Reviews of Embassy Suites Montgomery - Hotel & Conference Center 3 stars

300 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, AL 36104, USA

#29 of 48 hotels in Montgomery

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room was not clean, toliet would shake when used, mirror closet door would not close so maintenance removed it and left safe exposed which was not attached to the wall. Worst Hilton property!

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The pool was out of service on the first day. They got it running on the second day. But it was dirty.

Everything was nice, except the pool issue. They got the pool up and running the next day.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paying $14 to park, should be included in room price. The room is expensive enough as it is. Free bottled water should be added.

Door To SEPARATE rooms

Our AC didn't work that great. The bathroom didn't have a tub. Bed was fair.

Awesome location. Good breakfast. Great service at the breakfast. Very friendly staff.

• Premium Suite

Room was not cooled to a comfortable level with the lights and TVs on. Rooms need to be updated. Refrigerator did not cool items either. We had to put them in the freezer and then to refrig.

Breakfast was outstanding. Chefs making cook to order items were constantly busy. They tried their best to keep up with the demand and crowds! They were great!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Shuttle to airport is not free $15 each way and tax is not 14% but 15%. Please updates this information in your files. Hotel is dated. Definitely needs remodeling or change out old furniture.

Fantastic Breakfast.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

I was disappointed in the room generally speaking. The cushion on the sofa sleeper was worn and torn. The side chair was visibly dirty, and there was black mold in the bathroom on the ceiling and in the light fixture. I did inform the staff and I sent them photos.

The location was ideal for accessing my place of work. The staff was incredibly friendly. The food for breakfast was very nice and the omelet was excellent. As for the room, the beds were comfortable.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The ice machine on the 4th floor was either empty or broken. We had to use the machine from a different floor than which we were staying.

My children enjoyed the pool.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

First room was nasty with stains on the carpet and so they moved us but the 2nd room was smelly too because they are old and the carpets need replacing .we didnt want to use tub it looked so bad enamal was all flaking Off.Eggs were un eatable. Staff at bar decided to change beer barrels at beginning of evening reception????

Beds were comfortable and good quality towels and soaps,good location for the few restaurants.

See above

Nothing, They placed us in a room that AC was not working. I can't believe they actually put us in the room , then said, lets see if maint. can fix ,, why you wait. Didn't step up and say, Let's get you in to another room. It took the maint. guy to tell the front desk that room 732 is cold and available, you need to move these people. So, I had to pack up again and move our luggage and accessories to a second room. First evening the place was packed, and short on staff. Lousy service in the bar area. Unable to get room service to answer the ph. . Went downstairs , found a guy name Chris, that was understanding and got the order placed for some food. The next morning , went down stairs, and the areas were still trashed out from the people the night before. Garbage can were overflowing , trash on the floors... empty beer bottles on the tables, wine glasses, and didn't see any hotel people making any effort to get it cleaned. Poor management, people with no pride in their place of work.

The shuttle service.

There was no shuttle to pick us up at the airport. No one notified us it stopped at 10pm so we had to take a taxiamd spend $70 for our family to get to the hotel. We stayed here specifically because of the shuttle service.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It wasn’t clean. We didn’t have any towels when we arrived. The cost per night was extremely high for this hotel. Most of the ice machines did not work. The stafff was not friendly or helpful. The AC did not work properly. I was very disappointed. Moreover I was staying in this hotel because I was taking the bar exam and I felt anxious and fatigued due to all of the above factors.

Rooms were big.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The first room had a broken hide a bed. The second room had the a/c unit hanging off the wall, and you couldn't adjust it. Also, staff waited until 11:00 to deliver extra pillows, blankets, etc. Overall, the hotel lacks the quality to be a premier hotel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I had to pay for parking it was $14 a day to park there or $9.00 to park in the parking garage. My room could have been cleaner. It hadn't been vacuumed and the seemed to be a very small amount of fecal matter on my toilet. Good think I bring clorox wipes with me.

I liked the convenience to the Bar. I liked not having to worry about breakfast and the evening reception was nice

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The furniture was very dirty and nasty (sofa and chair). The water took a very long time to get hot for and shower and worst of all, the air conditioner was so loud where we ciuldnt sleep and the room was very hot although the unit literally ran ALL night.

The staff and the breakfast were great. The staff was very accommodating

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air did not work, bed was hard, pillows were terrible, toilet lid needs replaced, shower needs cleaned.

The breakfast was good, most of the staff was nice

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was clean . The bed linens smelled fresh. I felt rested after a good night's sleep. The breakfast selections were great. I loved the wide variety of items to choose from. My eggs were moist, the sasuages were cooked all the way through no pink showing. the juice/coffee/hot tea, I loved it.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The check in girl Jamesha Moore was very rude and unpleasant. She was very short with her responses and could care less that I was mid informed about having to pay for parking. She didn’t even let me use my military discount because my room was completely paid for using booking online which I didn’t select at the time of booking the payment processed the day before check in which I’m very unhappy about. The first room we were place in the bathroom shower was horrible. The water didn’t get hot and the tub wouldn’t drain so the next shifts check in girl was just as rude as Jamesha. She moved my group of 4 to another room completely across the hotel. Same size room thank god was the only good thing. The shower was much better but the room was cold like being outside of course the heat was on 90 just to try to get the chilliness off but that never seemed to happen. Very beautiful hotel but completely rude and not friendly staff.

