Reviews of Econo Lodge Malden 2 stars

5.9

5.6

5.6

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

I will NEVER go there again.
    • Smoking One Queen Room

No coffee, only bagels and cereal. Charged me for two beds when I was the only person in room and asked for only one bed.

False advertising because on website it stated shuttle to airport was available but there was none.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

• Non-Smoking One Queen Room

The room had a stuffy smell though bathrooms are clean. There was no natural light in my room. Breakfast is served in paper plates and cups and plastic cutlery, at this price I would expect proper cutlery and plates at least.

Not worth it
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Didn’t like that the bathroom smelled like cigarettes, and I also felt that the hotel stay wasn’t worth what I paid for. It was over priced.

Cheapest hotel I found around the area.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very bad rooms
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

Nothing . My room smell cigarrett smoke extremely bad . Imposible to breath and I came out with sore through due to the cigarette smell '!! The cigarrattw smell all over bed. Pillows . Really bad that children shouts not stay in that place .

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Nice stay
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Quite noisy if sleep on the lower floor. And is quite dim inside the room.

Value for money when compared with the other accommodation in the vicinity.

Bed bugs I can't sleep I have been here for many days and never experienced bed bugs untill I rented room 122 and the bed was nasty I slept in a chair I got bit by bed bugs and it was nasty can't believe my night

It is a bed and a shower and that's it.

Unfortunately the lobby was disgusting and smelt of smoke. The manager is behind glass and you have to slide your credit card under the window as if it was a dubious transaction. This is a hotel for the real bargain traveler. I would not recommend for parents travelling with children.

Not that good and not that bad.

Wifi doesn't work most of the times. If you need internet, will make you bored. Breakfast is very simple and dining tables are located in the main hall way, usually crowded and people walk around.

Location is close to BOSTON downtown (15 mins driving), but cheaper than places in downtown. Staff clean room regularly, though sheets and towels didn't seem that clean!

Absolutely horrible stay
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

The room smelled unclean and I confronted the manager about it and he seemed uncaring. Simply replied that he tells people the not smoke but I reiterated that it smelled unclean and he still did not care. Will never stay in an Econo lodge after this stay.

Absolutely nothing.

Dirty room!

Dirty room!! The sheets on the bed were dirty and haven’t been changed! There was hair and blood stains everywhere on the bed! Disgusting!! The room haven’t even been vacuumed! I booked a non smoking room and I got a smoking room! Very disappointed!

Horrible

Nothing at all

Nothing place was filthy staff was very roud. Didn’t speak any English. I got charged more then when I booked. Holes in walls rooms smelled. Nasty wouldn’t put my animal in that place. They should be shut down. I came out itchy with bites on me.

Besides the payment issue in the hotel , i had a great stay

The hotel was in a good location but I WOULD NOT recommend people to it..when reserving the hotel online their website showed I was to pay $88-$90 per night and I reserved it ... but when I got my receipts at check out I was paying $102 per night instead which was a huge difference .... I was also told I would not receive military discount because I did not reserve the hotel directly with them but through the website which was ridiculous.

I liked the staff at reception and the cleaning guys were awesome..room was kept clean by cleaning guys everyday

Great experience (with the remodeling)

That there was a newly done room. Also, it had a decent microwave and a fridge and microwave. As well as a very clean and up to date bathroom with a shower and bath very clean.. My favorite part was the many usb and 15 plus power outlets in convenient places. It was quiet and breakfast (free) was basic but very fresh and they allow you to bring it to your abode.

Garbage
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

It was filthy the staff was so so rude they didn’t have any breakfast or coffee it was overall a terrible hotel.

It was a last resort effort to find a hotel and they had a room.

would never go back or recomend
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

I made the reservation online , i knew it was a mistake when i went to register and the desk was enclosed with plexiglass , the room was just ok but alot of noise in the place and alot of loitering

it was cheap, the moto you get what u pay for is very true here

Shady as hell! Won't ever stay there again.
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

They required $100 cash deposit on top of credit card payment. The guy was rude and dirty looking. They charged me $1.08 more than quoted...that adds up. On checkout they tried to say I was allset without giving deposit back. Then I had to wait while housekeeping checked room.

Rooms were clean.

