Reviews of Economy Inn Ukiah 2 stars

6.2

6.1

5.2

• Family Room

Floor was dirty, outside looked like it had been abandoned;half the rooms were empty, they said they're working on them, railing was rusty, bugs on the floor at night, neighbor upstairs going outside coughing and spitting lugies, don't go, picture deceiving

I didn't like anything about this "motel"

• Standard Queen Room

If you take away the cockroaches and the psycho screaming in the room next door, it was still a thoroughly unpleasant place to stay. To add insult to injury, the walls were so paper-thin that it seemed as though the snoring neighbour was in bed with you. The combination of cardboard walls and translucent curtains made for a cold and melancholy start at 7am, when yet more screaming ensued.

Proximity to the nearest highway to leave.

• Standard Queen Room

Deadbolt on door non-functional. Significant gap at bottom of door. Towels and pillowcases were clean, but not "white" (i.e., there were residual stains/dingyness, but I'm confidant they were laundered and felt comfortable using them.) No desk lamp, just one garish ceiling light overhead.

Staff were friendly and accommodating (even with checking in at 12:30am!) Key was ready to go. Check-in and check-out expedient. Felt appreciated as a customer both when checking in at night, and in the morning when departing. Fast Wi-Fi. Refrigerator was cold and a great amenity. Expectations were net; I knew what I was getting into.

• Standard Queen Room

The occupant(s) 3 doors down were very noisy. Also some occupant warmed up their diesel truck for 10 minutes starting at 6am. Ugh!

Cheap room.. I only needed the basics.

• Standard Queen Room

cockroaches when I turned on the bathroom lights, bed didn't even have a fitted sheet lol. smallest, tiny little flat pillows I've ever seen. like two doll pillows, no light next to the bed. didn't seem like they made much effort to clean before checking me in. place looked condemned upon arrival. only booked because it was so cheap and I was traveling on a budget. next time I'll splurge on a motel 6 at least

cheap

• Standard Queen Room

In addition to charging AMEX the full price on check in, had to leave a $50 room key deposit. The lobby is completely stripped, making the property appear vacant. The rooms are stripped of bedside light fixtures and the holes remain or are poorly patched. Towels are small and hard. The pool is broken.

Easy access to Tesla Super Charger 1.5 blocks away. Centrally located near shops. Reasonable price for what you get. Upstairs rooms have beautiful wood ceiling. The bed was firm and comfortable. Good shower water pressure. Poor sound insulation, but it was quiet after 11p. Mini fridge & micro in room.

• Standard Queen Room

Shower seemed to have some mold. Sliding window in bathroom did not have a lock, which was not too bad because I was on second floor. Carpet in room was stained and needed to be streched, underneath the carpet were bulges in different area of the room. Whenever anyone walked or closed the door in the floor below my bed shook.

Parking was accesable, central location for my needs.

• Standard Queen Room

Had to leave a $25 deposit for the room And it never was returned to me. So they robbed me of $25.. Went in their to get it. And they acted like they didn't remember me..

• Standard Queen Room

Well for starters the place was under construction. They charged my card way before I actually arrived and checked me in. The cleanliness of the beddding, towels and carpet were questionable. I took my own bedding and towels and they didnt offer any coffee in the room which was new to me. As the men were on the roof some black stuff fell from the ceiling in the bathroom. The lady made me feel uncomfortable because as I was loadin my belongings in the trunk of my car she noticed that I had white towels that I was putting my car so she walked towards got my room key from me to go check the room to see if I'd had taken their towels. The towels there looked like shop towels that had old stains in them. Overall if just need a very basic place to sleep then thats your place. They also had mold.

Cheap and available

• Standard Queen Room

This motel was $60 a night and a great value. It is under complete renovation so there are bits of plywood around and the roof was under reconstruction. But the sheets and towels were clean, the tv worked, and they had a small fridge in the room. The owners were friendly and accommodating.

bed was very hard, wife had a very tough night sleeping

Close to everything, on the main street. had a handicape room and the bathroom with shower setup was great.

