Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard 3 stars

707 East Butterfield Road, Lombard, IL 60148, USA

#3 of 9 hotels in Lombard

Great.
    • King Suite

Parking was not the best. If you come in late, you will have to park in back. Not bad, just wanted to have the short walk. I had to ask for a receipt as I was leaving but it was quickly granted by the front desk staff.

breakfast was outstanding. the room was clean and the staff was friendly. The price was great for such a terrific place to stay. Presentation was terrific. Free internet was easily accessible and very fast. Terrific stay.

It was a good stay.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Security would not allow a few of my guests in after hours even though I had 2 rooms booked to accommodate them and that was an inconvenience. I had to come down to get them access.

The staff was courteous and friendly.

Our stay was a very pleasent experince.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Check-in was quick and easy, desk staff was friendly. We enjoyed our evening meal via room service. The food was tasty and arrived hot with a very nice server.

Every thing was great.
    • King Suite

Besides no gluten free options, during spring break, someone should be there to monitor pool activities/ behavior. Older teens in the pool with so much horseplay, that young kids were not safe to enjoy the pool.

Every thing was great. I was a little disappointed that there were no gluten free options like many other Embassy Suites ( gluten free muffins, bagels, bread or pancakes). Actually, first time I’ve stayed at Embassy when this wasn’t available.

stay as based on cost and value
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Rules for guests were not always followed. One night kids were kicked out of hot tub and another night the hot tub was full of kids and nothing was done. No gluten free choices at for evening snacks. staff at times appeared rude and short. Don't recall anyone acknowledging us with a smile or hello.

Location and rooms were comfortable

All in all, it's was alright.
    • King Suite

When I pulled out the sofa bed, the linens were not clean. It looks as if the last guest slept there, folded the bed up, and the linens were not changed. Not cool. I called and asked for new sheets and it was promptly brought upstairs. There is this light in the bathroom that was impossible to turn off, and the door didn't shut all the way. And the alarm clock light could not be turned off.

I always enjoy the free breakfast. My kids had a blast.

Weed smell, kids running around unsupervised, rude and loud guest
    • King Suite

a hotel full of unsupervised kids running around, adults hanging all in the hallways being rude and loud. the smell of weed smoke. My kids room was right next to ours and I had to walk them to room because of the grown men gawking at them. This was not what I was expecting for 400 plus dollars. I have been here before for several times and it was never like this. I will never return and make sure my friends and family won't either

the friendly staff

will never return
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

for what we paid for 2 suites i was not expecting a hotel full of children running around unattended or guess loud and hanging outside of there rooms, the smell of weed and older men eyeballing my daughters and being rude. I will not be returning and i will encourage my friends and family to not book at this hotel. My main concern is the safety of my children and they did not feel safe, our rooms were next door to each others and we had to walk them to it.

the room was clean the staff was friendly and helpful even the pool security

Good, but could have been excellent
    • King Suite

A/C not turned on for season and we happened to have some unseasonably warm days. Room became very warm and humid. Also, one morning there was no hot water for shower - inexcusable (there should be a backup of some kind).

Clean, well appointed, "nice place" -- but falls short of in attention to infrastructure.

it was overall great
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

the security at the pool was not very nice about the pool situation.

the food is always good, the facility is nice and clean the ambiance is nice but the pool closed due to someone putting a towel in there same thing happened on my last visit.

The one thing I didn't like is at the time of check in,...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The one thing I didn't like is at the time of check in, I wasn't aware that their was a charge to use the phones in the rooms, most hotels tell you that information during check in but everything worked out with that situation so I was happy in the end.

Never a complainer....
    • King Suite

It happened in the a.m. once we got up there was blood on the bottom of the sheets. The manager said it was fresh, but there was no blood on the next sheet. That's how we knew it didn't come from us. She never said sorry just straight we do this and that. It didn't come from me or my daughter. So I felt insulted by the whole situation.

For the most part, I enjoy coming to this location for relaxation.

I would book this location again, hopefully without the large family party!
    • King Suite

There was a family group that booked over a 100 rooms, they took over the hotel and had zero respect for staff, security and other guests. Very disappointing and very little sleep due to party and music noise, door slamming throughout the night. Not a great situation at a very nice hotel.

