Reviews of Embassy Suites Crystal City - National Airport 4 stars

1300 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202, USA

#14 of 68 hotels in Arlington

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

I didn't like the fact that I was mislead on my room reservation.

I like the fact that the room was clean and spacious but it was a king room when I reserved a double room and there were none available to give me when I checked in. The staff said it wasn't their fault because I went thru a 3rd party (booking.com).

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds and Monument View

Happy hour is really crowded and the lines very long, too long to even bother with it, but I suppose expectable. Parking is steep at $37, but also probably standard for the area, proximity to dca and everything else. Weird there is no fan in the bathroom. Room decor is getting due for renewal, but it is more than serviceable. No other real glasses in the room except the two water glasses and the coffee cups are merely paper. I find that a bit below par, but not a big deal.

I like the comfy beds. The pillows are nice, not too soft and not overly stuffed. The bed covers and sheets are very clean and fresh. The breakfast is very good, albeit crowded. The omelette lady is a machine and does a great job with your custom order! The carpet seems clean which is a big point for me. The pool is small but the children enjoyed it. They even have a pool attendant. Decor in the public space is modern. Coffee is available and it is pretty good. I like the parking at the outside lot. There is covered parking as well.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Amazing breakfast. Most of the staff except for one little old lady who we ran into every morning during breakfast was rude for no apparent reason. It put everybody off quite frankly. However if we were to visit dc again we would chose this location again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only complaint that I have concerning this hotel was that the breakfast food could have been warmer. other than that the property and location was among the best, for me.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, they meet all of my requests and more. I would highly recommend this property to my friends. the location was very good. I plan to stay there again within the next two weeks.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Check-in and check-out were seamless. Breakfast was hassle-free, had a variety, and was delicious. Staff--from front desk to housekeeping--were friendly and accommodating.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The A/C in my room and another friend's of mine rooms were not up to par. They didn'y cool enough for us.

Everything was nice and clean and staff were very helpful

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The buffet was everything you could want, good varity. Entire staff was always attentive and courteous. The daily texts from Darien asking us if everything was OK was the ultimate show of detail.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds and Monument View

Standards were OK but not the value for the money. That was probably driven by the location. Breakfast was all days the same, no calories or allergy advice. Actually those with problems would need to eat somewhere else.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was not all the way clean. By the bed there was pretzels on the floor and the bed linens were not clean that go under the mattress. I think that should be changed. The restaurant was a little pricy, and one little older man was working by himself. There was a lot of people rolling in and it was just to much for one person.

The staff was friendly and helpful, they shuttled is to a near by restaurant so we didn’t have to walk so far.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was very uncomfortable room requested was for queen beds and they were very small of that was a queen did not see a parking fee on website

Staff was exceptional. Snack time was refreshing. Decor was beautiful

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

BATHROOMS!!! We had to turn on the cold water faucet in the sink to get hot water in the shower, which we were not aware until I was in the shower for no more than 3 minutes.i turned off the cold faucet, put hot faucet to the max and no change. My husband came in, tested the sink faucets one at a time, that's when I felt hot water once he turned the cold faucet. Also, the shower and the towel bar could use some more "tilex", the mold and mildew can disappear. We did speak to front desk, who was very friendly and apologetic, gave our bill to show credited $30 for parking. We informed her that it was unnecessary, we just wanted to inform them of the issues and she was not st fault. This is embassy suites, it should be higher standards than others!

Bed was excellent, comfortable and slept well. Enjoyed the breakfast, friendly staff, excellent chef in the omelette station. Most of the staff were wonderful.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had one issue, the hotel shuttle didn't come back to get us one night. After speaking with the front desk clerks, the issues was addressed and we didn't have any other issues after that.

Overall, the hotel was clean. The clerks were nice and professional. The guest in the hotel were friendly. The breakfast was plentiful with cook to order omelets. The room was nice and spacious. The front desk clerks messaged me via text asking about my stay on mulitiple days.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The front desk told me that I would not pay to park because I had handicap status. Sign the label for the car so the cart is not touched. You will not pay the $37.00 because of handicap status. I check out the charge it is on my bill. The manager said you have to pay for it. So there is no free parking for the handicap!!!!!. Not a good policy!

very clean

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My complaint is so negligible it almost isnt worth mentioning. My biggest issue was not having a power outlet on my side of the bed. I have a CPAP so it was a minor inconvenience.

