Reviews of Embassy Suites Dulles Airport 3 stars

13341 Woodland Park Drive, Herndon, VA 20171, USA

#3 of 20 hotels in Herndon

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The service from start to finish was superb.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The service from start to finish was superb. My room was large, comfy and spotless. I had a stay over due to a delayed flight. I had almost everything in my suitcase which was en route to Boston, not with me 🙄hardly any money on my person,!etc oh my what an embarrassing moment . Ymair( front desk)Sharon,(Front desk)Gabby(shuttle driver), all made my stay wonderful, making me feel special and I was grateful. It was a tough trip I had just come back from Arizona where my sister is severely sick, I travel to and from Boston. So I was emotionally exhausted. This team at Embassy Suites treated me wonderfully and I will stay there going forward. Plus I’m up and coming scarf designer soon to be in some of the biggest retail stores in spring 2019 and I will remember this experience when I was starting out.... Thank you to the staff, the Hotel Manager and the hotel brand. I hope this location received the acknowledgment they deserve.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Great Attention to Detail Hotel....
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not a deal breaker....But, the lighting in the rooms could have been a bit more brighter. Lighting was low when it came to applying your makeup and dressing. The bathroom had great lighting for that, but we were a party of four women, which made it a little difficult to dress and be ready. But other than that. Everything was just terrific.

We loved everything about Embassy Suites. The breakfast selections were great. You could choose the buffet style breakfast or have fresh cooked omelets with a big variety of choices to add. They also had great selections on other breakfast choices from fresh fruits, yogurt, oatmeal, toppings for waffles, etc. I actually felt like we were eating out for breakfast. (Unlike some other hotels, where there's no staff in sight asking you if you're okay or if you need anything. With them, you're only left with dry cereals, bagels, coffee and juice). The staff at Embassy Suites are very attentive and they were always on point, even coming to your table to take your empty plates away and bringing you what you asked for. You never had to discard anything yourself. We actually looked forward to getting up early and going downstairs for breakfast, because with Embassy Suites, we had great food and great service to look forward to that morning. They also offer FREE "Happy Hour"....The infamous Complimentary Evening Reception with free drinks and snacks, from 5:30-7:30. They are just excellent!!!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

There was a mix up with our pick-up from the airport so we...
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a mix up with our pick-up from the airport so we had to wait for over an hour late at night with two children under the age of 3. When we arrived at the hotel the staff was already sure we were at the wrong hotel (based on what I don't know) and then couldn't find our booking (even though we had it confirmed with an email and another employee had already confirmed the reservation over phone an hour earlier). They finally found it (after we called bookings.com) but the overall experience was a lack of willingness to figure this out with us. Or maybe we were just tired. Or both.

Will stay here again!
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was rather dark. Low lighting particularly in bathroom. Also very low water pressure in bathroom sink, and the faucets were loose. However, was still a very nice room.

Very clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Long Flight with Family
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

After a long flight, I had a very quiet and comfortable sleeping.... bed was very comfy...My kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The lobby has a unique design. For sure this hotel will be on my list........

We will definitely stay here again!
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was beautiful and well kept. The staff was amazing. The fitness equipment was more than I expect at a hotel and I was very impressed. There are swans in the lobby- “George and Martha” and the children loved them. We loved the evening reception with snacks and drinks and the breakfast in the morning was delicious!

Nice hotel.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were surprised to find out that there were no ice machines.

The made to order breakfast was very good. The hotel was very nice and the swans story was so sweet.

I liked the complimentary happy hour and the made to order...
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms were not ready when we arrived around 4:30pm, had to wait about a half hour. Also felt kind of bad for the swans with that small area to swim in and no place to get away from people looking st them.

I liked the complimentary happy hour and the made to order breakfast omelettes.

I have always loved this hotel and recommended it to others but quite disappointed.
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Unfortunately our room was very dirty .. mostly not vacuumed for a while ... the bathroom was not clean etc.

Nice spacious room an end unit. Staff was very friendly etc.

