Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton El Paso 3 stars

6100 Gateway East, El Paso, TX 79905, USA

#13 of 64 hotels in El Paso

Bed was comfy, staff(desk staff) was nice.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Dirty floors, no extra toilet paper and the telephones did not work. We asked someone to come vacuum and they were obviously annoyed with our request.

Bed was comfy, staff(desk staff) was nice.

I would stay again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The room needed more lights. But other than that everything was good.

The breakfast was good. I enjoyed the open bar. There was this one young gentleman that worked there was very pleasant every time we ran into him and spoke with him. He was employee of the month.

Over all it was a very comfortable and great customer service experiance!!!

scum in shower stall.

Location near I-10, customer service, wide open guest area. absolutely kid friendly, computer and printing provided area, but BEST of all the complimentary evening snack and free breakfast buffet!!!!!!! Thank you El Paso, TX Embassy !!!!

The pool was open until midnight
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The carpet in our room was coming apart, I stepped on the edge where it met the tile n the tack step that holds it down poked me. Also the hotel was under some construction which wasn't a noise issue, just a bit of an inconvenience

The pool was open until midnight

Not the experience I expected
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

They did not have quarters for the washer and dryers. I had to go to the business next door to get quarters.

The breakfast was great the beds were comfy the pool needed regular cleaning big clumps of hair swimming in the pool.

no good
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I had to take a cold shower two days in a row....When I left room to be cleaned the housekeeper did the bare minimum replaced towels and made the bed (my 8 year old tends a bed better), didn't clean up didn't event throw trash out.. Yet, was quick to take the tip I left. I checked out at 11am. When I was boarding my flight ( I used my Id) I took my seat I thought to get my keys ready so when we land they would be handy and that is when it dawned on me that I left my car keys and my passport in the safe. I immediately called the hotel. The Supervisor on duty Jessica, could care less about a matter that was very important to me. They would not bother the guest because it was past 9pm (it was 9:07pm). So they said they would leave a message with housekeeping to call me when they got in and thats the best they could do. I called at 8am, next manager front desk manager even ruder and he could care less as well. He transferred my call and I got a voicemail. I called back said come on I've waited all night, can you walk over to personal so I don't keep getting voicemail, he refused!!! Said thats not how they do things. Again could careless, he even yelled at me and I told him to lower his voice and that I could not believe this is the way they treated their customers and I said I was going to rate this horrific service and he said go ahead so that is why I'm letting all future guest know. I called the hilton guest service 800 number within 15 minutes someone was in the room and retrieved my stuff...Now how difficult was that!

Free breakfast and from cocktail hour

our stay was very Good. thanks.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

we were stuck in the international border crossing and call the hotel to let them know We were running late. the lady who answer the Call had me call Booking costumer service to change the name of the reservation because or else. it was a very acward moment. the lady from booking was a fantastic help and from then, everything went well. I did't particularly enjoyed the lack of simpathy in the stressful moment but booking fixed it Just perfectly.

the bed and pillows are great. breakfast is very good as Well as the happy hour.

Any one of the situations above would have been easily overlooked, but altogether it paints a very n
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

1. We reserved a room with two full beds and my husband reminded them at checkin. When we got to the room, it was a king only. I called down to the front desk and the manager on duty said they were very full but he would check. I offered to stay in the room and have my grandson sleep on the couch if they would bring up bedding for him. I was told that they didn’t have it available and housekeeping was gone. He did find a room on the 7th floor however and we took it. 2. When we got to the 7th floor, there were dirty dishes and laundry outside several rooms. 3. When Housekeeping came the next day, they did not refresh the coffee products in the room (only one cup left) nor did they change the towels hanging in the back of the door for fresh ones. 4. That evening we went to the desk to verify that they serve dinner and were told they do in the lobby area. It took awhile but I was able to track down a server who told us that we could not order any of the specialty items on the menu since they had a temp cooking and he was no familiar with the menu. We had to ask her to wipe down our table and after about 15 minutes a young man came and wiped it down and 10 minutes later took our order. We waited over an hour and finally received chicken strips and fries for my grandson, which were served at room temperature. About 30 minutes later, we received our French dip. The beef was so over-cooked that it was crispy and there was no Au Jus sauce. When we asked for it we were told that the cook didn’t know how to make it. He explained that they were full, had a ‘new’ cook and were shortstaffed. We respectfully declined our plates and paid for our grandson’s. At all times, we were patient and flexible and expressed sympathy for the pressure the staff was under. There were numerous customers expressing frustration amongst themselves but they were polite as well. 5. The next day when we checked out, I asked the manager to be sure we were not charged for our meals.

