Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Troy Auburn Hills 3 stars

#6 of 12 hotels in Troy

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Disappointed
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The paint was peeling off the ceiling of the bathroom. We had dinner at ur restaurant and ordered fish tacos, Did not enjoy them they had no taste and very dry.

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Staff was great and breakfast was nice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub were closed. That was the only reason I booked there. I was terrible to go check in and see that. It ruined my whole stay.

Staff was great and breakfast was nice.

The reception and made to order breakfast was nice.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom inside of my room smelled like cigarette smoke. I was told that since I used Booking.com there was nothing that the hotel could do to compensate my family for smelling smoke on our stay.

The reception and made to order breakfast was nice.

There evening reception was very nice.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A/C was out, they did comp us the night, but still very miserable. I was there for 2 nights and our room was not cleaned, we were not given fresh towels, etc.

There evening reception was very nice.

The male supervisor at front desk was disrespectful.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The male supervisor at front desk was disrespectful. Madevme pay for my room in full before checking in once realizing I wAs Canadian would not go get the manager told me she was busy in the pool. He also barged in and wouldn’t let the pleasant young lady that was serving us continue her job with us. Was very loud and arrogant

But other than my neighbor, my stay was nice
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The people in the next room kept run in and out of there room constantly. I guess the family had two room side by side. As they were going back and forth to both room the adult and kids did used their room key. Because they didn't allow the door to close because it was block by there top lock. So as they were leaving the room the door would close and bounce loudly echo too my room. Thru the course of the night making it hard for my mother and I to stay asleep.

The staff was great from front desk to restaurant.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The ceiling was falling down in our room and by the elevators. The area by the elevators looked like it could hurt someone below if the entire chuck of hanging drywall fell on someone. Some of the prices of our ceiling fell on the carpet. The cleaning crew missed most of it as it was shoved behind the curtain after cleaning.

The staff was great from front desk to restaurant. The restaurant area is very nicely appointed.

A quick stay. Got in late the previous night, quick check in and we were in our room asleep.

I have no comment here.

The staff person making the omelets at breakfast was outstanding. His cooking was excellent and we especially liked his attitude and demeanor. Made breakfast very enjoyable.

You were out of ink and the clerk offered to let me print...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was very loud, really noisy. Kids running around late at night. Loud conversations by my door. This is kind of making me not wanting to return. I was consecrating.

You were out of ink and the clerk offered to let me print from her computer. I am a Pastor.

Barely ok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The tv didn't work couldn't fix it. Kids running around the balcony be loud. If u check in at 7 pm u have a half hour to in pack and get down to your. Complementary drinks was to late by 5 min no drink. Seemed old and dirty.

Bed was nice

Breakfast choice very poor, mainly between scrambled eggs...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast choice very poor, mainly between scrambled eggs and cereal. Fruits not tasty, no vegetables. Windows can not be opened, no fresh air inside room

This is a great hotel to stay at for business in Sterling heights
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

My room had water damage to the ceiling

I like the dumbbells and weight rack in the fitness center. Good for strength training. Breakfast is always wonderful. Coffee was very good. The staff at the hotel is outstanding. Everyone does their job exceptionally well and they were extremely helpful and pleasant. The food at the bar was very good.

Besides what i stated above my stay was comfy.
    • Non-Smoking Executive Double Suite

What i didn't like was that the pool wasn't clean this time and that we have to have tickets for breakfast.... Oh and maybe need to switch out the evening snacks a bit it's always the same. Not everyone likes humus.😭😷😖 try a cream cheese dip with the pita chips 😊💁

It's always peaceful when my family and i come here.. There's never a hassle or someone complaining i love u guy's...

Good clean place to stay I will tell my friends
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was wonderful from the time we walked in to the guess that's too we got to our room the bar tenders and wages everything was good

Yes the bed was like Cloud sauce room clean everything was nice

It was so “coldly and loudly” disappointing!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was old,cold and uncomfortable. The pool area was freezing and the windows were iced over. The seating area, bar area and floor area were very cold. No area to sit and read that was closed off from the lobby. The store wasn’t manned or priced. No candy or drink machines anywhere on the floors. It was way to loud. The rooms overhead were so noisy all nights. It was too cold to even have dinner in the restaurant. Are they going to remodel or tear down this place? Very unhappy with this hotel and my loss of time there!

The breakfast was very nice. The omlet gentleman was so good and very friendly. Room service was good but the silverware,napkins and glasses were missing.

Wanted a quiet evening but it was New Year's Eve. Wrong night for quiet. Overall good stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I locked myself out the room at 4am. Went to the desk and no one could be found. I had to wait 20 plus minutes before a clerk appeared. I was super annoyed.

Breakfast was very good.

The room is confortable and the hotel is in a good location.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed to be cleaned during all the time that we stayed in the hotel and the kids were very frustated.

