Reviews of Embassy Suites Kansas City International Airport 3 stars

7640 Northwest Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64153, USA

#47 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

The stay was awesome!!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Rooms seemed small & out dated & a little dirty the calling had watermarks on it like it go wet from a flood, the vents were the air conditioning unit sucks and blows air was filthy of black dust/mold, the floors looked clean when you walk in but dirty between the bed & night stand, bunch of dust bunnys. Acidently knocked my glasses off the night stand this is how it was discovered.

The Property, & atmosphere of the lobby & dining areas wow blew us away they looked sooooo amazing but the wow factor ended when we got to the room.

Do not stay here
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The entire time we recieved zero maid service. We had to ask for clean towels every day and we had to put our trash out side the day because our room was never clean a day we were there

The breakfast was good

Some of the staff were nice and attentive.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast was average. Not a lot of variety. There was a blackout but stairwell had no generator to see. I stayed on the 4th floor. You had to pay $8 per day for parking. Had to change my own sheets. Late arrival and sheets has spots. Housekeeping brought me sheets to change bedding myself. (HELLO, I am a guest!) Definitely need a car to get around. Refrigerator needs replacing. It was old with staining.

Some of the staff were nice and attentive. Close to airport and a shopping center about 3-5 miles away.

Great hotel.

Nothing particular....

Great hotel....shuttle was excellent....check in was smooth....older hotel that could use some upgrading but nice for Hilton property....

Okay place to stay
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

It seemed to be outdated compared to other hotels. I really didn't like that parking and WiFi are an extra charge. The beds were very uncomfortable as well.

There was a calm presence for the most part and the staff was helpful.

Not the best stay I've ever had
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

SEE ABOVE COMMENTS.the lobby was beautiful, but there was nowhere to sit and enjoy it

The food was disappointing compared to other embassy's I've stayed at. The food was very bland. The bed was tòo soft (I have a bad back), bath tub was stopped up the toilet was entirely too low for handicap access. Asked for showercap housekeeping did not know what I was talking about. I asked for one bed to be changed it was not.

Never again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The mattress was in terrible shape. It had such a big dip in the middle my husband and I felt like we were rolling downhill. The quiet time was also not enforced and staff appeared indifferent about children running amuck using the elevators as amusement park rides.

The room was clean and breakfast was good.

Overall our experience was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had to change rooms. First room smelled of cigarettes. Someone had smoked in the room and it was too stinky for us to stay in (Rm 306). The second room was much better (Rm 301). Toilet was leaking so we let folks know. Shower curtain rod was loose and hanging low - needs tightening. Bed was comfortable. Overall I think that the Hotel could use updating. Have to recognize the staff - they were friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was great. People were nice.

It was very clean.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I have no complaints. Everyone was very friendly. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.

It was very clean. I love the lobby area and on site restaurant/bar.

Wouldn’t recommend.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

At the price you pay for a room you have to PAY for WiFi. Restaurant was terrible. We waited 20 minutes for a server. Then the food was awful!

The doll show that was there.

Don’t plan on staying there again. Couldn’t find my reservation.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Beds, couch, no fan in bathroom, pool area dirty with to much chlorine in hot tub, no fans in pool area so very humid, bugs and the food was awful

Water feature in lobby

It was great. Spacious and comfortable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Elevators were slow due to cheerleading competition

We enjoyed the happy hour to relax and adjust after a long drive. We also loved the made to order breakfast. It’s hard to please 4 and 5 year olds with food.

The hotel was beautiful but they took my babies clothes
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that they had taken my daughters clothes. They said they may have threw them in the trash and would dig in the trash for them. But who wants to put clothes on their baby that was thrown in the trash. And that was the only thing they offered. I also asked about her clothes the day before and they never even got around to trying find out where they were until the next day when I went down to the desk. The least they could have did was gave a discount for one night of the room or something no one wants to put their baby in clothes that have been put in the trash. All I can say is don't leave things that you want in your room just take everything with you.

The hotel was nice. They had great breakfast. And I love happy hour and the hotel was beautiful.

Charging for it, I think it out it comes with the room.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I have stayed here many times and now all the sudden they are charging for parking because they are close to the airport I do not agree with Charging for it, I think it out it comes with the room.

Breakfast And evening reception were excellent.

The breakfast was awesome, I enjoyed choosing my own...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The breakfast was awesome, I enjoyed choosing my own customized omelette!! French toast was so fresh too! The room was nice & spacious! It was great having the nice indoor pool and being able to bring our family pet! Perfect for our family get away!! Thank you!

