Reviews of Embassy Suites Anaheim - South 3 stars

11767 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, Anaheim, CA 92840, USA

#15 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

Somewhat near disneyland
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They did not provide the room tgat I requested and paid for. Manager said nothing he could do even though provided email stating 2 double suites with confirmation. Blamed booking.com stating never received emails or calls regarding our stay. I should receive full refund. Experiencing back pains and spasm from sleeping on sofa pull out. Manager said he would send extra mattress for pull out, never did nor pillows Promised two double beds next night. Assured me. Next night, exhausted from Disneyland manager could not find a room for me. Claiming did not know what happened.

Somewhat near disneyland

• Corner Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking lot stalls way to small even for compact car ...noise from family next room over was going on for hours while I was trying to sleep for medical appt next day

Really nice ..great breakfast friendly staff nice big room I got executive king suite plenty of room

It was okay.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that there was hidden fees when I checked in. Incidentals That was not included in the total price which should of been. Charging for parking while we’re paying so much to stay there anyway.

We had a mostly wonderful family vacation.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Huge shortage in parking and slow, slow elevators were more than annoying.

The convenience of location, helpful, helpful staff, breakfast and happy hour all made our vacation so much nicer.

Great location and I would tell others to stay here.
    • King Suite Roll-In Shower- Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The parking sites. They were small and at night not very well lite. The parking in the rear of the hospital had better spots to park but there was no entrance to the hotel.

The staff is very helpful and courteous especially during breakfast and happy hour. Alex was very helpful and made us feel like family.

okay - not as good as other Embassy Suites I have stayed at
    • King Suite Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

need outlets in bedroom for curling iron and cell phone recharging - I was put in disabled room and there is no counter for sundries - quite difficult to manuever front desk would not ok an hour later checkout even though on the website it says you will for seniors ???

liked omelet cooked to order

Breakfast was great.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed made noise anytime you moved. The water at the sink wouldn't turn off. Asked for an extra hour in the room so i didn't have to wait in the lobby and was told no.

Breakfast was great. The room was comfortable.

It was nice but next time will stay somewhere else. Pretty expensive for what we got.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn’t realize that there was an addition deposit to stay and we had to pay for WiFi and pay $17 a day for parking. Parking fee made no sense.

The free breakfast was delicious made to order so nice fresh and warm. And the staff was helpful and friendly.

It was a good experience
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that you have to pay for parking & parking was limited. There is a lot of business sharing the same parking lot & it was very tight.

I liked that it felt like being at home. It was spacious. Breakfast & complimentary drinks & snacks were very good.

It was amazing! We didn’t want to leave!

No complaints

We loved everything about our stay! We will definitely be returning! The breakfast buffet was so good and convenient!!! Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything was so clean! The room was very nice and clean and very spacious!

Loved the fitness room and pool area.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was a farther walk to the convention center than we thought. Taking a Lyft everyday made it easier though.

Loved the fitness room and pool area. The rooms were a great size.

I'm happy my kids had fun! Thank you!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking, I had 2 cars and I saw a lot of cars in the parking lot with no yellow tags.I was honest & told you I have 2 cars but seems like I could of said I have one.

Everything! My kids loved it. So much around in the lobby area

Big room, comfortable bed, great location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Definitely a family place (Disney close by). Breakfast felt like a cruise ship with a ton of people.

Made-to-order omelets that didn’t take forever—even for a huge line of people.

Not as I remember it was last time.
    • Corner Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

slow wifi, expensive parking, i don't remember that they charge me last time, some other hotels when you forgot things in the room and if they are not big they mail it to you at no cost, this hotel charge and use an expensive carrier (FEDEX).

We had a short time to enjoy the hotel, the main reason is because we were headed to disneyland,.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The towels in the room were very old looking.

I liked the ability to walk up to made ready food for the kids and avoid the line for omelet. The potatoes were nice and warm and crispy.

Very successful bachelorette weekend!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

This particular stay I absolutely loved the bellhops, they helped my friend and I tremendously when we arrived and when we checked out. This Embassy Suites is always my go-to for Disneyland vacations!

