Reviews of Economy Inn Hollywood 1 stars

5308 West Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA

#277 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

The price corresponds to the place and service.

The place around is kinda scary, I see this as a big problem. By the place I mean the people in the area.

The price corresponds to the place and service. However for example bed was one of pros. The staff was good.

Accessible location, Shame about the cleaning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bedding was clean but the room was dirty. The air conditioning unit was filthy along with every surface e.g. The skirting boards, doors, sills etc maybe my expectations are too high, I would not let my house get this dirty! I did not feel safe walking to the right of the property, a shop keeper was telling me what a terrible area it was with drugs etc. also no storage for clothes. I have stayed in many motels in the USA and always stay in cheap places, this was not the cheapest and was disappointing.

Easy to access LA by car, felt safe in the car and when in the room.

Perfect for a group of friends.

Nothing. It was perfect.

I spent 2 nights with 3 friends of mine (22 years each) and it was the best place to stay. The price was perfect for location and comfort, the staff was super nice and the motel was quite for the whole night. In the sunset boulevard area is full of comfort with place for breakfast, bars and grocery’s store.

Nice staff!!! Great deal!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was good but the room was a bit old.

The room was okay with this price and the staff was really friendly. I couldn’t park nicely and the man was very friendly and helped me out.

They dont have coffee on site!

They dont have coffee on site!!! No coffee maker in rooms or in the main office. They need coffee. Bed comforters had a few stains on them but sheets were clean. My only complaints.

Nice stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Generally everything OK. Nice personel quick check in. Close to Hollywood Blvd, Next to motel is Food4Less store where you can buy all you need and it's opened until 2am. Also starbucks, mcdonnald, burgerking panda etc. For breakfast there is nearby Deny's where great breakfast is served.

It's a good place to stay for a short period
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was a little cold during the night and they didn't have a blanket on the bed. Also there was no Kleenex in the room.

I liked it because I was being picked up to go to the Pantages Theatre. Very convenient

Stay away from this place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cigarette burns on the blankets, disgusting bathroom, my 8 month old crawled on the floor for 2 minutes and her hands and clothes were filthy. We went to the reception to get a refund for the next 2 nights and the lady was extremely rude, said she didn’t need our money.

Overall was a pleasant stay.

There were stains on the walls. The parking was a bit tight. Was always afraid of hitting someone going in or out of the complex. But other then that was good.

This is a good value lodging option.

Bathroom linens and amenities (soap, shampoo, etc) were of poor quality and do not match the improvements made to the rest living/sleeping areas. Access to the TV's source inputs (i.e. using the HDMI input to connect a computer, tablet or gaming system to the TV) were blocked and management, unfortunately, was adamant about not unblocking access. .

The rooms seem to have been recently updated with new beds, room furnishings, hardwood floors instead of carpet, a fresh coat of paint and the addition of electrical outlets.

Weekend in LA

Everything was good :)

Bed is very comfortable. There is a fridge in the room. You get 2 bottles of water every day. Room is very clean and spacious. Great location for Universal Studio and Hollywood. All great.

I had a happy and productive time!

It’s a bit old, the building is not the best, parking is hard, the bathroom and air conditioner and microwave needs to be fixed!

The location, the fact that I had a lot of space and I could cook and be by myself!

Clean rooms, friendly owner.

Locality looked a bit unsafe even though it's near to Hollywood places of interest. Next time I might not opt for this place if I am traveling with my family. Room doesn't have coffee maker.

Clean rooms, friendly owner.

Clean, comfortable room. Worth the price. If I ever make it back to LA, I plan on staying here!
    • King Room - Smoking

Very clean room. Manager was very nice and even called when we were running late at check in. The bed was so comfortable I slept great every night! Great value and we could walk to Hollywood Blvd.

booked them for our last night in LA after the road trip

Would be nice if room had a kettle. Might get quite noisy in the evening or morning as windows and doors of the room are directly on the hotel parking lot

Very very very comfortable bed - big tv with lots of programs. Fridge in the room. Walking distance to Hollywood walk of fame (20 minutes) Good choice of shops and restaurants nearby. Free parking.

