Reviews of Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW International Airport South 3 stars

4650 West Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062, USA

#32 of 72 hotels in Irving

5.7

The staff was so professional and extremely nice.

They hotel Is under construction so we had to walk across the street to use the other hotel pool. The construction is really noisy in the morning.

The staff was so professional and extremely nice. The rooms are spacious and nice.

Very disappointing!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Its nothing like the pictures. We were hoping for a relaxing night after a long drive. Swimming pool was in a building site under canvas. Going to the room in the only lift working was challenging and it felt like it was a prison.

Nothing like the pictures, very disappointing. Work is being done, which looks like it will be a while before its finished, so there is no pool or fountain in the middle, like the photos! Only one lift working. Staff ok. Beds comfortable

The location was great as we were needing to go to Drive...

Due to construction only one elevator was working on the side closest to check in. Our room was horrible. There was dirt in corners on the floor, the bathroom door was all warped and pulling up at the bottom and looked as if paint was just slapped on it to make it look updated. I have stayed at many Embassy Suites and this was by far the worst experience ever. The check in staff was rude. There was an error in my booking. When I checked in I was told it was corrected and the next day it still haven’t been fixed and I was going to be charged a higher rate. When I explained what took place the check in clerk began to argue and state that “our reservation people would never say that”. I have NEVER been treated so rudely. I asked to speak with a manger and she stated she was the manager. Even someone waiting in line jumped in to my defense. I am a manager for a large medical clinic and never would I allow my staff to treat a patient the way I was treated. I was over charged when purchasing items in the little snack area and when questioning it, they said they couldn’t verify if I had even purchased the items. Honestly I feel I deserve a free night from ANY Hilton but this one. I also want to verify I did get my points.

The location was great as we were needing to go to Drive Nation up the street for NIKE EYBL basketball

The dust that was floating in the air.

The dust that was floating in the air. Rooms need to be remodeled. The refrigerator and microwave need to be replaced. The price was too much with all of the renovations going on, I would like half if the price refunded to me.

Awful.

The room was dated and noticeably worn, we could hear the elevators pinging all night long, the bed was hard, the bathroom was extremely small and cramped, there were stains all over the couch, dirty curtains, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, when we left we had our receipt thrust in our face without as much as a thank you. The hotel is being renovated which wasn't explained to us when we booked, and it was inconvenient to stay at the hotel with that level of work going on.

Breakfast was a good selection of food and the coffee was great.

The walls were very thin and we were kept awake by the noise.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The walls were very thin and we were kept awake by the noise. I think that the hotel should have informed us that renovations were underway and the pool and workout facilities were closed.

Great stay

It was dated but they are working on it. The eggs at breakfast will slightly undercooked. X

The size of our room was very roomy. They staff were very helpful. Construction took away from the beauty.

$200 is too much for Construction
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was NOT told the main area was completely closed under construction! Chose to take grandchildren to Embassy "especially" to see the beauty from the upstairs view! I'd like a Discount offer to return please!

Room with divided skeep areas, cleanliness of rooms, great breakfast

Good location and friendly staff. I would not stay there until finished with construction.

The hotel was under construction. That would not have been a problem but the air conditioning was not working. We moved rooms and still had a miserable night due to the temperature in our room. I was too tired to move rooms again so my son and I just had to tough it out. I have always stayed at Embassy’s and this was very disappointing.

The staff was exceptional. Very friendly and professional.

Not worth the pro
    • Premium Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel is a bit dated and is currently under major re-consruction. Central courtyard lobby is all walled off does not look anything like the pictures right now. yoh have to walk around narrow pathways to get everywhere. Only half of the elevators are working took about 10 to 15 minutes to get on an elevator. The pool was cold so my son didn't want to swim much. I would call first to see when the constuction will be done otherwise I wouldn't stay here for the price your paying for an upscale hotel. Its wasted money stay somewhere else.

The breakfast was good staff were considerate

Breakfast was good.

Over capacity. Brought children to have a good time to swim couldn't even swim to many people. Construction going on only one elevator worked horrible!

