Reviews of Embassy Suites Austin - Central 3 stars

5901 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78723, USA

#113 of 179 hotels in Austin

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Overall great stay, great personnel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sink in the restroom a high for me to reach. Trash cans did not have trash bags.

I liked that my room was spacious for my electric chair to move around. The table in the room was the right height and the bathrooom, was the right size. My recommendation is the sink in the restroom is to high for me to reach.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Worth the money. We will be back
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bath tub drain wouldn't work. Window leaked.

Staff was friendly. They put up with a bunch of 12 year old excited girls for my daughter's birthday. Place was really great. My daughter has had two birthdays there and wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Very good
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn’t liked was that the water in the shower was stucking every time we showering..but we keep forgetting call in the front desk😌

I love the breakfast very much and the service.

Birthday weekend at Embassy Suites
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It is a little outside downtown Austin but still conveniently located.

Complimentary breakfast and happy hour are amazing. Bed was comfortable. Suite was clean.

Great comfort for a great price
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The area outside the rooms needed a little attention. Rugs were dirty and elevators were dirty.

Loved the breakfast. So delicious. The room was very spacious and comfortable.

I would stay here again. I would also recommend my friends/family to stay here.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I did have to go to Wal-Mart for a small fan. The air did not work good.

The breakfast was great. The staff was on point. Anything I needed sushi was there in minutes to help.

It’s a beautiful property located in a convenient place.

My reservation somehow was lost and I ended up only having one room for 8 people. 6 of us ended up having to stay at another property.

It’s a beautiful property located in a convenient place.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We had a great time, but not sure we'd stay there again.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool area was super loud, slippery and echoed like crazy. Not enjoyable. The free happy hour was disappointing. It could be better organized to shorten the long lines etc. The food provided was also kinda gross. We took a hard pass on that. The toilet paper roll was in the most awkward hard to reach location - very weird. Elevators clearly needed an upgrade. They were malfunctioning all the time; or just broken making wait times to get from your room to the main lobby area VERY long.

Rooms and bed were very comfortable.

What an amazing stay in a terrific city!
    • Premium One-Bedroom King Suite

They were kind enough to let us check in early to clean up after our long road trip to get ready for a party. The staff was friendly and very helpful, despite having a full hotel one gentlemen even tracked down an extra blanket. The breakfast was exceptionally good, buffet style and so very clean and well stocked. The chef even came out with a friendly smile and greeted us. I can't wait to go out of town again just to stay at another Embassy Suites!

This embassy suite is more like an Embassy Express if there was such a thing.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was an ordinary breakfast bar not the typical Embassy Suite breakfast with omelet bar. The room was checked out early when we already had added on an extra night. We went to the restaurant for lunch and had to ask for a menu then no one came to us for service. There was nobody around so we left. The bathroom was a weird arrangement with the toilet close to the tub. The view is a AC roof area. Should turn it into a cool patio area with plants.

The gym cardio and pool area is nice. The Happy Hour is great with a variety of snacks. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff is helpful and friendly.

Great choice for short term stays in Austin.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The evening reception was really crowded. Plan to wait, or purchase food and drinks elsewhere.

We always stay in Embassy Suites when we have the option. Especially for Austin, the rate we paid was very reasonable for the quality of the hotel and the location. This hotel has been nicely renovated, and is very comfortable.

Hotel renovation is nice and was needed but area around hotel getting very run down; TL&C closed
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't ready at 4:30 when we checked in but they moved us to two queens instead of king for same price so worked out fine

Fitness room well equipped and clean

We love staying at embassy
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We liked everything about it, we love staying at embassy suits, the one in dallas and this one in austin, reallu conftable and friendly staff. At a good price.

I was very disappointed this place fell well below expectations. I won’t stay here again.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no made to order breakfast that is main reason we come here. We weren’t told ahead of time that would be closed we would not have stayed. The ac units in rooms and in lobby didn’t seem to work it was 79 it 80 in most places I didn’t sleep well and I sweat eating dinner. They didn’t replace towels or wash clothes when they cleaned. We ordered towels but I had no wash cloth to shower with 2nd morning. Very disappointed.

The large reception bar meeting areas. The reception time was too crowded but the area itself was nice. We had a waiter Chris S who was terrific.

