Reviews of El Camino Inn 2 stars

7525 Mission Street, Daly City, CA 94014, USA

#5 of 14 hotels in Daly City

6.0
    Suited what we wanted and expected as our prime reason was for easy transport into San Francisco .
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

Very old fashioned and dated decor making the room rather uninviting. Old carpeting which gave the impression of not being very clean.

Good sized room but we had 2 double beds in it . Very good position for visiting San Francisco by public transport. Good Mexican restaurant opposite motel. Good Parking. Pleasant if small breakfast room. Good adequate breakfast .

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Close to the bart station
    • Queen Room

The bathroom was really dirty, the shower had dirt and unknown substances up the shower walls. The toilet leaked . The carpet was wet and dirty .

Close to the bart station

Good price
    • Queen Room

Tiny bathroom with no place to put anything. The breakfast room is NOTHING like in the picture shown on this review where you pick a picture. It was tiny and rather dingy looking.

It was clean and the people running it were very pleasant

Cleanliness was perfect
    • Queen Room

Breakfast. If you say that breakfast included to the price than you must serve more choices. Maybe some bagels, waffles, hot water and tea.

Cleanliness was perfect

All ok
    • Queen Room

Nothing was "very bad", in fact everything was all alright. But this could have been any other place too. There is nothing to give the place its own style or feeling of being even slightly different. The breakfast is always a nice touch but skip the coffee. It tastes like water. The area where the inn is located has nothing interesting at all. In the dark hours it felt a little scary even.

El Camino inn has everything one needs. Nothing more, nothing less. The room was clean and the staff were nice. Everything was alright and we didn't experience any trouble. Good for a night or two. Easy to get to from the Airport and city centre, although a bit far from SF. Close to a Bart station:)

Updated motel.
    • Queen Room

No hair dryer. No A/C. Trash truck pickup multiple times per week on the property at 6:30 am is very loud.

Updated motel. Clean & beds were comfortable. Microwave & fridge. Bathroom small but clean & updated sink/shower with good water flow. Plenty free parking. Maids available thru the afternoon.

Bad stay.
    • Queen Room

All the corners and sides of the rooms carpet were filled with dirt and debree. Our feet were colored black after walking barefoot. The grilles and jambs of the windows were absolutely filthy and disgusting, especially in the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, it was definitely the worst part, window very gross,and the flushing lever of the toilet itself was all dirty and rusty or something, it was just revolting. The bed itself was clean, that's about the only good part. Absolutely not worth the money in a million years.

Clean bed. Yes it was clean and the only good part.

Good location in Daly City, but bring a fan
    • Queen Room

Warm-bodied that I am, the lack of an AC had me rely on all windows open and to bear the sounds of traffic in the morning. Sure it is normally cold outside, but the walls are well insulated and the wind doesn't always move in the direction of the room's position.

Location is fairly close to areas to get food and/or transportation. And the room had a good mini fridge to store my fruits!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Overall, we were very happy with our stay. We will stop there again.
    • Room with Two Double Beds

The exterior door needs weatherization - I think the door shoe was missing. The handle on the shower door came off.The walls were cracked in some places.

Traveling with small children,I've had 3 things on my expectations list: free parking,decent breakfast and a microwave inside the room.Bingo! The staff is super friendly and the location is very convenient.

It was ok.
    • Room with Two Double Beds

The area is kinda sketchy. The front office check in was always locked and you had to be buzzed in even during daylight hours which didn’t make me feel safe upon arrival especially with 2 children. The room and restroom did not have good ventilation and smelled funny. There is no a/c but there is a window you can open but don’t recommend sleeping with it open. The shower had left over soap that was used, gross. The rug in the room was filthy and had a huge stain. I don’t recommend walking bare foot in the room. Beds were hard. There are no hair dryers or irons in the room but you can get them at the front desk.

The room was ok. It met our needs to sleep and pricing was the cheapest we could find near San Francisco on Booking.com

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good location, value for money.
    • Queen Room

I have some doubts about cleanliness of the room, but it is actually my only concern about this motel. Since there is a refrigerator in the room, it would be nice to have a microwave oven there, too. Breakfast is not too impressive, you have to be creative to make it a good meal.

Easy check-in and check-out process. The fact that breakfast, although with very limited options, is provided, is comforting. Friendly staff. Good location - 6 minutes on foot to Colma Bart station - convenient way to get either to/from airport or to San Francisco. Easy drive, too. Fridge in the room, TV, coffee maker, enough space to store your belongings. Private bathroom is a plus, considering it is not easy to find a room with one in San Francisco itself.

Poor say in damp room
    • Queen Room

Room was dulll and had damp all around. Didn’t realise the carpet was soaking until I picked up my clothes which were soaking wet. Needed to buy some for the day ahead as I only stayed for 1 Night. I was asked for passport to check in as driving license was not good enough also on check in I was not informed about breakfast or times to eat.

