Reviews of Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North Outdoor World 3 stars

2401 Bass Pro Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051, USA

#15 of 17 hotels in Grapevine

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

1. I had book one room but booking.com put me for two. Then i had rewuest a early check in but could not get it because they were full. I had to pay the cacellation fee of the 2nd room that i did not book.

Everything was fine.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Requested 5 plus times, before our arrival, by both parties to be placed next to my bother and his kids or at least on the same floor and they could not get that right for some reason. Issues with housekeeping. Come to find out they only change the sheets and pillowcases every 3 nights of a persons stay, no biggie. . . unless when they make the bed they throw the pillows on the floor and then place them back on the bed as our housekeeper did. YUCK!! 1st day they left behind a dirty plate and did not empty the trash. 2nd day they did not clean our room until 4 pm only after I brought it to their attention that it had not been cleaned yet. After they did clean it and we returned there was a pillow left on the floor. 3rd night returned to the room with no sheet left for us to make up the hideaway bed and 2 dirty pillows on the bed.

Hotel was nice and breakfast was very good. Decent work out room but could have used more fans for the treadmills.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Five floors were out of ice or ice machime was broke. That was my limit in searching. Front desk phone wouldnt work from room. Had to dial outside line from cell to request towels twice. Was able to get ice from room service because I could dial from room phone.Last time I stayed the refrigerator didnt work and our food spoiled. So a little inconvenient but overall great place to stay!Made to order breakfast line was too long to wait.

Nice and roomy.

• Double Suite with Bath Tub - Accessible/ Non-Smoking

The common areas have been refurbished and look very upmarket. Our rooms were yet to be done, but I look forward to staying again next year and seeing the new room look.

Omelettes were fabulous. Good coffee Plenty of choices

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

I feel as if the rooms were really outdated. Smelled really stale and almost a musty smell. The lighting in the room was really low. With such a gorgeous lobby it didn’t make sense the rooms were so outdated. Especially for the price I paid for one night. Very disappointing.

I loved the lobby and breakfast buffet. My kids loved the water fountain and elevators!

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Mold under soap dish in bathroom. Sink backed up a couple times Pool and Pool room had a smell! Breakfast not 10.30 all the time? We were told wrong hrs at Ck in

Beds were amazing

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

When I checked out, before leaving the hotel I checked my account and instead of charging me $157.07 for my room for one night, they charged me $517.07. It was Spring Break weekend and I had to end our mini vacation early due to this mistake. It wasn't resolved until two days later, and my bank did more than the hotel did. If it wasn't for this, my stay was wonderful, the kids enjoyed the pool.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Beds were full size... not queen.. very outdated rooms.. vending and ice machines out on 10th floor. Upon check out was never even asked how was the stay.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Embassy Suites is our favorite chain of hotels, but Grapevine is our favorite location. The guys who do breakfast are the BEST!!! We try to come every year on our anniversary, June 11. This year will be 58 years. I sure hope we can make it again.

• Suite with Two Double Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The beds were a bit small for for a family room, and the furniture and carpet was a bit worn and outdated. However, it was all very clean!

The hotel was nice. Free Parking was convenient and close. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The room was very clean and well appointed.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The AC in our room didn’t work that great, it smelt of mildew and always felt humid. The couch was more comfortable than the bed. Also, the pool area had an abundance of dirty towels piled up with no fresh ones. When a staff member brought towels, they only brought about 6 which wasn’t near enough!

Every staff member was VERY friendly...always greeted my family and I with a smile!

• Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

No coffee pot in the room!!! They left the tea and coffee packets and didn't leave any way to make it. Very few channels on the TV. Paid Wi-Fi? Really?

Breakfast was good. Line was a little excessive and the set-up was not thought out well. Beds and pillows were amazing.

• Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

I didn't like how the front desk couldn't explain exactly how to connect to the enternet we should be able to connect automatically like other places but that was not the case here. The lady said just google it on your phone how dam rude. This was Friday Feb 9th @midnight and she needs better training too. Other than that everything else was great.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

room had some issues so we had to move to another room

breakfast was one of the best I have ever had. lobby was very open and clean at all times. overall features of the hotel were very good

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

One of our rooms was "premium" - at a premium price. It was supposed to have a trey of snacks and a special coffee machine. It had neither. Plus the furniture and carpet was worn and the lamps were less than bright. Manager did knock the price down when I asked about these things, but they should have been done right first.

