Reviews of Embassy Suites Columbus 3 stars

2700 Corporate Exchange Drive, Columbus, OH 43231, USA

#48 of 98 hotels in Columbus

I thought the food was amazing

I did not like how crowded the pool and the place was from people visiting who was staying in the hotel I thought it was very rude they were more People visiting then there were staying at the hotel there , my kids and I couldn’t even enjoy the pool. Pretty sad when you can’t enjoy what you paid for visitors got to enjoy what they didn’t pay for

I thought the food was amazing

Won’t go back
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

Check in person was rude when I said I booked with booking.com and told me I could not get breakfast delivered to my room when that is one of the things I booked this hotel for. Also booked for outdoor pool which was ill maintained and surprisingly tiny for a large hotel

Nice room and food was good! Wait staff was outstanding.

Overall I have a great experience with the hotel service
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast and good location

I like everything except I have requested upper floors and the staff at night shift that when I check in she didn’t want to talk to me ever but I was ok to take what ever she give me and one thing I will like to inform that she changed my rates to what ever she wants but during our exit I have explain to and showed my booking information and able to make adjustment. Thank you for sending this information. Yohannes

My grandchildren loved the pool!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wish people realized how far a smile and cheerful attitude can take them in customer service. We were not greeted or welcomed, in fact the woman at the desk never even looked up and the man was waiting on someone. After he was finished I went up to him, he looked at me and said I will be right back. I never saw him again. Finally the woman looked and helped me.

The hotel is very nice, the rooms are clean and spacious. There was a big family reunion there when we were there and the hotel is perfect for something like that or a convention.

This place was just phenomenal!

None !!!

This place was just phenomenal!! From the check-in process to the managers reception. My fiancé and I when we booked this hotel had no idea what the manager reception entailed , but between 530-730pm the hotel offers FREE finger foods and FREE open bar and FREE non-alcoholic beverages for those two hours !! The hotel decor was phenomenal. Within a few hours of being there we decided to extend our stay an extra night. Overall very pleased !!!!

The room was very spacious.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were many girls softball teams staying at hotel. 2 rooms across from us were into a huge fight...screaming and yelling. I had to call the front desk. They did resolve the issue

The room was very spacious. Love the reception and free breakfast. Very friendly staff at the reception and breakfast.

Nice, but could pay more attention to detail.

They were very slow about cleaning up the floors and tables in the restaurant. Someone vomited on the floor it was there at least 10mins.

The food offered at the evening reception was good, and the rooms were spacious.

Great customer service
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room air conditioner was not cool which made the temperature a little uncomfortable.

Robert was very accommodating. I had a reservation at another hotel, but the customer service there and quality of hotel was not good. I cancelled and had to find a place asap. Robert went out of his way to help us and was able to let us check in early.

Second stay was secondary to first one

They could not get my rate accurate. I had to keep checking and talking to someone regarding the rate they were charging my card.

The cleaning staff in the dining area were very efficient.

Stay away on the weekend
    • King Suite - Accessible - Non-Smoking

On the weekend they get a lot of teams of kids that are not attended , it is like a circus , noise everywhere the pool looks like the jungle, drunk people, parents at the bar drunk .

The room, the design of the hotel, elevators

Never ever had any issues.

Called head to check in early. Said there would be no problem. Got there early a very rude women at check in does not know how to talk to people. I’ve worked in customer service for over 24 years and she was not very nice. I’d ratger not say her name. She told me to come back it was 230pm at that time. I asked if I could wait in the lobby and she made a face so I left. Came back at 345pm and she was no longer at the desk. Talked to a nice gentleman that said my room wasn’t ready. Finally got checked in around 445pm. I had a concert I was going to. And I would have liked to have not missed anything.

Food was great. Room was ok

The breakfast is always great
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our bathroom had not been cleaned. there was bloody tissues on the counter and no towels. The maid that came to "clean" left some towels and then put the lock across our door so instead of knocking the second time, walked right in and went straight into the bathroom, again without knocking.

The breakfast is always great

I will never return to the Embassy Suites

The staff was rude. Housekeeper walked in on us. A housekeeper almost ran over my foot with laundry cart. Omelette chef was disrespectful.

It looked nice. Can tell it's been remodeled.

The breakfast was amazing!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the wristband pool policy. It was hard to enjoy the pool because every 5 minuets the security person was hounding us about showing our wristband. My youngest was 2 and she didn’t like it being on her wrist and the security lady said she didn’t care she has to wear it. I didn’t like it at all!

The breakfast was amazing!

rude, waist of money and wound recommend this place to anyone of color with children with kids
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the staff was rude, the treated me and my family like we weren't paying guest. i felt like i was on the movie get out the security guard was watching my every move.

the service was terrible and they do not honor the booking made on your sight

Well it looks like I got charged for Saturday night even I...

