Reviews of El Patio Inn 2 stars

6.2

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

vary disappointing stay
    • Standard Queen Room

this is the type of room you should only pay 50 dollars a night small and ran down. the first thing I did when I went in the room was try to use the fridge and it didn't work so I walked to the front desk and told them. I was told the manager checked the a few hours ago and it was working then. well it don't now so I asked if I can get a different one put in the room. I was told to wait a half our to make sure it didn't work .this was going on for a few hours and I asked to just let me have a new room with a working fridge. I was told we are all full but I went on line and checked booking they said still have two rooms left. so she was texting her manager and he sad he will not give me a new room. so thank you for the great customer service the other thing that really need to be fixed is the black mold in the shower its not just gross but very unhealthy the manager of this place really needs to do his job and clean and fix stuff as needed and stop thinking it ok

bed was ok

Adorable
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

My only complaint were the pillows.....they were old and lumpy, but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean, comfortable and cute!

The front desk staff was so awesome. They gave us great recommendations for vegan food! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet and peaceful and really cute!

After we checked out I got a phone call stating the room...
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

After we checked out I got a phone call stating the room smelled like we smoked in it. They don’t have smoking rooms so the smoking area is outside in the front by the sidewalk so I kindly requested the hotel to look at the video footage they would see us in the designated area multiple times I wasn’t going to risk getting a fee in a non smoking room but was accused until I mentioned the cameras. Also they didn’t have shuttles near by to go to universal studios

Very cozy and affordable.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was small and a bit cozy, both parking and in the room.

Great location, close to restaurants and Universal Studios. Nice staff and affordable price.

Great location! Good for short stay.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The beds were old, lumpy, and squeaky. Towels were not available until after check in but at least they were fresh! Not too sure about the sheets. We we are bigger folks so it’s a tight squeeze in the shower and moving about in the bathroom. Don’t expect too much from the ice machine either. It was all clumped together into one big block of ice.

Great location! Plenty of restaurants nearby. Picked this place because of the value and close proximity to universal studios. Nice tile flooring throughout the room. Vaulted ceilings made it feel like we weren’t trapped in a box.

We had a nice stay here.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The little coffee and cookies could have been a little more, like muffins instead.

I liked the night host Nawaz. He is why we will stay here a again. The rooms are smaller but they are comfortable. If you are just looking for a place to sleep after a long day at Universal Studios this is the place!

Free wifi, staff was really nice.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

Although the bathroom looked as though it had recently been mostly remodeled, there was mold in the shower. Also very tight parking spaces

Free wifi, staff was really nice. The landscaping was very pretty as well!

This place gets the job done.....
    • Standard Queen Room

Well I realize that you get what you pay for this hotel met my expectations. However, plastic chairs and an old wooden table kept this one from getting a top rating. I did get what I always need from a hotel and that is clean, clean and safe! So if you can get along without the nice chair and table then this place will do. The next time the Sheraton and Hilton are booked I will be staying here!

Check your shower for mold, if none then it’s not a bad place to stay.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The light for the dealing fan, one was going up and down in brightness. When making down the sheets it looked as if someone took a nap on the pillow because it had short black hair on it, also the bed was hard as a board. But the most important was the mold in the shower, small black mold throughout the grout, but very bad around the door. If we didn’t come in so late I would have asked for another room or my money back

Location was very good, the room was clean but for a few things but not to bad

It’s ok for emergencies.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was dirty under the couch and beds we found garage we don’t bring and the shower has moho, and they don’t have breakfast. They should change les dan $100

the ubicación and the extra sofa.

I wouldn’t stay here again or recommend it.

Too small.

The room was tiny, especially for 2 adults & 3 kids!! Bathroom was tiny as well, no counter space to set down your belongings. No cabinets or a closet to put away your clothes or luggage. The WiFi sucked. Never worked, connection was poor. Limited parking. If you came home too late you wouldn’t have parking space. Which makes no sense since the spaces should match # of guests in hotel.

Nothing at all.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

I requested a quiet room but they put me where close to the street and that we can hear all the cars, trucks specially the motorcycles. I didn't sleep at all. You have to put $150 deposit for any damage you will have done. My suggestion to you people is before you check out let them walk you through to inspect the room to make sure that they will agree that you didn't damaged their property because it is possible that they will charged you then you will have a problem contacting them. DO NOT check in to that hotel.