Birthday Diaster . WORST SERVICE EVER the police even said" it from Malden..NEVER GO HORRIBLE

I booked A DOUBLE BED ROOM for my birthday, to relax with my sibilings, I loaded the money on my card, I arrived to the facility . They charged my card at check- in. I was 20 cents short for the room on my card. I said" to the front desk ok Sr. I have the 20 cents in cash. Ok rewind ... I had my Birthday sheet cake , as well as food , ready to go to my room . Okay Now ,he tell me.He can't take the cash what so ever. Became very direspectful, decided to call police, we waited because we were, not in the wrong at all.The police said "Sorry you have to go through this on your BIRTHDAY, they were very nice to Us. And Said" Don't ever book here again, obviously they have poor service to there customer. Birthday plans were ruined, after I booked a week before for this, for us to spend time together. 😔

The location was nice.

DO NOT RECOMMEND
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Did not meet expectations for price. Payment process was also more complicated than expected. Room was also dirty. Top blanket was dirty and had burn marks. Definitely thumbs down 👎🏽

The room was adequate but with fewer "normal" ammenities than we expected.
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

We would have liked to have a table and two chairs to work on our computers. There were none in the room. The bathroom needs more counter space. Hardly any room to lay out toiletries. Carpeting in the bedroom would have been preferable to hard flooring. There should have at least been a small rug inside the door to wipe and leave shoes or boots on. The two TV remotes needed instructions as to which to use first.

We appreciated having a blanket on the bed rather than a duvet. (Those are too hot!) We appreciated getting additional hangars. For anyone staying four nights, as we were, having only two hangars in the closet was unacceptable.

Just ok
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

breakfast muffins were stale. There was a drip coming from roof through vent that soaked my clothes in my bag that was under vent. Manager not in until after 9:30am, had to leave did not see him. Will be calling him today

only place under $100 near where I needed to go

The night person was helpful with info how to get back to...
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

It was old and run down had a musty smell. Breakfast was like eating at a gas station just junk snack stuff. There was a spider and web in the corner of our room

The night person was helpful with info how to get back to the Airport

We will never visit this establishment again and we will be reaching out to the coorporate office.

Police responding to a domestic violence incident 1 room away from ours, 2 individuals buying drugs on our floor and the indecent amount of noise directly from the rooms next to ours. We hardly slept because of the yelling. The quality of the rooms was subpar and the continental breakfast area was poorly maintained/dirty and so were the tables that we needed to clean before sitting down.

The parking was decent and the rooms were big.

Fair.

The price you paid, for what you get,did not balance. But then it's the cheaper range of an expensive Boston.The TV remote did not work. The plug of the bathtub leaked.

The guy at the check-in was very friendly. The continental breakfast was good.For a very busy street, the room was very quiet.

The rooms were a good size, very clean, the beds were real...
    • Smoking Two Queen Room

There is no elevator! We had to carry all our luggage up the stairs to our second floor room. The breakfast was very limited and lacking variety. It's kind of in an unsavory neighborhood and the traffic was horrific trying to get out of this town to Boston. It took us 2 hours to go 10 miles to get to a scheduled tour which we missed due to traffic.

The rooms were a good size, very clean, the beds were real comfortable and the bathroom was quite small. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. They do have smoking rooms. It is very convenient to Boston Logan airport.

Cheaper than many, trade off shows
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Bathroom very small - sink unit too big for the space available so you had to negotiate around the door to get in. Would be better if the doors opened out into the bedroom. Would like a kettle in the room so that hot drinks can be made in the room without having to go to the reception area all the time. Rooms are very noisy as there seems to be little or no soundproofing between floors.

Comfy beds, big bedroom and big beds. Check in lady very helpful.

Comfy but excessive noise from other rooms

Kettle would be good. Rooms very warm and aircon noisy. There seems to be no sound proofing between floors, and was very noisy.

Beds were very comfy and big. Upgraded to a triple bedded room to get ground floor, very spacious rooms. Shower good. Staff willing to look after suitcase whilst we went to Niagara for a couple of days. All safe and sound when we returned.

Old building, drab, outside noise, but a very clean room.

On the Front side of the facility (which doesn't match your picture) its very loud until 1AM (Traffic). I would not stay on the rear side of building(dark, 1 set of exposed stairs going to the upper level and no parking. I had to wake up night manager to check out at 0430, a very sound sleeper. I feel that in this part of town management should be concerned with security especially after midnight.

The receptionist who greeted me on arrival was very curtious and helpful. She also provided information on where to get food and how to get to the airport. She and the room being clean made this an exceptable stay.