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was very good.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room smelled of dog or cat urine. The complimentary breakfast needs to be reworked. Lines to long, not enough seating and tables being bussed for the amount of people staying at hotel. People not knowing where lines start. Just an unorganized mess. Great food offered, just not prepared for the crowds. Takes too long to try to eat, so you give up. Probably their plan.

Nice facilities and value and location.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The water in the shower never got hot. Nor did the sink. The thermostat never got the room warm enough. We were chilly the entire stay.

Price was fine. 2 part room and additional tv made it more comfortable. Also the fridge and microwave was convenient.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I get up very early and my husband likes to sleep in. I would have liked more coffee in the room.

Pretty much all around perfect. Great location, nice, comfy rom with everything we needed, excellent happy hour and breakfast. Our only issue, when we asked for more coffee for our room, we got one packet!

• Deluxe King Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Rooms looked tired, needs new furniture & carpet old & dingy, sofa bed was broken, the balcony was literally covered in bird poop, king bed dipped in the middle big time, there was zero, I mean zero hot water, it wasn't even Luke warm

Clean excellent location

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The food was not well prepared nor was it good. It also took a very long time to get our food and it was not busy at all.

Waitress was very nice and attentive, location was convenient.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room decor is dated and they smell kinda old & musty.

Beautifully remodeled/renovations on the main floor / lobby / dinning area, excellent breakfast, offered complimentary water at check-in & cocktails in the evenings.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room smelled terrible as soon as we walked in and was very outdated. Sprayed perfume everywhere and it got a little better until we used water in the room and then the entire room smelled of sewer. We tried to make the best of it and headed to the pool with our young daughter; it was freezing. Hot tub was drained with caution tape around it. Go to the front desk and they say the boiler is broken so pool will not heat. No signs posted, no notification upon check in, nothing. They said they had an agreement with a neighboring hotel to allow for use of their pool but we had enough and asked for a refund and found a different hotel. They were happy to give the refund and apologetic, but they really should disclose the entire hotel is not updated and the pool is broken!

The lobby was stunning, it had been newly renovated.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The bathrooms need a little updating, but overall a great stay

The breakfast was great, staff was nice, totally kid friendly, and the complementary social hour in the evenings were a bonus!!👍🏻

• Suite with Two Double Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

During my stay I request cooking pan for vegeterian and reception clerk told me he will notify his supervisor and next day pan was not available and ask again to talk to manager and he said we will buy one no problem but he did not.I left from hotel one day earlier. Honesty ,integrity importent ,They did not keep their promise.

Modern ,new buliding.Large room,

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

1. The rooms had a weird smell, I even asked for a different room which still had a weird smell. We also heard someone else commenting on the smell in their room too. So it wasn't just us. 2. The indoor pool was freezing and the hot tub was out of order, which was a bummer since that is what my kids were looking forward to doing. 3. Snack selection during happy hour wasn't very kid friendly.

Breakfast was good at least

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Desk staff was a little clueless about the business center computer abilities -- one could take a USB and one couldn't -- she couldn't explain and another hotel visitor helped me! the "free" margaritas were awful!

almost everything

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The Cable TV in my room was fuzzy did not have a clear picture on either TV. My aunt 's room had clear cable. Very clear picture. There was also missing tile in the bathroom. But other than that it was clean.

The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was excellent. The complementary drinks for happy hour was nice touch as well. The only complaint they needed more than one bartender. I loved the fact there was a sitting area separated from the sleeping area. And there are two TV's

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Frequent stays at this hotel in the past. Lobby has been redone in beautiful materials. Rooms could use some updating, however. Glaze was coming off tub, linens were not of very good quality (thin sheets with burn marks and small holes). The hot water for the shower was tepid at best. The wait in line for the breakfast bar in the morning around 8:30am would have taken at least 30 minutes just to reach the food. We waited until 9:15, and there was no line at all. Omelet bar continues to be a favorite. Great value for the price and close to DFW.

• Premium King Suite

Didn't like that our room hadn't been properly cleaned upon arrival, but management fixed that immediately and even discounted our room a bit for the inconvenience. We didn't ask for the discount, we all know these things can happen, but it was nice have someone acknowledge us in this way.

Really enjoyed the managers social and the breakfast buffet was wonderful. Best yet in our experience of other Embassy Suites! They even had their hotel shuttle take us to our next destination even though it was a different hotel. Class act!

