Reviews of Embassy Suites Minneapolis - Airport 3 stars

7901 34th Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55425, USA

#28 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

6.1

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

There was construction in the lobby area but it was more of a visual distraction versus any noise or anything.

The friendliness and helpfulness of all staff at the hotel was exceptional. They were very accommodating to all requests.

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

The walls and furniture was all scratched up, the sleeper bed inside the couch didn't have no pad you felt the springs and no cover just a fitted sheet.

Close to the mall

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

The AC didn't work no where in the hotel. Wish I was forewarned.

Very hot! No AC, If it wasn't for the awesome staff my stay would have been a complete disaster. But beside that I've stayed in the past and I will continuing visiting this hotel. They are making changes and I can't wait to see the finished product.

A/C went out all weekend. It wasn't until the last day that they admitted that there was a fault in the system yet they said they were trying to "fix" the issue. Room key was iffy when it wanted to work.

Quick check-in. Staff initially kept in touch if you were a Hilton Honors member.

See above

Room was great but warm. Air didn’t seem to work very well anywhere in the hotel. Because of the remodeling being done there was not enough setting room for breakfast. Website said remodeled in March 2018 so I thought it was done

The remodeling, but that is only temporary

I have stayed here many times. I love the comfort of the bed and pillows. The other two things I love are the complimentary social hour and breakfast.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My room was not very clean. There was sticky residue on the carpet and crumbs around the table. The room was not at all soundproof and it was very loud. The plastic coffee holder in the room was greasy and not clean. Beds felt kind of old and noisy. The breakfast buffet area was extremely cramped and the coffee cups were tiny.

I liked the location and the design of the rooms looking down into the hotel. I stayed here once years ago and it was nice then. I liked the complimentary breakfast and reception at the end of the day.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was under construction and wish they would've done a better job with the breakfast buffet. If you wanted to go up for just one item you had to stand in the long line again. Also some food got cold

Hotel was under construction but they still worked to offer the guest happy hour and breakfast

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I hate that we came during remodeling because we didn't get to experience the beauty that was in the pictures.

I loved the location and breakfast was delicious and that they provided shuttle service to the mall of america.

The room was beat up - needed painting, the furniture and built ins doors/drawers would not close, the bathroom was dirty, maintenance barged in when in the bathroom, the business center computers were very slow and unresponsive, the happy hour was packed and no place to sit, trash was present around the property and the staff just walked by it.

The breakfast was good.

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

They furniture in my room was old looking and warned out. I didn’t like that they were remolding and didn’t make the guest aware or discounted the room.

The breakfast was awesome fresh and hot the staff that was serving the breakfast was very attentive and professional.

hotel is under renovations with major inconveniences. hotel staff is clearly burnt out and does not really care ... ordered delivery to room and NEVER came. really. seriously, if your arent going to bring somehing up the room EVER, please at least call the guest. I waited up late for the delivery I was told was on its way. water never delivered to room, rude operator . loud loud loud hotel.

chef greeted us and and wishes us a nice day. and tyler at front desk was nice. thats all i have for positive.

• Non-Smoking Executive Corner King Suite

Hotel is very dated and in need of repairs/updating. I feel that it was not worth the amount paid for the room.

All staff was extremely nice and very good people.

Hotel is old, but going through a remodel and updating. Room had a lot of wear and was not as clean as I normally see at and Embassy Suites.

Was very quite being so close to the airport. Restaurant food was excellent!

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

Remodel was happening which is a good thing but should have been disclosed to us before we booked a non-refundable weekend trip and didn’t have access to the pool/hot tub.

Breakfast was excellent.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was very nasty, the room was cold, I wasn't told the pool was under construction we had to go to another hotel so the kids can play in the water

The breakfast and the service was great

The whole property was too hot! We had to sleep with the window open because we could not adjust the temperature. It was the same all over the property.

We like the location of this property and the breakfast. The rooms are very nice and it is clean.

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

The fact that is was under what I consider to be heavy construction, and had that been disclosed (other than saying the pool was under construction) was really misleading. The decor was really out dated, and every door in the rooms were badly damaged. They didn’t have AC either

We really enjoyed the leisure hour from 530-730. The staff was really nice as well.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

All the remodeling. NO POOL, no alternate pool. Couldn't take my three year old swimming for her birthday.

Nothing! The rooms are OLD and outdated!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

During check in, no warm welcome , no pool my kids are expecting pool; someone left additional soaps d ff day but didn’t bring new towels

Parking is spacious

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property was under renovation,If I had of known I would of never stayed there. It was dust flying every where. Kids was unable to swim due to renovation.

There was no pool to the disappointment of our 8-year-old grandson. Booked the hotel with pool in mind. View was of a parking lot!

