Reviews of Embassy Suites Fort Worth - Downtown 4 stars

600 Commerce Street, Downtown Ft. Worth - Sundance Square, Fort Worth, TX 76102, USA

#33 of 90 hotels in Fort Worth

Not a romantic getaway.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was tiny. We were expecting a bathtub. Wifi was not available in our room. The signal was intermittent and cut out every few seconds. We had a large suite but the bathroom sink was set up like a three star highway motel with the light spilling into the sleeping area.

We wanted to stay in the downtown area and the hotel was perfect for that but we were looking for a romantic luxurious getaway and this wasn't it.

Good location and food but the rooms weren’t so great.
    • Queen Suite with Tub - Disability/Non Smoking

The room was “newly renovated” but when you Open the door and walk into the room you see the wallpaper stapled all along the wall and A/C, the refrigerator door did not shut and therefore could not be used, the carpet had sticky stains on it and the bathroom had plaster all over the tile.

The breakfast and managers reception was very good.

Good place to stay if you like the rooms
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room only had one flaw which was the bathroom fan was either nonexistent or didn't work. The stair wells are a little creepy I hope that is on their list of remodels. I requested a few things through the booking app but they were never mentioned I'm not sure they even saw them. They asked for confirmation through their website which gave you the option to tell them if you needed extra stuff and even though it listed an example of extra pillows that was not an option which I found strange but they stilled called for confirmation so I'm not sure if they really look at the requests from there either. While it is close to everything I wish it was not valet only parking lots a small street and it can take a while to get your car plus they don't take call downs at check out due to volume but to be honest if you require it then you should expect that volume.

Everything was pretty clean without that crazy everything soaked in bleach smell. They are doing some remodeling so I'd like to see it after that. The gym is a good size but the pool and hot tub is a little small good for you, spouse, and one kid but it could get crowded easily. The restaurant/bar had great food andwas delicious. The drinks were made well we sat with the owners for a while late at night and they were so nice really made our stay. Overall I would go back for the same price.

Amazing friendly staff.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Amazing friendly staff. Carise at check in made sure out 3 young children were well looked after with activity packs and snacks on check-in. Could not have asked for more!

As soon as I pulled up to valet, we stepped onto the curb...
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

As soon as I pulled up to valet, we stepped onto the curb and the valet attendant immediately crashed my truck. I was told right then my room would be compt, I received my bank statement and I was charged for the room. As it did happen in front of several employees and witnesses, I am waiting for my refund. When can this be expected?

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The hotel was great other than the bed. Booking.com was bad, never use again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I booked a KING bed through Booking.com and when I arrived at the hotel they said that the info from Booking.com indicated 2 Queen beds. I was disappointed since I am 6'2" and a Queen bed is a little short. The hotel said it was Booking.com fault as the reservation submitted to the hotel indicated 2 Queen beds not a King bed.

Everything about the hotel was great. Booking.com was a disappointment.

Comfortable hotel in a dead location
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The location was strange... First time in Ft. Worth, so didn't know what to expect but it's basically dead around there any time of day.. Not a lot of places to eat/drink around there, nothing really to do if you're not visiting someone's office...

Nice large room, comfortable bed, adequate breakfast

This is a nicely priced place to stay in the heart of downtown Fort Worth.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

One day housekeeping never came and we had to call to get serviced. However they arrived in less than 15 minutes to remedy the situation.

Staff was amazing, genuine and friendly. The Starbucks is open from 6-11. Very clean. Super convenient location. I could get my car in and out of valet parking as often as I liked for no addional fee.

We had a very nice, relaxing weekend!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We asked for a taxi to take us 7 minutes away to eat and we ended up with a private driver who charged us $20 and he didn’t even have a meter. His vehicle stayed parked outside the hotel the whole time so I’m thinking he is affliated someway with the hotel or someone that works there. Either way it was outrageous!!!

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Loved the breakfast buffet, lots of choices.

