Reviews of Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake 3 stars

300 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78704, USA

#73 of 193 hotels in Austin

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The location was close to downtown and beside bat bridge. The breakfast was great with lots of variety. We liked the happy hour. Friendly bar staff. Bed room suite was very comfortable and spacious..

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Paying for parking but that is understandable with a downtown area hotel.

Fantastic breakfast and manager happy hour. The manager went and grabbed the car from the valet lot for us when the regular valet was busy. Then made sure the regular valet got the tip. Excellent teamwork and going the extra mile for the guests made our stay memorable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs a good restaurant on site. If you miss breakfast for example, there's no place to get food on site. The food available at the bar is no substitute for a GOOD restaurant. It's lousy.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with King Bed - Disability Access / Non-Smoking

We didn't like that our almost $300a night room wasn't cleaned properly any of the three nights. We even stopped downstairs after the first 'clean' to ask them to clean again and still - the cleaners just made beds. So the next day we tried a different strategy and left a tip for the cleaning ladies - still they just made beds and didn't even refill the water bottles. You guys could have made money on that water - at $4 each, but we just didn't have any! There were no shower caps to use, the dirty tissues were just where we left them, the sheets were not changed at all, and there was no option (like a card) to request that. Honestly, for the price that we paid, it was very dissappointing.

We liked the hotel itself, it was great and wanted to give a shout out to Ronnie R, the chef who made eggs to order for breakfast, he was such a sweet and kind man, very friendly and nice!

• One-Bedroom King Suite with King Bed - Disability Access / Non-Smoking

no natural light in the living room. I found myself not wanting to sit in there and enjoy the space for this simple reason.

EVERYTHING! The included breakfast and happy hour are a total bonus. Loved it.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with King Bed - Disability Access / Non-Smoking

When we left for the day, housekeeping was parked right outside our door. I told her the room was ready to be cleaned and it was perfect timing because we were leaving for the day. I had taken the “do not disturb “ sign off the door earlier so our room could be cleaned. When we returned at the end of the day tired and ready to shower, a do not disturb sign was added to the doors and the room was not cleaned. I personally told the young women the room was ready to be cleaned and what good timing it was she was there. I was very disappointed. Also my granddaughter fell in the shower. The floor in the shower was extremely slippery.

It was an excellent place to stay with my granddaughters. Breakfast was excellent and happy hour food was good. I loved the suite which was perfect with a teenager. The beds were comfy and the location was fantastic. We walked everywhere and close to the bats and right downtown and walking distance to everything. Also close to the freeway.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The couch was pretty worn out the fabric on it and the mattress was way too stiff was like a box spring

They brought us extra blankets and towels immediately once we requested them check-in was wonderful walked right up no problem and the breakfast was great had a wonderful stay

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was very uncomfortable, which led to not much sleep during the weekend. Also, there was a huge crack in the shower floor, and the shower head only came up to my husband's shoulder. Also, our room was only cleaned one of the two days we were there.

The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. The location was excellent, walking distance to downtown. The hotel is in between the South Congress strip of shops/restaurants and downtown.

• Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Bathrooms

Excellent location for SXSW, the rooms were great, the staff were beyond pleasant, the breakfast was the absolute best. This place is at top of the list in Austin.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The sofa bed. Although it was a foam mattress, there were 3 horizontal cushions which made it a little uncomfortable. A nice mattress pad would have been very helpful. Also, the sofa bed was not made up and the linens/blankets were not in the room.

Nelson was very polite and helpful! We appreciated him taking the time to help us with our luggage and as our valet and shuttle driver!

See above

The omelets were exceptionally good. The room was very roomy And nice. The living area furniture needs to be updated. There wAs a huge stain on the couch.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were three adults, the sofa bed was not very comfortable. Every day we had to call and ask for sheets. ( At least they were clean). The room was barely big enough for three adults. The main bed room was good size.

Breakfast was great. The man at the front desk was Very helpful, and kind.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

No toothpaste or shower caps. The mini fridge was hiding. I found it hours later

The breakfast was awesome... Omelette made to order with a pile of bacon, potatoes, and sausage

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was confused about the valet and parking system. I used the valet at check in. But was unsure if I parked in the garage was I still paying for valet?

