Reviews of Embassy Suites Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley 3 stars

213 International Circle, Hunt Valley, MD 21030, USA

#2 of 5 hotels in Hunt Valley

Breakfast gentleman who made my omlete was very friendly...
    • King Suite

It is hair in sink and chip paint in bathroom. Also bathroom door didn't close easy

Breakfast gentleman who made my omlete was very friendly patient and knowledgeable. Front desk when i checked in

I loved the water fall the staff was nice the breakfast was...
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

I loved the water fall the staff was nice the breakfast was great I just loved everything I didn’t get in the pool but my daughter and her friends sid they loved it I like that the bar had free happy hour I give the whole hotel 100%

Great place to relax and plenty to do in the area.
    • King Suite

That I chose a room on a higher floor I didn't know the elevator where made so you could see out of them. I'm scared of heights, but that was my fault.

The guest service was nice. Jonathan was very pleasant when I checked in. The break fast was also nice. They had a better variety than most.

My. stay was unpleasant.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

Bathtubs faucets water were running all the time I was there. That make the bathroom floor wet and toilet sit wet. Hair blow dyer was not working. Hotel Employee knocked at door and she ask me what time I am living around 10:59am. It is not 12:00pm the official check out time yet.

I like the property rain forest, breakfast, happy hour.

The staff and location were wonderful.
    • King Suite

The breakfast on Sunday closed early with no warning, we called about an issue with lights in our room that was never corrected, the housekeeping never came until after 4 pm on Saturday. On Saturday housekeeping left full trash bags in the hallway.

The staff and location were wonderful.

The accommodations the free breakfast and the price.
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Everything including the atmosphere the location the way you're treated

The accommodations the free breakfast and the price. My next stay will be at that location. Love it

Comfortable but not peaceful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sorry I typed in the wrong space

The pool was so small I guess a teen party booked rooms so teenagers were running throughout every floor extremely loud and we booked to get away with 3 small children to let them swim but you couldn't even get in the pool No Space! That pretty much was the only complaints other than that it was nice place to stay.

5.6
    Thigs were okay even with the wait and the people tried their best under the circumstances.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We couldn't get into our room till 8:30 at night. They accommodated us with a free drink and appetizer at the bar but for travelers ( thank goodness we didn't bring kids) sitting around waiting was a little difficult. I understand the large group was late in checking out.

Place was nice

Breakfast was pleasant and the waterfall is very relaxing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked this for my god child's birthday all he wanted to do was swim I was not told prior or upon check in that the pool would not be available. ...very disappointing to a child

Breakfast was pleasant and the waterfall is very relaxing

Overall a comfortable, convenient stay. Good value for the cost.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The phone, coffee maker, and microwave didn't work in my room. I told the front desk--not a huge deal.

The bed was very comfortable. I appreciated the iron and ironing board since I was in for business. Breakfast was great. I didn't make it to the evening cocktail reception but loved that it was offered.

Not bad.cheated out of an hour and a half for our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

We had to wait an hour and a half for our room and no one came to let us know why we were waiting or console us. We had two young kids with us that were tired and hungry. We wanted to do room service in our room.finally I had to state my displeasure to the front desk. They had forgotten us. Folks were coming in and getting their keys right away. Is this any way to treat a longtime honor member? Been coming to embassy suites for years. Even had my son's wedding reception there. Shirley Nichols

Beautiful, peaceful hotel

Courtesy shuttle wasn’t running

Loved the koi pond, the bar reception on Saturday and free breakfast on Sunday. We were depending on the free shuttle service to take us to Valley Mansion. It wasn’t running due to weather but the roads were just wet!

Everything was wonderful except the hot room and having to move to another room and no air condition
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had trouble getting the room to cool down. We had to move to another room as our room would not go below 78 degrees. The other room was cooler however, it appears your hotel turns its air conditioner off in December. We like a very cool room to sleep in.

The breakfast is awesome! Would be nice if offered it a little longer in the morning. But all that you offer is wonderful. Also enjoy the drinks and snacks in the evening. Perfect hours to offer this. Not too long so people become drunk and loud. Also the piano was just lovely!!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Adequate, but I probably will choose another option on my next visit to Baltimore.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

The rooms and furnishings were visibly worn/old, and the mattresses were just awful—more what you might expect in a college dormitory rather than a Hilton property in a upscale area of town.

I like that the room had a separate living area and two TVs. I like breakfast, which was included in the stay, especially the cooked-to- order omelette station and the quality and variety of food. The interior area with waterfalls and lush plants was beautiful.

Everything about the hotel and and staff was great.
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Everything was great besides forgetting my wake up call on Monday morning at 330 am.

Everything about the hotel and and staff was great. I loved the happy hour, the breakfast, the bartender was great at the bar. The atmosphere of the hotel was amazing with the koi pond and waterfall.

Not as pleasant as previous stays at this property.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our Executive room was very cold and heating system could not warm soon enough. Staff switched us to smaller room. But, fawcet leaked in the bathroom. Staff fixed it. These events detracted from our normally pleasant stay in Hunt Valley.

