Reviews of Embassy Suites Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield 3 stars

1939 North Meacham Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173, USA

#22 of 29 hotels in Schaumburg

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Stayed here before and loved it.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Charged twice for a stay we were not able to make. Called front desk to clarify, they were not helpful at all. Filed a dispute with my cc to help me from having to pay double. The whole process feels really shady! Filed a complaint with a live chat person who was very nice, but still unable to rectify or give me any specific details. Told it may take 3 days for someone to contact me. Unacceptable!

Stayed here before and loved it. Very clean and beautiful property! Breakfast is awesome!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I liked almost everything about this hotel except what I...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No cable and reception in the bedroom’s TV! Poor WiFi, weak internet connection!

I liked almost everything about this hotel except what I will mention in the next question..

The room was really nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The free happy hour advertisements should be more accurate and honest by saying one free drink from a small selection we picked for you guys. I respect honesty better.

The room was really nice. Enjoyed it!

Basic
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

On the 7th floor it took over 10 minutes to get hot water. Which I turn delayed things and I couldnt get out on time.

Great choices of juice. The omelettes were good.

Breakfast and quality of room was exactly what I had...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The complimentary drinks were a rip off. They need to have a free standing machine that offers non alcoholic drinks. They also need to have extra bartenders on extra busy nights. Don’t advertise complimentary happy hour if u are not going to provide one.

Breakfast and quality of room was exactly what I had expected.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

We’ll be back .
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

With the renovation in process, the decorating a bit stark . Could use a bit of color.

Great free breakfast. Extraordinary staff from check in, bartender and maids .

The property was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There are any vending machines on the property (signs but only ice machines) they however did have some snacks sold there but more expensive than gas station prices.

The property was very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful when unloaded/loading car (which was awesome since we were traveling with our children)

Terrible guest service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible guest service provided by every staff member except for one. Waited 12 hours for towels because only 2 were provided for a 6 person stay. We eventually had to shower with pool towels!! Was told the other adult could check in and when they arrived it became an issue to where I had to speak to a manager. Such a shame when it's such a beautiful hotel. Will never stay here again!!

Convenient location

Enjoyed the free breakfast and free happy hour.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only negative was it was a smaller pool area.

Enjoyed the free breakfast and free happy hour. Beds were super comfy it was under renovation but couldn't tell. Staff was very friendly! Definitely will be returning!

Rude front desk staff when I tried to check in early.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rude front desk staff when I tried to check in early. I had requested an early check in but knew that there was a chance it wouldn’t be ready. No need to rudely state “come back at 3”.

Excellent excellent excellent!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were a little firmer then I’m used too. I have memory foam at home so it was a huge difference but my kids said it was comfy overall I was the only one that complained .... the pillows were very fluffy and cozy bedding was warm and cozy

The breakfast was excellent and the cook was very attentive and friendly

The property was clean and the people were pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It needs an arcade for the kids.

The property was clean and the people were pleasant. From 5:30 to 7:30 free drinks and snacks was a great bonus! The bartender Daryl was wonderful, very friendly and warm. The breakfast was very good also. I highly recommend this place.

Over all I think it was a good experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was really really loud in the pool area my wife and I had to leave. The room was very nice however the bed was way too firm for our liking.

Breakfast was phenomenal. Service all around was wonderful

Everything was great other then being so cold in the pool are
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was great other then being cold in the pool area

Everything was nice clean the Staff was very helpful the food was great the open bar was even better

The room was very nice and updated.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sound from outside the room came into our room more then we liked, and almost did not feel private. And the food was a little cold.

The room was very nice and updated. The selection for breakfast was very good. The staff was very freindly.

They just did a remodel and the place looks great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had a small problem with one of the counter staff upon check in. Not trained to inform the customer about how certain things post to your credit card.

They just did a remodel and the place looks great

Our stay was a great experience
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No handicapped accessible rooms. Bathrooms were extremely small Breakfast meats were only sausage and bacon

Proximity to Woodfield Mall and restaurants. Also, the free breakfast and evening reception saved money

Overall good. I'm glad i stays there.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It would be better if hotel could provide wifi access for everyone. They only provide such facility to members. But the facilities like WIFI should be available to all.

