Reviews of Rodeway Inn Macarthur Airport 2 stars

3055 Veterans Memorial Highway, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Ronkonkoma

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

It snowed the night before. The contractor that the motel hired to plow the snow buried my car with snow. The owner/manger refused to help me get my car out of the massive snow bank caused by the motels contractor. I'm 72 years old with health conditions. Very Bad!

• King Room - Smoking

The rooms are ridiculously small. My room was supposed to have a bathtub and it did not. You can barely walk around the bed to get around the room. The room had no cold water so the shower was scalding and both taps in the bathroom provided hot water. And the housekeepers stole one of my very expensive iphone chargers.

• Double Room - Smoking

Nothing with the property.. have been using booking.com last 4 visits to Rodeway Inn, this visit I needed to reschedule dates because my fiance is in the Army and he was sent Puerto Rico for hurricane relief at the last minute (2 days before our visit together). I still went ahead with my time there because Booking.com has no rescheduling of dates. There should be a way to reschedule if something unexpected comes up, not fair to lose the time or the money.

Very friendly staff..all the comforts of home

• King Room - Smoking

in the middle of the night or early morning heard a loud crash like metal lockers falling scared my husband and I. woke up out of a sound sleep. after that heard sounds as if metal was crashing. there went our sleep. found out the next morning as we left. workers were remodeling the room next to ours. only suggestion on our part is if workers are working not to be doing it next to rooms being occupied.

room was clean, and modern bed was comfortable

• King Room - Smoking

Everything. The place was very dirty for the room to the shower. The parking lot is very dark. A lot of drug activity in the rooms also. I didn't feel safe at all could not sleep well worrying about the drug addicts trying to break into my vehicle.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing they didn't do was miss the mark , I have no complaints!

This is a wonderful place . The staff is always on point .The breakfast is always great and the linens are always fresh . Rodeway Rules!

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Not that thrilled with the dish/direct TV. Miss the weather channel and YES..but that is personal

Room was comfortable, This is an older motel but is in good shape and clean. Bathrooms have been upgraded..really close to Mac Arthur Airport, stores,restaurants and the LIE. Will be back

• King Room - Smoking

We paid extra for a non-smoking room and while the room itself was non-smoking, there was a smoking area with a standup ashtray about 8 feet away and we could smell cigarette smoke. Also a dresser drawer was off its track and the drawer was useless.

Room was ok for the most part.

• Double Room - Smoking

the staff and peronnell could use some smiles. they don't smile that often. the breakfast location is bad. there's no shade to block the sun from three angles. it felt like they're doing it intentionally so people don't eat there. they don't serve meat. its all bread.

the sheets were very clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The non-smoking room smelled like a smoke lounge. My daughter sat by the open window b/c she couldn't stand the smell. I had to checkout the room hours after I checked in...the folks at the front desk were cool but the room was bad and I'm not a picky person

There were no bedbugs

• Double Room - Smoking

Bed sheets are thin Faint smell of smoking

Staff was very friendly, location was great for our visit and although the room did have a faint smoking smell as per other reviews I now bring a bottle of Frebreeze and spray the rooms when I get in now anyways and it was much better. Note the bed sheets are thin so be sure to bring an extra if you like heavy blankets. Great value for the money!

• King Room - Smoking

The walls & sink in the bathroom were patched. The breakfast area is very tiny & directly between the registration desk & the exterior glass wall & entry door.

