Reviews of Embassy Suites Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park 3 stars

267 Marietta Street, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA

#61 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was an issue with the parking that required management to resolve. But the staff quickly helped me with that matter.

Everything is nice and neat. The staff was very helpful including the valets.

I had an overnight stay. Paid for late check out at 4pm. Room cleared out at 1pm. Called management. No return call. Finally found my belongings. No apology. No refund of late check out fee.

Cable was good.

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean, it had obviously been given a light cleaning but don’t look to closely at the floor especially corners or against wall. We had a 10mo old with us and would not allow her to crawl on floor. $40 valet parking (only option).

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Bed was horrible. Carpet in room turns your feet black. Water pressure was low. Rm 706 Parking was $40 and not advertised!!!! :-0

Location was great for our trip (Aquarium) Staff was friendly Starbucks and Ruth's Chris helps your image.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

overcharged and they did not care in the least. blood or food stains on the sheets when we checked in. too many hotels in Atlanta to ever choose this one

the omelets were terrific

• King Suite with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The cost for one night with broken items in our room and the cost for parking. My husband and I met there so with 2 vehicles we paid $80 in parking. We could have almost got a room somewhere else for that amount.

The amenities

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

This hotel is a gem. It's a short walk to some of the best places to visit in Atlanta. Everyone on the staff was super nice and accommodating. The suites are huge and comfortable and clean. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Two Room Corner Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Having to panic thinking I wasn’t going to have a room.

Check in was insane because of a conference. They also tried to tell me I didn’t have a room. They claimed they didn’t have a valid phone number or email Address,yet I had an email confirmation and they had texted me an hour earlier saying my room was ready.

Cleaning staff knocked on the door when we were asleep. Seems like they should know if we had checked out or not.

Bed was feathery soft. Complimentary breakfast was great!

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

The valet parking was a joke. The attendents were very rude. Check out was a disaster to pick up your car. They should give you an option of parking your car yourself. They do at the embassy suits in Nashville.

The room was nice and clean. We had a wonderful view. We stayed on the 8th floor.

On this particular stay, there was an apparent issue with water flow in the bathrooms on floor two in particular with my toilet. They This was not only an inconvenience, but not the norm for Embassy. The front desk was unable to make any concessions toward my rate of the room because I booked through Booking (a third party). This was not settling to us. I should have booked directly through the property just for these type things. My husband and I decided to end our weekend early and checked out extremely early (prior to breakfast).

The proximity to the venue and downtown.

Parking is $40 a day and my car was damaged by a worker that parked cars for the company. The parking is not part of the hotel so the hotel wouldn’t help me but you have to pay for parking while staying there! We had plans the day we checked out and instead spent over 2 hours filing a claim on my car.

No complaints.

We had a bit of an issue that had to do Booking.com not the Hotel but the staff was quick to fix the problem and still get us in the room we had reserved.

• Two Room Premium King Suite with Parkview

Amazing view!! Sadly we booked a king suite but got double beds. The staff did everything possible to make us happy even though they didn’t have any king suites available at the moment. Came here for my anniversary and it was the best!! Free breakfast and evening reception with free drinks!

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Television kept going out, HVAC wouldn't keep temp in room regulated and the bed was poor for sleep quality. I was expecting more from a Hilton owned facility in the center of downtown Atlanta; especially with other major names like Omni & Westin in the close proximity.

The location was walking distance from the event center. The included happy hour was okay. It was a pretty clean place.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the staff were not as friendly or as helpful as possible, and the rooms are a lot smaller than other Embassy Suites I have stayed at.... beds are very small as well!

I loved the breakfast and Snack/Drinks!

lobby was extremely cold while we waited for our room. I was told I would get a text when my rooms were ready but I ended up getting back in line and getting a room after noticing several parties being sent to their room after standing in line. I had asked for a 15-30 minute delayed check out and was told they weren't offering any. When I arrived to my room at 1203 I was locked out and had to go downstairs and get rekeyed. I had no real control of the time since we were at a conference. Also Valet could have used some help with retrieving cars as we were waiting for over half an hour.

large room to help us feel comfortable during our stay. Breakfast was great!

