Reviews of Embassy Suites Chicago - North Shore/Deerfield 3 stars

1445 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, IL 60015, USA

#1 of 6 hotels in Deerfield

Best Hotel Experience for alone time & family fun
    • Premium Suite

The tv in the bedroom did not work on arrival...but it was fixed immediately

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The free reception at night was very nice and pretty family friendly. The pool was clean and fully stocked with towels. I requested more towels for my room after using the pool and it was brought up with no issues. The breakfast buffet alone would have me book an extra night if I could afford it at the time. They always having me leaving satisfied and ready for a return.

Despite the dislikes, I would go again - only next time bring my Lactose free milk with me :-)
    • Executive King Suite

Breakfast was OK for regular guests. It was however missing items for Vegans and Lactose intolerant guests. Lactose free or Soja milk were not available for purchase either.

The suite was large and fits a whole family conveniently. The room service was very good. The location was great, very easy to get to Disney.

This Hotel was above and beyond our Expectations!!!
    • Executive King Suite

My husband & I celebrated 33 years of marriage!!! THANK GOD!!! Staff was very professional/friendly. Room was very nice/large. Breakfast was outstanding! Will be making reservations again!

My stay was Great!
    • Executive King Suite

The female in the happy hours on Saturday July 21, 2018. The guy making the drinks on Saturday. My daughter and I was in line. He took both our drink orders. Advised when he was fixing drinks that my daughter will get my drink. Had to sit down my foot hurt. When he gave drinks to my daughter. He asked where is the other person at; daughter did you not here her she stated she was showing her face so he will give to my daughter; Her foot hurt

My stay was Great! One thing I notice during happy hours. It was a female that works there and she seem to pick the tables she wanted to ask others how was they stay? When she passed our table she turned her head the other way. She walked past the tables several times, same thing. Long story short the tables that were picked were the same nationality as your worker. Older Caucasian lady.

Wonderful visit!
    • Executive King Suite

The pool is a little small, although there were not many other swimmers. And the bathroom shower drained a little slow

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was the best of any hotel I’ve stayed in with many options. I was surprised that it was free- even a staff member making omelets by order every morning!

Incredible weekend and will definitely stay there again when we go see our son who is in the Navy.

We didn't get to stay long enough...

We had an incredible visit. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were awesome. The breakfast in the morning was remarkable and the snack bar in the evenings was pretty cool too. Overall Perfect :)

Marissa @front desk was very attentive!
    • Executive King Suite

Marissa @front desk was very attentive! I only mentioned at check-in that it was our 20yr wedding anniversary, upon returning to our room that evening, we walked into a bottle of champagne & a tray of crackers & cheese. We were delighted and grateful at her thoughtfulness of us.

I love all and everything about Embassy Suite.
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

I love all and everything about Embassy Suite. I only stay Embassy Suite no matter where I travel because of the great coustoner service, the cleanest of room , spa, dinning, the bar and it is not to pricey.

Very nice.
    • Executive King Suite

I don’t like how far the pool is from the rooms and the fact that it’s only one way around to the pool. Other than that, everything was great.

Everything was nice.

Me and my family enjoyed ourselves, and we’ll definitely come again soon.
    • Executive King Suite

The dishes were alittle dirty in the dining area. They were not properly cleaned.

Me and my family enjoyed the pool area, the spacious room, and the privacy.

The breakfast was not good.
    • Executive King Suite

The breakfast was not good. It is nothing like all the other Embassy Suites I have stayed at. This is the only reason I wanted to stay here and I was very disappointed in the food.

Could not get comfortable
    • Executive King Suite

Could not sit in lounge area because kid's was dropping things down from upper level on us,could not relax and have conversations with my cousin in peace

Like the rooms, food and happy hour

Had a great lovely time. The pillows were so comfortable, I had the best sleep in the longest time.
    • Executive King Suite

The payment process was a little bit weird. We weren't notified that an extra $50-60 were going to be taken from our bank card for anything that may be charged to our room.

I loved the breakfast. Loved the staff who were so friendly and helpful - really professional. LOVED the complimentary cocktails and snacks. Had a great time.