It was clean

• King Room - Smoking

Entire room was flithy. Feet turned black after 5 min of walking around room without shoes. Gnats everywhere! Ice bucket and fridge were moldy

They had smoking rooms

• King Room - Smoking

This was an old facility and very dingy. The air conditioning didn't shut off unless you pulled the plug. The fan was full blast even when off the buttons said off. The breakfast was weak. Not even a hard boiled egg. Just bread and cereal . And everything smelled of cigarette smoke. I was in a supposedly nonsmoking room and it reeked of cigarette smoke.

the people at the desk were lovely The bathroom was clean and the towel were soft and fluffy

• King Room - Smoking

The tv was poor quality. But I wasn't in the room often enough to actually be glued to the tv

The room was cleaned daily I really appreciated that. It didn't feel like I was in a inn. Felt like a 5 star hotel

• Double Room - Smoking

The alarm clock and nightstand hadn't been dusted in a month. Had to walk 3 buildings over for ice AND bring our ice bucket. I did get a smoking room, but it smelled like 20 people had been smoking in there the night before. Others could smell the stale smoke at the funeral. Couldn't find the wi-fi password.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hallway had an off-putting smell. Thankfully the room was nice and did not smell.

Room was large and well decorated. The TV while large did not have a crisp image.

• Double Room - Smoking

The hallway in the building had a bad odor, but did not effect the room in any way.

The staff was awesome. They were very friendly. Made my stay very enjoyable. The room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. There in a good location. Close to the airport and shopping centers. Definitely will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't see eggs for breakfast the property and the room were not clean and I did not feel safe there

The restaurant choices around the neighborhood

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• King Room - Smoking

The room was supposed to be smoking free/ smoking free section but the room next to us was a smoking room. The room itself was probably a smoking friendly room. It had a really strong scent to it !!! The room didn't have iron in it either.

The room was spacious. It had a big TV, good heating system.

• King Room - Smoking

I didn't like that the staff had an attitude, the room didn't look like it was cleaned in a while,the tv had a poor picture, and everything was outdated!!! I will not be returning there

I liked that the shower pressure was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like the fact that the carpet in the room was nasty and the room smelt like cigarette smoke. I called the front desk to make a complaint about it and no one never came to check it out. I will not recommend this place to anyone who has kids with asthma. Due to the smell of the smoke my son is now sick from the smell of the dirty smelling room. We will not recommend this Inn to anyone sorry!!!

I like the check in staff they were very friendly

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Room seemed dark-desk lamp and two wall lamps..maybe higher watt bulbs would have helped...I just like lots of light

Needed my check out time extended due to business..no problem

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You knew that the reservation was for three, first day was ok with the linen. The second day you set up the towels for two and I had to pick up towels. Let the staff know about to make sure it wouldn't happen again, that didn't help. Again, the third day, the same thing happened. Do you think i should recommend this place?

The place was excellent. The room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Housekeeping not up to par. Upon arrival there was half eaten pizza still in microwave and food in the fridge. The fitted sheet also was stained. I manage a 144 unit motel and this wouldn't fly at my motel.

Bed was comfy, need more channels on tv too many news channels

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Someone called my room stating that they saw me and wanted to meet me and the call I thought came from the front desk. No matter how I tried to defuse the call he kept on insisting how pretty I was and he wanted to meet me. I felt my privacy was not protected and I felt unsafe

Location kindness of housekeeping

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• King Room - Smoking

I walked into a room smelled nothing like smoke and when I called to see if I change rooms to a non smoking room they said they didn't have any

They had No , non smoking rooms

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

They canceled the day of the reservation over a tax dispute I had with them a month before. They had the reservation for over a week but canceled the day of.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The layout of the buildings are a bit confusing making it harder to find some of the room, numbers especially the rooms that you enter from the inside off the parking lot.

I was quite surprised because the motel does not look like much from the outside. Do not let that fool you. I can only speak for my room, but it was great! Also good free breakfast!

• King Room - Smoking

The room was extremely small and very dreary. The bathroom floor looked as if it needed a good cleaning as there was dust behind the pedestal sink.

The location was perfect for my needs. The staff were pleasant and the breakfast offered in the morning adequate.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• King Room - Smoking

The breakfast is just ok ..and I didn't like their coffee

The people there are very nice and helpful ..this is my 3rd stay with them and it's been fine ..

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Considering price, also the continental breakfast is OK. But why not add whole wheat to the bread & bagel spectrum.