Very clean, comfortable, ambience was good, breakfast was really good. Very nice value.

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds and Monument View

The room was dark and dingy and just felt dirty. I didn't see any evidence that it wasn't cleaned. It was more that the surfaces of the furniture felt sticky/dusty and the room itself was just old and dingy. For the money, I expected better.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was included and was great. There were tons of choices and the food all tasted great. The free happy hour was an added bonus!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was a delightful experience staying at the Embassy Suites Crystal City. Location was perfect. Easy access to airport and metro. Very safe and the staff were very friendly and helpful at every touch point. Airport shuttle was a bonus. Breakfast Buffet was amazing with such a variety of food options. The dining room staff work so hard to keep food hot and able supply of juices and coffee.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room and lobby were very warm. I had ac set at 56 and running constantly in order to be somewhat comfortable. That was a major issue for me. Also, it didn’t seem there were too many places to eat in that area that appeal to families.

Great location to metro line. Room was spacious and clean. It was nice to have a separate sleeping area and two tv’s since we traveled with our child. Didn’t get to use the pool as the hotel was very crowded with kids on spring break and rally

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Old cabinets and dirty sofa and drab draperies

The room was for someone with special needs. Room needs to be updated. Bathroom cabinets need to be replaced and sofa and carpets need cleaning. Dark and dank

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. Found items from previous guest. The cleaning ladies knocked and open the door with us in the process of getting dressed. Could not get service at the reception because hotel was full and only had one bartender and one waiter. No parking in the garage. Took is 20 minutes to find parking. Ask the front desk the said "what do you want me to do about it".

The breakfast

There were NO issues.

During my booking I requested the highest floor available. As I was checking in, gentleman at the desk informed me that the 8th floor was the highest. While he was checking me in, he received a message from housekeeping regarding available rooms and was able to give me a room on the 11th (top) floor. I loved everything about my room. The layout. I was able to open the windows a tad and enjoy the sounds. My first night was the best sleep that I had gotten in a very long time.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The first room that I was in the heat didn't work and I was inconvenience had to change to another room , The price for parking your own car in the garage overnight

Great breakfast clean rooms comfortable beds and a pool

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator from the parking gargage to the main hotel was down so it was quite a walk with very vague instructions on what path to the lobby.

The hotel was very comfortable overall

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wished it had been closer to the metro. However there was a free shuttle 2 times per hour.

Very comfortable, liked the complimentary happy hour and breakfast.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loud obnoxious room next-door, walls are not soundproof. Manager's reception does not take into account those of us that follow a strict low carb diet. Paid extra and couldn't use, breakfast was not convenient, so did not get to use that for which I paid either. Room service added $$to my already prepaid (or so I thought)meals.

The folks were awesome.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

no hot water and the heat was not working properly, blowing out cold air this stay was very disappointing on valentines day

i liked the location and the breakfast is always good

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival, I went to close my curtains and a large box with a battery fell from the ceiling. Not sure what it was, but surely things should be hung securely.

The bed was huge and felt like a dream to sleep in. I’d definitely come back for the beds.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

That we didn't know about the extra cost and had to pay more then what was confirm and locked the price changed

Everything about the suite was nice we loved it

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

The rooms themselves are a little dull and due for an update , parking is convenient but pricey. Especially for the condition of the actual room I would not be happy for an over $300 nightly rate. We paid under $200 for a double suite with pull out.

The location of crystal city is incredible. You are minutes from DC attractions , National airport and the metro. Monuments were visible from our window. Whole Foods is one block away. Evening reception and breakfast are wonderful amenities as well. Lobby and reception areas are newly remodeled.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a heavy odor of marijuana coming from one of the rooms on our floor. The parking garage was extremely narrow and difficult to maneuver around.

The layout of the suite was a nice size. The separate living room space was a plus. Dining area looked great.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room heater was not working properly we had to switch it off altogether. The beddings are not good enough you keep getting caught in between the sheets. The bed makes a lot of noises. The breakfast has only pork as protein no beef. We don’t eat pork.