Not great
    • Executive King Suite

The fact that my genuine concerns were not validated on a level that makes me feel better or heard in a manner that values my word or honors me as a pleasant guest. I want a refund for the weekend. Charlotte Burns

Experience was poor for to extremely rowdy and loud guests. Slamming doors and banging against walls all evening and all night. Unable to recover costs of final night and feel that I should recover costs for last two nights. I had to go home to get a nap and come back to try and complete my work project that I was unable to due to headaches from noise and inability to relax, which is needed when writing. I sat in the hotel parking lot after leaving estlier to get a for a while trying to get some rest and concentrate on my project. However, lack of sleep adequate sleep brings on migraines. Further complicating my life and work. Will be up trying to finalize a project that would have been possible without the noise and lack of sleep. Please call 224-715-1143. I want my entire weekend costs returned. Thanks! Charlotte Burns My husband and I have had wonderful stays in the Hilton Hoteld prior to this stay and were enrolled in the program a few years ago. We stayed in Skokie Illinois on the most pleasant stays. This latest stay at the Embassy in Northbrook/Deerfield started okay and ended poorly.

We were very disappointed with this stay.
    • Executive King Suite

The hotel staff should be aware of kids going up & down in the elevators unsupervised.

We are aware that the Embassy Suites have a lot of families as guests, but our experience over Friday evening, Saturday evening and then Sunday morning was not acceptable. According to the hotel rules, children under the age of 18 years are meant to be supervised. Not at all - until a young child was lost!

An excellent couple of days over the Christmas holiday.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

We arrived late on Christmas Day, having traveled from northern Michigan and so if the restaurant had been open, that would have been helpful.

The staff were welcoming and very helpful. The room was very spacious for 3 adults and well furnished. The breakfast buffet was excellent.

Everything was great.

There was an issue with overcharging and adding charges but it was fixed immediately

The rooms were amazing! Complementary breakfast was awesome, best selection I’ve ever had.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Spacious accommodations in convenient location.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Quality of accommodations - sofa, chairs, etc. - was fairly low. Atrium design means you still hear a little noise and music in the suite living area.

Comfortable bed. Made-to-order eggs as part of breakfast included with room. Spacious accommodations.

Nice Hotel, Price Confusion
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

Initially was charged more than the price shown on Booking.com. Hotel eventually issued a refund for a difference. However, I will be skeptical of using booking.com in the future, based on this experience.

Good breakfast, nice pool.

Not worth it, used to love it, not worth money or drive
    • Executive King Suite

Staff not very helpful said come down for recomendations then gave typed list most locations all closed many permanently closed. Didn't like remodel lost tropical feel, breakfast was designed badly bottlenecks for coffee, jiuce, pastries, out of many in buffet pancakes separate location out., no list of what was available made to order, tables not kept clean, long drive there pool closed by the time arrived each night couldn't use and that was why chose the location. Have stayed here many times in years past, will not ever make that choice again. Remodel took away atmosphere, staff while the one checking us in friendly, overall not helpful. Needed something printed no business center could only help if could download to phone, no one in useless gift shop. bar restaurant closed so could not access. Took to long to get to to get drinks and snacks in evening reception. could not tell us how to get to transportation. $5 water when room water was awful. Definitely not work over 200 dollars, more like the feel of holiday inn or baymont in our little town no classy feel .

Breakfast included, clean, hot tub, request to be next to elavator, fridge and microwave.

It was well worth the money spent
    • Executive King Suite

Everything was good they use to serve unlimited bacon but now you have to ask for it

Ryan was very helpful at the front desk very nice and respectful and easy to talk with.

Jennifer Hogan at the front desk went above and beyond.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Jennifer Hogan at the front desk went above and beyond. I was in town for a wedding and arrived early. I had forgotten to ask for an early check in. I let her know the groom was planning to use my room to get dressed and she not only found me a room right then, but gave me a suite. Excellent customer service, really went above and beyond!

I will always stay there. Love Embassy suites for the money
    • Executive King Suite

I booked with booking.com. When I checked out the total bill was 332 when i got the room for 103 per night. 232. they had to adjust my bill. The clerk says this happens quite often. If you could fix it so that the price i got on line gets to the hotel ..I think things will go much smoother at checkout

Loved the breakfast.

The breakfast was great , beds were great and loved the...
    • Executive King Suite

We shared the room with family sleeping on the sofa so it would have been better to have the bathroom in a more neutral area other than the bedroom ,but it worked out fine,

The breakfast was great , beds were great and loved the evening snacks and drinks!

The staff was responsive to our needs.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The place was falling apart and needs a LOT of updating and care. When you're on vacation, the 9:00 deadline for breakfast was tough....at least coffee could have been available until the restaurant opened.

The staff was responsive to our needs. It was nice having breakfast available and the eggs and bacon were great (the potatoes need a lot of improvement).