They have minibar, bottles of water and the in site parking...

We didn’t like the blankets, we found lots of hair of another people on it.

They have minibar, bottles of water and the in site parking seems safe and really good air conditioner.

A classic motel in Hollywood!

- A bit expensive compare to the quality/offer; yet, still a good deal

- Safe Parking - Very conveniently situated for those who have a car (10 minutes walk from the metro station) - Clean and confortable room

This was good stay it's a very local area. Rooms and parking area are safe and the price is fair.
    • King Room - Smoking

We did have some issues with the TV there was a loose cable we kept losing signal. They did try fix it but it only lasted a few minutes.

We got a clean and spacious room with a queen size bed. Memory foam mattress and pillows definitely help getting a good night's rest.

We'll be back!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

The only bad part was the parking. I have a Genesis G80, and it was hard to back out and turn around, when others were parked against the wall. You enter and exit through the same drive way.

Our experience was great. There's plenty of eating places close by. The Office were very friendly & very helpful. I called to alert them that we would be late, and our room was ready when we arrived.

Very central location, clean modern accommodation even though it’s an old building and free parking!

Front desk Manager was willing to charge me and save my room for me even though I checked in super late at 2am. He also allowed an extra hour for check out time. It was very helpful.

The location was near everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was near everything. Good variety of food. Grocery next door. The gentleman at the office (which I think was the owner) was very nice & helpful. Good people.

Not a place to stay again

Expensive for the conditions offered, the sheets looked as if they had not been changed, cheap and small towels, room not enough cleaned

Good location,

Great Location
    • King Room - Smoking

I liked everything. Great place to stay for a great price.

The property was clean and quiet. It's location was great. It was by everything and just a few minutes away from Hollywood Walk of Fame

The location and wifi was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The limited parking. Also there wasn't towel consideration that I put 3 people under 1 room. There were only 2 large bath towels.

The location and wifi was great

Bright clean cool room with upscale international travelers. Hotel in good condition and felt secur
    • King Room - Smoking

Adjacent properties had questionable clientele but after all it is Hollywood

Housekeeping was excellent! Patricia the maid was very accommodating The mid century decor was cool with a very comfortable King size bed

You get what you pay for.

Stained toilet seat, cracked tiles in bathroom, hardwood floors, tv had a timer on it and turned off after a certain period and you couldn’t stop it. Bathroom had a lot of rust, didn’t even take a shower, no chair for desk. Parking super limited. Staff didn’t know English and snapped at us when we were running late to check out.

Bed was decent.

Not at all tourist friendly.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was advertised as Smoking. I paid more for the Smoking room. I arrive on-site; no Smoking rooms. Not OK. There was no microwave. There was hair in the 'clean' blanket in my room. The office asked me to tell the housekeeping staff. Staff asked me to carry the dirty blanket to the laundry room and then get my own blanket. There was hair in the bathtub drain. I couldn't bring myself to take a bath. Yuck. There was hair dried in swirls on the bathroom floor. The hardwood floors of the main area were dirty. I slept on top of the covers.

I liked the color scheme & the big mirror in the bathroom.

HORRIBLE STAFF!

the staff!! they are simply not capable, not trained, don't have email as they claim it and I am still waiting for my invoice to this day!

the staff is HORRIBLE! I called, emailed and asked for an invoice for my 10+ days stay. They claimed they don't have email. but will send it (how? I never received it 3 weeks later) when you call, they barely understand you. But when we extended our stay for one night by phone they literally harassed me over the phone on an hourly basis when i will be back at the property to pay for the extra night (although they had my credit card on file). HORRIBLE STAFF!!! OMG, this was the most annoying experience in my frequent traveler life.