Rooms were clean and breakfast was great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Did not get the room we booked instead of a king we got two doubles which made sleeping with our toddler a challenge. Second the tv in the living room was broken and the phone in the bedroom was broke. Lastly the parking charge I would expect it at a football game but not a hotel this was the first hotel to charge me and that was disappointing

Rooms were clean and breakfast was great

very, very dissapointed. wont ever choose embassy sweets again.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

was charged for parking, ran my card three time instead of combining the bill as reservations were made. Asst Manager Barker very unprofessional, will never stay here again

Relatively comfortable, quiet stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was too soft and one tended to roll towards the middle, the comforter was difficult to pull up and stay in position. I can only drink decaffeinated drinks, there was not a choice of decaffeinated coffee in the room. I am sure that I am not the only person who has encountered this issue.

We enjoyed the swimming pool and whirlpool. The room size was very accommodating. The room was relatively quiet.

Our stay was great and we will certainly choose this facility when we come back to the area
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds were very comfy and the rooms very clean Plenty of towels and I liked being able to text the front desk with questions and they were very responsive

Great choice for a place to stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paying $8 to park seems ridiculous considering what you pay for a nightly rate, but I suppose it could have been worse.

Excellent location. The staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable and clean and breakfast was delicious.

Overall- for the price we paid it was great!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The pull-out sofa bed is very worn. Not very comfortable

The complimentary breakfast was great, room size was fantastic. I have two teens and two 10 year olds. The room was spacious and perfect for a large family!

Very nice the kids had a good time
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

We were put in a corner room when I asked to be moved I was told the hotel was full Next time I will ask for a better room

Happy hour and having a room on an upper floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful

The breakfast was amazing, the room was huge and very clean.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Paying for parking in an unsecured parking lot. The managers attitude when I questioned the parking policy. The location is a little bit of a drive from Midtown KC.

The breakfast was amazing, the room was huge and very clean. I also loved the price which was a lot cheaper than other comparable hotels. This is a great deal for the price. Breakfast included saved me time and money!

We enjoy staying at this hotel and overall it's a good experience. Nice staff.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not thrilled about paying $8 to park. I can see charging if someone is flying out and parking their car there. People paying for a hotel stay should not pay parking in this area. No pool towels. Pool wasn't as clean as I'd expect to see.

Evening reception is a nice bonus. Rooms are nice sized. Breakfast excellent.

Beds - Excellent
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Couch - OK but not very comfortable Hide a bed - Poor Surprise charges for parking - BAD

Beds - Excellent Cook to order Chef - Excellent All staff I dealt with - Very Good Breakfast - Good

The room is set up nicely for our family of 5.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I think the sofa bed is past its prime. $8 for parking.

The room is set up nicely for our family of 5. The extra sink is very handy. The breakfast is delicious.

The staff for breakfast were great and the hotel was very...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Being charged to park my car is absolutely ridiculous, and I did not appreciate it at all. The tv in our room did not work properly either.

The staff for breakfast were great and the hotel was very nice and clean.

loved the Cooked to order Breakfast and the complimantart...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a problem with my bill, i was charged an extra 80 dollars and as of checkout still wasnt resolved.

loved the Cooked to order Breakfast and the complimantart beverage hour.

That' it's an embassy suiye
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

$75.00 pet free. Arrived at 8p gone by 8a. Other hotels we've stayed in (just as nice) pet fee was half as much

That' it's an embassy suiye

Well deserved rest.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was only average but the omelet to order pushed it above average. A common problem for hotels offering breakfast to have good tasting buffet items. Variety made it passable.

Well appointed suite. Comfortable furniture and a bed my wife wanted to take home. Luxurious towels, very nice bedding. Very good value for the price.

Could have been much better
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The front desk lady was very rude to my children and there was a very bad water bug problem crawling in the beds up the walls in the bathroom they didn't seem to care too much and only took off 25.00 when I payed 248.00 for one night!!

My brothers wedding was really nice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No free wifi, no hair dryer in the room for wife or daughter to use. The pool was nice although seemed to have way to much chlorine in it and also seemed salty.

I like breakfast and the drink and snack in the evening. The rooms were really nice,comfortable beds.