Nothing at all.

Vacancy for a good reason
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The price was too high, two lightbulbs burned out (leaving us with one!), the staff was unsmiling, there was no breakfast (just a coffeepot), and the place was at least an hour away from Universal Studios on foot (after waiting and walking all day at the park) contrary to its advertised proximity to Universal. The towels were thin and tiny and I got a rash after staying there overnight. Wish I’d paid the few more extra dollars for the Hilton.

The place was clean and basically functional as a place to sleep for one night while visiting Universal Studios. It was better than a hostel.

It served the purpose. A little small for me.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No counter space. No where to put your towel. Toilet needed plunger. Cockroach came out of the drain.

They are very careful about who’s on property. Your car is safe.

Staff was very nice and accomodating. Room was exactly what I expected from the pictures.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were not very comfey but served it's purpose of a clean place to crash. If you have a large vehicle it will be difficult to park at this location or any other motel in this area.

really cute, very clean.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

the pillows were a little flat, the tiles in the shower could have used a little work

i love that there is an option to have the fan running all night on the cooler. the bed was comfortable.

Ok nothing special
    • Standard Queen Room

That no one calls you back or emails you back they take your money and run... wi Fi didn't work and there was a light that was constantly coming through the blinds at night

It was fine for our quick one nighter. I wouldnt want to stay for an extended period of time.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The room only had one outlet for charging our 4 devices. It only had one bright ceiling light, no lamps. Also no dresser for clothes. There was a rod to hang from, but no hangers

It was clean

Bad experience...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

ROOM was extremely small not as mentioned on the ad. Based on my reservation I was getting a full size bed and two sofa beds, instead I got two beds and one broken futon that never opened. It was very cramped in the room. Price was extremely high! Based on the ad it convinced me it was worth the price. And still pending the transaction... I have two transactions pending on my credit card. I was told that one was the hold and that I wasn't going to be charged, but they made me signed both receipts. Still waiting until tomorrow until they cleared. Parking lot very small and tide...

The only thing I liked was the bathroom. Very roomy....

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

recommended :-)
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

200USD as a deposit. It was given back in two days though :-)

Close to the hollywood studios. Good value for money. Nice and helpfull staff. Complementary cookies for breakfast.

Absolutely nothing was nice about this property!
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

Absolutely nothing was nice about this property! It is a complete dump site! Do not ruin your vacation unless you are comfortable with $5 motel rooms by the hour! Stayed 3 hours, which was long enough to get snap so that we could leave these premesis as Soon as possible. Noticed the o Ly clea I g product on the cart was Fabulosa. This is not a disinfectant , but a massive attempt to cover up orders through strong lavender fragrance. Hair found in both the beds and on the linoleum floors as there is no carpet. Parking is terribly tight so beware if you care about door dings! BTW there is an extra $15 per Hour for early check in before 3pm. No exceptions even though I called ahead and told them my engagement started at 2pm. Stay away from this property! Drive an extra mile or spend extra $50. You’ll be glad you did!

Don’t recommend, this place is not for anyone with children for sure.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Showers are old and need work as well as them being too small. My son opened the cabinet underneath the sink and we found some underwear in there. They clearly aren’t cleaning the rooms properly. The rooms are too small. There is no parking. If you come in separate cars one can park inside and the rest of the cars must park in the street. I believe they don’t even have enough staff to be cleaning since I only seen the same lady cleaning the rooms the 3 days I stayed in the hotel. Sheets seem dirty and the pillows are horrible.

It’s really close to universal studios. About 5 minutes away.

Less expensive can cost you more....
    • Standard Queen Room

There's a mildew smell in the rooms and parking is horribble. Staff double charged my card for deposit and caused complete chaos in my budget. Not to mention I had to run out of Universal studios before the bank closed to try and see if they could help cause i had no money left to eat. Due to their mistake. .wasn't even offered a $5 voucher to eat by the hotel.

Everything has been refurbished

The attendant at night was accommodating And very nice
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The attendant in the morning was very .... I don't know how to described , she didn't speak enough English , and I don't think she understood either , she call Me at 12:30 demanding to know when was I Gona be there , I said 1:30 , and she reply "checking is at 3:00 but I need your credit card number , the one on file doesn't work " , Why are you running my card if I'm not even checking yet ?? , I was charge 150 deposit , to make sure we didn't smoke in the room , even though my non smoking room Smell sooo much like smoke !!!!