Refrigerator with a freezing compartment. Happy hour. Suite. Shuttle bus to the Mall.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were not aware the hotel was under construction, I booked specifically to use the pool with my kids. This clearly was a disappointment. Alternatives were offered but I didn’t want my children traveling from one building to another through the cold all wet. Our room was always very warm, we had to purchase a fan at the local Walmart. The thermostat in the room did not help. Also, I reported the fan in the bathroom did not work. Every time we showered the room was very steamy, I reported this and was promised a technician that never came. I clearly see why the hotel is being updated, but I felt like our comfort was compromised.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds are really small only full size, the look of the rooms is really out dated, and each room has a thermostat but you can only drop it to 60,our room was really warm, the hotel was under construction while we were there, we had no idea, the pool didn't work, they put a notice on the we page the Friday we arrived, it would have been nice to know this ahead of time!

The breakfast was great! The staff at the front desk are polite.

• Non-Smoking Executive Corner King Suite

The room was incredibly hot and not very well cleaned. The guy who brought fans when asked told us to turn on the air to cool the room down. Within an hour it was sweltering. I called the front desk and was told that only hot air was on right now and to turn off the a/c. Coffee pot was disgusting. Fridge didn’t work.

No pool

Site says newly remodeled but in all actuality it is a construction zone. Pool was closed even though I called asking about a pool. Then told we can go to the Hilton to swim and then being told that we couldn't was a real bummer since that's why we came. Just to swim. A total waste of $200.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were teenagers running the halls and playing hockey keeping us up at night. There was also a bra behind our tv- it wasn't ours...hotel waa under construction so hopefully it gets better

Breakfast was great

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The fighting in the hotel. Many outlets in room did not work.

The continental breakfast was awesome. The shuttle was nice and clean and front desk very helpful. Bar was great.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Old TVs pool was closed lots of construction If you post a list of shuttle times the driver should follow the schedule he took off early and would not stop with me chasing the shuttle

Large rooms

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It would be nice to know the pool was under construction. It was cold and snowing out that day. They did offer us to swim in the next hotel. But who would want to go outside after getting done swimming??

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't know the whole best part of the hotel was covered in a tarp.

Nothing because we had to change hotels. And the staff wouldn't help us do that.

On Saturday night there was a party in some room that kept us awake for over 3 hours. We called the front desk and they sent security but they couldn't locate the party. After calling the front desk for the 3rd time, security came to our room and could hear the noise. It then got better. We're guessing the party was upstairs then instead of on our floor. We could hear it through the walls and through the vent in the bathroom you could hear conversations that we wish we wouldn't have heard.

The breakfast and reception were good. We understand that things can be messy with construction, just wish we would have been told about it.

We've stayed there a couple of times before and have always enjoyed the breakfast but this time it was not good. The bakery was stale and the sausage was cooked so hard that it was brittle and inedible. We were there two nights and skipped it the second morning.

The room was very comfortable and well maintained

This hotel is undergoing renovation, and so the entire first floor is a construction site. It's completely demolished at this time. There is noise in the morning starting at 8 of banging on metal pipes, etc, so it's not a place that you want to stay if you need to have meetings or sleep in. The construction will continue for another 6 months or so, as I was told.

Restaurant was fairly good, location was good and breakfast was on par with this sort of hotel.

• King Suite - Disability Access with Bathtub

The construction, but understandable.

The large , living area and bedroom is great ! I also think the manager's special and made to order breakfast puts you over the top !!! Was a GREAT treat! !! The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful !

Trip was a disaster, hotel was very below average quality. Amenities were a joke. Whatever you do don't take the free shuttle, it never comes to pick you up.

• Non-Smoking Executive Corner King Suite

The hotel was under renovation, if I knew prior to booking my stay, I would have selected another hotel

The location, close to the mall of America and also the lite rail to downtown Minneapolis

• Non-Smoking Executive Corner King Suite

Entire place was under construction including pool area. -Would of been nice to have this information before booking this Hotel.

The staff at the front desk was very helpful with directions and the shiluttle service was very good. Stephanie at Wooleys Restaurant provided great service.

hotel was under major construction. I was not informed of this when i made my reservation. Had I know this I would have stayed somewhere else.

staff were friendly.

Our room s lamps did not work, nor did the TV in the couch area room. The maids would never know this. We had room 408. Otherwise the room was very fine!

The restaurant was great and so was the help there!!

We were not informed of the renovations and that pool / hot tub / commons were under construction. Members of the staff were rude / impatient. Bedroom area temperature was vastly different due to drafts from windows. One TV 2/3rds of channels did not work. Room cleaning was not finished and in room coffee station was gross and not stocked

The Bed was soft and comfortable and the evening reception and Breakfast were good.

Our room was very outdated. The shower faucet was broken and would get stuck. The window in the room leaked terribly so it was cold! VERY noisy in the halls! The tv in the living area the volume only worked on some of the channels. When we returned back from the football game our room keys didn’t work, this was very inconvenient! And no pool as it was under construction.