Expected OUTSTANDING stay for the price.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Its SUMMER. in TEXAS. Asked 2 times about AC thermostat. Woke up 3 mornings in a row sweating. NOT COOL. LATERALLY.

Staff- Chris at the bar is AWESOME. PROFESSIONALISM AT ITS BEST

Dirty and Bad quality food hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room is dirty. The carpet is old and dirty. We found one croach running in the bed room. The eggs scrumbled is not heighne. It seems sourced from very cheap quality. We found fly in the food.

Nothing. Bad hotel

Needs curb appeal.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The property was not kept outside. No curb appeal. Since, there is a vacant building around your property, then you need to make to your property stand out! Not blend in to its unappealing surroundings.

The updated lobby area.

Spacious hotel room comfortably fit all six of us.
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We couldn't check in until 3:30 because the housekeeping was running behind. The lobby bathrooms weren't the cleanest. Called for towels that never came.

The Premium room had plenty of space which is just what we needed. The breakfast buffet was great! The pool was clean and they made the children leave at 10pm which worked out well for us.

The bed in the room was comfortable.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool was nasty was like swimming in salt water.

The bed in the room was comfortable. The room was very nice and spacious. Love that there was two tv's in the room.

The stay was ok..Embassy may need to inform guests of construction.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I wasn't aware there was construction in the hotel. While there wasn't any noise, I felt as if the hotel wasn't quite at 100%. One of the elevators on our side was not working and as a result, the wait was at least 15 minutes when crowded (there was a school band competition so lots of students).

The bed was comfortable and the suite was clean. The staff was very nice and attentive.

Breakfast was great!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room wasn’t ready until 2 hours after the mentioned checkin time. Even though the room was given for 5 people, there were only two queen beds

Breakfast was great!

Clean, friendly, great place to stay. Nice rooms & staff. Good rates via booking.com

Pancakes.

Great place, will stay there again, we visit Austin often. There is some remodeling/updating going on but almost done, they have great classic music playing in entrance drive and lobby. Every staff was very friendly. Suites very nice and clean, food was good except for dry pancakes and French toast stick, but overall great selection and variety. Evening happy hour is great too, food and drinks...very nice. Room was quiet even with a “Full house”.

Recommended if you are a large group and want to stay together in a no frills place
    • Two Bedroom Suite with King Bed and Queen Bed

Main thing is the 2 bedroom and sofa had 1 toilet which was annoying.

Place was very comfortable, we got the 2 bedroom and sofa bed which was good as it was 6 of us traveling together. A bit outside of town, but location is not bad, like 15' uber to the center. Overall does the job

I will never stay at this hotel again.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maid walked all the way into my bedroom without knocking and then just stood there. Didn’t understand English when I asked her to leave. When I complained to the front desk they treated me like it didn’t happen because she denied it. Unacceptable! I will never stay at this hotel again. Needs a lot of work and new management.

The restaurant was excellent and the staff there were the only saving grace to this hotel. Breakfast was hot and delicious and the staff at the bar/restaraunt brought me a nice dinner after a long day at the children’s hospital with my grand daughter. Thank you to them!

Overall, the stay was good. I will definitely stay at Embassy Suites again.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I understand that we all have our preferences for soft or hard mattresses. We found the mattress to be softer than we are accustomed. Also, I did not care for the breakfast. The grease from the bacon had not been drained well, and when I cut into the link sausage it did not appear to be well done.

My husband and I were there for respite. Sometimes hotels are noisy, and you can hear noise coming from the rooms above and below. This was not our experience at Embassy Suites. We were able to get the rest that we needed. Also, I booked on booking.com, and at the time there were only 2 queen beds available. However, the clerk at the front desk displayed excellent customer service by honoring our request for a king size bed.

Bar and restaurant were great.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My room had a roach infestation. I told the hotel and they did not offer to do anything for me. I was stuck in the room at a full price rate sleeping with roaches.

Bar and restaurant were great. Snacks were great.

staff is friendly, large rooms, comfy beds, rates were reasonable and the location is great!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We like to stay here for the great breakfast that is included but the omelet station was not open so that was disappointing.

beds were comfy, newly remodeled and clean.

Very nice and I will definitely use this hotel again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Construction - understandable but took away from the ambiance

The hotel was very comfortable and served by purposes well. My room was clean very clean and room service was friendly and timely.

