Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Bloomington/Minneapolis 3 stars

#15 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great facility!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast this time around was a bit underwhelming. The southern style hash browns were soggy and the bacon too had for my 90 year old grandma. We did enjoy the omelette station.

Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Enjoyed the evening reception

Love Embassy Suites!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

We always love the breakfasts! All of the Staff was friendly. We were welcomed as Hilton Honors members. The shuttle service was flexible and provided us a ride to and from our locations without any long waits.

Love Embassy but wouldn't stay here again, they never offered to MAKE IT RIGHT, thats their motto
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms need refreshening. Sleeper sofa was not usable as the mattress was beyond it's lifespan. For 3 days my husband and I had our 16 and 8 year old sleeping with us because sleeper sofa was PAINFUL. In room microwave was not usable either. Once we opened it, almost impossible to close it back...pops back open. If lucky enough to get it closed the rotating place doesn't move. Our stay here wasn't cheap. If I'd known we'd have these issues, would've chosen another property.

Complimentary breakfast and happy hour were good.

Probably wouldn't stay again.
    • Deluxe Suite

The room was not clean, food left in the refrigerator from previous stay, hair all over the bathroom floor and stained sheets. Booked it with a 3:00 PM check in according to the site I booked it through but was told it was actually 4:00.

The staff were legitimately kind and accommodating when we made complaints about the cleanliness of the room.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

OK stay... rooms are a good size, breakfast is good, but hotel rooms are very dated.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Fold-away bed was in really rough shape, we ended up not using it although we had wanted to... the two double beds were pretty small. The rooms really need to be remodeled, showing their age. Lobby/main area was newly remodeled. Pool was small and nothing special. One of the lamps was broken.

Breakfast was great, better than normal "continental" breakfasts. Rooms are a good size. Location is easy to get to, short drive from Mall of America.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Too many people at the breakfast buffet and staff did not...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Too many people at the breakfast buffet and staff did not open the lounge for extra seating until after we were done. Buffet was really good but can't enjoy it if you have to eat standing up.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Don't stay here you'll regret it
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I have never met staff that was so rude in my life!!! They were so rude that it made you not even want to be there! The room sucked we could barely open and shut our room door it was so jammed. There was no blanket or pillows in the room for the pull out couch and i called twice asking for some and waited an hour each time so finally my husband walked down to desk and they yelled at him and told them it wasnt there problem it was housekeepings. This by far was the worst hotel in our life we have ever stayed at!

Very comfortable bed!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They had my reservations wrong, they said booking. com reserved a double bed suite/handicapped room and it was supposed to be a king suite, The desk clerk made it right and the weekend went well.

Very comfortable bed!

Nice motel though
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - First Floor

We would of liked our room to be picked up when we went out again, our trash cans needed emptied and the swimming towels could of been picked up also, not happy with that. Asked a question to a staff member and she could not help me because she didn't understand what I said and she couldn't English and that was not good either.

It was a great place to stay

Booking.com is NOT booking.yeah!!!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Embassy Suites was great! I didn't like that booking.com had my reservation wrong and my youngest had to sleep on the floor! My app showed it correctly, but Embassy suites received a reservation of two adults from Shanghai! The hotel was COMPLETELY booked so my family of 5 had to make the best of a room made for 3. Embassy Suites did everything they could to make our stay great. Steve at the front desk was fabulous! This was absolutely a communication problem with booking.com. First and only time I use booking.com service!!

Great value for excellent amenities!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The breakfast was amazing! The shuttle to and from the Mall of America was very helpful and had good hours. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I typically have a hard time sleeping in hotels..not here. The bed was great and it was quiet.

Overall it was a very good stay
    • Deluxe Suite

Had to call down more than once to get our toilet unplugged and then had to call back down to get it cleaned when it wasn't cleaned when the rest of the room was cleaned. To use the shuttle we had to go an hour before we needed to be anywhere or we couldn't have a shuttle ride. So we didn't use the shuttle which would have been a lot easier.

Most of the staff is very friendly!! And helpful!!

Housekeeping basically threw a pile of towels on the couch,...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping basically threw a pile of towels on the couch, didn’t empty the garbages or take away the room service trays. After waiting and calling 3 times over 2 +hours room service never showed. I called again at 10:15 because I knew they were closing the restaurant and sure enough I was told the grill was cleaned and no food. Thankfully I got the lady to agree to send up orders of chicken strips because nothing was open due to the snow storm and our kids hadn’t eaten. How was our order “lost” when I called several times to check on it?

Lobby and rooms were very nice and spacious.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There’s nothing not to like

Lobby and rooms were very nice and spacious. Complimentary happy hour and breakfast make this hotel a great value. My family and I would highly recommend.

