Reviews of Embassy Suites Los Angeles - Downey 3 stars

8425 Firestone Boulevard, Downey, CA 90241, USA

#1 of 8 hotels in Downey

Clean, Comfortable and a Fantastic Location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

the pool was smaller than I expected

A very kind maintenance man came up and helped my teenage son connect his Xbox One to the TV. That was awesome. The pillows and bed were amazing and the shower was very nice too. The made-to-order omelets were delicious, as were the breads, fruit, and meats. I didn't love the breakfast potatoes or the oatmeal, but there were plenty of other options. Overall, a lovely stay :)

The staff was amazing
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

For the two nights I spend a constant loud noise would go off and on ever 5 -10 second though out the night and day never stopping once.

The staff was amazing

Great bar food and staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

public spaces very cold and chilly.

Great bar food and staff the hotel breakfast was just ok cold food not actually served to you as stated a buffet The entire hotel was very chilly

I loved the indoor pool and the breakfast was great.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The "neutral" ac/heating settings are not normal. Everyone's body temp isn't the same. Some people are hot when some are cold so I think it's very unnatural to not be able to adjust the temp in your room. My room was very hot and stuffy and I requested a fan and all that did was blow around the hot air. Very uncomfortable to sleep and very stuffy and hard to breathe fresh air for my kid that has asthma

I loved the indoor pool and the breakfast was great. Also the evening happy hour was really nice. Parking was easily accessible.

Although I enjoyed my time in Southern California, I was disappointed with Embassy Suites.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

During the evening, we requested an extra blanket. The blanket never was brought to our room, so I went to the front desk to ask for an extra blanket. I was then told that they did not have any. First off, for the price paid, extra blankets should be available. Second, if there were no more extra blankets available, a hotel staff member should have contacted us and let us know. We should not have had to wait for a long period of time, make another request for an extra blanket, in order to find out that none were available. I had to go to my car and get an extra blanket that we brought with us for travelling purposes. this is unacceptable. If I have to bring my own extra blankets, I should have stayed at a Motel 6 or the like. Furthermore, the evening staff member seemed perturbed that I made a request for an extra blanket.

The representative who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. She was a delight to work with.

Overall good. My grandaugter and I enjoyed it.
    • Premium King Suite

Did not have a roomy balcony and no view from the balconly. Last stay was great. Bedding was more comfy on the last stay also. Refrigerator was not cold enough and could not locate an ice machine.

Food was excellent.

Overall it was a great stay. The amenities, facilities, cleanliness and comfort exceeded my expectat
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Check-in time of 4:00 pm is way too late. Air conditioning in the hotel has automatic settings based on the outdoor temperature which did not work for all of us as there's 5 of us in the room and we came from a temperate country. We were hot everytime we were in the hotel room.

Facilities, complimentary breakfast, happy hour and location

Overall more than I expected. Embassy suites is my choice hotel from now on.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking was hard but understood because there were parties going on when my partner arrived.

You have name brand items in the room we recognized and trust.

The freshly cooked omelets for breakfast were great.
    • Queen Suite

They need to supply cold water at breakfast and throughout the day. The little container and tiny cups isn't enough. Water and remaining hydrated is important. After all tap water is free

The freshly cooked omelets for breakfast were great. It was also nice to have a large room to spread out on as there were 5 of us. Staff were great. Friendly and pleasant. They changed our room with no problem when it was required. Very helpful.

Served our purpose, but certainly did not feel upscale.
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Facility in serious need of redecorating. Room was not pleasing. Carpets in hallways rippled, and dirty--Dangerous.

Breakfast was nice. Staff very pleasant.

Relaxing and enjoyable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I could not get credit for Hilton Honor's points because we booked through a third party. Hilton's website had no rooms available for this hotel on their website (at a lower price) We made our booking through Booking.com. Breakfast is from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., on weekends it should be extended to 11:00 a.m.

Front desk clerk, I think her name was Karla? was very gracious and did not impose a charge for using WiFi since I am a Hilton's Honor member.

Nice and comfy
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Bed was comfortable and warm, nice view from the room, accommodating, courteous hotel staff and personnel, helpful, too, near shopping district, museums, parks, and other places of interest. Food is not a problem, there are many restaurants nearby, hotel also serves good meal.