The location.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms are a little outdated and the wifi connection could only be used by signing up to a Hilton membership.

Breakfast was fantastic and the room was very spacious and comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My one and only complaint would be the mattress was way too firm. It was like sleeoing on a brick. This would not keep me from staying here again though.

Loved the location. Very close to the Metro and had a shuttle to take you there too. Rooms were great sized and very clean and well kept. Staff was very polite and courteous. The breakfast was great too. Was hot and never in short supply. The hotel also offered a happy hour that was family friendly too. Which is great considering I was traveling with my two small children. Definitely would stay here again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking fees were a little steep--$32 per day to self-park. Our room had a climate control issue that we had to call about twice, but a temporary solution was found: a tower fan. In the end, they gave us a 50% discount off one night's fee for the inconvenience.

The bed was super comfy, the staff responsive, and breakfast quite tasty. The breakfast bar was the selling point--lots of options in addition to made-to-order omelettes. Quite a nice touch that hot beverages were available at anytime. The two-room suite was spacious with a terrific wet bar. The hotel is a two-minute walk to Whole Foods.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When calling for dine in room service, we were put on hold three times without anyone asking if we would hold and the wait was so long we ended up hanging up and trying to call back but it was getting late and we were too hungry so we ended up going out for breakfast. Wifi was not easily accessible. Parking rates are too expensive for hotel guests. There should be discounted pricing if staying at the hotel more than one night. Thank you

• Premium Suite with king bed

Construction going on. Black tarps on the windows. The hotel was not sold out and they could have moved us to a room with light.

New clean rooms. The staff.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

i was accused of being noisy and when I told the manager that called my room that I wasn't in my room he asked me was I sure and if anyone was in my room. I again told him no and he said ok but are you sure.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nice, spacious suites. Really appreciated the evening reception and the made to order omlettes for breakfast. The hotel was about 2 blocks from where I was working this week and there are many dining choices in the area. The shuttle service provided by the hotel was nice.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Counter and toilet height. Snacks offered at reception, I had reserved a king and did not get one, and the noise level from street cars kept us awake.

Parking

My partner and I enjoyed all aspects of the property, and the services rendered, along with the professional staffing. Also, my check was timely, and very friendly

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking and would have liked a couple of sweets servers during cocktail hour for the kids, some cookies or pudding or something...

Variety and quality of breakfast food, cocktail hour was fun. Staff was understanding about parking needs.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like. The stay was completely enjoyable.

Bed was excellent and the location great. It was quiet and the breakfast buffet and happy hour were of excellent value. We like to walk and there was another shopping area 40 minutes walking time with a movie theatre.

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

Hotel needs to be modernized and remodeled. Room was shabby. Carpet was lumpy and dirty. Furniture was old and weathered. TV didn't work. Lights/lamps flashed erratically. Manager's reception was a huge disappointment. Expected a lot more for the cost of the room.

Location was great

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The couch was very uncomfortable and the toilet made loud noise and took a long time to shut off one flushed.

The breakfast is always good. The evening social time food could've been better. We have been to other Embassy Suites where they served actual food not Chex mix.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking was $30+. Luckily, I found on-street parking for free but those spaces are limited.

The hotel staff was very friendly! That is a huge deal for me when I travel. Also, the breakfast and pool/spa area were awesome! Finally, the rooms were spacious and clean.

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

Mattress on the pull out couch was useless. Ended up using the cushions on the floor as a bed.

Staff was great. Really enjoyed the cocktail hour and the breakfast.

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

The rooms are dated. We had a handicap accessible room (not requested). The shower flooded the entire bathroom floor every time no matter what we tried. It was necessary to line the floor with towels to keep the water out of the hotel room. A nightmare overall.

The staff was super. Great people at every station and on every shift. The hotel shuttle to/from the airport and Pentagon City Metro stop is much appreciated. It runs on time as is dependable. The bar area has been updated. Very nice.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a bit of a scramble at the breakfast buffet.

The suit was spacious and comfortable. The location is quiet although advertised to be by the National Airport. The out of town location is entirely offset by the free and frequent shuttle service provided. Breakfast is included as are "happy hour" drinks and nibbles. Evening dining room service was excellent and the food of high standard.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was just ok. I expected more because it is supposed I got a great deal with more than 30% off...