Breakfast was good.

But overall I love to stay there just wish couple's can enjoy more of there stay without the kiddos

I didn't like the fact that every time I went, it was alot of kids there and we couldn't enjoy the swimming pool nor the Jacuzzi. Everytime I go I never get to enjoy that part of my stay.

I liked the free drinks for couple hrs and the free breakfast was excellent.and I love the room and size.

Extremely over-priced hotel, will not stay at an Embassy Suites again.
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was really tired. The sliding glass door to the decorative balcony did not close tightly, allowing noise and a breeze into the room. The hotel was under construction in the lobby. It was expensive; I thought I was booking a nice hotel room for ~ $300 per night but what I got was a complete rip-off in terms of value for money.

The staff was friendly and professional.

Great room, very friendly people, excellent breakfast.

Great room, very friendly people, excellent breakfast. We also liked the restaurant. A bit pricey but very tasty. Easy shuttle to/from the airport . Would definitely stay again.

The lobby is beautiful.

The inside of the room really needed updating. Curtains were stained by the sliding glass door at the bottom was really mildewed and the fridge was not that cold and it was on the highest setting. This is the 2nd Embassy Suites I have stayed in where the hot tub was not warm enough.

The lobby is beautiful. The breakfast is great! The bed was really comfortable.

Over all enjoyed my stay

Arriving at noon, went to the hotel asked if I left my number could they call me when a room became available. No call. Came back at 2:45 to check in, my room was not ready. Finally the lady call me to the counter with a room card. 3:01

The interior of the hotel was very nice, breakfast was good.

Awsome stay wonderful facility would love to say again.

Great stay excellent service wonderful facility. Would highly recommend to friends and family, and the breakfast was awesome nice and quiet very clean.

The breakfast was amazing.

The business center's computer system was not up to standard. One computer didn't work.

The breakfast was amazing. Loved the personal style omelet and the coffee was delicious. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable.

Refreshing, relaxing and peaceful.

That I couldn't stay longer.

Enjoyed everything from the entrance to the exit. Front desk were warm, welcoming, and attentive to my stay. Housekeeping was on top of things. Breakfast cooks and servers went above and beyond on food presentation and taste.

Great value stay for the money - Would stay there again!
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was a little troublesome in that it was next to a very busy Freeway system with tons of construction going on.

Great atmosphere in the hotel and staff was very professional and courteous. Free breakfast is Big Plus!!

I was very disappointed and would never stay there again.

We arrived back to the room late after a baseball game. There were small black hairs in the bed on the sheets as well as long curly black hairs. There were ants in the room. One large ant was crawling on the bed comforter and several on the curtains. The restroom was not cleaned very well there was a thick crust on the flusher handle and the shower was dirty. The paint was peeling and chipped in the restroom and the wall paper in the actual room was peeling off.

Disappointing.

Customer service was horrible. We checked in to find the toilet clogged. We called down that night and no one came up. The following morning we called and asked if it could please be fixed and that we would be going out shortly so they would have an extended period of time. We returned four hours later only to find the problem unresolved. It took a 3rd contact surrounding the issue and it being in person for someone to even come up and look at the situation. I expected more. I have been a loyal customer to Embasssy Suites and to this one in particular but may not be returning.

The breakfast was great

Sofa bed was comfortable

Front desk rep wasn't helpful 1st time, we accidentally mixed up rooms w/ friend and he wasn't going to correct it, instead was going to cancel my 2nd night stay on 1 room. Manager corrected rooms

Sofa bed was comfortable

Treated myself to a gettaway and wanted to relax in pool
    • Premium Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Sticky spots on carpet, air conditioner wasn't working properly, small bathroom, and pool was crowded with kids splashing.

The bed was very comfortable with the pillow top mattress. Loved the atmosphere, the restaurant food and service, the happy hour, and the breakfast.

Loved the breakfast, and the facility was beautiful inside

My room where the bed was, was warm. The air conditioner said 65, but you could never feel the air on that part of the suite.