Bit to far out for the high price
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

To far out , price to high for location

Bit expensive for what it was, location don't justify the high price, shame as nice hotel . About 10 miles out of Boston central.

This economical hotel served my needs and worked because I used Uber and Lyft for transportation.
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

Interior room with no daylight. Bathtub not so clean. Isolated location.

Price. Using uber/Lyft made this economical and practical. Room was clean enough and I could control the temperature in the room. Wake up calls were reliable. Small cold breakfast was sufficient for my needs.

Don,t waste your money

Bed too bumpy couldn’t get good sleep in 6 nights. Internet regularly dropped. A real bad spot in Choice Hotels

Price in a very expensive area but $138 nite way too much for this

Overall, it was a nice place to stay. Close to dollar tree, too! :)

Although there are only 2 floors, the stairs shoukd have been wider and more sturdy unlike the metal stair with narrow landing for each step.

The room was spacious and sufficiently clean. The staff jarry (i hope i got the name right) and william were very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast could have included at least egg meals though, if meat is not possible.

It was OK and as I said; it is what it is!
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

It is what it is; an old building in need of major upgrades, breakfast was minimal, so much plastic and styrofoam dishes and utensils, no coffee in the room.

The room had been partially updated

A stop along the way
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Came in late, check-in was very slow. Outside hallway area could use some sprucing up.

Morning hotel staff very helpful. Rooms were clean. I appreciated the frig/microwave. Bed very comfortable.

Worst place ever to stay.
    • Smoking One Queen Room

location is very far from downtown boston and even not close to even anywhere in boston since this hotel is not located in boston and the staff is very rude and not very helpful. People in there seems dangerous and the room has terrible worst smell ever. 2 indian staff was amazingly annoying and impolite. Price is more expensive comparing to the hotel quality. I don't want to give any score to this hotel. I ever never use this hotel in my entire life.

Very convenient for our purpose.
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Very small bathroom and smoke smell came through the bathroom vents.Not much selection for breakfast or room to eat it

The room was clean and the beds were great!!

It was good to stay it was worth able
    • Smoking One Queen Room

Keep some break fast food fresh one it was only bread , jam

There was nothing to eat it's only bread , milk , cereals , there was nothing to eat like eggs

Ok, I wasn't mugged in my sleep and no bugs.

Broken air conditioner. Window stuck open with no screen and almost fell out of the frame when we tried to close it. Lousy breakfast. Parking lot had trash in it every morning that looked suspiciously like drug use was going on. I had some stranger knock on my door late one night who had "the wrong room ". No client security! Easy access from the street to all rooms and parking area with no security cameras seen! I felt sorry for the cleaning staff, they did a good job.

The bed was comfortable

A pig place
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

Nothing is good or nice about that place. It is a pig place very, very bad smell bad.

I had a non smoking room, the room smell smoke and stink, smell bad

Terrible! Nothing like pictured

The room wasn't like pictured. It was in a scary location the walls were falling apart and the air conditioning barley worked.

Nothing... it was disgusting

An Average Motel near Boston
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The bathroom is small, with no hair dryer. You need to ask for it for the receptionist said some customers took that away after their stay.

It's okay to stay there with a family and relatively easy to travel to the downtown of Boston.

Wouldn't recommend this hotel
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The smell was not pleasant and it hit us in the face when we opened the door. The windows were not secure - we secured them. It wasn't clean - smelled like cigarettes in bathroom for a non-smoking room. Breakfast was aweful. Toilet get clogged and had to fix myself. Couldn't understand staff behind security glass wall - not inviting at all. The cost was way too high for value of hotel.

It was a place to stay on a trip planned only a week before stay ... nothing else in Boston under $250 a night. Was able to acquire blowdryer and comb from front desk.

Nice stay, although on the pricey side
    • Smoking One Queen Room

Definitely too expensive for a room in Malden, especially considering that the room is much smaller than that of other hotel/motels in the area and there's no extras such as a pool.

The location is good, right in Malden on the Revere and Everett line. Friendly and efficient staff. Loved having breakfast that included bagels, cereal, English muffins, and coffee.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Everything smells like smoke and they have smoking rooms...
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

Everything smells like smoke and they have smoking rooms which I didn't think anyone had these days. I had to walk a flight of old medal stairs with heels carting a suitcase, briefcase and pocketbook at 59 yrs old.....not pleasant. I only stayed out of convenience but would never go back or recommend this to anyone.

