Reviews of Stadium Hotel 3 stars

21485 Northwest 27th Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33056, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Miami Gardens

The stay was comfortable and quiet, no complaints.

The only issue that I have is the pillows are not soft enough. Also maybe serve hot food for the intercontinental breakfast.

I have no complaints about the hotel, staff was very accommodating and professional. I would refer the hotel to family and friends.

Never again!!

The rooms are old and smell damp..the ceiling had water stains

Old...need renovation...carpet dirty....breakfast was boo.boo.nothing but a bunch of carbohydrates, bread..bagel..no meat no eggs and they trust to guard that..it was terrible.

Location was great.

restaurant was severely understaffed. They have experience with all events, you would think they would know what to expect. Also $15 per head to drive less than 2 miles is a little excessive for a shuttle to the stadium.

Location was great. rooms were good

location, breakfast included, Manager Victoria is awesome!

toilet sucked, cant smoke on your balcony, pay full price at CHECK IN.. checked out early & was a hassle to get my money back..

location, breakfast included, Manager Victoria is awesome!

lovely stay

staff unpleasant ..refused to let me back upstairs to family room after I check out of my room knowing that I just stayed there and just checked out and I knew the room,the name and staff was awear that we were traveling in a large group

Very relaxing overall. I definitely will stay here again next time I visit Miami!

The breakfast food. I was hoping to have eggs and potatoes. I ended up eating cereal and drank a coffee.

Every where smelled freshly cleaned, the bar food was delicious, staff was very nice and helpful.

It was clean and I had a great view from my room.

The entrance to the hotel is terrible. As far as I know that’s the only entrance to get in and it’s very difficult to locate if you’re a tourist. Even Uber drivers couldn’t find the entrance. The door to our room wouldn’t unlock with our hotel keys multiple times as well. The breakfast selection is terrible. If you’re traveling for business and need a good breakfast you’ll definitely want to get up earlier to get someone to eat elsewhere.

It was clean and I had a great view from my room.

Amazing an comfortable.an am a big Dolphins fan

No response it was good.

The staff was so.good an friendly.i missed the restaurant an the lady at the bar was still will to get me a sandwich from the cook But i didnt want her to go threw that i just ordered out but it was nice to know she cared.

The hotel was not all that bad with the price and it was...

There was a power outage off and on for about two times and it went off for couple of hours. We came there to study and at that time we were studying when the lights went off.

The hotel was not all that bad with the price and it was closer to where we had our event.

I am spoiled, but a little more choices at breakfast would...

I am spoiled, but a little more choices at breakfast would of been a plus! The location is great, as we were visiting Hard Rock Stadium. Probably will stay with you later this year when we come down for a game. Thank you

I stay frequently for big events at the stadium and want to...

My friend said that her bed was super hard/firm, like a rock.

I stay frequently for big events at the stadium and want to stay that the speed of service in the restaurant has really improved from the last event that I attended. I appreciate this and I'm sure your bottom line does too.

Loved the hospitality, the rooms. Will stay there again when I'm down.

Was really looking for a full breakfast.

The pillows were great, comfortable. Breakfast was good but preferred a full breakfast but it did good. The room was great, liked the decor. Loved the fact that you had security, made me feel that you were concerned about your guests

The desk was very rude accusing me that something happened...

The desk was very rude accusing me that something happened there and it didn’t also never heard you can’t check in with a FLORIDA ID what if you don’t drive or have PASSPORT

We liked the activities and all the staff was very nice,...

When checking in there was some confusion about our room size,(we booked on Expedia). The female desk clerk made us feel like it was our fault and she wasn't very friendly.The young gentleman at the desk resolved the problem,other then that we had a great time.

We liked the activities and all the staff was very nice, except one of the front office clerks.

Didn't sleep either night because of the noise

Too noisy with traffic right outside the sliding glass door lack of parking

Room is very noisy due to traffic right outside the window on our side hotel is not prepared for us to have five people in the room as we did booking

The hotel was clean but because of the smelly weed problem from other guests we would not stay again

We had for some reason a lot of noise of banging in the room next to us all times of day and night. Not sure if it was renovations going on. Plus there were numerous guests smoking weed on the property that we would smell the scent coming into our room. Also we could always smell it very strong on the floor walking to our room.

