2. USA hotel reviews
  3. New York State hotel reviews
  4. New York City hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Edison Times Square

Reviews of Hotel Edison Times Square This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

228 West 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036, United States of America

#358 of 423 hotels in New York City

5.6

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Great location. Rooms need a referb.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

No kettle or facilities for making tea or coffee. Bath had all the surface of the ceramic coming off so could not have a bath. When showering the bath would not drain even though the plug was not in, took 15 minutes to drain. We could not regulate the air-conditioning unit, which would suddenly start making noises in the middle of the night.

Great location, comfortable bed. Fresh water in room each day. Lobby and lounge area were beautiful. Jazz bar downstairs was fantastic!

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

We love staying there because of the proximity to Times...
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

We chose a single queen room this time and it was claustrophobically small, the walls were stark white, no pictures, the bathroom was smaller than your average retail store stall and included a shower and sink. I guess it was worth it for the price ($275 plus tax) but probably won’t book it again.

We love staying there because of the proximity to Times Square.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

• Classic 1 King Bed

Water took along time to heat up in shower.

Location. Location. Location. They staff was great. Went to drop off the bags and gave access to the room way before check in.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Location!
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Street side rooms are too noisy—-mechanical noises of garbage trucks, metal on metal, no rhythm to adjust for sleeping.

Location! In house restaurants

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

absolutely wonderful experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Absolutely nothing, don't change a thing. I like it the way it is operated. So don't fix it if it ain't broke.

I have stayed at Hotel Edison since 1986 and I have always gotten top notch service with expertise employees who are always wanting to help and please. I could write a book about Hotel Edison and (now) Friedman's restaurant and the many, many fun times I have stayed there. And yes, I know it is now owned by Trump Hotels, Inc. which was a good move. Hotel Edison, DOES NOT need to change a thing for me and I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Don’t stay here the SHINING hotel is more cleaner No Mold...
    • Classic 1 King Bed

Don’t stay here the SHINING hotel is more cleaner No Mold and rude manager! No heat and sold out king updated beds and gave us a room fit for Alcatraz! Won’t stay again was upgraded to another room I wanted half my money back was our third room chosen..cause of my Valid Complaint with Booking.com and management saw pictures..they check me out early on the last day! They are the rudest ever in New York I’ve stayed from Brooklyn to upper west side Hotel never again and a DOG shouldn’t stay HERE! Last year the Wellington was better we wanted to be closer few blocks to time square is noisy not worth it! Next time stay at the Wellington better more professional and NO MOLD! Plus you’ll get your room YOU BOOKED not 2 queens for a King ! I’ve been to Vegas over 30 years they switch you if not happy with a room but its NOT sold out the freakin room you booked it’s a trash can hotel for rats room to stay with mold! The good update rooms Vegas is better and other New York hotel MORE CLASSY and Management not a bully!

certain rooms need upgrading
    • Classic 1 King Bed

room was outdated and not functioning well. Staff had to move us due to no hot water and a clogged tub drain the new room had sparse wifi and the hot water was spitting out violently the check in line was crazy but maybe the time of year

Location, location, location...
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

Room on 21st floor had a persistent sound in the AC unit which was annoying. Maintence was responsive to our call but was we were informed that it was part of the overnight system. Something to do with pressure. I wonder if it is the higher floors as we had no concern with this on the fourth floor.Excellent lo

Location is tremendous for theater. Hotel staff was pleasant and room was serviced early each day, as we like it.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

For the huge amount of many we paid i expected basic things to work
    • Classic 1 King Bed

There was no working wifi in the room From day one we claimed and opened a case with all the details. The external customer service tried to fix the problem with no luck and had NO wifi in the hotel room for the 4 days i been in the hotel. I had 1 laptop and 2 iphones, and non of them succeed to reach and work using the wifi while we were in the room (the laptop worked for short period of time), most of the time i had to use my 3G on my phone and share the internet using it as hot spot to the other phone and laptop - Truly disappointing! Beside that, in our room (1643), there was low water pressure of the bath shower. (Pretty disturbing when you have long or lot of hair making difficult to wash it with so low pressure). We made also the claim and when the technician came he said that this are the facilities and there is nothing to do.

Location, bed and room dimensions (I booked a King bed room)

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Beautiful and charming, and great staff, but has gotten out of our price range
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

Very disappointed in the price. Hotel is showing it"s age. Paint was chipped in the room, bathroom was tiny, although slightly larger in Signature room we stayed in 2014. There is nothing you can do about the exchange rate, which was ridiculous, but all the extra fees and taxes, on top of an already high room rate, has made us want to check out other hotels next time, as much as we love the Edison.

