Reviews of Economy Inn Seaside 2 stars

4.4

5.2

4.9

4.3

O K for a cheap stop but overpriced so actually poor value
    • Single Room - Disability Access

bedside light not working. Breakfast addvertised but only coffee and prepacked pastries.TV would not switch on

Baht room and sink area well set out,clean and good to use.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

No attendant on the premises when you are there at night and in the morning. No services.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No new linens. For 3 days I had to get my own towels. I had to carry out my own trash. No one swept of tidied the room. The coffee and rolls were out every morning but no attendant to talk to when we wanted to complain. We will not be back. The free Wi-Fi was slow as molasses. We had to have the owner kick out the kids parking in the 1 spot reserved for wheelchair patients. when we got the room the t.v. had to be hooked up and when it was it the screen was marked up and scratched. the screen was too low. We had to put it on a hat box to see it while in bed.

The beds were comfy. the location great, the shower was nice, and the toilet worked, the heat worked differently and with some instruction I was able to use it. Parking for our disabled sticker was there and in front of the room. We were able to get a room for wheelchair.

The manager stated "the room we had booked was...

Awful!

The manager stated "the room we had booked was overbooked by Booking.com and that they had overbooked the evening with several other people" and when asked for another referral, he stated "I don't know." When asked for any suggestions, again "I don't know."

The only thing I liked about his hotel is the close...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The A/C wasn't working. I contacted a man who appeared to be the "manager" or something (he also checked me in). He stated to me that there is a thermostat on the wall that I can control the A/C with. Well, that didn't work. So, we had no other choice but to weather the inconvenience. That same "manager" had odd friends come over & party at the parking lot, which they were loud and multiple verbal arguments occurred. These friends seemed very suspicious and the activities likewise. Note: This hotel is very small and the parking as well, so they all BBQ'd next to the rooms without consideration to guests. VERY SHADY & UNCOMFORTABLE. I do not recommend this hotel, especially when staying with family.

The only thing I liked about his hotel is the close proximity of tourist areas.

Worst place ever.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Worst place ever.staff was unprofessional.room was small for two beds.tv was super static. Dirty facility.parking was small.when we arrived at night staff was outside in parkinglot having a bbq with friends.bed had bugs an ant bit me at night. When checking out no one was in office besides a guy who was not staff(friend of owner i guess)and said just leave key on counter. If i would have had the money i would have left the same moment i walked into office..dont waste ur money at all. Pay that extra 50 dollars if needed

Slept ok. No security issues after I retired. Breakfast? Laughable...

The room I had was obviously run down. Only 1 Kleenex in the Kleenex box. Flush value on toilet was....will it work? No stopper in vanity sink. Bed was fine.....security on room door was missing. Smoke alarm was detached. This is a run-down facility. I chose it base on price and location........never again....

The owner was onsite. He was very sensitive to my concerns about cramped space, and safety. I decided to stay on his assurance I would be safe. I am not poor, but lodging prices on the Monterey Peninsula have spiked and are now out of my price range. It would be kind of me to say my room was adequate. The facility needs serious restoration.

BAD EXPERIENCE CHECKING IN, DEALING WITH HOUSE KEEPING AND THE SMALL TINY PARKING LOT. SUCKED!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

ONLY THING I LIKED AFTER DOING A 2 HOUR TRIP WAS TO FIND OUT MY GIRLFRIENDS NAME WAS UNDER THE ROOM, SO LIKE A FOOL I WAS ASKING THE HOTEL LOBBY TO RENT ME THE ROOM UNDER MY NAME. WAS ALMOST A SCARE UNTIL I MENTIONED MY GIRLS NAME AND HE SAID THATS THE ONE. I ALSO DIDNT LIKE THE FACT THAT I DIDNT NEED SERVICE AND WHEN I ASKED THE CLEANING LADY FOR TOWELS SHE LOOKED A ME LIKE I WAS STUPID AND NEVER BROUGHT THEM. DIRTY BATHTUB. OLD TV THAT PLAYED 1990S COMMERCIALS. ALSO THE BROKEN AND HANGING DRAPES TO CLOSE THE WINDOW. OVERALL BAD STAY. WOULD NOT GO BACK

LOCATION TO CALIFORNIA ROOTS FESTIVAL. FOOD LOCATION OPTIONS NEARBY BUT FOR SOME REASON I DIDNT HAVE MUCH GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THIS PLACE AT ALL. WAS A DIRTY PLACE AND DIDNT MEEET MY EXPECTATIONS FOR THE PRICE THAT WAS CHARGED.