The hotel was very clean and room

Look nice ,bed comfy ,quiet ,breakfast was okay.

The smell in the rooms and hallways it was just too much my daughter got sick smelling it but everything was good...

Look nice ,bed comfy ,quiet ,breakfast was okay...

Scooby-Doo Pa Pa

The breakfast didn’t meet my expectations because It’s a big modern hotel. Also, the bathrooms don’t have air vents and this could really be a huge disappointment when the room is small and you have a person with diarrea or other problem. .

I liked the beer and the chicken wings. The mini golf and its surroundings are pretty good too, but staff efficiency and friendliness won the 5 stars of this review. Extra credit for having a security guard, it really made me feel safer.

The reception is not ready for the situation when the room...

The reception is not ready for the situation when the room is booked by one person's account for another person. There were some difficulties at check-in.

As I have said, the breakfast and no hot tub would have been a deal breaker if we would have known.

There was no hot tub, (as advertised on the website) The Breakfast was a huge disappointment. We expected as least a hot meal, we don't eat bread or bagels.

The Staff was respectful and professional.

Adequate

Deodorizer smell everywhere, no hot breakfast just continental, no maid service x3days. Had to ask for replacement towels and soap at desk.

Comfortable bed, good ac, free parking

it was okay.

toilet didn't flush properly, and the breakfast was bad(no eggs or sausage or bacon) just cereal toast and soda(who has soda for breakfast?)

mini golf course!

A conveniently located hotel between Fort Lauderdale (20-25 min North) & Beach ( 20-25 min south)

A pool towel that was not clean, so make sure to check your towels. Other than that everything was good.

Good rooms, clean hotel, nice bar and restaurants with some good food selections.

SInce it was "Spring Break Season, the rates were a little hig im my opinion.

not much of a continental breakfast,,, Could use a little more variety. Entry/Exit for the property is lacking. ONe entry/exit driveway forces guests to use unsafe U-Turns to f=get to some roadways....

Nice, basic room...Clean but spartan.

We had a wonderful time, just will choose a different hotel next time.

I am a very easy person to please! I travel about once a month and rarely come across many issues. I use to stay when it was El Palacio :) When we arrived I loved the upgraded look, it's very modern now and beautiful, but once we arrived in our room it smelled of urine in the carpet and the beds were super hard, no pillowtop or anything!

We liked the breakfast

The attendant was really nice and helpful.

The shower was wheelchair accessible and the water from the shower ended up on the bathroom floor since there wasn’t a tub to keep it in.

The attendant was really nice and helpful. It was a comfortable stay overall.

Quick stay in Miami, picked a place further away from downtown for price preference.

Difficult for an adult to take a bath and was a little dirty in spots that may not be seen much. Difficulty getting into the parking lot when coming from a certain direction since there is only one entrance (that we saw). Laundry facility had 1 washer and 1 dryer on 2 floors and the washer we used was leaking, the dryer took forever to dry clothes.

Thankful for a laundry area (though small). The room was spacious, comfortable, and fit our needs. We did ask for more pillows and they brought them up quickly. Staff were friendly and polite. We did hear people in another room for a short time in the late evening, but otherwise we were not woken up by noises inside or outside.

This place is unusual, but a good place to stay for the price

The room smelled a bit like it used to be a smoking room and the bed was a bit firm for my taste, nothing within walking distance

The. Guest Laundry, easy parking, balcony and especially the super sweet girl who works at the bar

The hotel was nice. The staff is very unorganzied.

When I first got there they couldn't find me a room that was ready or cleaned. I expected breakfast to be at least sausage and eggs or bacon and egg on toast.The breakfast was ok. Juice selection was great. Lunch and Dinner menu was very pricey for the grocery store freezer section food.My food tasted and looked like it was straight out of the freezer section. The cashier had checked us out b4 using my 20% and didnt want to redo it. So I wasn't able to use it at all. Housekeeping only came 1 day to our room. We only had the sheets changed 1 time the entire stay. The one time housekeeping change the sheets she didn't leave any clean towels or take out the trash. We had to take our own trash out and clean our own room. Housekeeping never gave us clean towels the entire stay. We had to go get our own towels and clean our own room. Very disappointing.Security tells you that you are only allowed to sit in your own car for 5 mins.that should be stated on the booking site as well.You should be able to smoke on the balcony because its outside.