• Family Room

Definitely needs to be remodeled and improved. Missing outlet cover, missing handles on desk, stains on carpet, hair still on shower wall, really thin walls (could hear conversation and sex next door); just to list a few things.

Street parking next to the motel for rv, trailer, or large vehicle.

• Standard Queen Room

The pillows were extremely flat. They were non-existent, but other than that, the bed was very comfortable.

I really liked that they had AC. We were able to stay cool on a really hot day.

• Standard Queen Room

Run down and semi clean. Door to our room looked like someone had kicked it open and poor repair job. Bed was uncomfortable. Other guests fighting. Was glad to leave!

Not much.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Standard Queen Room

No hot water at bathroom sink, bathroom floor sloped, holes in the walls, carpet had ripples and bumps, upstairs walkway was unsafe, electrical for refrigerator went up the wall & tied into overhead light.very unsafe. Lobby was empty. Several rooms had absolutely nothing in them, just striped of everything.

Clean bed

• Family Room

Cockroaches. Bathroom smelled very strongly of mold, carpet dirty up to 2 feet from walls, AC very loud and room was very hot at 10pm check-in, so we needed it... Building shakes when people walk anywhere upstairs, noise from TV in next room prohibited sleep (the guest did grudgungly, turn it down after I asked him at 12:30am). "Security" lock did not work as bolt was misaligned with hole in door jamb. There was no reading lamp by the bed. But the worst thing was finding a cockroach in the bathroom when we arrived. That meant all food went into the tiny fridge or back to the car, all cothes were zipped inside suitcases or hung on hangers, nothing left open, nothing set on sufaces in the bathroom, noting left on the floor, including shoes and we covered all surfaces when eating breakfast. Because of this and the heavy mold smell in the bathroom, even with the window open all night, we will not be coming back.

Easy late check-in, easy parking, lots of hot water, lots of clean towels. Refridgerator worked, AC worked, there were hangers and a wall mounted rack for clothing and other items.

• Standard Queen Room

This motel is under major renovation, so most of the property was not in use. It was clean, but poorly furnished. The mattress appeared new, but bedding and towels were worn. There was a table and 2 desk chairs, a tv and a dresser. The small refrigerator was on the sink vanity. There was no clock or lamp. I wish the owners luck in bringing this facility back to it's former shape. It was once a premier hotel in town.

The staff was friendly and the location was good.

• Standard Queen Room

Motel had a swimming pool with there was no water in it and there was dirt on the bottom. The room smelled like an ashtray and it was supposed to be in a non-smoking room. I can't hear every single foot step over people in the room above me and they woke me up constantly during the night. The last time was that 4:15 the morning. The handheld shower was broken and the bar of soap it give you a so thin it only has one side.

• Standard Queen Room

No light near the bed, I like to read in bed. The shower head was on a hose , but no place to hang it on so I had to hold the shower head the while taking a shower.

A good location, easy check in

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

This hotel is obviously in the process of change. However the rooms were spacious and clean, if a bit outdated. Good value for money if all you want is a place to sleep for a night

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room

This is a terrible property. They rent long-term to druggies, and drunks. The wood on the walkways, roof, siding was rotten with dryrot, the room was dirty and outdated and everything smellled like urine, I would never go back.

NOTHING.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The second floor was a little unnerving. The floor of the walk area was just ply wood. The awning was crumbling above it. The room was small and very dated. Everything just seemed dingy and old. The worst part was the shower. It had almost no pressure was like showering in mist. The towels were like hand towel couldn't even wrap around my 7 year old. No bath tub. Bed was very uncomfortable only had two pillows eventhough we asked for extras when booking. Was definitely economy. They didn't pull out any extras.

The staff was nice parking was easy small place easy to find the room

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The only amenities that were offered was wifi and that didn't have a great signal it keeps dropping and reconnecting. I do have to say they are in the middle of very much. Needed renovations . I was disappointed t that there is not an ice machine. Thee pool needs to finish being drained then scrubbed with bleach. The trip up the stairs had me a little nervous we were walking on t plywood and it was rainy. All I can say the window in the bathroom needs fresh caulking along with the stand up shower. I just preferred to shower when I returned home. If I was put in a renovated room nothing new was done to make it special. blankets and sheets it was obvious that they were as old as the out dated furniture. My point is during renovations at least create some excitement and modernizing the furniture along with the linen. I was not given any reason to stay again. But like I said renovations are being done . The pictures were very outdated

I really liked the hotel front desk lady. She was very friendly and enjoyed our conversation at checkomg in . Unfortunately that was the reason she got me to stay yes it was her personality that got me in the room. I was stil very reluctant but I did.

