Reviews of Embassy Suites Arcadia-Pasadena Area 3 stars

211 East Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91006, USA

#5 of 7 hotels in Arcadia

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Friendly, welcoming and comfortable.
    • King Suite

If I'm being picky I felt Breakfast was only 'sufficient' as range of choices could have been better. Bathroom was a little cosy.

Staff were very welcoming, room was good, comfortable bed, decent shower, non scratchy towels, wifi and tv were fine, bar staff very friendly and drinks reception good. Free parking and plenty of it. In a decent part of town.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Everything was wonderful we enjoyed the staff and facilities...
    • King Suite

Everything was wonderful we enjoyed the staff and facilities and the swimming pool nice to have it indoors

The cocktail happy hour was a treat
    • King Suite

The cocktail happy hour was a treat Great drinks and lobby is nice to relax and enjoy. The breakfast was amazing lots of choices Fresh and over the top

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

You feel like home
    • King Suite

They charge me one day extra charge as weekend rate . I stayed 13 days i face 2 weekend that means i should pay 4 days as week end charge . They charge me 5 days with higher rate. The explanation was not convinced.

Comfortable place , excellent location

Horrible
    • King Suite

The hot tub was dirty and no one cleaned it. They never answer in housekeeping or front desk whether you call early in the morning or at night time. I didn't call the front desk or housekeeping much but for towels and when I did it took 40 minutes to get towels and that's when I followed up calling back 30 minutes after the first call. This is not a good hotel at all. I'm very disappointed this is an Embassy Suites Hotel

It was OK
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

The room they gave use was not Cleaned. Open Soap and Used water bottle. Bed not made. They Up Graded is to Room 731. Went in. No Towels and “No Pillows”. Called again came Up with Pillows and we left at 4:30 Came back to room At 10:00 pm still no Towels. Called “ third time and then they came up with Towels ☹️

Room size. And free Breakfest

3rd time wasn't the charm, unfortunately.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

They are going through a remodel. The staff was friendly but our room had a few issues. We had issues with the door, the shower and the housekeeping staff didn't put in new towels after cleaning the room on 2 occasions.

Great location. Around good restaurants, great access to the interstate.

breakfast and free beer
    • King Suite

The "upgraded" light switch in the bathroom is difficult to find by touch in the dark... very annoying. I miss all the greenery and coy ponds.

breakfast and free beer

Went to get away from home and relax but did little relation due to all mentioned above
    • King Suite

Requested to be placed on the 1st floor. Was placed on the 6th floor right off the elevator so volume was loud, room was on the side were heavy traffic flowed thru, couple arguing at 11:00 pm right outside room in parking lot and 2 car alarms went off before 8 am. They no longer have keurig machines in the rooms or computer area with printer as before remodel and construction work during stay at hotel

Liked the walking location to restaurants and starbucks

They were remodeling the dinning area so we ate dinner in...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The property wasn’t the normal qality I expect from Embassy Suites but adequate. It was an older property and they were trying to upgrade the facility with the remodel.

They were remodeling the dinning area so we ate dinner in the breakfast area. We enjoyed the happy hour.

It was a one night stay which was very comfortable.
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

When we checked in they actually didn't have our complete reservation (which we had made months earlier) and did have confirmation for.

That there was two rooms; one with the bed and the other a desk and setting room.

Will not return to this property.
    • King Suite

1. Room was very cold at night. could not get any heat. Was told by front desk that HVAC system is very old and I should have ordered a space room heater. ? Also, the north wind was blowing under the room door due to construction?? 2. No water to purchase. At least provide bottled water in the rooms. 3. No coffee pods were replaced one night. 4. Dirty dishes and coffee cups were not taken away by housekeeping. 5. Bathroom fan was EXTREMELY LOUD. Could not turn on light without fan turning on and waking husband and vice versa all night long. 6. Bed comforter kept falling off bed at foot end. 7. Extremely loud noises from atrium. 8. We will seek another property when we come to CALIF again. 9. Never used breakfast included with room. Too crowded.

2 room suite

nice plce to stay comfortably fits 6 people in a double queen room
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

there was no snack vending machines We arrived late so had a late night craving but the staff hooked us up with a few snacks and water bottles so not dissapointed at all.

very clean rooms and quiet hotel they offer a good breakfast and i read i the room ammeneties in the hotel that they offer free snacks and drinks between 5-7pm considering staying here again

I am sure to remember that place anytime i am in the area
    • King Suite

actually the place is under construction so it's being upgraded. I loved the location just super central easy in an out to everywhere. The morning breakfast an the evening snacks was just perfect for the person like me who is used to being served.. so it was very comfortable.

