Reviews of Embassy Suites Charleston 3 stars

300 Court Street, Charleston, WV 25301, USA

#10 of 19 hotels in Charleston

Excellent choice!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only complaint is parking was a mess....had to pay an extra $15.00 to park over night.

I loved the hotel! Very clean, great breakfast! Very nice rooms!

Great rooms, lovely hotel maybe understaffed or undertrained.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They double charged for everything and not even the same amounts. Huge hassle

The room service was good but it took 30 min for someone to answer just to place an order. Rooms are lovely.

The breakfast was great. The rooms & staff not so much. Not worth the price. 5/10.
    • Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

The room wasn't as clean as it should have been. It looked like they didn't vacuum. And we didn't know we had to pay $15 extra, on top of the $165 for the room, to park! And the staff at check in was friendly but did not give us our room number at first. Didn't write it down so we had to tote two kids all the way back up to the front just to get it. Plus they kept charging our credit card different amounts then putting the money back in our account and charging it again. All sorts of weird charges.

When we checked in they didn't even tell us our room number & then we found out we had to pay $15 extra dollars for parking! The room wasn't as clean a we thought it would be. There was stuff all over the carpet from the previous occupant(s). Nail clippings & just gross stuff. I thought for the price & since it was embassy suites it should have been a lot nicer. The best thing would have been the breakfast. They had lots to choose from, good coffee & a chef to prepare you fresh eggs, omlettes & pancakes. I would give this hotel a 5/10.

The managers special free appetizers and drinks, buffet...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were not comfortable, the pillows need to be replaced (very flat), on one of our beds, the sheets and pillow cases were dirty with want seemed to be mascara from a lady’s makeup from the stay before. There was a piece of baseboard with nails in it that laid in the floor for 2 days in the hallway near the elevator. Our remote for one of our TV’s didn’t work. This location definitely needs some updating.

The managers special free appetizers and drinks, buffet breakfast, and convenience to local restaurant were nice.

Location, staff, restaurant, bar, breakfast,...

Parking is not attached and it costs $13. Also the curtains in the living room and the bedroom were so dirty with nasty stains and gunk. The back of the shower curtain was also dirty (complete with a dried booger). I bought a $18 movie in the living room because there was nothing to watch. However when I moved into the bedroom the on-demand did not work so I couldn’t even watch it.

Location, staff, restaurant, bar, breakfast, snacks/supplies available for purchase, shuttle provided

While comfortable, The price just wasn’t worth the level of cleanliness in the room.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It wasn’t clean. There was an inch of dust on the TV, and the cable and remote didn’t work. I had to plug it in and mess with it for ten minutes to get it to work. I slept on the pull out bed and there was a lot of gross things under the couch. Tons of chip crumbs, layers of dust... the same was found in the backboards and near headboards of the beds. Random DVD and pieces of paper. The drinking glasses in the room had fingerprints on them. When I stepped out of the shower in the morning, there was writing on the mirror that showed through the steam which read “Your mom is a whore.” I laughed at it and thought it was hilarious, but clearly, the mirror wasn’t whiped down or cleaned. The same was of the mirror in the bedroom and windows....fingerprints and full handprints everywhere. The edge of the entire room had dust and I could clearly see where the vacuum line.

Great continental breakfast. The room was spacious and comfortable. Amazing view and very comfy beds. I appreciated that the parking was included even though we couldn’t park closer.

Mixed feelings
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast closed down by 9am. Most hotels run till 10/1030. "Complimentary drinks" were essentially Bud Light. Asked the bartender how late the bar would be open....was told 12am. Arrived back to Hotel at 10:45 and tried to enter bar to find the same bartender locking the door and closing down as we approached the glass door.

Beautiful property. Floor staff was very friendly. Was offered shuttle service although we did not use it....was nice to have the option.

We have stayed at this location four times in the last two months and have been very satisifed.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The handicap shower in room needs reconstruction. Water leaks out when running water. The bathroom was not inspected adequately as left overs from a previous guest were left in the bathroom cabinet drawer.

Breakfast was great. Evening reception was wonderful. Times for check in and out were good. Location in Charleston was great.

Unpleasant stay considering the price for west Va
    • Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

Checked in with a rude agent and our room was not cleaned after asking for it to be and no towels! Lights were shot in three lamps!