Love that there is great security at the elevators. Perfect location. Great decor.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

too expensive
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

the room was dingy, the hotel was dingy and it was hideously crowded in the lobby area all the time. I appreciate that it is in a "prime" location but this was way way way overpriced at over $400 per night. The aircon was way too loud

The beds were comfy

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

The hotel was old and not kept up.

See above

The hotel was old and not kept up. Bathroom ceiling was peeling, tile was missing in some areas, carpet was worn and stained, lots of street noise. Always crowded in lobby area like a bus had unloaded a lot of passengers. On a good note, it was well located. For the money, it should have been more updated.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Good central option but spoiled by uncomfortable bed & disturbed sleep.
    • Junior Suite 1 King Bed

Bed was very uncomfortable, saggy sides and lumpy centre. Coffee machine broke on second day and never replaced (breakfast vouchers offered to compensate) Disturbed sleep due to continuous noise of vehicles in street below loading/unloading very early every morning (3.30 am to 6.30 am)- in spite of requesting a quiet room. The seventh floor was not high enough to avoid the noise!

Location was great, just off Times Square

Wouldn't stay there again
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

I was very disappointed with the quality of the room. The room was not only outdated but disgusting. The tub was in terrible condition, the floors were dirty, furniture was bad. Did not feel comfortable there.

The location, staff was friendly but that's about it.

Expensive with arrogant staff
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

The staff was unpleasant (except for cleaning ladies who always smiled and said hello). The carpets are old and dirty and worn out. It is expensive and not worth the money.

the Location is convenient.

The room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

We could hear a boiler or something like it noising all night so it was very difficult to sleep & i had a headache every morning from it.

The room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Would definitely recommend this hotel
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

rooms were definitely in need of refurb had to change a few times understand refurb is in progress

Staff were great, beds comfortable location fantastic

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Excellent location, great staff. Would definitely go back.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

My only criticism would be that I requested a kettle but did not get one. I like a coffee first thing in the morning without having to get up and dressed to go out and get one.

Staff were friendly, very helpful and efficient. Hotel location is excellent, literally around the corner from the red steps in Times Square, and just a very short walk from 8th avenue with an array of restaurants and eateries. Close to the subways, tour bus stops and a short walk to the Port Authority bus station, but would recommend a cab (cost just $6/7) if you have suitcases. Rooms are very clean and tidied daily.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

The location was brilliant.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

The location was brilliant. It’s a 1 minute walk to Times Square. The newly refurbished rooms were really nice. Before we arrived we requested one of the newly refurbished rooms which was accepted but when we turned up we were given one of the old rooms (not worth the money you are paying in my opinion) the staff were quick to move us rooms.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Great location but room not as good
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

Mouse trap found in room under heater, looked like it had been there for a long time. Lighting in room was poor and room noisey from traffic ( we no this can’t be helped) Room was very dated and not like pictures on site, just felt underwhelmed.

Location was perfect for our first time in New York. We was getting married in Central Park and was close and easy to get to. Friendly staff, and huge thank you to Melissa on the front desk for helping on the morning of our wedding.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Large bedroom, nice location but room very outdated.

Room needs upgrading

Large bedroom, nice location but room very outdated. wall paper flaking, sink mixer tap was not working. Closet door couldn't close.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

If I come back to New York this is where I would stay again!
    • Accessible Queen Guest Room

For the price I paid, I would of liked to of had one of the more modern rooms as the old ones are run down, although clean and tidy.

Hotel is in a great location. Easy to get about and find you’re way back if you are a first timer here, very friendly staff and cleaner comes every day.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Perfect place - next to Times Square. Room so so.
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

Room overheated. Horrible view from window on technical devices on roof. Breakfest unavailable - bar was overcrowded.

Very professional personel. Perfect location.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

The location was fabulous.
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

Being in the centre of everything, it was a little noisy - but that didn't bother us because the location was so good. You can't expect to be located in Times Square without a little noise.

The location was fabulous. Walk out the door and you are right at Times Square. The staff were very friendly and our room was very large and clean.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

A good deal at a great location.
    • Signature 1 King Bed

The bathroom was a bit stinky with the smell of the sewer coming out of the shower drain. Given other reviews I’d seen, I brought a can of Lysol with me, which helped a bit. Also kept bathroom door closed which helped a lot. Did find one large cockroach.