Bad hotel. Under construction was not told
    • King Suite

Room didn't get cleaned 11st day till I went to the desk to complain. 2nd day didn't leave any towels in room or clean up old towels had to go find maid to get new. Horderves at reception are not Horderves Embassy suites used to be a top notch hotel but 2nd bad experience in a row. Will not be staying with them ever again. All around horrible experience.

Room location and girl at front desk very nice

Great place for family
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The breakfast was ok. There was a wait when items ran out. Staff was not visible to let them know.

Very clean facility, friendly staff, we were able to check in early after a long drive.

This place exceeded my expectations.
    • King Suite

Nothing bad about this place

This place was amazing. Stayed for three days and every one of those days was extremely comfortable.The room was very spacious, you couldn't hear noises from other rooms, breakfast was delicious. Definitely recommend.

It was a nice stay with my husband and kids!
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The breakfast food and coffee could be replenished faster and the eggs where runny but I’m not complaining. The breakfast convenience is good.

Still remodeling but nice, roomy and comfortable

Loved the room and everything in it, beyond amazingly...

Everything was great.

Loved the room and everything in it, beyond amazingly comfortable. Great complimentary breakfast we are definitely coming back. Thank you so very much.

Stay was good overall:)
    • King Suite

The place was under construction and I had to detour through another room to elevators. Staff were very nice. Cooking staff (omelet maker-- culinary expert) were excellent!

Friendly and comfortable stay
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Hearing Accessible

The hotel was being renovated so amenities weren't at their best, and there was only one washer and dryer for guest use. However I'm sure once the renovations were completed it would be lovely.

The rooms were a great size and very comfortable. Happy hour was great, and a lot of fun. Food was good at the hotel, but also lots of other great places to eat close by. It is located in a great area.

Ok but could be better
    • King Premium Suite

Heating/conditioning system didn't work (Staff offered us an electric radiator) There was no information on booking.com or hotel website that the renovation was in process so only one lift worked, noisy with building machines, every day not enough tables for all to have breakfast, so very crowded and you have to wait till sitting or occupating table to eat your meal. Loud lift as you can hear it all night.

Staff is very helpful and friendly Clean Bathrobes Snacks and drinks for free in the suit Quite good breakfast

Old facility with modest upgrade make this Embassy Suite more of a Econolodge.
    • King Suite

We stayed in a remodeled room but the remodel was not impressive. Cheap warped doors that did not latch. In the bathroom, the shower rails are already rusting onto the plastic shower floor. Carpet was badly installed with frays already. The air conditioning was malfunctioning throughout the hotel for the entire 6-day stay, creating high room humidity. The sink drain was not installed correctly so the water did not drain faster than it filled. I could go on but the point is the new rooms are generic and I don’t expect them to wear well.

Having a suite with a separate sitting room or separate sleep room. The bed was comfortable. The staff was pleasant. Custom omelettes are complimentary in he mornings.

The color and pattern in the carpeting is nauseating.
    • King Suite

The color and pattern in the carpeting is nauseating. Everything is a shade of black or gray. We do not need hotels to look like office corrals. .

Very disappointed!
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The elevators not working properly. The non smoking room smelled like a disgusting smokehouse. Had to leave at 6am, not one elevator worked. Had to take 6 flights of stairs down with luggage. Zero staff available.

Miserable
    • King Suite

This facility was under renovation- Cement dust everywhere - breathable- Welding going on - Smell- Should not be allowed to be open Staff was pleasant about it but I want my money back

Breakfast was good .
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Currently property is under renovation so dinning area was bit tight.. hard to find the table to accommodate whole family on single table. We have to split in three table .. Other than that experience was good.

Breakfast was good .

The staff was super friendly the huge selection for...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Hotel is currently under renovations so it’s not the most nice looking hotel when you walk in but the rooms are amazing

The staff was super friendly the huge selection for breakfast and the free alcoholic beverages

Always read the small print! MISTAKE!
    • King Suite

It was fully under construction. Yes, it was stated in the fine print, but it should of been in bold print on the first page. It was Dusty and NOISEY even on Saturday. As my planed events were in the evenings I could not relax during the day. Breakfast was served in a hallway. It felt more like a shelter than a fine hotel.