Average at best for a very expensive property. Poor customer service.
    • King Suite with View - Non-Smoking

Overcharged for parking. Fitness center is small. Requested room away from elevator and was put next to it. The hotel GM never replied to resolve issues. Disappointing visit.

3 day vacay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Small parking spots but that does not take away from the overall experience of the hotel.

Clean and spacious room. Enjoyed the separate living area. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was good.

Excellent stay for a very reasonable rate.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A shuttle to and from the Convention Center would've been convenient.

Hotel was clean and beautiful, the restaurant and fitness room were excellent. Close walk to Convention Center.

Trip to remember
    • Larger King Suite - Non-Smoking

The later check in time at 3 pm can be a problem but you can request early check in although it wouldn't be guaranteed.

That it was beautifully decorated and absolutely breath taking. The price was also good in comparison to the environment and quality. I would undoubtably return

Parking was too high!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was too high! $17.00 a day was never mentioned in booking.. Parking spaces were mainly for compact tiny cars.. Besides that.. Great staff and clean rooms!!

I don’t think I’ll be going back
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

For the price I paid it wasn’t up to standard. The room service left my blanket I requested on the floor outside the room. There wasn’t enough towels and when I called the front desk I never got an answer

A great family trip to Disney!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms could be updated a little. But it’s not anything that would cause me not to stay there again. Although the beds were pretty stiff. We had a double suite.

The free breakfast was great! Tons of options. And the free happy hour at night was a great bonus! Especially after a long day at Disney. The shuttle to Disney was very convenient and we never found ourselves waiting for a long time. Which is key with a toddler. We would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Quality accommodations with an great complimentary breakfast and dinner
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I could not get the thermostat to go below 72 degrees as well as the others in my group in other rooms. This is the first place I've experienced this issue. The daily parking fee and need to purchase a shuttle pass to Disneyland. Above

I liked the suite and having a separate bedroom. The breakfast was much more than I've had at other facilities. All the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The few small issues I had were immediately and promptly taken care of.

The staff were very friendly & helpful.
    • King Suite Roll-In Shower- Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The hotel was beautiful & relaxing. The breakfast buffet excellent especially the made to order omelets. The Serengeti Grill Restaurant had excellent food for dinner with an excellent staff to serve you. I loved my two room suite.

Always very accommodating!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was fabulous. The breakfast stafff were extremely friendly and helpful. Chef and clean up stafff were incredible! All our family loves to stay there.

I will not stay again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The restaurant/bar service was horrible and the quality of product was less than expected.

My Vertigo was off the charts during my stay. Your staff was incredible in finding me a room on the lowest floor possible with the stairwell close ti the room.

I liked the large, spacious suite with pull out bed,...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The carpets on the 11th floor need to be shampooed and cleaned. As a frequent embassy suite customer, I usually enjoy the fresh cook to order breakfast but on both days of my stay, the vegetables in the omelette were cold and soggy.

I liked the large, spacious suite with pull out bed, comfortable beds, variety of breakfast options and close proximity to Disneyland.

It was a vacation our entire family enjoyed and we hope to revisit again next year or maybe sooner.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice to receive a discount of one night stay for staying four nights like some of the other hotels were offering.

We enjoyed the wide selection of delicious breakfast and the friendly staff!

The free breakfast is delicious and the rooms are...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevators are so slow. I waited for 10 minutes one day for an elevator to stop on my floor.

The free breakfast is delicious and the rooms are comfortable.

Food was great, don't think we will be returning to this hotel in the future.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When booking the room, it was said that the suite could fit 6 people.,but once in the room we realized all of the beds are "FULL" and that is the biggest bed sized the hotel had. I've stayed in many hotels and have never slept in anything smaller than a "queen". The bedding situation was super uncomfortable, staff did not really care about our discomfort. Only a small and very petite group of 6 people could have stayed comfortable. Pull-out couch mattresses was very thin, you could feel the springs on your back.

- I really liked the location and how close it was to Disneyland. - The hotel has really good breakfast!

Nice stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The tram is a ripoff, take an uber to Disney it will be the same price ($6) as It costs for one adult to take the tram. Didn't like having to pay extra for parking either, just built that into the price maybe?

