Reviews of Embassy Suites Houston - Near the Galleria 3 stars

2911 Sage Road, Houston, TX 77056, USA

#100 of 389 hotels in Houston

Nice stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It wasn’t cool enough in the bedroom.I had a hard time sleeping.

I loved the home feeling. It was very clean and nice. Danny at the front desk was awesome.

Great hotel, convinient location, but parking costs extra
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like that they charge you for parking. Parking is $21 per day plus tax. This is not good.

The location is great. Good restourants around. Room was clean. The bed with firm spring mattress was very comfortable.

Weirdo Housekeeper
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping lady literally knocked the men lobby bathroom door and asked to leave because i qoute her "making her bathroom wet"!!! Hilton needs to address this

Swans

This will not be our last visit!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Tarcia was my first contact with the location a week before I ever arrived to help me feel secure that any thing was taken care of in advance...once we arrived in Houston we learned that the P!NK concert was rescheduled from the 29th to that evening the 27th. Even though it was so early for our check in....the front desk staff ..Got us in our room...and Tod us to just relax they had us covered....Every single staff member from front desk to cleaning to kitchen To maintenance....THANK YOU!!! You made our little weekend trip SO MUCH. MORE!!!!!!

Absolutely recommend this place.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very clean. Very updated. Amazing free breakfast. Parking on site. Staff was extremely friendly. Location was perfect. Beautiful decor and atmosphere inside.

Overall positive
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the swans in the middle of the courtyard. I felt horrible for those poor swans who were harassed by kids and never get to be outside.

The breakfast was great. The indoor pool area was fantastic too.

I loved the Continental breakfast!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything met or exceeded my expectations, except for the elevators. There was only one elevator and the wait was very long. You have to at least give yourself a 5 to 10 min wait, if you're willing to wait that long.

I loved the Continental breakfast! The location (uptown Houston) was great. The room was very nice and the bed was super comfortable! I would definitely stay again.

Great experience!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Looked for nothing and found nothing negative.

I loved the swans, I loved the made to order complimentary breakfast and the staff was wonderful. Cocktails and a light snack in the evening was a nice bonus. I would like to especially thank Andrew Baptiste for going the extra mile for us to ensure our comfort and enjoyment. It was a celebration of our 43rd wedding anniversary. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Breakfast was good and rhe main lobby has a very nice decor
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The description when I booked led me to believe that there were 2 bedrooms in the suite. Also the fee for parking needs to be more visible

Breakfast was good and rhe main lobby has a very nice decor

It was ok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn't real helpful they always had an excuse for every problem. The spa was broke until the last night I was there I had to keep asking and requesting them to fix it. A lot of the people don't speak English either so it was hard to communicate. No one would help me with my bags and I am disabled.

The bed was amazing I slept so great!

Will not be returning to the hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Attention to problems; clean and restock better.

Several problems with the room were identified on the night of check in and never resolved. Not cleaned or restocked adequately also.

Checked out a day early. Had to beg for towels. Had to request heat. And someone vomited in the po
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Service was awful. The only one actually working for guest was the GM. Place could be a lot cleaner. The breakfast offered a lot but was mediocre . I saw many employees doing what they could to AVOID work. I was in the hospitality business for 25 years. I know a few things about it.

How though I live in Houston, I will be back to this facility to stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The facility was amazing. The staff was outstanding and the location was perfect. The food for the happy hour and front desk staff we are accommodating in every way.

Great location! Hope they start remodeling. We will stay there again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms are showing their age. Tub had rust stains and tub faucet leaked. Reception person at arrival was not very helpful at all. No information given about breakfast times, manager’s cocktail, etc. However, everyone after her was great in ALL departments.

Very good food.

Mediocre
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Grits were runny,omelette was dry. The cook was overwhelmed needed help with the orders. Juice was too sweet

The fruit was fresh,coffee was good. Bacon was good

This place is a luxury hotel with the price and perks of an affordable hotel. And it has swans!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that there were no towel racks in the bathroom, so it’d be great if they could add some. But that is such a small thing considering how great our stay was overall.