Our stay was good!
    • Deluxe Suite

I didn’t like the I had to call for maintenance 2x’s before front desk was able to assist me. Receptionist put me on hold & told me she was taking care of other customers- who says that? It was like we have your $& you’re no longer of importance! Very Rude! Maintenance was in my room repairing toilet from 1130pm until 1215am!!!!!!!! Not to mention I had to use my toilet paper I brought from home. Other than that everything else was good

Breakfast was great! So many options, dining area nice breakfast staff was friendly! Evening managers special is so convenient & entertaining for both kids & adults! 👍👍👍👍

Good but not sure if I would stay here again.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Problem with unruly adolescents making noise and jumping on floors after midnight. We were on the seventh floor of eight and kids were jumping on floor in room above early in AM and in evenings.

Room size was perfect, two TVs, plenty of room for clothes,...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

No exhaust fan in the bathroom, would’ve like to turn AC down past 65.

Room size was perfect, two TVs, plenty of room for clothes, three sinks!! Excellent breakfast.

Never will I use this site again or use that hotel
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Had to ask for more blankets, pillows, towels, toilet paper. Service was great for those, but why did I have to ask? We had 4 people?? 2 adults, one of them being my daughter in law...and 2 little kids. Sleeping was not fun.

Received a “double” room...misrepresented online. Thought it was 2 beds...one double bed, it was a handicapped room, immediately next to the huge lobby where there were millions of people, very loud.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Fitness center was a positive experience.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower wasn’t warm the first morning. The noise from the lobby and older kids were running around. Elevators weren’t working properly. Long waits. Housekeepers missed cleaning our room one day out of 4. The pillows were too puffy or thick, which put a terrible strain on my neck.

Omelettes that are prepared to order were great! Fresh fruit was also available.

It was ok, but I am becoming more and more unimpressed with Embassy Suites all the time.

One of the front desk gals was not terribly friendly, the breakfast area was very cold due to the entrance doors continually opening and closing, there was only one bartender at the evening reception which made for a very long wait, and one of the elevators was out of service.

The breakfast was well run so there was not much waiting in line.

Very good complimentary breakfast.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There was a wedding going on in the ballroom, which filled up the parking lot and left few open spots

Very good complimentary breakfast. Friendly service. Easy straight drive to the Mall of America. Nice overall hotel!

Breakfast was good
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We’re woken up at 530am due to fire alarm that nobody seem to figure out y . For about 20 min or so deafening ring and many of us standing on balcony outside our rooms wondering what to do. Staff didn’t seem surprised or tell us to go back in rooms . Guess this was the 2nd time this week it happened. Faulty switch I heard I guess

Breakfast was good

I typed in hotels by mall of America.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I typed in hotels by mall of America. The booking took me to this Hilton and this Hilton was not the closest. There was another Hilton by right mall of America. I was disappointed with that and the price at this one was $30 more after doing more checking but I couldn't cancel my reservation at that point.

The breakfast was fantastic
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

No exhaust fan in the bathroom room left it too steamy to finish getting ready in there. And the water pressure in the shower was weak.

The breakfast was fantastic

All in all very nice.
    • Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was not very good the eggs were hard. pancakes were crunchy on the outside edges. the bacon was over cooked . the sausage was tough . the fruit looked poor. I also had a dirty set of room service dishes outside my door that were not mine. For your my entire stay looked very gross. Which is surprising since we were on the premium level level 7.

Rooms are very clean well organized looks nice nice views friendly staff

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

When we checked in a staff member was crying about personal matters at the desk next to us. Our room had a musty smell, the pull out couch had a used dirty sheet on it with food all over it. There was no clean sheet to replace it with either. Eggs were dry, bacon was burnt.

Stay in Room was Excellent!!! Wld recommend this Hotel!!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The only thing I did not like was how crowded the parking became bcz of a wedding reception. We had to park way in the back.

I really liked the Way the Breakfast was set up in the AM. About anything you wanted and more!! The Room was Very Nice and Very Clean!!! I had my room to myself, while my dghtr stayed in room with couchbed..and our own Tv's.

I liked the atmosphere and the friendly staff and the breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It is pretty far from downtown when we took a cab it was told by the reception that the cost should be around 15-20 dollars one way. It ended up at 45.

I loved the great breakfast the most.

Will not stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The building is HUGE and is constructed like a dorm, with all room doors facing an inner courtyard. Many guests were hanging out on the balconies. VERY NOISY, because the central court construction acts as an echo chamber. I felt like I was back in College. I'd love to know what architect thought this was a good idea for a hotel. Also BE AWARE!! Re: free airport shuttle. The biggest reason I booked a room here, was due to their free airport shuttle. I arrived on a Saturday afternoon around 4:00, called to arrange shuttle pickup, and was told I would have to wait at the airport 45 minutes to an hour to get to the hotel--15 minutes away. So that was a complete waste. When I asked why I would have to wait for so long, I was told it was because "all the shuttles are busy." But clearly they were not busy servicing guests to and from the airport. I found out later, the shuttles were busy at the Mall of America. Very bad customer service. I will not stay here again.