Decent place. Not the best embassy suites I've been to but this one is was good. Best part was the location, about a mile from Disney land and close to all other Anahiem attractions. Pool area is nice and happy hour was great. Hotel was Nice and clean too!

Good hotel, but be prepared to circle parking lot for places. They need more handicap spots.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One tv remote missing. Called desk and they brought one up quickly. Batteries low in both. Last night had to call about remote again. I have to say they quickly came both times. Good service. Carpeting in hallways need to be stretched or replaced. Furniture in rooms was dated, but clean.

The rooms are a good size and clean.

The room was spacious, breakfast was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was not charged the price agreed upon with booking.com. I was overcharged by almost $100. I will be making a complaint.

The room was spacious, breakfast was good. Shuttle to Disneyland.

Can't wait to book again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had to wait 45 minutes past our check in time for room to be cleaned.

Everything about our stay was excellent from the breakfast to cocktail hour and the view from our room was amazing.

Everything!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything! Great staff, very friendly and helpful! Rooms were clean,cool and comfortable! Breakfast was awesome and a great way to start our day! The hot tub hit the spot at the end of the day:) Fireworks from our room was Awesome! We loved staying there and were sad to leave!

I really recommend it to everybody

I liked everything. Thank you

It was a great service, everything is nice and clean. The breakfast is so good and you can take the food to the room. And the swim pool is clean and the hours are good. Even for the summer it is open until mightnight.

Great Price. I would stay here again.
    • King Suite with View - Non-Smoking

the only thing i didn't like was that it was about a mile away from disneyland, however, the shuttle gets you there in about 15 minutes.

I made a last minute reservation for a Disney weekend. This place was really nice and family oriented. My kids loved sleeping on the pullout bed in the living room while my girlfriend and I stayed in the bedroom. The staff was amazing. there was as shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to Disneyland. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast is allegedly "made to order" but they really just offer omelettes with a standard continental breakfast; it was all tasty though. My kids liked looking at the pod with the big Koi fish. The place was very clean, room service was fast. this is a great price for a suite.

It is all about the Family
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

bathroom sink had a smell. We brushed our teeth at the alternate sink in the room, pool was crowded which we didnt mind but there was a group with rowdy kids throughing balls, and flipping into the pool with mininal space for safety for others.

Full breakfast & happy hour with complientary chips and salsa with veggies was conveinent. Cold water at the front desk was also available and came right on time after an exhausting hot day at the park. There is a Disney shuttle that is available at a small cost, and runs until the park closes. Overall the stay was better than we expected and we will come again

We really liked the location of the property, the pool area...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator situation was a bit much, waiting up to 5-10 minutes for an elevator is WAY too long especially when we were just on the 3rd floor. Paying for Parking when taxes and resort fees are already placed on the bill is bit much. Especially when the resort is at least a mile away. I can see it if the resort was across the street, but it is not. I don't like to be punished for driving, then there is a Shuttle that you ALSO have to pay for! I didn't like that either. $120 extra for a over priced room as it is

We really liked the location of the property, the pool area was big enough to accommodate the large crowd, the breakfast was really good!!!

Just as shown in the pictures!/ excellent stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We didn't like that you had to pay for parking it was $15 a night and that could easily add up especially after paying lots of money for the attractions already you also had to pay for the shuttle that takes you to Disneyland. Once again did not appreciate the girl at the Disney ticket counter!

Location,amenities and hotel staff were amazingly great except for the girl at the Disney ticket counter, she was extremely rude and seemed like she hated her job and like our questions annoyed her! (This was during the early/daytime during our stay) hotel was literally less than a mile from the major theme parks. There were also many great restaurants to pick from at a walking distance and a target right acrossed the way to buy snacks and waters. Loved that breakfast was complementary that was huge! Breakfast was buffet style and had excellent choices, especially for the kids. Also liked that they offered refreshing water as soon as you walk into the facility to cool you off after traveling or a long hot day at Disneyland. Overall enjoyed our stay here and will definitely stay here again in the future and will definitely recommend it to others visiting the area.