Shaken, rattled and rolled!
    • King Suite

Booking.com could have informed me that the Embassy Suites was under major renovation!!! I mean MAJOR!!! Concrete saws reverberating all the way to the 5th floor! Jackhammers until early evening. I would not have booked had I known of the extent of this construction. Should have suspected by price quote!

The staff did a very good job in abysmal conditions. They were responsive to our requests and tried to accommodate circumstances beyond their control.

The staff was very accommodating during the renovation.
    • King Suite

The only bummer was that it was still under renovation. So no pretty view of lobby, just dirt and plastic covering and boards. The staff made it do able.

The staff was very accommodating during the renovation. The front desk guy I think his name was Adam or Adrian can't remember but he was great.

I booked wrong day for my reservation , but no one call me...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I booked wrong day for my reservation , but no one call me to check until I be there on next day. I try to ask for some discount for our new stay, the manager refused with very cool attitude.

Staff was very friendly
    • King Suite

I was surprised to find premises was under construction and large part inaccessible. I was not informed of this prior to our arrival. Also, pool water had way to much chlorine.

Staff was very friendly

Bad night.
    • King Suite

Under staffed by their own admission. Phone calls to front desk unanswered. First room we were given had a terrible smell. We had to be moved to another room. Renovations going on and we should have been informed. It was a terrible experience.

The staff where excellent I loved everything about Embassy...
    • King Suite

The staff where excellent I loved everything about Embassy suites we got one of the newly remodeled rooms. The breakfast was excellent. Loved happy hour and te food is delicious.

Stay away until they finish remodel
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

This the the worst Embaasy suite I ever stay. Under major remodel. People run around in the middle of the night. Call front desk at 2am and the response was ' call in the morning after 9am'

I was able to cancel the rest of my stay. I stay only 1 night

disappointed in timing with a reno
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

If I had know a renovation was in process I would not have stayed here and spent so much money for the room for 2 nites. previously stayed here 5 yrs ago, so was looking forward to our stay. Feel a discount would have been nice because of noise etc

breakfast was great... room was clean and roomy

Liked the suite, breakfast and cocktail hour.
    • King Suite

Did not like the refurbished doors, they looked and felt cheap. The hotel was under significant renovation with the courtyard being totally covered and tore up.... Monitors on workout equipment did not work, hotel had a problem keeping the swimming pool clear (cloudy water.... not good). Price from Booking.com was not applied..... $194 from Booking.com, Hotel charged $219 which I had to get corrected after I got online to show them the email with the price. SOMETHING'S WRONG HERE AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER IT WAS THE HOTEL OR BOOKING.COM

Liked the suite, breakfast and cocktail hour..... Bed was good. Overall nice room

3.5
    The property was under construction and was to much noise...
    • King Suite

The property was under construction and was to much noise and smell like paint and the prices for the room was to expensive for the condition of the hotel

Room comfortable but staff didn't deal with problems
    • King Suite

Bathroom cleanliness not up to par. Complained to front desk to no avail. Water shut off without notice. Could not shower my last morning

Comfortable room

Unsafe for families. Not what you expect from Embassy Suites or Hilton.
    • King Premium Suite

There was someone in my room who ran out after I tried to open the room door. So attention to detail and security are unacceptable. I was very disappointed. Staff wer very nice, but not upset.

Remodeled rooms will be nice when construction is complete.

It was good and quiet!
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofabed; I can feel the springs on my back all night.

Breakfast was good! Shower door keep on opening during showering. And sofa bed wasn't pleasant at all😑

Construction inside made things less accommodating,...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Construction inside made things less accommodating, elevators were not all in service, breakfast was crowded due to construction, bathroom was cramped, pillows were not firm or supportive.

Old. Dirty. Run down. Under refurbishment.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The worst Embassy Suites I've ever stayed in. We endured one night and checked out early. It was awful! Dirty. Old. Run down. And the main area of the hotel reminded me of the haunted mansion with the amount of dust on the plants. Could not get out quick enough!

Perfect place for weekend getaway
    • King Suite

The water in the shower could have been a little stronger and the second sink in the bedroom did not drain. It was clogged.

The location was great. The staff was amazing. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour were fantastic. I love that we did not have to drive anywhere. Restaurants were literally steps away.

Overall, this hotel is good for a staycation.
    • King Suite

The room was not well dusted.

The sitting area was separate from the bedroom and I appreciate the many lights that brightened the room. Most especially, the room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I had a bedroom suite for the price of room in a hotel.
    • King Suite

I had a bedroom suite for the price of room in a hotel. Love the space. Place was very clean. Breakfast was excellent. You really get your money's worth and more.

