Reviews of Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum 3 stars

9505 Stonelake Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759, USA

#72 of 180 hotels in Austin

Good clean rooms with excellent service.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not really anything, breakfast was yummy but if I’m honest I missed the waffles. Isn’t that the staple of free hotel breakfasts? Ha! Really though it was a good cook to order breakfast- pancakes biscuits omelette etc. (but maybe add waffles?! 😂)

Good clean rooms with excellent service. Zero complaints!

The location is great near to a shopping center and cinema.
    • Premium Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wished they offered a two bedroom suite for big families.

The location is great near to a shopping center and cinema. The hotel is nice and the staff is welcoming. The breakfast buffet is great.

Horrible Customer Service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lady at front desk in the evening shift (her name is Sofia and her picture is at bottom of review) was extremely rude and unhelpful. She also lied to me when I asked for an extra toothbrush, she said they were out of them, I asked if she could check on the back (which very unwillingling she did) and she took about 15 mns to come back to the front with one. Well, next morning I found out that they were never out of toothbrushes!!! She was extremely unprofessional and her lack of ethic and awful customer service turned what could have been a possible good experience into a really bad one at this hotel.

Great other than the things mentioned.
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When asking for more towels, the clerk at the desk had an attitude twice during the visit. It was easy to check out because we didn't have any additional charges added to our room however, the room has been charged on my card but I see another charge for $100 that is still pending. Why is that and what is that for?

The breakfast and the hotel was top notch!

We had a good time and front desk staff was great!
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn't as good as usual. Cook was surly and omelet and bacon we're cold by the time we were served. Couldn't find microwave to heat it up.

Good cocktail reception. Excellent bartender.

We will definitely stay at an Embassey Suites again when we travel.

Toilet was very loud.

Scrambled eggs were just OK but the Omelets were excellent. Bed was perfectly fine. Room was very spacious. Nice to have a TV in sitting room and bedroom. Bathroom was good.

Not worth $300/night and you need to have a talk with the breakfast grill lady
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room small compared to other Embassy Suites we've stayed in (SA, Dallas). Swan habitat dirty and noone was reminding to keep their kids from throwing trash & food in water. Carpet dirty and outdated. Pool super cold. Breakfast ok but the first morning breakfast employee at grill was horrible. Rude to multiple customers to the point that my kids would not go back up. She spoke poorly of guests after they left her station and was clearly overwhelmed --- did you not expect a breakfast crowd although the hotel fully booked? Pullout couch (room to accomodate 6) mattress probably the original. It was dirty & uncomfortable & the couch & carpet were stained. When we came back to our room after housekeeping had cleaned, there was an empty beverage can in the sink which was not ours. Seemed very below the expectation for Embassy Suites.

Staff at the restaurant was friendly. Location was exactly what we wanted.

The room was very nice, clean, comfortable
    • One Bedroom King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

One of the two elevators was out of service. You had a long wait a times to get the elevator to the upper floors. The outside of the hotel was a little dirty, trashy.

The room was very nice, clean, comfortable

Overbooked and broken
    • Premium Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was overbooked, and they did not provide the room we reserved. Thus one of our kids had to sleep on the floor. The front desk clerk the night we checked in was also extremely rude about us not get the right room, and blamed booking.com which I might have believed if the women behind us who booked her room through embassy suites 4 months ago was given the right room. She was not. It seemed like the hotel just tried to squeeze as many people as they could into the hotel rather than show that rooms with double beds were not available. The property also only had one working elevator, thus very long lines to get to your room. It was not the quality I expected from an Embassy Suites hotel.

I love the happy hour, pool and breakfast provided.

High quality and great value for families!
    • Premium Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Perfect for families with young kids because of separate bedroom (with door!), complimentary cooked to order breakfast with plenty healthy options, all along with the entertainment of the swans and indoor pool for downtime during stay. This tired mom actually got to feel like I was on vacation too!

Good size room, comfortable bed, reasonably good breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

More choice for the breakfast, especially for those who do not east eggs. At least a bottle of complimentary mineral water in the room at the arrival (the fridge is empty and shops are some minute walking from the hotel). There is no restaurant in the hotel.