The hotel set up was nice and clean.Nice setting. My view was great. Watched the horses on the track every morning.

Comfortable visit

Breakfast variety should be enhanced. Perhaps add of heated dishes eg: scambled egg, sausage ,biscuit or sausage gravy. You may want to try peeled hard boiled eggs also.

Room quality and value appreciated

Better than we expected for the location.

Requested late checkout but was granted only 30 minutes. Included breakfast was lackluster.

Beds comfortable. Room clean. Ample parking. Pool area nice - needs more chairs. Restaurant service slow but the one lunch we had there was tasty.

breakfast could be a little better

security is a little rude i was sleeping and this one man was beating down my door asking who was smoking on the balcony but i was the only one in the room but that i did not like at all..

breakfast could be a little better

Had a deposit paid for $100.

Had a deposit paid for $100. Women was only supposed to charge me for the taxes on 1 nite stay. She went ahead and still put a charge of $112 when I explained to her its been paid already.

I would stay again. Live and Learn.

I reserved the room for a business trip on a credit card. all approved and confirmed. My coworkers arrive and they can't check in because they do not HAVE the credit card. I speak to the ONLY person who is there. No one else in charge there for a Hotel that big I ask?. No ! Well the guys have a $300 prepaid visa, use that, the rooms cost me $248, I figure it will cover what I ALREADY paid. No, they would not take it. My guys had to pay cash and give a deposit for damage if any happened. It was all nothing but a headache. This is a privately owned hotel and not a chain. Their management does not follow the same management practice as others.

such a selection for breakfast, a man could die and go to heaven happy or continue on his trip. the location and facilities were beautiful. Rooms clean and neat.

Overall it was a good stay and I am planning to return.

The only problem I had was the bed was to firm and the breakfast didn't have as much variety as I was expecting.

The lobby was very nice and upscale.The staff were professional and polite.The views from the room were amazing.

I liked the convenience of the hotel, the staff was nice,...

There wasn't a variety of food for breakfast, by the time I came down. There was also very little space to sit down stairs.

I liked the convenience of the hotel, the staff was nice, and the bed was very comfortable.

Don't go here.

There was an attempted break in on my car. I was charged a hospitality fee when I arrived. How much for empathy?

Not enough to make up my experience with the manager

STILL PRESENTLY STAYING WAITING FOR OUR APARTMENT TO BE READY BUT IT SO PEACEFUL SECURITY IS GREAT

I HONESTLY CAN'T SAY THAT THERE WAS ANYTHING THAT I DID NOT LIKE!

EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FABULOUS! STAFF, BAR & GRILE. HOUSEKEEPING, FRONT DESK AND ESPECIALLY MANAGEMENT!!!

I forgot to pack toothpaste and their vending machine which...

I forgot to pack toothpaste and their vending machine which was stacked was not working, front desk didn't have any but a good samaritian heard my plight and gave me one.

Great stay. Great location, clean & comfortable . Felt safe. Staff- pleasant, helpful. I will return

I was hoping to take the shuttle from the airport - I didnt see how , ended up paying quite a bit in taxi fare. I would like to know how to get the shuttle to and from the airport.

Some of the staff were great and very helpful. Complementary breakfast was good. Location is good.

Friendly employees and good location

The pictures that this place shows online has nothing to do with the place when you go in person. Rooms furniture are really old Breakfast was bad no option no testy coffe only bread butter and cream chesse no place to seat

Friendly employees and good location

Our Family xmas vaca 💝

The balcony! It looked so dangerous. For kids of course! But other than that the place was amazingly beautiful

I liked the fact that it was clean. The room/bed was comfy The kids Loved it!

Good

Well I didn't like paying the security extra money at check in.... It's so much to pay at paying so much more before and at check-in.

Every thing, like I said ABOVE!