Hotel facilities were good. Even though renovations happens, It did not disturbed the guests. Breakfast was provided with the items to choose from. But list was same for everyday. Staff was good. Rooms were clean and room service attending everyday.

Tommy
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Too many kids running around, people were loading up their plates like they haven't eaten before at the free continental buffet didn't care about how many people were behind them wanting some food also.

Great place, can't beat happy hour ,Beautiful hotel it's really gonna look great when the constructions done.

The room was spacious and the beds are comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think the hotel is kind of crowded breakfast was awful to move around and very crowded because of remodeling. And the pool is very overcrowded also

The room was spacious and the beds are comfortable. The staff was accommodating and even took the shuttle to Medieval times and back.

Simply Amazing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are always so comfortable. Every room has a little kitchenette and a separate living area. The bar/breakfast area they are temporarily hosting was well designed and thought out. Highly recommend this hotel.

We will not be staying there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel has been under construction for a year! They were drilling/ breaking up concrete at 9:30a on a Saturday during the breakfast. There was dust everywhere. You could visibly see the construction. They used black plastic bags and duck tape to cover the construction area. The signs for construction were printed on printer paper & taped to the wall. We bought a soda from the vending machine and it expired 8 mos ago and they would NOT give a refund. We had 3 rooms and we asked to be together and checked in early and they separated us.

The location really worked for us.

would not stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

never told about construction/remodel. had to move rooms because party with strobe lights in next room, people in and out, felt like a prostitution set up. SLOW elevators. No cook at breakfast!!! Smell of glue and paint. No Pool available.

staff was nice

Location was ideal.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Serious construction going on that was not indicated when I booked. Made for very disjointed feel to hotel.

Location was ideal. Breakfast was good and gym had sufficient equipment to get a decent workout in. Room was spacious and clean.

Under construction
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Under construction through out. Found hair in washroom, a towel, in pool. Poor chef was in a dark area dripping in sweat. Bartenders were under staffed for reception. People diving in pool. And really don't like the silhouette doors. Freaked me and my kids out. Loud hallways until after 11pm. While we understand updates need to be done, didn't not let us know when we booked.

I stayed with you just prior to renovation project &...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I stayed with you just prior to renovation project & thought I was in the wrong hotel upon check in because of the appearance. Even with full renovation under way, your staff was superb! I can't wait to stay when the project is complete!

Great Stay!

Everything was great!

I loved the complimentary drinks and snacks as well as the breakfast. The whole facility was cozy and clean. We will always stay at the Embassy Suites.

Wonderful weekend getaway!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Honestly I can't complain because our experience was wonderful. I guess if I had to knit pick it would be that the remodel wasn't finished yet. And we are extremely excited to see the finished look.

The environment was so warm and inviting. We felt like we were outside in New Orleans. The rooms are large and very clean. With wonderfully newly remodel rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

A huge disappointment for a mother-daughter time away from home.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I chose this hotel based on pictures and reviews, but was disappointed on arrival to see that the hotel was in the middle of renovation. I would have appreciated a disclosure at the time of booking or even when receiving a reminder email. Hotel was nothing like the pictures implied. Instead of being bright, cheerful, cozy, we found it grey, gloomy, dusty. It was not the stay I was looking forward to.

The stay can be very comfortable, since the hotel offers all the amenities - fitness room, pool, breakfast, restaurant on site, although we didn't dine there based on poor reviews.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Disappointed with the inconveniences
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The construction was noisy which is necessary but would have appreciated a discounted room rate. We did get a $50 credit when we lost all water for 2 hrs Saturday morning.

Breakfast and delicious and hot with little or no lines. Beds and pillows comfy

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great Stay in NW Chicago suburbs
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The inside building was under construction. There was a lot of noise during the day hours. It did not affect our sleep

Bed was comfortable. LOVE the hot tub. People were very friendly. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Staff was pleasant.
    • Standard Double Suite - Disability Access

The door card readers were very poor and required a learning curve. That should not happen. My room was a handicap accessible room 126, yet the shower was tiny and would have been impossible for a immobile person to use. Biggest complaint was the wi-fi. My room did not have working wi-fi. I complained and the staff was pleasant but did nothing to fix. My room was right by the front desk and I found eventually that as soon as I walked into the hall I had connectivity. If I walked back in the room the service died. The staff would walk by while I sat on the couch outside my room and comment about the fact I still didn't have connectivity. They were nice but did nothing to try to address it.