Will definitely stay again.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Pool needs a little cleaning.

The open space, great complimentary breakfast selections and afternoon snacks. Pool just needs a little cleaning, but everything else is good and enjoyable.

6.0
    It wasnt this way before, I hated my stay this time!
    • Executive King Suite

The staff were sarcastic and rude, didnt bother to ask how was my stay. The shuttle was unavailable. The beds were very hard and not comfortable at all

Breakfast was ok

It was a happy hopping atmosphere and I would come again.
    • Executive King Suite

The internet was slow or did not work.

The breakfast had many choices- eggs,meat,potatoes,cereal,fruit,bread, pancakes, made to order omelette. The 5:30 to 7:30 free drinks and snacks was a relaxing beginning of the evening.

It was ok
    • Executive King Suite

More towels in the bathroom. When the athletic team is there they shouldn't load there gear in the walkways where guests can't get through. I tripped over their stuff. They loaded the Libby with all there gear and there was no where to walk.

The amlettes weren't cooked long enough. The blankets smelled a little musty like they needed to be washed. Seemed like they sat in the washer to long without being dried. Not enough towels.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Hilton and Embassy, yes always . This place and time, not so.
    • King Suite - Hearing Accessible

A variety of things. Food wrapper on floor of room, otherwise clean. Ice machine on our floor out of order, no toilet paper in the single restroom in pool area Sunday afternoon, went for breakfast at 930a Monday and all being put away. I asked the person, he only said breakfast was over. Could have offered to at least turn the milk and juice machines back on for cereal. No apology or reasonable solution offered. Later when I asked at checkout what were breakfast times because Sunday was 1030a, and we missed it Monday, we were told 9a closed. Even had another hotel guest walk up to me and said he was told breakfast would be served until 10a. Monday. Maybe posting times, as boldly as the evening reception hours, would be good. Then we discovered Sunday late morning as we were peacefully enjoying the atrium, a chess tournament beginning. Crowds poured in and took over entire atrium and reception area seating from noon until 5p. My son asked if we could go back and sit in room. Sunday night manager's 530p reception, was for some reason was held in the restaurant. So with that, and the NCAA going, it seemed the lone server had to direct guests in and out, as well as try and serve. He did a very good job of it. I gave him a $25 tip. Summary. Wrapper on floor of room, ice machine out of order, no toilet paper in lone pool restroom, chess tournament crowd, and no breakfast on the second morning. I have always had great Hilton experiences, but this little, peaceful winter RnR weekend, not so much.

Restaurant was excellent. The waitstaff great, as was the quality of food. Ate there both nights of stay, and a variety of dishes. All excellent. Front desk associate at check in was pleasant. Even called room to reiterate calling if need anything. Called for an extra blanket our second night and desk associate courteous and responsive.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great hotel and value, but poorly supervised.
    • Executive King Suite

We could NOT use the pool due to a sizable amount of teenagers who just took over the pool, throwing balls around, and our grandkids could not swim safely. The adults were no better, throwing unused towels all over the place, and even left empty beer bottles. It was chaotic, and NO hotel supervision or visits. In addition, in the evening, kids were riding motorized roller skates around on the balconies, and their friends were running around till 12am. PS: We reserved 3 rooms, since we traveled with family, and asked for an adjoining room, and other close by. No adjoining room, and one daughter was 3 floors below us. NOT happy.

The hotel is fantastic, rooms are large and comfortable with 2 TVs, and the breakfast is one of the best we ever had, and we travel quite a bit..

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Efficient staff
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Was told on check in van transport would be avail. When requested, no driver was avail. Needed to make other arrangements causing delay.

Efficient staff

Free cocktail reception.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Alarm clock did not light up. Bacon was doled out, felt like a school child. Tables not cleared in a timely fashion during breakfast hours, had to clear and clean ourselves.

Free cocktail reception. TV channel guide included

Good value, good breakfast will come back again. Thank you
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

1. elevators are slow 2. cable stations didn't have FS1 which was carrying the Cubs game

Breakfast and happy hour were good and appreciated. I'll be back the next time I visit family in the area.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

great stay
    • Executive King Suite

The room was not as sound proof as I would have liked regarding traffic noise from highway.

Breakfast was very good! Bed and furniture were comfortable. Staff was excellent and accomodating. Reception in the evening was very good also!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

We stay here twice a year and enjoy it each time.
    • Executive King Suite

Wifi- if free was not easy to access. Please make sure bills are slipped all the way under door so personal info is not easily picked up by anyone walking by. A little noisier than usual this time.