Happy hour big corner suite, breakfast

We had a great stay and would definitely return.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We only had three bath towels in our room and had to request more. We also had no toilet paper other than what was on the role and had to request more of that as well. Both were brought to our room promptly. Some of the food at breakfast was cold but there was a good variety.

Location is perfect. The property is very nice. We enjoyed the snacks and breakfast that were included. It was family-friendly. Staff were friendly.

Enjoyed our stay and would reuturn
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have a view to look at through the room window. The pack n play I asked for had dried up vomit in it. They staff immediately replaced it with a new one and apologized.

The breakfast was great. The hotel was very close to shopping centers and restaurants.

Breakfast was amazing!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was way small and over crowded. Onlyb4 towels in our room that slept 6.

Breakfast was amazing! Bed were great too. Kids loved glass elevators, and room service

I would definitely recommend this and also book to stay again
    • Premium Double Suite

The pool was over run with kids and the whole area was pretty dirty

I was very happy with the hotel...they even took us to the event we came to see ....breakfast was really good

I absolutely loved the hotel, I loved the view. It was beautiful, the staff was extremely nice.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a few downfalls, the sheet had a stain in it. I covered it up, the sofa that pulled out had crumbs in the bed. Everything is else was excellent! The snack food was EXTREMELY expensive, drinks were 2.00 a very small bag of chips were 3.00. I

I loved the view, it was beautiful. Very clean, comfy beds, amazing toiletries the shampoo and conditioner wasn’t cheap & stinky. Lol

Not as stressfree as I would have hoped
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were so many kids at the hotel. We couldn't even enjoy he pool at one point I counted 37 kids in the pool alone not CPU ting the overfilled hot tub ones running around.

Fresh made omlets were amazing

Excellent hospitality and service!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like was that overnight parking was $13 per night.

Excellent hospitality and service! Would definitely stay again! Couldn’t be anymore happier with our room and the breakfast

Will stay there again because it’s across the street from my work
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I went to check in and was told that the room was going to cost me more than what I actually booked it for. Had issues with the date it was booked for, got that fixed & was told that I still did not have a room for that night... it was a complete mess. Also, I’ve never stayed at a hotel where you paid for everything ( parking, wifi, shampoos, soap)

It was a warm bed, on a snowy night after a very long work day.

Room size;
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The snacks provided at manager’s reception were the same the last two visits — some changes would be nice. This is not a complaint — just a suggestion. Really no complaints, and I have high expectations. Okay — one small complaint. — internet service was slow.

Room size; pool and spa; beds were very comfortable and sheets very crisp; the breakfast had excellent selections and made to order omelets were superior!

Misled with parking and WiFi - dated hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was $13- I did not see that on booking.com and it was in a garage across the street. The beds were hard and bedding was rough. Rooms were very dated. Couch was extremely uncomfortable. The pool was not cleaned up. Wet towels thrown everywhere from the night before. Not one clean towel for our family for a morning swim. Definitely will not stay here again and was very disappointed in the Embassy Suite brand I have enjoyed elsewhere. Very dated hotel.

The breakfast staff did a great job with working the buffet an clearing tables etc.

We always enjoy the breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were double charged for our room. They charged the cards we had on file, after telling me only one would be charged. The money was pulled from two of my accounts and isn't coming back in for 4-7 days. The guy on the phone was rude about it and told me to call my bank to try and cancel the charges. I am very unhappy about this. Pretty ridiculous.

We always enjoy the breakfast. They did tell us the wrong times for breakfast, so we missed it this time.

Good choice for why we were in Charleston. Great location right next to the mall.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One of your employees slid me his number, which made me uncomfortable. I felt that was inappropriate.

The location was perfect for us. Loved cocktail hour and buffet breakfast.

I booked the room for one price and then I got changed a lot...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I booked the room for one price and then I got changed a lot more than what I booked the room for from booking.com and the Hotel said it was booking.com that charged my credit card they can't look at the chargers because I booked thru a third party, I don't think I will be using booking.com any more.

Wasn’t a bad stay but don’t plan to be back for leisure.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

First room was very strong with smoke smell. The room we were switched to wasn’t quite as cleaned as it had been years ago when I stayed for training at work.

The omelets were really good at breakfast.

Pool area was full of unsupervised children.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool area was full of unsupervised children. Maybe 2 adults to 25 early teenaged children. You could not relax because of the running and screaming. I did not feel safe for my 6 year old to get in the pool or stand near it because of the horseplaying. Security came in and talked to one adult that I assume said they were supervising them and then left. The behavior did not stop. Hot tub was filled with teens and children extremely over capacity.