It was a good experience and a convenient location for our activities.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Consider relocating the coffee dispensers to a less congested area away from the buffet. Lighting in the suite was very dim and gloomy, especially the sitting areas. The bathroom is too small, but, of course, not much can be done to correct that.

enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and hospitality period. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Enjoyed the nice lounge area.

OK, if you can't find anything else in Austin
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I had a cockroach in my bathroom. After I told the staff, the hotel's resolution was to always leave the lights on in my room, so the roaches would hide. Disgusting and absolutely not acceptable in a hotel by Hilton. Also, I would have expected some kind of excuse.

Very large room

Your hotel made our anniversary weekend THAT MUCH BETTER! My husband and I were very impressed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillow are out of this world! My husband LOVED the fact that the room is set away from the main hallway (separated by a door from the day living suite area). The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was THE BEST I've had at a hotel in all of my stays.

Overall as always a wonderful time. We have been staying here for many years and will continue.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I found the outside entry dirty and nasty. For a first impression, could be a turn off. Very negative. Fountain and flower pots could cleaned out. Walkway swept and hosed down.

Remodel was lovely. Bed comfortable and room clean. Complementary breakfast and cocktail time was very generous and delicious.

OK, but could have been better.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Shuttle driver was pleasant and helpful, but over worked. Unclear on when and how to coordinate rides. Check out was very slow. Manager was snotty on the phone.

People at check in seem clueless.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was not ready. Waited in lobby for nearly 3 hours. Rug at entrance was all bundled up. Nearly took a nasty spill while walking in. Check in people lack of urgency to our dilemma was alarming.

breakfast

Staff was friendly
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No toilet paper in the room. Empty paper roll on the toilet paper holder. Reserved a room with two queen beds, ended up in a room with a single king bed.

Staff was friendly

We were eventually satisfied.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were eventually satisfied. The first room was not what I had confirmation. We changed rooms & found ants in the toilet & kitchen floor. When reported, we were moved again to a premium room. We were very satisfied.

Overall good once I got over the pool being closed.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was expecting there to be an indoor pool. It was one of the reasons I booked at this hotel. When I arrived I found out the pool was closed for construction. I was not happy about that. I feel like that should have been updated info on booking.com

Room was great, breakfast was very good, staff was friendly.

Clean, comfortable and very accommodating!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They are currently undergoing some reconstruction, which was a minor inconvenience.

Staff were accomdating and allowed a later than usual check out time for us, due to an extenuating circumstance. Food and happy hour were awesome. Couch was large and comfortable. Beds were comfortable and everything was very clean.

it was quite and pleasant, not that many people so ill book my stay during the week
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed sheets were not clean ( red, black stains )when we first got in the room, also found hair in the shower. I found blue and white checkered men underwear in the restroom. . The pool was not in use.

The staff was friendly,

Never again
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were hot. Even turning a.c. to 60 which is lowest it would go it never cooled off. The beds were hard and not comfortable. The bathroom was small. For over 200 a night I was extremely disappointed. I will never book here again. Also 3 dollars for a drink in a bottle is ridiculous.

Staff

The beds are extremely comfortable!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that even though I booked with booking.com and it says my hotel cost $510, I ended up paying $610 even though booking.com said all taxes were added to the $510 before hand.

The beds are extremely comfortable!

I expected more for the price.
    • Standard Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The front office staff was not the friendliest. But the rest of the staff was. The facilities were just not as nice as other Embassy Suites. The breakfast did not have an omelette station.

The room was nice, clean, big, and quiet for the most part.

Overall enjoyable!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool being closed because of renovations was disappointing,but the hotel did work with everyone that was staying at the hotel by giving access to the Holiday Inns pool across the way.

The stay was pleasant,the breakfast was great, and the happy hour at the restaurant within the hotel was enjoyable.

A disappointment. Staff were all very nice and helpful though. Especially the front desk.

This property was not up to the standards of other Hilton Embassy Suites we have stayed at. The renovations and ongoing construction were distracting and messy. Fitness center was small and not equipped well. The 2 bedroom suite we had reserved that was supposedly renovated was dirty and had a leak in the bathroom ceiling. I had to ask for a different room. I also do not understand why Hilton would put the only bathroom inside a bedroom! All in all, this property was a big disappointment. For all the disruptive renovations, I think it was over priced also.