Good size room, comfortable bed, reasonably good breakfast. I liked the free drink and food in the evening.

It's a nice quiet place to stay in Austin, but close to everything!

It was all good.

The breakfast was great and the manager's reception was fantastic. The staff was welcoming and the bed was comfortable. The location was close to shopping, restaurants and the main roads. I would stay there again!

I would stay there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was fine for my granddaughter, but too firm for me. It was soft on top, but pressure points had me tossing all night.

The room was nice. Loved the swans and the Christmas tree. Breakfast was great.

My visit here exceeded my expectations.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was great, the menu was extensive and satisfying. The staff was beyond nice. A member of management by the name of Mr Toy was extraordinary in his customer service, this was one of the best experiences I've had in hospitality in years. The design of the property interiors were updated, comfortable and overall amazing. My next visit to Austin, this is my only option.

Coctail hr and breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was very disappointed with cleanliness of hotel. Bathroom smelled of stale urine, sink drained very slow, found dirty paper plate with food on it in microwave, something white splattered on bottom of bedroom tv. Decided to stay 1 night vs. 2. Would not stay there again!!!

Coctail hr and breakfast. Staff was GREAT!

Bad Choice
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was capricious and difficult to deal with. The parking was poor and access to the property from the major roads required circumnavigation skills. I was very disappointed by the Embassy Suites, Austin Arboretum. Bad choice!

There was not much that was enjoyable; possibly the interior appearance upon arrival. Yet, this was quickly unmasked by the worn furniture and carpeting within the rooms and most of the commons use areas.

A little dated but quality hotel
    • One Bedroom Suite - Mobility Access/Bath Tub

Noise coming from outside - generator ??

Very comfortable beds. Spacious room with lounge area. Excellent breakfast, free bar from 5.30-7.30 and friendly staff.

Initial impression was not great, but ended up enjoying the stay at the hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It is quite far from town which meant we needed to take shuttles and taxis to get anywhere. I ordered a shuttle to take our group of five to the airport at 6.30am on our day of departure, but despite checking 3 times the previous day and first thing in the morning and getting confirmations that the shuttle would be there, it did not arrive. We ended up calling Uber at double the cost. The rooms are quite dark.

The rooms are huge with a big sitting room area, large bathroom and big bedroom. The coffee machine in the room and the coffee at breakfasts were of a good quality and greatly appreciated. Happy hour is another nice touch and provides guests with a good opportunity to relax at the end of the day in pleasant surroundings. It is close to a running track.

I treated my two grown daughters to a stay for their birthdays which both fall in September.
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bartender nor breakfast cook spoke to us. The bedroom didn't cool. The sitting room did but we were miserable in the bedroom all night. The breakfast was not up to par for what we have come to expect at Embassy Suites.

Beds were comfortable. The rooms were immaculate.

Beautiful Family friendly hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was not a single negative for our stay, we loved it!

Everything was great! Great free breakfast, great room, great staff. The daily 5:30pm free happy hour and right across the way from the bar was a free snack bar with chips, dips veggies with ranch. Very family friendly open lobby space, parents can grab a drink while kids can have a snack and a free non- alcoholic drink and snacks! Indoor pool was salt water, perfect temp with towels provided by the pool. Very beautiful layout of this hotel. And to top it off, Royal swans in the lobby that you can feed! They have their own little sanctuary pond and are peaceful to watch.

I don't think I'll be going with Embassy Suites again and they need to get rid of that live chat wom
    • Premium Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Someone booking me at this hotel while I was booked at the downtown Embassy Suites in Austin I was very upset and no one try to accommodate me for anything after trying to get settled in to find out I'm booked in more than one spot was not pleasant and not a good look I was hot and tired and wasted a lot of gas going back and forth two different Embassy Suites the time of my arrival my name was not on the door or the bed neither was I greeted or taking care of his poor service and I'm very unhappy

Nothing I never booked here

Very disappointing stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room smelled of stale cigarettes. House keeping forgot to clean one of our rooms one day with no apology offered. The Atrium gets very very loud and the noise travels up to the rooms. Breakfast was mediocre at best and they ran out of food. We were overcharged on departure and were told we would get better service if we booked directly with the hotel rather than booking.com. We were there for 8 nights. We will not be going back there.