Did not have a clean room.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Did not have a clean room. The cover on the bed had dried blood on it and the door to the room was sticking so hard to open. We had six in the room and only three towels and stains on them. Toenail clipping on floor. The rug was stained and dirty. The floor of the eating area was so sticky that you lost your shoes.

The place was nice, but other things were not.
    • Standard Double Suite - Disability Access

They close part of their parking lot at night so you have to go a back way to get in after paying for parking. The house keepers did not come clean our room when we were out for the day. The housekeeper said she only takes trash out and outs towels in the room, but the front desk assured us that our room would get clean when we were gone. You have to pay for Wi-Fi.

The hotel was really nice and we all slept comfortably.

over all we enjoyed our stay and will defiantly be coming back next time we visit KC
    • Premium Double Suite

beds are small for 2 people to sleep comfortable together on, defiantly needs to be at least a queen to qualify for a 2 person bed.

the daily full service breakfast with buffet and the daily complimentary hours in the evening was amazing and made it well worth the nightly rate. All the staff was very friendly and took care of any need we needed.

Not going back to stay!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The beds were old and worn out, the room was dirty. The room was more expensive then what was said on the reservation. The hot tub was closed, the stairway was awful dirty and the parking lot was over taken with Harley's.

The breakfast.

Great place to treat yourself. Excellent free breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It could be a little cleaner for the price. The fridge and the counters were a little dirty. Also should upgrade to better toilet paper, that stuff is rough.

My kids love the glass elevators. I loves the salt water pool.

Nice but could b better
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rediculous that you have to pay for parking in a motel you're already paying to stay at. When we 1st checked in we were hurrying to make the pool before 10 close and receptionist gave us a room that already had somebody in it so thank goodness they weren't there when we walked in. All their stuff was laying around room and the guy came out of elevator just as we closed his room door. Lucky there wasn't a drug deal going on or something indecent. Room was also a little dirty. Found some hairs

Breakfast was great. Room was large and accomodating.

nice place
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Charged for outdoor parking, and charge for wi-fi, when spending $185 for a room that should be free.

The atmosphere, inside the facility is like being away from the outside world

Won't be back
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Showed up at 3:45pm for a 3pm check in. Room wasn't ready, had to wait for our room. Making us late to the baseball game. At check in I was also told about having to pay for parking even though when I booked this room it said free parking. They did waive this because we had to wait for our room to be ready for so long. Wife wasn't happy and I was quite upset about being late to the ballgame. Won't stay here even again.

Rooms were big, quiet, and relaxing. The coffee was good, I will give them that.

The evening snack reception and hot breakfast were terrific!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The lobby area was neat and tidy. However, the floors in our room were quite dirty. Walking on them without shoes turned the bottoms of our feet black! It was a busy weekend so the pool area was quite crowded. Most of the evening Saturday there were no towels for the pool guests. We were told several times that someone was taking care of it. When someone finally came with towels, they only brought one!!! No one came to clean up the used towels in the pool area either. The container was overflowing with used, wet towels for most of the night.

The evening snack reception and hot breakfast were terrific!

Amenities good. Staff not.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast was okay but the cook at the breakfast line was not pleasant at all. The girl at the front desk was nasty to us when we first walked up to the counter and wasn't kind the rest of the trip.

Probably won't stay at this location again. To far from main KC attractions. Bad outways the good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

That we had to pay to park our car. What was we to do with our vehicle if we stayed and didn't park at the location? That our room didn't get clean on Sunday! The dog poop in the elevator as we went down for breakfast on Monday and it took them almost an hour to get it clean--awful.

The friendly staff.

Really enjoyed it!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was a buffet, but you had to wait in line for certain things. I get waiting in line for made-to-order omelettes and pancakes, but not sausage and bacon. Also, be warned they changed their parking policy. It used to be free but now it's $8/day.

Bed was awesome! And free drinks and snacks 5:30-7:30!

Will stay again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast had a lot of variety but a lot of thw food was cold!

The bed was super comfortable, the suite was clean and you could hear no noise at all from anywhere! The staff was amazing, Peggy and Paula were awesome!!!

Embassy Suites is my favorite Hotel. This is where I always stay when possible.
    • Premium Double Suite

I really don't know every thing was great. The staff was amazing. They were like old friends that we visited with. This was my second visit to this Embassy Suites.

The eggs were cold but no matter, were eaten any way

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Disappointed
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

We have stayed at several different hotels in and around Kansas City at all different price points.Never, not even with budget hotels have we ever had a bug problem. Wife checks every hotel for bed bugs and Roaches immediately upon arrival in any hotel. Wife killed a Roach on the first morning. For that reason we won't be back. We payed the extra money for cleanliness,comfort,and amenities being a 2 day stay with our child and were disappointed.

