Reviews of Embassy Suites Charlotte 3 stars

4800 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28217, USA

#75 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

• Non Smoking Two Room Conference Suite

It’s summer time and we are traveling for vacation so what an inconvenience it was for the children to have the pool closed for maintenance on a Saturday. Our children and multiple children at the hotel waited until 7pm to swim. We only booked this hotel to enjoy the amenities for one of our little ones birthday. So this was very disappointing. The staff did not seem to know much and became aggravated by the children waiting in the lobby area for the pool to reopen after being instructed different opening times. However on the bright side once the pool opened the kids did enjoy it but missed out on the other activities we had planned because of a pushed back schedule. In all it was not worth a $200 room without the amenities.

The spacious room and great breakfast.

• King Suite with Tub - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

I had a staff member enter my room without knocking at 9:30pm - I had traveled early that day and was forced to wake up as a result. I really ;like the location of this hotel. In the past it has been acceptable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood. The hotel itself was very nice.

The restaurant was great inside the hotel. The neighborhood was a little run down and not much in walking distance. It was nice to have the shuttle to the airport and Billy Graham library. I came from another embassy suites location and the updates and staff where much better at this location!

Liked everything.

The front desk was very helpful when I needed to go to Urgent Care. Enjoyed the reception and dinner at the restaurant. Great wait staff at restaurant.

• King Corner Suite

Only that it is non smoking. Everything else was great.

I liked the breakfast and the manager evening reception. The rooms were super clean and bed was extremely soft.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was texted by one of your managers asking how my stay was and I explained, that I had encountered with two employees that were absolutely rude. Actually acted like they were doing me a favor to answer a couple of questions. I also commended one of the front desk employees on Excellent customer service as well. And while she text me back and said she was sorry that was the end of it then she text and asked me to rate the facility I found that very odd she did not address my concerns but wanted me to rate the facility.

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

There is no hot tub. Could have been nice. I saw many people coming in the pool area to find a hot tub. The pillows are a tad too big. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere if you're without a car. Goole maps said there was a grocery store (super fresh) 2k away, walked there, non existent.

Amazing breakfast! Very clean. Great staff.

• King Suite with Tub - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

My a.c. didn't work very well so it felt stuffy. And the room next to me was a little loud. Need better sound proof.

I liked the friendly staff, the cocktail hour I've never seen that before.

• Premium Corner King Suite

The shower inside the bathroom was a bit small and the water pressure was not very strong at least for my liking. The chair in the living room area was also tiny for someone of an average size I thought. The so called headboard in our room was made of wood and I didn't like it. Even though the pillows on the bed were comfortable they didn't help much when propping up to watch tv or read.

I liked the Happy Hour for all guests each night from 530 pm - 730 pm that offered free drinks and light refreshments. The breakfast was great I liked the hot bar where you could get fresh made to order eggs and omelets daily during breakfast hours. The pillows on the bed were very comfortable I slept well on them. The staff were very helpful and nice. The front desk staff Michelle was awesome and very friendly during check-in.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I hate they change the waterfall setup but I'm still satisfy with the hotel but me an my family loved that setup...

I like the way the rooms are an the inside pool an the breakfast an Happy hour!! I basically like everything about this hotel!! Very clean an friendly staff!!

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I loved everything the food was great. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was amazing very beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness and customer service.

Customer service was horrible. There was a big stain on the bedroom carpet near the bed. Could not be avoided. Staff said the stain would be cleaned "right away." Stain was never cleaned. When this was discussed with a manager, the issue was never resolved. The frig froze all food items. The room had a very bad odor. When asked night manager for a later check out due to bussiness needs, she stated that since we booked through a third party vendor, a late check out was not possible.

• King Corner Suite

I only had a concern about the complimentary card being marked off twice when I ordered 3 non alcoholic beverages for myself and kids. I thought the non alcohol was free during that time. My spouse was going to use the card for alcoholic beverages. If I had known non alcoholic had a fee we would have brought down our own drink.

Managers light refreshments were nice.

• King Corner Suite

There was nothing that I did not like. The entire experience was wonderful

The room was very spacious and accommodated the four of us comfortably. The breakfast was very delicious and hit the spot. The staff was very friendly and our driver kept great company as she took us out.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The bathroom was dirty. The tiles were broken in shower and shower head less than desirable. The bed and pillows were not comfortable.