• Suite with Two Double Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The old puke on my pillow when I was going to bed. Took forever to get on an elevator. Mold in the shower.

The breakfast and snack time. The balloon making in the seating area.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Small Blood stains on the comforter, light bulbs blown out, dirty bed skirt, dead batteries in the remote. The room decor was outdated.

The Breakfast bar was great.

• Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

My view from the bacony was of the top of the hotel lobby, and not enough seating for breakfast. TV lacking in channel selections. Housekeeping knocked even though selected no auto room service at check- in.

The property was accessible to many retail stores including Grapevine Mall. Large corner room!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The site is undergoing updating with some construction inconvenience. The elevators were very slow with that plus there were several big family reunions going on making it a very busy weekend. Everything was excellent but the crowds made it less than perfect.

• Deluxe King Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Poor attitude from the front desk staff and the room service staff! In my past stays at this hotel, throughout the years, we've experienced better. We couldn't use the balcony this time, because it was covered in dirt daubers nests, and greeted by about 4 of these dirt daubers, as if they have been there for a long time. The maids need to have these nests knocked down and sprayed before guests arrive, from maintenance, and not during the guest's stay. The renovations are still ongoing! The website for this specific hotel, states about the renovations, and will give you an "end date", but they keep moving the "end date" up, and it never really ends. Don't trust the end date yet. I am not too happy with the new color scheme they have chosen, to be honest, unless you are happy with depressing gray, and industrial tables and chairs. The cable tv in the rooms are out of date. They still have the old tv guide channel, which has retired and doesn't work. We stayed two nights. After about 24 hours the carpet had a stinky smell, and so did the sink from the kitchenette. The kitchenette stunk as if something had died in the walls. We were so grossed out, we checked out early, and will probably never come back.

From the excellent free breakfast buffet to room service, the food was delicious! The food is one of the reasons why we loved staying here once or twice a year. The bed we slept in did feel like a cloud, it was clean, and we slept very nicely. The two room suites keep the bedrooms nice and quiet, and keeps the atrium noises muted. We had a suite with the balcony. We loved how private the balconies are, at this hotel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The accommodations and service was great. The problem we had is the construction. we seem to be under the main construction and had to sleep days. The other problem was getting our room made. there was no do not disturb sign on the door and we didn't get the room made on day two and didn't get towels after several calls until about 11pm that night when I went to the front desk to get them. House keeping who didn't understand English only brought the big towels but we needed a full set. Parking was also an issue coming back late.

Room set up. Continental breakfast. Curb side water.

• Suite with Two Double Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

I DID NOT like the lack of communication regarding the availability of the hotel shuttles. I received different information from the front desk when I booked and something totally different once I arrived. I was initially told that the hotel shuttled to the Gaylord Convention Center, then I was told it did not shuttle to the convention center. I ended up having to speak to a manager about the situation because my colleagues and I had to uber a couple of times because the shuttle would drop us off at the convention center but would not pick us back up to take us back to the hotel. Very frustrating and inconvenient.

I enjoyed the breakfast! The omelet bar is wonderful. Good overall variety of breakfast options. I also enjoyed the complimentary happy hour with snacks. It was a nice treat after coming to the hotel from my conference. The hotel is very nice. Even with the current remodeling, it didn't feel like it was being remodeled. The room was nice and airy. Very clean and comfortable. I would like the pillows to be a little more comfortable but the beds were nice overall.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Ongoing construction was problematic. Lots of events scheduled made it like a madhouse. Climate control in rooms inadequate. Had to buy fans. Climate control even shut off at night completely

Nice complimentary happy hour. Good breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Currently under construction but they have done a good job keeping with what is expected from an Embassy under the construction.

We have stayed at the Embassy before. Rooms are large and comfortable. Love the sit in area in the room as well as the sit in and bedroom being seperate.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was very uncomfortable. Breakfast was warm/cool. Need more and faster toasters.

Room was clean. Free breakfast. Free drinks and snacks. Staff very courteous.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

tv reception sucked, minimal people at the desk to check in and out, and the lady didn't charge the correct card and I am getting charged 50 extra dollars for nothing (incidental fee) no incidents happened.

Bed was comfortable and the a/c worked good

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No internet, construction everywhere...... had to be shuttled across the street to sister company Hilton just to have computer access. Woke up the second morning by noise in hallway and found police very nicely arresting a woman. So it wasn't a pleasant stay at all.