The breakfast buffet was delicious. The staff was great at the Corner Bar and restaurant!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

This property is undergoing a much needed renovation, not because it's outdated, but because it has been neglected. Heat worked in the main room but not in the bedroom area. The phone to the front desk did not work. The cleaning staff left a dirty shower curtain on our bathroom floor. Expected so much more from an Embassy Suites.

This property is conveniently located by light rail, the airport and the Mall of America.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

having to find front desk staff , its hard to check out if they are in hiding playing on their phone , found her around the corner sitting on a couch after standing there for 5min

airport shuttle driver

Room was not clean, refrigerator not cleaned out, tub dirty, toilet stained, Entire hotel was a construction zone- we should have been warned but they were happy to take our money with very limited facilities functional.

• Non-Smoking Executive Corner King Suite

Hotel is under renovation but unsure if that is lobby area only or if rooms will be included. Rooms are sadly in need of renovation. Our bed was broken, there was a handle hanging off the wardrobe and a door falling off the bar cabinet. Hardly what you would expect from an “executive suite.”

Excellent full breakfast choices.

I wasn't aware when I booked the room that the hotel was under renovations. It was cumbersome to go to where the breakfast and happy hour were located.

The daily breakfast is always fabulous. The staff was also great to work with.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

As I went to fill up my water bottle before we checked out on Sunday, I noticed a piece of black material hanging from the facet. Turned out to be moldy "gunk" as I wiped it away. The screen to the water facet was covered in mold.

Breakfast was fantastic and the service at the open bar was also wonderful.

• Premium Double Suite

Room not clean. Lots of deferred maintenance. First and probably last Embassy suites I will stay at.

In dire need of a remodel. Price started out at $114. Ended up at $253. Not worth the price.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were small and the fold out was very uncomfortable. Called the front desk for a roll away and said they would send one up, when it never showed up we stopped by the front desk and then was told they don’t have any and never had any.

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

INTERNET ACCESS ! I am used to stay in Hotels where the Internet is free and easy to access ! this was very bad . It is one reason , why I would not stay again in this Hotel . I hate to have to go to Starbucks Cafe to get into the Internet . I have a Hotel myself with free Internet . www.hoeckner-plazahotel.at

BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD ; THE COOK WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND COOPERATIVE: COCKTAIL HOUR IS A NICE TREAT! IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THE BREAKFAST WOULD GO UNTIL 11 AM

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

Breakfast was great! And service was excellent. It was very clean and I was pleased with how friendly the staff was. Not something you find often anymore. It was also very conveniently located next to the light rail which is great!

Dirty rooms, very noisy, value for the money was extremely poor, facility needs a serious remodel, pull out bed was springs with no mattress. I expect this service from a Motel 6, not an Embassy Suites!

Location to Mall of America and airport was good... That was about all! I was sent a text message from the manager to inquire on the stay and I was very honest regarding our experience. The manager is mailing a voucher for a free night stay at the same facility. While I am not crazy about staying again at this facility, I will for location and that it is a free night.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

furniture in room was very old, damaged, scratched up, chipped. Bed and pillows were kind of worn out. Time to redu the rooms.

free breakfast, close to airport, Mall of America, and train

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

Although the breakfast was awesome and the chef was great at preparing omletts, it could have been kept warmer. The people at front desk were very helpful but did take extra time and patience to understand them.

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Enjoyed the breakfast and cocktail hour. The atrium was very nice and relaxing. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Can't say about the bed because I slept on the sofa (by choice).

small swimming pool, breakfast was poor organized, long lines and people seemed lost wandering around with their plates. It would be more convenient to have all food at one place.

clean rooms, nice, friendly staff, convenient location

• King Suite - Disability Access with Bathtub

More handicapped parking and improved smoking area outside.

Accommodations, decor, staff etc all very good. Breakfast in courtyard was great. Very close to lite rail transit stop.

• Non-Smoking Executive Corner King Suite

The walls were all scuffed up, the mini-fridge was horribly frosted over, the bathroom was ok but rust stains around the fixtures. Security did not enforce quiet hours after 11 pm and there was a group notably loud in the hallways for quite a while. We were afraid to call the front desk because we didn't want the group to know we had called.

We had our wedding night there 9 years ago so it was reminiscent for us to a point.

First room smelled of smoke-staff changed our room quickly for us. Shuttle not operating first day-but hotel immediately reimbursed us for our taxi

Great breakfast, convenient to airport

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had to ask them to clean our room. We had to ask for clean towels. They didn't make our beds when they did clean. The house keeping staff Was extremely rude. The floor in the breakfast area was sticky.

Train out front location to the mall.

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

We had to call 3 times for extra towels. Bed was fine but not great.

The breakfast chef made my grand daughter a mickey mouse pancake. She was super excited.

