Reviews of Embassy Suites Lexington 4 stars

1801 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511, USA

#8 of 62 hotels in Lexington

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe a little pricey. But other than that it was great !

Great hotel. Great service. great food. Great room. A little pricey.... but overall a great stay !!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

- There was a silent auction Sunday morning in the middle area and was not that silent!! It was loud - bed was uncomfortable - the indoor pool was freezing cold. - was too expensive, more expensive than a New York Times Square hotel!! 450$ for 1 night !

-Staff are friendly - good location - free parking

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a rude server during breakfast. I came down around 7 alone to enjoy breakfast before my children woke, and that I did. When the children woke around 9:45 I went down to prepare breakfast for them so they could enjoy it in the room as breakfast ended around 10:30. While in the breakfast area I asked the server if they could prepare more French toast sticks and she rudely told me no. It was 10am, and I tried to be understanding as breakfast was ending soon, but she proceeds to say that she had been there since 4am (not my issue) and that she hadn't even fixed her plate yet (definitely not my issue). Her complaints were of no relevance to me as I had 3 hungry boys to tend too. So all in all a great stay but a disgruntle employee nearly ruined it.

The Managers reception from 5:30pm - 7:30pm, which consists of light snacks and beverages. Also breakfast was great with the exception of a rude server.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel is a little dated. One of the chairs in the dining area had loose arms.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. The omelet cook made delicious omelets, and he always remembered everything the guest asked for without writing it down. We also enjoyed the managers reception. The front desk was always friendly and professional.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

They had a great breakfast and a free wine/beer reception every afternoon - dinner menu was also good- good location- we stayed there because that was where our horse farm tour picked us up w

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was very bad. They emptied the trash cans, but did not resupply the bath. The hotel is set up for one or two night travelers. We really like a shower tub combination, but this was not an option. No bellmen or bellwomen, no concierge, not much help for local attractions.

I was expecting an upscale experience, but other than the extra room and TV, I received just a Hampton Inn type of experience. It cost 250 a night for a 150 a night experience. Breakfast was nice and there was a managers happy hour every night with a few snacks.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice to have a suite with two queen beds. The double beds were designed more for either one adult or two children. The sofa and cloth chairs were stained and needed to be cleaned.

Awesome lobby and beautiful interior space. The pool was bigger the most hotels. The included breakfast was really good. The made to order omlets and pancakes exceeded my expectations. The staff was well trained and showed great customer service.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

My bathroom was a little dated

I loved the view out of my room. The sound of the waterfalls was so relaxing. The breakfast was amazing! Will definitely be coming back to the Embassy Suites in Lexington!

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

This hotel really isn’t near anything like restaurants or shopping. A bit of a drive for those kinds of things.

Nice hotel with all you would need. Enjoyed the breakfast options and the nightly manager’s reception. Friendly staff!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff in The Breakfast Center was really rude every time we was down there... I have stayed at embassies before but I don't know that I would ever come back to this one

The bed was real comfy!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was wonderfull. The facility was beautifully laid out. The room was spacious and very clean with a great selection of tv channels to choose from. The pool was indoors but away from the rooms so as not to bother the guest. Overall one of the best hotels I've stayed with. The only improvement would be if the hotel were on a beach somewhere.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

IT WAS FREEZING COLD IN THE POOL AREA. WE COULD NOT GO SWIMMING, IT WAS TOO COLD TO EVEN SIT IN THE POOL AREA. WE ASKED AT THE FRONT DESK TO TURN THE HEAT UP, THEY SAID THEY WOULD, BUT THAT NEVER HAPPEND. WAS VERY DISSAPPOINTED, MY HUSBAND AND I WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO A NICE SWIM.

THE MANAGER RECEPTION AND BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Paid $38 for internet without notice, majority of food was bar/room service food was presented cold and heating in the indoor pool area was out and it was unbearable to use the pool.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Shower curtain was torn and the tub wouldn’t drain, standing in water. Wanted to upgrade to a bigger room but would have been 400.00 plus the price of our present room because we had gone through a third party, booking.com

The beauty of the facility

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Don't be miss lead, the Two room suite is a living room, and a bed room. They do have a room with a living room, and two bed rooms. I thought I had booked the later, but the staff accommodated us quickly, and it wasn't a problem. Great hotel, great location though.