Nothing to like, very disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was not comfortable, the bathroom door was broken, dresser was broken. Parking lot too small, needs a total make over.

Nothing to like, very disappointed

Total dump.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I tend to stay at these types of cheap hotels when I dive in Monterey. This place is the absolute worst. Barely any parking, very weak/spotty WiFi, loud ac unit (u can basically hear the gears grinding), totally run down. I'm usually fine with just a bed to sleep in for the short time I stay in the room... But u can find a lot better for the same price all over seaside. At least other motels have reliable WiFi and a free little breakfast.

This place was a nightmare! A real dump!

Everything,enough said!

Nothing, first of all the managers was hanging out in the parking lot with unsavory clients. Then the room had hardly any lights and on top of that it had a bloody towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Then I caught, another patron snooping around and looking inside my car. This establishment is not my cup of tea, to say the least.

4.5
    A GHOST HOTEL, MAYBE THERE ARE GHOSTS IN IT.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

A GHOST HOTEL, MAYBE THERE ARE GHOSTS IN IT. THE LIGHTS WERE ON AUTOMATICALLY IN THE ROOM NEXT AND THE WINDOW WAS CONSTANTLY OPEN AND CLOSED. IT WAS TERRIFYING.

For the money it was as expected

See above

Room is priced right at discounted price. WiFi shared so it is subject to slowness. Water hot in sink Luke warm in shower. TV old 26 inch. Room faces a high traffic route it can be noisy. Restaurants close by. Clean room.

People pay tThey need a hige lesson in customer service , people skills, and to be more respectful.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The owner was rude. Just ridiculous. I didn't trip too much bout the walls, not that were stained, but old spilled stuff it cleaned. The tv remote did not work at all, pulled out the dresser to reach an outlet to my device into the tv (a simple RCA connection didn't work) It hadn't been cleaned back there in quite some time. I'll just leave it at that.

It is conveniently located on a busy boulevard within walking distance to various food selections, grocery, and drug stores. It is inconveniently located right on a busy boulevard, Right on front street.

Not a good experience after all!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for a non smoking and actually got a smoking room and once I said to the manager he say d he had no rooms which wouldn’t be my problem because when I booked in bookings.com I put NO SMOKING!They should put people with kids in the bottom if they know when you are asking the reservation that you have a child why put you upstairs if later the people in the bottom will complain about your child! The bed should definitely have more blankets specially with how cold it gets down their!The breakfast they give is simple and not worth the extra they make you pay!

I love the location it’s close to beach the fact that you have restaurant within walking distance and a little mart across,The price was good except on the weekend it went super high! The bed is somewhat comfortable,air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and microwaves. Complimentary wireless Internet access keept me connected somewhat works.and satellite programming was available too. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include desks, as well as phones with free local calls.i love the location soo much because if you don’t have a car it won’t matter your within walking distance to beach,stores,restaurants and fast foods!

Never going back to that one
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The curtains were tied on when we arrive the window was open it smelled like curry it look like the bedspread hadn’t been washed the floors have been vacuumed the sink in the counter had been wiped down the smoke detector was attached to the wall with a grocery bag wrapped around it The soap was the size of a teaspoon very poor quality never stay there again

Cheap price.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very rude experience with the hotel manager. We were running late so I call to inform them but no answer. We called at 9:30pm, then 10:30pm and still no answer. We arrive at 11:20 and the lights were on but everything was locked. There was no signs or instructions. I ring the bell twice and gently knock. Still no answer. I think maybe ill give them some time to get up, so I walk around the hotel to see if there is possibly another reception desk. There is none, and after a five minute walk my wife joins me. We ring the bell and knock a little louder. Still no answer. We wait a minute and call the office number and still no answer. At this point we we're both frustrated so we bang on the office window and side door. At last there is a reaction. The hotel manager comes out half asleep in a white tank top and shorts. He looks right at me and immediately says in a rude tone "You only have to ring the bell once, and ill come out. If you knock on my door like that im not going to rent you anything." He then closed the door and walked around to the reception desk. I was shocked, offended and angry at the same time. I look back at my wife and her jaw is halfway dropped with rage. She was so upset she had to excuse herself to the car before he reappeared. I wanted to yell back at him but I thought carefully about how I was going to handle this. I didn't want to be stuck driving from hotel to hotel looking for a available room. I told him I have a reservation and produced all the paperwork. He glanced at it and gave me the key. Once i had the key I calmly let him know, if they only want people to ring once maybe they should have a sign or attempt to pick up their phone. He just brushed it off. I was calm now and exhausted from a long drive. I didn't feel like arguing anymore. The room was dirty and kept in terrible condition. Our fridge only had 3 legs and I almost tipped it over.