The Location is excellent but my timing was bad...lol

The property was undergoing intense remodelling of which we were not informed when we booked. We had chosen this hotel because we had an international visitor and wanted them to experience the quality, atmosphere and uniqueness of the BassPro emabassy suites. The entire ground floor was torn up and there was plastic sheeting everywhere and the sound of tile jack hemmers, drills and saws going constantly. I would not have stayed here had I known!! The managers reception was pitiful to say the least!!!! ... Cheap nuts and corn chips and salsa.... nothing like it used to be!! There was 1 person managing the bar for the drinks so you had to wait in line for quite some time to get a drink, and he acted like there was somewhere else he wanted to be!. In the morning breakfast was better but still not what it should have been. The rooms smelled dank and musty ... wet carpet smell. I am very disappointed and I mentioned this to reception and they just blew me off.

Conveniently located to the airport

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The main reason we stay at Embassy is for the breakfast and happy hour. Due to the constriction it was limited and crowded. You need to post construction when you book otherwise we would have stayed elsewhere or would have expected a lower rate. It is too late when you check in. Will think twice at paying a premium to stay at a Embassy.

We normally like Embassy but this one was under construction.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Would've been nice to know the whole place was under construction. The hotel bathroom was on the complete opposite side of the restaurant and my dad has a hard time getting around. The staff was oddly rude.

Convenient to a function we went to

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was under renovation so the breakfast was not up to the usual standards, we had to carry it to our room due to limited seating and it was cold.

I like the friendly staff and the location is great. The size of the room is good, I like the two seperate spaces.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff members at registration desk were inattentive and i was ignored for over 15 minutes. Then when other male guests arrived behind me, they were helped immediately INSTEAD of me. I was still waiting! Other guests in line even spoke up to the"ladies"at the registration desk that they'd skipped me and how rude it was. I was not made aware of the construction taking place when reserving the room. I felt the facility was WELL past the need for an update. The carpet in my room was torn, the room was poorly lit, and the bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I had too take the pillows from the couch and put them under me on the bed.

Location in proximity to other venues.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

This was a surprise birthday get-away for my husband. To my dismay, I did not realize the hotel was in full remodel mess mode when I booked, & we could not even invite local friends over to visit in the lobby or bar. Our room was also dingy & dark, with old party crepe paper pinned to corners, broken wall of shower & rusty, corroded faucets, etc. If the main areas of the hotel were going to be a mess with the remodel, at least the room should've been pristine. The view was horrible as well. Very disappointed in this stay.

The breakfast was exceptional, the surroundings were not. The staff throughout were very friendly and professional. The location was fine. We have stayed with Embassy Suites in other locations and have had great experiences.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

There was construction going on. A real mess. Our view was a roof top. The window was cracked. The pool was very milky looking and had a smell.

We liked the location. We typically have good luck with this chain.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The lobby renovation was horrible!!!The pictures on the web is not what the hotel look like at this moment... The rooms are very out date with an mold smell in all of the rooms that I rented, the hot water was very limited.Took our children out to eat only to return to several groups of intoxicated people hanging out in the front door of the hotel whom didnt want to step aside so we could come in they prferred we walk around them...the hotel is very narrow on the inside which cause space to be limited coming in and out of the hotel there was a lot of bumping into each other.Walls were very thin you could hear the people next door full conversations..Instead of staying 3 nights we only stayed the first and found another Embassy hotel for the remainder of our stay in Dallas!!!

All of the front desk staff was amazing and very very helpful!!!they deserve 5 stars!!!for their arera of the hotel!!!!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The room airconditioner was not working well and the lobby and lounge area was under construction which was not mentioned on booking.com unless I missed it. They also did not have enough breakfast out to accommodate for the amount of people they had there.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only complaint is the construction going on at the hotel. It seemed as they were working 24/7. That is not even the complaint---It was between 9:30-10:00 pm, and my family was asleep and the fire alarm was going off for the longest due to the dust from the construction. At least we know that they work :)

2E loved the pool and hot tub. We also loved the comfortable beds.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

I didn't like that they were remodeling, and didn't inform me of it until I checked it. And room service charged me twice for one order. Was very upset about that

The breakfast was nice, the pool area was good, and the room was ok alose

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The hotel was understruction and was not told. Ask for extra extra soap.. towels etc only got 3 pillows. No attention to guest request on inital reservation.