We loved the size of the room. The separated living space from bedroom was ideal for our situation having to be up at separate times. Complementary drinks and snacks was a plus since the nearest store is a mile or so down the interstate. Staff including bar staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Breakfast and snack time was amazing
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Charged my card even when I paid cash for the room now I've paid twice for my room . I have no idea if or when I will get my money back

Breakfast and snack time was amazing

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

A pleasant, restorative, relaxing stay. Ambience was also enjoyable. Wonderful breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

help by phone at front desk when checking if item is left behind. I had item actually I found out later, but they were not concerned and would not help immediately. They referred me to housekeeping or go online and submit lost and found through a web company. this seems like alot of work and hassle when just asking if any item had been left in my room. I called when I got back to Wi.

the bed was divine

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Was very tuned off by the older night lady manager, very rude.
    • Standard Double Suite - Disability Access

Night manager was rude and not professional. She needs classes in how to respond in a professional manner, you never know who you are talking too.

Breakfast was great and happy hour enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The breakfast was good, nice bartender and shuttle to...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was awful, but I had already unpacked and did not want to have to move. It was in a Vshape where you would fall into the middle like a V. You could feel the springs a little as well.

The breakfast was good, nice bartender and shuttle to airport.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Would be great if they knocked about a 1/3 of the price
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room 619 they called it a premium suite and we did get complementary snacks but The beds are too small, They were only full-size and should be at least queen sized. Living room furniture was not comfortable at all. There's no sink or counter in the bathroom so there's nowhere to put your clothes except on the floor, a few simple hooks would be nice. Breakfast was OK but the bacon was overcooked each day. The fire alarm must be pretty sensitive because it went off early in the morning They thought it was from the breakfast grill.

The cook was entertaining, the staff was very polite and the building was very clean.

Great stay.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

I don’t like paying for parking. I’ve already paid enough for the room.

Room and staff were great.

Had a great girls trip
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

You had to pay for parking

The breakfast was great! Loved loved cocktail time!!!!!

Breakfast, staff, and accommodations were all great
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Was expected to pay for parking if I didn't sign up for Hilton rewards

Breakfast, staff, and accommodations were all great

Good breakfast.
    • Standard Double Suite - Disability Access

The fee for the internet.

Good breakfast. I also liked the text option for asking questions.

Overpriced.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The beds not comfortable. Room ok. Overpriced for what it is.

Staff was accommodating and pleasant.

Nickel and dimes you.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Nickel and dimes you. $10 for WiFi. $8 for parking. $40 in taxes. Old, stale rooms. Worst Embassy I’ve ever stayed at.

The one older lady at the front desk was very unfriendly.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The one older lady at the front desk was very unfriendly.

Day trip
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was very crowded that day.

Nice open view on the inside.

Cannot wait to come back!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. Perhaps a fan in the bathroom?

Breakfast was wonderful and so was the Happy Hour. All the staff was wonderful too@

Everything was clean and they did everything to make your...

NA

Everything was clean and they did everything to make your stay great. Would love to come back again.

Happy Hour!!

Paying for parking and WiFi

Loved Happy Hour!! Breakfast was incredible. Staff was friendly. Rooms were comfortable

Room service

Happy hour

We will definitely be back

Breakfast was amazing

Great Value, Perfect for large families!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast is amazing! We loved the free drinks and snacks for happy hour!

Was good location for what we were in KC for.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Needed more pillows in the rooms, and never received when called and asked for them from room service.

Pancakes were perfect.

Hotel needs renovation .
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Hotel needs renovation . Beds are old , staff forgot my wake up call . I will never stay there again

Overall, I had a very good stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

On Saturday morning I got the wrong omelette.

The bed extra comfort.

Amazing

Nothing is

The complimentary drinks and snacks, Breakfast was delicious. Everything was was amazing.

Very enjoyable and relaxing!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn’t like!

The atmosphere and employees were very pleasant and friendly!

Cool hotel. Weird staff.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The staff stares at you while you eat if you're brown.

Very clean.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

Very clean. Amazing breakfast!!! Indoor pool/hot tub waster great and a good distance from the airport

This hotel had all the amenities we wanted and everyone had a blast.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite

The restaurant, happy hour, and the large room.