Overpriced for what you get
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

For the price paid, we should not have been placed on the second floor, directly across from the elevator and ten feet above a busy street with a boisterous after-hours night life. The room in which we stayed was worth about $100/night, not $375/night

Breakfast and Manager's happy hour were nice. Staff was courteous.

Great location, fantastic staff and lovely hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The oatmeal at breakfast was disappointing- very dry. When you’re trying to eat more healthier.

The beds were really comfy and the staff went the extra mile to be helpful in every instance. The distance to shops, restaurants and bars was walkable which made it a lovely break.

Other than the noise we LOVED everything about our stay and will definitely be back!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were in a room on the 7th floor directly across from the ice machine room, a couple doors away from the elevator and right next to the hospitality area meaning people going to and from, slamming the ice machine door and congregating outside of the elevators. There was a large group staying for Florida/Michigan game so there were partyers in the evening outside our door during and after the reception happy hour in the evening and then in the mornings as they all would go to eat. Lots more noisy for the person sleeping on the fold out in the living area. I would just make those few rooms a little less expensive than the others on that floor just because of the noise that is going to take place or make sure that the people who stay in there understand where they are located to decide on their own.

Staff went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and had all of our questions answered and our needs met. Outstanding group from the front desk and gentlemen out front helping with valet and bags to the lovely girl making our morning Starbucks-great staff!

Read above

The staff was the only redeeming quality. There are cheaper hotels in that area that have better rooms and balconies. I will never book at this hotel again.

I just asked two requests during my one week stay (change...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I just asked two requests during my one week stay (change malfunctioning coffee machine, get a receipt of my stay). But all of them were ignored. I am still struggling to get a receipt.

Comfortable and great service
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Their gym and pool wa sour of action - but they had arranged access to the next door hotel to use theirs which wasn't inconvenient.

Location right near Sundance square and restaurants, shopping etc. Short bus ride to the Stockyards. Even though it was peak season it was not overly busy anywhere we went. Really relaxing place to spend a few days.

It had a convenient location, but lacked quality in the room.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms had no view at all. The windows were small, and the view was of the inside corridor of the hotel, so just other hotel room windows. The living room had no coffee table and lacked seating. The price of the room was not reflected in the overall quality of the room.

The breakfast buffet was nice. They keep all the food options stocked and hot. There were a lot of options, from hot to cold items. The complimentary happy hour was a nice touch and the bartender was friendly.

Staff are awesome - from front desk to maintenance to...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The sleeper sofa was really very poor. It was so uncomfortable that I just folded it up and slept on the sofa - less space but some distance between springs and my back.

Staff are awesome - from front desk to maintenance to breakfast....friendly, professional and efficient.

Excellent location but rooms need updating
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room dated with chipped furniture AC dated and noisy couldn't leave it on during the night

Excellent location for restaurants and shopping. Good facilities, health suite, pool etc Pleasant, helpful staff

5 star, not quite.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

$25 parking, the way the managers reception was hyped up like it was a soirée and honestly I In had db better snacks in my room chips and dip hummus and veggies do not make e up a 'reception'. While trying to find the hotel someone was driving sporadically and almost rear ended us he was the valet. If you pay for 2 beds in a room that states queen size, they should be queen sized, not full sized. Towels should all have 3 to a set bath, hand and washcloth ours a didnt. The breakfast/reception area smelled like e mildew and mold. 6 fans blowing couldnt hide the smell, time for a remodel.

Some of the staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Welcoming, pleasant stay in a great location.

None known

Omelette was excellent, and had homemade salsa to go with it! Bed and pillows were comfortable. Staff were so friendly and helpful. They were all sweet to the children as well. Nice and quiet at bedtime.

The downtown location was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The facility needs renovations. The carpets felt grimy and there were plenty of wear marks on all surfaces. Additionally, the breakfast was under-whelming in the quality besides having extremely slow service for the "cook to order" items of omelets, pancakes and bacon/sausage (Only a single person manned this area on a Sunday morning!).

The location.

One happy customer

Nothing really.

