Reviews of Embassy Suites Chicago - O'Hare Rosemont 3 stars

5500 North River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018, USA

#19 of 23 hotels in Rosemont

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Crappy that you pay for internet and for parking as a guest. Disappointed in the price they charged for a hotel we liked

Staff willing to help with directions.love breakfast and evening options

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Paying $30 per day for parking. Pool was small.

This was a good hotel in a central location that you can walk to the mall as well as nearby restaurants. We had a 3 and 6 year old walking with us. Their breakfast was excellent. They offer afternoon snack with free drinks from 5:30-7:30. The pool area was nice. A little small, but my little ones loved it. The only negative was paying $30 per day to park at the hotel. That was a huge downer! I would choose this hotel if I return to Rosemont.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Shower

The overall experience at this hotel was tremendous! From the staff to the food, we had no complaints. The bed was comfortable, room was impeccably clean, and well appointed.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The room I reserved (2 queen bed suite) wasn't not the room I received (king bed suite) and ended having to pay $40 more than what I reserved the room for on this site. I won't be using this site again.

I stay at an Embassy whenever possible. I love their made to order breakfast and happy hour.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I got charged for valet services when I didn’t have a car I understand human error but how does one get charged for valet without providing car information. Still waiting on the money to get returned to my bank account.

Everything was pretty much perfect. The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. And the location of the hotel to the convention center we were attending couldn’t have been any better.

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

I didnt like the fact the bed had no fitted sheet on it. Other than that I was satisfied.

I liked how the bed was nice and soft. I also liked how there were 2 locks on the door. I also liked how there was a door to separate the office room from the bedroom!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Only suggestion would be to add dark curtains for the doors. We had people sleeping on the hide away, and you can see people walking by, plus it lets in a lot of light.

Staff was great, very polite and helpful. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour were very nice. Location was convenient to where we were going.

Nothing- everything was perfect

Hotel staff - especially at the front desk was extremely helpful and very kind to my family and I. They did everything they could to make our stay with them wonderful. Breakfasr especially the made to order omelets were delicious.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The price for the room was outrageous along with the cost for parking. The happy hour needs a huge improvement to the foods offered. The Drury in Springfield offered drinks plus actual food such as pasta and snacks. The breakfast was not that good considering how much you charge for a room. There was only one employee making omelets and there was always a line of people waiting. To be honest I would have stayed at a cheaper hotel with free parking and went out to eat if I’d have known this was how my stay was.

The room was very clean and the front desk staff was amazing!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The weather, but they can not do anything about that! lol!!

The breakfast buffet was awesome, not just cereals, but scrambled eggs or omelettes made to order and potatoes and sausage or bacon also french toast. Great breakfast!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The hotel manager Abi was rude. I have a problem with the price on my booking confirmation and the price the hotel had. The manager acted as if he didn’t want to honor the price I had booked for over 5 months ago. He tried to charge me $498 per room when I booked for $295

Great hotels with very comfortable beds. The complimentary open bar from 5:30-7:30 saved a lot of money at the actual bar which is extremely overpriced.

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

The staff was rude and disrespectful to my entire party for my entire stay. The front desk staff was pleasant but there was not one other staff member that met my expectations on how hotel guests should be treated.

The amenities included were nice, and the hotel layout was beautiful. Spacious rooms.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds and Roll-in Shower

The water systems were a little outdated and there was a leak on the carpet floor near the washroom from previous person who stayed. The toilet was easily clogged and the shower head was spraying too strong. They needed to fix the system.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The bed was horrible and pillows like potato sacks. The bathroom fan did not work, the water dripped and the lock on the door looked like it was broke into a few times. I didn't expect to have a conference room in my room. II would have liked to have had a couch and desk. Not a conference table. Not happy with the same breakfast everyday and the long lines to meet my tight schedule. The girl at the front desk was not very nice and very short with me. I understand its busy but this is your job to be nice. Overall I was not really happy, and will not stay again.

The location was about it.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Staff wasn't the best. One out of three elevators was working and two different people from my group got stuck in the elevator on two different occasions all in just a one night stay.

Beautiful hotel

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

There was no curtain in the front room so it was not able to get really dark when sleeping on the pull-out sofa. My son still slept fine, but it was brighter than I would have liked.