Pleasant enough
    • King Room - Smoking

Been modernised in the bedroom looked very nice considering a motel better than I've had just need to update bath and shower then it would be perfect for a motel

Wouldn’t pay $10 to stay there. Get people in by saying it’s a smoking room when it’s Non-smoking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

When I book this room I booked a smoking room and then found out that it was a non-smoking hotel, but the window in the room was open because of the smell of smoke, and there were burn holes in the bedspread. There were roaches in the room and bathroom. I was called a few hours before I was leaving on my trip and was told that they only had a second-floor room. I had mentioned that because of my disabilities it was very difficult for me to climb stairs when I reserved the room. Therefore I ended up having to leave my suitcase in my car all night and had to make trips up and down to get what I needed out of my suitcase. I was unable to get a different hotel because I needed it that night within a few hours. The manager acted as If it was no big deal which make me angry. I also asked if there was someone who could take my luggage upstairs and was told about all her ailments why she couldn’t help. Not too sure why her husband wasn’t able to help.

Absolutely nothing

OK

No coffee in room....had a frig but no microwave Grocery store and McDonald's in the same block as long as you don't mind walking past the homeless people hanging out at the liquor store having shouting matches with one another!! Good news, we did not get asked for $$ not once!

Off street parking was appreciated. I would not want to park my car anywhere on the street in this neighborhood. Hosts were accommodating Also, a 2 block walk to train station which took us to Universal Studios (for 35 cents one way!) .

The worst experience ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

horrible experience! the place was infested!!!!! cockroaches everywhere. La habitación sucia llena de cucarachas

Nothing absolutely nothing! The place is nasty, the management doesn’t care at all And Is imposible to sleepy with all the noise. Este lugar no tiene nada bueno.

Great location, staff was extremely friendly and very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location, staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Definitely recommending this property to all friends, I WILL be staying here next time I visit :-)

Cheap and good for resting

Serves it's exact purpose. This place does not offer breakfast, but it is a great stop if you just want to take a bath and sleep. It is one of the cheapest yet decent alternatives close to Hollywood, and it is really close to a metro station - great for people who want to use public transportation to meet new places in LA.

Great price-value ratio
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room is really simple, and could be improved in many ways. Of course for this money we didn't expect more. Don't let yourself distracted by negative comments, this is a nice place if you are ready to compromise a bit! :)

The hotel has a great location, the staff was friendly. The room was simple, but clean and comfortable enough to use it as a base for sightseeing. I recommend it for young travelers and couples, who are looking for affordable accommodation.

The hotel has a good location (depending on where you want...

The hotel has a good location (depending on where you want to go of course), there is a large supermarket nearby, as well as some fastfood restaurants. Other than that the immediate surrounding ist just OK. It's near the hollywood boulevard, for those who are interested. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable.

Very fast check-in and check out.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location is bad. They were doing some sort of maintenance in the room adjacent and we were woken up by pounding and drilling. There were stains on all of the bedding. The key card for the door only worked after messing with it for what seemed like forever.

Very fast check-in and check out. Cold A/C and a mini fridge that actually worked.

Nice stay close to the Walk of Fame

they don't offer breakfast

Close to the main attractions, Walk of Fame is only about 20 min walk. Parking space in the property. Good restaurants around it (especially this Thai place: Pa Ord Noodle, definitely give it a try but ask for no chilly, because even the mild dish is extremely hot!! ) We stayed here for a night and it was fine, good service, clean, and a comfy bed. It's not a luxurious hotel, you get what you pay for. Also, nice and helpful host.

Basic but good stay

All in all everything was fine. No bad experiences I guess. It is a far walk to Hollywood center, but just order an Uber, its fast and cheap.

The Inn was basic but fine. Private parking feels secure. As our flight from LAX departed late, we could leave the car in the parking during the day.

Good Location, Good Price, Awful WiFi

The WiFi was non existent so if you're planning on using this for a business trip then don't bother, I could walk down to Denny's and back and get the internet information quicker from their WiFi.

The location was very good for the price being approximately 2 miles from the main Hollywood Blvd attractions.

The location is not bad.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is not bad. It's on sunset and it's only a short walk up to Hollywood and the metro line. There is a huge selection of food options nearby. The room is comfortable with mini fridge, HD TV, aircon and free WiFi.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Budget accomodation that won't let you down.
    • King Room - Smoking

A chair whould've been nice.