Free parking

Cozy and serviceminded
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

Tiny bathrooms and old interior. Breakfast was marginal and had to remind them about coffee and fruit. 5 chairs for breakfast to all of the guests.

Cozy and serviceminded

Staff very friendly, is a good value and location
    • Queen Room

The mini refrigerator was cleaned but had a horrible odor inside, couldn’t use it. The tv didn’t work and the WiFi was not working as well

Staff very friendly, is a good value and location

Need remodeling
    • Queen Room

The room was too small, carpet really dirty, no air circulation, no AC no fan ,the bed was terrible, I could fill the spring on my back all night long, and too expensive for what they offer. We stayed on 4th July 2018 to 8th of July

I didn't like anything on this room

I would never stay here again. If I spent $25 more per night I could have stayed at a luxury inn.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

The refrigerator in my room was really a freezer. The phone is out of service; I had to call the front desk from my cell to its cell. The microwave required special treatment. The free breakfast was a disappointment. The exterior is in bad repair. I need to check, but I believe I was charged significantly than the amount from Booking.com.

The housekeeping staff were friendly, accommodating to our crazy hours and the sheets and towels were clean.

Very disappointing and I didn't feel safe at all.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

The room was dingy. The smoke alarm was missing only wires exposed hanging from the ceiling. The front Window was seriously cracked. There were what looked like blood stains on the drapes.

No Breakfast.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

That should give my money back it was wrong of them to keep my money I payed $100 extra because I payed in cash.

No Breakfast.Thay would not give my 100dollars back thay said the room smelt smoke but we smoked outside Ash tray right out side my door and there was a little dog hair by the door..that would not give my money back.Iwill never go back.

Clean place with nice staff. Great for walking to BART station to get into San Francisco centre.
    • Queen Room

I didn't feel totally relaxed in the area but it was good value for money compared to expensive San Francisco hotels.

We spent two nights here whilst visiting San Francisco. Room was dated but clean and comfortable. Really pleasant friendly owners. Continental Breakfast was served in a small room but we were happy to just take it back to our room anyway. Really convenient to walk to BART station.

You get what you paid
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

I believe it is overpriced. Despite of its proximity to BART (train station), the quality and facilities of this hotel does NOT make it worth more than $120 per night.

It takes me 10 mins walking from Colma BART station, with my checked baggage. I like its proximity to public transportation.

A very warm welcome and a real breakfast.
    • Queen Room

Great customer service. Nothing was to much trouble. Very good range at breakfast, cereals, fruit, toast, cold milk and tea. Not just the usual coffee, muffins and heart-attack bars. Cosy and comfortable.

Toilet paper stuffed in many holes in walls and ceiling.
    • Queen Room

Toilet paper stuffed in many holes in walls and ceiling. Saw a huge spider leave the room. Construction or something in the room above us that kept us up all night

It was close to where we needed to be

It served its purpose in a high cost city.
    • Queen Room

1. Breakfast was marginal in its offerings. 2. No place to put toiletries in the bathroom.

Proximity to SFO airport. Excellent recommendation of “Naan n’ Curry” restaurant at the Serramonte shopping mall.

Hmmmm maybe too cheap
    • Queen Room

I had stayed at the property before, and it was owned by a different company. The maid service this time was slow, the carpeting was buckled, and the wifi kept having to wait for better signal quality. I know it's only a budget motel, but good lord pay attention to the details. Bathroom is clean, and carpeting was vacuumed. How do I know? Coz I returned to room at 2:30p and I was in room as maid be cleaned it. There you go.

Located near what I there for

Cheap...so you get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room

Not very clean. There was a swastika on the bathroom wall. I doubt the cleaning crew even saw it as it was behind the open door. Not very much lighting and no air conditioning/fan. Only open windows for fresh air which is not very safe at night. Bathroom window opens on to walkway so people passing by can look right in on you if you are showering or changing clothes. Bathroom extremely small and door does not "catch" to stay closed.

The hotel was an older well kept motel.
    • Queen Room

The hotel was an older well kept motel. It was better than some newer hotels with glossy photos. Make no mistake, it is an older motel but going in with that in mind I was happy with the condition and the manager was very attentive.

Goodbye, El Camino Inn. Wish the former owners were still there.
    • Queen Room

New owners seemed disorganized, had to correct overcharging me by paying me cash. Next door guests were disruptive, loud, rude. Overall my former favorite SFO hotel was so disappointing - after years of top-notch accommodations here - that we won’t be back.

Unfortunately nothing.

It was okay.
    • Room with Two Double Beds

Pictures on line was nothing like in real life. They dont allow service dog it would be good if they include it on the web page service dog is not the same as a pet.

