Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County 3 stars

#1 of 6 hotels in Brea

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Embassy Suites Brea California
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bar on site let the hotel down. Staff more interested in setting up for the free happy hour than taking care of the paying customers at the bar. Bar Tenders would disappear for long periods of time.

Reception staff and shuttle bus drivers. Breakfast staff were excellent.

I really liked the huge open courtyard setting to sit and...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I really liked the huge open courtyard setting to sit and relax and have breakfast in. It is a beautiful hotel. One little problem was that the jacuzzi wasn’t working and we all wanted to go in it. 😏 otherwise it was perfect and the breakfast was awesome!

Wish I could have had a better room for the price I had to pay.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Carpet was dirty and shower was not so good and the air conditioner only worked at the coldest temperature, if you put it up at 65-70 degrees it felt like heater was on so we had to keep it at 62-64 degrees in order for room to stay cool. My mom was freezing.

Close to my family and beds were comfy

Great staff!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Rooms are a little dated. Although there is coffee provided in the room, it would be nice if coffee was available downstairs outside of breakfast hours.

Great staff! Breakfast was good. Pool area is very nice and there were always fresh towels available. Gym is very nice. The outstanding staff really made the stay wonderful.

I loved the breakfast and all the staff was really awesome!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the A.C. it was very hot and muggy. We couldn't get ready without sweating.

I loved the breakfast and all the staff was really awesome! Enough room for 6 people!

Very satisified beyond expectations.
    • Non-Smoking King Special Suite

Everything met and exceeded our expectations. Their evening reception of free appetizers, chips, salsa, fresh fruit and veggies (carrots/celery), mixed drinks as well as non-alcoholic drinks. The bar and grill is reasonably priced and food is great!

Staff were professional/helpful. Assisted with bell-hop services even they don't have bell-hops. Staff will take time to assist. Breakfast provides a huge variety along with preparing breakfast to order i.e. omelets, bacon, etc. Food very tasty with fresh fruit.

Location is great, breakfast very good.
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Stayed 2 nights, mattress was way too soft, first night they said they could not relocate me because the hotel was full but would provide a solution for the second night. On the late afternoon of the second day I returned to the hotel and noticed they had not changed the mattress and said it was too late to organize a mattress change at 6pm.

Location is great, breakfast very good.

It was a perfect night for our families and our kids who were celebrating Prom night.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The furniture in the sitting area was kinda dated & dark.

Loved the convenience of location to everything. The EASE of parking & it was FREE even better. Accessibility to room was great. The atrium area was gorgeous. Buffet in the morning was delicious and Happy Hour drinks were on point. KIM and Jesse were kind & happy serving everyone drinks. I would definitely stay there again.

very nice hotel with a couple of issues on our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Problems with rooms is the only issue

Our stay was good, we were there for our daughters wedding, we had a toilet that clogged several times. Our first room smelled like smoke. It is a nice hotel we just had a couple of issues.

Loved the property but I didn’t like they over charged me causing over draft fees
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like that the hotel charged my card 3 times causing my account to be over drawn and I was unable to use my card for the rest of my trip. Now, I owe my parents money.

I loved the breakfast and room. My bed was so comfy and I slept very well.

Beautiful property with great staff !
    • Two-Bed Premium Queen Suite

The a/c just did not cook down the bedroom. It did cool down the living room area, just not the bedroom. It wasn't too bad it just was a little mug.

When My boyfriend and I first walked into the hotel we were in awe. The hotel was very clean and the scenery was awesome. Not only was the physical appearance stunning, but the heart of the hotel (being the staff) made it even better. That was just the Lobby ! When we got into the room not only was is neat, clean, and spacious; it was cozy. I didn't feel as if I was at just another hotel. I felt comfortable and welcomed. Although I am ranting about all the pros, there was one little thing. The A/C wasn't too great. The vents were open, but they did not cook down the bedroom. The living room however did cool down. It wasn't too the point were I felt a need to complain, because it wasnt baking like an oven. I do just want to bring that up only for the fact that it is something that another person may have a problem with in the future. Aside from that the room service was excellent ! The food was delicious and filling. We really enjoyed our visit. I also want to throw out that we stayed for our tip room Disneyland, and the hotel was only 12 minutes away. It saved us a lot of time and it was a great deal compared to other hotel in the area. I would most definitely stay again.

I have nothing nice to say!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I was blindsided with a $250 smoking charge for NO REASON. There was nobody smoking in the room but I was charged anyway because the cleaning crew saw an empty pack of my friends cigarettes. I called to have it removed and was told it was their word against mine and that they had "taken a photo" of the cigarettes. Okay... and??? I am so livid!