Well it looks like I got charged for Saturday night even I gave a good explanation and did substitute Friday. This makes me not want to use booking.com again.

Its Was Great .
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The lady at the front desk she had short hair to her shoulders. She wasnt greeting Nobody, when I checked in only thing she told me was about the breakfast. She didnt tell me where the pool is Nothing. I had to wait til the next morning at breakfast I was talking to one of the stuff name Moe. He was amazing he told us about the free drinks from 5:30-7;30 etc.

The size of the room was perfect.

Fabulous!

Booths were hard to get out of when leaving !

We have been to Embassy Suites before this site was redesigned! Just great experience! Staff was very attentive couldn’t be better!

Awesome & Comfortable

The rooms are spacious! Our children had space to freely move around in the living area while we were able to enjoy the bedroom. The view inside is amazing. All floors are open to seeing everything all around you.

We had a wonderful stay!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The A/C within the main part of the hotel was set quite cold, when we arrived the weather was chilly and rainy outside and it felt cold in the hotel. However, our room was fine as we could set the thermostat.

The beds were very comfortable, and we loved having a separate bedroom and living space. Great options for breakfast. The only downside was that the omelette station was so popular that the line was very long!

Nice hotel, great size room but disappointed with the pool.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I booked the hotel because it had a pool inside and when we got there we were told that the pool wasn't open but we could use the outside pool. With my 3 small children that wasn't a possibility since it wasn't warm enough. I was very disappointed with that.

I expected better.

I didn't like that they didn't honor my booking. I was relocated to downtown (30 minutes away) for the first night. If it wasn't for the staff at the downtown Hilton it would of been a really bad experience.

I liked that the hotel is kid friendly. The happy hour and breakfast were nice too.

Overall stay was very good. We enjoyed the hotel's location, facilities and friendly staff.

Long response time from guest services when called. Bathroom toilet backed up and almost overflowing and we had to call again after no one responded within 20 minutes. Called for towels at pool. 30+ minutes before towels were brought up.

Beautiful property! Friendly staff! Great amenities!

The overall stay was very nice - pricey ( I understand it's vacation time ) but pricey
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator could've been colder, connecting to the wifi needs to be easier to connect to ( maybe written someplace for a person to follow directions to connect verses front desk trying to tell you ), there was a group of youngsters on the second floor lobby sleep with blankets all over the furniture which is an eye sore when you wake up for breakfast the lounging area should be clear from people sleeping all over the floor and furniture ( should be in their rooms ).

The lobby, managers reception was nice, the omelettes were very good, friendly staff, lounge areas, indoor pool with the waterfalls, bar area, music over the P. A., were all nice, and complying to the rules of no shoes in public is a great rule and staff standing by it was good to see.

Great property for families
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hours of breakfast ended at 9:30 which was early for our family. Especially on holiday weekend. Also the outdoor pool was closed which was disappointing.

Great selection of breakfast items. Friendly staff.

The best accommodation ever
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Other than how well maintained and beautiful inside and out, their wonderful breakfast buffet, drink and food specials offered every evening, the pool and suites! I wish I could name all of the wonderful people that made it a point to make everyone's stay the best! Which they surely did!

Fabulous service
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Service was excellent. The GM greeted us at a welcome reception in the evening and checked back with us at breakfast in the morning! Kids loved this hotel even though it looks and feels like an upscale business hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

We will definitely be back!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My daughter had a hard time getting her egg cooked the way she wanted it I don't think the lady could understand her very well.

I loved the room size everywhere else we checked we was going to have to get two rooms. Everything was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Best hotel stay

Where to begin... at check in Jessie was so very sweet and pleasant, check in was very quick. The room was amazing, a cozy seating area separate from the bed. The suite was on 8th floor so we got a great view out the window!! The bathroom was cozy and very modern elegant. When we returned from our go kart adventure Aaron Baker was so very kind and helpful. He helped us with where we could sit and eat in their reception area, and introduced us to Jason... what an impressive young man, dedicated to making sure we were taken care of, offered us suggestions for dinner and wow what a great choice. The pizza is like none other we have ever had, that crust was impressive and the flavors, goodness delicious!! Jason took the time to visit with us, even though it was clear he was busy and in demand. Room service was great the next evening, arrived sooner than they said. We will definitely stay again. One of THE nicest staff we have ever had, they made us feel valuable!! George Pappas (sp) has done a great job with his team (we even seen him working diligently to take care of the guests). We will be back for sure, what a wonderful experience!! Thank you Jason

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Today's best Hotel Experience, a great value for the price.

Honestly I can't think of a thing.....Just wish we could have stayed a bit longer.