Breakfast was okay. Our king suite was nice.

Unhappy
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked for family vacation, mainly for the pool, which was closed. Construction going on & ruined the experience. This was our first family getaway in two years, we were all disappointed.

The staff was friendly, the buffet was good.

Overall very good hotel with a few disappointments. I would stay at an Embassy Suites again.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When we first arrived, there was construction going on at the hotel. It would be nice to know in advance and not pay as much. The pool was inaccessible. The a/c fan was very loud with a sound like a pipe rattling, luckily you could go to the second room and not hear it. We also had ants and gnats in the room. Too dark with too many lights to find the switches. Could not check in early and was turned away.

The hotel included many perks that you do not get in all hotels. Managers happy hour 5:30 to 7:30, free breakfast, parking, wifi, snacks like popcorn, cookies, infused water and coffee. Two rooms come as a standard with your booking along with a living room.

Slept great
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

When I got there I had to pay extra because the description I read was not the room I needed so I need up paying full price. Then in one of the rooms was a leak from the AC called and complained they came and fixed it but had to come back because it was leaking again. Then the sink in the other room was leaking. We had to pay for water and ice since the ice machine was broke and room service had to bring it to the room

The bed was comfortable. The room was beautiful

Nice place to stay away from home with comfort.
    • Premium Suite

Construction and didn't serve pino colada mixed drink. So I didn't drink at Happy Hour. Didn't see the popcorn either.

The bedroom separate from the living room with a door with a lock. Food was great. Housekeeping was great. I will definitely stay at Embassy again.

embassy suites
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

construction ongoing and breakfast area was not properly air conditioned and crowded, long breakfast lines

staff very accommodating and friendly, requests made of front desk addressed promptly, great location to central austin,

We took our kids for their first experience at Embassy...
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We took our kids for their first experience at Embassy suites. We have always told them how great it is and were excited for them to experience it. There was no parking, the entire hotel was under construction. No a/c in the lobby, breakfast area, hallways etc. We had to change rooms because of no a/c as well. Restaurant food was extremely small portions and way over priced for what you get. We will not be back to this location. Worst embassy suites experience we have had.

I won't go to this hotel agin.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the hotel was under construction including the swimming pool and they put nice pictures in the website that didn't show any of these. we didn't get any room services in the second day, so I had to call the front desk to send somebody and take the trashes out. Ice maker was out of order and they didn't even know about it...

the breakfast was good with great servers

We will see after renovations
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The place is under major construction!!! No pool, lounge area, nosey, i didnt have housekeeping service first day. When it is complete it will be awesome but now way below par

The staff was great. Helpful

Nice large rooms.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The website says pool which isn't functional because of remodeling. The breakfast was not good stale muffins and pastries. The kitchen staff where not nice. They cleared food and everything away while guest where still eating.

Nice large rooms. Clean room.

Would have liked to have been told that the hotel was...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would have liked to have been told that the hotel was undergoing complete renovations. Very, very dusty for a person with sinus. The fact that we paid full price and the many much inconveniences. If I would have known, I probably would not have booked this hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The room clean and comfortable.
    • Premium One-Bedroom King Suite

It was being remodeled. Had I known that I would have stayed at a different Hotel. For what I spent I don't feel I got my monies worth.

The room clean and comfortable.

Hotel Under Construction
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I think that when a hotel is under construction that it customers should be notified in advance. No room in breakfast area to sit. Hotel has paint smell.

Staffwas friendly, location good.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

A Beautiful Tragedy in the Embassy Suites
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Please see notation below! Thank you!

First, when walking through the door the staff was inviting and helpful. Then the check in process was simple and smooth and the trip up to our room was a grand sight in the all glass elevator. After getting our luggage in the room it was time to sit down and relax and the counch, just like the bed, were equally as comfortable! The bathroom was spacious and sparkling clean just as I expected it to be! We even took our children down to the indoor pool for a later than usual swim! They had a great time. Unfortunately that night I received a phone call from my sister telling me that our Dad had been in a major car accident and he might not make it. My husband, children, and myself had to leave our beautiful room and rush away to Bryan, TX to be by my dad's side. I have contacted the Embassy Suites where we were supposed to stay for the night and asked because of the extenuating circumstances if we could possibly get a raincheck on our room and I haven't heard back from them at all. That was a week ago! Although the hotel is amazingly beautiful and perfectly clean the fact that they haven't gotten back to me or even acknowledged the tragedy that caused my family to have to leave their hotel after being there for only 4 hours is disheartening to me and that alone will cause my family and I to never return there again.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Terrible stay at embassy suites, Austin. ZERO value for my money.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room had a terrible smell. They had an air purifier in the room and tried to mask the smell with some kind of air freshener. It smelled damp and awful. The carpet was filthy. The shower head was coming out of the wall and could not be adjusted. The hotel is being renovated, but this is unacceptable and not representative of the embassy suites brand.