Staff was pleasant. Managers reception was great. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Mattress was too soft,
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Mattress was too soft, The latch on our door was broken, had to slam it in order for it to close, Ordered a king bed but got a queen.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nice and comfortable

No complaints

Love the breakfast

Great Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The accommodations and breakfast. The service.

Everything was great.

Breakfast was rushed

Breakfast was rushed

I was surprised with the size of the rooms, very nice. Great stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Food was good coffee a bit strong

The room was clean and spacious
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool is quite small, but water was clean and not too cold

The room was clean and spacious

The staff went above and beyond with their friendliness and...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room service plates tended to stay out for an excessive time

The staff went above and beyond with their friendliness and helpfulness.

Really enjoyed Schaumburg, the hotel was great, my first time at an Embassy Suites hotel!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very beautiful hotel! Breakfast was awesome, best omelets I've ever had! Staff was great, very professional and polite.

The Cleanes

Relaxing

Nothing to complain about

Everything was good

The hotel was great room was very clean and spacious
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

That the breakfast was great and the room was so clean I felt so comfortable with my kids

The elevator are run down.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator are run down.

Excellent stay
    • Double room with Two Double Beds Corner Suite

I liked everything

Free breakfast

Probably would stay here again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Construction, long lines for breakfast.

Great stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Made to order breakfast. Cocktail hour is great.

Nice updates and nice new furniture
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lighting is a little to dark in the bar and lounge area

Excellent breakfast!

All around great place to stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not a lot of parking close to the hotel

All around great place to stay!

For now on I will be staying at this hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly, the hotel was very beautiful and nice

Everything was perfect

Everything was perfect

The pool
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They was in the middle of construction.

The pool

Nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction inside building was a mess and not safe

The room was nice

Remodeling, lots of construction going on

Remodeling, lots of construction going on

4.5
    Disappointed for my annual birthday stsy

The continuous noises during the day from 8-6

Not much during this visit

Breakfast was great and my rest was peaceful.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great and my rest was peaceful.

Free breakfast was good and a lot of options.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction was going on so the noise

Free breakfast was good and a lot of options. Spacious rooms and happy hour.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Breakfast 🍳 was great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator froze our food and not find out the control was set to high and control was on the back and easy to get to

Breakfast 🍳 was great

Construction and renovation.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Construction and renovation. Was not informed of this when the room was booked.

check if construction is done
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

construction going on at the property indoors starting at 8 am Saturday and Sunday...right outside our door

close to the train

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Under construction and we were not aware

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

All the construction

All the construction

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

It was a regular stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a spider in my room and the room smelled like cigarettes.

Cleanliness
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The noise of construction in building, and the plants looked dated n old

Cleanliness

Everything.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Great place but under construction.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The eggs were dry and cold

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

The staff was helpful and answered all my questions

The staff was helpful and answered all my questions

Bed and pillows are always The Most Comfortable!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Difficult to see entry to property Needs better sineage..

Bed and pillows are always The Most Comfortable!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The breakfast area was a disgusting filthy mess.

The breakfast area was a disgusting filthy mess. The bananas were rotting in the bowl, the whole buffet area was picked clean We couldn't even get milk for a bowl of cereal. None of the tables were being cleaned. Coffee was overflowing from the basin and onto the floor.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Free Breakfast;

Attempt by desk to charge my credit card for an additional night because inadvertently left some paperwork in room, but retrieved once oversight was discovered within 1/2 hour of check-out time.

Free Breakfast; Room

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

The breakfast and happy hour were nice to have included.

The furniture was old, dirty, worn. The mattress in the couch was so old and flat it couldn't be used. I included photos to show how it sagged under the support bars. The rolled up blanket in the closet - not folded - was obviously not washed between guests. So gross.

The breakfast and happy hour were nice to have included. Staff was friendly.

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.