Great staff, great bar, and great breakfast!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the living area of the suite was not good enough. There were several table lamps but they didn't give enough light for my taste. I thought the bed was very comfortable but my friend thought it might be a tad soft. The TV in the living area didn't have very good sound.

The hotel was within 15 minutes of everything we needed to do. The Manager's reception every other afternoon was very nice, with snacks and some drinks free. The breakfast, with custom omelet/pancake/egg station, was impressive. Our suite was clean and nicely appointed. There was a TV in both the bedroom and living room as well as a fridge and microwave.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

On all levels, there is a wonderful staff at this location. We had a middle of the night medical emergency with one of our friends that was handled with enormous consideration all though our stay.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room smelled of smoke. Ground floor next to bar. $300/night. After I booked and paid, I kept getting messages from Booking.com that rates had dropped for the hotel on my nights???? Cleaner entered room twice on last morning (at 8 am and 9am??). Check out is 10 or 11?

Location, room size

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was great We had our two grandkids and they loved it. Thank youThe breakfast is always wonderful and the social hour in the afternoon is good for adults

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can't think of anything I didn't like. A beautiful be place to stay. Very friendly staff and very clean.

Breakfast was the best that any hotel has to offer.I thought everything was awesome

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The best placed I have ever stayed Great buffet breakfast included with your stay,drinks and snacks every night included with your stay. A very beautiful hotel and very friendly staff I will definitely stay at another embassy suites again

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Not being able to remain an additional evening for the same rate--it would have cost $50 more; I changed lodgings for the additional evening;

Friendly, accommodating staff; very comfortable and privayduite in nook off the main mezzanine; beautiful fountains that kept interior air quality freshened; wonderful breakfasts, especially omelettes; generous afternoon snack meal;

• King Suite with Disability Access and Bathtub - Non Smoking

Not enough towels in the suite.

I loved the happy hour and especially the made to order breakfast. These are the two main reasons that I chose to stay at the Embassy Suite every year for my vacation in Lexington KY. Please keep up the great accommodations.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The manager's reception. For such a high-quality hotel, you'd think they could serve something more substantial than cold vegetables and dip...

Almost everything. I stay at embassy suites all over the country. They are great. Always clean, helpful staff, quiet, and comfortable. I did not stay long enough to try the restaurant or the other amenities.

• King Suite with Disability Access and Bathtub - Non Smoking

Bathroom sink caulking needs to be replaced.

Loved the pool hours and the breakfast buffet was very good. Phillip's omelette was superb! Bed was very comfortable and enjoyed having a living room, so when I woke up earlier than my spouse, I did not bother him.

• King Suite with Disability Access and Bathtub - Non Smoking

appetizer selection lacking compared to another Embassy Suites in Columbus OH. Bathroom too compact, crowded. Bathtub instead of step-in shower. Final cost way over the come-on ad.

Spaciousness and comfort of the room . Separate sleeping area.. Breakfast offerings. Pleasant atmosphere in general.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The A/C was not turned to a comfortable temperature upon arrival and it took a while to cool the room to a comfortable temperature.

Great space, we were able to have some family members sleep while others used the separate living room area to watch television.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The room could have been colder - A/C was not adjusted to a comfortable temperature upon arrival and it took a long time to cool the room.

The bed was very comfortable, we loved having the separate living room area.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The service in the restaurant was very friendly and the food was delicious! The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Kitchen for breakfast wasn't open before we had to leave to volunteer for Rolex. Very disappointing considering the price of the room.

we volunteered at Rolex & kitchen was not open yet. We would have to have been done with breakfast by 6:30 to 6:45 AM. So no breakfast for us, very disappointing for the money spent.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Restaurant was a big disappointment, cold baked potato, a questionable rib eye steak that was mainly fat and mushrooms that were so salty they could not be eaten.

Management took care of our restaurant problem quickly and professionally. As a result we will definitely return to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

No complaint at all! Except maybe that I wish we could've stayed a little bit longer to enjoy the pool.