The attendant at night was accommodating And very nice

Never staying with them again nor do I hope anyone will with them as well.

Everything about the place was horrible.

Nothing was good, staff were rude and absolutely insulting. Even told us to never come back and that they don't care about Booking's policies whatsoever.

Would recommend. Would return.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish it had a bathtub. Glass bricks in wall let in too much light, the room was never dark.

It was quaint and quiet. The staff was friendly. Comfy beds. Like the limited street exposure. Awesome location.

Never again. If you do not owe a compact car do not stay here!

Everything was horrible!

This was the worst place I have ever stayed. I would never recommend anyone to stay here. We had a drink spill on the floor and it splash on the bed. So they changed me a $100 to replace it. The room was not c finish cleaning it. Then come to find out it was still dirty. Also after a long day out we came back at 1am to no where to park. I clearly put on our registration we were handicapped but the parking spot was taking by an SUV because they couldn't fit anywhere else. So the night clerk was going to wake up the other guest to ask them to move. We had 5 people in our room and was give 3 towel. So I had to ask for more. Had to ask for the bedding for the sofa and on top of it all you get one pillow per person because they don't have extras. Had to go an buy pillows our first night there. My experience was terrible. Never again will I stay here or suggest anyone stay here.

Check in time is strictly between 3:00 and 8:00 so be...
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

Check in time is strictly between 3:00 and 8:00 so be careful if your travel plans cannot accommodate this strict time range. Parking is very tight, it may take a six point turn to get in/out. Only allowed one parked car. If you have another car, prepare for a long walk as street parking is hard to find. There are no shelves or flat surfaces for toiletries in the bathroom or shower. The translucent window has no shade and the room stays light all night. The Wifi is only usable in parking lot. There is only one power outlet in the room, so if you have more than two phones or devices, you'll need a hub.

Find something else!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The place was way overpriced and a terrible value. The beds are old and the comforters and blankets are the old kind that seem to never be washed. The pillows and mattresses were so uncomfortable. Our room faced the street but the window had no shade, so the neon light shone through our room all night. The wifi did not work. The cable wasn't working until the staff spent 30 minutes in our room working on it and finally got a few network channels to work. The bathroom towels were all small and old. Please use your money elsewhere.

Great value
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The small patio area extended the room size and was a nice place to sit. Jihad (I have no idea how to spell his name) was extreamly helpful. We had to make some room changes and he was a pleasure to work with.

Poor
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Tv , did not work , hair in frig , microwave had chipped paint inside numbers didn’t work could not us it .poor location , headboard was broken, bed slide from wall , we arrived there a 6 am but could not check in till 3 p.m.-8 p.m.amd had to check out by 11 any earlier we would pay another nite , so I had to leave Universal Studiosto go check in . They made us pay a deposit and will not be retuned till Wednesday. That is a long time to hold my money after travel. This is my first time using Booking.com and I was not happy .

Outside area was cute.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The wffi don't work even after asking front desk clerk about it. There was hair in the bathroom and in the beds. The sheets smelled. Had to lay down on personal towel so I couldn't smell the pillow to sleep. The tv wouldn't work we had to have the guy from front desk to come and he reprogrammed the controller. Also didnt have a pool.

Outside area was cute.

Cozy, comfort, quiet retreat
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The towels are very small, no blowdryer, or iron in the room. Management threaten to cancel my reservation if i didnt arrive at accorded time. Not nice for a traveler 300+ miles away from home and risk to lose my money.

The area was very quiet, away from busy, noisy street. Great for a small group given the space. Overall good experience for both of us.

Keep Looking
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very bland and looked as though it may have been a converted laundry room. The channel line up on tv was strange, allot of off the wall channels I never even heard of and did'nt have an on screen tv guide. Most motels have a desk or small table with two chairs. The only furniture in this room was the bed and one end table. Had tile floors, which some may like, but personally I prefer carpet. Last but not least, In fact my biggest gripe of all, was the parking situation. It is hard to enter and exit the parking lot. Its small and hard to manuver when the lot fills up and upon exiting there is a steep small hill you have to accelerate rapidly to get up and enter a small alley with terrible blind spots. Dangerous!! To top it all off when I came back from a long day there was no parking space available. Had to wait a half hour for a space to free up. When your wore out from the days activities that seems like an eternity.....