• Double Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

Beds could be more comfortable and guest should have more control over the thermostat

Valet parking was excellent, hotel staff very friendly however I can't stay the same for the Ruth Chris steakhouse located inside the hotel. Their staff was very rude to people not dressed in shirt/tie or dress.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I waited 3 hours in the lobby for my room. And they didn't offer me anything to help the situation even after I told them that me and my nephews were hungry and I didn't want to take them back out in the below freezing weather.

Close to the stadium.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room AC unit did not work so it got stuffy in our room.

It is extremely nice for our family (2 adults, 4 children) to have two rooms with two TVs. These rooms were smaller than I remember other Embassy Suites’ rooms being. We did not get a park view room because I did not want to pay the extra $20. Very friendly staff. They seem to do a good job.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and modern. The thing that we loved the most though was the happy hour with free drinks and the free breakfast at Ruth's Chris.

The property was clean and well decorated. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for walking to all of the popular city attractions.....CNN Center, College Football Hall of Fame, Ferris Wheel, Aquarium, and Coca-Cola Museum. Our room was clean and spacious. The evening social was a bonus.....free snacks, beer, wine, sangria, coffee, sodas! We were able to store our baggage until our room was ready which gave us extra time to explore the surrounding areas. Starbucks in the lobby was a nice touch! Highly recommended hotel in Atlanta!

• Two Room Corner Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Does not have a pool, told us to walk next door to other hotel and tell them we are with Embassy suites and they will let us swim. Doesnt have guest free parking, have to pay Valet 40.00 over night. Was not told that at time of booking.

• Double Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

Everything was exactly the way I liked it, I could not have asked for a better place to stay at.

I absolutely adored this hotel! The location couldn't be better, and I had breathtaking views of Centennial Park. The staff members were extremely courteous, and made sure that we had everything that we needed. The suite we stayed in was very relaxing and bright. The beds were so comfortable that it felt like we were sleeping on a cloud. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

That check in time is at 4pm, although i got my room at 3:20ish

Great breakfast, convenient-ish location and awesome location to be right next to a huge park

Valet parking was a little pricey...unfortunately there's not another option.

The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel is in the best location...in the middle of everything ...walking distance. The black-out curtains were truly black-out curtains...got some much needed rest!

Having to be a Hilton member to get free wifi. It should just be free!!

We had a little trouble with our reservation. The ladies at the front desk were amazing at getting it fixed. They took a lot of time with us and were very helpful.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

The bed was soft and saggy and the covers too heavy. No light over the coffee bar. No counter tops in the bathroom.

Breakfast omelettes were great. Staff was very pleasant.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

That the free breakfast during the week ended at 9am so we missed it . Would of been better if open till 10am

The Starbucks and steakhouse were in the hotel

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

About the only thing that didn't like was the sheets and pillows on the bed. sheets were too hard, like plastic, and pillows were too soft. Other than that, everything was excellent.

The hotel was extremely nice on the inside, very clean. Everyone that worked there was very courteous, friendly, and helpful in every way. We appreciated our free breakfast that we had submitted for and it was not just muffins, cinnamon rolls etc., you had a great variety of food.

Very nice. Honestly the pictures don’t do it justice. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was so kind and generous. Definitely will stay there again.

Valet parking was outrageous $37/night. No other choice but to use it. Valet was slow

Delicious breakfast buffet, very convenient to Centennial Park

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not very clean, there was a child's cup of clabbered milk in the room and a wrapper on the floor! Beware of using your bank card, they took out random amounts of money from my account and have yet to fix the problem wich has drained my bank account! Now that I am back home I cannot seem to get anyone on the phone to correct the issue! I will NEVER book this hotel again! !

Close to everything we wanted to do.

There's nothing to dislike at this hotel

The location,breakfast,the room the parking was excellent!!!! On my next visit to Atlanta I'm definitely staying at this hotel!

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

I requested for a room with King bed which was confirmed and when I reached there I was given a room with 2 twin beds and the staff could not tell me why they made the switch. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable. I called the staff at valet parking at 10:10 to have my car available at 10:30 as I was checking out but he told me to call again 5 - 10 minutes before 10:30. The breakfast time ends at 9 am which is very inconvenient if you are attending a conference and have been awake till late to socialize with colleagues.