The bed was OK, although the room was too dark, it needs more light

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dining room was crowded at breakfast because of large groups staying at the hotel.

Happy hour free drinks and snacks, shuttle service to and from the mall, close enough to the mall we walked back a couple of times.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The suite was spacious and accommodating for a family of 5. The offers they have during your stay are amazing . Happy hour and the snacks provided but the breakfast was amazing.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

the size of the pool was small, in addition to the close proximity of the pool to the Jacuzzi with kids splashing water from the pool. also, the temperature of the indoor pool was freezing.

the breakfast was great (especially the made to order omelets), in addition to free, unlimited drinks as a Hilton rewards member! also, the shuttle within 1 mile of the property was great and convenient!

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The hide-a-bed was a hide-a-bed...

This was a great place to stay with 12 middle school students and 4 teachers on a field trip to Washington DC. Breakfast and snacks were great, we had the pool to ourselves in the evening, there was plenty of room in the suites for a little separation from the kids. We had a wonderful stay.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast bar war excellent! The bed was super comfy! Our room was very comfortable and pleasant to return to after a long day of sightseeing. Was impressed by the warm welcome when we checked in by (Valerie) at the front desk.

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

There were not enough plugs to charge electronics, especially in the room. I was not able to charge my phone on the night stand. Also, the plugs found within the lamps on the desk didn't seem to work well.

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and very accommodating. The food at the restaurant was good and the prices were good, too. Overall, I was very happy with my stay and would most definitely stay at this location again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A great value for what we paid! 😄The evening appetizer reception was awesome! Yvonne at the front desk was awesome, she even sent texts to see how we were doing! The cleaning lady on our floor was very nice also, we were on the 4th floor. The bed and pillows were comfortable and it was very easy to get the temperature in our room just right.We will be back...booking.yea! 👏👏👏

• Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds and Monument View

Told staff of face smudges on window day one, on checkout day 4, smudges from prior guests still there. Coffee maker had grim on it, could not use it. Television picture quality poor, pixilated and not get entire picture all the time. Table in room I had to clean upon arrival due to stuff spilled on table from prior guests, glad I brought my own Clorox wipes. For being an Embassy Suites, I thought it would be cleaner.

Shuttle to trolley tour front of hotel, nice complimentary breakfast.

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

When I arrived staff (only one person) to help. I thought my room had 2 queen beds and he only had a king. Also I had to show my confirmation to get my price I was quoted he had a higher price. He had to call booking.com he wasn't very understanding. He didn't offer suggestions to make up for only one bed until I asked for a roll away (no charge). For such a large hotel you need to state that less than 20 of them have 2 beds.

It is always great to start your day out with a great breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Areas of improvement will be changing menu for breakfast. I have stayed for 14 nights. You can imagine getting almost same menu every morning was not very welcoming

The hotel location is fantastic, it is clean with amazing staff .

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The underground parking was tight and very limited. Also, there was a family reunion in the hotel which seemed to overwhelm the breakfast staff. The second morning breakfast was until 10:30 am but by 9:50 am the buffet was empty and very little was being replenished.

Overall, our stay was very nice. The rooms and the property were very clean and neat.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

our air conditioning wasn't working properly so that's why comfort was poor.

Breakfast was fantastic and staff was great. Yvonne was very helpful at the front desk.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

i booked a room for 5 people , but apparently it was against the rule to have 5 people in a room in Arlington. so only 4 guests were allowed, but we already paid more on booking.com because we thought we could stay 5 people. an extra bed cost $20, but we ended up booking another room and paid more. horrible experience

the free snacks in the afternoon and the breakfast in the morning

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like the extra $36 a night for parking at the hotel. Also, If your visiting DC staying here makes it difficult to get to the mall and stuff you'd like to see without dishing out another $20+ For parking. You'll need to take a cab or park in a garage because none of that is in walking distance.

Lots of space for my family in the room. Even had a view of the Washington monument from where I stayed. (Most rooms don't I was fortunate).

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Extremely small pool, spa and exercise rooms. Sofa in room very hard and uncomfortable. Bed....much too hard! Parking fees outrageous!!! Even street parking was outrageous!! No clear path to Metro use...definitely not convenient for that mode of transport.