Initially it was a great experience.

I have nothing nice to say.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They charged a smoking fee of $250 without warning. NOBODY SMOKED IN THE ROOM. My friend is a smoker but would never smoke indoors or around my kids. They saw cigarettes & automatically charged me. I'm livid!

The staff was accommodating.

Good place to stay, especially for business travel.
    • Non-Smoking King Special Suite

The breakfast is simple, not too many choices.

The room is big and nice, really close to shopping mall and Target. The shuttle van is really convenient for those who doesn't drive.

Great place!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

USB ports in lamps shut down after a while, and you might find yourself in morning with uncharged smartphone.

Nice neat place, great breakfast, staff is friendly and helpful.

Position excellent for my purposes and staff very helpful. Pity no porter to assist with luggage
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The lounge was dark because I couldn't draw curtains open if I wanted privacy since the window faced a public accessway. There was only paper cups and plastic, no porcelain/ceramic available. this also applied to breakfast. No hooks to hang up dressing gown. No dressing gown or slippers

The suite was spacious. The microwave was very useful.

My girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay we were very pleased and happy for our stay.
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was unable to make it to the complimentary breakfast service. I over slept.

The staff were very friendly, even had a chat with a couple members of the cleaning crew in the elevators in different occasions.

Excellent! Our favorite! Definitely will return year after year!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My wife and I visit our family every year and we choose to stay at the Embassy Suite Brea! This is by far the best accommodation anywhere for the price! Comfort level is over the top! We loved the delicious complimentary buffet breakfast!!

I liked the fact that the bedroom is separate from the...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I was disappointed in the pool. I had children with me and through out are stay they weren't able to go swimming. I was told it would be 84 degrees and it wasn't. I called the Front desk and it wasn't fixed not even the next day.

I liked the fact that the bedroom is separate from the living room. Also that breakfast is included as well as the two hour cocktail evening event.

Excellent breakfast and evening happy hour.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Excellent breakfast and evening happy hour. Traveled with older parents to visit family in the area. The larger rooms and living room made the visit comfortable even for people with mobility challenges. Next to a large mall so no shortage of food and shopping just a short walk out the door.

I enjoyed my room and will stay again.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We came with a group and expected to have an area downstairs where we could meet, have drinks and chat. We weren’t informed of the wedding that took place early evening. It was crowded and noisy, really no quiet place for us to comfortably visit.

The room was great, separate bedroom, nice living room 2 TVs, perfect. I liked having breakfast on site.

It was not bad
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I checked in and a smiling face told me as I have three kids with me he will give me two rooms for the same price that is what I already paid. I kept on repeating time and again that I don't have to pay more he said not obsolutely not. I was very happy at the service. I was really tired as I was coming from Sanfransico not to mention the the flight from NY to Sanfransisco in the morning. I was surprised at the good will gesture of two rooms. My question was answered in the morning when we woke up the hotel was full of construction machinery noises, so I thought that's why he offered me the other room for free. During our breakfast the noise from the construction going on was very non comforting. When I checked out they gave me a bill of double the amount I paid. I was surprised at this and told the manager that your staff offered the extra room within the same price. I asked him to contact the staff member who was present at my checkin but he was not available at that time. I didn't know what to do as I had a busy schedule ahead of me the manager offered me to reduce the price of the room by 50%. I didn't have any choice but paid under protest and left. I have used your site for many years now from booking hotels in Thailand, Hongkong, Tokyo m, Europe, USA etc. never had a problem like this. This was a very bad experience as I was lured into an extra room and had to pay extra for that really bad.

It was not bad

We had an amazing vacation and will definitely stay at Embassy Suites again.

The pool area was being remodeled and there wasn't wheelchair access to the pool during this process. It would have been nice to know beforehand. I

The complimentary breakfast was awesome, we had it every morning of our stay.

The location of this hotel is excellent. There are many restaurants and shopping surrounding
    • Two-Bed Premium Queen Suite

The room was always a bit humid and the two rooms controlled by one thermostat were always different temperatures so if the bedroom was cool, the sitting room was freezing. The daily cleaning service needs improvement, My husband often thought they didn't come but you knew they were there by the additional towels. The reception desk was friendly and helpful. The customer service during cocktail hour was hit and miss.

The included breakfast was convenient and the variety of food options were good for my family with various food preferences.