Great place to stay as we passed through Charleston from Florida on our way home to Western New York.
    • Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

Comfortable, clean and the price was right. We arrived very late like 2am so we only interacted with the front desk clerk who was very nice. The free breakfast was delicious, as always. The buffet area was very clean.

Great room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wasn't too crazy about offering at nightly reception...stayed at others in the past and selection was awesome

Great room..awesome location. Easy walk to restaurants and shopping.

Spacious room with ref and microwave, free breakfast and...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows too soft. The room we were in was not cool enough. Scary to go to Parking area (wide open to the 2 side streets), no security checks - encountered 2 guys asking for money. Sunday breakfast should also include "meats" on buffet table (instead of lining up for custom orders). Hilton Honors members should be provided free parking or discounted parking. At night, it takes too long for front desk staff to answer phone calls.

Spacious room with ref and microwave, free breakfast and afternoon snacks.

Our stay was great and we will be back soon.

NA

My daughter was happy we picked Embassy for a mini relax birthday weekend swim and room service. Clean and very home like. Staff very friendly. Overall zero to complaint about. Loved having the mall across the street too. Very happy. Thank you!

Charleston wv stay
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking wasn't free for guest of the hotel and I thought it was a little pricey.

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The room was beautiful and very clean. We really enjoyed the pool and the breakfast bar/omelet station.

It was awful!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff at this particular location has ruined our view of embassy suites, we will never stay at a Hilton location again, which is a shame. We were on our honeymoon when we stayed at this location. When we pulled up, it was late, around 10:00 PM and there was no where to park. We pulled up as close to the door, however, no one came out to assist us, even when we saw the front lobby has several workers standing around, including a security guard. I struggled opening the door with all of our luggage, again no one assisted. My husband came into the lobby and told the security guard that the cars were actually parked and not just dropping luggage off, as it was a drop of zone only. The security guard looked outside, then walked over to the "Night Manager" and started complaining about my husband, as I was standing there! As I started to defend my husband and the struggle we had pulling into the drop zone and unloading, he cut me off mid sentence and said "go out side and check for your self, the cars are gone now". I was completely offended! As the night manager stood there and did nothing, I asked for a refund, as I would not stay in a place that treated others that way. He refused and laughed! My husband and I had no other choice then to stay here. In the morning we tried to talk to the head manager, however, he stepped out, even after I called from our room to the front desk and they said he was in his office. Olga, the manager at the desk was already arguing with another guest, insisting he choose the wrong tour and it did not reflect on the hotel. Even after the other customer politely walked away from Olga, she stormed away from us and started to argue with the gentlemen again. My husband and I were appalled at this point. I asked Olga for corporates number and she said it's 1.800.Hiltons. I asked her if she could write the number down and just repeated her self and then finally wrote it down.

I was very very disappointed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Toilet tank was cracked. Not enough towel bars. The one short towel bar kept falling out of its holder. The cold water faucet tap kept coming off where it screws on to its connection. No bath mat. Breakfast was poor quality. Fried potatoes with onions and peppers were not fried all the way so that the onions were still on the raw side. Pastries tasted like the kind that are wrapped in plastic, but they took off the plastic before serving. Could not plug in my phone next to the bed because no empty outlet. I qould have had to unplug the clock or the bedside lamp. Most hotels have lamps that have built in charging station at the lamp base. Even cheap hotel chains have that. Hallway carpeting was faded, had circular bleach spots, bumpy raised sections in the middle of the walkway, and long threads pulled out where two different types of carpet joined. I jad to pay for parking. The swimming pool area floor was dirty with wads of wet cotton in the shower area and workboot dirty footprints all over floor. Hardly any clean towels and the towels were small and scratchy. I mention all of these minute details because I had just stayed two nights at the Embassy Suites in Lexington, Kentucky, and they were superb!!! In fact, I decided to stay at the Charleston WV Embassy suites based on my Lexington visit.

The bed was fine.

Hotel feels like a trip back to the 90's be upfront about parking but good value for larger families
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't know that the hotel didn't offer free parking until time of check in. The hotel itself has extremely dated decor and well overdue for a freshening up. The breakfast was a bit lacking compared to other Embassy's we've stayed. My suggestion for the leadership that manages the Charleston, WV Embassy is to look at examples of Denver, Chattanooga, Orlando locations and follow that example. Based on those examples my expectations were set quite a bit higher.