Enjoy property location and ambiance. Breakfasts are excellent.

We had a cleaning lady in our room with no cleaning supplies...
    • King Suite

We had a cleaning lady in our room with no cleaning supplies before we got in the room. She had the door locked and when we entered she just left.. My parents also left strawberries and stuff for us to be placed in the room and we never received them.

I appreciated the location, parking and staff as well as the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately I had gotten out of the shower and grabbed a towel with a disgusting stain. I don't even want to imagine what I just wiped my face with.

I appreciated the location, parking and staff as well as the happy hour.

My stay was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our Microwave was not on the counter it was in the lower cabinet basically floor level and the cord was too short to lift it on the counter this was extremely disappointing..The sofa bed was very uncomfortable one of my guest ended up sleeping on the floor with pillows because your hotel does not have roll away beds.

The hotel was very nice and the staff was extremely helpful

Won't stay there again
    • King Suite

Cleanliness!!! First the room had a funny smell, there was an air freshener attached to the wall vent near the ceiling. The carpet in the halls had crumbs and food everywhere. Dead roach in the court yard near breakfast buffet . The court yard has tables all throughout that sat dirty for hours.

The front desk we're so friendly and accommodating, good location for what I needed.

Convenient location but shabby.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

Shabby room--needs to be updated. Atrium music load and played late night--disturbing to sleeper in outer room (on pull out bed).

Locations, suite format, breakfast

Decent facility.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was right next to an interstate and there was a lot of driving noise in my room. The bathroom had a small odor of mildew.

Nice breakfast. Room was spacious.

Love this place - staff is very friendly and welcoming - and...
    • King Suite

Love this place - staff is very friendly and welcoming - and they give you a lot of perks with your stay - like happy hour and a very large breakfast.

Great location and place to relax.
    • King Suite

Room could be upgraded to more current decor. Hallways need recarpet. Elevators were pretty slow.

Breakfasts were great. A chef was available for custom omelets and waffles.

Not a great value for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tv channel selection was poor and advertised showtime was not working; Could not get the thermostat to work so we froze! Sofa bed quality was horrible; All of these things wouldn't be a huge deal at a cheap hotel- this was not cheap.

Spacious rooms Nice breakfast Very nice staff

I like the location, but don't think I will be staying there again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

The sink did not drain, the window seal was cracked (you could not see clearly out of the window), when I put the dirty towels on the floor (hotel code for "please replace my towels") instead of being replaced they were just folded and put back on the counter (gross!). The shower was awful. It was a handicapped shower and the shower head looked like it was 30 years old and did not hang straight. It was very uncomfortable to shower in there. I was counting the days until I could leave the environment. The entire property needs to be renovated.

The bed was comfortable, the gym was accessible/had good equipment, the breakfast was good. The staff was very nice. The location is great.

Kid friendly... more like kids will be running around everywhere!
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The rooms need a facelift to take 20 years off its old sagging looks!

The breakfast that's includedd is convenient when rushing in the morning and really fresh and tasty!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Luxurious feel at a great price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were flat and room temperature was warm. Bartender was not at her station. Couldn't order any drinks because she was MIA.

Lobby and atrium were beautiful. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Pleasantly surprised at the luxury for the price.

Great with one minor turn off.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

Coffee maker in room could be cleaner it looked as if it had many uses.We all know it has, but knowing it by the look of it was a turn off.

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Really nice place to stay
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

Bathroom a bit tight. Moldy smell from shower curtain.

The room was large enough for our family. Loved the atrium view, and breakfast was great. Omelettes and waffles made to order. All food on dishes, not paper/plastic. Comfy room.

Nice hotel, very busy when we went

It was a full hotel. Full of lacrosse and cheer teams, weddings etc The elevators were very slow and we went up and down the stairs a lot

It was a nice enough property, they had a fish pond and a lot of open space. The rooms were big.

Like it a lot...but
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was uncomfortable...small and sagging to the middle. TV had no HD; very limited channels

Good location, wonderful staff; comfortable and quiet room. Excellent breakfast.

Fine for what I needed at the time, one night stay for a limited number of hours.
    • King Suite - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Living room area of the suites feel very tired and old.

The staff at the front desk was absolutely fantastic, from giving directions on the phone, to room location to simply everything. Welcoming, cheerful and efficient.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were put in the last room at the end of a long hall overlooking the air conditioners, and a good distance from the elevators. I have stayed here before on other occasions and had better accommodations, I felt slighted. Bookings.com got us a good price, so I guess they felt they could give us this inferior room.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Very comfortable
    • King Suite

The room really smelled of cleaning odor, like trying to cover up another smell. almost over powering. We had to open the sliding glass door to try to get some fresh air.