There are swans in this hotel! We did not know about the swans living in the lobby before our stay, so that was such a fun surprise. We were amazed at how luxurious this place is, especially considering how affordable it is, with free parking and cooked-to-order breakfast (included in the price). We’ve stayed at “fancier” hotels in the galleria area, and this one is by far our favorite. We will be back!

Wouldn’t recommend staying there at all
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff not friendly at all, they didn’t clean the room properly there was stains on the pillowcase and the case weren’t changes , never put toilets paper unless we call and wait for like 30 minutes to get them , never leave cups for the coffee , when we called asking for cups they said no one can do that for you you should get down and get them yourself , we needed bed cover as the balanket wasn’t clean and it was very old , after waiting for an hour they sent us a fitting sheet not cover and they said we don’t have covers

Swans!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool can be cleaner.

Swans! There is a pair of white swans inside the lobby. Disclaimer: The birds feel very well, so no animal cruelty at all.

will not go back to this location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

on the second day my beds were made but floors were not cleaned, bathroom not tidy - no dusting. Just did not feel comfortable in room. Breakfast buffet was not has appealing as other locations I have visited.

This hotel did not meet to my past expectations as the others Embassy Suites I have stayed.
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room cleaning was not as good as the other Embassy Suites that I have been to. The Pool was very dirty and had to take my son to the emergency room two days after due to an ear infection (due to the pool). The breakfast food, especially the eggs were not fluffy rather uncooked and the coffee was extremely strong. The Ice vending machine did not exist on my floor or other floors. I have stayed in many Embassy Suites in the past and this one was not what I was used to.

Location and parking was good.

The entire staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The entire staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The manager, Kris Van De Brook, was incredible. She went out of her way to help us when our reservation was on a different weekend (totally me fault)! Lovely stay!

Super Satisfying Stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Other than the cleaning carts being too loud,I liked everything.

I like how helpful the staff was in helping us to locate things to do for my kids, outside of the hotel. Just an overall pleasant stay.

It was clean and close to the mall!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

They over charged us and we lost part of our money to vacation in Houston so we didnt enjoy all of our trip thanks to this hotel!!!!

It was clean and close to the mall!

I would def stay again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hmmm it was nice, i have no complaints...other than i feel like they need to invest in the bed covering but i guess that wanted to keep us cool...but bed was really comfortable! I slept great!

Nice! beautiful scenary, looked like u were outside but inside ...breakfast was extraordinary...we were provided with a full course meal n it was good too...the line went really fast even tho it was order to serve...manager walked ard and checked on each table...i wud definitely go again...

Close to Galeria, fair price

Bar quite expensive

Top Reception- and Cleaning-Services, WLAN free with HHonors Membership, Close to Galeria, Nordstrom Rack, Tex-Mex around the Corner. Parking 15 $/day but there were quite some guests that justed parked their car without paying ;-)

Vacation Headquarters
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had issues with the laundry, and paying to park seemed a bit ridiculous.

Location was excellent for our tour of the sites of Houston. Room was exceptionally comfortable and breakfast was delicious!

Front desk not welcoming , no extra towles , good breakfast, nice view, great kitchen staff!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When we frist got there some peple were check in ahead of us they got some welcome goodie bags but we didn't get anything and front staff didnt even make u feel welcome !!! I booked for 4 but yet only three towles and when we asked for more they didnt want to give extra..

The rooms was nice the view was good breakfast was good and some staff were very nice and would make conversation with u..

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The breakfast and manager special.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast had hiccups! Hot water for teas were often luke warm or cold;juice machine did not work one day; eggs were not always cooked as ordered and organization Was poor.

The breakfast and manager special. The staff was very friendly and welcoming!The room was clean and in working order.

The staff was amazing at this place!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I only hated that parking is extra :(

The staff was amazing at this place! The manager was always in the lobby walking around and making sure everything we needed was taken care of.