Older standard hotel room with AC/fridge, but I like the classic, vintage style, Comfy King Size bed. Big TV with many channels. Parking outside door. Ample accomodation for people who rather spend more money on a great car than accomodation.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Good Location, Poor Wi-Fi
    • King Room - Smoking

Wi-fi wasnt very good, i managed to get my phone connected on second day but my laptop would not connect all week. There is a McDonalds and Dennys about 2-5 minutes away, both offer free wi-fi.

Bed was comfy, close to Hollywood - 10-20 minute walk to Walk of Fame, Dolby Theatre and Hop on Hop off stop and there is a Bus stop about 3 minutes from motel, which will take you to Sunset Strip and West Hollywood ($1.75 per ride).

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Don't stay in this model!
    • King Room - Smoking

The reception was supposed to be 24/7 but during the night, when people tried to break into our room and we were calling the reception, noone was answering. It is not safe to stay there as anyone can enter and approach all the rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Nice stay close to Hollywood

Was ok, room was a bit empty, area maybe in night a bit dodgy - probably not more than anywhere else in Hollywood

Nice personal, free parking, good wifi

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Nice basic hotel
    • King Room - Smoking

The wifi wasnt very stable. It would say connected but wouldn't work half the time. Didn't offer coffee or a coffee pot.

Room was nice and clean daily. My flight was delayed so I didn't arrive til midnight and the staff was OK with that. Staff said hi when we passed them outside. Bathroom sink and tub had hot water through out my stay Feb 9-13,2017 There is a little doughnut shop across the street for coffee and donuts, very reasonable (10cent doughnut holes) The subway to walk of fame in Hollywood is about 5blks to walk.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Very basic, but suited needs perfectly.

Extra blanket on bed. was particularly cold in LA when we stayed, and heater was effective but too noisy for night time.

Very basic, but suited needs perfectly.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Mediocre but in a good location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I won't get into what I saw on the bed but let's just say, when I brought it to their attention out of respect, they acted like it was me who was making it up. Unacceptable. I would have no reason to make that kind of thing up. It's not like I was asking for a refund or anything and if they would have just acknowledged and/or taken care of it, I wouldn't have even brought it up here but their defensiveness was cause for question. I will never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Average accommodation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at the counter wasn't very friendly.

It is a very simple accomodation if you just want a night rest. Near the area, there are many excellent thai food that i strongly recommend.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Basic comfort, basic price, no frills at all.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The lack of kettle, or any other 'basic' facilities. A Cold nights sleep under waifer thin blankets.

Quite close to tha Hollywood Strip and Griffith Observatory the motel was basic but functional. The staff were friendly and accomodating but the facilities were non existant and the room did not even have a kettle in it. A basic TV and empty barfridge made up the entirety on the 'facilities' available. The area was poor and run down, and generally somewhat underwhelming.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

It was okay.

It wasn't too pleasant of a place to stay at. The sheets were dark and I assumed they were to hide flaws that would have shown on white sheets. The toilet seat for my room was broken. Every time I sat on it, the seat would start to slide to one side or the other. The bed wasn't made each day. They only replenished essentials and changed our towels.

We were given free water bottles and were replenished each day.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Very pleased!
    • King Room - Smoking

Nothing to complain about.

Central location - five minute walk from Hollywood/Western metro station. Surrounded by a huge range of shops, restaurants and other amenities. The room was clean, comfortable and the TV had actual cable (not the fake cable most hotels advertise). Staff were friendly and accommodating. I was very pleased with this hotel - one of the cheapest in Hollywood but that was not reflected in the service.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Horrible Motel

Room is small. Unclean. Cleaning staff entered my room and didn't clean nor make bed when I left for the day. So why did they enter? Room had a slight smell and something bit me in that bed. Air condioner/ heating is horrible. I would never recommend. Worse place ive stayed. The pictures on here are deceiving. Highly dissatisfied

There was absolutely nothing I liked about this property

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Sketchy & chel
    • King Room - Smoking

Place was worth maybe $30/night. Dirty, cheap towels, thin walls, made me feel like I was staying at a motel off the side of an abandoned road. However, was in a convienent location, and the staff was friendly. This isn't place you bring your significant other.