Room was kept clean.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

shower head leaked, bathroom door stuck closed. wifi very difficult to stay connected, breakfast was a joke, folgers coffee, no hot water, pasteries in a bag, no jucie, don't put down that you have continental breakfast, this i factored into my decision to stay here. Heater when turned on smelled.

Room was kept clean.

Great customer service at front desk and freshly brewed coffee in the mornings.

Bed was too small

Close to the train station which made it awesome to get to downtown San Francisco. It was quiet and peaceful at night to get a goodnight sleep.

The entire property is very clean & awesome staff!

Nothing to complain about

I made previous contact with El Camino Inn prior to my departure. The last check in time listed at 9:00 pm, but the gentleman was very accommodating due to my flight schedule arriving into SFO at 9:00 pm. Thank you so much. I would definitely would refer or recommend others to stay there. The maids were also very helpful. When I arrived that night and checked into my room, the toilet started to back up The very next morning the problem was taken care of. 5 STARS!

Very friendly staff and clean room.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

The toilet constantly ran after flushing it unless my husband fixed it (but they were aware of the issue and were going to be calling a plumber). The beds were pretty firm.

The people at the front desk were very friendly and the room was extremely clean.

THE fire alarm keep beeping for no reason in the middle of...
    • Queen Room

THE fire alarm keep beeping for no reason in the middle of the night and called the front desk for several times but no answer.. and couldn’t sleep until 3am .. couldn’t stand anymore and walk up to front desk and ring the bell until they awake and requested them to fix it ASAP..

Great.
    • Queen Room

Great price with the BART station within walking distance and a short ride to downtown S.F. That meant no traffic/parking hassles. Plus, a great Mexican restaurant right across the street.

5.5
    Too much partying in parking lot
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

This place looks nice in the daytime but at dark it all changes. I stayed here 2 nights during the week and both nights the parking lot filled with people who stayed all night. You can hear them in your room, sometimes right outside your door. I checked out early and slept in my car the last night I stayed in the city and finally slept all night. I wouldn’t stay here again.

I left a Day early and they refunded my money. I really appreciated that. The room was clean.

Simple and convenient just right for a quick overnight.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

They really need to change the carpets they're very old and dirty but the rest of the room was nice and clean.

The staff was very friendly the continental breakfast was simple but the coffee was delicious. Refrigerator and microwave in the room was very convenient

I got what I paid for, the bed was comfortable enough to catch some sleep but I would not book again
    • Queen Room

I booked the room and listed we were booking for two adults and a child under two, when I arrived the staff said that only two people were allowed to a room (we all stayed anyways) the room was HOT with the wall heater while off still blowing air and there is no dan or A/C. You can hear all your neighbors.

The hotel is old but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Definitely not value for money.
    • Queen Room

Room was extremely small, it was hot as it did not have an air conditioner. Breakfast not worth mentioning.

Friendliness of people at reception. Room was quiet.

It was quiet, - it was right for the money - we felt it was safe - quaint and comfortable
    • Queen Room

It was fine what we needed.

The Location is what we liked the best - easy access to everything, including other restaurants, bus lines, etc......and close to what we needed. The Manager lady at the front desk was so very nice as well as the other workers we happen to pass in walking around. The food was fine. They advertise "continental" so it's truthful - they don't advertise a buffet. So I believe they are truthful.

This is a great place just outside of San Francisco.
    • Queen Room

This is a great place just outside of San Francisco. They are right by a BART station that goes right into the city, the parking is free and the staff was accommodating and very friendly. I will be staying here again.

For the price, it was okay!
    • Queen Room

The breakfast needs work, the fruit that was displayed was unedible (rotten). In my opinoin it could use other things to eat.

It was clean and quiet , the bed was comfortable. Vehicle security was very good. (well lighted). All and all was a good price for what it is.

The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was pretty good. The neighbourhood was safe and it is close to BART station. I definitely recommend this facility.

Hot and uncomfortable sleep for 2 nights
    • Queen Room

Did not have air conditioner and this was not indicated in the booking page. Had a heat wave and it was miserable when we return after dinner. Had to keep the room doors open till 11pm before the weather cool.

Near the city & airport

Old dirty and smelling bad v didn't sleep at all
    • Queen Room

I didn't like everything I paid too much for this room and everything was so old, dirty I give them -1 star

I did like nothing it was so dirty and so could It has bad smell even from the heater it was blowing bad smells The blankets were so dirty and v couldn't sleep all night v were just sitting on the chair

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The staffs are quite helpful, they allow me to leave my...
    • Queen Room

The price seems a bit expensive to me charging US$115 per night but didn't provide the airport shuttle.