Breakfast was wonderful! Beds were very comfortable. We had a great stay!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

wish there was a hot tub to relax in. Elevators were having problems, two of the three had to be shut down for a short time, and if the cars were almost full they were very slow. One didn't open the doors several time trying to exit or board on my floor. Staff did what they could and let people use the freight elevator as an alternative while the issues were being worked on. I used Valet parking because it was my first time there just to keep things easy, but parking in the area is pricey as it cost me roughly 150.00 to have the valet gentleman park my car once for the 5 nights i was there. i never pulled it out after it was parked. When i departed about 4-5 A.M. I went and got my car myself. I didn't have the card or whatever was needed to get the gate to open for me to exit the garage, luckily a nice lady used her card to let me out. Just wanted to say these were minor issues and a learning experience for me. overall no issues with the hotel or staff.

The breakfast was tasty. the room was nice, and the staff pleasant and friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The quality of the breakfast... food itself.,. was poor.... egg powder, cuttlery cheap and not clean.... impression was poor. No shuttle stop at the metro Blueline... difficult to commute downtown due to this.,,

The possibility to have an omelette prepared ffreshly.

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

I find it objectionable to have to pay for Wi-Fi these days in any hotel.After the manager came to my room to determine why my paid service did not work, I was quite annoyed do you still have an unworkable system. I was refunded my money, and they were helpful.

For an airport hotel it was tops. A very beautiful property with many Frank Lloyd Wright designs, one could forget that they are at an airport hotel. The staff were remarkably helpful, the room spacious and comfortable, and the free breakfast delicious.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The room was nice but there was a very musty smell although the room was clean. I have a very acute sense of smell and it almost made me sick.

Large rooms and nice layout

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Shower

Having to pay so much for parking even though I was a guest it should at least be less expensive for guests or discounted if staying for a few days.

Complimentary breakfast and happy hour were awesome and easy to figure out without having to ask for anything.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Walls were thin. could hear normal conversation in both adjoining rooms. The door on the cabinetry enclosing the microwave hits the wall with some force, when opened, making a loud noise, that can be heard from room to room (at 2 a.m., kind of hard to sleep through.)

Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Bed was comfortable, rooms spacious. The evening "happy hour" is such a nice benefit, as is the breakfast buffet.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Paid parking is really outdated, especially for a parking garage where I saw multiple cars vandalised. The breakfast selection was decent but having the same fruit daily made me wonder how fresh it was. Also the people watching over the breakfast area were fairly rude when asking for meal tickets.

The staff over all was very friendly and ready to help if there were any issues. The location was just where I needed.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Pool was not heated because it was just fixed. The shower was broke and they could not switch room because they were sold out.

Close to event we were attending. Nice area.

The elevators are an absolute joke, and if you're closterphobic, do not use them! You might stop at your floor, but the doors won't open, and then you'll take the scenic route to get back to your floor. Little things need to be fixed in the room I was staying in, like one of the drawer handles was busted on a cabinet. The walls and bathroom floor needed a good cleaning. Just not what I expected for $200+ a night.

The free breakfast was great, and the staff was accommodating and friendly. The beds were comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Are you ready to wait 10+ minutes every time on the elevator? The property, while nice, is clearly not capable of being at full capacity. There aren't even stairs for those of us not needing the elevator. Two weddings going on (and I'm a very well traveled city girl who does not mind noisy and actually prefers hustle and bustle) but the hotel just can't accommodate this kind of traffic. It was busy in a bad way and miserable! Add in the parking fees and you're better off staying elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

It was confusing as to where to park. They could not find out reservation. Put us in the wrong room and then switched us to another where they knew the bathroom door was broken. So we did not have a door that worked and they were booked solid. Offered us another room but that would have been the third room and there was three of us and we felt with a bathroom door that did not close.

Very nice looking hotel. Good breakfast, room was nice.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Shower

There was a kids sleep over going on right next door to my room. I heard slamming doors, walls bumping, and children playing in the hall all night. I wish you can check in to a room upon arrival. This site asks you when will you want to check in. The hotel does not honor that. I got there at 7am for a business meeting and got my room at 4pm. My bags where placed in their baggage room. I stayed for 3 days for my convention. I wish there was I discount after the second or third night. It was very pricey for a 3 day stay, and 3 days of parking.