• Standard Queen Room

When I booked it didn't say it was being remodeling and torn up everywhere. Also I could cancel without being charged full price. At anytime.

It was a good night stay for the money.lady in office was very polite.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

It was in the midst of renovations. The rooms were dark, except for ultra bright bulbs in fixtures. Bedding was very old but clean. There were holes in the wall where fixtures had been taken down but not replaced. Towels were of very low quality. Pool is in the middle of a parking lot and not open. There was not a lock on the door that was trustworthy (ie no deadbolt) and no peekhole.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room

They had no cleaning everyday, there was no breakfast no coffee in the room. I had to ask for towels, and my neighbor was robbed my first morning there

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

I did not feel safe, they were remodeling, I booked for a smoking room . They put in a non smoking room with two beds I was told absolutely no smoking and I was told to only use one bed. I worried about my vehicle All nite. I left first thing in the morning even though I paid for two nites. I asked for a downstairs because of being disabled I was put upstair s.

I did like the staff they were friendly and understand if.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Family Room

Stay away from this place. Towels were stained in brown colors. So we're the pillow cases. Carpet had plastic underneath. We feared bed bugs but didn't see any. Noisy and somewhat scary people checked in next to us. We almost left but already paid. Pictures online are all misleading.

Nothing. 88 dollars with tax. This was a 40 dollar motel.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Most of the units were uninhabitable; it looked as though either they were going to raze the entire complex soon, or remodel most of the rooms. The entry door had no security chain and the lock was one of those inner doorknob turning things that was tricky to be sure whether the door was locked. Someone tried the door handle after I went to bed. The bathroom window was a bit open when I got there, and the "lock" for this window was a flimsy piece of chipped off rotting wood placed between the window frame and the part of the window that opened. In the room above a man paced the room with loud thudding steps that made me wonder whether he would fall through my ceiling and crush me in my bed. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed, still alive, and with nothing stolen. I rate this place as worth $20/night.

One of the managers, named Ben, was most friendly and helpful. The location was good, near a small park and restaurants. The main draw for me was the price, beating the nearest competitor by 30 or 40 bucks, although I don't think the price accurately reflected the value.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Nothing for us.

It was all good. The bed was clean. The bathroom was also clean. I think the reputation and the condition of the room is case by case and depending on your luck what room you will get.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

New owners so start of renovation so very tired and some rooms empty. Looked a bit derelict on arrival but sure it will improve with time.

Staff very helpful. Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Family Room

The shower head was broken, the bathroom door stuck closed and had to be forcefully opened, pool was drained, staff was rude, door lock stuck and ouldnt remove the key.

The price was decent

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Around $50, a fairly priced motel---now increasingly rare in many areas. Nothing fancy---just a reasonable place to sleep without spending a fortune.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Family Room

A/C didn't really work, it was a fan that blew cool air but didn't cool the room after 3-4 hours. Fridge didn't get cold even though it was on. Shower was a single stream of water, good pressure though.

Close to restaurants and shops, safe, near lots of Pokemon Go stops.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Black mold in bathroom,, bed hard, squeeky very uncomfortable. The noise level was loud. No coffee in room & the pool was drained. Gave it a second chance (stayed last year) but not again.