Pretty good except for happy hour experience.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The complementary happy hour was disappointing. Bartender was above and beyond strict about the one drink pp- my husband was standing in line so I could stand on other side of bar to watch the Caps playoffs when it was his turn he ordered us each 1 drink and she said I needed to come the 10 feet to order (even though she could see me) and when I did accused me of cutting in line- everyone behind us was confused by the accusation as my husband was ordering and I only came up because she wouldn’t give him 2 drinks!

Clean room and friendly reception staff.

Confused
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Iam very disappointed today when I booked my reservation I gave my debit card just to hold only once we got there my fiance gave them his card for incidentals and for payment of the room because I didn't have money on my debit card we were told that would be fine and they told us his card # would be the one used fast forward to today I find out my account was over drafted for the room amount and my bank penalized me also for $30 iam beyond pissed off about this mess up to my account the hotel said it was booking.com who took the money iam so disappointed because we made sure to ask questions to make sure this didn't happen to me.

It was a nice set up, nice room

BREAKFAST FOID QUALITY WAS TERRIBLE.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite  - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

BREAKFAST FOID QUALITY WAS TERRIBLE. WE ORDERED DINNER (ROOM SERVICE).SERVED IN PLASTIC CONTAINERS WITH PLASTIC FORKS & KNIVES.FOOD WUALITY WAS OF THE LOWEST LEVEL WE HAVE EVER HAD. VERY DISAPPOINTING. PRICE WAS CERTAINLY NOT ADEQUATE TO THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD NOR THE SERVICE.

Overall, everything about the hotel.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite  - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that fact that booking.com did not communicate my reservation information to the hotel so when I arrived (with confirmation from booking.com) I had no reservation in hotels system. I then had to call booking and was put on hold for a while until anyone actually picked up. This whole ordeal to about an hour.

Overall, everything about the hotel.

Nice. Would definitely stay there again
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed with the breakfast staff. They weren't friendly at all and when asked questions they were borderline rude. It wasn't a busy time, so their attitudes didn't seem to come from the stress of the breakfast rush.. the breakfast food itself was nice but the cook to order guy was rude and seemed "bothered" with people ordering. The ladies putting out the buffet foods barely spoke when I asked where to find syrup. The other staff throughout our stay were really friendly, it just seemed to be the staff they had for breakfast.

The desk people were very nice, the room was clean and quiet. Excellent room and hotel for the price. The hotel is near shopping and eating which was good too. We didn't get to use the pool but it looked nice as well. The breakfast hours were long so we slept in and still had time to eat! The swans in the lobby were a nice touch. The bed was comfy and the 2 room suites were awesome.

everything was great in the hotel.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was pleased with the hotel but not booking. com. I complained to the front desk because I specifically paid for a 2 bed room and only got one bed. he said if have to contact booking. com because you all sent then a one king bed room. I asked for 2 bed and paid extra for it. very disappointed

everything was great in the hotel. very happy with the hotel

Pool was great.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite  - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was terribly run. Not enough anything. Plates, silverwave, food etc. We had ultimately go out for breakfast when we planned to have a complete breakfast when choosing this property over others.

Pool was great. Swans in the lobby were a hit with the kids. Location was great.

Extremely pleased with my stay.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Outstanding stay with teens. Complimentary welcome reception and breakfast most appreciated. Hotel staff was exceptional, especially Moe at the front desk. He is a very accommodating and helpful man.

Comfortable set-up with a separate room and 2 television...
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Windows at the front takes a little bit of the feeling of privacy although I understand it's because of the 2 area set-up so this may be a reason. Noise from outside is easily heard inside the living area of the suite.

Comfortable set-up with a separate room and 2 television sets for families. Beverage corner with sink and microwave is great. Breakfast at the restaurant was super. It was my first time to book with Embassy Suites anywhere and now I'm looking at booking with this hotel if it's available on my next trip with the family. Staff are also friendly and helpful.

It was a wonderful experience. Home away from Home!
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only complaint that I had was that the pillows were too soft. It was like sleeping without pillows. Need firmer pillows. That's it! No other complaint. Hotel was on point! Would stay there again.

