Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough 3 stars

123 Boston Post Road West, Marlborough, MA 01752, USA

#2 of 9 hotels in Marlborough

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great service, loved our suite, the free breakfast, the pool...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great service, loved our suite, the free breakfast, the pool and hot tub were fantastic! Front desk offered us a shuttle ride for Kidz Expo event and a nearby hotel.

At a glance it seems to be well kept
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was old, but clean Both the king bed & the sofa pullout were extremely uncomfortable The handrail on the outside balcony of our room was falling off making it easier to fall 4 floors to the dumpsters

At a glance it seems to be well kept

For the price we paid and lack of free drinks we would not stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The drinks were not free at the managers reception. I think this is due to a law in Massachusetts that does not allow them to give out free alcohol but they should have drinks at half price not $6 for a beer. Hotel was being renovated which we were not aware of and they started at 9:00 am.

Breakfast was as good as other Embassy Suites we have atayed at.

Good enough but terrible maintenance
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room not clean, time it took for room to get clean, toilet broke, maintenance did not fix toilet promptly, water got shut off, lights went out briefly

The free breakfast

Stay here. You will not be disappointed.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The weather. Not the fault of Embassy Suites.

Great location for us. We also, by chance, received a handicapped room which was huge (2 separate rooms) so we pretty much had a bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchenette with a small table. Great accommodations for 3 adults and a child. Breakfast was delicious. Pool was great. Workout facility had good treadmills and free weights. We will stay here again if we have opportunity.

It was ok.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast chef was rude. Buffet is not what it used to be. Very disappointed. Should be able to get your own eggs and bacon. Pool area was despicable. So dirty I did not want to be barefoot walking around the pool.

Friendly front desk staff. Clean room

overall decent. pros and cons.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

for what you get, it is on the expensive side. they need more bar service and wait staff during busy times. very slow service.

decent place to stay for a kids hockey tournament. However at $550 for two night, I expect more in this remote location. it beats driving to and fro.

Very fun and relaxing!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Pricing and details online.

Our room was great! Perfect size for our group. The atmosphere was quiet with a busy city around you! Great for any type of reason to go!! Just be careful with pricing. Online told me I’d be paying $155 and we ended up paying almost $180. So I would call when making a reservation!

Having two dogs with me can be difficult with traveling.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There's nothing that I don't like about embassy suites.

Having two dogs with me can be difficult with traveling. The rooms are spacious and it's helpful that the bedroom is separate from the sitting area. I also love how centrally-located the hotel is.

Clean and spacious suites.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

This is one of the most expensive hotels in the area. In spite of high room price you will be nickled and dimed on every possible thing. Wi-Fi $9.95 per day. Bottle of water in the room $5. Small bag of chips and small bottle of water in gift shop $4.50. News flash - almost every hotel in the world now has free Wi-Fi. A bottle of water costs $1.50 at other nice hotels in the area.

Clean and spacious suites. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Ideal location. Has nice pool and other facilities.

Fabulous hotel, and well worth the stay.
    • Premium King Suite

2 minor things, 1) I get shocked EVERY SINGLE TIME I touch the elevators after walking on the carpet to get to the elevator. My friends with me laughed / jumped at the sound of the bzzz snap as I got shocked. 2) the electric fireplace was very underwhelming.

Large rooms, some of the largest available in the premium plus range. Most hotels have rooms / suites that are in the 340-400 sq ft, this hotel offers rooms up to 700 sq ft. Has a pool on site, and very adequate parking. Some rooms have a small balcony you can step out on. You have an option to upgrade to larger rooms that have full size refrigerators and a stove. A MAJOR bonus is the property is Pet friendly!

The staff were very accommodation.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe to much chlorine in the pool, or post a sign when the chlorine was added, did bother the kids eyes the next morning.

The staff were very accommodation. The girls at the front desk were very helpful, the Buffett was great.

There was not much around the hotel and was located beside a...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was not much around the hotel and was located beside a busy motorway. The hotel provided a courtesy shuttle bus to local recommended restaurants in the evening.

A little disappointed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It really needs new carpets, EVERYWHERE! It seemed very tired and unclean. The hotel was very beige and dull, that's a shame because the staff were so bright, friendly and welcoming.

Staff, they were extremely helpful and friendly.

Wonderful experience - would stay again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Spacious suite with everything I needed. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was amazing, staff was super friendly. Parking was easy and convenient. I was only in town for the night but I wish I could have stayed longer!

