfort of staying is good. Walmart, Fred Meyer gas stn, Walgreens, Dominos & other eateries are all at a walking distance (within 2 mins walk)

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

They don't really serve breakfast. Just packaged foods and cheap coffee. Also the TV doesnt go under 10 which was weird.

Location was the best thing. 30min bus ride to downtown. Right across the street from Walgreen's and other food stores. Next to good bus lines. Great place.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The room was musty and dark. Person who checked us in told us to call if we needed anything but when we called she said we had to go to the front desk to get the extra towels anyways, plus it was the same person in the morning over twelve hours later checking us out! And my car bottomed out pulling into the parking lot.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Didn't use breakfast offerings as they didn't fit our needs having a diabetic with us.

Beds were very comfortable It was quieter that expected, being on such a busy street.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

it would be great due to the rain to have both stairwells enclosed.

The breakfast was very slim, need a room for the breakfast with more to offer for the price of the motel.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

The room was a smoking room due to one of the people we were traveling with. So yes it had flaws like many burn holes in the blankets and shower curtain, along with it smelling unpleasant. The room was pretty small, the bathroom was very tiny and uncomfortable,and there seemed to be lots of prostitutes and drugies staying there, also the area was terrible. Their "continental breakfast" was a joke, it was a mini fridge with some bagels orange juice, cereal and coffee. The town was literally like being inside an ash tray, the air smelt and looked like thick ciagarettes. I couldnt even take a breath without coughing and feeling sick. It was terrible.

The staff was nice, and helpful. Our tv had no sound and one of the gentlemen at the front desk came up at almost 12 at night to fix it.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

There was a fairly strong musty odor in the room. We ran the air conditioner the entire time which seemed to help.

The price fit the overall accommodations and it was it a good location for our needs.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Not very clean. No elevator. Place smelled like skunky weed. Also too expensive for the amenities.

Bed was comfortable, cool city neighborhood, lots of great Korean food nearby.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Management's family was having an ongoing party (wedding celebration) which took up most of the parking lot and right in front of my room, for the first two nights. I had jet lag and needed sleep. They were noisy, with loud music, crowd noise and children running all over the stairs, giggling and squealing at the top of their lungs. This lasted past 11PM (2AM for me). I had to find another place to stay for my first night. Unacceptable. The "continental breakfast" was appalling. A tiny shrink wrapped Danish of poor quality (only if you got there first) and a limited amount of coffee that you could take with you in an 8 oz. cup. Don't even advertise a breakfast if this is what you're going to offer.

Not much.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

Traffic very basic hotel for the price

staff is very helpful friendly and its a clean place to stay. Close to walmart and starbucks so that's awesome.

How expensive it was, you cant have any visitors after 8pm and they tried everything to keep our deposit.

It was quiet

Lady checking me in gave my ID to the previous guest in error. His GF trick whatever was clearly on drugs. That set the tone. I won't be back.

Friendly. Staff

Breakfast was just packaged pastries. Don't expect a real breakfast.

Clean room, comfortable bed, nice tv, fridge and microwave.

No elevator Noisy heating/cooling system Bed softer than we prefer

Staff es very responsive to our needsno elwvator

Breakfast wasn't good

Dirty area

Cheap

everything was good.

Bad neighbourhood. Got charged twice

Not much ants in sink

I would stay again happily

Listening to someone repeatedly throw up outside my room and then having strangers knock on my door at 3 in the morning.

It was near I 205

Clean, good service and cable, refrigerator, microwave and air consisting. I came back.

The amenities provided were appreciated

Apparently the location is known as "felany flats"

Nice clean room but bedspread looked very used/old

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Internet didn't work, hair drier didn't work, TV was too loud and could not be turned down (broken)

Parking was close

Staff needs to be friendlier and there are surprise fees

It was cheap

I didn't go to that hotel

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The walls were peeling in the shower, lots of siren action.

I liked the fact that they had a blow dryer in the room.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

It was all good

Get say everything was awesome

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

No complaints.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Room smelled, air conditioner was so loud but needed to be on as the room got so hot.

The man was nice but woman was rude

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Lack of privacy: windows opening only to walkway. Found debris (rocks) under bed.

