Reviews of Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria 3 stars

2815 Akers Mill Road, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA

#38 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool had so much chlorine that just be in the room with it burned your eyes. My whole family couldn't swim because it burned so much.

The staff was so nice, they went out of their to make sure we had everything we needed. Every night for a couple of hours they had free adult beverages, snacks and juice for the kids.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location! Parking charge! Access not good! Air conditioner controlled by hotel Bar drink were too expensive Manager happy hour drink selection was limited and less than normal appetizers for a regular embassy! I’m a Hilton honors member and have been more impressed at other locations

Breakfast omelette

• King Room with Bath Tub and Sofa Bed - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

The eggs were just awful and the food to go service was extremely slow. Never order the cheese pizza

The maintenance staff Corey was great at fixing our room a/c and our refrigerator. Elizabeth gave great suggestions to for kid friendly downtown activities and the young concierge driver was such a gentleman

Bathroom

Did not like the fact that the bathroom door does not lock and there is no fan in the bathroom for # 2's. However I really enjoyed reception hour but the snacks could have been better.

• Premium King Suite

Some of the staff at front desk were not genuine as far as welcoming guests, spoke too quickly, room service food was rancid & made us sick, staff refunded meal at checkout fortunately

Elevator view of dining area

• King Corner Studio

The parking fee and $60 per day deposit that was never mentioned on the website. Manager Czarina was not nice or friendly at checkout and was very short in answering my questions

The staff was very friendly and eager to help

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff is rude. Breakfast is complimentary. While ordering there is a minimum of omelettes you may order, however in our room we were a party of 3. One of our party members was missing at the time but due to the line we wanted to go ahead and order for her. The cook named Retha turns to who seemed like the manager? To ask what to do with us while she laughed and turned her head away from me. As if I was lying to just get more food. This was very rude and disrespectful attitude towards me. So, I don’t think we will continue to stay at this hotel no matter how “good” the deal is.

Hotel looks clean and well taken care of. Rooms are nice!

• King Corner Studio

Floors were dirty and trash on every floor...guess it was due 2 hs kids there...but hotel couldve done a better job with keeping trash out of hallways and floors.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Vending machine didn't have water on my floor but the front desk took care of getting bottles of water at no cost

The staff were excellent from check in time to check out all questions were answered promptly and response time is amazing.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The manager who checked us in was dismissive, inattentive, and unfriendly. There was an issue with the reservation and she made no attempt to help us resolve it. She just charged us more. The first room sink did not work. The second room bathroom door did not work. There was no extra toilet paper in the room and when we phoned for some we never received it. Room service trays were left in the hallway for two days. The first shuttle driver we encountered drove too fast and rudely turned up the radio as we were talking. The atrium although pretty lends itself to an echo that can be heard in the rooms.

Made to order omelette. The shuttle driver Kurt was professional, courteous, friendly and accommodating.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

letting cust know exactly what is going to be charged to their card before registered. I was told only be charged $12 day for parking. didn't know I had to pay $60 per day for and was charged to my card. fridge didn't work, my food spoiled why I was in surgery. was advised they would replace food and then charged it to my card. asked for chef salad, lied and said no chef salad. brought me salad Dr advised me not to eat. front desk very rude. never will come back again.

beds felt good and place was clean, staff ruined my stay.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like that there was no notice that there is a 60 dollar hold per day noted anywhere parking was 12 dollars per day and the person that helped us at the front desk was not pleasant she locked my debit card from swiping too much she did not bother to apologize or anything she was very rude it was an Asian lady

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator Didn’t work they changed it out 3 times!! House keeping didn’t speak English so was hard to get towels and toilet paper!! Or the trash taken out! Check in was a nightmare bc I wasn’t aware of $60 a night charge and I stayed 3 nights! The staff was very rude at check in!!!

I liked the location

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The noise level was insane. I am unsure what was going on this particular weekend but there were a lot of children at the facility, who would run and scream down the hallways which was very disruptive, and it did not help that i was placed directly across from the elevator. I would recommend this hotel but i would not recommend being placed near the elevators or a lower level.

The hotel was very nice, clean, appealing to the eye, happy hour and breakfast was excellent, room was spacious and comfortable, and the staff were professional.