The bed was not like a cloud but it was ok. Waiting for breakfast in line for fresh eggs waffle was long

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Double Suite with Bath Tub - Accessible/ Non-Smoking

That our room was not ready to check into until after 4 pm. We had to take our things with us to the event we were attending.

Hotel very nice. Staff very helpful . Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

There was no help with baggage, I had to ask for baggage cart . Staff at sports bar was not helpful and food was horrible

The facility was nice and clean. The beds were soft.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location is by DFW north access. Far from many other attractions of region. Easy access to Outdoor World. Great morning breakfast and happy hour treats. The suite was fine.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

The first room I was given smelled very musty from the second I entered it. It smelled like a damp basement. The staff was very obliging when I went down to request a new room but the second room I was given, on a completely different floor from the first was almost as bad as the first. I did not want to be a total pest to the front desk person so I put up with it for the duration of the weekend long conference I was there for. I would have chosen to stay in a different hotel if I had been there any longer than a weekend. I would not recomend this hotel to a friend or an aquaintence for that matter as it is not worth the what they charge. If they were to rip out the rugs (I assume thats what's holding the moisture) then I may change my mind. I ignored the bad reviews that I read about this hotel before staying here and I am dissapointed that I did.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The daily, hot breakfast was fantastic.The atria/lobby is a beautiful and relaxing place to have your morning coffee.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I requested a receipt for my expense account and the document totaled $0.00. This required that I had to do additional follow up upon my return home in order to recover my costs with work.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Corner King Suite

Our thermostat didn't seem to maintain the room Temperature. My spouse kept getting too warm.

The pillows were great and the room was spacious. Breakfast was awesome and the staff was more than friendly!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I have a Service dog at so nobody was there to help me it was a struggle with the entire thing I almost fail .It was an awful awful experience for a hotel that is supposed to have bell captain's. I would've never ever ever stayed there. You cannot do your own luggage with a service dog. It was awful

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double Suite with Bath Tub - Accessible/ Non-Smoking

I contacted the general manager's voicemail with a specific complaint (room was made up once in first four days of stay) and he/she did not make personal contact. LAZY response. Restaurant needs management, staff and training. Hotel's problems start at the very top. Corporate and investors should be concerned.

Décor of the hotel was well done.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room I booked not available upon arrival. Room I got wouldn't cool off. Toilet ran. Had to change rooms next day. Double beds were more like twins. Had to use pull out sofa bed and it was very uncomfortable. 2nd room smelled like cat pee. Rooms were clean but hotel overall was messy and trash cans were overflowing. Couldn't find remote for one of the tv's.

Breakfast is fantastic

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed not the best. Had a king bed, sheets did not fit the bed. Bed too low. Pillows better than average.

Cleanliness, staff very friendly, happy hour, breakfast, decor

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Front desk was poorly ran. Mostly young people that did not know how to answer any of our questions. Shuttle could not take us to local restaurant. Had to pay to leave vehicle in parking lot while on vacation. We have stayed at other Embassy Suites before and never had to pay to leave vehicle.

Love the location.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

I wish they offered an airline employee discount. WIFI speed was very slow

All of the staff are super nice, never had any problems. The first time I stayed there we received a free upgrade, the room was massive. I would refer to anyone.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Waiting an hour and a half for maintenance for a clogged toilet. The staff didn't tell maintenance to call us, so we didn't hear them at the door because we had children sleeping in the living area and our bedroom door was closed. Were told we would receive Honors points as an apology for out problem.

Friendly staff, very nice LARGE room, beautiful view inside and out.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Double Suite with Bath Tub - Accessible/ Non-Smoking

I hotel could use a little updating, the evening food/snacks could last a little bit longer.

Location was great, staff was friendly, good breakfast in morning.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast stop serving at 9! Still kinda early. The room smelled a little weird too

Atmosphere

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The rooms are outdated and sofa couch mattress is old and flat and uncomfortable

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was exceptionally well. No complaints at all

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No shuttle to the racetrack!

The breakfast bar was really nice. Very friendly! I’ll be back for sure.✌️❤️

Update the rooms

Rooms are showing their age

• Suite with Two Double Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Very clean staff was awesome and on top of everything

EVERYTHING!

EVERYTHING!

• Suite with Two Double Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing could have been better

I like the newly renovated decor. I liked that I could walk to bass pro shop