Nice
    • King Suite

Had to change room because air conditioner was too loud and bathroom air conditioner was too loud also. The room that we were changed to was not as loud but was louder than the additional room we booked. The sofa beds weren't very comfortable either. You could feel the springs. The rooms were very nice otherwise.

Everything except for what we didn't like in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Huge Disappointment
    • Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom so small it's like your in a closet. Cramped, horrible lighting and the noisy fan coming on every time the light was turned on drove me nuts. Just enough room to open the door and missed the front of the toilet by 2 inches. Water stains at upper part of baseboard behind bath door next to tub. Table/desk way too high. I was resting my chin on the top when sitting in the chair. Volume on TV in sitting area would not go up. Felt claustrophobic. Couldn't wait to get out of there and I know I couldn't handle being there more than one night.

The desk staff and restaurant staff were great and the food was great. I'd lived in Arcadia all my life and had eaten in the restaurant before. I retired out of state a year ago and returned for my husbands funeral. The room was a huge disappointment. Were told they had just been remodeled. The designer needs to be fired. I'd just come from 3 nights at the Ayres Hotel/Suites. This was a definite let down. I can say I've had better experiences at other Embassy Suites.

A lovely weekend stay at the hotel near Renaissance Faire!

Nothing, everything was great! 😁

Everything was absolutely perfect! Super friendly staff. Was in a room that was very convenient access to the pool, banquet area and parking lot. Room was an amazing suite for an amazing price. Will definitely stay there again when I'm working a full weekend at Faire. 😊

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Good location and price
    • King Suite

The breakfast selection was limited compared to other embassy suites we've stayed at.

The customer service was great. My family and I also enjoyed the indoor heated pool, the breakfast was included with the stay and the location.

Great convenient place to stay.
    • King Suite

I did not like that the social hour seemed boring. Only music on was for the staff. Also, TV was hard to change stations very low volume. Bartender was great and worked the crowd.

Room was clean, but a little tight. Not sure if premium rooms are more spacious. Staff very friendly. Breakfast good with real eggs cooked to order.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The key attraction here for us is the made to order hot...
    • King Suite

The key attraction here for us is the made to order hot breakfast and the inside/indoor Jacuzzi. Hotel is under construction, so did not choice of double or single, and prices should be reduced during the renovation--so did not feel it was best value/choice.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Loved it

Loved everything.

The room was awesome. Having access to balcony was cool. The Hotel itself was really awesome! There's koi fish and the sound of the water fall was relaxing. Breakfast was excellent. Loved it! The French toast, omelet, everything was great!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Like the "suite" where there is one room with a...
    • King Suite

Last time I stayed, it was perfect. This time, the pool was closed and there was no cold water for 3 days. Maybe they used all the cold water to refill the pool?

Like the "suite" where there is one room with a closed door, pull out couch bed, TV, and sink that is in addition to the master room. Like the indoor pool. Great breakfast and manager's happy hour.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

It was a nice hotel and if I am back in southern California I would book this hotel again.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The room was a little dated but I understand it will be updated. We needed to use the washer and dryer but had no change. Asked the front desk if we could buy quarters but we were told they don't have them. It would be nice if the front desk carried quarters.

I liked that I could order what I wanted for breakfast. Also was grateful for the extended checkout due to my son and grandkids flying out later in the day.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The horses are in the gate.....The flag is up...and away they go....."
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The bar closes at 11:00, and a standard drink is 9$.

Great staff, friendly, helpful, always a smile, eager to help. Free evening drinks, cook to order breakfast. Sliding doors open on to a little balcony..."sweet". Close to the race track, walking distance to the metro gold line, ( or they'll give you a ride the two blocks), you can get everywhere from there, and need no car. Great beds.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Beautiful atrium inside with a lovely, heated indoor pool.
    • King Suite

The bartender was rude and condescending and their bar was lacking.

Beautiful atrium inside with a lovely, heated indoor pool. The bed was very comfortable and the included breakfast was adequate.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Could be much better!
    • King Room - Smoking

WiFi is still awful. Maid service is not thorough - had to ask for some items at the desk. Gym had no towels, no water and no cups anyway. Generally, the place could be a lot sharper!