Loved the evening reception and the beds were comfortable which generally one of the main reasons we choose to stay at the Embassy. The rooms were also fairly clean. Located near a mall and close to the freeway for easy access to 64.

Very pleased with our stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cool the swimming room. Very hot to sit and watch your kids swim.

Very convenient location,very clean, friendly staff. They had wonderful complimentary breakfast. Just over all good experience

IT WAS VERY CUTE
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

FOR $206 THE SHOWER REALLY NEEDED SOME UPKEEP DONE TO IT. THE CAULKING WAS MOLDY ALL OVER..

I LOVED THE LOOK OF THIS HOTEL AND THE STAFF AND BREAKFAST WAS WONDERFUL

Great stay overall.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too much chlorine in pool and loud with a birthday party.

Kids loved the elevator. They had a Friday night welcome reception that was great with wine, beer, nachos, cherry pie, etc. Very nice breakfast. Indoor pool had strong chlorine. Area around is fun and trendy (restaurants/shops). They had a Saturday am market that I was sorry to miss. Looked like it was going to be big.

Great place to stay. Would recommend
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking Arrangements. The front of the hotel seemed to have no real rules re parking or organisation. Cars everywhere. Probably trying to save the $13

The Friendly Staff. Four people I remember were very helpful. My thanks to them for making my stay more enjoyable. Gerry. Olga Michael and Mac. All went out of their way to help

Comfy room and good amenities
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The check in agent was stand-off ish and made very little eye contact. The staff clearing breakfast area and trays were polite but all business and not super friendly.

The breakfast was well set up and stocked well. The pool was warm. The king bed was really comfortable.

Unsafe horseplay in pool and Security witnessed it and didn't Stop it.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The unsafety of the pool. I voiced my concerns to security and they came in and witnessed the unsafe horseplay that a certain group of children was doing. They spoke with them and left out. The children continued the unsafe horseplaying . Security returned and witnessed them contiinue the same unsafe behavior and just ignored Myself and other parents was forced to leave the pool , for the love and safety of our children . These same group of children was running around through the hotel on elevators playing late night and early in the morning. You come out your room they running pass you and they continued to run and play on elevators. I am sure that you will get this complaint from others. I had to deal with this for 3 days. We did not enjoy our stay.

Nice large room.

parking cost.

Nice large room. Staff was very helpful. Ordered room service from downstairs and my sandwich was excellent. Close to where I needed to be for my appointment.

Would stay again!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking garage was a little ways away from the hotel. It was a little confusing on how to get to the hotel from the garage.

The breakfast area was big. Breakfast had a lot of choices!

Great place to stay

No complementary toothpaste

Room was clean and ready for us when we arrived. We didn't have any complaints while staying even with 4 kids. The breakfast buffet was awesome! Not your typical hotel breakfast.

Nice place to just get away and have a leisurely weekend with your husband.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The Embassy suites Charleston West Virginia was the only hotel that charged for parking in the area.

We walked to capital market and enjoyed that walk along with the scenic historic district. What didn't you

Nice hotel! Great breakfast! 💚'D evening reception ... Roomy rooms!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were nice but could use some updating.... And the floors vacuumed and swept a little better Beds were comfortable but I've slept on nicer hotel mattresses

The rooms were a good size! Very nice atrium! Breakfast was great! Just long wait for omelettes...scramble eggs were runny. Evening reception was nice! Great drinks!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

It's convenient to everything in town, but it's...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Near bad part of town, bathroom was dirty

It's convenient to everything in town, but it's across the bad part do time which made me nervous at night, It was my anniversary weekend and had asked for something special for our room. Nothing was done. Was a little disappointed

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Excellent full hot breakfast, with lots of choices on buffet...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Excellent full hot breakfast, with lots of choices on buffet which was continually refreshed even toward end of meal period. Very nice Giovanni toiletries. Desk clerks and managers were all very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

RENOVATE THE EMBASSY SUITE IN CHARLESTON, WV
    • Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

They need to update the suites with new sofas. They're hard and lumpy. Actually the rooms need to be renovated and updated. New chefs were not friendly. The omelettes and pancakes (50 cent size) weren't as fluffy as they usually are.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Nice room, weak staff
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of issues checking in family. Hotel seems to have problems when reservations are made via a web site. They used that as a reason for some of their errors.