Bed comfort felt like home. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The size of the hotel was really roomy. Didn't have any problem with staff. Will defiantly book fot this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Very nice!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was very nice, the staff went above and beyond! Complimentary drinks and appetizers when we first arrived. Bed and pillows were AMAZING!!! Bathroom was a little small.

Nice night away from home
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were given an inside room with a view of the alley below instead of the city. We had requested a city view but I guess not all requests can be accommodated.

The bed was really comfortable and the breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Oasis in the City
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff person who checked me out. Rude. Would NOT give me a receipt for our stay! She was simply nasty!!!!

Overall,the location. And the staff. The Manager's reception waa great!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Lovely and cozy with free afternoon snack with beer and wine.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not as I would expect. Missing selection no cucumbers, pebbles cheese or cucumbers. Parking was expensive although there was parking service. Next time I park in P house nearby.

Lovely and cozy with free afternoon snack with beer and wine. Quickly correct in and out checking.

Unsanitary and claimed to re-use a mattress with a urine stain
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

My friends and I went out and came back to the hotel room and when we pulled out our sofa bed it was WET all the way passed the down comforter to the mattress! We called and asked for a new bed and they CHARGED ME $250 FOR URINATING on the bed!! I have proof of an old urine stain that they said "others were already charged for" so yes they re-use dirty mattresses. (See pic provided) the top right of mattress is the old stain, the wetness was at the bottom left of bed) Oh and they said we left the room trashed!!! Thank goodness I took pictures because I always leave the hotel nice and neat!! We were treated poorly! Tried accommodating us with free parking and coffee?? Why accommodate us then accuse us of urinating on the bed??

Great place to stay when in Fort Worth
    • Queen Suite with Tub - Disability/Non Smoking

No parking lot so you had to call for your car in advance when planning to leave the property. A larger swimming pool would have been better if multiple people are there at once.

Staff was amazing and attentive. Extremely courteous and pleasant. Helpful in every way from check in, valet, housekeeping, and wait staff. Breakfast was delicious! My family really enjoyed it!

Great Stay
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Only complaint...room service was slow. It took an hour and 15 minutes to get our food. Food was great!

We loved the rooms! Very comfy and roomy. We loved the breakfast and the mid-evening social. It was overall a great stay.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Hung Jury
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was professional, friendly courteous and attentive. However we (my biz partner/best friend were given a very cramp room not one of the normal suites and way off in a corner. The facilities older and the cost was way too much for the facilities. They have carried on with their wonderful tradition with a scrumptious breakfast and then wonderful happy hour in the evening.

Breakfast and happy hour!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

My wife and I had not had a chance to get away in 6 years. Wish the stay could have been better
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was bland. Woken up every morning at 6am by the trash people. Staff was not very knowledgeable on billing. Got double billed. Now I have the headache of fixing it

Staff was ok. Location was nice. Lots to do around motel

Great stay..wish it was longer!

Charge for parking.

The staff was exceptional. They were so friendly and helpful with kindness and enthusiasm. The location was perfect for walking to all attractions and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

the guys that brought us the car and picked up our stuff...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

we asked for a non-smoking room which i think it was but in the bedroom you could smell the smoke and the pullout mattress was nasty and very uncomfortable. room 1002

the guys that brought us the car and picked up our stuff super nice.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Wonderful
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The daily cost to park. I think it should be included if you are a guest at the hotel

The breakfast and happy hour daily was fantastic!!! The pool and hot tub were great!

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Best value in Sundance Square area
    • Queen Suite with Tub - Disability/Non Smoking

Handicap room didn't have traditional kitchen

Great location Best value for Sundance square location 1 block from Sundance square free weekend parking across commerce at bass performance hall garage

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

If "slightly above average" is your goal, then this is the hotel for you...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The common area carpets needed to be replaced six months ago. The HVAC in our room was noisy and difficult to set at a comfortable temperature.

Staff was excellent. Bed was terrific. Location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Where to stay if doing Bass Hall and downtown Ft. Worth.
    • Queen Suite with Tub - Disability/Non Smoking

Wished we could have stayed one more day.