• High Floor Junior Suite with City View

The reception is 3 counters and the hotel is 9 floors so u do the math how long u ll waited to get any thing done, whether it's check in or out etc.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything about this hotel is great. Starting with the check-in process, and we can't forget the first class room service. Thanks for superb service. We will visit again.

• Corner Suite with Two Queen Beds

The pool was pretty cloudy, there was a whole chunk of one of the suite doors that was torn partially off so the door wouldn't close to the suite. The pull-out couch sheet looked a little iffy, so we got a sheet change and some blankets (we couldn't find blankets in the room for it). There didn't appear to be a way to turn on the bathroom fan. We called down and walked down to ask for more bath towels twice at night, but they never showed up. After walking down and asking again the next day, we were able to get them.

Complementary drinks / snacks in the evening and cook to order omelettes in the morning were awesome. The hotel is in a very convenient location if you have a car. The beds were comfortable, and in the suite, the room was really great size with plenty of furniture to utilize. The rest of the breakfast was great as well.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The door stopper was loosely screwed in and the coffee maker wasn't clean nor brewing.

For the one night we were there it was perfect for us! Great size and loved the breakfast!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very bland in taste but they did offer a nice variety.

Facility was beautiful and clean. Very convenient location to mall, eatery, and shopping.

The reservations through booking were confusing and there was no record at the hotel of our booking reservation even though we had a confirmation number. We were on be phone for hours trying to resolve the issue.the breakfast area could have been cleaner and the coffee was not working. People at booking at embassy suites reservations were confused.

The full breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and large wniugh for our family.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We checked in with 5 people sharing a room. We were constantly having to ask for more towels. This was not because we did not use them more than once, but simply there were not enough to accommodate all of us.

I really like that we were able to check in early. The complimentary happy hour and breakfast was nice as well.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The toilet paper holder fell off on the first day, but it wasn’t really necessary so we didn’t bother reporting it. Also the sink plug had to be removed altogether because it wouldn’t stay up to allow water to drain out. I have stayed at 2 other Embassy Suites by Hilton and the complimentary drinks are one of my favorite things about staying here. However this Atlanta location is the only one that limited us to 4 free drinks. And on the last night the air conditioner made a loud rattling sound all night that was loud enough to wake us up several times. Again, would’ve reported it if it hadn’t been our last night there.

Beds were comfortable, the room was modern and spacious. The breakfast is more than sufficient.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Better selection during social hour as far as drinks or at least a menu. I don't drink much so I didn't know what to order.

The rooms were superb and the breakfast was awesome.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was cleaned the first day. Second day I left a tip for the cleaning crew & nothing was done but our money was taken.

Hotel was nice, staff was very friendly, breakfast was good with many options.

• Premium King Suite

This is not a valid question, because I don't have a answer to it. No complaints!!

I loved everything about the facility and my stay and I'm already trying to make plans to come back as soon as possible! I never. Knew of a place. Such as the embassy and from now on no matter where I go the embassy is where I Want to stay

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Made to order omelettes fantastic. Spacious room for four with an extra sink outside the bathroom handy for getting ready, i.e. brushing teeth, etc. Lots of USB ports for charging those electronics, too.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We ordered room service for the kids one evening and they told us it would be approximately 35m...after waiting 50 minutes, I called to check on it and they didn’t have a record of my order (kids burger, 8” pizza and regular burger). She apologized and told me it would be corrected and be up to our room in record time...well, it didn’t come to our room any quicker than 40 minutes, but the food director did call and comp our room service bill. So I will say, they did mess up, but were honest about it and corrected it, which is to me, wonderful customer service!!!

The King Suite was wonderfully spacious, we had girls 11yo, 11yo and 4yo with us and they didn’t even have to fold out the sleeper sofa. The sectional sofa had plenty of space. We loved the fact that the king bedroom in the suite had a sliding privacy door. The breakfast provided was good and the evening snacks/adult drinks were a fantastic bonus.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like how they didn't tell us about the $12 parking fee each night and somebody put a pantry charge on my room and I never went to the pantry.

The rooms are very spacious I love the complementary drinks and food.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

They told me Tax was included and it was not... The tub did not drain well or something was wrong? Not normal I sure it can be fixed...I reported it.

Breakfast, evening social

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Of course a lower price would help.

