Reviews of Embassy Suites Flagstaff 3 stars

706 South Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001, USA

#22 of 63 hotels in Flagstaff

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very uncomfortable night - the room was very cold & thermostat was not working properly. We had to request for a space heater and extra blankets. This was not expected at an Embassy Suites, I've stayed at Embassy Suites in Albuquerque and Phoenix with nothing but excellent ratings!!

The room was clean but cold.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately some of your other guests were rude and a bit snobby. I realize your facility and staff members are not responsible for that

Everything was great as usual

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we checked in it was 32 degrees outside, we were given a room and after turned ngnon heat it blew cold, went to desk and maintenance said he could fix. After one hour room never got above 60 so they finally gave us a new room which was cold but after 30 minutes did heat up. When you know guests are arriving make sure rooms are at least bearable.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived in our room, there were no guests towels in our room. However, the front desk was very polite and had some brought to our room immediately. The fridge was not cold and took about 24 hours to cool down. Beds were not very comfortable and the AC was extremely loud.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is excellent and centrally located to all the major siteseeing locations. Plenty of places to eat in the area. My favorite part was the free made to order breakfast every morning. So many choices for every person in your group and the extra perk is the money saved not having to go out to eat breakfast separately. The free WiFi was awesome too but not a very strong connection.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

As I overheard management and workers talking and commenting. I didn’t feel comfortable asking nor complaining. Here’s a list of thing weren’t happy with. Extra blanket had stains and flaky dried on substance. Couple lamps were unplugged. There was no luggage rack.TV functions didn’t all work. Blow dryer worked most of the time. Room was smaller that many other Embassy locations we’ve stayed at. The Cook to Order breakfast line took too long. One cook for omelets.

Beds were comfortable.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Happy hour was not what I expected. The mixed drinks were watered down and I expected more of a variety of snacks like the ES in San Antonio, they had a great spread and also a water dispenser , juice boxes or sodas would be great to add for the kids.

Beds were comfy, coffee was great and also breakfast was delicious!

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was comfortable and large enough for our family of 4. The complimentary breakfast was impressive with tons of options from waffle to omelet stations.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was our second time coming here for the winter snow and every time we got a room with some maintenance issues. I think they should service there rooms before check in and that would fix any issues.

Breakfast was great, we loved the area and customer service was great

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are very nice. It seem though that a bar towel could be available near the sink, or paper towels, and it also seems a few - even plastic - knives, forks, spoons, could be provided. After all, you are providing a microwave and frig. These details would be useful.

Love those omlettes! Room design is very nice.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff. Very unfriendly. When you spend your Christmas in a hotel you expect a little better service. The breakfast staff couldn't care less about the guests. When it was 10 am they moved everything back to the kitchen. They didn't ask if you wanted anything else before they removed the food they just basically shut down and left. No one smiled and they all looked annoyed to be there especially on Christmas. I get it, it suck to work on Christmas but it kinda sucks to be in a hotel on Christmas as well, your job is to be kind and courteous and to make your guests feel at home, not like they are an annoyance to you. The rooms were nice but i'll never stay here again because of the staff. They ruined this place for me. After another review I did I got a generic crappy apology from the manager which just frustrated me even more. I don't recommend this place. Unless you love rude people then this is the place for you.

The room was very nice and felt like a small home-away-from-home which was really nice since we stayed here over Christmas. We had room to set up a little Christmas tree and our presents. The breakfast was decent.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I read a lot of reviews on TripAdvisor that mentioned that the rooms were "dated." I don't think "dated" quite covers what we encountered. Wallpaper peeling off the bathroom walls, grout was missing/dirty in the bathroom. The shower curtain was either dirty or stained with disconcerting brown and yellow stains. Towels and bed linens were dingy and uninviting. My stepson had an allergy attack so bad in the middle of the night that it woke all of us up and scared my husband and I. At the time, we were too tired to think about what was causing it and just focused on treating it. Looking back, I am wondering if it was something in the room, because the rest of the trip he didn't have any reactions that strong. If this had been some cheap motel, I would have absolutely felt that I was getting what I paid for and not let it bother me. This room was WAY too expensive for the quality of the room itself.

The staff was fantastic: Everyone from the front desk to room service to the staff that worked the breakfast was SUPER friendly and responsive. Also, the breakfast was really good! Lots of choices and all of them were tasty.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hinges on the bathroom door were very rusty and the toilet paper holder was showing signs of wear. The tub had a small water drip.