We had called a few weeks I had been told there would be a...
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

We had called a few weeks I had been told there would be a two queen bed room for some of our Travelers for an extra charge which was fine. However, when we got there we were told there's no such room and not treated very well. It was a little awkward because the person at the desk had no record of our calling earlier.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

We dealt with Yetta in the office.
    • Smoking One Queen Room

The room was just ok but considering the price and ease of getting into the city, it was a good deal.

We dealt with Yetta in the office. She provided assistance with the bus and subway directions to get into Boston. It was very easy. Found it more convenient to stay there and take the train into the city then try and stay in Boston. She should get a raise. She is very friendly and helpful. She was helping another customer when we arrived.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Econo Lodge disappointing.
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

When we tried to register, we had to wait over 15 minutes because clerk was on a personal personal phone call!! Also he ignored incoming phone calls. Place very dingy, "breakfast" pretty scarce, non-smoking room smelled of smoke. Not enough towels or pillows, no clock or hair dryer tiny room! Very dated. More like a Motel 6.

The bed was comfortable and room clean.

Unacceptable and disgusting
    • Smoking One Queen Room

The Staff were not friendly, Staff were rude they mixed up my reservation. It was uncleanly , smelled bad. The bathroom was small and there wasn't even a mirror there was pieces of the bath tube falling off the corners. I will never go back and I would never recommend this place to anyone.

It's a stinky leaky roof over your head.

Oh where to start. The unfriendly face at the office that didn't greet us when we walked in. The old stale smell when you walk in that only gets worse as you get closer to the room. We opened the room door to a "non-smoking" room that was previously a smoking room and the old stale smell hit us. It was late and we were tired and doubted there were any other rooms in the place that would smell any better so we did not ask to switch rooms. The cigarette burn marks on the night stands were gross and told us we were right. The tv didn't turn on and the vent leaked dripping rain while we slept. The door bolt that folds over was also broken off the door. We felt like we were going to smell like the room even after we showered. We left asap in the morning and didn't have any continental breakfast as we were worried about the quality of the kitchen that it was prepared in. Worst hotel room I've ever stayed in but it was a jam packed graduation/mother's day weekend and we decided at the last minute to get a room and there wasn't much left under $400 per night.

The location was good. It had what they call interior corridors which were good for not getting wet in the rain. The bathroom seemed clean enough, and the toilet was newish. The bed was comfortable enough.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

If you're looking for a cheap hotel to crash in overnight, this place is Ok.
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

Dirty pair of socks on the floor when we got into the room. Carpet was "sticky". Noisy neighbors.

The desk attendant was great. Very courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Above average charge, subpar accomodations
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The hotel lobby including room smells. The place is not properly deodorized. Remote in the room did not work. There was only one person at the reception and in the motel, who was very busy. There was no chance to get new sheets, working remote because there was not enough personnel to help.

they had free wi-fi

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Truck stop motel with and lodge apoeal

The setup to get to the rooms. Having to exit the hotel to walk to the rooms wasn't a safe and comfortable experience for me. The breakfast wasn't a full continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Never. Again
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

The staff was very rude....alot of junkies hanging around the building as well as staying at the hotel....and they charged my card twice when they should have only charged me once.....when i talked to them about it they became highly irate....i will never stay at econo lodge again in life

The room had cable

Not a comfortable stay

Staff was unfriendly. Room was disgusting, breakfast wasn't as it said, it was bad overall. Not worth staying here to save some money. Avoid.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Staff was courteous and helpful.

Hotel was under construction (back wall was ripped out). Entire guest room area was extremely smoky, though I had a non-smoking room (my clothes reeked afterword). Random beeps/alarms would go off at night.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Parking and wifi was free.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Not safe at all
    • Smoking One Queen Room

Door had been kicked in the frame was cracked and the plate was barely attached. We had to force the door open. We were barely able to keep the door locked. We had o prop a chair up against it. Not much help because the windows don't lock either. Had to fight to get a working remote. The day manager was nice the night manager was not. would not recommend to anyone at any price very unsecured and unsafe. Also the safe does not function. The back (where we were) is unlit with easy security free access to the rooms. This is truly an unsafe place to stay.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

They don't clean!
    • Smoking One Queen Room

The front desk guy older 50s guy was rude and creepy. Or room was outdated and when we seen housecleaning in the morning no one had fresh linens it look like they were just replacing towels and bathroom needs. GROSSSSSSSSS