I thought that the Continental Breakfast was wonderful. Made me feel like I was on one of the Islands! The swans were an addition to the already wonderful lobby. The pool and hot tub was very nice. Happy Hour was something I wasn't expecting, very nice! I loved the whole experience.

LOVE EMBASSY SUITES, BUT ISSUES WITH HERNDON EMBASSY SUITES
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

1. NO EXHAUST FANS IN ROOM RESTROOMS 2. CARPET UGLY AND IN POOR CONDITION 3. OLD FIXTURES/ROOM REFRIGERATORS 4. FRONT DESK STAFF "NO KNOWLEDGE" OF OUR RESERVATION/PYMT WITH BOOKING.COM AND CALLED US ON PHONE DURING OUR SIGHTSEEING DAY, LOCKED OUR ROOMS BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE THIS INFO. NON-ACCEPTABLE & INCONVENIENT

LIFEGUARD AT POOL

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Excellent Stay
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maid service was a little sub-par. The room was clean and the beds made, but the second day we had no towels at all, and the third we were short one set. Both times a call to the front desk remedied the issue.

Good location. Good food. Good price.

CLEAN, BEAUTIFUL HOTEL THAT GIVES SO MUCH MORE FOR THE MONEY!!
    • Two-Room Premium Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing!!

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Dulles Airport 3 times now and I have had a fantastic visit every time. We stay here when we plan to go into DC or Virginia to see the tourist sites. It's about a 30 minute drive into DC but COMPLETELY worth the trip back and forth. The cost is less then half of the cost of a hotel in DC and you get SO MUCH more for your money. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the FREE happy hour every night and cook to order breakfast in the morning. Our kids love swimming in the pool and visiting the swans in the lobby! The rooms are always clean and I love having the separate living room area with a second TV: this definitely helps with adult and child TV viewing issues.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

good bfast selection--nice room
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

disappointed I could not use the pool in the morning--opened at 3 PM--most motels open pool/hot tub between 7 & 9 AM.

good bfast selection--nice room

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Best stay experience
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The indoor hot tub was out of service. The price is higher for my budget, but I returned when we had to add an additional unexpected night stay, since the plusses out weighted the price.

The rooms and surroundings are very clean. I enjoyed having a suite while traveling with a teenager, bring able to have 2 televisions with a door dividing the bedroom and the living room area. Love the atmosphere. They have an indoor pool and a decent size gym. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. The complimentary happy hour and breakfast is a plus. You can order an omelette made to order, along with French toast and other items. I love the Embassy Suites, but this one is exceptional with 2 swans in their indoor water that's well maintained. A+

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Room I was sent to had a maintenance man in it.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room I was sent to had a maintenance man in it. Reassigned room. Stood at "bar" for 10 minutes before someone showed up to take order. Room hot - temp control bad. Bed was not comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Very enjoyable
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

We all enjoyed watching the swans in the lobby and the kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Convenient location.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Convenient location. Great happy hour. Great breakfast.

The bed was extremely comfortable.
    • Two-Room Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was extremely comfortable. Friendly staff and excellent breakfast.

Close to the airport, airport shuttle
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The property is a little dated

Close to the airport, airport shuttle

I really enjoyed it
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

scramble eggs were cold on the tray

Ready, on time, many choices

Everything was on point.

Everything was excellent.

Everything was on point.

No ice machines in the floor.
    • Two-Room Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

No ice machines in the floor...

The bed was extremely comfortable.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was extremely comfortable. The evening happy hour and complimentary breakfast was a nice touch.

It was wonderful
    • One-Bedroom King Suite  - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing. Very clean.

Excellent!
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

All are great and Keep it up!

charged USD 4.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

charged USD 4.00 for a 3 minute local call. Crazy.

The swans

The swans

Good breakfast and facilities !
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast and facilities !

The swans.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

There is another Embassy Suites Dulles - same name so double check the address for your GPS system.

The swans. The omlet bar.

It was very nice!
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Need more variety of drinks/ snacks for managers reception

The friendly staff, cleanliness of the hotel and room.