The room is confortable and the hotel is in a good location.

Staff was friendly and helpful
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Needs updated. Went to breakfast buffet and it all needed replenished so we left! The hotel was loaded with hockey teams and I guess they had a tough time keeping up.

Staff was friendly and helpful

You should be informed of a team of children are staying at your hotel before you register.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was there from Kentucky. I was there to attend my mother's funeral. I stayed 8 days. 3 of those 8 nights there was a hockey team of children ( and their entire families ) running through the hallways, throwing fruit down the aisles, screaming, banging doors. It was HORRIBLE. Parents were up drinking in the mail lobby until 4am. It was undescribeable

Staff

Overpaid for an average hotel, we expected better quality
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel had many cosmetic defects, there was a gaping hole in the ceiling, a musty smell throughout the hotel, the rooms carpet was dirty. They allowed highschool kids in the jacuzzi during adult hour. The jacuzzi was outdated

The bartender was great

Very disappointing.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and the pool and hot tub area were always very dirty and old looking. The hot tub itself had dirt in the bubbles and around the rim. The pool area floor had water and hair all over. The rooms are outdated. The TV was glitching; couldn't watch movies or TV. There were trays and cups from Room Service left outside of the room doors for longer than 24hours.

The food at the restaurant and for breakfast was really good though! That was the only thing I was satisfied with at that hotel.

It was my moms bday weekend and she enjoyed the stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Well the first room we entered had splatters in the bathroom ceiling with looked like mole and the sink bar area had thick splashes of something thick on the walls. The furniture is dated.

I love the size of the rooms. They're very spacious because you have a suite included for a great price point. The managers reception is always a plus. The breakfast has a wide selection. No one is left out. The staff was great. Especially the bartender.

Easy, fast and quick check in and check out.
    • Premium King Suite

We got to the Buffett around 10 am and it was kind of messy and empty. I know it ended at 10:30, however I thought it would have been stocked more. The parking lot as well needs work. Tons of holes and dangerous if you're not watching your step.

Easy, fast and quick check in and check out.

Thomas was amazing upon check in. He was so helpful and friendly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Could have used more towels at the pool.

I loved the breakfast and the reception get together. The pool and hot tub were very clean, as was the room. I was impressed and will definitely be returning. The best value for the money! Awesome facility and staff. Best place to stay hands-down!

Poor quality
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Poor room service, dirty countertops, lousy bed pillows, the pillows were worn out with no support at all. The Furnitute in the lounge were so worn out and dirty that you have to take a shower after sitting on the side or lounge chairs.

I did enjoy my stay here otherwise. I kept thinking of another hotel that offered more amenities.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the Jacuzzi didn't have enough jet power for comfort. Also I would have liked some evening complimentary food for my stay.

I liked your food from the restaurant and the bed pillows were very comfortable.

5 star hotel at a 1 star price. Excellent stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

If I had to choose one thing to dislike about the entire stay it would be how soft the bed was. Some people like real soft others like more firm. These beds were soft.

Staff was above any other hotel. They were very fast and very friendly. Pool was amazing. Breakfast was top of the line. Overall was a 5 star experience for a 1 star price. I would recommend this stay for anyone and everyone.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

would not stay there again.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

lighting in room was terrible, no hooks on bathroom doors, no towel bars, small closet, only one bedside table, lining on bottom of sofa was torn and looked like road kill on floor, smelled as though someone had smoked in room, only one reg coffee packet, room showed wear and tear.

staff was very gracious . room was very quiet!

The ceiling had a hole in it - needed patching
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The ceiling had a hole in it - needed patching We had a third person in the room who used the couch hide a bed - old sheets were left on it, there was cereal under the couch. When we called front desk for clean sheets, they were very accommodating, brought them right up. Only 1 elevator was running, slow going with all those floors

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

MUST STAY
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

There were never any towels in the pool area..BUT when we called they were brought right away.

I enjoyed my whole stay!!! From the moment that I walked in the door!! The double bed room that I wanted was not longer avalible so I was upgraded to 2 king size rooms and they were ajointed!!! The happy hour was AMAZING!!! The breakfast...OMGOODNESS!!!! BOMB!! I LOVED MY STAY!!! Cant wait to come again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

After my stay I was charged more than $70.00 more than the price I was quoted. That makes me angry.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was pretty full and there was only 1 cook at the omelet station. It took a long time to get our breakfast.

The rooms were comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Never book with booking.com!!

Booking.com overbooked my room. I didn't have power or heat on a very cold night, and I had to go home, light a candle and pray I made it though below freezing temperatures even though I made my reservation 8 hours before I tried to check in.

John the person at the registration desk was amazing! He really made a horrible night, feel not so horrible. (He was very nice and handsome too)

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

I love this place.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our fridge never got cold and the pillows were not firm enough.