In the future my family and I will only stay st Hilton Hotels and we live The Embassy Suites.
    • Premium King Suite

My daughter and I did see three guys breaking into cars. They were only going in the ones that didn't lock their car doors. My husband went to the front desk but they didn't seem to concerned. We even have them in video tape in someone's car. The cops drive through the parking lot once and that was it. A little unsettling, but my daughter felt like a hero. She was the one that first noticed them.

That the room came with snacks and drinks. Very big bonus and very pleased.

This hotel is the standard by which all others should strive for!
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

This survey does not have a choice for traveling with family and everyone is an adult....which is my category.

Staff was the best I've ever seen! Breakfast was excellent.

Provided great toiletries, and the coffee- tea was perfect...
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The wedding party going on below played very loud music until way past 10:30 p.m., making it very difficult to sleep after a long three week vacation coming from England.

Provided great toiletries, and the coffee- tea was perfect for late night.

We had dirty sheets from day one we brought it up to the...
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We had dirty sheets from day one we brought it up to the front desk but they never changed our sheets at all.I been staying there a couple of times but and never had a complaint till my last visit.

So-So, won't stay again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The restaurant service and food was almost comically bad. I got a wine glass handed to me with lipstick all over it and my "Caesar salad" was definitely the worst and smallest I've ever had. To be fair the pizza we ordered via room service was excellent and delivered in a reasonable amount of time. I didn't like that your front room doesn't actually have any windows other than the one to the hallway. You'd have to be exposed to everyone to have any natural light in there, and even then it would be minimal. Bathroom was small, shower also dark. Chair in room was very worn.

The front desk was wonderful! Very friendly and helpful. The lobby was beautiful, it would have been a great place to hangout if need be. The bed was very comfortable and the room seemed clean.

Not a hilton standard
    • Premium King Suite

The room set up is good for photos, not in person. Old carpet, old furniture. very small bathroom with limited supply. Fridge didn't work. Small selection for breakfast.

the outside and lobby look very nice. Fresh breakfast. Good coffee. Room temperature and lightning are great. Lots of mirrors. Clean and comfy sheets.

My family loved the hotel.
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

I saw 2 bedbugs in my bed. I kill them didn't saw more but that make the room disgusting for me. The property is nice but I think they need to check the beds and the walls the one by the window was Brocken and needed pain that make it the room old looking

My family loved the hotel. Breakfast and free drinks was the hit. We definetly will come back hope the room we get next is more clean and more preventable

Great location, free perks and amazing food at the cafe
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door got stuck and was very difficult to open. My mother thought she was stuck in the bathroom. I had to have her stand back and push the door in. The air conditioning didn't work in the living room area.

They offered free drinks and snacks for happy hour

Poor Staff
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

The staff horrible service racist a lady she said she couldn't help me in Spanish because she didn't speak Spanish and I ask another staff does she speak Spanish and she said yes lying to me in my face but I understand very well English they made me call booking.com to solve an issue in the front desk because I only booked one day and they were charging me 2 days ridiculous the staff there is just poor humiliating people from their same race

We loved the breakfast bar it's amazing how they prepare everything fresh for you loved the hotel Very nice and comfortable

Nice room, Nice location the room was clean except for the balcony
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not my favorite, plus I hate the fact that the staff have to ask me if I was staying there and if I have a room key There was not waitress and lack of variety to eat, No ice machine on my floor

I like the bar it was nice to have a drink and just take the elevator to my room

Family of 6 (4 Kids) It's worth it! Book it!!!

Bathrooms were very small. And Jacuzzi did not work

Felt very safe with security roaming properties in and out. Loved that we had a safe in our suite for our valuables while we left room. Pool (Indoors) stays open late (till midnight) 👍 Wonderful breakfast ( Great Variety) Clean property, Very nice staff, attentive to our needs.

Worst place to stay at
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

At night you could hear everything: kids running in the halls, people yelling, elevator running. The room service food was terrible. The person at the front desk tried to charge us for the wifi during check out when we didn't even purchase it.

family loved it
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

The room was clean, comfortable and access to services was great.. we always have a great experience, this time I took other family members and they loves it... The breakfast buffet was delicious...

Spacious and comfortable room.
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

-Difficult to find a parking space, it seems parking area is not big enough for size of the hotel. -Shocking there are no food/room service after 10 pm on a sunday so I'd recommend you eat before getting to the hotel.

Spacious and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Hidden costs surprise traveler
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Embassy Suites required an additional deposit above the price quoted me by Booking.com. They said I'll get it back in 4 - 5 weeks. I don't see why there was this deposit and why it should take so long to get back. If this typical for Booking.com not to quote an accurate price, I may not use it again.