Loved the breakfast, and the facility was beautiful inside

Cook to order breakfast every morning, complementary drinks...

NA

Cook to order breakfast every morning, complementary drinks and snacks every evening, Indoor pool with jacuzzi, and beautiful scenery inside the hotel

A little getaway

Rooms smelled like old water had to go buy some lysol. The toilet stopped working, and they had big water bugs! Hair was in my shower. I Told the front desk about the bugs at check out, but they just said sorry for that. Umm ok! Even showed them a picture of a dead one in my room beside the bed!

Rooms were a nice size, happy hour and the pool. Got the room at a discounted price.

Great hotel

The fire alarm went off but you couldn't hear it nor hear what they were saying

The breakfast was awesome. Rooms were clean and hot tub was perfect

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

excellent and very comfortable stay
    • Premium Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

cant think of anything, staff was the best from housekeeper Maria to desk clerk so friendly

the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in during all my traveling

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Six flags trip, May 26th - 29th, 2007
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like the fact that several older kids had a tendency to occupy the whole pool. They kept throwing a ball across the pool and in a such a rough way that others could get hurt, especially us and our 4 yr old granddaughter, as well as others!! Made it difficult for her to be able to swim, as well as well as others, and the pool is our granddaughter's favorite part of a hotel!! Maybe it would be a good idea for staff to make periodic checks on pool activity!!

I liked the staff, the room, the snacks that came with our room, the freshening of our room each day, delicious breakfast, room service hamburgers delicious!!!

Super friendly hotel.

The cleaning solution used in the room was too strong. No complimentary wifi.

Everyone there was extremely friendly and helpful. Your manager at breakfast was exceptional and everyone working had a big smile on their face.

Not worth the price a lot older then the pics show.

The room was dirty. Room service dirty trays left in the hallwaysame for hours. The toilet barley worked. The room with the pool floor was gross.

Made to order breakfast was delicious. The free drinks during happy hour were also great!!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Pleasant
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Really didn't like being judged someone was smoking in the building and the staff automatically just asumed it was me because I was a young black male with tattoos and gold teeth

Best breakfast ever and it was incredible

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

over priced for the $

wifi wasn't free, had to pay for it and then it still did not work. didn't get room cleaned, of coffee for the second day I was there. at 220.00 a night this should have been done

bed

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Nice room with terrible service

Resturant service was bad...rude bar tender and waitress (Rosa but was wearing a name tag that said Jennifer) was not nice and put a mandatory 20% on everyone's ticket. When asked about it she got her manager and he said thats the standard. How about putting a suggested gratuidy and letting the customer decide based on service. We stay here every yr with 10 plus people at about 450 cost per room. If you want us to return I suggest offering something for that crap service or we can find another location.

breakfast and happy hour!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Spacious room, but disapointing upkeep.

The furniture looked like it was from a flea market (miss-matched). Tub was stained, didn't look clean and the air vent was rusty. Hair in sink that was neither mine nor my husbands.

Beds were nice and the room space was very nice. Front desk helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

I'll probably always use Embassy Suites!

I was greeted by a very amicable manager that started a good conversation and was down to earth. Made me feel welcome as soon as I Walked in so I enjoyed his customer service skills. The room was amazing, clean and comfortable. No stench in the room, it was nice and fresh. Was an easy 15 mins from AT&T stadium so that was great! It's worth it. Not that pricey compared to other horrible hotels that charge the same amount and give you horrible service and ghetto rooms.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

A Wonderful Weekend Staycation Spot!!

We enjoyed it all! The staff was friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was welcoming!

I like the fact that besides the hotel being a beautiful venue with a very relaxing atmosphere, it's like a family playground! We liked having everything right there in one place! We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub with our son; The Manager's reception was great for my husband and me; and. the full breakfast buffet was wonderful! We also enjoyed the room service as well! Overall, it was a great experience and a great bargain for the money we spent. We had a complete and wonderful stay!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We were displeased with the front desk staff as we were told we could check in early but we waited for 3 hours and had to initiate the check in myself since no one came to get us. The other complaint was the cockroach running across the floor and when we brought it to the person in charge attention, he just kicked the insect aside, while explaining the reason was because you have the plants in there.