Having 2 rooms - living and bedroom - was nice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some of the other guests were loud at times. And the single swan appeared lonely.

Having 2 rooms - living and bedroom - was nice. Couch was better than typical

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Wonderful Hotel!

Nothing was bad

Everything was perfect in this Hotel. The location, the breakfast, the happy hour snacks, the staff, the room with 2 TVs and confy bed. I loved the Hotel and I will return for sure.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

A great property with exceptional customer service
    • One-Bedroom King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

It is a long way from NASA or Outlets but the town car made it accessible.

The staff at this property were outstanding. Roberto, the manager, made himself known to all guests at breakfast every morning and again at happy hour every evening. Never before have we experienced such an involved and genuinely interested mangager. He went out of his way to make sure we had the help we needed for excursions and always enquires at the end of the day as to how the day went. He I ably supported by wonderful staff particularly Danny on reception and Emily who assisted with arranging our way about town. All other staff were equally helpful and attentive, though we don't have their names. When they realised our flight was a night one they offered us a late checkout which we gratefully accepted. Breakfasts were great as were the happy hours each evening, offering a delicious range of healthy alternative snacks as well as the favourites. Whilst Houston is expensive to get around by taxi, they arranged a town car and we used this same company, Sid and Carlos every day. They were recommended by the hotel and very trustworthy and accomodating. This was a great hotel experience.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Paid parking and no covered parking
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was good, except my friend did not eat pork and their weren't any meat options for her. Also, I wasn't informed of the $15.00 parking fee until I arrived at the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and I would stay here again. The omelets and the pancakes were delicious. The happy hour staff and bartender were AMAZING!!!

Very good hotel worth the money.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have a small microwave.

It was nice having a Keurig in the room, but I only had one Caffine Coffee Kuerig. On the second day I only had Decaf Coffee. My husband and I liked the happy hour. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Great Houston Location
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool and hot tub was filled with lots of kids running and jumpin in both later in the evening so was not able to use.

Overall a good experience, location and staff.

Great place to stay!!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed made my back hurt, other than that everything was fine.

Everything was fine, the room and the staff were great....wish I had more time to relax. I really enjoyed myself.

Great weekend stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sleeper sofa, and I knew what I was signing up for when booking the room. That being said, not at all upset with overall stay.

I liked the convenience of the rooms to the facilities. Additionally, the design of the property. The property was very clean and neat. Breakfast was excellent and choices were great. Room was wonderful except sleeper bed a bit uncomfortable (which is to be expected). Maybe a king bed in additional room as it was, and a regular double with a couple of chairs in front room. Staff were friendly and from what I observed accommodating.

Nice for a quick 2 night stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

- The front desk agents were not friendly and lacked knowledge about the area. - Breakfast ends too early (9am) and another cook at the egg station would be helpful to guest and the one person cooking and taking orders. - Parking should be FREE

- Pillows - Evening Reception - Lobby

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

No worth to stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The free wifi was terrible slow. Lower than 0,5mbps. The price for paid wifi was 9,95$ per day!!! The towels in the bathroom were smelling terrible. They let us only a small bottle of 5ml shower gel and shampoo for a 4 member family. The breakfast (bread, muffins, toast slices etc) was not so fresh.

The location and the stuff.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Friendly Staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The great did not work initially but the repair person was prompt ands thorough in getting it on so that I did not have to change rooms.

The staff were amazing. Gina and Edwardo at the bar were particularly friendly and engaging. Both went there extra mile to make my time pleasant. The rooms were clean, spacious, and up to date.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Spacious room and good breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was a little warm even though we had the air turned down really low.

The free breakfast was really good and the room was spacious. Close location to the galleria where my daughter had a dance competition so easy walking distance.

The Conference and the Hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked everything .... it is just that the location was further from the conference than I would have liked. That certainly is not the fault of the hotel.