Clan, well kept property. Quiet environment.

Room service left the hall ways smelling real bad food all...
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Room service left the hall ways smelling real bad food all over the place and hallways smell especially rite infront of my room I was grossed out!! They need to keep the place clean and pick up left over room not leave it in hallway so everyone can smell and look at it!!!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Love and Hate
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Really Really dislike the fact that I can't control my air in my room I couldn't get any sleep because I was freezing the rooms are central air and controlled by the front desk when I called to report that I was cold and how to turn on heater I was told they are not using the heat at this time only the AC... not good

The rooms are very spacious and clean love love love the balconies staff was awesome and friendly perfect location and OMG right next to Porto's the best pastry Deli and coffee anytime

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

It's ok but too high priced for bad furniture
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofa was dirty Olson nasty. The mattress on sofa bed was badly stained n had some bug on it, my grandkids got bites n we were all itching, hope they not bed bugs! I did complain but they stated they had no other mattress. The kind bed looked like a queen & the bed was uncomfortable, the pillows were terrible n flat they hurt

The breakfast & evening drinks, snacks are nice. Very welcoming

Our Worst Embassy Experience
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We have stayed with Embassy Suite Hotels many times, and this was by far the worst experience we have every had. Normally the staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, and the breakfast is worth a higher nightly rate. This was not the case for our vacation this time around. Upon check-in, we started experiencing problems. We requested two cribs for our children (we have a 14 month old and 3 month old) when making the reservation, however we had to request them again when checking in since there was no mention of those being sent to our room. This was very inconvenient since we arrived late and our children were already really tired. We weren't able to put them to bed right away since we had to wait for the cribs to be brought up, which took quite some time. The room was dirty and smelled musty. Our daughter was walking around our room and her feet were blackened numerous times by the dirt in the carpets. When cleaning rooms, the staff left plates of food on the floors outside in the hallways for numerous days. The rooms were hot, and we were unable to turn the air on since the hotel had an air control policy. We requested a fan be brought to our room for our children who are sensitive to heat, and were told one would be sent right up, but it was never brought. When requested again then next day, they brought us a heater. After letting them know of the mix up, they said they did not have any fans available. Our babies were not able to get restful/comfortable sleep for the duration of our stay because of the room temperature, which in turn means we were unable to get restful sleep. The last straw was the breakfast that the hotel offers. We selected this hotel for the breakfast since it would be easiest to get something for our daughter to eat right away after she woke up. However the breakfast that we got had hair in the eggs. Definitely not something that we were pleased to find when feeding her.

The only redeeming quality was the hotel's proximity to our sister's house.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Overrated and too expensive for what it was
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not like the being kept up at night by the convention center directly below our room. The food gave us diarrhea. As a result, we stayed one night, but payed for two, and had zero compensation.

The free coffee.

Terrible for an Embassy Suites
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Customer service was poor, jacuzzi not working, leaking roof caused wet carpet and floors in many different areas of the hotel. Room was not ready by check in time...had to sit in lobby for an hour. Booking.com advertised that lunch and dinner were $15 and the hotel said that was not correct.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Really enjoyed the breakfast and warm environment.
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

My first room on the third floor was located beside a very noisy exterior generator. No hotel guest should ever be subjected to that situation.

Staff was willing to move me to a higher floor.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

I enjoy always staying at the embassy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had a family emergency and i had ti check out a day early and to my surprise you still charged me for 2 days.I was in no position emotionally due to my emergency but i thought that was a little insensitive.

I enjoy always staying at the embassy.they have roomy suites and breakfast and its always clean.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The location of your room matters here!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was right next to the street, above the lobby, a conference room, and the pool so it was very loud. We left the same day and didn't sleep there, I requested a room up higher and we were placed on the second floor dealing with all of this.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great breakfast and nice facility.
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

My second floor room was next to some kind of HVAC unit that turned on every 10 seconds, which was very disruptive to my sleep. When I was checking out I told the staff and they just said "Oh sorry that happened" with no follow up.