THE two room suite was extremely comfortable. We appreciated the shuttle service and the breakfast had variety to chose from.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Hit n' miss
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

1. Restaurant staff need more training, and rudely corrected my Australian pronunciation of 'tomato.' 2. No one answered room service phone. Went to the bar and he had to go find her as she was 'probably out the back.' She said she didn't hear the phone. Maybe that's because phone was 'out the front' ? 3. No emergency amenities available. (I'd left my iPhone charger at last stop) and front desk dismissive when I enquired. See attached photo of emergency supplies made available at my next stop hotel in San Fran.

Restaurant Manager Henry was fantastic. Sports bar staff also very good.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

We loved the space in the room.
    • Premium Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom could stand an update. Everything else was great but the bathroom made me feel like I was in a cabin in the woods.

We loved the space in the room. The free breakfast was excellent.

Staff friendly, comfortable bed, room big

Room temp hot, dirty dishes at breakfast, construction, dirty carpets

Staff friendly, comfortable bed, room big

Great breakfast

The atrium was closed for renovations and nothing was disclosed on booking or the hotels website

Great breakfast

Bed was comfortable

Under construction/atrium not available

Bed was comfortable

Room was very comfortable.

Pool was closed

Room was very comfortable.

Food was good and room was good
    • Premium Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No clue they were doing renovations and the pool was closed.

Food was good and room was good

It was ok.

The fact that there was construction going on and the staff failed to mention that when I booked my stay.

All was well

• Premium Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Microwave didn’t work or ice machine and pool was closed

Awful!

CONSTRUCTION!! The place was awful!

Disappointed- Not at all what you would expect for an Embassy Suite.

construction, rude manager, no heater in pool and over 20 kids in hot-tub at once

Great Breakfast

Worst embassy suites I’ve ever stayed at!
    • Premium Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Was not clean. Very outdated.

It was excellent
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing. The happy hour was wonderful too.

Very unhappy

Remodeling the hotel, they should have closed down because of all the noise from 9 until 5:00 p.m.

Topshelf

Topshelf

awesome

dessert

Costly for a poor hotel

Decor was 1990’s the light switches always give it away then the carpet

My stay were awesome, highly recommended.

Stains

I like the open bar, kids friendly, staff, I really enjoyed the breakfast.

It was nice and comfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking Shower

Rooms seem to be dated a little

The bed felt like a dream, and their food was amazing. Kids loved the pool and jacuzzi

Vacationing in Dallas

Clean facility. Helpfulness of the staff.

Nice hotel

Scrambled eggs runny, wallpaper in bathroom cheap.Had a/c flood bathtoom.

It was a wonderful stay like always.

Great!!!

Breakfast was great

Breakfast was great Beds greats Hotel was very nice

Great place for Florida vs Michigan game

Workout room is outdated and small

Breakfast was super

Location, breakfast, beautiful hotel.

The tub was chipped and peeling. Needs repair.

Location, breakfast, beautiful hotel.

Short and sweet. will be back

Breakfast was excellent.

My weekend
    • King Room - Smoking

Long lines for breakfast lol

It was in a good location

So so stay.

Uncomfortable and dated bathrooms in the suites.

Good location. Friendly staff and nice breakfast.

Were the croissants extra flakey? The bed extra comfy?...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

What could have been better? height

Were the croissants extra flakey? The bed extra comfy? comfort

Very small bathroom.

Very small bathroom.

Spent way too much for one night for poor parking, broken elevators and lack of parking. Not happy.

Food service preety good. They didn't have certain foods and champagne and the killer was not being

Room had dirty vent water stains on lamp and back side parking had no lights. Real dangerous

Breakfast and service was good

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great place stay, comfy and affordable.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking Shower

The pool was to crowded

Pull out bed eas comfy and breakfast was great

Awesome hotel

The elevator was broken so we had to wait a while to get to our room

I loved the breakfast and the clean rooms.