The all inside rooms made you feel safe.

• Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This was he worst hotel, u ever stayed at, the staff was very rude , also the beds were very nasty, it looked like blood stains on the beds, they would not refund my money, it was the worst embassy suites I ever stayed at

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Guest next door blasted their music most of the night and it resonated throughout my room. Had to play music in my room louder than preferred just to drown out theirs

Friendly staff, clean facility, beautiful decor

• King Corner Suite

My heat was not working in my room and it was 58 degrees in the room, after multiple complaints maintenance still was unable to fix the problem and we stayed in a very cold room all night

Breakfast was great, location was awesome

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A few hours after I checked in I left to go run an errand and came back in an hour and was unable to get into the hotel side entrance from the parking lot or back into my room with my room key so I went to the front desk and was told that I was checked out. I explained to them that I had just checked in a few hours prior. I was then given the run around but eventually let back into my room after about 20 minutes of going back and forth with the front desk. Upon checkout I was given a receipt with someone else's name, address, and last numbers of their credit card who actually stayed Friday through Sunday when I only stayed one night. I'm very disappointed and expected so much more of this Hotels business practices. I was never asked for ID when I checked in or out but gave my name at check in and check out yet still was given someone else's receipt with their personal information on it

The hotel itself was very nice

• King Corner Suite

Access to building through side doors don't always accept key card access and hotel convenience store prices are high

Excellent breakfast and manager free happy hour

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I couldn't check in at the desk, I was asked to do it online. It was not a huge deal and the staff was very nice about it.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were booked in for a King suite and instead of the rep letting us know there weren’t any more avalibe he let us go up to the room to find out ourselves it wasn’t the room we booked in for. We had to go all the way back downstairs for them to switch us to another room that still wasn’t what we paid for.

Room was nice and clean. Very comfortable bed.

• King Corner Suite

Room service AND bar/restaurant in hotel, is only available/open from 5pm to 11pm. You cannot order food or drinks any other time of day.

Beautifully remodeled hotel. Loved the free drinks and snacks every evening for happy hour.

• Non Smoking Two Room Conference Suite

Had to call maintenance twice. For stopped up shower and toilet. However maintenance came in a timely manner.

Room was clean, breakfast was delicious. Overall experience was great.

It was New Years Eve and the bar closed at 11 pm

There is a very clean modern look to the entire hotel. The atrium area has a nice bar and a variety of comfortable sitting areas. We ordered a few appetizers and the food was great. The room was really nice, the bed was very comfortable and the shower had excellent water pressure. I would definitely stay here again. We slept in and did not get to try the free breakfast the next day.

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No hot tub as advertised

On booking.com it showed this hotel to have a hot tub (which was a major factor in my choice) and it did not. The desk man told me they had not had one in over a year.

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

One elevator was acting up. If looking at the three from the front where you enter them.... it's the one on the far right.

Stayed at the hotel for a football game. At the reception, many other football fans donned in nfl team gear mingled and had drinks. The receptions (we stayed 4 evenings) were very nice and the lobby felt festive with Christmas decor. The hotel staff replenished the appetizers frequently and the hotel was nicely hospitable with beverages. I found the entire hotel to be very clean and very updated in decor.

Rough neighborhood

Great breakfast buffet and cook to order omelette line. Evening reception every night with free drinks and snacks. Amazing staff. Big Comfortable room. Worth the price.

• Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Don't bother getting dinner at the Embassy. The first night I ordered the rosemary short ribs - there was way too much seasoning on the meat & vegetables. The second night I have a burger and fries which was ok; but how can you mess up a burger? The wifi was VERY unstable, pretty much unusable.

Breakfast is included in the price as well as parking and WIFI; both are nice add-ons - but for the price paid I would expect that. The room was comfortable, and temperature control was acceptable. From what I could tell, the place is clean. The breakfast attendants were the most attentive, very personable - great way to start the day!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was not a thing we didn't like.

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. The staff was polite and professional and always helpful. Compared to other hotels on our trip this was beyond perfect!

• Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The thermostat was hard to adjust and set so we would be freezing at night and too hot during the day.

the location was good and we felt safe there. The breakfast was dynamic and the staff was great. The snacks provided in the room was a pleasant surprise.

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The food servers were very very rude. They did no work. Stood there and stared at you when you ate.This was very annoying!.... The cook was very nice. However the servers were HORRIBLE.....