Fun in the Sun
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool area was wonderful. I was in SoCal to visit my grandson who is 5. We had a lovely afternoon swimming and enjoying the out door facilities. The room was spacious and felt like we had plenty of room when the family came over to hang out. The location is right next to a Mall which was wonderful. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. If you want to eat in your room, there is a full service Target across the road where you can stock up. Park the car and walk to dinner or shopping.

Great place to stay in Brea! Very handy to downtown and to the Brea Mall which is right next door.
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The whole experience was great! Your staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, well laid out and comfortable. Loved the "automatic" light - it came on when we entered the room.

the bed was awesome and it was very clean
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

did not like the parking structure in the bottom of the hotel when you have an expedition parking too narrow and close together We could not really see where the swimming pool was at.

the bed was awesome and it was very clean

Delightful! I truly enjoyed my stay. Everything was close by and walking distance. Hotel was beautif
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The mirrors in my room looked like they were not clean. They had hand marks on them. A little more attention to detail on the small things in the room would have been a plus. Bathrooms looked nice but you could see the mirror frame falling apart at the edges.

Everything was great, rooms, staff, facility and parking. Breakfast was delicious. I look forward to staying here again.

For the price I will never stay there again. Hotel is outdated.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wasn't happy with the staff. I had to request towels several times before I received. Bartender was rude. Manager and clerk were too busy talking to answer my question so I left, even though they saw me standing there waiting. My last evening they were spraying a room for "?Bed Bugs?"? It stunk up the entire hall way.

The bed was comfortable

An all inclusive suite hotel with a modern flair located in the heart of Brea, CA
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had such a positive experience with this hotel. The only negative was it was right next to a big mall. That was not such a bad thing. You could walk right out the front door and walk across and have access to a variety of stores in the Brea mall.

I like the location of the hotel. It was very close to the places I was visiting. Also, I liked how easy it was to park underground and take elevator straight to floor where my room was located. The modern decor and fountains in the center was beautiful. The pool was really nice. The breakfast in the morning had such a variety of choices. Beautiful setting to eat in morning. Our suite was perfect.

Awesome stay.
    • Non-Smoking King Special Suite

I really loved this hotel. The location is amazing. There is a mall and target within walking distance. The area is really nice and quiet not too "touristy". The facility is clean and well maintained. The pool isn't the most luxurious but really nice. I would definitely recommend and stay again.

Great breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The ONLY thing that went wrong was that our rate upon check out was $100 more than we booked it for. However the manager was very helpful in researching the problem and credited back my account immediately. So an unpleasant situation turned ou

Great breakfast. Plenty of variety. Hotel was right across from the mall. It was also super close to the freeway which made it easy to get to Disneyland. Staff was friendly.

The first room I was assigned had a very stale odor.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The first room I was assigned had a very stale odor...smelled of stale smoke despite the fact that I was assured that it was a non smoking room! Also, the carpet in that room was very dirty....

My group was in town for a high school dance competition at...
    • King Suite with Mountain View

Hotel's age showed. Carpets in hallways were dirty, elevators not smooth. Two plugs and two lamps in one of our rooms were non-operational. The price was quite high for the area. Embassy Suites properties located in more metropolitan areas (closer to Disneyland) cost less than this property.

My group was in town for a high school dance competition at Sonora High School. Hotel proximity was great-only 10 minutes from venue. Our big crowd pleaser was the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Expensive hole in the wall.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Under construction to our shock was terrible looking, should not have been open for businessbut it was a birthday gift for my son who is in a wheelchair, had to go home and come back next day, handicap shower room wasn't available and it was late at night. they didn't have a ramp to wheelchair up for the happy hour area after a while they found a wooden board the whole place was a mess.It took hours for them to lower the price as we waited in the messed up lobby only for 65.00 off, bad bad stay altogether.

Beware: Great Location but Under Major Reconstruction in February 2017
    • King Suite Room with Two Beds - Allergy friendly

Good room layout for more than 2 people (anteroom with 2nd sink, 2nd TV, desk...)

Steps to Brea Mall and short drive to Downtown Brea (nice walking area with movie theaters and eateries; easy & free parking both at hotel, mall and near theaters.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Not Pleased with our stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Upon arriving at the Hotel the lobby was under construction, paper and tape all over the floors and elevators. One of the front desk associates informed us that the Jacuzzi was not working when I asked about the pool hours. Which was a major disappointment because that's one of the reasons we choose to stay at the hotel. My Husband had a Cycling race that day and was in desperate need to soak in the spa. At reception hour we took our 10 year old son with us so he could shoot pool, but the pool table was gone, the bartender informed us that they had removed it due to construction. Needless to say we where very disappointed with our say this time. It was our Anniversary and we had stayed at the Hotel one year ago.