Overall, would recommend this property for a stay.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Staff member during check-in could have been friendlier. Rest of staff, specially during breakfast was very good. Hotel's restaurant food was average. Room's furniture needs update, specially sofa bed, chairs, and vanity area.

Excellent breakfast options, cleanliness and comfortable beds.

Great place to stay and affordable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The temperature control was inconsistent between LR and bedroom.

Very clean well kept facility. Breakfast was awesome. The staff was incredible. Everyone seemed to really be connected to the facility and care about your needs.

A once upon a time legendary hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No replenishment of bathroom supplies - had to beg for soap and body lotion, room cleaning is anecdotal, attempt to overcharge confirmed rates, noisy AC, extremely slow elevator while stairs are hidden at a remote location of the building.

Rich breakfast compared to hotels in the same price range, large room, helpful staff, very good, quiet location, good noise insulation between rooms.

Great place, far enough, yet close enough to Boston.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Pool area, although clean, needs an update and some repair. Although the hotel is worn-out it is kept clean and comfortable for all. Free WiFi was great, but took a bit of figuring out to use it, thought I needed to register online but didn't have to. Shower needed extra shampoo/conditioner for family of 4. Bathroom also needs better ventilation. Coffeemaker in room needs upgrade. Only one side of the two-cup maker was actually working, had to waste my FIJI water to find this out. I also left behind my prized Starbucks coffee mug by accident. I returned the same evening but no one could find it. The staff was extremely helpful with this but alas, no mug :(

Everyone was very attentive to my family's needs. Evening welcoming spread was great! everyone found a favorite tidbit and drinks. Breakfast was also outstanding and the main reason why we chose this hotel. Hot tub and pool were an extra bonus and the kids also enjoyed the game room with pin-ball machines. The two room suite was just the right size and I was able to take a nap while the kids watched TV in the adjacent room.

Spacious rooms suites with comfortable beds!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Arrived at 9pm tired with child and was disappointed to find room was dirty with unmade bed, towels on floor and dirty toilet. Staff was very professional to quickly find us another room that had been cleaned, but we lost a half hour at bed time and lugged our bags up and down to the 4th floor twice which was a little frustrating.l.

Spacious rooms suites with comfortable beds!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The great place to stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A couple of more service staff during breakfast.

The food was very good, specially breakfast. Rooms very ample with comfortable beds, quiet and relaxing. But the best part was having our pet with us!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The breakfast was great!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool water could have been warmer. The complimentary hors d'oeuvres could have been better. A lot of crackers but no cheese. Selection could have been more varied to appeal to everyone.

The breakfast was great! The bed was comfortable, but a little too soft. The pool area was warm and the water was great. The hot tub jets did not always work. The pool water was warm the first day but a little cooler the next two days.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

i really like that the manager K.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

i didnt like the bad experience with the front desk associate. she made a mistake that almost destroy the whole reservation and day for my family and I . thanks Goodness for manager K. Ortiz and a Spanish cleaning guy that made my day by helping us out in any way the could. great job to them

i really like that the manager K. Ortiz and a Spanish Cleaning guy did what they had to do to make my stay more pleasant when they saw i was overwhelm by the front desk mistake. thanks to them i will give this hotel a second chance ;)

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Awesome place to stay.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed was the most comfortable bed EVER! Even the pillows were awesome. The Hot tub is Fantastic! I am disabled and in pain all the time but the hot tub made me feel wonderful. The Indoor pool is nice right near the hottub but I didn't go in it just tested the temp which was nice. Beautiful place to stay.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Tryingood embassy
    • Premium Double Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff gave me hard time at check in about the room that I booked gave me a room that I didn't aprove of and told me I was wrong and in the end I proved to them I was right

The hotel had a lot of different things going on activities

We'll be back!!
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This is a family hotel for the most part, it provides great fun for all, but it needs an uplift.

The complementary breakfast was outstanding and so was the complementary reception at 5 pm. A great variety of excellent food and great service throughout. The room was ample and beds very comfortable. The extra room with tv and sofa are a bonus. Even though, there was a lot of families, the inside of the room was very quiet.

Overall good value
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Overcrowded at pool. Under staffed at restaurant/bar and poor handling from management. Plenty of space in room.

Breakfast was great. Get there early

Could do better but it wasn't bad
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a tray of old eaten food sitting on the floor from the time we arrived at 4pm until we left at 11am the next day...pretty gross. other than that it was ok.