Easy to find

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Family Room

It was crappy - no breakfast no coffee dirty stained towels - they show a pool - but it has no water in it

If I could have found another hotel I would have -

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

CAPET NEEDED REPLACEMENT ROOF TERMITES ATE THE ROOF THE BALCONY AND THE FLOOR IN THE BATH ROOM, TOILET LEANED, BALCONY NEED REPLACEMENT FALLING APART THE WHOLE BUILDING NEEDS TO BE DEMOLISH

NOTHING NEEDS TO BE DEMOLISHED, DESTROYRD , FLATTEN

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

If you aren't looking for a fancy hotel, this place is unbeatable for the money. Safe, well lit parking lot near downtown area and a Safeway. Very friendly staff and clean rooms which, though old, have everything you could need.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The pool was green. The flooring was ripped up (I.e. missing) in the hallway. Looked nothing like the pictures on the website. Will definitely stay someplace different next time.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Family Room

Arrived late and rooms were very hot......I'm mean hot like an oven. We had booked 2 rooms. I was told to open the other room and turn the air unit on to cool the room down. Rooms smelled a little the bathroom was the worst.like some thing was there but couldn't find the smell. There was no Internet, and for being fourth of July weekend I would expect a clean pool, this one was green and you could see the slime. Carpet was buckling and stains on linens. We had no other choice but to stay...everyone slept on top of their beds. The next morning there wasn't no coffee. No one asked how are stay was....they would have had an ear full. For the price I paid for the 2 rooms, they were the worst ever. $250.00, 2 rooms with queen beds that felt like full size....was not worth it. I could have slept in the park and been more happy.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Standard Queen Room

None of it. It was outdated, a/c didn't work, half rooms were gutted, walk ways were rotten, you could hear through walls, reserved smoking but didn't get it, was horrible

I didn't like any of it. Half rooms were gutted. Out dated. Nothing in the office. Pool was stagnant water, was nothing like pictures.shouldn't even be open

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Why, the price of course.

Place was under renovation, most rooms were in disarray. Should they fix those rooms, it would be an OK place. I am on a bicycle tour, and typically spend $5 for a campsite at a State Park, so $76+ for a bed seems exhorbitant. But, my perspective is skewed from most travelers, who venture by cars.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Hotel is currently being remodeled. I'm sure once it is finished it will be just great

Friendly staff, very convenient to downtown for business or pleasure

Awful

Gross

Everything else

Nothing except the price

• Standard Queen Room

The manager of the place is super kind and the place is clean and well organized. Confortable prices.

No towels

Make sure towels are in the room

The way the lady was hostile towards me

nothing this place is old and crusty like the owners

Hotel is under renovation

Rooms are clean beds are comfortable plenty of hot water

• Standard Queen Room

Under construction, no continental breakfast

Owner was noce

• Family Room

Upstairs terrace is on poor condition

• Family Room

It was a run down motel.

It was cheap

Carpet & beds old & no decor, kinda uninvitin

• Standard Queen Room

The reception should have be better.

Was good

• Standard Queen Room

The noise from the remodeling they are doing but it didn't start to get loud till about 10:15am so it was OK.

• Family Room

Everything was broken and dirty.

Nothing about our stay here.

• Standard Queen Room

It was run down poorly kept

The price was good but property was rundown and looked to be remodeling.

• Family Room

The beds were double beds when the confirmation stated queen beds.

Need ceiling fan

• Standard Queen Room

A lamp in the room, better TV. In need of repairs.

In Need of repairs.

• Family Room

No coffee in the morning

It was the worst.

The room was so HOT!! We couldnt breath

• Standard Queen Room

Noisy neighbours. Rooms are a bit tired but the property is undergoing renovation.

Large room. Easy check in.

• Standard Queen Room

Clean rooms, awesome location, good price, friendly staff

Affordable, easy, convienent. Thanks

• Standard Queen Room

Funky space, warped carpets, small shower, cheap towels.

Not much

The room

• Family Room

Swimming pool was not in service. The hotel need tlc.

Beds and room was clean.

• Standard Queen Room

Run down facility. Not worth $80 per night. $35 per night maybe!

• Standard Queen Room

They are in the process of repairing the place. Once it's done it will be a lot nicer.

Great value, kind staff.

Wifi

Clean private nice staff

• Family Room

The place is dilapidated and desperately needs repairs

Nothing the place should closed fown

• Family Room

Staff seemed to be pretty friendly

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room

It was up stairs and dirty. Big gap under door. People smoked out side our room and smoke came in. Very bad.

Clean bed.