Rooms very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Staying at Embassy Suites
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I usually really look forward to staying at Embassy Suites for my frequent business trips and also for some get-away fun trips. I really missed the atrium and the Koi ! I most especially missed eating breakfast in the atrium !! The breakfast room they had us in was very dark and depressing with no views or windows to look out !!

Staff were extremely helpful !! :) Breakfast was good. Room was good and bed was very comfortable as always :)

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Apart from renovations very enjoyable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They were doing renovations noisy in afternoon.Elevator on our side closed for renovation on Monday and Tuesday had to go to the opposite end to use elevator.Weddings both Friday and Saturday so noisy in suite area but bedroom fine.

Very comfortable,staff extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Embassy suites is the place for the King and the Queen
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A couple of the staff members had a attitude problem. They need to treat the customer better.

This is a first class Hotel. The beds are very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Great buffet staff!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk is always poor experience. Been staying for years due to location and they all act like they hate being there. Not pleasant on the phone nor in person

Great buffet staff!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Paid WiFi these days? Makes customers very unhappy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paid WiFi these days? Makes customers very unhappy. Hotel is under renovation these days, so double-check if you should expect noise and other maintenance-related mess.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nice, convenient, would do it again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel was under renovations, major renovations! I thought the price could have been reduced quite a bit as this was somewhat of a disappointment. However, the room was fantastic itself.

Bed and pillows were light and fluffy, could have stayed in the room comfortably the entire time.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

We will be back!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The spa was not working and that was disappointing!

The pool was great! The breakfast was good!

Wonderful

More handicapped parking...

Amazing mini Vacay!

Everything!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Good... would stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I requested non smoking room but my room smelled like a smoking room still.

Spacious rooms, centrally located, very clean, lots of amenities.

Location, food, and service
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

That everything costed. I paid a lot for the rooms and then had to pay for the same show over and over again

Location, food, and service

Very convenient location.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very convenient location. Large, clean and comfortable rooms. Good quality breakfast.

Nice I would definitely book here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nice I would definitely book here again.

The beds are very confortable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was not impressed with the free snack provided at happy hour

The beds are very confortable

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The reatrooms in the gym somehow were locked and not...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The reatrooms in the gym somehow were locked and not available in the evening.

Overall good experience.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sofa bed was not comfortable.

Overall good experience. Great location!!! breakfast was good.

I recommend Embassy Suites Brea and would stay there again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Every encounter with the staff was EXCEPTIONAL.

Here for graduation. Room was really nice.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Balcony, no chairs out there

The room was really nice. Parking underground kept the car cool on hot days which is nice.

Great stay in Brea
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A little aged. Elevator issues. Room showed some wear and tear.

Staff great. Location great. Breakfast great.

Enjoy the breakfast.

Only one elevator operating

Enjoy the breakfast. Beds are very comfortable

Had to pay $3.

Had to pay $3.50 for each water bottle

• Non-Smoking King Special Suite

Very clean and great hospitality.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Nothing was good all around.

Very clean and great hospitality. Breakfast was great and so was the room

Great, rooms had plenty of room
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Smelled like paint, i guess the hallsway had recently been painted.

Location is next to the mall, and a lot of restaurants.

Coffee maker

Location is next to the mall, and a lot of restaurants.

Staycation
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was great, took care of everything.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Gym can use a little more equipment.

Chambermaids are fast, polite and probably the most welcoming staff we've ever met.

Happy hour & room service was great.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Happy hour & room service was great.

Good
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bar area service should be more friendly

Everth

perfect

not one thing

loved the happy hour reception, the open courtyard for gathering

Satisfied
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean, comfortable, and close by to a lot of stores and restaurants. There was also an open reception bar in the evening.

It was very clean, bed was very comfortable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can't think of anything I didn't like about this property.

It was very clean, bed was very comfortable. Nice stay, would stay here again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great hotel next to nice Mall. Lots of restaurants nearby. We love Embassy Suites

Toilet got clogged

Suite rooms are good size. Fast elevators. Location. Amenities

It was ok... hotel location is great... rest is below average.
    • King Suite with Mountain View

House keeping is slow.... Had to call couple of time at front desk and finally talk to a manager and complain to get my room cleaned.

water closet not working, washing machine and dryer awful