Cheap price. 15 - 20 minute drive from major attractions.

A Nightmare on Fremont
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing-- I would like a refund the staff were terrible upon arrival they stated free wifi--- there was no wifi--- the bed was broken there was no heat and hookers frequented the place-- not a suitable place for families it was disgusting I would tell everyone though the price is cheap upgrade to another motel for better quality service like the Sandcastle Inn or the Candle Bay Inn or Americas Best Value Inn North. Skip this place to save yourself.

The attendant promised coffee and pastries (without me...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Not very clean, the fridge did not work, there was no phone in the room and they gave me the corner room - you can hear everything and everyone inthere

The attendant promised coffee and pastries (without me asking for them) by 6am next morning - we had an early morning day so the coffee would have been nice. I came down to try and check out and get some coffee but no one ever came to help me. I had to make a second special trip just to check out by 11a

Litteraly the worst place to stay. Door is broken. Toilet was broken. Everything was broken.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was honestly a terrible place to stay. Homeless people knocking on doors in the middle of the night to my door knob falling off and not being able to close the door properly. This website rating system is awesome terrible. I voted 1 for everything and the place still got a 2.5 ... It really deserves a 1 or maybe even less. Free breakfast was a wrapped pastry from Costco and there were ants crawling all over the desk that the food was on.

The mom of the owner was pleasant. She gave me a mint before I left.

This place was absolutely awful!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

This place was absolutely awful! It was dirty, wallpaper peeling, bathtub faucet was broken, drywall nail for a coat hanger, freezer frosted to the point that nothing would fit in it, dead plants hanging outside every room, rude attendant, no morning coffee as promised, homeless man with liquor bottle sitting in the lobby, absolutely horrible!

The staff/owner was friendly.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Smokey room even though it was a non smoking room. Blood on the sheet. You get what you pay for. Lukewarm coffee in the morning.

The staff/owner was friendly.

This is my bad stay at hotel story.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Everyone has that story to tell of worst stay. This one is mine. And I was not alone, I caught up with another lady staying in the same hotel and we bonded on the horror stay stories. 1) Booked as including breakfast - Did not provide me with any breakfast. Owner keeps some sad muffins in the name of the breakfast, but that too was closed 2) Mattress was torn at many places 3) Bed bugs 4) Room was not clean 5) No Hot water in shower 6) No remote for TV, had to stand next to TV to flip channels 7) No HBO (was advertised as such) 8) Rude owner, was sharing racist joke gleefully in addition to telling me how big his friends di*k is (not kidding) Glad I stayed only one night.

Do not stay at this hotel. It should be shut down!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. It is totally overpriced. There were burn holes and stains in the bed cover; the room was not tidied up during the day; the smoke alarm was not only broken, it was covered with a plastic bag as if someone was trying to smoke in the room without setting it off; the curtains were held up with zip-ties; and the parking lot was filled with junk cars that didn't run, as well as the hotel manager's buddies visiting him. We got blocked in the parking lot on Sunday morning when we needed to leave, and had to ask the manager to move a car so we could physically get out of the parking lot. Saturday morning we got accosted in the parking lot by a woman manager in her nightgown demanding our key because she thought we were leaving without checking out (we were checking out the following day). Oh, and check out the "morning pastries".

Nothing about it. It's a dump and who ever owns the property is a slum lord.

Awful , will never stay there again .
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Electrical connection to lamp was taped together, carpets were filthy and stained . There was only a few parking spots so we had to park on the street , not a great area

They obviously upgraded the bathrooms recently, that was the only nice thing about the room

Housing market is very difficult here, Sal has really worked with me and reduced my stress, he cares
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Someone always parks right outside of office and makes it hard on most ppl getting in and out.

Great service and friendly staff. They really care about the people staying here and the community.

Stay away
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No TV, electrical wires sticking out of the lamps, and walls, very unsafe, asked the manager about the tv he said no tv in that room, dead bolt lock broken

Price. Right, service poor.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Inn Keeper twice when TV and Microwave both failed spent s long tine on his personal problems while I waited and waited and waited for mine to be resolved. Bad style. My dollars psy his income so a bit more styentjon toy requirements was more sppropriate.

Bed comfortable.

Don't waste your money.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I waited 20 minutes for someone to show up and to check into the motel. The guy was not really apologetic and acted like it was my fault. The place is a dump, the room door had no way to make sure that no one got in but me, after I had entered into it. (the swinging loop and no other part, so it could not lock)

It was across from a good breakfast place. This has nothing to do with the motel though.