The beds were comfortable and overworked housekeeping staff were pleasant. They did not get to our room until after 6:00 pm.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Bathroom was way too small and no privacy for the other people staying in the living room. They had to enter the bedroom to use the bathroom and vanity. Bathroom should have dual access ( 2 doors )

Staff was very nice and helpful. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I also liked the happy hour was 2 hours instead of just 1.

6.0
    DONT STAY ON A WEEKEND IF YOU LIKE TO SLEEP
    • King Suite - Disability Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

I stayed two nights. The first night was great. The second night we got ZERO sleep. I even called to complain, the front desk host told me, "well, you are the only one complaining." THERE WAS A HUGE PARTY! My son could not fall asleep until 2am, and he is 6! I am 2 months pregnant, and had a long drive the next day. The This trip was his birthday weekend. I wish they would have told me when I checked in there was a huge party on Saturday night, I would have gone elsewhere. So I basically paid $250 to not sleep Saturday night. I even complained at the front desk at check out. It seemed no one cared.

The bed was so soft and comfortable, it felt like heaven.

Good Stay Overall
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Mediocre evening meals. They served salad one night. Just salad. While the morning breakfast was adequate, but fatiguing - the layout somehow causes chaos at the stations (one coffee point, for instance) - we didn't even bother with the after 5 stuff since far better food choices were nearby, and, as I described, accessible.

If you like IHOP and tacos, then this is an ideal spot. Because it is sandwiched (pun lightly intended) between two restaurants - and sitting below the freeway, with a mall on the north side - you get an impression that you are in the center of a busy hub of food and shopping.

Not a good value for the dollar I spent, room was pretty small, it wasn't as advertised.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Jacuzzi was out of service, that's the reason we got the hotel, so we could relax, cold water in the pool.

Nothing really, it was loud, not really much of a place to relax.

Would definetly stay again, nice hotel with great staff on hand.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The rooms I feel are a bit outdated but I just like the modern look

Chef on hand as part of the complimentary breakfast to cook you your eggs as you wish, I did not ask if other breakfast were available but the breakfast bar was stocked well and the coffee was great.

Well with the price.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Someone was banging on a drum or something above us that was loud. Our room carpets were very filthy. They were stained all over and black to were u could see all the stains. They really need to be clean. I was dissapointed to have a room where the carpets were very dirty. Our room smelled musky and it seemed stuffy not sure if the air was working appropriately. That was the only thing.

The staff had great customer service skills. The food was delicious. The response time to issue were addressed immediately. Beds were very comfy.

overall a good stay
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed was just not that comfortable, we reserved the two queen bed room and ended up in a two double bed room. Since it was just for two nights and we didn't get in until 1AM we didn't ask to be moved but after waking up the second morning I really wish we would have. Two grown adults in a double not very comfortable. Bathroom fan sounded like an airplane taking off, not sure if that is done on purpose or not.

Staff was friendly every interaction, room was very clean.

I have stayed here before always a great experience.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I have stayed here before always a great experience. This time are toilet was clogged and the air conditioner was not working it was super hot in our room😣

I loved the temperature of the swimming pool and the...
    • King Suite Hearing Accessible Non-Smoking

There was some uncooked chicken in the pasta salad.

I loved the temperature of the swimming pool and the bartender made a great rum punch for me at Happy Hour.

the breakfast was amazing.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The water temperature in the shower was not constant. One minute it would be perfect the next blazzing hot.

the breakfast was amazing. one of the best omlets i have had in a long time. Room was wonderful and spacious.