The service and hotel was awesome. It was a perfect location and I loved the breakfast. We hope to come back next year.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had an early flight arrival time, got to ES at 10 am, with a 3 pm check in. The staff welcomed us in, and told us to go get breakfast, it was perfect. Each time we had a request, it was met with resoundingly positive response. HIGHLY recommend staying at this ES, and we will most certainly return. There are alot of choices when it comes to hotels in this area, but when personal service is this exceptional, its worth talking about.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had an issue with the remotes . Probably needed fresh batteries. I meant to let the desk know . But that sure didn’t ruin my stay .

Favorite is the room itself . Comfortable very clean . The beds wonderful .

• High Floor Junior Suite with City View

I love everything in this hotel from the first day. I arrived a little early than the check inn required time but the girl at the front desk was so nice and very sweet that promptly prepare my check inn her name is Mia 😀😀 The room was cossi and always clean fresh towels were change every day. The bed was awesome and the pillows too!! Love ❤️ it!! And to top it off the breackfast was AMAZING!! I will definitely recomend this hotel and I will Come back to stay here again.

• High Floor Junior Suite with City View

Don't like that this location started to charge for parking. I have used this hotel on many occasions and it took me by surprise that I had to pay for parking. Wow. Did not like that the omelet bar/station was not there.

Room was lovely. New renovations were being done. I like it.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We flipped a coin for the bed. I lost. I slept on the pullout couch. It sucked. I dont advise getting the king suite if you might loose the coin toss.

staff was nice and the place was clean. We got free breakfast which was awesome and a free alcohol drink. Very nice accommodations.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would have loved the shuttle service to run later at night especially when the Braves are playing!

Staff very friendly and helpful. Loved the shuttle service, shuttle drivers were the best!! Room was comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the happy hour and breakfast is a cut above the usual breakfast included in your room rate.

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The shrubbery next to one of the parking spaces needs to be trimmed back because it was difficult to exit my vehicle without getting scratched or wet by the shrubs.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would have preferred the other shuttle vehicle to available. The door on the shower didnt want to stay shut they had to be just right to work. Neither of these were deal breakers to us.

The staff was awesome. All employees were helpful and genuinely friendly. Cocktail hour was a bonus that we really enjoyed. Didnt use shuttle because there was also a game and didnt care to pile in with others. Our event was at the Cobb Galleria which was a short walk. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only bad thing i have to say is the shower door wouldn't stay closed while taking a shower. And we couldn't drop the air temp but all in all the room was great!

The bed was great! Lots of pillows too, which i love since i didn't bring my own. Room was awesome, very big and since i was with my son and we watch different things it was good to have two tvs as well. We also got free drinks and light snacks between 530-730, which was good since we were going to a concert next door after 8pm. I would recommend anyone staying at this location, as i never felt uneasy or anything.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Although, the supervisor over the lobby was very rude and lacked customer service. Her name was Zra, the account manager that we spoke with was very nice. And made up for the supervisor's action. Loved the stay

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe if the parking lot was a little bigger, the later it got the harder it got to find a parking spot.

Love the complimentary breakfast and happy hour with drinks and snacks. Everything taste wonderful and even with the size of the hotel and all the guest we didn't wait long to be served.The rooms are bigger the most hotels I've stayed in and was nice and clean.Checking in and out was a breeze and all staff was helpful and friendly.

• Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

I didn't know we got charged for parking at the site. I checked in Aug 1 ~3am, but the receipt indicated July 31 3:30am. That was an error I should have caught during check-out, but I was rushing to get to the airport, so didn't pay too much attention.

Good, clean facility and great rooms Good location for my business needs Awesome, polite staff.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

On the printout of my reservation, it states parking would cost $5 but at checkout, it was $8 per night.

The breakfast and cocktail are the reasons I book Embassy Suites. Overall, I thought it to be a great experience.

• Suite - Hearing Accessible

Room not ready at checkin time. Charged for parking, WiFi did not funcRion part of the time, overpriced, disappointing. I expected better from a hilton property.