The owner was nice.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like cigarettes, parking lot was really small, the bedding had cigarette holes. The chairs in the room had rips so they weren't comfortable to sit on.

The owner was nice.

Sketchy tweaker hub in a nice commercial neighborhood with absolutely no decent accommodations
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Sketchy long term residents. Urine scented. Street parking likely. Owner is a tweaker who went on a yelling tirade in the middle of the night after a bad trip. I was upgraded to the one room that they probably hustle people with after i complained of the one i initially got which had no deadbolt lock, no functional tv, no window screens and the door was broken.I decided to stay out all day to limit time spent here and when i arrived at about 11pm owner was not attending reception so guest were forced to wait for check in parking lot. Not sure if they actually checked in. When I arrived owner was also gone and reception was closed at about 4pm as well. I waited 30 min while he arrived. I knew it was all gonna be bad. But it was an emergency trip and it was the only room i could get under $150. Paid $115 and I would have been just as comfortable in my car sleeping on the street.

Do not stay here. If you do you will be in for a garbage stay.

No friendly staff
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

We came to the property a little early than when they said it was check in.(noon), I could understand that it was a little early (10:30 am),but first of all nobody was in the reception, we rang the bell for 15 min. Then a lady came and said that check in was at 12. We asked her if we please could have any of the rooms that she already cleaned, cuz we could see them( not too many and facing out to the road). She barely spook english and didn't help us. We wait till 12:20 because nobody was in the reception( the owner, lady's son), was sleeping in the room next door. The place inside was clean enough but the bed was very uncomfortable and the covers were dirty. The tv plug was stick up with tape so unsafe. After all not worth the money we paid 149$ for a night!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

No refunds allowed at this site.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Could not cancel my reservation because of an accident a week before I was to leave for this stay. No refund or partial refund. Not staying at this site in tge future

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Stay away from this one!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

A lot to dislike: lamps with a broken switch; mattress like sleeping on cardboard; unpainted, rusted railings; no one in front office; overpriced for quality of the hotel, etc. etc. etc.

The place was newly painted.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

When I left.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No coffeemaker old fashioned need to update the rooms. No phone ppl hanging out stairs dirty..Butts all over the ground..U had to pay 25 cents for ice..Lobby cluttered breakfast a pastry thrown on the counter no coffee made..In friendly too much money for the rooms..Queen size bed 2flat pillows..I was disappointed but I guess if ur homeless or hooking good place but rooms are cheap on line $42 in person $60-$75 really?

When I left..And the Mom who wasn't the manager but she did help she was sweet..

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

It lacked several basic amenities, such as there was no...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

It lacked several basic amenities, such as there was no trash can anywhere in the room, no window screen to safely open your window and no light bulbs in any of the lamps. The TV only played one station and there was a light outside so bright it made it difficult to sleep.

Bad
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything the tv didn't work nor did it have a remote and the wifi kept breaking down. Found a metal bat in our room.the room was already open for any one to go in. Too small of parking lot and beds were not comfortable the lamps too close to the bed for head to hit it.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Very disappointing
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

There was hair in shower. Shower took 10 minutes to turn on,and had to get staff to turn off with tool. Also had to hook up cable box myself. Staff very rude.

Location great

Horrible Experience!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was extremely run down. All the furniture was cracked or chipped to the point that I was afraid to have my children play in the room in fear of injury. Booking.com stated that "breakfast" was included in our rate. Well breakfast was pastries and coffee...that's all. The hotel operator was literally high. He charged me $85 first and then realized our rate was $111 and charged me again. We could smell weed in our room which was right next to the offices' backroom. I would never recommend it or return. VERY disappointed. I didn't let me children step foot in the room. We were so uncomfortable that we ended up finding a room at the Travelodge down the street WITHOUT receiving a refund from the Economy Inn.

Nothing at all.

The blanket cover smells of old body odor and the actual...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The blanket cover smells of old body odor and the actual blanket under had 2 circular stains on it.

Very poor service .room was not clean .no trash can inside room
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great for the money paid

Dated motel

Very clean and comfortable... Good coffee ..friendly staff ..close to tourist sites. ..I would stay again if I passing

It was disgusting. No soap. No cups. No bucket for ice. No ice machine. Dirty. Rude staff

Everything.

The air conditioning.

I would never stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room

hole in spread and too much outside light coming in the room. Too much noise from outside

2.5 rating is generous.

bad and uncomfortable

everything

nothing it was a very dirty place that I will never go again, the owner does not take care of the property.