Made to order breakfast included in the room rate was excellent. Good size suite with separate room for bedroom.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning in our room did not work what so ever and the beds were not very comfortable.

The array of coffee and tea was very nice in the morning.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds could be more comfortable. The rooms need to be cleaned better.Embassy Suites could invest in a few more waffle makers which would improve the flow of breakfast. The pool and Jacuzzi need improvements.

Location was great. Easy access to NAU and highways.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

This was the 3rd hotel on our 7 day trip which was owned by Hilton. In all we cases, it was difficult for own Android and Iphone phones to initially connect the the wifi. We had to go to the main desk for help (rarely have this problem anywhere else in the world we traveled). Our biggest concern was when we tried to connect for the first time at each hotel, we got warnings that the connect was unsafe and insecure. At 2 hotels, on my Samsung phone, I got a popup warning that I was under a "Man in the Middle attack" and my phone immediately disconnected every time I tried!! We just used our Verizon account at 2 hotels.

The location and the best breakfast of our trip!

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place was terrible. It was old, there was a huge spider in the pullout bed, the room was tiny and had a strange configuration, the pillows were lumpy, there was an incredibly loud fan that you couldn't shut off. It was motel 6 quality for $250.

The bartender at happy hour was very nice.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think the facility could be kept up a little better. Cobwebs on the ceiling and spots on some of the furniture. Water leak near the Air Condition Vent in the hallway that looked like it had been there a long time.

We didn't eat in the dining room

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had nothing but problems and was promised to the manager would call me on three occasions and he never did. It was so bad I had to leave the hotel that and not have my next nights accommodation I've asked for my money back and you guys contacted the hotel and you never heard back from the manager either. I'm going to dispute the charge on my credit card and I'm very disappointed the booking.com did not take care of this. I've used you for a long time but my guess is I will not use you anymore

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have been charged twice for this property on a separate card that I checked in with and the hotel has not yet returned my call or resolved.

Breakfast was good and the location and check in was also good

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I paid more than I normally would per average Night because they had the cool to order breakfast. Most mornings I waited 30-1hr for my breakfast which was not complicated two eggs over medium, bacon and hash browns. My advice save money go to a cheaper hotel and eat breakfast out. The managers excuse was understaffed but seriously one cool I encountered was angry and frustrated he showed it the whole time he was cooking. The other cool burned everything and was slower than molasses.

The ladies the cleaned the breakfast area and kept the buffet going were really nice and friendly.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The suite was small, dark and dingy. Rooms were old looking. Hilton should be ashamed to have their name. We chose this hotel because of it being a Embassy Suite because for over 20 years of traveling we stayed at multiple Embassy Suites because they maintained high standards.

The staff at breakfast were freindly.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Furniture in our room was broken and they ran out of food for breakfast two hours before it ended. A lot of upset people especially for the price of the hotel ($180 a night)

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk employee did not seem to want to be there. At one point, we had to wait quite awhile with a couple of other people who were trying to check in and the front desk person was no where to be found. Someone finally found someone who could track him down

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was a little disappointed because I was under the impression that the hotel had two separate bedrooms with beds. Instead we had two double beds in one room and a pull out couch in the living area space.

The made to order breakfast was delicious & the happy hour was great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We love embassy suites and always make that a first choice. The breakfast is the best, the hotel room is always clean and comfortable. This Embassy Suites once again lived up to that reputation.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No trash liners (in any cans) Our room was located at exit/entrance door (slammed all nite)! Bathroom floor was filthy! Along with tile and toilet stains! Room cleaner emtptied all cans but left our trash liner (full of trash), also did not take tip. Likely a slap in the face (if you will). Time to replace your toilet & update your bathroom tile (as it is falling off the walls).

Extra blanket & most comfortable pillows. Still decent after all these years.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel just needs updating. We like to stay at Embassy Suites. Most of the ones we have stayed in are more updated.

The "happy hour" was great! Breakfast was great! The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I truly heated or indoor pool would have been nice.

The room was excellent and should be for the price I paid for one night. The complimentary drinks were great, but the snacks were subpar. My 9-year-old loved the room. It was nice that the room had two TVs so could watch separate shows.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The water was shut off due to repairs and we were told they would have it done by 5 but the water didn't come on until an hour or so after. It wasn't a huge deal.

The staff was friendly and the rooms were nice.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a rattling noise in the bathroom/bedroom all night long.