Price. Nearby shops.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

building and fixtures were very cheap

they tried to modernize the room with modern comforters

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Opposite side to the memmorial park, there some people look like the homeless walk around in front of our room and tried to knock the door.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

In desperate need of maintenence and renovation.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

This hotel/motel is not in the fanciest part of town but it was peaceful enough for us and the hotel met all of our needs for a restful sleep and showers. The owner was accomodating and upgraded our rooms for no extra charge when we needed an extra bed.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

1. On the Website I asked for rollaway bed, but the hotel said they did not receive this information from Booking.com, and they can't help me, because the rollaway bed is waiting other client. It was very sad. 2. Noisy and uncomfortable air conditioner

Friendly staff and good location

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

It's a Dive Motel Can't believe it's listed as a place to book Also when I booked it - they had no rooms although online it showed availability

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Nothing was unsatisfactory.

Was pleasantly surprised with this place, room was clean and staff was very nice. The people that manage the property do a great job of keeping the city riff raff at bay. Felt safe and comfortable. It's not a 5 star Hilton but it's also not a run down crack den. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

Concerned that I paid for an extra day when I had to check out early! Was told I would be credited back but I am not confident about it.. My check out date on my receipt is 6-29, room 358. Don't know if clerk changed the date on his copy?

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

No "Do Not Disturb "sign. Slight smell of cigarettes. No privacy/opaque window covering.

Staff was very friendly-easy check-in and check-out. No problems with the room. Plenty of hot water and very good pressure at both the shower head and the sink. Beds were nice, clean and comfortable with plenty of nice pillows. Towels were of good quality, especially for an Econolodge.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

We've stayed at a couple of different Econolodge's over the years and always had a good experience. This particular one, not so much. This one was a three floor, one row hotel crammed between 2 other businesses on a busy street. When we got to our room, we noticed the door had been busted into at one time and the inside was missing half of the door latch to secure the door. The air conditioner didn't work and the shower left you standing in ankle deep water. We also noticed several cars rolling into the parking lot, where the occupant would get out and go up to the same room and then leave within 5 or 10 minutes. The next morning when we left for an early morning appointment, we made sure we took everything with us and didn't leave anything in our room. When I was able to return later in the afternoon, I immediately cancelled our second night due to my family not feeling safe in this hotel. I was still made to pay for the 4 hours after check out time that had elapsed before I could make it back.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

The rooms were smelly, the pictures on the site were not of the rooms, not in a great neighborhood, rooms were very small and full of unnecessary furniture. I appreciate that they had a play pen for my child but it was very old a raggedy and stunk.

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

The walls are quite thin. There was a man standing outside speaking to himself in a foreign language. Eventually a concerned friend came out of his room and said, "Dude, you can't talk to yourself like that." "Oh sorry, sorry." he replied. And he returned inside.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

Pretty much everything it had to been bought by Econo Lodge at a later time. It was non smoking reeked of old cigs. Nothing got replaced it seems. It even still had the old AC wall units. I could've found a motel for a cheaper price and got the same thing somewhere else. All I did is pay for the name that night.

I liked how the lady finally found the receipt of when I got charged. So I could sleep for the night. That was a 15mins talk maybe even more.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2015

Room was very cold when I got there. I suppose the staff could have turned on the heat so the room was at least a little warmed up....a minor inconvenience.

Very basic small room, clean and updated. Got in late and out fairly early so I just needed a place to sleep and this fit the bill. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Noisy a/c, stuffy smell in the room, no breakfast room, few choices for breakfast

Good bed and pillows; large accessible bathroom; large TV

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

The way you are treated

The size of room

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

No elevators or help with luggage to the upper floors

Near mall and restaurants

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

Very accommodating for early check in. Clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

We felt like we were in the ghetto. Smelled bad on the outside. Homeless hang out area.

Nothing about the lodge.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Not the best neighborhood.

Clean. Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Clean, updated, room and well maintained property at a reasonable price. Everything was basic but functional.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

They have no laundry facility .... That really sucked

The bed was so comfy

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

This place has cockroaches

Didnt like

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

TV's are old and doesn't show picture or sound well.

Location was great for other activities ..dining, shopping, entertainment

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

The staff was so accommodating and sweet. The rooms weren't anything special but for what you pay it was great!

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.