Large comfortable rooms

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A very rude front desk manager. Upon arrival at 3 in the morning, I was told they were performing a financial audit and I couldn't be checked in for 20 minutes. My drive, after work was 6 hours and I'm traveling with a 2 year old. The desk manager was curt and abrupt. He did not ask how was our journey or at the very least summon up a salutation. I had to recommend he offer us water!!!! He wasn't apologetic for the wait, instead in a curt tone told me it was 3 in the morning and I had checked in after 12 and it was now Saturday!!! While I'm certain I am the only person on the planet that works and travels at night, had I booked for the next day check in would be at 3 p. m so I needed a Friday reservation. The housekeeping staff was most friendly, they talked to my 2 year old, provided suggestions for things to do in the city and assisted me in making the best of the situation. The amazing housekeepers name was Zella. I sent a message to the GM and he sent a lovely gift basket to the room. I was happy someone took the time to care.

The room was pretty and very clean. The breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Bartender was great and attentive. Check in was easy and love the fact I was offered bottled water. I left my purse by mistake at the front counter, I immediately received a call to my room that it was secure and waiting for me to retrieve. I loved my stay. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Not sure about location. I was here for a conference so location was good for me but it's far from Atlanta center...

Was not expecting this. Was in town only for a conference and had no expectations from hotel. Was really surprised at how big and comfortable the room was, loved the bed and general layout of the suite. Also staff were wonderful, really friendly and helpful. Loved also the shuttle to mall and shopping areas around hotel radius, that was a nice touch. Complementary happy hour is just the cherry on the icing :)

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• High Floor Junior Suite with City View

Nothing. Everything was absolutely great!

The staff was amazing! My kids and I really enjoyed the made-to-order breakfast and evening reception. The hotel has a nice modern design, and the location is convenient.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Because I was disturbed by the management of all people and then when I questioned it I never received a response and when I repeatedly asked to speak with them they never came to speak to me I will never stay there again and wouylike my money back because I couldn't sleep nor felt comfortable all night

Absolutely nothing

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Called for towels once and no one ever delivered them. Had to find a housekeeper on the floor

The IT staff came and helped get the kids games working and was very patient and helpful also recommended some attractions to visit. The complimentary breakfast was good and had lots of options

• High Floor Junior Suite with City View

I didn't like that when we came in we had some issues far as our room but the staff fixed it

I honestly liked everything. The staff was great. The breakfast was sooo good. The beds were extra comfy.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• High Floor Junior Suite with City View

It was somewhat remotely located from tourist attractions

Karen at the front desk was excellent, she made checking in fun and had some great advice on where to go while we were there

• King Suite with City View - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

My room phone didn't work. The technician promised it would be repaired and we would be compensated but that didn't happen. Also there were so many hidden fees upon arrival that wasn't on the website. They held more than $100 in addition to the price given on Booking.com on our credit card. The decor was bland in the atrium. It looked like an architectural museum. All the other Embassy Suites decor I've stayed at looked classy and elegant. Especially in the entry way. I just didn't get that feel. Otherwise the room was nice and the furniture and decor was modern and nice. The bed was amazingly comfortable!

Breakfast was delicious. The bed was amazingly comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had I known there was a cheerleader competition going on. There were lots of kids everywhere. And lots of noise. I was here for my 28th Anniversary expected it to be a little less noisy. Next time I will ask what is going on before I book the room.

The hotel is wonderful. Me and my husband visit several times a year. His job is near by so that makes it a perfect location.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Our bathroom sink was stopped up. We called the front desk to report the issue. A maintenance man was on the spot in less than five minutes! When we returned to our room two pre-packaged chocolate "hammers" were waiting for us to "apologize for the inconvenience". I've never experienced that! Awesome! Michael, our waiter in the "Eatery" restaurant, was EXCELLENT! He was kind, friendly and quick!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Pillows were not the most comfortable to me.

This place was very clean and modern. Comfortable with a very friendly staff. Hotel itself had a great vibe from other guest we came across. No issues at any point.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sleeper sofa was uncomfortable. There were 3 of us in the room our towels were replenished for the 2nd day, but we weren't given any washcloths. This was a minor detail overall.

The made-to-order omelets were great and loaded with ingredients. The items offered were numerous and more than we've ever enjoyed for a complimentary breakfast. The staff was wonderful, allowed us to check in early and were very pleasant everywhere we encountered them. The king size bed was very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were hoping to check in earlier than the allowed or typical 3pm, and even on a Thursday, we were not able to. They did however accommodate us to be on the same floor as another family we were traveling with!