Convenient location if you (like my son and me) need to be in several places on Long Island, and still a well-manageable distance from Manhattan, either by car or by LIRR from Ronkonkoma station. Friendly small hotel with comfortable rooms, having excellent beds. Well-working Wifi.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

When booking on line I was asked if I had any special requests. Then I was given options such as early check which i did request such and was reflected on my booking. When I arrived I was told check in wasn't until such time. It wasn't until I ask the desk clerk if they were going honor my request things changed.

The new renovation of rooms....the modern look

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Old room and bathroom. Very creeky bed. Didn't walk the floors without shoes. Bathroom shower spitted water from a low-flow shower head. Expensive for what it was.

Small refrigerator and microwave was nice.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• King Room - Smoking

We were there for a friend's 80s themed wedding. The day of the wedding a staff member came to our room to say our clothing was inappropriate and unacceptable!!! (I was dressed Madonna-ish) I found this completely uncalled for and changed our whole view of the motel

It was clean and suited our needs. The bed was super comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Double Room - Smoking

Room was dirty had to call to have staff change dirty sheets. Very dirty I booked two rooms for two nights but could only stay one due to condition of rooms. They would not refund my last day for two rooms can you help with a refund?

Clean

• King Room - Smoking

Our room was old and dirty. The bed cover had burn holes and the carpet had tears and was dirty. Bed very stiff.

• King Room - Smoking

The rooms were not clean,the beds were old and needed to be replaced,house keeping is horriblewould not go back

Really nothing

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

The room has be redone but the building is old.

Small dreary and dark. There was a concert blaring away across the way.

• King Room - Smoking

Carpet was worn and dirty

Comfortable bed

Every thing

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress was old style, with coils

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More accessible outlets are needed. Had to put the coffee pit on the floor.

The room was very clean.

No time for breakfast

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom area was very small. Felt closed in

Staff was very pleasant. Offered a good variety of cable channels. It was affordable for me.

Bathroom was to small

Room was very clean

Dirty desk n chair

Bed was comfy!

• King Room - Smoking

Quiet, clean, love the room

• Double Room - Smoking

Could have been more towels, I booked a double room and only had enough towels and cloths for two people

The room was very spacious.

• King Room - Smoking

It was dirty, carpet was disgusting. Cum stains on the walls. - I can’t make that up. Ridiculous

Staff did their best.

Tv. Bad picture

Tv

Nothing to complaint

Very clean and confortable

All

• King Room - Smoking

Lots of loud road noise. Wasn't able to sleep.

Easy access to location.

• King Room - Smoking

Convience from MacArthur airport. Availabilty of smoking room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It could have been a lot cleaner, quieter, and safer

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no eggs, the beds were comfortable, coffee was good, breakfast was nice.

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Very easy check in. Room was perfect for one night bed slightly uncomfortable very close to airport

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Not much space to put cases, bathroom was quite small

Good value for money, nothing flash but the bed was super comfy and it had everything we needed.

This is th worst hotel I've ever been. Expensive rate with poor facilities. Disappointed!

Not at all.

• King Room - Smoking

orange juice and coffee and i love coffee

continental no eggs. Waffles were good

• King Room - Smoking

Yes very clean and affordabke

Not a thing

The staff was exemplary

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast for a buffet. I've had better, but usually don't have much better at home.

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Price and employes were very nice

• King Room - Smoking

Rooms with non smoking should be made available for non smokers

Staff was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom tile grout needs scrubbing

Taste waffles

• King Room - Smoking

It could've been a lot cleaner . Matched photos online when I booked.bed could be cleaner and newer

• Double Room - Smoking

Being an Ex-smoker hate ash trays

Very friendly and great value

rooms smelt horrible!!!!!

Coffee wasn't very good

People were very friendly.. they gave me my room request.. very clean room

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Double Room - Smoking

Smoke smell in non smoking room

Staff

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Small King Room - Non-Smoking

Mattres in room needs some work--Replace it

Clean, bathroom small but updated, really close to airport

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The woman at the front dest was nasty with her attitude.the blankets are too thin.

It was quiet