Staff where excellent

Our bathroom toilet over flowed all onto the floor, and shower drain was clogged after the 1st shower . We were Hoping to get into another room since this happened our first 12 hrs there, but it was cleaned it up properly and on time.

Loved that there was so much to do!

Fair price, adequate lodging, near long term FLL airport parking (airport).

Extra $11+ fee and $100 card hold (not advertised). Also, first hotel breakfast that did not start at 0600, so missed breakfast to catch flight on time.

Most affordable accommodation near our destination.

The Hotel and it's staff are trash! They are very discriminatory too.

The staff was very rude. I was followed the entire time I was there! I was there for about 4 hours and told to leave VERY RUDELY. They are liars and was unaware that I couldn't throw a small gathering for my 8 year old daughter. The workers saw me bring in the stuff and not one time say anything! Myself and my daughter friends were kicked out and they called the Miami Gardens police Department (whom never came) on a group of little girls who were very well behaved, while there a group of 6 or 7 Hispanic little boys running around unattended by the pool and etc! They didn't allow me to enter the room, they locked me out and had to be escorted there and the lights were turned off, which I couldn't turn back on! SECURITY BUST IN THE DOOR, I told security I was calling parents and he told me, "THAT'S NOT HIS PROBLEM, MIAMI GARDENS POLICE" IS ON THEIR WAY HERE! The little girls there started crying and shaking profusely!!!!!!! It's was a very traumatic experience for them. There's a difference between doing your job and being respectful versus being disrespectful and spiteful. They were absolutely nasty and rude. I work very hard and wanted to support a local establishment. But never again! I will not recommend you to go to this hotel unless you want to be followed and treated like trash!

I liked NOTHING!

The hotel was a disappointment, the lobby was really nice...

The hotel was a disappointment, the lobby was really nice (which I guess is where their money went) and the room was horribly designed which led to the bathroom being smaller than the closet. The water in the shower pooled up so you had to kick it into the drain and the toilet flushed but didn’t take anything with it, however that works idk. Back to the shower, the water took about 10 minutes to get remotely warm and the warmness lasted about 5 minutes until it was cold. The room had an awful smell of I guess smoke and cleaner with food. Also the “balcony” is about 10 inches extended from the door so hopefully you weren’t planning on sitting out there. The internet was probably the worst hotel internet I’ve ever had. Basically I’d chalk this “hotel” up to a motel and slash the price by half. I stayed one night and payed 155$ with a 100$ deposit once I got there. One good thing is their floors. They’re really squishy and feels like I’m walking on a mattress.

Breakfast was good.

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't just pictures of Miami Dolphins or Miami Hurricanes, as it is their stadium that is so close. Traffic noise was loud, especially at night.

Breakfast was good. It was clean and nice. Getting to the hotel is a little tricky until you get it.

Close to my conference.

Reception efficient, but not friendly. Two of the electrical sockets in my room shorted out (sparked) when I tried to use them. Had to call front desk for toilet paper (luckily I realized before needing, LOL). Breakfast: coffee, juice, hot chocolate package, oatmeal package, cereal, bagels/toast/muffins, yogurt. Nothing hot.

Close to my conference. Affordable.

Good location but overpriced

A fitness facility and jacuzzi would have been nice plus the pool could have been warmer. Needed some restaurants, shops, services within walking distance

Location near football stadium

Fun times

The breakfast is very minimal and although the hotel is very clean there is a strong smell from the cleaning products. It is a little scary walking around at night due to no real sidewalks.

The location is the best part of this hotel especially for activities at the stadium.

Overall it was a positive experience

The bathroom was very small and the tub was too narrow and difficult to get into

the convenience of the hotel to Hard Rock stadium and Calder Casino and race track as well as other locations

Horribly horrible horrible

I book on booking.com and had a confirmation number and pin. I get to the hotel and they said I didn’t have reservations. I showed them my confirmation number email and they kept saying my card got declined through booking.com but booking.com never sent me a declined email. I booked through booking.com at a rate of $89 for two rooms which totaled $220.00 with tax and fees. I had to pay $139.00 per room when I got to stadium hotel. I had an emergency and couldn’t decline the price because all rooms were sold out in Miami or over priced because of a college football game.