Accommodation were very nice, morning breakfast was great. Did not get a chance to join happy hour. However talking with other guest, they had good comments. The staff was great, it was a full house and they couldn't have done any better.

Room size was nice.
    • King Suite

The pool was disgusting! There was an obvious film along the top of the water, and scum on the edges of the pool!

Room size was nice. Beds were comfortable.

HORRIBLE
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

First off my room had a odor. I spoke with several managers several times before arriving to Confirm what could and couldn't happen for my momas 80th birthday dinner in the Stacks restaurant. Corrine assured me that we could be accommodated, and that the whip cream Birthday cake could be refrigerated, but that I would have to pay a $25.00 cake cutting fee, which I agreed to do. I reserved two tables that seat 8 people each. Some had to sit at the lower tables that were empty because they were handicapped. Upon arrival, I went to the restaurant to make sure everything was OK as far as seating. The bar tender was in a panic because she said she didn't know we were coming, and that the manager Corrine left her a note, but she was there alone and she didn't know if she could work the bar and wait tables by herself. I had to calm her down and reassure her that everything would be OK. Second time I was approached by this same bar tender was when I came down for happy hour. No guest nor family had arrived yet, but I was flagged down by her to be told that she had spoken to the chef, and he said we should have gotten a banquet facility for a dinner, even tho they are a restaurant...huuummm??... she said again that she didn't think we could be accommodated. The restaurant was completely empty except for a few sitting at the bar. Again, I had to calm her down, and I asked her what would she do if my moms dinner was out of the picture and the restaurant suddenly got packed? She said she would quit and walk out...Huuummmm? I told her that all arrangements were confirmed with management so this should not have been a surprise. It seems as though Corrine threw this young lady under the bus, and purposely did not schedule any additional help. As the dinner started and family started to arrive, when I came down from the room with my 80year old mother in tow, I was approached again by this bar tender and told that our cake had to be taken to the atrium area to be...

-NOTHING

Horrible stay this time, normally great.
    • King Suite

Kids running up and down hallways. People in front of our suite laughing and talking. No TV because of rain. No satellite phone wasn't working properly. Room wasn't clean upon arrival, hair still in bathroom, hair on pillow that why I always taken my own linen because of this. I will try someplace different from now on.

The breakfast and cocktails was great.

My stay was lovely, great atmosphere, awesome people, and their was plenty of restaurants near by,!
    • King Suite

I didnt like the fact that its a 4 star hotel but only had a few cable channels. Also I felt like the price wasnt reasonable to rent a movie.

I like the free breakfast and happy hour.!!!

The facility itself is VERY nice, breakfast was good and...
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

It was VERY loud with music till after 1:00 am on Saturday night. There was no shuttle to pick up at the bus station on Sunday night and no one told us, so we were there in the dark with dead phones trying to get an Uber.

The facility itself is VERY nice, breakfast was good and lots of choices. Nice reception in the evenings with drinks and snacks. Front desk was very helpful and nice!!

The room was great.
    • King Suite

Fire alarm went off mid morning interrupting sleep. Was a false alarm however it continued for several hours. Hotel was very busy.

The room was great. The bed was great. The room cancels out the noise in the hotel.

Rooms are very spacious, beds were comfortable.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The staff was rude when swimming hours were over. They could have been more polite. They are very strict on the hours for the breakfast and evening reception, to the degree of saying no one minute past. A little leeway, like 5 minutes even wouldn't hurt since the food was already out and made. The pool and hot tub were overly chlorinated.

Rooms are very spacious, beds were comfortable. The bathroom lighting was great. We enjoyed the pool, evening reception and the large breakfast, but i felt that the staff was far too strict.

Relaxing quite time.

Maid wanted to come in room at 7am every day. Dishes for breakfast not clean

Work stations in the Court yard. Loved the big screen HD TV's in the rooms!!!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

This hotel goes bananas over wearing your wristbands beware.
    • King Suite

They went completely nuts over wearing your wristband for pool entry or food. They pulled people out the pool if you wasnt wearing a band abd harrased you the entire time. If you lost your wristband you cant get another unless you returned the lost one ridiculous.

Rooms spacious

Stay was great could atmosphere and nice people great job on the remodeling
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I love the rooms and the pool are I also informed my family and they are doing a overnight stay this weekend there for Mothers Day I told them how nice the remodeling was.