The staff was reasonably friendly.

A good time and a good adventure.
    • Premium One-Bedroom King Suite

I recall the beautiful lobby of Embassy Suites over thirty years ago. Due to the remodeling the lobby was a "Mind Craft" experience. I do hope to bring them back in the future.

We really enjoyed the extra touches. My grandsons loved the suite experience, the great breakfast and especially the pool. The inside elevator was a real treat too.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No clean, wet, dirty, mold, stains a lot thing need to be repair in room and all in construction. All is old and smell wet And insects in everywhere. The bathroom in my room so small and the bed need a change and the room need to be really clean.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Construction and maintenance made stay subpar.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Construction made walk to room a maze. Full size beds in room were too small for two adults. Ceiling hatch in bathroom to what I assume is AC was partially open. The toilet ran off and on all night. Spotty internet access good in front room and almost non existant in bedroom. This Hilton honors member felt dishonored!

Staff at check in was good. Staff at checkout were average.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Better days to come.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Recent in-room movies were priced at $17.99 plus tax. A few were discounted at $6.99 plus tax, but not too many. We stayed here about 33 years ago. It was an indoor fiesta with fountains, a bridge, and indoor gardens with a Mexican decor. I loved it! It is now all changed and under renovation, so nothing like the happy interior I remembered. It will eventually be brand new, but still won't be the feeling of being transported to a Mexican market fiesta. It is now somewhat dark and dated, but still a nice place to stay.

The happy hour was nice with corn chips and fresh salsa, fruit, homemade potato chips with dip, goldfish and popcorn. Breakfast buffet was nicely displayed with a wide variety. Even the in-room coffee was the best I've had in a motel room. A bulb was out and it was replaced immediately. Towels were fluffy. The bellman was a real gentleman and very engaging. The people are great here.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Credit card debacle
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Swiped my credit card twice. Told me it declined twice. Had to pay with the money I was saving for my bills. Both swiped transactions went through. So I had no money on my card....both swiped amounts were pending and that credit wasn't available. And....had no cash because I had to use that so I didn't sleep in the car. Credit card company says it was an error on their side...their system. The night desk clerk basically thought I was lying that I had the credit available. Had to get the credit card company to go on speaker phone and let her know the credit was available, and the swiped transactions went through. He told her how to fix it, but she couldnt. Really they showed very little interest in me not having any money due to their system error......of course they blamed the credit card company. Either way, the lack of caring about MY money was very disappointing to say the least. Never did get it all resolved until a week later.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

It looked great, but up close could be better.
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sheets weren’t changed daily I had to tip for fresh sheets.

I liked the morning breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

N/a

Everything.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. The rooms were very nice and clean. The hotel itself was in a great location for the activities we had planned.

Loved it!!!!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything!!! Expecially the complimentary breakfast and happy hour. Staff was very polite and friendly. Loved every minute of my stay!

Perfect
    • One Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was very nice.

Great place to go w family or business
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast and Happy hour always a winner

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

I like everything about this property, and I have been...
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I like everything about this property, and I have been travel for two weeks, and by far this was the best hotel. :)

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Good stay..Embassy never disappoints
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No omelet bar but they are renovating

Clean and comfortable

Very clean and staff was friendly and handled Greathouse...

No complaints

Very clean and staff was friendly and handled Greathouse family reunion very well

Nothing the worst E.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was broken no hot tub no bathroom at the pool breakfast buffet was not good no omelet bar

Nothing the worst E.S I ever stayed at

We weren’t informed that the hotel was under construction.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We weren’t informed that the hotel was under construction. The omelette station was not open due to the construction The a/c didn’t cool enough.

Nice stay
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning just barely kept up

Very nice staff