Great location. Donald E Stevens Convention Center is with in comfortable walking distance of this hotel. Good breakfast/ happy hour.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The pool area was a bit dirty, we noticed it will be refurbished in the near future so we are looking forward to visiting again and seeing the improvements

Beds very comfy, room clean! Staff wonderful and friendly

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

28 dollars for parking was too high and not mentioned in the advertisement. I needed a name and location for medical situation and the front desk was helpless as though they had never been to the area. They did not know. Too costly for the services

The valet parking staff were go getters and responsive. Good location

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I liked most the evening reception (apero) and the free breakfast that comes with the hotel price already. I think there are only a few hotels surrounding the airport that has free breakfast included in the price. And since I am a Hilton Honor member, I had free internet. The other pricey hotels, as pricey as they are already, you need to pay still for breakfast and internet.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

I spent over $100 on a room to come and have to pay for parking. It was not noted on my reservation as a heads up. The hotel is very old the toilet in my room to forever to flush or did not flush at all. The sink it took awhile to run down even the shower. The plumbing was awful. For a hotel that is owned by a worldwide brand the Hilton this is ridiculous and I am very disappointed I will not go back.

Convenient

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The elevators were horrible.I am disabled and had to take the stairs. The staff charged me for room deposit. During a cinvention Ive never paid for a room deposit before. The staff wasnt that friendly.

The room layout

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Very clean and I will come back to stay.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Malfunctioning equipment Peeling of paint and wall paper in room Cleanliness of the room

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The bed rooms was clean and didn’t smell . The staff was friendly.

Great location!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

great breakfast, staff was very friendly and helpful

I liked it all

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

Having to pay for parking

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Better snack and breakfast food Pool was cold.

It was close to everything in a car.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Noisy room next to ours and walls seemed thin

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

We were charged on both credit cards instead of just one.

The room was very spacious. The bed was awesome.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The parking fee I thought was ridiculous price.

I got omelettes both days. They were pretty good. A little runny but not terrible

Coffee

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The website says they have a hot tub but there is not

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

The bed could have been a little softer

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

We didn't like that we had to pay for parking. $26 a day.

This hotel is incredible! Great location, awesome breakfast buffet, very clean.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Having to pay so much for parking for multiple nights

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

Did not like the extremely slow elevators and the loud refrigerator in my room!

Loved the comfortable bed even though the headboard was damaged.

Clean

• One-Bedroom King Suite

For some reason the air conditioning quit working. Was a little stuffy on night 2.

Refrigerator, space was wonderful

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I took my kids their to swim for end of summer but the pool water was so cold they could not enjoy the pool, they stayed in only 10 minutes.

The room

Elevators extremely slow

breakfast

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds and Roll-in Shower

Early finish of breakfast.

Breakfast, room size

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Shower

The long lines I felt they needed a little bit more help when you have a conference in town

The cooked to order

Pay for parking at a garage that's connected to the hotel, Quality of the internet

Breakfast and reception

• One-Bedroom King Suite

It wasn't worth the price, and people were very loud all night long.

I liked that they were suites so you had a separate sitting room.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

There was nothing to dislike about it!

Beautiful suite! The bed was very comfortable! I love the banquet area and the desserts!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The elevators were slow and not always working

Best omelette ever. Great Bar showing soccer! Big rooms.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Shower

Elevators were semi stupid with stopping on each floor even if no one was there

Relaxing and great room

Breakfast , social hour , room was clean

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

Mary at the front desk was great!

everything

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Our hot water did it work and the toilet ran all night

Safe and a lot to do

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Shower

The elevator was very shaky and scary

Bed was awesome

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The room had gold fish crackers on the floor.

The shuttle.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Hot tub didn't look very clean

Happy hour

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• One-Bedroom King Conference Suite

dirty towel with hair on it laying on the desk when I arrived in my room

Location and parking

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Fruit flies in the bathroom

Great location, great breakfast included and great happy hour

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Price parking

Breakfast, managers reception,size room

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The food on breakfast is very good

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access

Breakfast clean room the staff

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Hearing Accessible

The pool area smelled faintly. I wondered about the cleanliness.

The receptionist one in particular really knew the location very well.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Rooms and bathrooms are a little "worn."

Nice to have such a great breakfast! The omelet guy was great! Also, I enjoyed the happy hour snacks.

There are also 56 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.