Happy hour, breakfast, nice pillows, good shower and towels.

disappointing, probably the worst Embassy Suites I have stayed in for many years.
    • Executive King Suite

Sonewhat grubby arround the edges. Needs a thorough refurbishment. Poor food. The whole operation is focused arround minimizing costs and expenses, and it shows.

Convenient location, very good size room, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The stay was enjoyable.
    • Executive King Suite

The bathroom could have been cleaner. The chocolate pretzels were stale.

The breakfast was amazing. We enjoyed the happy hour. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Great stay
    • Executive King Suite

Nice spacious rooms and the free breakfast.

It was my One year anniversary and made me sick to my stomach the whole stay

The blood on the sheets

There was blood stains all over our sheets we would like a complete re fond

Happy hour

Pillows

Happy hour

Close to the Ravina.

Close to the Ravina. Quite location

The breakfast very good Loved the fresh omelette!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast very good Loved the fresh omelette! Did not eat in the dining room. Missed the dinner hour social nice idea Nice and quiet.

Great clean rooms, comfortable beds and great happy hour and...
    • Executive King Suite

Great clean rooms, comfortable beds and great happy hour and breakfast.

We were pleased with the rooms and the am breakfast a=nd the...
    • Executive King Suite

We were pleased with the rooms and the am breakfast a=nd the staff was so nice and friendly

Perfect

I had to leave

I loved it. Embassy is always a great stay

Excellent Time in This Hotel!
    • Executive King Suite

The free snacks in the evening and breakfast! Also, the amazing customer service.

Bed was really comfortable

Bed was really comfortable

Me andcmy family had a very nice time

Nothin

Had a good stay.
    • Executive King Suite

Hotel needs some updating that I understand is planned.

Ants all over pool area same dishes sat in hallway our...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Ants all over pool area same dishes sat in hallway our entire stay

Stay at the Embassy Suites in Deerfield

No negatives here.

Cleanliness, friendly and helpful staff, and spacious rooms.

Great place to stay near the Chicago Botanic Garden.
    • Executive King Suite

Great hotel. Easy access. Nice restaurant. Great breakfast.

I like the embassy suites for the set up of the building the breakfast and happy hour.
    • Executive King Suite

Bed was worn out pillows flat. I think it's time to update

Children really enjoyed themselves and I was able to unwind at Happy Hour and wake up to great break
    • Executive King Suite

Drinks were great as well as breakfast!!!

It was awesome

Didn’t have any complaints

The overall stay was awesome as usual

Great Hotel

Nothing bad to say

Cleanliness, breakfast, staff

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Nothing I disliked

Best stay at a hotel
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Big room and comfortable beds

Boring business hotel with a good location
    • Executive King Suite

An hotel without any charm. Breakfast of low quality.

God location near 294 and 94. Big room

The stay was very nice and so was the rate.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Rooms could use some updating and the pool is very small.

The stay was very nice and so was the rate.

Vacation away from the city
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Everything! Staff, the free drinks and snacks from 5:30pm-7:30pm. The restaurant on site is great, Milo was great with our orders.

Fantastic experience for our family!

Pillows were uncomfortable.

Food was great!

Nice, Comfortable Stay
    • Executive King Suite

Evening reception snack choices were limited, at best. (Potato chips, popcorn, and chips & salsa)

Breakfast was good, the bed was HEAVENLY!

Stay was excellent will recommend to friends

need little upgrade

Free drinks in evening and Breakfast in morning. was plus.staff was friendly place was clean. plenty of parking.Pool available

Great Location!!
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Nothing!! The Complimentary Reception in the Evening was a great Bonus!!

complimentary breakfast & complimentary drinks from...
    • Executive King Suite

complimentary breakfast & complimentary drinks from 5pm-7pm :)

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The pillows were a bit flat

Very good.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Harder location to get to.

The additional space was great. Omlette bar versus frozen eggs.

We have stayed here before, and will stay again.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

We love the overall atmosphere. Family oriented, happy. Great breakfast!

Comfortable room.
    • Executive King Suite

Noise of the highway close by.

Comfortable room.

the best
    • Executive King Suite

everything was great thank you

Loved it
    • Executive King Suite

The pool and Sauna was not working

Happy hour was great

Nice and helpful staff!
    • Executive King Suite

very good complementery breakfast. nice big rooms.

Great Stay!
    • Executive King Suite

Better bacon at breakfast and waffles.

The pillows were really nice.