Nice cocktail and chips. Woukd have been nice to have known this at time of booking as we arrived only 10 mins before they closed and staff just wanted to close ON TIME!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was a family reunion going on and it was extra crowded at the hotel. The hotel could also use a update it was very dark in the lobby and Atrium area.

The food was ok and the Mangers Happy Hour is always a plus, After a long day of travel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was limited to 23 people for 45 minutes.

Location, location, location. Close to Metro and pentagon city mall. Whole Foods store one block away. Easy to get to all the Washington DC points of interest.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Trying to park for checking in and unloading car. How is it possible ALL the surface parking was taken? Recommend setting aside a portion of the surface lot exclusively for guest use while checking in. Also, a "pick-up" point would be nice for guests being picked up by locals in cars. Drive was usually crowded & therefore dangerous for elderly & young children.

Great space for a family. Liked having lifeguard at pool.

Everything was fabulous!

This was our second stay at the hotel and we loved it. A little trouble with the A/C but the staff was quick to fix it! We will definitely be back!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pillows were too soft and parking was expensive

Friendly staff and they were very happy to assist where possible. The rooms are very large with comfortable beds. The location near the metro station and close to Pentagon City shopping mall and Whole Foods was excellent. Complimentary breakfast and afternoon drinks topped off the experience.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking very tight and could not find a space in the garage after coming in late from attending a concert. The hotel did accommodate me in a spot outside on the hotel grounds.

Food, Happy Hour, Breakfast and Size of the room

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was very rude and when you get to the counter the room is more money. Abs the staff at the counter just give off a bad vibe.

The hotel was very big

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The staff went above and beyond their jobs, every day. Our family will never stay anywhere else now when we return to D.C.!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

As a Residential Case Manager who works with chronically homeless individual with severe behavioral issues, I was taking this opportunity to relax and breathe. I arrived at the hotel at 2ish in the afternoon to verify if I could check-in since check-in time was at 3pm. The front desk attendant stated check-in was at 4pm, so I informed him I would come back and he stated it was fine to check-in as my room was ready. When he proceeded to charge my stay, the attendant stated my visa debit card was declined. Now I am wondering why as I budgeted my funds to the last dollar. When I check my bank account it reflected a drafted approved amount of $432 (should have been $314), I became very upset. The attendant stated hotel parking charge is $32/night, which I was not prepared for and declined the parking garage charge. I paid for parking on the street until free parking hour was available (Friday 6p until Mon 7a). I made sure that I found parking within close vicinity of the hotel. Luckily, I had $20 additional cash to purchase some food until the breakfast hour. I was left with only $30 from my budget funds and couldn't enjoy my trip as that was needed for gas for my car rental. During my check-out the same front desk attendant provided me with a final bill of $432; I informed him that I did not accept the garage parking. He removed the parking charges of $72 and provided me another final bill of $360. I saw that the charges were still incorrect and pulled the booking.com confirmed rate and informed front desk attendant to correct the bill to reflect the rate I was confirmed for of $314. The front desk attend reflected it as a room credit of $45 and stated that the confirmed booking.com discounted price did not show in their system. My total trip was a loss and my time needed to distress became stressful. On top of that, my boss called me on Friday evening informing that my resident passed away. I was greatly that I found events that offered free food, MERCY!!!

Breakfast was awesome, fresh omelet on request. The king-room was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

For the price, the room could have been better, there were 4 of us and not enough towels. We couldn't get the T.V. to work, had to call, I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone, finally after 6 tries, it was answered. We weren't told that parking was extra.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Basic room features didn't work well. Someone had left the heat on high, so it was 85 degrees inside when I got to the room. The air conditioning was insufficient to bring the temperature back down to a reasonable level. Also, the bathroom sink ran only hot water from both of the taps. I could only use a small amount of water before it became uncomfortably hot.

The location is good; airport shuttle is convenient.

• Double Suite - Hearing Accessible

Tv did not work well. The shower was not set for family we has to ask for a different room. The bathroom is out dated. Air condition did not ventilate properly difficult to control overall roo. Temperature.

Location to stores and the metro and restaurants. Staff were very accommodating and shuttle was always on time.