Comfortable, easy and ample parking. Good breakfast but the queue can be long.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

I will not stay here again
    • Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This Hotel was cold the whole time(January) Central Heating will not kick in until it goes below 55F. Very uncomfortable to sleep. The complementary breakfast and happy hour in the evening was good.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Uncleaned vents and more...mildew stains
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Our room had holes in the wall where pics were removed in each room.the bathroom vent had mole and the tub and around the door had black stains like mole. The vent in the bathroom had a condom wrapper in it. I took pics and showed them to the check out clerk.He said "Gross" sorry about that. The room just felt dirty after seeing all the holes and black stains, chips around the door knobs. Our tub drain didn't work so they had to replace it before we could take a bath. 😔 we will not stay there again.

Good breakfast and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Expensive and Moist
    • Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator started violently shaking while we were inside and we had to press the emergency button and jump out. Our room was very expensive and it was very dated and dirty. The room and windows had a lot of condensation so the bed and our belongings were always moist.

It was very close to my Uncles home.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Worth the money spent
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

This hotel has complimentary cocktail hours 5-7:30pm and complimentary breakfast 7-10am which made this well worth my money spent. The room was clean and very roomy. I will definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Need to find the kind of pillows they use!
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was sub-par as far as cleanliness goes. Even for a smoking room, it felt and looked a little trashy.

My husband and I fell in love with the comfortable bed and super soft pillows. We were able to get a full night's rest.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Nice enough except for morning fire alarm testing
    • King Suite with Roll In Shower - Disability Access

They decided to work in the fire alarm system between 8-9am in the morning. Went off several times and was reduculoudly loud and jarring. WHY would you work on and test the system at that time of day????? Perhaps 1p in the afternoon when most guests have checked out and before new guests check in....

Bed was comfy, staff was nice, breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Close to the City of Hope and awesome to boot
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The screw plugs in the walls is somewhat unsightly

Close to the City of Hope, which is a must for me since my wife is being treated for cancer there. The staff is always pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. The beds are awesome. The breakfast a definite plus.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Not a good experience
    • King Suite

Not much! It feels dusty and unclean. And, judging from our room it was! We we're therexfor four nights. The bed was made but I don't think the linens were ever changed. The bathroom was definitely not cleanef!! The floor was never cleaned nor was the counter, sink or shower ever CLEANED. It was easy to see as I use powder due to skin condition and am very conscious of trying not to leave s mess for them to clean up. They obviously never tried to so much as whip the counters. And the towels were always short one or more. The carpet was hit and miss, the glasses never replaced. Just not acceptable not what we would expect of any Hilton! Good bye!!!!!! And how could I forget: The most hideous, dirty looking carpet i have EVER seen. Dusgusting

Good location, good size rooms and layout.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Nice hotel.....Check in to late
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The check in time is to late and check out is to early. I requested to check on early. I called few days in advance and was not accommodated, even called the day of...😞

Room and scenery was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Not worth the money
    • Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was not friendly, woke up the next morning my vehicle was a victim of theft my 3rd back seat of my escapade was stolen. No cameras on parking lot. Second day my car was was open again talked to managers. He just gave him his bussiness card and went back inside his office.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Overall very good stay
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The security latch was falling off and as useful as screen doors on a submarine. The other thing is the wall paper was beginning to peel and there were uncovered screw holes in the bathroom. Room is 206.

The suite, reception, restaurant and breakfast overall was very good. The washing machine and dryer came in real handy.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Location, staff, parking, hot breakfast 👍🏼, in general the...
    • King Suite

The condition of the room was not what I expected, especially the bathroom.

Location, staff, parking, hot breakfast 👍🏼, in general the building looks good.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Staff was warm and friendly.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I had issues with one of the TVs and had to call maintenance. Turns out batteries were weak; that was only a minor inconvenience.

Staff was warm and friendly. The FULL breakfast was a welcome surprise from other hotels' continental breakfast option! Faculty was clean--rooms and the common spaces.

For $200 a night I should be able to adjust room thermostat
    • Double Suite - Smoking

Paint and fixtures peeling in bathroom, small bathroom, rusted fire sprinkler, unadjustable thermostat, waterfall stunk, ridiculous price, No porn to look at on tv

Waterfall looks and staff. Free breakfast, close to a lot of services

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Embassy Suites are the best for families of all ages!
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Our sink and toilet didn't work properly from the beginning of our stay. We had to have someone come out twice just to keep the drain working

We Loved the breakfast and enjoyed fresh pancakes and omelette daily.

Need better service
    • King Suite

Took them 3 hours to deliver a bottle of champagne ruin my wife surprise birthday

Very clean an polite staff