Once was enough!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our deluxe King Suite was spacious but very bare bones! Dark, worn and brown, everything is drab. When I opened the Embassy Suites information book a used bandage fell out!! After all the lovely reviews I read I am disappointed. We were on the 9th floor, and our (lovely) view was of a dirt covered field and part of the parking lot:( I had asked for a view of Disney fireworks or garden or city.....not quite what I was hoping for!! Nobody at the front desk seemed to care. It would be a good place for a family of 4 or more on a budget to stay, just wouldn't stay here if you are a couple on holiday.

The Disneyland shuttle driver and The Creamistry for freshly made ice cream. It is across the street from Disney. The evening reception is nice, but would be nicer if the glasses were clean!!

Embassy Suites Hotel Anaheim South
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location to Disneyland was too far. We walked it once and took over half an hour. The shuttle is also quite expensive at $6.00 per person per day. We stayed at The Candy Cane Inn last time and the shuttle was complimentary for guests staying at the Hotel. I would recommend this.

The breakfast was great. The staff were friendly. Although the rooms were a little dated, they were still very clean and large.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Definitely One Of My New Favs
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only thing is that you have to pay for parking but I will still be coming back

Beautiful hotel, Great staff, Great location, Great breakfast buffet, Very clean. Just all around amazing. Will definitely definitely be coming back

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The embassy helped make our Disneyland experience great
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is super family friendly and also accommodates mommy and daddy's that want to sneak away and have happy hour😊 The staff was super friendly We we're provided a play yard sleeper for my 14month daughter free of charge. The guest were equally as nice. My husband forgot his cell phone at the table we we're having breakfast at and someone actually turned it in to house keeping

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Ok hotel, just watch that the amount charged is what was agreed upon.
    • Corner Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

They charged my account 120$ over the agreed upon rate. As I had budgeted everything very closely for this vacation the overcharge resulted in bank overage fees. I am attempting to communicate with them over this discrepancy.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

We will definitely stay here again!

The options at breakfast were great. The attentiveness and efficiency of the staff at breakfast was excellent. I love that there are laundry facilities. The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Not worth the money.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Something kept making scratching noises in the walls and it kept me awake. The breakfast area kept running out of plates and silverware and the eating area was not kept clean. The overall feel of the place was tired and dusty.

The water pressure was great.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Complimentary breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk have given us one key that was defective but it would be nice to be on situations like this, that way us guest have no worries during our stay.

Complimentary breakfast. Quietness of the hotel. No noisy kids and no sounds on cars driving by. Our room was like a mini condo. Really enjoyed having a closed off room with a living room. Also a little mini bar was def a treat.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Amazing value to this hotel! Great for families with young children.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Because of the great value of the hotel, sometimes it is a little crowded and it could use some extra elevators to help with the amount of traffic.

We liked the free breakfast buffet every morning. The beds were also very comfortable with a close 20 minute walk to Disneyland.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great breakfast. Great nightly reception. Just great overall. Loved our stay.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds View - Non-Smoking

The WIFI is terrible. It almost never worked our entire stay. As someone who has press responsibilities for the event I was there to cover, WIFI is a huge help. But if that is seriously my ONLY complaint things are going well. Keep up the great work.

Loved the nightly reception with free snacks and drinks. Also loved the breakfast in the mornings. Because of these two things we will be staying there at least once a year. The bar area had some excellent staff, specifically Ruben. He is awesome. We had a great time chatting with him and ate some excellent food. We were also able to see the Disney fireworks from our room which was pretty awesome. Overall I can truthfully say this was the best experience I have ever had at any hotel. And it isn't even close.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

We have Stayed at this location 10 times this will be our last
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Furniture was falling apart in our room. For $300 a night I would expect the couch to not be peeling . Room service food quality was horrible. The picture below is my $15 grilled cheese that's was supposed to be on thick garlic Texas toast. It's was disgusting!

Free happy hour

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Breakfast is always awesome!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Please! please! PLEASE do something about the elevator issues and what I mean by that is it's stopping on every single floor going down and even up. It took me 10 min one time to get down from the 12th floor. I can get down faster using the stairs. Which we did.