Nice hotel near Dulles airport

wonderful breakfast, comfortable beds

That I got put in a handicap room.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite  - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

That I got put in a handicap room.

excellent hotel, great value.

nothing bad to say

excellent hotel, great value. beds were comfy staff friendly,

Swimming pool too cold (83 F)
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Swimming pool too cold (83 F)

Good weekend
    • One-Bedroom King Suite  - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Need turkey or beef offered at breakfast for the non pork eaters

Happy hour

A beautiful memory
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

My leavings to this place 🤓

I liked every thing in this hotel

Want to go back
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was excellent, food was great, beautiful place/quiet

Excellent for transit to airport
    • One-Bedroom King Suite  - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Excellent room services, good staff

i love the hotel every body is really nice

i love the hotel every body is really nice

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Excellent place

NA

Excellent place

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Lovely rooms, spacious and comfortable.
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lovely rooms, spacious and comfortable. Good room service, loved the free shuttle service and the swans in the courtyard were beautiful!!!

Embassy Suites
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not enough staff in dining room for breakfast

The room was very spacious

Cleanliness

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Big comfy rooms

Big comfy rooms

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Best sleep after a transatlantic flight.

The swans in the lobby.

The bed was the best I've slept on in a while.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

A top-notch Embassy Suites hotel!
    • Two-Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

I cannot think of even one thing!

The breakfast was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Awesome
    • Two Room Suite with King Bed - Smoking

Everything was great

I loved the complimentary happy hour and breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Good helpful reception.

Booked hotel as pre flight hotel stop over the night before our return flight after a road trip around USA because it had a pool. Turns out you can't use it until after 3pm.

Good helpful reception. Really helped out by extending checkout to ensure we were not killing too much time at airport . The complimentary snacks and chocolates were a nice bonus. Also the manager free drinks reception was a nice touch

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

I loved the beds they were awesome the hot water the room...

The only thing I didn't like was the drainage in the tube and it was all pork products it had no turkey products..

I loved the beds they were awesome the hot water the room was great

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Everything except for beds in the suite were excellent.

By the time we arrived, the hotel had no king sized bedroom suite's available. Got put in a suite with two double beds.

Everything except for beds in the suite were excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

The driver who picked us up was very helpful.

The room was NOT a 2 bedroom as the description stated. The front desk told us we would be able to snag something for breakfast before the 7 AM shuttle, but it did not open even by 7 when it was supposed to.

The driver who picked us up was very helpful. The room was clean

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

Close enough to Washington Dulles Airport with frequent...

Open atrium design so noise from atrium is amplified. Breakfast only starts at 7 am.

Close enough to Washington Dulles Airport with frequent shuttle bus. Friendly staff. Complimentary daily happy hour and superb breakfast choices. Shops and restaurants and eateries just 5 minutes walk away.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

Requested a non-smoking room and got a room that smelled...

Requested a non-smoking room and got a room that smelled strongly of stale smoke. Requested a new room, which also smelled strongly of stale smoke. Closet door did not shut all the wa.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Manager's reception and breakfast as good as ever

Manager's reception and breakfast as good as ever

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Everything was perfect for us.

Nothing that we can think of.

Everything was perfect for us.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

The staff were very good and the hotel very clean, the...

The staff were very good and the hotel very clean, the breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

The rooms and the breakfast were awesome.

Everything was perfect.

The rooms and the breakfast were awesome.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Needs to be remodeled.

Needs updating

Needs to be remodeled.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

My second stay at this hotel and I'll certainly stay...

My second stay at this hotel and I'll certainly stay there agaib

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

amazing staff--very friendly and great attention to detail

room was a little too cold and one towel didn't seem completely clean

amazing staff--very friendly and great attention to detail

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The rooms were very nice.

The rooms were very nice. Beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2015

King size bed

King size bed Excellent breakfast with special order chefs Close to Dulles airport

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Nice room, pool, and breakfast.

Accidentally given wrong room key to someone else's room. but quickly fixed the problem.

Nice room, pool, and breakfast. Loved the swans.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

Awesome breakfast, helpful courteous staff, and nice room

Awesome breakfast, helpful courteous staff, and nice room

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Embassy Suites Dulles Airport traveller photo gallery