Had an Amazing stay!
    • King Suite - Disability Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

I especially liked the huge open area with lots of chairs, benches and tables. Friendly staff. Great hot breakfast and the night snack was amazing.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Breakfast was excellent, pool was perfect temperature, two...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Never had towels in pool area. Had to go request towels everytime we went swimming. One of the times they didn't have any available. We had to wait a while for them to finish getting them washed.

Breakfast was excellent, pool was perfect temperature, two televisions and free drinks.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Just so pleased!!!! Won't stay at any other hotel unless I can't find an Embassy!!!

Loved,loved,loved it!!!!

The bed was wonderful, very comfortable!!!! Clean room!!! Just great!!!! The breakfast was hot, delicious and very tasty!!! The cooks went out of their way to make sure we got everything we asked for!!!! Their menudo was delicious!!! Very, very pleased!!!! Thanks!!! Will stay at Embassy Suites any time I travel!!!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Pleasant
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

There wasn't anything we disliked about our stay at the Embassy.

The view of the Mountains and City Lights from our room were beatiful.And complementary drinks and breakfast were a BIG plus.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

I liked the open area with lots of tables and chairs and...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Breakfast was good. But the dishes and cutlery were not clean, food pieces dryed on on cutlery is not safe.

I liked the open area with lots of tables and chairs and sofas, perfect for a group and family reunions.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Do Not Stay Here!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

On check in all smiles and welcome. 1. Staff drinking with guest at Happy Hour 2. Phone out had to call front desk on cell phone. 3. Took forever to answer over whelmed and way understaff. 4. No phone service from ATT also means no cable channels. 4. Called for engineer got bellboy who did not speak English so could not convey the problem so he could not fix it. 5. Did bring two remote controls so we had 4 that did not work for the two TV's 6. Roomed smelled as did the hotel at large. 7. Dirt clearly visible everywhere. 8. Breakfast one cook had to go complain to manger about, no pancakes, no fruit, no sausage, bacon; for a company that built its brand on the all you can eat breakfast. I was the worst ever. I found the manger eating a plate missing nothing in his office while his guest watched in disbelief the offerings. 9. Took 10 minutes to draw hot water to the room to bath , would of called a engineer but been there done that already. 10. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at ever. It should not be called a Hilton propriety and should not claim to be something they are not Embassy Suites

On check in all smiles and welcome. 1. The housekeeping staff was amazing and the rooms were perfect as to clean but was offset by the old carpet smell.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Embassy at El Paso is great!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The maid reminded me as I was walking out my door @ 11:01, that check out time was at 11:00. I told her that I was already vacating the room

It was Newley remodeled and very nice.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

New look, same high quality
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The facility shares a parking lot with IHOP, so finding a spot is challenging.

The staff was outstanding. The breakfast was awesome. The beds are super-comfy and the pillows are perfect. Free drinks, though we only had time for one.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The breakfast was amazing and the happy hour with snacks...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The pillow and blanket smelt bad that came with the pullout sofa bed. The sofa bed was also uncomfortable, a topper would've made it a little better.

The breakfast was amazing and the happy hour with snacks made it even more worth it. If you're going for sun city music festival it's extremely close to the venue.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Average not sure if its worth the extra $$
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room smelled musty and like smoke. We were transferred to another room, but it smelled musty as well. The AC didn't work and so I had to have maintenance come and check it out. Still, it wasn't as cold as I would have liked it. I payed more for the stay here because of the breakfast and free 'happy hour' but the happy hour drinks were average. Low cost liquor and minimum brand beer. The breakfast, even though it was made to order omelettes, was not very flavorful. The coffee was good, the sausage excellent. The work out room only had 1 machine that was working! It was not at all what I was expecting from a Hilton!

The hotel is centrally located. Staff was very responsive. The lay out is very appealing and the feel is quite nice.

Very comfortable stay . Staff was great. And the location was very convenient .
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I thought the bathroom was too tiny for my family .

Breakfasting was delicious . Swimming pool was fun for my kids

Expensive

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The toilet won't flush, had to open up and pull chain. Than my hand was black

Love this place specially that our pet is always welcomed...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Nothing bad to say everything was perfect .