The location is great. Close to everything we wanted to visit. We got vouchers for free breakfast because they didn’t have the king room I reserved. Room was quite big for New York! The staff was pretty friendly. Did not have an issue with anyone. Security was very good by the elevators. We felt safe. Free breakfast was quite good. Plenty of food. Note: this was a signature room so it had been renovated. The lobby was also nice. All in all a good deal and a great location.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Great location shame about he Hotel itself
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

Room was small and needs updating had to move rooms upon arrival due to noise from a generator. No tea / coffee making facilities in room had to ask for a kettle which after chasing eventually did arrive.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

It met my expectations for great location and art deco design. I would stay again.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Noise was extreme, on 12th floor. I expected traffic noise but construction noise and noise in hallways very loud.

Friedman and Bond 45 had great food with decent prices. Service at both great.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Thank you for a good experience the HoteNice atmosphere, lovely staff, facilities could be improved.
    • Accessible 2 Queen Guestroom

The standard of the room was poor, paintwork flaking on the ceiling, the heating was hard to control, we were cold the first two nights and got an extra blanket. The hot water was only tepid and we got an engineer to fix it after a couple of days. When I returned to my room to collect my bags before checking out (before the checkout time) I was locked out of the room and had to return to reception twice with the key to clear it. This did not work. I then phoned reception (a very nice member of the cleaning staff helped me to phone from telephone at the lifts. Security staff came and opened the door, it took almost half an hour for me to get back into the room.

The bed was very comfortable The location is fantastic The staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Not pleased
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

I was not pleased with the hotel overall. The rooms need to be upgraded and I know that the building is old, but the squeaking sound from the heater/radiator caused a troubled sleep during my time there. Lastly,charging to hold luggage is not professional especially when you are charging the amount you're charging per night. For the amount charged,the hotel did not meet my expectations and I will not return in the future.

The hallways and the lobby

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

• Accessible Queen Guest Room

They didn’t serve the compliment breakfast and they had a handicap room ready for me I never ordered that

Nice Place !
    • Accessible Queen Guest Room

my only complaint about the stay was no matter what i did, my room (1200) stayed HOT. when i got into my room the thermostat read 87°F, i tried turning on the AC and set it to 67° and opened the windows but it didnt get any lower than 78°, I guess the only reason i slept kinda comfortably was that the windows were open and it was a cold night.

It was a pleasant place, very beautiful and the location was close to just about everything. I liked that the place had security. The rooms themselves were pretty and comfortable. the bathroom was pretty and had good lighting. It's a stand up shower squeezed into the bathroom but it was still nice.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Good location but need updating
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

We had to move room because the first one as paint peeling off the ceiling wall and bath

Lovely chambermaid.
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

Mm...just a couple of little things eg messing with wifi too much...also I know we paid for Times Squ location but last yr just round corner fm ESB and much better value

Lovely chambermaid...beautiful rec...comf rooms

• Classic 1 King Bed

Everything else , some not all staff were rude, first room was so dated & shabby we got moved 2nd room we had no sleep in 4 days due to central heating noise was constant !!

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The location is amazing and it was clean
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

The staff are very rude especially Carla who is supposed to be a manager she certainly shouldn’t be a manager as she has no people skills the only nice one on the desk was Sam he should be made manager and the maids were lovely too

The location is amazing and it was clean

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Being unable to sleep will ruin any trip.
    • Signature 1 Queen Bed

The front desk staff was disinterested and unfriendly. The HVAC unit in the room would run the heat even when it was off and rattled all night long. I called maintenance and was told it was normal. The bed was uncomfortable, the linens where too light and felt cheap.

The location was good. The restaurants in the hotel were good. Everyone on the housekeeping staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

• Accessible Queen Guest Room

There was no personal touch. It was my husband's 60th birthday and they left a voucher for 2 free Free drinks and a teddy(don T want to sound ungrateful but what does a 60 year old man want with a Teddy. We asked for 2 champagne flutes because virgin gave him a bottle of champagne on flight to enjoy when we arrived and staff refused to give us. NOT IMPRESSED I have to say

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Dissapointing.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Our bedroom was dirty and damp. We couldn’t change the first night as the hotel was full. Next day we were moved to a room as small, dirty and shabby, we were eventually moved to another room equally small and shabby but cleaner. Though we’d had to leave our bags at 11 with the conseierge and not check back in until 3pm. Totally unacceptable for the price we paid through booking.com.