Ideal for the kids. Shuttle to mall of America. Right by the train stop. Pool was nice. Breakfast that was varied enough for everyone. Evening happy hours were a bonus. On a busy baseball weekend it was full of families but we could always find a spot to sit. Not fancy but had everything we needed without driving.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was only 1 restaurant on site and it was pricey. For my family traveling w me for work we had to go out in the car to find affordable meal options for lunch and dinner or go to the mall to eat. The hotel's decor is looking a bit dated. We had to call the front desk several times to have our room cleaned when the kids had a late start to their day and housekeeping overlooked us. When I needed copies for one of my meetings, it took forever to find someone who knew how to work the machine.

I liked the made to order breakfast every day. Great for a family. It's fairly close to the mall via the tram and we didn't have to take the car to the crowded mall lot. I really liked the suite with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa-plenty of room for my guys to spread out while I was in my meetings.

Friendly-helpful staff, nice, clean rooms, enjoyed the managers reception and loved the complimentary breakfast. Pool are was nice. Close to Mall of America and IKEA...the places my daughters wanted to go:)))

elevators very busy and slow pool had way too many people--very loud and sloppy -which I know are the guests and not the hotels fault. Employees should monitor more-all kids in hot tub and still in pool at after 10 (which is the parents fault also)

Beds pillows and linens were wonderful Breakfast was wonderful --

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

the breakfast was nice but me and my daughter got sick from eating it. Our key card to our room didn't work several times . The pool was way over crowded with kids who were not being safe and I saw many times where kids were diving on top of other kids which I didn't feel safe for my 8 year old.

i liked there was a shuttle to the mall and to the airport

They weren't prepared for the number of guests at breakfast either day we stayed there. The hotel will soon (very soon) need major renovations.

Convenient place for us to stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

During night i woke up and its warm. So i need to adjust the ac setting. The fridge is not really cold.

The breakfast was good. The staff are also nice.

Staff, stand offish, did not tell you anything except take your name and give you a key. And all Embassy, trying to serve an omelet, the lines are so long, your food gets cold, the area to eat is to small for the number people that come there to stay. And when you taste the cooked egg it is just the cooked egg, nothing special.

My Room

• King Suite - Disability Access with Tub

Room could have been cleaner .. repairs needed in the suite .. table had sharp bottom and cut myself .. chair and couch/bed were in poor shape and not comfortable .. overpriced for amenities offered

Friendly and helpful staff, the hotel's attempt at a social get together in the evening

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was a broken lamp on the bedside table, found mold in the shower, mold in the mirror. The property definitely needs updated and cleaned properly. This is by far the worst embassy suites I've ever stayed at.

Breakfast buffet is always great.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I asked at check-in (1:30 AM) about the times of the Airport shuttle. I was told that it ran at 4:30, 5:00 and so on on the half hour. At 4:50 AM I went down to wait. No shuttle came. No one came out and told us the shuttle was not coming. In fact, I went into the front desk and specifically asked if the shuttle was coming. The front desk said no but was trying to get taxis and other shuttles to no avail. When I suggested the front desk pay for taxis, I was told she could work through one company and they were busy. Now it may have been that I was working on two and a half hours of sleep, but is seemed like it was a was contrived. In the end, some 12 people had to scramble for Lyft. I know I was not happy at

The bathroom in our room was quite small, but everything worked well.

The beds were very comfy and the rooms were spacious. The A/C and heat worked well. The cooks doing the omelets were efficient and did a great job.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

1. The bed was not comfortable - could feel the springs when turning over. 2. Leftover breakfast food was found in the microwave upon our evening checkin causing odor in room. 3. When called for pickup at airport on shuttle, was told I had to make a reservation for it. This was not mentioned on the booking. Told would be 1-1/2 hrs before could pick us up. Took Uber for $17. On next pickup from airport, told would be 20min, and after calling 3 times and being advised 5-10 more min, shuttle arrived 65min from initial request. Not happy to waste time waiting for it outside at airport. Also, there is another Embassy Suites nearby - easy to get on wrong shuttle. You have to ask the driver if his shuttle is for 34th st location. 4. There are NO restaurants within walking distance, either needs shuttle, car or walk about 1 mi each way. 5. Several times could not get front desk to answer call when having difficulty getting on wifi- very busy hotel.

The indoor pool area was very nice, but also very crowded. Manager sent welcome bag after discovering we had issue with room. The omelet maker was great, very personable. The breakfast area was so crowded on Sunday am, took awhile to find available place to sit.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room WA directly across from the elevators and gave us direct access to the pool. There were snacks served throughout the evening for our hungry swimmers. I slept on the hose bed and was happily surprised how quite the night was. The staff was very accommodating when I asked for light bulbs to be replaced.

Browse Embassy Suites Minneapolis - Airport traveller photo gallery