The hotel and location near everything!!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were not enough bath clothes in the room. I called they never bought them to the room. The breakfast was awful. My sink leaked. Parking was terrible. At the reception the way they had the snacks set out kids were just digging in it. Only 2 elevators were working and had to wait 3-5 minutes for them.I would not stsy there again. I love Hilton Embassy Suittes brand but not this one.There were over 20 family members staying there we all agree never to go to that one again.

The style was nice.

• King Suite with Tub - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Nothing was below par. We love the remodeling. We have not been to this Embassy Suites in several years and we noticed right away that things had been updated.

WE honestly were disappointed that the Omaha Steak was gone, but the new little restaurant had one of the best shrimp and grits I have ever had!!!!

• Non Smoking Two Room Conference Suite

We never could get the Wi-Fi to connect.

Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was very good. Definitely will stay there again when we return to Charlotte.

• Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Their inability to evict people unable to act accordingly on their property in a timely fashion before disturbing their sleeping guest during night time hours.

People were arguing at 2 o clock in the morning and when I asked them to be quite and my children were sleeping they came to my door yelling at me. A security guard came but he seemed to timid for his job position and once I called the front desk they finally decided to call authorities and than for an hour more they beat on the door loudly and there was more yelling. I got no sleep and my drive back home was hard due to my sleepiness. I will never stay there again and would not recommend this place to anyone. The room size for a premium two bedroom suite was the size of any other room and it was entirely over priced. The Embassy Suite hotel on asylum street in Charlotte NC is way better and a lower price. I put this hotel at the bottom of my list of all Embassy Suites that I ever stayed at.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They advertised a hot tub and that was actually the deciding factor for choosing this hotel. When we got there the hot tub had been filled in with cement. Not pleased. Bathroom finishes were nice, but the plumbing seemed old.

The breakfast was impressive, rooms spacious, and beds were comfortable. Complimentary drinks were also appreciated.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• King Suite with Tub - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

There was a little bit of maintenance going on with the hotel. Not sure if they're adding sauna and jacuzzi but on their information it said there was and there wasn't which kinda sucked but it wasn't a big deal. Our shower was clogged but once reported it stopped.

The bed was comfortable and easy to deal with staff

• King Suite with Tub - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

The floor in our room around the bar sink was sticky.

Loved the layout, decor, check in process, spacious rooms. The free breakfast was delicious, and really enjoyed the cocktail hour as well.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I based my choice on getting to use the hot tub and then it wasn't even working or open...also undergoing a lot of construction...I should NOT have been charged so much...

Location and staff were great

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• King Corner Suite

Will be nice when renovation is complete.

Best breakfast buffett I've had in a hotel. Still under renovation so they were more than accommodating for the inconvenience by having free cocktails and delicious snacks in the evening. Excellent room accommodations!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

See above.

Remodeling this location. No made to Order breakfast. Only buffet. Still have happy hour. Rooms were newly remodeled but now everything has BLINDING lighting, maybe LED. Not pleasant. Our toilet had a wrong sized tank cover on it. Generally, an unimpressive stay. Glad it was for only one night.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

This was the worst experiences by far! I'm use to going to Embassy Suites and having the best stay ever, but not this time! The breakfast bar food was cold, I was told that nothing is cooked to order on weekends! The food sever was not friendly at all! The bed was uncomfortable! Then there was two men that started fighting in the lobby as me and my son was walking outside to get some fresh air! I told the one of the front desk gentlemen that I was a Hilton Honors Member and he told me Oh well you book your room thru a third party, so your Hilton Honors Membership can not be honored at this time! Was going to stay another night but I decided to take my money else where

The room was nice! The staff and the lobby was very friend upon my arriver!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

They were in the middle of a renovation in the courtyard so it was really loud during the day. We should have been notified of the renovation so we could de ode wether we wanted to stay or offered a discount.

The bed was comfortable and the room clean

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• King Suite - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The property is under construction so therefore the price should be lower. The usual atmosphere and ambiance that I usually enjoy about the Embassy disappointing when I walked in. Very disappointing for the money spent.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like that my room was being cleaned before my check out time at 12 o'clock. I went back up to my room to before leaving for a business meeting and the housekeeping personnel was throwing away things I had in my refrigerator and poured out my cup of water, etc. I had removed my luggage from the room but left a few personal belongings to get after breakfast. Some items were already thrown away when I returned to my room before my check out time.