Location was perfect. Great food in atrium. Room was very large. This helped us so much. We really enjoyed the pool. The holiday decorations were pretty. Best of all was the Manager’s Reception! Drinks were great and yummy food!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I noted on my booking reservation requesting a crib in the room. I also called the hotel to confirm. The staff was rude on the phone. She was chatting to another person next to her the same time and missed my questions a couple times. Anyway she confirmed the request of the crib. However by the time we arrived the hotel at 6pm, the front desk said there was no crib available because we were late and the cribs were first come first serve. If that was the case, the staff should have not promised on the phone and so I could have booked another hotel or prepared another plan, like a pack n play. That night 3 of us (me, my husband, and a baby under 1 year old) had to sleep on 1 bed together which was not very comfortable for the adults neither the best/safest practice for an infant. also, our room was on the 2nd floor right in front of the elevators and on top of the cafeteria/bar. so yes, it was a very noisy night. I could hear the elevators went up and down, people walking, and laughing/chatting from the bar downstairs.

great breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Soundproofing was excellent, no noise from the central foyer. Amazing breakfast selection. The shuttle service option was very useful to have. Loved the foyer area and drinks reception - it was a great place to hang out and had a real buzz. Great as a solo traveller.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No coffee or water bar and no coffee makers in the rooms

We booked several rooms for my daughters wedding weekend. They wouldn't honor and I didn't receive my bookings price plus they did not offer services that were available such as the use of the shuttle. And supposedly we received discount for parking. They don't have a coffee or water bar available. I could go in. Very dissappointed

• One-Bedroom King Suite with King Bed - Disability Access / Non-Smoking

The parking was expensive. The parking garage wasn’t connected to the hotel and was not secure.

Full breakfast was good. Happy hour every day including weekends. The staff in the dining room were friendly and very efficient. The living room furniture was comfortable. We had a king suite; there was plenty of furniture without being cramped.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The view from our room wasn't the best. We were expecting to look out over the river/Ladybird Lake, but what we saw was mostly the parking garage of the hotel across the street.

The staff, including the shuttle drivers, were amazing. They always seemed to be willing and able to meet our needs.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

If i had to pick something i feel I paid a little much but then again you pay for quality

The staff were outstanding! Every single person I met went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable from the people behind the desk at reception, the chef at breakfast, the bar staff to the guy who helped me with my bags! I couldn't thank them enough!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some breakfast food cold. Happy hour food lacked variety day to day. Happy hour bartenders didn't provide or know how to make common cocktails. The ones they did were watered down. Disappointed.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly and helpful. I like the complimentary happy hour and breakfast. The rooms are spacious with a living area and desk. I would recommend this hotel for people on business trips. Great value for the location!

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't know the self parking fee prior to booking, but the free snacks, drinks &breakfast more than made up for it

I like the staff because they were very polite and helpful

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

i hated the color of the lightbulbs . i know they are fluorscent bulbs but you can whiter bulbs , the ones they used gave off a green cast and were dark . Very hard to read by those lamps.

the staff was some of the nicest people i have ever met ! they were accomodating and extreamly helpful. i would give every person there five stars.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking garage elevators are slow, and there is no direct access to garage from hotel. Based on the high daily fee for parking, the parking facilities can be improved.

Great Breakfast buffet, Amazing Happy Hour, Friendly welcoming staff who make sure you are welcome and feel at home. Very accommodating, I was stuck on conference calls (in meetings) during checked out, and they kindly let me end the meetings without interruptions.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

I enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning. I also enjoyed the free drinks at the bar that were given at a certain time. The indoor pool was great! I loved how clean everything was and how friendly the staff was.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking!!! Paying 30.00 per night to SELF PARK YOUR OWN CAR!!!! Valet is even more and of course there is the tip...self parking alone added an additional 90.00 to our STAY...RIDICULOUS!!!! And there is a sign that states "Park at your own risk" at those prices our cars should be safe... the parking garage is stand alone, not attached to hotel, IT'S ON THE NEXT STREET...its very grimy and dirty, cigarette butts and cobwells and grime!!!!! and in 100 degree Austin weather walking to the hotel in stilletos, expensive clothing and great makeup is horrible...sweaty