The jazz club and attached restaurant. The beds were super comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

We liked everything about this hotel.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Nothing to complain about it.

We liked everything about this hotel. No complains about anything. And the location is wonderful! Right at Time Square. Simply the best.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Great visit but a bit let down by the hotel
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

Room was changed 3 times and still very small compared to previous stays Room stuffy and hot and very small Was previously a much better value for money hotel

Location excellent Staff very knowledgeable and welcoming Bobby on the door brilliant as usual

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Good pre cruise stay
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Customer service after check in- front desk does NOT answer there phones! More seating required in lobby.

Location was awesome.Close to time square and theatres and shops. Security requested key card in elevator area. Raining - Umbrella included.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Made the trip to NY even better!
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

It was a little loud outside and the windows couldn't block out all of the sound but that's also what I get for staying near Times Square.

I loved the location, the friendly staff, the amazing design of the hotel and the size of the rooms. I was very comfortable and had a fabulous stay. I will definitely return!

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Great Location, Awful Hotel.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Rude staff and the rooms were horrific. Duct Tape to hold carpets in place, a bathroom smaller than a shed including the mould and black stains.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Interesting old hotel in a fantastic position near Times Square and Broadway. Safe neighbourhood.
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

The old bath was in need of resurfacing, however it did function quite well. The bathroom was tiny and seemed to have no ventilation. The mattresses on both beds were saggy on one side. despite this the beds were comfortable for one person.

A stunning old hotel in a fabulous position close to Times Square and Broadway. The rooms are small and the bathrooms need upgrading, but the foyer and downstairs are stunning and beautifully done. A good all day restaurant on site and lots of good places to eat nearby.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Good location, but the issues with the room put a damper on our experience there.
    • Signature 1 Queen Bed

Flashing neon signs while sleeping from nearby Times Square. The bedroom carpet was dirty, there was mold on the ceiling above the air conditioner, could not regulate the temperature of the room well. The thermostat may be out of order. Reported all this to the front desk.

The location was nice. The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

The availability of a good restaurant in the lobby was a...
    • Signature 1 King Bed

The availability of a good restaurant in the lobby was a great perk! I stayed during a suddenly bad winter storm and I wasn't able to get home. The comfort and security I got in Hotel Edison was a much welcoming feeling.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Location is absolutely amazing as 47th really provides...
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

I appreciate its Times Square so the noise outside is expected by the paper thin walls meant the noise inside wasn’t great either. Also for the $1,050 we paid for four nights I would have expected tea/coffee facilities in the room.

Location is absolutely amazing as 47th really provides access to everything with Times Square I’m your doorstep and subways to anywhere you like as well as a bar in the hotel and one or two very close by. If you want to see a snow then there are a number of broadway theaters within walking distance also. Staff were helpful but typical New Yorkers so don’t expect too much from them. The gym was quite useful for me as was the vending machine and free water each day. Maids were excellent too.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

It's location.
    • Signature 1 Queen Bed

I find the $100 a bit high. Many hotels have much cost friendlier deposits. Specially me staying for just 1 night, having to put in a $100 was a bit much.

It's location. The cleanliness and coziness of its rooms. New rooms, you could tell the maintenance and cleaning that goes into them.

5 nights in November
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

The location can bring a lot of noise given it’s close proximity to Times Square. Didn’t have a view of the Square from my room but could see the lights, as they were on all night making the room bright blue. No curtains in the room, only blinds so it wasn’t ideal. Stayed on the 4th floor and the rooms were old and run down. Place was clean but furniture was so old, it was sometimes hard to tell. The higher floors seemed much newer and renovated. Heard a few other people on our floor (and the 3rd floor) with the same opinion. Didn’t spend a lot of time in the room so it was ok. However not sure I’d book again for another visit. Given the location and price, this hotel is ideal for anyone who is sightseeing and will be out for most of the day.

The property is in a good location, right beside tickets booth on Times Square. Was one of the cheaper options I found for the 5 night stay in November. Hotel lobby is lovely. Hotel has 2 restaurants and a rum bar. One restaurant is very popular for breakfast and does a decent breakfast (albeit not cheap). Restaurant for dinner was also popular. Decent dinner but again not cheap. Hotel room included some nice touches like bottled water every day (very handy) and an umbrella (useful as it rained for 2 days of our stay). Staff were all lovely and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

The beds were comfortable.
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

The bathroom was EXTREMELY SMALL, older building not sound proofed. There was outside street work with “reverse beeping” vehicles all night. Night tables were not too clean..,

The beds were comfortable. The elevators were quick, the staff was very nice, attached restaurant was good- we had a great breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Excellent stay. It made pour weekend in the city that much more enjoyable.
    • Classic 1 King Bed

Only thing I didn't like was the heating system in the room was very noisy. Had a hard time sleeping every time it kicked on.