Location & polite front desk staff

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very crowded on a Sunday morning but lots going on in town so the hotel was full. Lots of places to sit but the food was gone so quick. They did replenish but not often.

Very close to Atlanta attractions. Rooms were large and comfortable. Bed was firm and also comfy. The hotel itself was kept up nicely and updated. Good food options around and in the hotel itself. Our room had a beautiful view of the SkyView wheel in downtown Atlanta and the kids loved it! Hotel staff were great on check in and very quick.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

We had some issues parking. When we got there, we had to sit in the road and block traffic for about 20 minutes prior to even getting assisted. Same thing happened when we left, we had to wait about 30 minutes for valet parking.

Staff was wonderful and the grounds were great. Great location to Mercedes-Benz stadium and restaurants that we wanted to visit.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There is no complimentary parking. There's no easy access in wifi. You need to remember your Hilton honors # and password to log-in.

Great place to stay in ATL. John who served 15 years in Embassy Suite is very courteous and passionate assisting my family to stay in a nice and comfortable room. We have a very beautiful view of the park and city from our room. The complimentary with lots of varieties breakfast is super delicious. The staff are friendly and helpful. Starbucks is just downstairs. The main attraction like World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, CNN tower, Centennial Park and other attractions are only few steps away. It's very convenient for family with children.

The staff at the hotel was just disaster. During the Miami hurricane, my friend and I traveled to Atlanta for evacuation and booked two rooms and two days in this hotel. When we checked in, they say they have only one room available. At that moment, almost no room in Atlanta was available, my friend had to go to the airport area to find a room. The staff didn't apology at all and make no compensation at all.

The location is good, just two blocks away from coco cola and aquarium.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

The pricing for the stay was extremely high for what you got. It is a suite, but it doesn't offer a lot of space, and the suites I normally stay in have a full kitchen.

Free Happy hour

Bathroom was too small for such a spacious suite.

Location was excellent and close to many bars and restaurants. Personnel extremely friendly and efficient.

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

They didn't have the room we reserved and we picked this hotel because they had a room for 3 adults. They were completely indifferent to the fact that we reserved the room and blamed it on booking.com. The sink in the room was clogged, the tv didn't work, and breakfast was terrible. There was a mandatory $37 parking fee per day so add that to your room price when considering this place. They had a Starbucks on-site, so there was no free coffee, like many other hotels. In general, this did not feel like hospitality and we chose to not stay in the embassy suites for the rest of our trip in other cities.

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

There was trash in the trash can when I arrived. There was a wet bar of soap in the restroom, made me feel as if the room had not been cleaned properly. The room was cold and the temperature could not be adjusted.Tried turning up the heat but only cool air blew out, called front desk about issue and all they could say is we're sorry about that. They did not offer to move me to another room. People in the next room had unruly children and it sounded as if they were kicking the wall or slamming the door but it was a major disturbance. I called the front desk , someone came up to check on them but about 30 minutes later , they kicked the wall or slammed something down again just to be annoying.At check out I told the receptionist who checked me out about my horrible stay and all she could say is "Oh I'm sorry about that", maybe it will be better next time. Nonetheless, I do not plan on staying at this hotel again, it was not worth the money. The breakfast was okay but one day one of the workers made my omelet and I felt sick after eating it. Also, it is in a nice location but I would prefer to pay to stay in a nicer hotel elsewhere and just Uber to attractions in the area.

I liked the location.

• Double Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

At times it was hard to turn into the valet parking area because of congestion. Had to sit in traffic with blinker on until the area was cleared of cars in order for us to pull in off the street.

Great central location with a great view!

Breakfast timings are quite narrow with closing at 09:30 and a different schedule on the weekend. The coffee pads in the rooms are not of that good quality.

The made to order breakfast is great. The Chefs are dedicated and treat you well, and there is ample space to sit in the Restaurant. Rooms are spacious, with common laundry facilities too.