The continental breakfast was excellent! The omelette bar was an awesome inclusion! The Manager's complimentary Happy Hour was also a wonderful surprise. We enjoyed meeting the manager.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

An older facility, for an Embassy suite it definitely needs some updating. Especially the rooms. The newest thing in them are the big screen TV's. The snacks at the evening reception were very limited.

The breakfast was good, as they will make an omelet to order and had very good coffee. The bar at the evening reception was much better then some other hotels.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms very small. We had five people in one room not much space to move around. Only provided 2 cups etc for coffee. Not as well cleaned as other hotels visited.

Location was great. Had free snacks and drinks between 5.30 and 7.30pm each night. Breakfast was good. Self service of usual breakfast items. Hot breakfast omelets/pancakes cooked to order. Generous potions.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Can't think of anything.

The staff are terrific. We loved the breakfast buffet and happyhour!! The three girls loved the pool and the five adults enjoyed it all!!!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No view from the room. Room decor was a bit dated and dreary. Room was clean, but not spotless.

Staff was friendly. Breakfast to order was very good. Although there were a lot of people for breakfast, the staff was friendly and doing a really good job of keeping the tables bussed and cleaned.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms seem very cramped and small for the high price charged. Much of the furniture in our room also showed signs of wear. Also, there is no room service, so if you arrive too late, your only option is to buy some chips or candy from the front desk - not a healthy option at all. Though the rooms were fairly clean, it is apparent that the carpets are not clean or vacuumed often. We even found a bag of half eaten potato chips behind the nightstand from a previous room occupant.

The staff were wonderful, whether at the front desk or the people helping facilitate the meals. The beds were also clean, soft, and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The second night the plumbing was very noisy all night so I did not sleep well.

The breakfast was great & open a long time, no waiting. The room was clean, the shower hot , strong & tall enough for a 6'3" person so much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They don't use trash bags in the rooms; I found this to be very odd and inconvenient. The beds are not very comfortable and the showers and toilets waste way too much water.

Location is very convenient, if a bit loud (due to traffic). The happy hour and breakfast were very nice and the staff was very friendly. Rooms are a nice size.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Over priced for comparable hotels. Also noise near the rear entrance.

The room was comfortable and breakfast was good.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice facility.. fantastic breakfast!!!

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Helpful staff Great breakfast Heated outdoor pool Nice suites with comfortable beds

N/a

Great staff and breakfast

Not one thing was bad

Breakfast was amazing Staff helped us find a scenic route to Sedona, so grateful

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast! They also offer a free happy hour!

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sofa had tears closet door was sticking. And the ac did not work.

The staff was amazing. The cooks for breakfast were amazing. Very nice.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shouldn't have to pay for parking at this location (Flagstaff, AZ).

Staff is very welcoming and accommodating.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom/shower was dirty and wallpaper was peeling off the wall.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Close proximity to college campus, room was clean and staff was wonderful.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room smaled like smoke and got the room was not the right one manager did care

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The managers reception food wasn't great

Clean am d comfy

N/a

Great stay, excellent rooms and great customer service

Breakfast was excellent.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I loved the staff. Front desk was amazing and super friendly.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were Very helpful & friendly!

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

amazing breakfast and staff. great room size

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was to our liking !!!

I like their was a hot breakfast!

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was fantastic! Happy hour was awesome and the staff was terrific. . We had a great time

Staff

Location, rooms

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was not ready at check in... had to move to clean room

Great staff and awesome breakfast

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Door was heavy furniture was old

Staff was very friendly room was very clean breakfast was good

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool opening hours , small suite

Breakfast excelleent

Not clean

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is always great at Embassy Suites.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Grout and sealer around the shower needed some replacement

Everything was wonderful -

Hotel was dated.

In the middle of town.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Small room that wasn't arranged well, old look, bathroom didn't look good

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was great! Friendly staff, great room and breakfast.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the wait for breakfast was very long and ran out of lots of food

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floors are thin, You can definitely hear people walking above you, pretty loud.

The free chips and salsa and beer in the afternoon is awesome.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My kids liked very much the breakfast. .thank u very much

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

They ran out of food at breakfast. The bathroom was old. The facilities needs a facelift

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

bed was uncomfortable,

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing much to write, we enjoyed our stay.

The location and comfort of the hotel. We especially loved the pool and Jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Couldn't find any vending machines, dining area a little small, staff didn't have dorect to rooms

Breakfast was nice, room was comfortable.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast and evening drinks and apps, very friendly staff.

• Two Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Separate living room and bedroom