We were weary from being on the road for several days. This the first longer trips we had made since my husband became disabled 8 years ago, before that time we loved to stay at Embassy Suites. Our stay was wonderful, comfortable, our every need was addressed! Customer service was a 10 plus! Lovely reception, dinner in the restaurant was delicious. Great experience great price point!

My kids enjoyed the pool
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The receptionist was horrible when i checked in and out. The people who cleaned the tables were very nice. They double charged and they charged the wrong card.

My kids enjoyed the pool

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Disappointed in Columbus
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Extremely disappointed that there is no longer a hut tub. My sister and I explicitly chose this hotel because of the hot tub and heated indoor pool. Stay here every year. The pool was unusable due to mulch over flowing into it and it wasn't heated. Probably won't stay there again.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Would stay here again!

Elevators! 3 out of 4 were actually working and they were slow. Check out was crazy due to everyone trying to use the elevators at the same time.

Very nice property. Clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good, especially the made to order omelets. A free shuttle bus was available to take you to the local shopping district (which was wonderful too!!).

I actually love everything.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I actually love everything....

Great place

Pool was over full had a oil slime on top of the water

Breakfast was great and happy hour even though I didn't drink. The snacks were nice

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Love the open Bar

Love the open Bar

Everything at the

Air conditioning in the common area where breakfast is served was too cold.

The bed was extremely comfortable!

Very nice. My only issue was the softball group and all the kids.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Second morning the coffee machine broke. Could have set up another coffee station.

Breakfast has a great selection of items. Everything was delicious.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

It was close to hospital
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Site lied there is no hot tub room smelled like cigarettes and the pool was very dirty and toilet paper in room

It was close to hospital

Bit of a distance from home, but well worth it

The shrimp tacos 😝

All I have to say is HEATED INDOOR/OUTDOOR POOL

Wonderful experience
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were problems with air conditioning

Great atmosphere and food

Awesome

NA

The ambiance and the location

Family staycation
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The dinner service was poor

The breakfast was wonderful!

Our family had a great stay this hotel will definitely exceed your expectations!

Everything was exceptional!

There were many school teams here at the time.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were many school teams here at the time. Made it impossible to use the pool. Kids were literally pushing us out of the way.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room service was creating a new menu so we had no menu in our room

The bed was comfortable and the room was really nice and very clean.

Great breakfast, nice room,
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not easy to find from road, acted like we were trying to sneak into pool.

Great breakfast, nice room,

A day at the zoo.

Kids ran around unsupervised. The elevators were extremely slow. The adult hours in the pool was not enforced.

Great breakfast

Terrible I'll never go back.

Staff was rude and racist

My stay was wonderful

The African Americans lady that brought us a extra blanket was very very unfriendly and rood had a terrible attitude

It was excellent

Clean and new

Nice

Everything was good

I enjoyed my stay

Complimentary breakfast and evening welcoming.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast and evening welcoming.

I would like to come back

The room was comfy

Very comfortable!
    • King Suite - Accessible - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable! Loved the cook to order breakfast!

Loved the cook to order breakfast.
    • King Suite - Accessible - Non-Smoking

Loved the cook to order breakfast. Staff was very helpful as well.

rl

rl

Excellence.

Courtesy of staff.

Excellent stay!!!*

No complaints

The stay was very comfortable and quiet.
    • Queen Suite Disability/Hearing Access with Roll-in Shower

The room was very clean, and the bed was firm.

Very nice hotel with excellent rooms and service.
    • King Suite - Accessible - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very clean and updated. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was awesome

Breakfast was awesome

There was confusion about the price they did not have the...
    • King Suite - Accessible - Non-Smoking

There was confusion about the price they did not have the information on the booking price and up the charge. A big disconnect.

Very good experience. Great value for sure
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed is not comfortable at all.

Good Service. Great breakfast and complimentary happy hour with snacks!!

The stay was exceptable but not exceptional.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed for renovations and beds were too firm. A bit noisy at night.

Great breakfast and very friendly and patient staff.

The indoor pool was closed but all in all fabulous

The indoor pool was closed but all in all fabulous

Excellent accommodations
    • King Suite - Accessible - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner did not work on the room for two nights

The staff was exceptionally receptive to our needs

Friendly staff would not go there again. Very old and run down.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No air conditioning, dirty old pool area, hot tub was filled in with cement, had to keep asking for towels.

Bedroom separate from living room.

Highly recommend
    • King Suite - Accessible - Non-Smoking

Everything was clean, breakfast was delicious the whole stay was great

Greeeeat place to stay.

Nothing to dislike.

Eggscellent free breakfast.

The property was very clean and family friendly

The property was very clean and family friendly

Fantastic Stay!

It was all great!

The breakfast was fantastic and the beds were very comfortable.

All good
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could keep kitchen open a little longer

All good