The treatment

I was denied entry into my prepaid room until 3:30 am . I was told 3 separate times that had I not booked thro booking .com I wouldn't have these problems. Totally unacceptable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Check in was long. Waited almost 30 minutes to even get to the counter (we checked in at 6pm). Also had to check our bill as we were charged twice for parking when we didn't even park on the property. They took it off as soon as we talked w them. Staff were all very pleasant.

Location is great. Very clean rooms, lobby, hang out area too. Breakfast is a delicious feast!

My wife fell in the shower because the cleaning people didn't put a mat in yt? He room. The staff seemed not caring and my wife was bruised and hurt for a couple of weeks. No follow up calls or anything.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

There was construction at the convention center so we all had to walk 11/2 every day to our event and some of the people we were with were older. Centennial Park was also under construction so we had to walk out of the way to get anywhere. One morning we didn't have any water because they broke a water main. They did put a note under our door but we were not offered a late check out or any type of credit for the inconvenience. many left for the airport without showers.

Adjoining rooms and having the living room separate from the bedroom. You can visit with friends in the comfort of the living room. Stafff was exceptional!

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

The only thing we didn't like was sounds coming from the next room. When most people are sleeping they were up and very loud. We could hear everything!

The breakfast was very nice. We didn't get the chance to enjoy the evening reception but that is also nice. Of course the location is wonderful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was very expensive. With as much as the room cost, the parking should have been cheaper or free.

Great location for the fireworks and July 4th concert.

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

$37.00 Valet Parking. Park goers blocked the entrance to the hotel which delayed us from checking in. A Caucasian lady around 65 yrs old had been waiting in her car for 20 mins trying to get to the hotel. She had to help my husband get into the parking area. She cleared some of the park goers out of the way. Love the Social hour but I missed the cheeses this year and you need 2 bartenders to serve the many patrons attending. Overall, we always love the Social Hour.

We love the Social Hour and the close proximity to Centennial Park The breakfast is great as well with many items to choose from. You can relax in the Atrium area where it is cool and relaxing. If you need food late at night Ruth's Steakhouse is an elevator away. I really enjoyed this hotel.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The first day our beds got made but no towels were left and took 2 hrs to ge once called. The second day no one ever cleaned our room and we were gone from 9 to 3. Also the bar tenders during the free drinks were not very happy and rude. The front desk was not willing to help when we needed towels to shower. It took the second day over 2 hrs again to get them. The pool needs to be monitored because lots of young teens hanging out.

The location was good and valet was amazing how they had it all organized and fast.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was great and the kids enjoyed sitting outside while they ate. Get to breakfast early so you are guaranteed a great choice. They did run out of grits and hashbrowns Sunday.

Family enjoyed clean & spacious suite. Pool & evening reception were great for unwinding. Central location adjacent to park and other attractions. Complimentary hot breakfast inside Ruth Chris restaurant was excellent with nice decor and both indoor/outdoor seating.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

The valet service was horrible it took over a hour after Check out to get my car really need a better system especially when events are being held in the area

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The ONLY thing I didn't like was that there were family reunions there with SO many kids that were running through the halls all types of night. That, and maybe the selection of the light snacks during the Welcome Reception. I guess staying at other Embassy Suites has me spoiled!

I loved the made to order breakfast and the location is great for walking and seeing the sights of Atlanta. I have no complaints of the hotel and their staff! Zack and Brian at the front desk made my guests feel welcome and every staff member spoke to you as you made your way through the hotel and the amenities. I will definitely stay here again! My room was spotless and Tina from Housekeeping even left me a sweet note telling us to enjoy our stay! It's the little things!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I really think the cost of parking should either be included in the total fee for the room or consider a way to lower the cost. At $37 per night, valet was too expensive. I tried to find some cheaper parking and ended up getting towed. (This of course was not the fault of the hotel but if valet was a bit more reasonable or simply included in the cost of the room, parking would have been a lot more convenient. If I am paying almost $300 per night for a room, there is no way I should have to come out of pocket an additional $37 bucks. Room incidentals and the cost of valet costs the same. (smh)

The service was awesome and the staff was really helpful. We were able to check in early in which I was notified via text when the room was available. This was really convenient. It was also a prime location in the city so there was lots to do.