The free breakfast was amazing... custom omlettes included!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There could have been a little more toiletries. My husband and I barely had enough for the 2 of us.

The bed was great! The room was bigger than expected!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish you offered chicken fingers or something of the sort and grits for breakfast. Outside of this, great!

Yes, everything was excellent as I expected from the Embassy Suite. The rooms were very clean, bed nice and comfy, pillows fluffy, bathrooms clean, coffee and tea well stocked with cream, sugar and cups. Breakfast selection was good.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• High Floor Junior Suite with City View

Couldn't check in early, but no big deal. They accommodated my request for a lower level room. Room was clean, staff was nice. Convenient location for Cumberland Mall, interstate, and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed at how the young lady assisting us during check-in handled things. she told us we would have to find another hotel because Booking.com had made a mistake with the booking and she wasn't pleased with the price. she asked me to email her my email from booking.com for the details of the price. But thanks be to God, He worked it all out and we were finally placed in a room.

I liked everything about my experience at the Embassy Suite; from the entrance, lobby, room-awesome! free drinks and snacks, breakfast and pool/fitness area. Our room was Fabulous! and roomy. The other guess were very nice. But, No one can top the friendliness and welcoming from Nicole and Elizabeth, and the remarkable shuttle driver. They really assisted in making this a wonderful first girls-road trip. We didn't want to leave, enjoyed ourselves so much. We will be returning as well as sharing our fabulous time there with others.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub and Sofa Bed - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

We had some bad luck with the coffee maker. The first one wasn't clean; it had coffee grounds inside the water reservoir and the replacement didn't work at all. This was the only hiccup we had but it was just a minor one. Everything else was great.

The room was very well designed and I like the look of the hard floor over the carpet. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was enjoyable. Out of the three main hotels for Anime Weekend Atlanta, this hotel was the nicest and I will pick this hotel over the others in the future.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

too many children undisciplined in pool and food area food thrown on floor and unclean buffet area from children be unmanaged.

convenience of food served onsite

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Corner Suite

Great location! Our king suite corner room was lovely, clean, and quiet. We were pleased with the super comfortable layout, classy decor, as well as having two flat screen TVs (living room and bedroom). I was happy that the bed is actually comfortable -- there are so many hotels with unsupportive beds. The included hot breakfast was also great and had good variety. The atrium/open dining area was a nice space to just hang out. The staff was attentive and welcoming. It's an easy 10 minute walk to the Cobb Galleria. We were able to relax and our trip felt special. We will be coming back!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A few too many unsupervised kids running the halls, but contacted staff and they handled it immediately.

Stayed here for a concert at Cobb Energy Center. Walked across street to show. This is the closest hotel. Room was top quality. Walking distance to mall and great dining close by. Breakfast is great & great value. Close to Canoe, Soho, Vinings Village.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Na

From the time we walk into the lobby service was great. Room was very nice and the view was great. Breakfast was excellent. No complaints will be back.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Corner Suite with Two Queen Beds

Only bad thing was that room service never answered the phone...had to call front desk to get connected....then order was wrong and couldn't get anyone to fix it.

Staff was nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The room hadn't been cleaned properly. The trash can had garbage in it and the refrigerator had food & drink/cup containers from the previous guests

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

For short people or possibly some disabled folks, the beds are too high. Since there was no foot stool, I had to climb in a chair to get in bed. The second night I slept on the sofa bed which was very comfortable.

I loved the breakfast and happy hour, they are both great features

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I loved everything! The decor and recent remodel are beautiful.

Love the hotel and proximity to shopping,fuel,and food. Breakfast at the hotel is a must. Something for everyone. The location was perfect for my family and whenever I return to Atlanta this will be the hotel I choose to stay at. I was completely satisfied. And the best part was that it is located away from the Atlanta city traffic but still easily accessible within minutes.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything about this location my husband and I will only stay at this location when we travel to Atlanta

Need more parking space.

Breakfast was outstanding! The staff were jam up and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Absolutely wonderful stay!!

• King Corner Studio

Room setup and very small room not worth for the amount paid

Room was very small and built differently not worh for the money

Browse Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria traveller photo gallery