Great restaurant; excellent free breakfast, very nice evening "reception".

Breakfast was great!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Need queen beds versus full. Would be nice if they gave more info when checking in .. where are the elevators, when is happy hour etc

Breakfast was great! Wait staff & maintenance staff were friendly & competent.

Overall it is a good hotel. Not a romantic place to stay, but a good price for a family.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool area wasn't that great. Just a basic hotel pool with a small hot tub. They have a huge atrium (where the breakfast is served) with several large screen TV's. I heard another customer asking if his group could watch the football game in the atrium in the afternoo and he was told yes, but he couldn't bring any food or beverages to the area since that part was owned by the restaurant. However; the "restaurant" was only open for the breakfast buffet (until 10am) and from 5:30-7:30 for a "social hour." I can understand not allowing outside alcohol, but not letting them eat any snacks was strange to me.

I liked the later checkout time which was 12:00pm. Most hotels have an earlier checkout time. We were able to enjoy the free breakfast buffet without feeling rushed, and my son had time to swim once more before checking out.

However, aside from my experience with Noel and the size of the beds the rest of the staywas amazing
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

When I booked the room I was pretty sure I booked a room with queen bed and the beds were full. Also, when I went to check in the front desk host Noelle (not really sure on the spelling) was very rude. If it wasn't so late I definitely would have went somewhere else. I was explains to her the price I thought I was paying and she informed me of a security deposit that I wasn't aware of and asked her what to do if I didn't have it and her response was, "well I'm going to have to cancel your reservation." I was always taught it's not what you say it's how you say it.

The breakfast was amazing, made to order every morning. They also offered a very large variety of things to choose from.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Had nothing to do with the hotel. Local pizza delivery messed up our order.

Everything about this place was amazing. Little hard to get to but once we were there it was perfect. Walking distance to stores, awesome breakfast, beautiful rooms,and the staff were the best.

Not worth the money!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room wasn't very clean, bed very hard.. bathroom was dirty..hair on tub..old shaver on floor... lighting was horrible... With the common area in the middle of hotel it was very noisy and you couldn't sleep in all you could hear what people running around dish banging and people talking.

How close to mall of America, and restaurants

Location was super and it was updated.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds were awful. Super uncomfortable. Pull out was like sleeping on springs and while I understand it isn't the most comfortable it was worse than that. Also on the side of the chair was something that looked like someone threw up.

Location was super and it was updated.

Great breakfast
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There was a wedding reception one of the nights and our room was close to the room. We could hear the music from our room.

Breakfast was included and they had a chef making omelets.

There were alot of tall tables when we were down for...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There were alot of tall tables when we were down for breakfast and I had smaller kids so it was alittle hard to find somewhere to sit... the dressers/tv were very dusty kind of gross... and the fitted sheets on the bed came off both nights as we slept... breakfast was good front desk help was friendly...

Extra perks
    • Premium Suite with Two Double Beds

Free and quite extensive breakfast, free snacks and drinks for happy hour were great. With Premium suite booking, snacks within the room were provided as well, which was great for our kids. Staff was quick to respond and help with anything we needed.

The breakfast was great, especially the omelet chef.

Slow elevators.

The breakfast was great, especially the omelet chef. The atmosphere is very inviting and the rooms are spacious. Easy access off the interstate.

Great stay overall!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Complimentary hours. Maybe extend it an hour or move it back a hour.

We loved the breakfast, the complimentary drinks. It was a great view. Very nice overall!

Open concept and enjoyed how they had breakfast buffet as...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

It would smell like horse poo between 6-8pm all around the lobby area and in the elevator

Open concept and enjoyed how they had breakfast buffet as well as their cocktail hour.

Very comfortable and classy
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The person who checked me in did not explain things well, she was rushed and I would have liked to have been walked through things regarding the amenities a little better.

Made to order breakfast was a real treat. the seperate rooms was amazing it was like going to a mini apartment. it fit our family size and needs great! Very clean!

Handy location, relaxing.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Basic Wifi dropped out sometimes, not very fast especially on phone. Had to keep logging back in

Great breakfast. Atrium is inviting and relaxing. And of course the Embassy Suites give the extra living room which is great. Good location near 494 and 35W, but still quiet.