Great stay, amazing hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My boyfriend and I headed down stairs for breakfast around 7:30 and most of the self serve line was almost out and nobody came to refill them. A little disappointed about that, but other than that, nothing to complain about.

I loved the scenery inside the hotel, the two swans inside a pond and all the plants were very beautiful and welcoming. The staff was always nice, using great manners! Complementary snacks and drinks in the evening was delightful, I've never been to a hotel that does that. Hotel room was very spacious, with a very comfortable king size bed. Also, the indoor pool was salt water which I prefer over chlorine and there was a hot tub!

Great place to "run away!"
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The omelet bar and pancakes were amazing and complimentary. We will definitely go back when we need another mini-vacation to get away. Great shopping, restaurants and movie theater near by.

The hotel was perfect for our stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect for us. At first I was afraid that the noise from the outside was going to enter the room, but once we were in the bedroom it was extremely quiet.

The hotel was perfect for our stay. We arrived slightly before happy hour which was a pleasant surprise. We enjoyed some appetizers and drinks and loved watching the swans along with a soccer game before we had to meet some friends.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

not the best, but Austin is fabulous (just dont stay here)
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

pet swans :-( chaos - cancelled my room one night / moved me without telling me the next whilst leaving my clothes in the room i had been moved out of

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Terrible customer service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was charged for 2 nights when I only stayed one night. I even forwarded them the email from booking.com saying that I wouldn't be charged and they refuse to credit me. They won't even return my call or emails. Poor customer service

Best and trustworthy !
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Theres nothing i would say i didnt like Just loved it

The service was so good we liked the rooms and the hotel was as exactly as shown in the pictures everything was near by too booking.com is best n u give us the best deals always i been booking all my trips with you so far n look forward too book always keep giving us good deals n i assure this i would even recommend my friends and family to book via booking.com

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great place to stay with family
    • Premium Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Phone in room broken. Told front desk and it was never fixed. Since we were on the sixth floor it was not very convenient to have to go to the front desk when we needed something.

Excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Highest price I have ever paid for a embassy An Breakfast was not what expected!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

beds were not comfortable, pillows were not fluffy or comfortable I had a terrible back ache 😖 the evening reception was horrible An staff at the reception was not helpful at all ! For the price I paid I should have staid at a Embassy I was certain of or at the Drurry Inn

Hotel was nice front desk staff was friendly!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Great location and very friendly and professional staff.
    • Premium Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sofa bed was pretty uncomfortable. I know it's a sofa bed but I was at least hoping we wouldn't feel the metal under the mattress. Hotel has humidity issues. Our room felt hot most of the weekend even though technically the air was reading at 68 degrees. Just felt a little old. I didn't care for the swans in the atrium. They live in the fountain full time so the water is full of their excrement and it's just sad that they live in that tiny area for their whole life.

Great location and very friendly and professional staff. It's nice they have free breakfast too.

Great place!!!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I felt bad for the swans. They seem too big for such a small area. Also, the Photography/artwork in our room was poor quality.You should support a local photographer and display his/her artwork.

The overall look and feel of the hotel from outside to inside was very nice, comfortable, clean, and very well decorated.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Great stay!
    • Premium Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was a little far from downtown with traffic.

Comfortable beds, breakfast was excellent. Everything was very clean. The swans were a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great to be back
    • One Bedroom King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

I was not told that I have complimentary breakfast, so missed out on 5 mornings which I guess I paid for

The hotel was great, clean and staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Nicest check in lady I have EVER dealt with😄

Nicest check in lady I have EVER dealt with😄

Air conditioner ineffective even after a service call.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner ineffective even after a service call. Can't imagine what it would have been like if the temperature was 100 degrees.

Great location and customer service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location and very clean and beautiful lobby

Definitely NOT up to par with other locations.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cook at grill was NOT preparing omelettes as ordered

Staff was professional and hotel property was well maintained.