During my stay at the hotel there was renovation going on but the hotel room comfort and stay was not effected.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact they don't tell you that your are billed an extra $100.00 for damage control until after you get there.

The staff was Great!! The breakfast was awesome and I would recommend anyone to stay there.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didnt like that it was under restuction makeing loud nose and the housekeeper clean the room and didnt touch the bed

Yes the eggs was great and the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Suite with Tub - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

A drink was charged at the bar using our room number. I explained to the front desk agent "if we didn't take advantage of the complimentary drinks, why would we pay for drinks". And she act as though I was lying.

We enjoy the location that is why we pick this specific hotel

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• King Suite with Tub - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Someone on our floor was smoking marijuana and it smelled up our whole room. I was very concerned because I had my one year old and two year old traveling with me and my wife. My wife called down to the front desk and they said someone would handle it. But it was very difficult to sleep with that smell trapped in our room. The smell finally became bearable around 3:30 in the morning. I don't think the hotel did a good job with handling this problem and they said they could not switch our room. Also, there was a lot of construction going on in the hotel and outside which made it difficult to find parking and left shoes muddy.

Size of the suite was very comfortable, the room itself was very modern. The bed was super comfy

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Could have told me hotel was under MAJOR construction. The place was a disaster. Couldnt do anything outside the room.

The room was clean and the omlets were great.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Non Smoking Two Room Conference Suite

The place was a building site - nobody had warned us of this during the booking or prior to our check in. My wife is an early riser who likes to get up, grab a paper, a coffee and a seat in the atrium while the rest of us sleep. But there was no atrium. We didn't get a bill under the door and didn't want to join the long checkout queue so I hope someone corrects the $345 charge on my credit card for one night and a pretty basic restaurant meal soon. Considering the prices in the restaurant ($17 for a very nice pork chop, $30 for a steak), a cloth napkin would be appreciated or at least a decent paper one. And tune the TVs to something other than Fox "News". I would have liked to send these comments to Hilton directly rather than publicly but there doesn't seem to be any way to contact them through their website.

Terrific room - large 2 room suite with bags of room for our son to spread out with privacy. Front desk staff and the shuttle driver, Dallas, are brilliant. Good but pricey restaurant food.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• King Corner Suite

The facility was being renovated and was in rough shape. The breakfast was terrible. Everything tasted like it had been sitting out for hours yet I ate there only 15 mins after they opened.

The room itself was very nice and newly renovated.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• King Corner Suite

no one said the hotel was under construction at the time of booking - should have been reduction in rates during this time

closeness to the airport rooms were excellent as always

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't know the facility was being renovated so the view wasn't that appealing, but im sure it will be beautiful when it's done.

Breakfast and evening reception was great. I also loved the indoor pool!

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Cant fault the hotel for nothing! It is what it says on the tin

Excellent breakfast buffet, rooms have everything you need, everything was spotless, good gym facilitates & loved the offer of a free drink in the evening.

Stayed in May 2016

Na

The hotel was beautiful nice and clean I really enjoyed my stay

Na

The hotel was beautiful nice and clean I really enjoyed my stay

Nothing it was fabulous

It was phenomenal

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was so far away from the elevator and and up too high on the floor

Food great as always. Very clean and wonderful staff

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Negative experience with staff while checking in; loud common area all night.

Room size, indoor pool, breakfast, great bar staff

• King Corner Suite

I enjoyed everything, the breakfast was delicious, the atmosphere was great, I just had a grand time.!

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A lot of the staff was rude and unfriendly

I love the reception hour and breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff very Friendly Tiarra very pleasant and helpful...I love the omlets...

• King Corner Suite

Kids within the hotel kept prank calling my room and running and playing outside my room door.

Breakfast is delicious.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty silverware was displayed for customer use on both of my stay days. several plates were also chipped.

N/a

Everything!

The room was musty

Clean

Price

Being in a very comfortable environment....

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The guest were horrible kids everywhere jumping on the furniture and tables!!!!

The staff was very nice

• Premium Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was first rate, room, breakfast, and personnel were friendly and helpfulnothing

• King Corner Suite

Everything about this motel is wonderful

• Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like smoke or someone had smoked in the room

Everything was great

The room, evening reception and breakfast.

Coffeee

The room and breakfast was great

Browse Embassy Suites Charlotte traveller photo gallery