Location for Hollywood Bowl and Universal Studios was excellent, because we visited both. The manager was polite and helpful. The air conditioner worked like a charm on the way too hot days we visited L.A. Had a Nice big shower! Microwave and refrigerator. Hard to find microwaves in most motels in San Fernando valley

impressed, with the feeling of wasting money, TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE REALITY
    • Standard Queen Room

decoration, less roughness in sheets fabrics, not a table lamp or scounces, the air conditioning it is so loud you cant hear the tv, towels horrible, you can complaint they do not do anything, they only are trained to charge, nothing else, 0 CUSTOMER SERVICE, and IMAGINATION TO PLEASE A COMEBACK CUSTOMER,

It was nice cozy.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Space.....but other than that.excellent.wish room was just a little bigger..

It was nice cozy..very comfortable. Clean. Walking distance to several favorite stops.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

It was horrible.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The receptionist who said he was the property manager was not friendly and not helpful at all. We requested to check in earlier since we needed to be somewhere by 11 am, my family and I just needed a place to change our clothes and freshened up. He responded that, our request wasn't possible and that they weren't entitled to respect our reservation request even though I showed him the confirmation email. Also, he said that he couldn't help us since there weren't any rooms available when in reality the cleaning staff had rooms ready and they advised us to go tell the manager that there were rooms available. In the past we had stayed here before and the staff was very friendly and were able to accommodate our needs, we came from far away and we just needed a few minutes of privacy to get ready. Because of this experience I will never come back to this hotel.

The room was clean.

Convienience of the location.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

We would like a table or surface area other than the small night stand. For laptop or paperwork.

Convienience of the location. Kind staff. We have booked this spot two years in a row.

good value ,comfy place
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

one of the beds was comfortable the other not so much the room had no carpet and the bed had wheels so every time we move the bed did to lol Under the tv didn't have a cabinet or a desk it could use one

Room and restroom were clean The hotel was nice and well taken care it look like an old little town motel like in the movies

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Amazing family Trip
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

The parking area was small. But I felt safe that my truck was close to me.

The room was very clean. The beds were big and comfortable. The staff was friendly and honest. I will use this hotel again definitely.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The 3 C's, Charming, Clean and Close to Everything! I loved it!
    • Standard Queen Room

Just fyi-None of these things would be a deal breaker for me, as the customer service was top notch and the establishment was nice and clean overall. If I could offer any suggestions, it would be to add a lamp to each side of the bed, and a side table on both sides of the bed. There was only one side table and no lamps. I didn't like using the ceiling lamp; nice lamps on both sides of the bed would have been perfect. I'm used to carpet in rooms, but did get used to the hard tile. It was cold, but looked nice and clean. I didn't like the placement of the television, it kind of took away from the window view; perhaps a small stand would have been better. There was no dresser drawer for clothing, and no closet-there was a wall rack, which was handy, but not enough room to get things out of sight, although I enjoyed the minimalist, uncrowded appeal of the room. The bed was a tad hard for my taste, but because the room was clean, well stocked, and I felt safe there, I slept like a baby. It was pricey, but I've in just two weekends, I've learned that any room which cost less than $125.00 per night in L.A. is questionable, very suspect. Just pay the extra and be happy.

The hotel reception was extremely nice and accommodating. I asked if I could check in early because I had a perishable fruit tray and juice that needed refrigeration. At that time, all rooms were occupied. Even though I could not check in early, the attendant offered to store my food in his office refrigerator until I could check in. That was extremely generous, and saved me from disposing of my food. Although the parking was kind of tight, I loved the charm of the inn. The outside was quaint, but prettily painted and clean. I liked yay each guest was given a parking permit, which meant a guaranteed place to park on site. The inside of the room was very clean. I loved the modernized bathroom with the upgraded toilet, shower and sink. The shower was big enough for two, and included a very nice wooden bench for sitting. The hot water was immediately HOT...no waiting. The toilet was button push, very modern with the low flow. I could tell it was clean; they even put a strip around the toilet to indicate that it has been cleaned; and a fresh roll of tissue. The sink was very modern, high end and offered a very nice smelling liquid shampoo and bar soap.After my horrible experience at another hotel just the night before- I cannot say enough how much I appreciated a very clean, very modernized bathroom. The biggest plus was that it took me 5 minutes to get to Universal Studios and I didn't have to use a freeway!!!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Trip to Universal Studios
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

Parking was a little tight but everything else is fine.