Parking could be a hassle. No self parking is present. Took some time to get car from valet services. The guys were friendly just busy

We loved the location. We were able to park our car and walk almost everywhere we wanted to go. Walked out of our door to Centennial Park. Also right outside the door were the Georgia Aquarium, Coca Cola world and the College Football hall of fame.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Dated bed sheets and a 37 dollar charge for parking. There was no where else to park. So why not just add that to the room charge instead of hitting you with it after they've already parked your car.

Location was great, it was located within 2 blocks of the venue we atteneded

The bathroom had a very small sink and no counter space to put make-up, toothpaste, shaving materials or hair grooming supplies on.

Good location, clean, great staff.

• King Suite with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Parking is HORRIFIC if you are trying to load/unload a wheelchair. Long line at check out. Slow refilling snacks at evening reception.

Good breakfast. Good location. Room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hostess/phone receptionist at Ruth Chris needs to work on her people skills. She was very rude when we called to make a reservation, ended up going elsewhere.

The hotel is in a great location for all the popular tourist spots. It was nice to walk back to the hotel and go for a swim after a day of walking and sightseeing. McCormicks and Schmicks is a fabulous place, the food, the staff and the atmosphere were excellent!! Cannot say enough great things about our server Eddie!!

• King Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

I need a something printed out and the lady gave me her email but I would never receive the copy

There was a problem with my card but with the help of the front desk we got it all situated with no problem

Bed's comfort was horrible Brought serious complaint to manager - she was rude and didn't seem to understand the gravity of how serious it could be Snacks were gross compared to other embassy suites Beware - mandatory valet parking at $35 night Staff knocking at your door 2 hours prior to check out time to see if you are ready to leave - ridiculous

Staff at Ruth's Chris front desk was so *rude*. Starbucks was suppose to open at 6:30am but refused to open until 7. MANY of us missed breakfast because they didn't open on time.

Housekeeping left a personal note for my little girl! She loved it!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Valet parking very expensive, our bathroom could have done with a refurb

The location is fab for local attractions. The staff were friendly and rooms large and clean

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Double Room with Park View - Non-Smoking

Its in the perfect location and has a lovely view of the park. Everthing is within walking distance and some of the best places to eat are right there also.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

1. A/c did not work in room. 2. Toilet did not work 3. Had to evaluate building for gas leak 4. $51 to park car 24 hours 5. Would not let my 12 and 14 eat breakfast because they look 16 6. Hotel in middle of construction.

Starbucks in lobby

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

At first, I was disappointed with the view. But after visiting restaurants, hotels, etc. the usual view was the ubiquitous parking garage. At least we had the College Football Hall of Fame. Smiley face here. Curt

Location is very convenient. Very close to conference, central to all attractions. Liked having 2 TVs.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

I was charged over double what my Booking.com confirmation was. The hotel staff has told me that they will take care of it, but I don't have it resolved yet.

Great hotel. Clean and modern. Perfect location for downtown events.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not happy that the hotel did not immediately honor the Booking.com nightly rate. Currently working through Booking.com Customer Service to recover the $160 I was overcharged.

Location and amenities.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

our room was undone.There are litters around the room.The bed was all wrinkle and hairs.Found the left over pizza in the fridge .Front desk and room service never answer the phone in. we booked for three person and there are no extra pillow and blanket .They did move us to the new room but still not as clean as it should be. They promised to gave us a free overnight parking but we still got charged anyway. Not recommened to anyone!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I got locked out of my room and due to the fact that my husband booked the room they wouldn't let me in so my kids and I were stuck in the hall for about and hour until he decided to wake up out of his coma like sleep to open the door. The staff was really no help. They should be made to list family members that is allowed to enter the room in the case that someone gets locked out.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

I didn't like paying the $35 for parking, but it was worth it.

We stayed for Christmas so the hotel was relatively empty, but it was so amazing. The view was great, it was quiet and clean. The staff was so helpful.

Browse Embassy Suites Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park traveller photo gallery