The staffs are quite helpful, they allow me to leave my luggage in the office after I check-out, and also retain my forgotten medicine so that I can pick them up in the afternoon.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Good place to stay an cheap
    • Queen Room

There's really no restaurants around there. An rooms didn't have AC

I liked that it was clean an cozy. It's a small room nothing fancy. Good parking.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Conveniently located, would stay again
    • Queen Room

Could use modernisation: carpet, bedding, tile, but mostly clean and comfortable.

Location was perfect distance from SFSU, we had an early morning event there and made on the surface streets in 10 minutes.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Basic but has everything you'd need
    • Queen Room

The rooms are a little on the small side and the rooms felt a little dusty. There were some basic bits and pieces for breakfast but something more substantial would have been appreciated.

It was good enough for what it was and was the most reasonably priced of the places we could find. Ample parking space as well. The owner was kind enough to check us in late even though it was past the normal check-in time which was really appreciated.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Would not recommend this place
    • Queen Room

Room very small & outdated for price paid, Continental breakfast was non existant, only coffee & day old white bread , few packets of instant oatmeal.Noisy & no air conditioning.

Room was clean

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Solid place to lay head
    • Queen Room

The room itself was a little outdated, went for the "free breakfast" and found bread and coffee.

For the price you can't go wrong, the bathroom was super clean and the couple who i think owns it were great

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Friendly staff with easy access to San Francisco
    • Queen Room

The breakfast room was a bit cramped.

The family who ran the place were really friendly and very helpful. The inn was also only 2 blocks from the BART which made it very easy to access San Francisco without the high prices.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Location to the Bart station is about a 10 minute walk,...
    • Queen Room

Location to the Bart station is about a 10 minute walk, Walgreens is right up the street and a 24 hr donut shop is located across the street. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Stay in Daly City
    • Queen Room

For one thing, there was no ventilation or circulation in the room. It was very warm and humid in our room. It was October when we visited but it was a rather warm day. If no AC available, in the room, then they should provide an electric fan or even a ceiling fan. It felt so stuffy in there. Made it difficult to sleep. The other problem that we had .... was the bathroom window wasn't covered. Even though it is "kind of frosted". People could still see in and see you and know where you were in the room. After traveling during the day, we like to take a shower and rinse off. We could not do that at all. That made it very, very uncomfortable at night. Also there was no microwave in the room. We tend to eat breakfast and dinner in our room. That was a drawback.

The place was very quiet. We had a bottom floor room. Big refrigerator in our room which was very nice.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Location and staff
    • Queen Room

Very poor breakfast: coffee and cornflakes with milk.

Location and staff

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The place was very nice, very accessible.
    • Queen Room

The smells of the carpet

I liked the place, room and everything.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Price for location worked.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

One of the beds was broken.

Staff was great. Let us check in early, from a long drive.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

It was ok for the price but I wouldn’t stay there again
    • Room with Two Double Beds

No AC! The room was very stuffy. We opened the windows, but cigarette smoke was coming in from outside...

The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

I was charged more than the price I was given on Booking.
    • Queen Room

I was charged more than the price I was given on Booking.com

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

The staffs are friendly ;
    • Queen Room

The toilet is leaking; The room has a bad smell;A desk lamp has no power outlet.

The staffs are friendly ; Very close to BART station.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We came in late and the owner stayed up waiting for us!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Location price
    • Queen Room

No hairdryer dirty carpet lot of noise outside during evening. Limited seating for breakfast

Location price

Good place;
    • Room with Two Double Beds

Good place; staff was very kind and helpful; tasty breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

very old hotel with hardly any amenities.
    • Queen Room

very old hotel with hardly any amenities. the room is much smaller than other hotel. room smelled stuffy.

breakfast is good

breakfast is good

Price

Small breakfast room with barely any food.

Price

delightful
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

The staff were so helpful, with lots of information on where to go and what to see in San Francisco. The location was great, close to a BART station.

Great Service

Great Service

Quaint spot
    • Room with Two Double Beds

I would have liked a fan to circulate air

Donut shop across the street

The beds and pillows are the most uncomfortable ever.
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

The beds and pillows are the most uncomfortable ever. Shower has no water pressure and shower head was so low my son had to get on his knees

Helpful & friendly staff.

Helpful & friendly staff. Rooms are dated but very clean. Location is great

4.5
    Poor breakfast and electric, no hairdryer, needs updating

Poor breakfast and electric, no hairdryer, needs updating

Hotel was walking distance to BART station which was very...
    • One Double Bed and One Twin Bed Room

Room was very outdated and really need upgrade.

Hotel was walking distance to BART station which was very convenient to go to SFO Downtown.

Great location and comfortable place
    • Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very friendly. Manish was very helpful. The place was very comfortable. Over all the experience was great.

Freeway acces

Freeway acces

Nice stay

Bigger TV

Already gave a review before