Nice and simple. Enjoyed our stay. Very friendly and secure place to be. Close to Universal Studios, will return without hesitation.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Do not stay here
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No WiFi. We tried 3 different rooms, and they falsely advertise WiFi. They are super cheap on the towels (Hand towels to dry yourself, really). Small sink with no counter space. TV had a scratch across the screen, 5 channels. The owner is not accommodating. Room #1 has a very bright light next to it that isn't blocked by the blinds.

The parking was tucked away and free.

Not happy room was leaking and didnt give us a different room
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The roof to our room was leaking and have to put in $150 deposit!!! They didn't give us another room or offer any kind of discount for the leaking room!!!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Booking doesn't specify secure deposit, but it must be paid on check-in, and animal hair on beds.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

During check-in I was requested to pay $150 for secure deposit. This amount is not specified when I booked the room. The sink of the assigned room wasn't working good. The lady in the front desk told me I brook it, but how? if I just arrived and washed my hands. The beds had animal hair, my pajama got full of animal hair

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The ease of check in.
    • Standard Queen Room

Was not told about the $150 deposit. At check in, and as of almost 9 hours later. Still has not been put back on my card. This info needs to be on the website.

The ease of check in.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

I like the ambiance, felt like a cottage
    • Standard Queen Room

Tile floor was slippery after shower.

I like the ambiance, felt like a cottage

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Sacrificing some comforts for free parking space.
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff are quite nice and very helpful. It’s a very convenient hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The room served its purpose
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was horribly hard and super uncomfortable!

The staff was wonderful and the rooms clean!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

good value

floor needed mopping.

location, staff friendliness

Hair on the sheets & blankets

Hair on the sheets & blankets

Small but perfect.
    • Standard Queen Room

I like that the room had a mini fridge and a microwave.

Grateful

Loved everything

Staff was super nice

No pool

No pool

location very good
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

parking is not that easy

location very good

Deposit 200$
    • Deluxe Suite with Spa Bath

Deposit 200$

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Coffee was good.

Parking was challenging

Coffee was good. Light weight blankets, but exceptionally adequate.

Local was good
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

Too pricey for the quality of room.

Local was good

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It was pretty close to Universal studios(that's where I...
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

Parkings so tiny and restrooms dirty and stinky.

It was pretty close to Universal studios(that's where I was all day).

It’s was clean

It’s was clean

Close to universal studio
    • Standard Queen Room

Not too clean. No closet, super small room, has bugs.

Close to universal studio

It’s was cheap and very close to universal studios

It’s was cheap and very close to universal studios

Pleasant stay
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

I felt the price was steep for the room we got

Central location. Beds were comfortable

Pretty good place to stay.

The parking lot

The beds

Couldn't sleep thinking would wake up to giant bugs crawling on me.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The giant waterbugs in the bathroom. Or roaches. Not sure what they were. Only had 2 towels to take a bath. Had to request more.

Na

It was clean and nice.
    • Standard Queen Room

The shower was huge and awesome!!!!!

It was a pleasant stay. It was quite and comfy, but I still think it was a little price for the stay
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

They don't inform you there is a 150.00 deposit.

The room was SUPER CLEAN. It was a cute place.

• Standard Two Doubles Room

Noisy, little parking and pillows were very hard.

Parking space

Near by universal studios

All in all excellent value for your money

Tight parking area

All in all excellent value for your money

Expensive

Close to Universal Studios.
    • Standard Two Doubles Room

Parking, hard mattress, lights flickering in room

Close to Universal Studios.

Great price compared to other hotels.

Better beds

The beds are a little uncomfortable. Everything else was great.

I love staying there.
    • Standard Queen Room

The beds are too firm for me.

The two men I spoke to were very nice and when I needed to get a different room. They were very accommodating.