Location was nice.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Very good value for money, nice quite area.

Everything fine.

Room quite big and clean, large bed, fridge, 2 bottles of water and new toiletries every day. Towels and linen changed every day. Free wifi in the room, air conditioner. Reception open all night. Nice and quite area. Around a corner huge "Food 4 less" shopping center open 24hours. Hollywood Blvd by walking distance. A lot of cafes and restaurants in short walking distance. Metro station 10min by walk. Very good value for money in this area.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Please clean the rooms after each guest
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had a weird smell upon walking in, found a cockroach in the bathroom crawling. Towels, bed sheets, and blankets looked like they haven't been washed in weeks. Found multiple lipstick stains on our pillows, blankets and towels so we didn't use any of them. The toilet also didn't flush, and hairs were found in the tub and bed under the covers.

The location was nice, very close to Hollywood and other tourist attractions. Parking was easy to find and there were parking spaces available and easy access to the rooms. Staff was also nice and prompt, had two free bottled water in the room which was nice.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

No complaints, exactly what you need if you're looking for a place to crash

No complaints

Staff were super helpful, and friendly. Beds a bit hard and the area is a bit noisy but nothing too bad. Was clean. It's not he fanciest place on earth but for the price it was what we needed.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Nice stay for the price and location.

Little more tv channels and enough parking spaces. Parking was very crammed in the lot. There was also left over food in the refigerator when we got there.

The price of the hotel was reasonable on the date we booked. Beds were clean and comfortable, room was was a goood size, A/C worked, and was just 3 minutes from the strip.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Quiet, clean, good price.
    • King Room - Smoking

The parking needs to improve, one car per room was a bit of an issue. If you leave for the night when you return you won't get one.

Quiet and cleanly. Staff was nice & helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Good location 8 mins walk to subway station and 2 stops to...
    • King Room - Smoking

No kitchen and elevator for budgeted travellers with heavy baggages. But the owner will let you borrow a pot of hot water for free

Good location 8 mins walk to subway station and 2 stops to get to the walk of fame, friendly owner. Bonus comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

A reasonable deal-I will keep it in mind to stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The parking, while sufficient, was barely so and required some odd configurations in the parking area, especially if one arrived late in the evening. An overly large vehicle or two may complicate it further.

It was relatively quiet. The service friendly and generally had sufficient parking. It was clean.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

not much to say about what I liked.

well, not much to say, no ice machine, no extra admenties, staff wasn't friendly. I think other people actually live there. Barely clean

not much to say about what I liked.

Location is great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price is a little bit to high for that standard without breakfest, the neiberhood is noisy.

Location is great.

Best Hotel

I loved everything

Best Hotel

I love everything

The property was clean and quiet and right by everything and a great price

Location is very good

We suggestion coffee maker

Location is very good

Ok

Got a non smoking room when I entered restroom there was a half smoked cigarette in there , trash bag in sink and stained sheet

The bathroom and the closet.

The price and the location.

Okay I guess
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No parking, the room was dirty, I turned on the AC and a bunch of dirt flew on the bed.

The man who checked us in was so kind.

Convenient

Poor wifi bad parking

Convenient

Good location.

Uncomfortable beds. Issues with the a/c.

Good location. Good price

Horrible bed, rags for towels, old toilet, no comfortable chairs, no table, no micro, poor parking, horrible place for the price!

Affordable and location wise

Cleaner bathroom/more towels

Affordable and location wise

Overall excellent room and cost effective

Neighbors where very loud and running down the hallways. Saw police on the property.

Surprinsingly nice inside, clean, and great location.

Good accommodation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is good located close to Hollywood walk of fame. Clean enough and comfortable. Especially the pillow were comfy.

Browse Economy Inn Hollywood traveller photo gallery