The great breakfast, courteous staff, great mattress, well appointed updated room

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

$35 per day for valet parking was way too expensive.housekeeping staff could have done a better job and been friendlier.

very nice breakfast and happy hour. pool and jacuzzi were very clean and ncie.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Great to have parking garage access to back of property. Would have been a bit more convenient if there was also an entrance to the hotel opposite the parking garage rather than having to walk to the front of the hotel. Not only for convenience, but safety

Super location for convenient access to the S. Congress Street bat viewing

• One-Bedroom King Suite with King Bed - Disability Access / Non-Smoking

There is no minibar in your room however there is ice and drink machines on each floor and a small shop in reception with snacks and beverages so you don't have to go far for a cold drink. Overall this is a great hotel with very few negatives.

This is a fantastic hotel. The rooms are very spacious with a separate bedroom and a very functional lounge/dining area with a desk and an extra sink area and small fridge. The rooms have windows out to the atrium off the lounge and out to the street from the bedroom so there is plenty of light. The staff are very helpful and friendly and will go the extra mile to help you and give you some ideas for things to do during your stay. The valet parking makes driving here a breeze and the service is very quick to get your vehicle back out the front ready for you. There is a computer and printer available for boarding passes. The buffet breakfast has a great selection and you can also go to the 'made to order' counter for eggs however you would like them. The hotel has happy hour every day where drinks are free and bar snacks are provided, this is a great time to escape the heat and recharge before heading out for the night. The hotel was in easy walking distance to downtown Austin and to the SoCo district so we had access to everything we needed on foot which was great. There are plenty of restaurants around and the iconic food trailers in the SoCo district of a night were amazing.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sheets and blankets not very comfortable The carpet on both sides of the bed was soaked when we checked in late Friday night. Put towels over it and went to bed. The next day the towels were soaked so we told the front desk and a manager came to the room and said he would have the plumbing checked in our room and the room next door while we were our. We never heard anything else about it but it was never fixed. Had to put towels on the floor for three nights. When we told the front desk in the third night they just gave us more towels to put down. Disappointing because otherwise we were really happy with the hotel and would have stayed there again because we come to Austin frequently

Location, price, pool for kids, breakfast

• Standard Room with One Double Bed

Room price was a little too expensive.

Breakfast was outstanding. The eggs were fresh, not dry. Bacon and sausage were very good, as well. Best part of the stay.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

We stayed on a Monday and the breakfast ended earlier than on the weekends so we missed it. Having to walk through the restaurant in order to use the pool was awkward. The staff led us to believe that the "bat show" was spectacular.... we waited on the bridge for more than an hour beginning at dusk and saw only a handful of bats flutter into the darkness. A waste of time for sure.

• Two Queen Suite

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to my event that I was attending that weekend. I also liked the idea of having 2 bathrooms. Well once I arrived at the hotel I was very disappointed the hotel is very out dated. I made it to our room I did not have a second bathroom and the sofa bed was hard and the furniture was beat up and worn. I went to the front desk to ask about the second bathroom and she said your not suppose to have a second bathroom tha'st a $150 more. I paid $733.00 for 2 night and it was not worth it. The front desk or the valet was friendly I will never stay there again. The sofa bed didn't have the bedding already in the room so we had call and ask for bedding for the sofa bed.

The breakfast was really good but that's about it

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

wifi was hard to connect with, even with Hilton Honors. Ended up not using most of the time because of this, and going elsewhere

Good breakfast. Large rooms

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Great location! The free breakfast included many options and was tasty and filling. The free daily happy hour included drinks and snacks and was a great way to relax for a few minutes. We also used the free shuttle (within 2 miles of the hotel) many times. We definitely got some bang for our buck!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The happy hour was a little weak. Could of had a few more choices.

The location was great. Loved the breakfast. We loved the complimentary shuttle and the guys that drove the van. Used it many times and they were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was great and the location to downtown was excellent we were able to walk most places and enjoyed the weather. The staff was phenomenal!!!! All of them and the breakfast omelettes were amazing

• Two Queen Suite

If I have to go downstairs for coffee I would like to be able to at least bring up a carafe to the room and not cups. The coffee was good.