Awesome hotel. Awesome location. Our stay here was a very nice experience. I would absolutely stay there again. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting New York city.

Ok Central hotel.
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

Small room, couldn't change the heating and the room was too hot. No views from the window. We could hear people talking outside our door constantly. Too expensive for what you get.

Central hotel with easy access to Central Park and some other sights.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Location was good ! Hotel not so !!
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

The room !!! bathroom to small no coffee machine furnishing where very tired ! In definitate need of referbisment Carpet very worn ( room 551 ) curtains hanging off ! Windows dirty .

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Great Hotel, Perfect for attending NYC Theaters.
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

Our room had two queen sized beds. These along with the two bedside tables and desk that held the coffee maker made for a cramped space when adding people and their luggage. I know that space is a premium in NYC; we could have done without one of the bedside tables.

For the hustle and bustle of Mid-town New York City, the quietness of the room was very much appreciated. The simplicity of the room also added to the mellow vibe of the building. Though the bathroom was small and compact the design layout felt as if it were a full size bathroom.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Would definitely stay again (but request a higher up floor for street noise). Would recommend!
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

Originally put in a third floor room looking out onto the street which was fine, however I hardly slept due to the close proximity of the street and waste collections etc that are done through the night. Stuck it out for a second night but it was the same. Spoke to reception and they were happy to move our room and it was even better!

Fantastic location, so central. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice looking hotel. Lovely room on the 20th floor - with a view!

Needs updating
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

Definitely needs updating. Very shabby. The bathtub was very old. I was afraid to shower in it. Good thing I was only there one night.

Depending on what you have to do in the city, is very good location. Great old deco details, but the shabbiness compromises what might have been charming.

Perfect location for Time Square stay
    • Classic 1 King Bed

Perfect location for Times Square visit. Christine Lin “Guest Relations Ambassador” was awesome. She went out of her way to make this birthday trip special. I look forward to my return visit.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Hotel location was very good; public areas of the hotel were very nice; room was disappointing!
    • Junior Suite 1 King Bed

The room was very disappointing and dated. There were obvious scratches on the paint. There was only one bedside locker. The storage/wardrobe area was unlit and dingy. The bathroom was functional but very small and got very hot after someone showering in there. We booked the room for three people and whilst the sofa bed was adequate to sleep on, when it was opened out there was no room to walk around it!! THE ROOM IS TOO SMALL FOR THREE PEOPLE!!

Location was excellent. Lobby and bar area very nicely decorated and welcoming. Bond 45 is a significant addition to the facilities of the hotel. Business centre was very handy for printing off our boarding passes.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Location, size of room, excellent staff.
    • Signature Family Room

It is really really busy, just know what to expect. Overall nothing to complain! It is a rare find in Times Square.

Location, size of room, excellent staff.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

We had a great time in New York, but are unlkely to stay at Edison again
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

The first two rooms we were allocated were not up to standard - they were quite scruffy and 'tired' looking - certainly the décor needed upgrading within the rooms. The building façade looked like it was undergoing some improvement and I hope that this is extended to the rooms

The staff were helpful and sought to resolve the issues we had. The room we were upgraded to was adequate and fulfilled our expectations. It's well located but on the periphery of the smarter elements of Times Square

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Was not familiar with the hotel prior to my stay, but was very happy. Would recommend and stay again
    • Classic 2 Queen Beds

this sounds strange, but we really could have used a towel ring/bar at the bathroom sink to hang a hand towel. And maybe another shelf in the bathroom.

Location was good, price was reasonable for NYC. Liked the helpful staff.

Excellent stay
    • Signature 2 Queen Beds

They are still remodeling and use a paint that have strong odor. Need to put something to kill the odor.

My second stay. The renovations are great. Have a problem with my reservation but they give me excellent option. The room was better than last year. Beds perfect. The new restaurant is excellent. Hig price ,but the plate is full. I have breakfast and not hungry until late. Location excellent. Less than 1min to times square.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

The venue was adjacent to Times Square-excellent, with free happy hour and walking tours provided.
    • Signature 1 Queen Bed

There was a "problem" with our room upon check-in and the staff opted to put us in a very old, unrenovated room with a bathroom not fit for your worst enemy, at the same price, with bonus breakfast vouchers. We advised we wouldn't stay in the room as the bathroom appeared unsanitary, and they moved us to a room which was better than what we booked. But we had to vacate the next morning, leave our luggage with the concierge until 3pm and then recheck into our room. This was a large inconvenience, especially when the concierge wanting a tip for collecting our bags that were stored because of the hotel's fault and not our own! This left a bad taste in our mouth and did affect our enjoyment of this hotel.