Everything was good for the most part. Because we stay here all the time you could tell that they are under new management. The changes are a great asset. They were already great but they are better now.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Not like the pictures
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room and pool area were old and dirty. Didn't want to touch anything in the hotel room and felt like I had to shower and wash everything that I had travelled with when I got home.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

A very pleasant stay at Embassy Suites in Troy
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a few more healthy options for breakfast.

The location was very central for our needs. The sleeping quarters were comfortable and QUIET. We particularly appreciated the separate living room.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The room was large and divided up into a bedroom and living...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

More local knowledge by the staff, although they were okay, but not strong.

The room was large and divided up into a bedroom and living room and the breakfast was spectacular.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

We will see you again for sure . Great place to stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Happy hour should be a bit longer . And hot tub was not working very well

Beds were very comfy. Staff was very pleasant when asked questions! Very clean!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Loud noisy hockey teams with inattentive staff to a single...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loud noisy hockey teams with inattentive staff to a single traveler like myself. Even after repeated attempts to have hockey team guests keep from running and yelling throughout the hotel, nothing changed. I was threatened by guests and disregarded by staff. After final knocking on my room door by hockey team guests, I threatened to call the police. Finally, the staff responded. The only reason this rating is a 5 is due to location and cleanliness. This would be the last place I would choose to stay in this location in the future. Sleeping in my car, in a parking lot, would provide more comfort and security.

Free breakfast and happy hour
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It’s dated. The toilet did not work properly. Exhaust fans needed for bathrooms.

Free breakfast and happy hour

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Dirty room. Will not come back.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was filthy. Super dusty like it hadn’t been cleaned in months.

Ok...one more neighbor noisy till 430 a.m.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Check in staff not friendly, could not locate cart for my huge amount of belongings. Made 6 trips up elevator .

Everything was good

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Room, happy hour, overall the accommodations were excellent.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room, happy hour, overall the accommodations were excellent.

It was a nice getaways for my daughter and l.

Needed major remodeling

Friendliness, clean room

Bed was roomy and comfy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dishes had a spot or two of food..

Bed was roomy and comfy..

I lost my electric shaver in the room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I lost my electric shaver in the room. Yesterday I used it. I asked Front desk to follow this ,

Excellent place to be

Hospitality

Very spacious, clean and all basic facilities available.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very spacious, clean and all basic facilities available. Good choice of breakfast.

Nice stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It appeared crowded due to a large family reunion

Comfortable bed and pillow

Great stay at the embassy hotel
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking lot gets filled quickly

The staff was excellent . the comfort of the room was amazing. The space in the room was very nice to have

I will return

It was guite

The couches in my room were sticky/dirty.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The couches in my room were sticky/dirty.

Overall good except HOUSE KEEPING

HOUSE KEEPING.

Everything but HOUSE KEEPING.

Breakfast was awesome

Breakfast was awesome

Great place for our little staycation. Love the adult only pool hours.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was great except he pillows.

Wonderful wonderful wonderful!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn’t have a dislike this time.

Everything was great as usual.

That was my first time but not my last😂

That the kids was in the pool after10:00

The bed was so soft And the breakfast was great

The property was clean and inviting.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The property was clean and inviting. We always enjoy our stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel.

the breakfast buffet was excellent

the breakfast buffet was excellent

Always love staying here.

N/a

Breakfast is always great. The man working the omelette station is awesome.

Very good breakfast and large rooms
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms might need to be refreshed or renovated

Very good breakfast and large rooms

Breakfast was cold, potatoes eggs sausage, but had the chef...
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was cold, potatoes eggs sausage, but had the chef make our eggs instead

ok

ok

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Broken furniture and light fixtures, smell of mold, extremely noisy

Very relaxing.

Front desk

Very relaxing. Room service was great. Had a issue with front desk but everything was handled and the room was great.

In my previous stay the breakfast was better more items...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

In my previous stay the breakfast was better more items offered

It was nice but paid extra for a pool I wasn't allowed use.

Being able to swim with my thirteen year old after 10 pm

I loved the clean two room suites.

Not a big deal but maybe a better menu.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not a big deal but maybe a better menu.

OK, but the price was wrong. It was $288 more than you quoted me. What can you do about this?
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They charged me $288 more than you said was the price I will be billed. They said that is how much you charged them.

OUR FAVORITE PLACE!!!

Loved it!

Very Good. Always stay at Hilton Properties
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

too noisy in the building. Soccer Tournament in the area so kids running around making noise early in the morning.

Best value for the amenities.

Great Breakfast
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room was not ready at 5:30pm when we arrived...staff didn't seem overly concerned

Great Breakfast

I enjoyed everything it was good I had a Very Good Time.

Nothing everything was Great

Quick and painless
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was hoping for a more romantic bar area. Too bright. Couldn't relax in the space.

Rosetta! She was awesome.

Great experience

All good.

Well managed and run. Food is excellent. Location perfect.