Staff was very professional, breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Great Hotel, Beautiful Scenery
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

The scenery inside was absolutely beautiful. The beds&pull out sofa bed were comfortable& the room was very clean. The bar/lounge had great drinks at a good price some drinks were free &they had some free appetizers. The pool & hot tub was great. Breakfast was great they had a buffet plus a grill cook.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The pool was a nice experience for my daughter.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was Marijuana being smoked, we couldn't avoid the fumes....there were roaches scurried throughout our stay..that was the worst, when we opened the pullout couch the smell traveled into the bedroom!! This is unexceptable for a hotel like this for this price and location. ..I have frequently used this location but after this experience my family has decided to book elsewhere

The pool was a nice experience for my daughter. ..the cable TV and wifi

Not sure we'll return...
    • King Suite

A man peed off balcony down onto the dining area tables (indoors). Management did nothing about it. My wife had urine splatter on her.

The included breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

A little disappointed!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The heating system did not work correctly so it was hot in our room and we could not adjust the thermostat to the temp that we wanted. When we opened our patio door the smell of cigarettes and weed came into our room. The food at the restaurant was over cooked, over priced and the serving sizes were very small and did not fill us up. Also the breakfast buffet could have more mixed fruit not just cantaloupe and melons and you could also offer sausage gravy with biscuits. Could use some security officers at night because there were kids running all over the hotel throughout the night and some really shady characters who like to smoke weed and cigarettes on their balconies.

I liked the location, cleanliness,facilities,and the courteous staff, also the buffet breakfast was very good and I really enjoy the cook to order eggs.Loved the theme of the hotel and the coy pond.Staff was very courteous and helpful. And I really liked the evening reception.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Could hAve slept on the floor and slept better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the feeling of springs in my back while sleeping on the sofa bed. Nor did I like the painted over water stain in our bathroom. Or the cold pool water. Not to mention after being up all day, and finally getting the kids to sleep so we could wrap gifts, I laid down only to hear my walls rattling from the constant banging of the door in the room next to mine.

The scenery inside and out was beautiful. Being able to look out my patio and see the mountains was amazingly awesome. And so was the pond full of fish.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Older building, pretty atrium, large true suites, very old mattresses, heat doesn't work well.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to keep adjusting the thermostat trying to warm up the room, but it was always cold. The mattresses are very old, like the building itself. Mine was so broken down I nearly fell out of the bed! Sofa bed is also old and worn out. Not enough USB outlets. Microwave is impossible to use, located under wet bar sink.

Breakfast is plentiful. Get the cooked to order eggs, etc. The pre-cooked eggs and potatoes are very dry. The atrium area is very pretty with its waterfall and tropical plants. Rooms are true suites with separate bedrooms. Soundproofing is good, you don't hear much from outside your room.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was not done during my whole stay.

Kid friendly clean environment

The hot tub

The buffalo wings were awesome

The buffalo wings were awesome

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The evening reception and breakfast were very good. The location is wonderful
    • King Suite

The shower doors stuck, but the hotel was really very nice and staff was very accomodating.

The air conditioning did not work well

The air conditioning did not work well

My family enjoyed our time and the breakfast was great.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

It was very crowded. It seemed like they overbooked.

The hotels cleanliness

Awesome will be returning again
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

I don't have nothing that I disliked

Love how they fulfilled my request for my room didn't have any problems

It was ok

Prices was to high

Drinks and food

Beautiful

I loved the koi fish

427 meets 007

House keepers attitudes

Cleanliness

It wAs ok for the most part
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

Roaches coming out the ice maker with the ice !!!

Overall we had a great stay with wonderful customer service

One of my rooms was ot ready at time of arrival and there should be a bigger pool for the hotel or another pool

The breakfast was amazing

Customer service

Customer service

Everything!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything! And the staff was wonderful

Nice place, comfortable bed. Nice linens and very clean. I would stay again.
    • King Suite

The light fare at the evening reception was messy and picked through. I didn't eat any of it.

The bar staff were fast and efficient!

The bed was comfortable.
    • King Suite

The mini fridge in the room was not working

The bed was comfortable. The room was really clean. Breakfast was excellent.

The check in was easy.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non Smoking

The check in was easy. Staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious.

Was satisfactory
    • King Suite

The bathrooms were very small.

Breakfast and staff were great.

Staff was friendly
    • King Suite

Room was worn, toilet was running the whole night

Staff was friendly

Easy and comfortable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff and nice ambiance. Breakfast was very good. Enjoyed visiting with Suzi at the bar! Loved watching the Koi in the Pond.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were soft and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent.

Very professional staff and very clean.

Everything was great!

Very professional staff and very clean.

My 'go-to' choice for hotel accomodation when visiting Hunt Valley

Excellent breakfast

Great stay
    • King Suite

Additional cost not mentioned on the website after booking

Pool too small
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool size, Cleaning around the pool

Pool too small

My Wife was very Happy .That's all that matters. lol
    • King Suite

Shopping was in walking distance Nice whirl pool & pool Big Rooms The evening snacks that was provided

Very kind and attentive staff.
    • King Suite

Very kind and attentive staff. Cleanliness of room, grounds, and property was excellent!

Food was good.
    • King Suite

Food was good. Bed was very comfy

It was atypical American breakfast, as much as one could eat
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner motors outside the window droning all night

It was atypical American breakfast, as much as one could eat