The location and ease of travel within Manhattan from a central hotel location was enough to justify the stay in this hotel.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Adequate for overnight, but I wouldn't want to stay much longer than that.
    • Accessible 2 Queen Guestroom

The interior of the room is dated, and it is a tight fit for three people. The entrance is quite narrow, and the bathroom very small. The bed was okay, but not the most comfortable I've slept in. We had some technical difficulty with the TV and the phone. We had to call the front desk by dialing the local number from a cell phone. However, we did get a quick response, and our problems were solved. The interior could definitely use a remodel. The entrance to the room is so tight, there is a dent in the bathroom door from being constantly hit by the front door.

The location was great!

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

I liked the position of the Hotel because it is located next...
    • Junior Suite 1 King Bed

I did'n like the condition of the rooms. The wallpapers are old and the rooms are not painted. It is very noisy from outside. The Bathroom could be in better condition.

I liked the position of the Hotel because it is located next to the Times square. Good connection to the subway as well as you can walk to everywhere from hotel. The restaurants are close as well as cafes.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Located in Times Square and clean.
    • Signature Family Room

We stayed in the signature family suite and the picture online didn’t match the rooms when we arrived. The carpet in the hallways are run down and have tape holding the seams together. But the rooms were clean.

Located in Times Square and clean.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

5.5
    Awesome location and decent rate but need to pr
    • Accessible Queen Guest Room

Bed and pillows were hard. Walls were so thin we couldn’t sleep, heater made loud rattling noises. No in room coffee or coffee in lobby!!

Location was perfect. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Lobby and decor were very nice. Free bottle of water.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Great location, needs a little updating.
    • Accessible Queen Guest Room

Loud old air conditioner, crack on bathroom door, no vent or ac in bathroom so was very hot, hair dryer not fit for long hair, large gap under door to room.

Location, cleanliness, great power shower, plenty of room for clothes and shopping

Horrible
    • Classic 1 King Bed

A very used room in every aspect... worn carpets.... horrible mattress that was bent in the middle and had no support anymore.... poor heating/cooling system that made too much noise.... and rooms where you. Oils hear every person walking by

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Loved it, hotel, staff, restaurants, location all great!
    • Classic 1 King Bed

Only thing I didn't like was that the room was too hot and when we lowered the thermostat the heat was still the same...

I liked everything... excellent location...hotel had a very old school new york vibe that I loved about it.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

The heating in the room was not working.
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

The heating in the room was not working. We didn ' t have proper blanket . After two days I had to go myself to get the blanket at the front desk. We spent two night in a really cold room.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

The suite was amazing
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

The recepcionist Juliete was super kind all the time and she gave us an excellent suite with views to time square, very spacious and clean. Also it has an incredible big and confortable bed and a big terrace (on the 21 floor!). The bedroom and the hotel offers you a pleasant and exciting stay. There is a bar on the ground floor with live music and it is near everything, perfect to walk around at night without worrying to be late, very safe. The decoration of the hotel is super elegant and arte decó. The hotel Edison has a lot of history if you read about it.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Very disappointed and very bad value for money
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

The bedroom was dated and ruined our stay. The carpet was worn and grubby. The furniture was horrible and was like sometsomething from the 1920s. The drawers freaked and we couldn't get a good sleep with the noisy air conditioning. There was no shower mat and when I asked for one at reception they said they didn't do them. The bathroom was scruffy and tiny This was our third time to stay at this hotel and will be our last. The room was like something out of a cheap motel.

The restaurants

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Overall, very Nice!
    • Classic 1 Queen Bed

$35.00 cost for Transportation from Edison to Newark Airport is a bit of a ripoff, since Go AirLink (who you used) is only $17.50. That's quite mark up!

Your personnel were very nice, well trained and very helpful. Great location.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Great location!
    • Junior Suite 1 King Bed

Sofa bed was very uncomfortable and the room wasn't very clean.

Great location!!! Literally 10 seconds from Times Square. Loads of nearby bars and restaurants in all directions.

We Price Match