Breakfasts and happy hours were great. The bed was great -- I slept like a baby.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Time for an update.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms are getting dated. Our hvac was broken in first room had to move. Toilet leaked. Shower tap leaked. Bathroom was dark.

Free breakfast was great deal. Free drinks in the evening is great way to unwind. Staff was vwry pleasant in all areas. Did what they could to meet our needs.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Tub, water valve had to be changed, as soon as water was...
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER, WHEN JUST BARELY OPEN THE COLD WATER.

Tub, water valve had to be changed, as soon as water was open, only extremely hot water came out shower head causing skin burn to chest and arm. Were changed from room yet the least of cold water was beyond acceptable beyond warm steaming. Had to use ice bucket to carry water from sink to shower in order to take a shower. A TRUE nightmare. The whole family had to do the same.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Great for families with kids
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Came for a reunion with college friends, all of them with small kids. The kids loved the indoor pool and we enjoyed the free happy hour (drinks and snacks) that starts at 5:30. Breakfast was great -- eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, cereal, juice, etc. Staff were so very kind and one lady brought out lettuce from the kitchen and let the kids in our group feed the swan.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The perfect weekend in the perfect location!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Checking out-- I could have stayed forever!

Everything: pool was the right size, happy hour was a blast, breakfast was delicious, staff was super helpful, rooms were clean and the perfect size

liked everything of the property the pool the bar.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

liked everything of the property the pool the bar. Specially the comfortable beds .

Everything was great!

Everything was great!

Excellent facilities with outstanding staff. We'll definitely stay again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Light above kitchen area not working properly.

Breakfast and happy hour were outstanding.

Great value for money!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Slightly more fruits option would be good

Omelet options were sufficient. Free flow Starbucks Coffee is a plus!

The refrigerator was not operating.
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator was not operating. The television screen was unclear.

Very good

No shuttle

Friendly and professional staff

Great Stay Vacation!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The happy hour and breakfast buffet! I loved my experience with Embassy!

Had a good time

Weather

Location was excellent

Great!

I liked it!

Great staff!

Convenient location.
    • One-Bedroom King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

Convenient location. Good breakfast.

Staff was very accommodating.
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

Broken elevator slowed us down a bit as we were on the 6th floor and the hotel was full.

Staff was very accommodating.

I would definitely stay again... the best free breakfast I have ever experienced in a hotel setting.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No rooms on the 1st floor.

The breakfast was AMAZING!!!!

Room size / breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room could use some brighter lighting.

Room size / breakfast

Bed was comfy
    • Premium King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool area & bathroom were not very clean

Bed was comfy

Michael and vanessa rawlins
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved everything about this property. No complaints.

Great customer service. Rooms very clean and large. Hot breakfast. Location.

6.0
    So t stay here again

I paid almost $400 for one night but the hotel seemed very old and outdated

good

Toilet was to low

Staff very nice

Great facility, will come back again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

One of the elevators was out of service so the wait time was extremely long.

Bed super comfy, great breakfast and friendly staff.

It was great

Only 1 elevator working

The atmosphere, spacious room

I would definitely book here again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The manager, bartender was amazingly pleasant! Very hospitable!

Excellent breakfast the staff

Excellent breakfast the staff

Just love staying at Embassy suites

Just love staying at Embassy suites

Presence of a bar and security
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms were dated and not cleaned well. Only 1 elevator.

Presence of a bar and security

Ok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When I booked with Booking.com, I was not told about $15 fee to park....

Noisy neighbors.

Noisy neighbors.

Decent breakfest.
    • Two-Room Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Decent breakfest. No vegetables at all.

The people are super friendly.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The people are super friendly.... honestly friendly people, manager, bartender, cooks !!! The entire crew

Exceptional
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

This is our second time there. If we return to Houston in then future this is where we will stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Having to pay for parking.

I liked the room size and the fact that it was a suite with 2 separate rooms. Also like the staff. Each one was exceptional

Browse Embassy Suites Houston - Near the Galleria traveller photo gallery