Decent place to stay. Nice comfortable rooms, enjoyable pool.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The food was generally cooler than we would like. My bacon (Saturday morning) had some very thick, hard chunks in it. I couldn't chew it, and while it looked like bacon, it was hard as stone. The blueberry muffin I tried on Sunday was bland and pasty. I passed on the yogurt because dipping it out of an open topped stainless pot didn't look appetizing. There were not enough places to sit, but that could be because it was a holiday weekend.

There was plenty of food, and the variety was not bad.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great place to stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I wish I would've stayed longer to enjoy the pool.

The rooms were clean enough storage luggage space.Great complimentary breakfast. Omelets AMAZING!The staff was great. I enjoyed the whole stay.

Embassy Suites was perfect!!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I enjoyed pretty much everything.. I don't drink coffee. But everything else was great. The pool was wonderful. The breakfast was amazing. The beds we're very soft. And the staff was friendly and very helpful.. I have no complaints.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Room was spacious and very comfortable.
    • Premium King Suite

On the second night I reserved a room and when i arrived the room i reserved was not available so i was put into a much smaller room!

Room was spacious and very comfortable. Felt like an apartment.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

The staff were very kind and helpful.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

They were grossly understaffed for a holiday weekend, rooms weren't ready. The way the breakfast was set up was inefficient, making everyone wait in line all at once was silly. There were food stations spread out, it could handle the crowds of people better.

The staff were very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Needs to go back to making pancakes to Order
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The breakfast needs improvement. If butter can't melt on pancakes, that is never good ! Also need turkey and beef breakfast sausage and bacon !

The location and renovation of the hotel was great!

" Another Chatman's Production "
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

At breakfast time each day, the pancakes and other foods were cold . Turkey bacon and sausage should be an option at breakfast also . Not everyone eats pork these days .

The location was great and hotel in great condition . Great job Embassy Suites Bloomington !

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Nice that there were three sinks in the room.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Pull out was not very comfortable. Easy to get mixed up with the ES on Am. Blvd. East.. we went to the wrong one first.

Nice that there were three sinks in the room..6 ladies shared one room!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Nice property; reception staff not friendly.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

At check in staff handed me my key. No explanation about which elevator to take, or how to get my suitcase "down" the steps to the elevator. Had no idea that there was a ramp to wheel my bag down. She didn't even say the room number. In the hospitality business, one expects a hospitable welcome at the check in desk. Only one of the remotes work. Left the non working one with a note, both disappeared.

Breakfast and dining were great. Location great.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Nice Hotel Nice Rooms ( But Do Not Expect a Quite Stay )
    • Premium King Suite

This Hotel would get a better rating if it were not so noisy(Very Noisy) all day from 7am banging doors etc a lot of this is from the staff. also people leaving and entering rooms let doors bang and it is loud. The Hotel Must Address this and not just say it is because we get a lot of Business people as i was told Guests have a right to a quite stay. This is a Big problem

Nice Hotel, dramatic internal area,rooms nice , breakfast is good as is the position.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Free breakfast was amazing!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing I would change is that there should be a DVD player or an option to rent movies.

Free breakfast was amazing! The omelette station was incredible as was the rest of the food.

Breakfast was great!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast was great! Very comfortable and clean.

I didnt like my first room and they changed it no questions asked. Very Accommodating
    • Deluxe Suite

The made to order breakfast

The place was beautiful and the breakfast was amazing!
    • Premium King Suite

The place was beautiful and the breakfast was amazing!!

I would stay again
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The beds were a little hard.

The pool and hot tub were nice

Super breakfast with lots of choice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was very good, breakfast excellent with lots of variety.nothing

One of my favorite chains

One of my favorite chains

Enjoyable stay!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Very family friendly! Within minutes of the Mall if America!

Always a Great place to stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Embassy Suites is always a great place to stay. I have never found anything wrong with any of their hotels. Staff members are always great too.

great location

great location

Great hotel. I would stay again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that we didn’t like. Great stay without any problems.

Hotel is very clean and quiet. Perfect for a work or family trip.

Best place to stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Thanks for the free drinks and food during the reception time
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nice room layout with door between pull out sofa and bed

Great hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great hotel. Large spacious rooms-great food-nice pool area-friendly staff

Love to stay here!

Love to stay here!

Stay was great
    • Deluxe Suite

Great hotel in all aspects

Liked ecerything

Great staff and very clean!

Wonderful
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - First Floor

Mix up with the shuttle driver I had the first night.

Staff was very accommodating and nice

Comfortable

Comfortable

Fabulous value

Breakfast and happy hour

We love the spacious rooms of Embassy Suites as well as the...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

We love the spacious rooms of Embassy Suites as well as the fantastic breakfast and complimentary cocktail hour. No reason to stay anywhere else.

Loved the managers reception
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The breakfast was great and the afternoon managers reception was amazing