Got scammed and it almost ruined our trip.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Total scam and I was charged twice and had to fight the charge.

Scumy
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No soap, place seemed dirty, fridge didn't work

I looked for inexpensive place to stay for one night and this is what it was.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

It was noisy, both by guests outside the room, and occasional street noise.

Competitive price.

never ever will stay in a place like this

the bed

it was a hell

Uncomfortable
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress was terrible, on a slope. TV didn’t work, room was dirty!!!

No breakfast even said so :-(

No breakfast even said so :-(

What you pay is what you get !

Parking

Breakfast was a prepackaged danish

Breakfast was a prepackaged danish

I DO NOT recommend it at all!

Employee

Nothing!!!!

The friendly staff and convenient drive to everything

The friendly staff and convenient drive to everything

I won't go back
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I gave them cash. I didn't get my change back. Was not a safe place. Alot of noise.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Would stay there again

nothing, it was great

location and cost

The Management was very kind and helpful.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

My stay was Satisfactory. For me quite and pleasant.

Nothing in mind at this time.

The tv remote in my room did not work!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The tv remote in my room did not work!! I had to physically turn the volume up and down manually.

no t alot
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

no hot water in the evenings or tv...bed spreads had cig burns

no t alot

Don't go there.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No hot water, fire Alam started chirping at 2-3 AM and continued through the night. Carpet was dirty. Loose tiles and mold.

Close to Monterey

Ok for price
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Stain on the carpet, room smelt of cigarettes

Close to restaurants

Do NOT stay here!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No hot water in the room! Had to plug my own TV in! No parking. Shall I continue? I'll be contesting the credit card charge.

How is this motel still in business?
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

TV was broken. Room was in disrepair but usable.

Worst hotel i stayed at, in the US.

Great Price..!

Everything was ok

The price..!

Lousy Area

Lousy Area

Lobby and service needs improvements.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby and service needs improvements. Room was not clean enough.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

It was okay but probably won't be going back.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The price, old fashioned TV's & especially the breakfast!

The remodeled bathroom

our host was friendly and helpful

our host was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Poor value for money paid
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is coffee and a cake only. Smell of cooking near office.

Close to beach restaurant.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

I've traveled to many places, stayed at many cheap...

I've traveled to many places, stayed at many cheap budget inns and this has to be the worst inn I've ever been to in my whole entire life. The room was smelly and disgusting. When we arrived at our room, there were piles of smelly trash at our doorstep. To make matters worse, the wifi was not working and when we tried to address the issue with the manager in a respectful manner, he became rude, combative and stated he will lend us his internet USB chip, but we'll have to return it back to the office within an hour since it is the only usb in the whole hotel. Are you kidding me?!?! The last time I checked, people generally use the internet for more than than an hour for many reasons. He also insisted that that he will not grant any compensation and rudely stated to use the Starbucks across the street for free wifi. Why should we have to do all that when we could be browsing the internet in the privacy of our own room?!?! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WAS ADVERTISED THAT THERE WILL BE FREE WIFI ON MY RESERVATION RECEIPT!! Mind you, the "free wifi" sign was also posted on the door in the front office!!! Oh and it gets even worse, we had cold showers, YES, cold showers!! There was no hot water at all. & if you want to watch TV, forget it! The TV's color hue was so dark, you can't even enjoyably watch anything. Also, you can't even adjust the display settings on the TV. On top of all this, the manager actually came up to our window late at night, asking us if we need our windows closed...So creepy and intrusive. Never coming back!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2016

It was in the process of being updated I believe, at least...

I just wish it was updated for the price I paid for the rooms.

It was in the process of being updated I believe, at least the managers apartment was. So maybe it'll be all brand new soon, however the rooms are pretty Outdated and it smelled like strongly scented tanning lotion in my room. There was also a big grease smudge and a giant hair stuck to my table that I could see in the light

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

No lock on the room door, Crap on the toilet definitely over...

No lock on the room door, Crap on the toilet definitely over priced at $100/ night. !!!NOT KID APPROPRIATE!!! Disabled parking blocked Regular parking limited. DONT EXPECT BREAKFAST, there is none.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The room appeared clean and walls looked like they had new...

Everything was very run down: tv had broken buttons, curtain rod askew, no screen in window, carpet and furniture looked old, just a single sheet over the mattress (no mattress cover), bar lock missing on door. The parking lot is very small and hard to get in and out of. Suspicious people hanging around.

The room appeared clean and walls looked like they had new paint.

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.