Happy hour/reception was great, breakfast was great, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Wonderful location close to Bass Hall.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Great people

The eggs & sausage were all way over cooked from the omelet order area. Cooking too hot ... turn down the flame. The initial Embassy billings were much higher than what we booked thru Booking.com but were quickly corrected to your prices. Some elements need refreshing/updating.

The staff is great. The room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Nice Stay
    • Queen Suite with Tub - Disability/Non Smoking

Bathrooms could have been a little larger. Views were not that spectacular for a hotel in a city.

Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Loved the free HOT breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Very good hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be improved, for example with a better selection of yogurts and fruits. The complimentary WiFi is slow.

Very good hotel. Perfect location downtown. Excellent fitness center. Very friendly staff. The manager's reception is a nice plus.

Boys and girls nightout

Absolutely nothing, loved it

Everything we try to stay there everytime

Courtney was awesome.

Courtney was awesome.

Awesome!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing! Everything was great!

Love the friendliness of the staff. The rooms are always nice and the complimentary cocktails is always a plus!

how big the room was

construction near by

how big the room was

Sundance Square
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Perfect location to the square!!! Staff were friendly.

Friendliness

Friendliness

Love this hotel and staff

Friendly service and location

Love this hotel and staff

Great location! You are right in Sundance square. Lots to do !
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Access very loud in room

Staff were nice. Great location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Price of parking and not good windows in the room.

Managers reception

Fun was hampered by the uncomfortable surroundings
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Sitting room furniture was very uncomfortable. The beds were extremely uncomfortable. Did not get a good sleep.

A great birthday getaway.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Newly renovated rooms. Manager's reception. Great breakfast.

Really enjoyed our stay. Would recommend 100%!

Nothing comes to mind

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was easy walking distance to many downtown restaurants and bars.

We recommend this hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The suite was very narrow. When the couch bed was out you could barely walk through.

Very friendly staff! Breakfast was excellent.

The location of the property
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

In no way was worth the price for one night's stay.

The location of the property

Breakfast and happy hour

Breakfast and happy hour

Were able to leave bags with concierge after checking out.
    • Executive Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was an extra fee and quite expensive.

Were able to leave bags with concierge after checking out.

Booking Problems
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I didn't like booking a Spa Bath room and not getting it. It was our Anniversary! :-(

Clean

Enjoyed it. Will come back
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was not any shampoo in room

Happy hour. Breakfast

Happy Hour;
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was a bit small

Happy Hour; Great Free Breakfast

Excellent service great location

Didn't take our bags to our room and we had 6 bags

Excellent hotel friendly staff great location

Had a great time! Will definitely be back!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was great! Buffet but also made to order pancakes and omelettes. Delicious!

Enjoyed
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No local parking except valet.

Great location for walking around downtown.

Downtown disappointment
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Worn carpets and furniture. Property in need of paint and general facelift

Very attentive staff

Pool under rehab

Pool under rehab

Best service ever!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

On one day we had difficulty connecting to Wifi. Wifi did work in business center.

Fantastic staff.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great location Nice happy hour and wonderful breakfastv

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Embassy...😊😊😋
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing we didn't like. Every staff member was great , friendly, accommodating and willing to please.

Saturday Night Pub Crawl
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable. Bedding was nice but mattress wasn't .

Room was very well appointed. Nice space !

Embassy!!

Sundance square

Everyone was so nice to us.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Everyone was so nice to us. And very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Embassy made Fort Worth very worth it!!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cook to order breakfast was great. Also nice touch with the daily happy hour. Staff was very personable as well.

will stay again

Absolutely best stay at a motel

Everything was Great no complaints

Absolutely best stay at a motel

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

we enjoyed the stay for my daughter bachlorette party

a little pricey

friendly staff, the breakfast and bar at night was nice

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The girl at the front desk was great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cook at the Buffett had the personality of a ROCK BIG grouchy guy.

The girl at the front desk was great