Location was very close to the dolphis stadium

The breakfast was very basic, bagels, toast, fruit and cereal. Not what I was expecting. Beds were very uncomfortable, room furniture was old and some drawers were broken. Varanda patio door didn’t open, phone in room didn’t work.

Location was very close to the dolphis stadium

Weve been staying there for 25 years and its been bad for the last 10. we thought it was getting bet

they have Legends Sports bar & grill. We asked if they would be open for Monday Night Football and they said yes. We left Calder Casino and went back to the hotel for the game. It was 8:30 and dark. We were meeting friends for drinks and food. We drove around for an hour and couldn't find a sports bar. Came back to the room to watch. The beds were uncomfortable.

Location, we go for Miami Games

The extra costs for the breakfast.

Extra charges for every thing...parking...shuttle... continental breakfast.

The extra costs for the breakfast...totally not worth it. I paid extra for an continental style breakfast; continental style breakfast should always be free. An extra charge for a hot breakfast makes more sense.

Nice location very basic hotel

For $200/night I expected a hotel slightly better than a basis Quality Inn - you don't get that here. The restaurant (if you can describe it as that) is a fast food place with slow service and the rooms are incredibly spartan.

Location is convenient if you're going to the stadium for a concert or sports event. The hotel also runs a good shuttle service to such things at a reasonable cost.

Close to Hard Rock Stadium, so Served well for the purpose

Bathroom shower was broken, and no hot water. Air cond was noise and hot Breakfast was terrible:served on the corner of the bar counterto, where we had to prepare the food ourselves. No room, no juice, fresh fruits were banana, apple and orange. Too much $$ for the quality of everything. At least was close to the event.

Close to Hard Rock Stadium, so Served well for the purpose

Perfect place to stay for Events!

Breakfast spread was very basic (bagels, cereal, juice, etc.) Wish they had at least good coffee. We skipped it and went out to eat. Direct tv meant no signal whenever it stormed.

Ideal location near Hard Rock Stadium. Shuttles from hotel to event were so convenient! In good weather walking distance to casino and stadium(1mi). Lovely clean room with extremely comfortable bed and nice little balcony. Great restaurant downstairs with American food and full bar. Very friendly and helpful staff. We'll be back!

poor.

Shuttle was so spotty that after 40 minutes of waiting and being told two times that is would be there in 15 minutes, we called a uber and were on our way in 5 minutes. The hotel is old and run down.

the place is close to the stadium and the road out of town

My stay this time was awful.

I didn't like the fact that I was given a handicapped room without my knowledge and the smell in the room was awful. The toilet wasn't working properly and we had a hard time showering. I asked house keeping for 2 blankets and they only gave me one. I was very upset and disappointed because I was celebrating my anniversary but I made the best of it.

I have always stayed at the stadium hotel and I chose this location before any others because of the location and the great services provided.

i really did not have a choice of my location to go because...

well our room 719 the pipe in the tub was leeking the bathroom door handle was broken,either the carpet in the room or just the room itself did not have a rest scent. the breakfast they could give a better variety for the price that people are paying.

i really did not have a choice of my location to go because our community was being tented and my job and my baby daycare was close by. if it was not for that i would have went somewhere else.

Metallica Concert

Theirs nothing to say. It was a wonderful trip.

Everything was near by. Staff was wonderful even at 1am. Would recommend this hotel to everyone. Definitely going back.

Clean comfortable room but too expensive for one night stay

It would of been nice to have a real breakfast there and a shuttle to and from the Hard Rock Stadium would have been awesome. We had to wait over an hour for an Uber to take us back to the hotel after the show.

Clean and comfortable room. The staff were very nice and helpful.

Stadium best friend

near nothing else in a AFA neighborhood

Serve its purpose; to attend a U2 concert at the nearby stadium. There are van shuttles to the stadium for $15 round trip

Close, but not as close as it appears from satellite view.

Not close enough to the stadium. Still had to take transportation to stadium. It was over 3/4 of a mile to stadium, not walkable in Miami Florida heat.

Clean and almost close to the stadium.

Staff was friendly through stress of short handed on big...