Small pool

Spacious rooms

Good for the money.
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not as clean as the time we stayed before. The eating area had chips on the floor from the night before. Room had a smell.

Love the breakfast and pool

Good stay, overall. Good location.
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great shower, overall room and breakfast.

Will come again

Did like it

We loved our stay
    • Premium Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

maybe the rooms should have leather couches or something that can be easily wiped down.

breakfast

Everything was what we expected and more!
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect!!! This will ve our go to hotel from now on!!

We'd give it a B.
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was very stuffy and smaller than expected; not as clean as last year.

We liked the free breakfast! Swans were nice too.

Close to great restaurants and shops

Close to great restaurants and shops

Cable network is awful.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cable network is awful. Had no tv signal most of stay.

Breakfast was great , the room was huge , maybe the best...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great , the room was huge , maybe the best shower ever

Perfect

The management team is awesome especially Adrienne. Great service

The desk staff was busy doing something else the 2 times I...
    • Two-Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The desk staff was busy doing something else the 2 times I dealt with them.

Free the swans!

Free the swans!

The full buffet

The full buffet

Excellent.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked the atmosphere, rooms, and the customer service experience.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Omelette line too slow, cook was overwhelmed.

The swans

I enjoyed the extra space in my suite.
    • Premium Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

I enjoyed the extra space in my suite.the sitting area!

Decent place
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cook, didn't make inlets correctly; pancakes undercooked. Only One ice machine in the bldg.

Enjoyed stay...will stay again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast, and Happy hour. Very clean and very friendly staff.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was great except for giving us an occupied room with person in room. Other than that it was exceptional

Everything was very nice

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Pillows were terrible

Pillows were terrible

Property was very beautiful and relaxing.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Property was very beautiful and relaxing.. this was a stay-cation for me... its was nice to get away from every day hassle to relax in a nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The swans are the difference

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The stay was very confortable i would definately recomend it.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didnt experience anything i didnt like at this moment

The fact that we could eat freshly made omeletes. Love it.

You guys need to do better. For my first time using this makes me not want to use it ever again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room was booked prior to me already booking it through here

Atmosphere

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

I was very happy stay here will come again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Too many kids in the pool

Everything was super nice

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Swans in the lobby area were amazing

Swans in the lobby area were amazing

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Quietness of the room
    • Premium Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The mattress could have been more comfortable.

Quietness of the room

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great place to stay w kids!

Check out time later

Service

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Great Breakfast But TV Sucks Horribly
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

30 channel local station only TV sucked big time!! lousy!!!

free breakfast fantastic!!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Breakfast with a made to order omelet is always the...

Breakfast with a made to order omelet is always the highlight. The television in the front room had audio, but no video; I reported it as we were leaving to attend a wedding, and it was either replaced or repaired upon our return.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The breakfast was very good

I keep getting additional charges on my credit card for this room that is not explained . I'll have to call on Monday to find out what the extra charges were there were no extra charges should've been on our bill and it's been charged twice

The breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

I like the size of the room, the free cocktail our nightly,...

The premium Sweet was supposed to come with in with snacks and drinks and when we got there it only comes with a small snack basket each day

I like the size of the room, the free cocktail our nightly, and the breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

The check-in / check-out process was very efficient and...

The check-in / check-out process was very efficient and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great as well which included cook to order items.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

A very surly desk manager shamed me for using Booking.com. The hotel is old and the elevator stopped working. The WiFi did not work most of the time

• Reviewed: 3 July 2015

Of course, we enjoyed the lay-out of the room and the...

I'll just say there were some discrepancies in what was offered in the rooms compared to the info on the computer listing. There was also a small insect visitor which I was really shocked at and had to destroy . I did take it to the front desk in the morning along with the above mentioned list. They handled it with much understanding and grace. Even with the few problems I would stay with them again.

Of course, we enjoyed the lay-out of the room and the evening reception was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Pullout bed worst I've ever slept on. Phones did not work. Room felt mildewed. The facility is old and needs a renovation. The furniture is worn and tattered. We will not stay there again. It's too bad because we usually enjoy embassy suites

There are also 65 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.