Don't plan a party here
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that Every guest had to ware wristbands. I had to cancel my daughter pool party because of that method. If that's the case I feel like that needs to be indicated when booking at this hotel.

The Breakfast and free open bar was excellent nice size rooms very spacious

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great place to stay
    • King Suite

They have the wrong shower heads water keep running on the floor. And the leaving room area kinda nosiey, but OK cause you go in the room you can close the door.

The room and space ,and the option of different restaurants in area.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The room itself.
    • King Suite

Pool had cloudy water. Hot tub was filled with numerous children (at least 6) as young as maybe 5 years old... when sign said 18 years old and up

The room itself. Refrigerator was a plus.. as well as the 2 tvs Happy hour was the best !

Not sure I will stay at this property again.
    • King Suite

My room was situated between two families with quite a few kids (more than 4) in each room. They were back and forward between rooms till way after midnight. A lot of your guest were very loud, disrespectful of others. They used the hotel as if it were their personal residence. Pajamas, body parts showing and just nasty in the dining area.

Loved my room!!!!

Excellent place to stay
    • King Suite

I didn't like at the time I decided to go was TAX REFUND time....

The room was excellent..food was delicious, pool was clean, The entire place is FABULOUS!!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The omelette was delicious.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The sausages were too tough. The pancakes were cold. Both juice machines were out and it was only 8.

The omelette was delicious. But the overall stay was good. Beds were extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

I liked that quiet time was enforced in respect for all...
    • King Suite

i didn't realize there would be that many kids running around. the hotel was very busy that weekend. Unfortunately I couldn't use the pool like I wanted because of the kids.

I liked that quiet time was enforced in respect for all patrons. the hotel in itself was very nice.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Family Hotel - Be warned
    • King Suite

The loudness from the hallway comes into the room. More of a family hotel.

The rooms are very spacious. Love the upgrades and size of tv in each room.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Nightmare Stay
    • King Suite

We had no towels, check in was horrible the reservation had not been received and the clerk had no clue what to do. When another guest checked in I saw that she was bringing in a lot of liquor, which says "party" and I knew then there was going to be a problem. During their "cocktail hour" people were serving themselves the snacks? At 3 in the morning the fire alarm was pulled by someone, although they came on the PA and said it was a false alarm, when we looked outside there was a room full of rowdy guys across the way, obviously partying. We went back to bed and five minutes later the alarms sounded again, so we left our room (my husband was on a walker so it was hard for us to evacuate) when we got downstairs there was no desk attendant or any employee to tell us what was going on, fire trucks were there....it was the worst experience ever. Getting back inside and going up the elevator a couple got on that reeked of marijuana I will never stay there again...no matter what they are giving away.

I loved the room it was spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Mini Honeymoon
    • King Suite

The construction was a bit annoying, as well as someone pulling the fire alarm at 3 in the morning. My husband brought his game system, but you are not able to switch the input of the TV so that was a disappointment. The remote to the bedroom TV did not work that well.

Everything overall was amazing and comfortable. I loved the bathrooms, beds and the main area of the hotel. The style of the hotel was amazing.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

A visit from hell.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was little sleeping at a construction site. Breakfast was so unorganized the staff was rude and they were clearly not equipped for the guest they had. You waited 45 minutes for bacon. It was crazy. Wake up to a jack hammer going at 6am while on vacation is not cool.

The rooms were nice

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

It was okay
    • King Suite

Construction going on so I thought the rooms should have been discounted because of the dust. I sneezed during the stay and could not make coffee in room, the coffee maker was too dusty.

Bed was fine and breakfast was okay just seemed inconvenient layout.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Looking forward to seeing completed renovations.
    • Corner Double Room

Didn't realize hotel was under construction when booking. Main bar and restaurant were both closed. Staff were great and really tried their best to accommodate.

Love the updates to room and bathroom. Will be fabulous when complete.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Embassy Suites--Lombard
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Housekeeping missed there service one day. (came at 3pm, not acceptable.) One sink by the coffee pot has VERY low pressure. Understand renovation but these problems are not part of it.