Legends had 1 person attending bar, food orders, cashier, dining room and food delivery. Don't think anyone was cleaning tables. She kept an excellent attitude but you could see the pressure she felt from those not as patient as myself. It was the day of the U2 concert and there were a lot of check ins and long lines of people wanting food and drink.

Staff was friendly through stress of short handed on big event. I loved the view from our room of Racetrack and Stadium. Rooms were clean and appreciate the healthy toiletries. Thank you

It was close to the hard rock stadium but not walking...

If you are coming from the stadium make sure to get food before getting back as the dinning place inside the hotel closes at 9.

It was close to the hard rock stadium but not walking distance. Sometimes you have to walk close on the street and it's an avenue and it's dangerous. Nice staff, very helpful.

Staff was friendly.

First keys we were given did not work, so I went back down to the front desk and waited in the long line a second time (not faulting them for the line, it was busy due to the U2 concert at stadium). When it was finally my turn, I said the keys didn't work and the initial response was "that's ok" (??) and she reprogrammed them based on the room number the previous clerk had written on the paper keyholder. She did then apologize for the hassle. Then once in the room, we discovered it had 2 queen beds, not a king as I had booked. I tried calling the front desk 4 times, the last time letting it ring 20 times. No answer. We decided to just let it go, and start getting ready for the concert. So I took a shower. As I'm standing there dripping wet, there was a commotion at our door. I heard a voice on a walky talky say "there might already be someone in the room." My husband went out in the hall. They had given another party the same room. Since I was NAKED, they ressigned those folks to another room. Then the front desk called, and talked to my husband. They didn't know how it had happened, but did we want the king room. He said no, since we were already settled in (and I was still unclothed - this was all within a couple minutes). On top of all this, I had forgotten shaving cream. They have no sundries shop of any kind, and suggested Walmart. Just not a very well run hotel, especially at $200 a night. Breakfast was just toast or bagels, mini muffins, and cereal. Not bad, but nothing special. Very frustrating.

Staff was friendly. Location was good, within walking distance (about a mile) to stadium entrance. Our view was great.

This hotel needs to be remodeled

The hotel is old and needs to be remodel. The carpet in the rooms and on the 6th foot smelled of mildew. The sheets were scratchy. The restroom was really old and stained there was evidence of mold around the tub the finance tureen had rust and water build up. The refrigerator didn't get very cold. The safe door would not stalk closed and was tripping hazard.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

This place sucks.

Everything.

This wasn't the first time we have stayed there everytime we stay at the hotel there is always something wrong. I will not be staying here anymore it's not worth the money you are trying to save pay a lil more and get a much better hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

I liked the view of the race track, I loved the pool and...

I didnt like the hours of legends, the pool or mini golf everything closed too early

I liked the view of the race track, I loved the pool and mini golf

Racist management staff

Racist management. The staff had one of their employees continue to harass us. I was continuously asked why were we here as they "noticed" I came in with a lot of people. I explained my daughter was their to prepare for prom that night. That did not matter. They continued to send their employees to my room/floor and question us. The worst experience ever. I feel because we were black. The management staff needs training.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Do not waste your time and money!!!!

Absolutely everything!!! This place has no value unless you like staying at bug infested places. I had to change my room and woke up to use my phone with a roach on it. Also couldn't put anything in the fridge because it was rusted inside on all shelves. Clorox wipes did not help. The Balcony chairs were broken and there was stripes on the chair that we thought was just broken but didn't fit all the way across meaning it was bought that way!!! Also the Bar that was on the top floor has been moved to the bottom and the hours suck!!! The manager, Bartender, and Officer, was nice that's about it. The black girl at the front counter acted like we were not of any concern. And the white guy there too... I would not recommend this place to any of my worse enemies!!! Not for relaxation!!! And every time someone checked in the pool was down that day but we checked in one day before others and the pool was down but it's not posted on the site!!! Also just forget the Bad Breakfast. Please feel free to update the photos on the site. I felt like I was walking down a scene in Stephen King movies!!!!

That I got most of my money back.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

I wouldn't return.

The rooms are really dated. No upgrades. Beds very uncomfortable. The price was decent. But this is a classic case of u get what u pay for.

The lobby and property was nice.