Free orange and apple juice

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Worthwhile

Any place to stay in Boston or Cambridge is something around $200 (or more). In this hotel you have to take a bus and also a metro (orange line) to visit all those places in the both cities. To save us$100 and get real streets' experiences may be interesting for those who are looking for these feelings.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Hotel needs a little improvement
    • Smoking One Queen Room

Couldn't use safe as it was broken, door in to room was impossible to open

That it was very clean and you could avail if the tea/coffee facilities anytime.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Ok place to sleep close to Logan Airport
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

It´s not cheap for the level of the hotel, although that is common at Boston area. The guy at the reception when arriving was polite, but kind of picky with the payment procedure, etc.

It´s an ok place to spend a night if you need where to crash out near Boston airport.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Find someplace else
    • Smoking Two Queen Room

The facilities were awful. Holes in the shower, lots of noise, stained carpets...all for $150 for 1 night.

Morning staff was very kind and helpful with directions.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

a nice stay at econo lodge for our anniversary
    • Smoking One Queen Room

The ONLY thing I didn't like about our stay at this hotel was the guy at the desk when we arrived was on a personal call, he stayed on the phone talking about politics the whole time we were checked in. Other than that, it was a great time!

It was a nice cozy hotel room!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Close to Boston.
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

Horrible coffee, store bought pastries for breakfast. No options for people with special dietary needs, ie lactose intolerance. Outdated facilities.

Close to Boston. Allowed early check in.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Overall stay was great.
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

I didn't like that the room smelled like it used to be a smoking room.

I liked that the rooms were warm after walking in the cold all day. I like that there was a fringe in the room and that the room was super clean. It was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Place for a night or two
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

Room had a mild septic system smell and during my stay the toilet backed up. Room seemed very old and outdated as well. Could use a remodel of the place

Staff was friendly and quick to fix toilet problem in my room. Had a decent breakfast in the morning.

Awful looking place. Dirty.

Tried to call the property for 6 hours to confirm reservation due to a late arrival. They never answered the telephone. When we got there they said "our phone never rang." Impossible as I tried calling from three different phones. Place looked sleazy and dirty. When I showed them my call logs, we told them we didn't want to stay there and they agreed not to charge us.To boot, they were going to charge us $219 for one night! Way over the published price posted directly on their web site.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Gross!!!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

Gross dirty floor comforter and bathroom door wouldn't close. $199 for one night in a crummy part of town and such dirty facilities is stealing. Continental breakfast of stale donuts was extremely patronizing.

Mattress was comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Good budget stay

It's a little old and tired but you get what you pay for.

I was happy staying here. It was exactly as I expected. This is not a Hilton. It is little tired was basic facilities but I knew that before I booked. My decision to stay here was based purely on price as I was by myself and only stayed one night. My dealings with the staff were great and they seemed friendly and happy to help.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Good Location for the price. Well maintained.
    • Smoking One Queen Room

Friday night was a bit noisy in the room next door until midnight but Saturday was quiet. Busy place but absolutely acceptable for the price.

For my budget, this was an excellent location. About 20 minutes from all the places I needed to visit. There is a large CVS a few blocks away and plenty of safe parking at the hotel. My 'One Queen' room was cozy and there was a fridge and microwave. Good Shower, Soft Towels, Comfortable Bed!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Boston area hotels expensive!
    • Non-Smoking Two Queen Room

A bit run down. Bathroom was very small and had no blow dryer. We were upstairs and there was no elevator. This wasn't a problem for us but an older couple checking in ahead of us had an issue. We didn't eat breakfast because it was just toast or muffins and cold cereal.

Beds were comfortable. Easy parking.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Seven miles close to Logan Airport.
    • Non-Smoking One Queen Room

Staff at reception was not very friendly. It started pouring water from the duct system on the roof. Witnessed an arguing between some suspicious guests and the receptionist at the check out.

Seven miles close to Logan Airport.

Girlfriend was happy you had bagels and a toaster to heat...

Girlfriend was happy you had bagels and a toaster to heat them up.

It was weak

Terrible

The price is outrageous!! TV didn't work. They were supposed to give me a 30 dollar discount and ended up charging me an EXTRA 30!!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Would not go there again
    • Smoking One Queen Room

Dirty walls. They did not change the towels just refolded them. Litter all around

Enjoyed my stay, would go there again any time and will recommend to friends

Design a bit dated