I made reservations to this hotel for myself, husband, baby and six other family members. We were on our way to Florida and we ended up not getting to the hotel until 2:00am. It was already a long trip from where we lived in Wisconsin to Lexington. Before we even got to the front desk, we were amazed at the facility. The fountains and ponds were our first impressions of the hotel. I don't recall the gentleman's name who was at the front desk, but he was extremely friendly and made conversation with my 3 year old nephew. The room was very spacious. The living area with a pull out couch, was separated with a door from the bedroom, giving a little more privacy. In the morning, we went down for breakfast. That was another great experience. The dining area was set up with very nice booths and tables. You could get an omelette made to your liking with your preferred toppings on it. The breakfast was more substantial than most hotels that I've ever been to. I also don't think I've ever been to a hotel where the staff came by my table frequently to make sure the food was okay and to remove empty plates from our table. Every single staff member we came across was very friendly and hospitable. If I am ever in this area again, I will definitely stay here. I would also highly recommend this hotel to others.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe have more than 1 person serving for the complimentary cocktail time.

Yummy breakfast and the complimentary cocktail time was just right before we headed off to dinner. The entire property is very pretty.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

My daughters and their friends enjoyed the room, the pool, and of course, the breakfast was sublime!!! We had a wonderful stay and the staff were great!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

SAFETY BARS IN THE SHOWER. SHOWERHEAD PLACEMENT MADE IT AWKWARD TO CHECK WATER TEMPERATURE WITHOUT GETTING IN SHOWER. WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER PLACED AT SHOWER ENTRANCE. LIGHT SWITCH BY EXTERIOR DOOR SHOULD HAVE TURNED ON A LIVING ROOM LIGHT INSTEAD OF BEDROOM LIGHT.

I WAS WELL PLEASED WITH MY VISIT. COMFORTABLE SUITE. WELL LAID OUT. APPLIANCES IN GOOD SHAPE. HELPFUL STAFF. EXCELLENT BREAKFAST. BEAUTIFUL LOBBY.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Unruly children running through the facilty until about 10:00 pm. Breakfast did not start until 7:00 am. Most start at 6:00 am. Line too long for a la carte eggs.

Facility was easy to get to from the interstate. Clean and well kept facility.

Little outdated

Free breakfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

everything and everyone was great

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great Breakfast! Made to order omelettes were awesome .

Pool was to cold

The breakfast was great so many options.

Not a thing

The size of the room and the friendly staff

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Heating system very loud and right beside the bed

Bed was comfy

Driveway

Convenient

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff went the extra mile to give a quick tour! Bartenders at manager’s reception were awesome!

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Couldn't find anything wrong.

Everything was beautiful! I loved the free hors d'oeuvres and alcohol from 5:30-7:30! Great stay!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room cost $300 and it was incredibly underwhelming and average for that cost. The hotel is also out of date and older in design.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Small bathroom and it didn’t have a fan to vent the showers

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

cost too high

breakfast

Pillows went flat fast

Large space of room with separate bedroom

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great! Room super clean. Check in and out were both a breeze

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast selection, super comfy beds, nice pillows, clean spacious rooms.

Beautiful

Not having our room ready until 5:30 when check in was supposed to be at 3pm

Love the managers reception

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Comfort of home and the restaurant. No extra trips to get food.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly and the hotel was immaculate. Room was clean and comfortable.

• King Suite with Disability Access and Bathtub - Non Smoking

Top notch service. Super comfy bed, very clean room, and the complimentary breakfast was amazing!!

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

We showed up and our rooms were supposed to be ready at 3, and they weren’t ready until 6:30. No one offered any type of compensation.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The tv in the bedroom did not work & the staff upon check in were not very courteous.

• Three-Bedroom King Suite

Great breakfast

No where to smoke.

It was very clean and the staff was great!!

• King Suite with Disability Access and Bathtub - Non Smoking

Food service pool staff bartender exvellent!!

Fountain

Breakfast was plentiful -

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds were comfortable, location was close to the interstate, staff very pleasant, and great breakfast.

Great desk service

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Extremely well-trained staff, hospitable and informative check-in. Southern charm. The breakfast buffet was far above average.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Quite a long way out of town. But that's being picky!

Facilities were excellent. Room very well equipped. Restaurant good and swimming pool fine.

Very good breakfast variety

Breakfast should begin at 0600 not 0630

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was EXTREMELY helpful!

Rates

• King Suite with Disability Access and Bathtub - Non Smoking

Beautiful property clean rooms comfortable excellent food

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air condition would cool off. Room didn't get cleaned after first nite. Seemed out dated a little. To expensive for that hotel.

Beautiful area

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet and happy hour

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

That we couldn't stay longer!

From the moment we drove up to the door everyone and everything exceeded our expectations!

Browse Embassy Suites Lexington traveller photo gallery