Balcony

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

To be honest I've had one of the worst nights sleep...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My door cards three different times in one night would not let me in the building or my room had to go to the front desk three times to get new door cards

To be honest I've had one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had the toilet in my room never stopped running and continuously flushed itself I don't know if I had something to do with the other toilets in the building or if it was just my room but it was loud and kept me up all night it was horrible

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great stay
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was spacious and very comfortable. I had a great night sleep. The chef was great at breakfast. The food was all fantastic. My son loved it all, which says a lot.

Staff were good

Food

Staff were good

Room very tired looking.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room very tired looking. Old carpets, very worn. Had to pay 9.95 for internet. Broken tv remote.

EVERYTHING WAS FINE

Everything was great

Everything was great!

Fantastic breakfast
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe the tiniest bathroom we've had at any hotel

Fantastic breakfast

Very good Breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

So sad i stay only one night

Very good Breakfast

Staff and breakfast very good
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms really need to be updated

Staff and breakfast very good

I will always stay at this hotel when I return to visit.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The bed mattress was too soft for my liking.

The staff was very welcoming and very helpful. The facility very clean. Breakfast was amazing.

Perfect accommodations for busy family and pets
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Friendly staff and lspacious rooms

I will definitely be visiting again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Comfortable bed and pillows, delicious complimentary breakfast

Comfortable beds, good breakfast

Small and old rooms compares to other Embassy Suits

Comfortable beds, good breakfast

A great family vacation or weekend getaway.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

This hotel is one of my family's favorite each time we are in the Boston area.

staff at the reception are very cordial and professional.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the carpets in the rooms needs to be updated.

staff at the reception are very cordial and professional.

Nice and relax
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My family loved it, therefore im happy

Cafeteria. Pool. Rooms. Staff. Everything

The complimetary breakfast was wonderfula
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool is pretty small

The complimetary breakfast was wonderfula

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Loved breakfast

Loved breakfast

The pool area was not clean.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The pool area was not clean. Chipped paint on the ceiling, hot tub was cold.

Easy access to Central MA
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Repaving done while we were there.

Great breakfast. Pool is very nice; exercise area could be a little bigger

Breakfast was overcrowded and there was no food left on the...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was overcrowded and there was no food left on the buffet when we arrived. Would not return to this hotel.

The Breakfast was amazing.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Drink prices were a little high! $12.00 for Kahula and Milk!!!

The Breakfast was amazing. We loved Chef Mike!

Need to adress all amendity on room location

Need to adress all amendity on room location

Friendly staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would prefer some healthier food options but overall food was pretty oo

Friendly staff

Worth the money!
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, clean, family oriented.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

No free wifi

No free wifi

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Very clean.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very clean. Amazing breakfast - buffet style and cooked to order. Nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

A great hotel. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially families.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the room was a perfect size and very clean!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

It was great

Old tv

Eggs

Perfect family getaway

Breakfast was delicious

I haven't stayed at a better hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely inviting and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Great location too.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

I like the room & the main space downstairs.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I like the room & the main space downstairs. Snacks in afternoon & breakfast in morning.

Incredible service
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I like everything about it...

my company

my company

Coaches night
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast was a little unorganized and staff was a little short of patience

Food was amazing rooms were beautiful & the hot tub

It was beautiful highly recommend.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Their breakfast was incredible! The hot tub was also very nice and the inside reminded me of Florida!

Bathroom could have a spa tub

Bathroom could have a spa tub

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Staff was very friendly and helpful!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was very friendly and helpful!!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Staff was super accomodating!

N/a

Staff was super accomodating! Will come back!!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

food quality, service, everything

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

breakfast was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

was not easy to find. too much noise.

breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

No complaints

Everything! The staff was extra friendly and the hotel itself was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Happy hour was great.

Price of m&m's (realize you pay for convenience of the late night snack)... go to the store less than a mile away.

Happy hour was great... good finger foods, nice Shirley temple's. Clean, Very friendly staff! Great location!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Wide variety of breakfasts, great choice, friendly chef food...

Would have been useful to have some cutlery and plates in the room.

Wide variety of breakfasts, great choice, friendly chef food made to order. Dining experience very good. Early evening complimentary snacks and drinks much appreciated. Suite was clean, sofa bed comfortable and separate bedroom with 2 double beds suited our needs. Room location was on the ground floor in a corner - nice and quiet. Front of house and maintenance staff very helpful and friendly also. Swimming pool was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

suites are spacious, double rooms, 2Tv, sofa/bed, very...

Bath room was clean , but little small and outdated.

suites are spacious, double rooms, 2Tv, sofa/bed, very comfortable King bed. Mini sink/ fridge/ kureg coffe maker. Etc. Breakfast was reasonable, omelet bar with fresh fruit and so on.

There are also 48 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.