Love this place specially that our pet is always welcomed just loved it!

Clean, quiet, comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Clean, quiet, comfortable. I felt safe,as well.

spacious room
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Apart from the omelette station, breakfast was a bit ordinary

spacious room

We had a great stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I hadn’t been there in years and I really liked the new look.

What can I say my Family loved everything about it.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

What can I say my Family loved everything about it. Definitely will be back.

Awesome pool experience
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The food choice for social hour was not kid friendly

The pool was awesome the rooms were comfortable

Very clean and well maintained
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The pillows were very flat. The bedding and other things were great though.

Very clean and well maintained

Hotel is awesome

Hotel is awesome

Very comfortable beds
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Every staff member we talked to had an attitude

Very comfortable beds

Loved it

Fluffy eggs comfortable beds

Complimentary breakfast, drinks, and indoor pool.
    • King Suite - Disability Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

Prices for snacks a bit pricey

Complimentary breakfast, drinks, and indoor pool.

never again in El Paseo. the embassy in Albuquerque is very good.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Breakfast staff was very rude. Very stingy portions.

Beds were comfortable

Bed was comfy.

Food wasn’t very good.

Bed was comfy.

Good hotel, good food, staff very friendly, Go Broncos

Staff was friendly

Good deal
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The unknown $250 hold on my debit card all weekend.

The janitorial and food service staff were AWESOME!!

The location of the room;
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The location of the room; too close to the bar and too noisy.

Great facility and staff.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Great facility and staff. Excellent breakfast.

Despite the lack of staffing at the bar Samantha had...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Despite the lack of staffing at the bar Samantha had commendable customer service! She was amazing!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything about this hotel and staff is outstanding!

No complaints

Everything was perfect! General Manager, Robin and staff really work very hard together Extremely professional

Loved the breakfast, big rooms and the fact that the pool...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The bathroom was very small.

Loved the breakfast, big rooms and the fact that the pool was open till midnight.

Can't wait to stay again
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The rooms were really nice, beds were super comfortable, shower was amazing, breakfast was excellent

Gave us what we expected and required from a hotel, at a very acceptable price. Recommended.
    • King Suite Hearing Accessible Non-Smoking

Nothing to criticise.

Restaurant staff were very helpful. Lots of parking space. Good quality suite.

It was very good for the money

Railings

Room breakfast

Evriting is clean i lake it

Nating

Evriting is perfec

Never again will deal with embassy
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Did allow me to stay there

we would stay there again

Our room was cold the thermostat did not seem to work in 310

staff was friendly

Location and service

Location and service

The rooms were quite and staff was wonderful.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The rooms were quite and staff was wonderful.

Perfect stay
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The pool was out of service

We had a lovely room.....good breakfast and free happy hour drinks and appetizers

Nvdeadeye
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The put familes in the higher floor. To much noise.

The comfort and privacy
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The staff did not explain certain things and I don't feel I got my monies worth

The comfort and privacy

My stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Staff member at the desk was rude Never had that problem at the one in Dallas

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It was all as expected!

It was all as expected!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Satisfied in new mexico.

Parking is limited.

Breakfast buffet. Happy Hour. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Great hotel to stay.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Dated Property
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Consistent room temperature Hospitality bar choices Bathroom sink in bedroom Poor lighting in toilet/shower

Bed mattress and pillows

Uncomfortable
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

AC did not work and the rooms are stuffy no air circulation dirty pool and hot tub

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Great staff!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Very old rooms. Renewal is needed

Great staff! Realy helpful

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Offered a large selection of food for breakfast.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Offered a large selection of food for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The snack and breakfast were awesome!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Our room had no hot water, our phone did not work, and the morning front desk clerk was rude.

The snack and breakfast were awesome!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Called the front desk and room service on multiple occasions and no one picked up the phone.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

We will be back!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Didn't have towels for 4 adults. The phone by the bed was broken.

Loved it!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

One day weekend
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The pillows were very comfortable and the room was very clean