Having a suite instead of just a room.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Short stay but enjoyed our time.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Had no problems or complaints during my 8 year olds birthday party and they partied ALL NIGHT. Very happy and successful birthday LOL

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Good made to order free breakfast, the center atrium area is...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower was preposterous in that the water almost certainly would get out onto the bathroom floor, the parking garage is not connected to the hotel and is awkward to access and makes unloading a ton of luggage with a kid way more difficult than it should be after driving several hours, the couch in the room was of severely low quality

Good made to order free breakfast, the center atrium area is nice, fun elevator for the kid

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Beautiful Anniversay Stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish there could be a recliner. I know no hotels have them, but it would be so nice to have a really comfortable way to sit with your feet up & watch tv without being in bed.

Loved the atmosphere in the atrium, and the temperature in the room was perfect-- nice & cool! The location is perfect--across the street from the mall. Having a separate sitting room with a table is perfect. Very clean & great bathroom. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Hidden fees with good service
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

For the price that we were paying- I was not expecting to have to pay extra for things like parking and Wi-Fi.

Morning staff was a bit more friendly than evening staff. The continental breakfast was good, they were very accommodating about my dairy allergy. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. I would definitely stay again

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Typical American normal property...
    • Two Double Mobility Access w/ Roll-In Shower - Non Smoking

I could have been allowed to smoke in the room; the air-conditioning in the building was frigid. I turned off the AC in the room and it was still an ice box. No outside balcony. for what I needed, far too expensive. In Europe this room would have been half this price.

It was close to the airport. The shuttle took me anywhere I wanted to go.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Worth the Cost
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I really liked that included with the price of the stay was a complementary cocktail mixer and buffet breakfast. In addition to the location and comfort of the room, those little extras made the cost worthwhile to me. Speaking of cost, for what you got - a suite, breakfast, mixer - it is more than comparable to other hotels in the area that charge just as much for less.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

First and Last Stay
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking situation is extremely poor. Not enough spaces on site, have to park 100yds down the street and walk back to property PLUS you get to PAY for that privilege. Ate breakfast on site twice. Both mornings pancakes ran out long before bkfast ended. Second morning veggies for omlets also ran out. Website advertises wifi access, which is available, but unless you are a member of the Hilton Club, you have to pay for it. We are in Charleston 3-4 times/year. This is first and last time we will stay here.

very good

the elevator is to slow

the suites

Outstanding Staff Support!
    • King Corner Suite - Non Smoking

The staff literally bent over backwards to ensure our special romantic night was successful. Thank you!

Really went downhill

Dirty. Disgusting

Not enough car parking provided.

Not enough car parking provided. Having to pay extra for parking. No bottle drinking water in room.

BAD
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access with Bathtub - Non Smoking

Advertise what you have and can provide

Parking fee was not included in the advertisement.

Enjoyable stay in beautiful West Virginia.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A $135 room should come with free parking.

The amenities and quietness

We was happy other then the pool been closed for the kids.

The pool was closed

The room

Not worth the money
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was not free and pool was not supervised at all could not enjoy any of it due to unsupervised children

Locatiok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My air didn't work properly in my room

Locatiok

Would have liked to have exhaust fan in bathroom.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have liked to have exhaust fan in bathroom.

Might be time for an update, the decorating is an older...
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access with Bathtub - Non Smoking

Might be time for an update, the decorating is an older style. But everything was spotless.

Pool small rates a little high

Pool small rates a little high

It was, overall, a good stop on our vacation that was close to the interstate.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool area smelled overwhelmingly of chlorine and bleach.

I appreciated the fitness room and the location of the hotel.

It was a safe, comfortable, and very clean stay I would definitely book again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Weird shower set up in the rooms

The gym was great. Breakfast was well presented. Lobby was very comfortable.

The room was dirty and smelled like

Room was dirty

The room was dirty and smelled like Mildew!

Happy hour and breakfast buffet !
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Happy hour and breakfast buffet !!! Excellent !!

Rooms are clean.
    • Premium King Suite

Rooms are clean. Complimentary breakfast, evening drinks and snacks

Parking rates

• Queen Suite - Disability Access with Bathtub - Non Smoking

Queen bed felt like a full size bed

Kid friendly very clean

Kid friendly very clean

The rooms have a separate living room area from the bedroom...

Parking was $13.00.

The rooms have a separate living room area from the bedroom area.