Location and size of unit.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The bed.
    • King Suite

When my daughters returned to hotel ,they were denied entry to room. Staff said rooms weren't paid for. I booked online and paid.The hotel computers were down the day of checkin. I had to call hotel to give information again. Was not happy with that.

The bed.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Love Embassy Suites but this one I was not pleased with.
    • King Suite

There was construction going on inside the hotel, dust was everywhere and I had an allergic reaction. I wasn't told contrustion was happening when I call to confirm my reservation. We were not pleased. There was also no ice in the hotel.

Our actual suite was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

COMFY BEDS
    • Corner Double Room

MAYBE COMING HERE AFTER ALL THE CONSTRUCTION WAS DONE. BUT WE KNEW IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION WHEN WE BOOKED.

WE HAD A CORNER ROOM, WHICH WAS NICE, A LITTLE SPACIER. THE BED AND PILLOWS WERE VERY COMFY. THE ROOMS WERE CLEAN. SHOPPING AND RESTAURANTS ARE CLOSE BY. WE WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Stay away until renovations are complete!
    • King Suite

They are undergoing some serious renovations, and the noise is unbearable! If we would've known about the renovations prior to booking with them, we would've made other arrangements. Even the usually friendly staff seemed unnerved and angry.

We have stayed at this property many times before, and we've always enjoyed our stay.

Wonderful
    • King Suite

No response to this question

GREAT!
    • King Suite

If you go out , and return late you might have problem finding parking.

The atrium, that outdoor feeling, while inside,was perfect for very hot days.

Perfect
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Price

Everthing

This hotel is simply amazing and so are the staff.
    • King Suite

There's nothing that I didn't like about my stay.

Easy excess from the Highway and Shopping Venues are close by.

I give a 8 out of 10

Mediocre

Nice place to stay

It was a very good experience
    • King Suite

We had a fire drill that it was on expected

Overall it was very good experience. What would I do it again yes.

Close to home

It was ok

Close to home

It was very terrible
    • King Suite

The staff was rude, the room was dirty, room overcharged

It's was great and peaceful and the staff were great

I loved everything

Everything was hot a delicious.

Very nice and clean. Comfy beds and great service
    • King Suite

Very nice and clean. Great service

The wrist bands we had to wear all day to use the pool and...
    • King Suite

The wrist bands we had to wear all day to use the pool and workout room.

Clean and comfortable

Risk bands

Room

Very good
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Some of equipment in fitness center not working,water dispenser broken.

Cleanliness,spacious,hot tub.

I will love to go back!!!!

Everything!!!

Everything was great!!!!

Relax

breakfast was awesome.
    • King Suite

breakfast was awesome. the room was perfect. loved that the bedroom was away from the hall. very quiet while sleepinh

Very good
    • King Suite

It was by far best stay i have ever had when in chica
    • Corner Suite with Two Queen Beds

Bed awesome Shuttles

It was great, stay-cation
    • King Suite

My husband and I, were celebrating his birthday we had a wonderful time. I cant wait to bring the kids.

Our stay for the most part was very relaxing
    • King Suite

The running children in the dining area

The quietness of the room and the awesome breakfast selection. Oh, the coffee is wonderful

Enjoy my stay always do ! Just the bedI wasn't pleased with.
    • King Suite

My bed mattress was very uncomfortable! It usually very comfortable!

Breakfast and Happy Hour!

Come back

Very clean.

Very clean. Staff and workers were very friendly and respectful. Overall very very nice experience.

Nice pool area.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nice pool area. Loved the free happy hour.

Extremely clean.
    • King Suite

There is nothing that I did not like.

Extremely clean. Friendly staff. Near many restaurants a theatre and mall.

N/a

No complaints

Everything was good

BEAUTIFUL
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

everything was awesome especially the breakfast every morining

Complaint
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

I was disrespected by one of the staff members. I was not given a policy to sign nor read.

Not enough help in breakfast staff

Not enough help in breakfast staff

Before Christmas Getaway!

Everything was excellent.

Very friendly staff! Loved that breakfast and Happy hour!

I absolutely loved my stay.
    • King Suite

I absolutely loved my stay. The room was wonderful and clean and the staff was wonderful!

Great hotel for a girl’s trip. Comfortable rooms, tasty breakfast!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Coffee didn’t seem to have any taste.

Great two bedroom suite. Lovely comfortable sitting area.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access