Breakfast is always awesome!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Accommodations nice.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Hearing Impaired/Non-Smoking

Accommodations nice. Attended a wedding and had a chance to visit with son & family in the Embassy Suites environment. It would have been nice to have an indoor swimming pool considering the very hot temperatures. Breakfast was excellent. Had trouble with air conditioning...couldn't get it cold enough in the over 100 degree weather. However, I would come again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Nice Stay!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The appetizer at dinner was over cooked but some were compensated but mine was to go and when I got it, it was over cooked.

i liked the space and the breakfast. Staff was ver accommodating.

Great Family Hotel
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only a few minor things we did not enjoy but wouldn't keep us from booking again. The elevators took kind of long, and there was always long lines and not enough dishes for breakfast.

The staff was super nice and very accommodating. We had an issue with our air conditioner and they immediately gave me options for other rooms and to see which room got the coldest so we could choose. When we decided to just stay in the room we were in they sent someone to check the AC and he fixed the problem within minutes. The housekeeping people were awesome. I asked for more pillows because I need lots of pillows when I sleep and they brought them without question. The housekeeping lady was Norma and she went above and beyond to clean our room and did what no other housekeeping has done before. She's the best I have ever seen.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Excellent! Even for couples with no kids.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. The hotel was very clean, the beds were very comfortable, the breakfast was varied and delicious. I appreciate the good fluffy clean towels and that the front desk offered a room with a view of the Disneyland fireworks. I did not even have to ask. This hotel was surprisingly quiet also even though it's close to Disneyland and caters to families with young kids. I will be coming to OC frequently and this is my hotel of choice.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Embassy is not the great value it once was..:(
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Awful pillows.... No extra bedding for pull out....pull out mattress awful shape.....expensive overnight parking

the ability to buy Disneyland tickets at hotel very convenient .....manager very friendly

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Hidden fees
    • Corner King Suite with View - Non-Smoking

The price was one thing on booking.com and they don't tell you they charge a 20% incidental fee. That's just ridiculous. My family and I stayed one night checked out and went to a hotel down the street. The new place was less price wise and walking distance to the park. With no hidden cost.

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

I would consider staying elsewhere.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Runny scrambled eggs😝 fruit wasn't ripe, housekeeping crowded elevators to transport linens👎 Ice machine on floor #6 was broken; inconvenient to go to another floor😏faire for the shuttle to Disneyland should be included w/stay.

bed was great.
    • King Suite Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Air conditioning could have been better.

bed was great.

I loved it here.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved it here. It was well kept and very family friendly. It was exactly what a vacation hotel should be. We loved it.

Will be back
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hot rooms for ice machines, and sodas

Friendly staff. Kept clean. Great location

Good breakfast, nice big rooms with comfortable beds.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast, nice big rooms with comfortable beds. Liked being close to Disneyland.

It was amazing.
    • Larger King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was amazing. The staff was great. Our room was perfect, we didn’t want to leave

My stay was great.

evening social hour food could be improved

Everything was great. breakfast was good and the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

Good overall will likely stay again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room service Prices, Room service Pizza was Frozen junk. Parking Fee.

Included Breakfast, Room service available, Lobby, Location

It was Clean comfortable all staff were very friendly...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was Clean comfortable all staff were very friendly centrally located to restaurants, Liquor stores and Outlets of Orange

Fabulous
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our stay was met with above expectations.Wasnt aware of happy hour daily and Best breakfast hands down. Would deffently return.

Great times and great value!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice clean room, nice view of pool, comfortable beds, good TV's with accessible channels, good breakfast and evening reception.

drink reception
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was hard and Ac in room was horrible

drink reception

It was great.
    • Larger King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking was a bit odd. Some cars took up two parkings. That’s been my only concern everytime I stay there.

Everything was great

Everything about the hotel during our visit was so pleasant

Everything about the hotel during our visit was so pleasant

I would stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pillows were not comfortable.

Nice bed. Clean. Big breakfast. Bonus happy hour.

I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and happy hour.
    • Larger King Suite - Non-Smoking

I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and happy hour.