Great breakfast and nice facility.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nasty and Dirty Hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Upon reaching the room, outside of the room on the carpet were dirty dishes with left overs, then when entering the room it smelled staled. The bathroom was not clean, the sofa bed has a broken spring sticking out of the side and it scratched my daughter-in-law. Upon exiting the next day, the same dishes were still sitting with left over on the carpet on the hallway. This is the first time in the US or abroad that I visit a nasty and dirty Embassy Suites. If it is a Franchise, actions shall be taken to correct this mess, and the price was outrageous for such a stench. This truly ruined my view of Embassy Suites.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Will be back soon!
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

The staff,the breakfast and the happy hour were awesome! We love the location,loved the room and will be coming back soom!Decorated beautifully for the holidays.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

All excellent
    • Deluxe Suite

Complimentary happy hour had only one bar tender. Long line for the drinks. Felt sorry for the bar tender but she had a great attitude and a smile. She was great. Lol

Clean and quiet atmosphere

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Happy Family
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Couch pull out mattress was stained. Maybe investing in wrapped mattress covers.

I liked that my family all fit comfortably in the room. It was very spacious and clean. The staff's response to our requests were prompt and friendly.

not so satisfied
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a old underwear that did not belong to us in the restroom. Restroom had a humid smell to it. Curtains in front room kept falling. Microwave did not work .

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Clean and comfy
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Super slow service for meals and just a bit noisy.

The front desk staff was very efficient and friendly. The wait staff in restaurant was slow...... But still friendly. The rooms were clean and beds, bedding and pillows top notch! Huge towels. 😃

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Great stay

No complaints here.

Spacious clean rooms. Great breakfast! Staff is always very friendly. This is our family's favorite place to stay when in the LA area

We had to request towels three times before they were sent...
    • Deluxe Suite

We had to request towels three times before they were sent to our room and that didn't happen until the following morning. Other than that, everything was phenomenal.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Nice place
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

We had a room in the 5th floor. We had a small child in our group and the windows had no locks whatsoever. Please double check your windows if you have a room on an upper floor.

The breakfast was wonderful. French toast would have been even better!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

No choice on breakfast. The same every morning.

A little more choices on breakfast is good instead of some food every morning. A big sign of shower before enter pool is good.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Over the top!!!
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Lol that I had to check out.

This place was amazing game. The breakfast was outstanding and the free open bar from 5:30-7:30 PM was phenomenal! Friendly staff, safe place for my older daughter to roam around in. I absolutely loved it and would stay here again!!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Suite room looks awesome and smell good!

No major problem.

Suite room looks awesome and smell good! We glad that tv has close captions. Wifi too! We love breakfast that is best ever and happy hours free beer and wine !!!

friendly, accommodating staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

friendly, accommodating staff complimentary reception

Everything else was great
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Food /dirty dishes were left out in the hallway the entire duration of our stay

Everything else was great

Comfortable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was good, no complaints.

I liked the breakfast and accommodations.

Okay for the area.
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Dated layout and design, loud corridors, carpets and furniture also seemed old, slightly musty smell. Minimal parking.

Close to where I needed to be

Everything was clean, professional staff and easy access to...
    • Premium King Suite

Everything was clean, professional staff and easy access to everything around us. Check in & out was fast and easy!Thank you!

Breakfast was good.

Bathroom was small.

Breakfast was good.

• Premium Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds

Breakfast and happy hour

Great hotel with awesome staff and the best breakfast.
    • Premium Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds

By the time we made it to happy hour most of the snacks were gone.

Great staff, awesome breakfast, great happy hour, very clean facility.

Breakfast was delicious!

Great place to stay

Comfortable

awesome
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk people are a bit serious

Almost everything is perfect on this place.

Home away from home

The elevators seemed questionable

The made my stay feel like home.

It was Cool igs

Guy at the Front drest

This always my go to hotel,Never fails.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Customer service is excellent room and food as well.

The view to the breakfast area is beautiful I love it
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A litter to noisy for me.....

The view to the breakfast area is beautiful I love it

maintenance was great , breakfast was perfect and the...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

maintenance was great , breakfast was perfect and the selection of food was great , I also liked the complimentary drinks hour

Comfortable beds and location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Needs a revamp of its decor. No room service. No drinking water in room. No free WiFi

Comfortable beds and location

Rams

Not enough parking

Near restruants

Amazing breakfast and happy hour!
    • One Bedroom Queen Suite

Amazing breakfast and happy hour! Our room was very comfortable and spacious!

Family environment

Family environment

Clean and comfy rooms plus a friendly staff equals a wonderful stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had some noisy guests pass by our room quite often, but we were right near the elevator.

Room felt like home.

Breakfast, location and convenient
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Small bathroom and it smells

Breakfast, location and convenient

Great service clean cumfy room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great service clean cumfy room.