Very quiet and comfortable

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable bed. Location just great if you are with family and don't want a noisy hotel. Just 5 minutes walking from the park. Just few blocks from Texas State Capitol

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite with King Bed - Disability Access / Non-Smoking

Our room was supposed to be non-smoking, but had a very bad stale cigarette smell. The toilet in our room did not flush properly, and basically clogged and then slowly drained each time you flushed. There were no towel racks to hang towels.

The complimentary breakfast was very nice. The pool and hot tub or very nice and relaxing. The layout of the room with a living room in a separate bedroom was very enjoyable for me and my son.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was very expensive at $25/day self-parking and $30/day for valet parking.

They have an excellent breakfast service. The bed and room in general were very comfortable. The staff were also very good.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Standard Room with One Double Bed

Rooms was size of a closet and normal coffee accruements were not there. when called, they brought coffee but no creamer or sugar. Light bulbs were out on main lamp. Wont stay there again - especially at that price!!!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

They were doing construction the entire length of our stay which we were not made aware of prior to check-in. The breakfast was not even close to normal ES standard nor was the "happy hour" (they were both pretty pathetic). Very disappointed - we didn't even get a discount from the normal rate so we paid for amenities we didn't receive. Not to mention we got charged $25/day for self-parking that isn't even very close to the hotel AND they charge for internet. Our stay was definitely not up to ES standards (mostly due to the construction).

Spaciousness of the room; not far from eateries and downtown

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only down side was the hotel is under a major renovations and so is the pool. But the staff did everything they could to make are stay nice.

The staff was just grate and the room was so nice the only down side was the hotel is under a major renovations and so is the pool other then that I would stay again and again I loved the location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Due to renovation, we didn't get to enjoy the lobby at Austin. I used to stay at Embassy Suites at San Siego and breakfast was great! Room was so spacious and shower facility is quick to respond. The 4 of us enjoyed lazing around on the sofa just before we went to bed.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

Unfortunate construction.

The front desk staff advised me of the renovation then searched other properties to accommodate my needs. They were very helpful and pleasant despite the noise. Thank you. I'm definitely going to stay here next time.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel under construction at time and no mention of this upon booking.we paid top dollar and got no reimbursement for below standard expectations. NEVER AGAIN!

that I only spent two nights in this poor facility!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

was not aware of the remodel not happy with the fact their wasnt a pool had small child and he was looking forward for a swim after a long road the breakfast was disapointing as we were looking forward for a great stay

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didnt know hotel was undergoing renovations.

We have stayed in the past and everything was excellent. Only scored this was due to major renovation going on.

Anything

Excellent hot breakfast and complimentary happy hour daily, location is excellent

• One Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

My Husband is a smoker so finding a hotel that still has those rooms is difficult. He was thrilled and the room was huge.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast and happy hour. Also the shuttle drivers, John and Matt, were very helpful and friendly.

Excellent location, good food, nice large rooms, very comfortable

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room furniture was in worn condition. Room also smelled musty and like someone had been smoking in there.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

There was some gross brown stuff on our comforter

The jacuzzi needs refinished

The breakfast options and Omelet Chef very friendly and cooks great

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing!

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Run down and very average for the price.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Wonderful breakfast! Location was great!

Breakfast was outstanding

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Internet sometimes slow, self parking fee.

Breakfast was great, evening reception, self parking.

Can’t think of anything

Convenience & professional courtesy. Breakfast was great

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

More of the items out at the self serve breakfast.

Selection was good.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was great. Was a perfect place for family to stop by.

• Two Queen Suite

The towels were incomplete.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with King Bed - Disability Access / Non-Smoking

Self-service parking cost of $30/day is excessive.

Very nice facility, great breakfast service.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I like how quickly staff responded to our requests.

• Two Queen Suite

Great continental breakfast, great service, love the two room concept

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

additional fee. I did not get a receipt when I checked out and I was charged additional 72 dollars. :((((

good room

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast was great and daily happy hour that served free food/snacks and free beer

No free shuttles to/from Airport

Good breakfast set up.

Two rooms

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very dirty parking garage.