The lady making the omlets was very professional and her omlets were amazing.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The room service food was pricey and really not good. The crab cake was like mushed tuna barely caked and no sauce except like a honey mustard. The appetizer chicken strips were small and not worth the price and didn’t come with fries or anything. The restaurant on site closed super early for a Saturday evening - by 8 pm. And everything downtown river area is closed early on weekends and the delivery food was minimal. So that part stunk.

Love the Embassies. This property is a little older and could use some extra. The breakfast made to order buffet was awesome. The room service food not so good. And pricey. The staff was amazing though.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The pool is different from the pictures provided, there is no jacuzzi.

Interesting happy hour - free cocktails and discounted snacks. Makes one wonder how this hotel makes money. Sadly no kids friendly drinks (ice tea, lemonade, apple juice, etc.) on the bar menu.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Well, of course I wish it had been a lower in price but beyond that everything was awesome!!!

The staff was friendly despite it being very busy. They were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. This was a splurge for us because we don't have a lot of money and it exceeded our expectations and made our New Years Eve wonderful!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs upgrade. Because when you walk in it looks look like an abandoned hotel. I could not stay at restaurant to eat the carpet stinks. The rooms OMG!! I have not enough word to to describe the nastiness of it. I had call for linen change. The heat does not work, the hot water does not work properly you have to wait at least 20 minutes before you can shower; front desksaid it is due to the change of new pipe.And one more i don't think it's safe for the front desk agent to stand the way they are, people can go behind them this front desk desing is not safe.

The staff was great. Very nice people.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Parking was very expensive. Valet parking was easy, attendants were friendly.

Location was perfect. Full breakfast-delicious. It was like visiting family. Staff was extra friendly.

• King Suite Room- Disability Acces-Non Smoking

The hotel itself is very old. It's time for a complete renovation. It's like we're staying in hotel in a third world country.

Just the location

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Breakfast ends at 0900 and I missed out, but family members tell me it was good. Oh, and there was a fee for self-parking but it wasn’t much.

The hotel was made extra nice by the very friendly and helpful staff. We were welcomed at the front desk after an exhausting 12 hours on the road and we were surely a ghastly looking crew. They put us all at ease right away and we felt like the most important guests ever. The room was comfortable, clean, and well-appointed.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning would not cool down, very little hot water, vent in the bathroom was filled with dirt, lint, room was not taken care of after the first night.

Close to where we needed to be, comfortable room, nice breakfast.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The most disappointing issue was that my room was not cleaned properly. There was food pieces all over the bedroom floor, hair (several strands) in the shower and the shower floor was dingy. I used a clean towel to stand on while taking a shower. The second issue was the complimentary wifi offered for Hilton Honors members. It would not work at all. I called guest services and was transferred to AT&T support. They basically kicked me off the complimentary wifi so that I could re-register for wifi and pay for the premium wifi service. That did not work either. I was unable to work. The last issue was the cleaning staff vacuuming the hallways outside of the bedroom doors at 9:00pm.

Location, proximity for meeting.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was very unhappy that this hotel only had showers and no bathtubs. This was not communicated at all during the booking process. I would have stayed elsewhere had I known that. Also the room housekeepers were not very good.

The hotel was located conveniently to where I needed to be.

The hotel was not modernized. The rooms I had was badly in need of updates including the beds. The Queen beds looked like full size and bothroom beds was low and not polished. The breakfast was horrible and the lines was long and they ran out of food had to wait. Ran out of cups and coffee was not labeled as regular or decaf.

The location of the hotel to the surrounding tours

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Only part I didn't like was the young lady who checked us in....she wasn't very inviting not friendly

Yes, this hotel is 6🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟.the atmosphere is amazing ..overall staff friendly and attitude was bubbly

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

That the fountain wasnt working in lobby my son keep saying mona weres the water and fishes mom.

Very clean, up to date, staff is woderful, accommodated with all your needs, cant wait to visit again

• Premium King Room

More Attention to details.

Great property. A few minor issues with the room ("kitchenette" sink had no stopper, et cetera) my stay was perfect.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel rooms and appliances were badly outdated there were stains on the carpet, bugs in the bed and the bathroom was an awful mess. I walked to the front desk and talked to a manager about it and they were really nice about saying they would get it cleaned but 5 hours later when I returned to the hotel it was in the same shape as it was when I left. There was urine on and under the toilet seat, and there was hair and scum all in the shower. By far the worst hotel experience of my life.

I loved the location it was rite on the River Walk, and walking distance to several nice restaurants.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Shower stall was dirty, mold in the shower head, and water never got hot. Got terrible food poisoning from the breakfast buffet. Hot tub was disgustingly dirty, I couldn't see the bottom so I didn't even go in.. Found out when we arrived that parking and wifi would add an extra twenty dollars a night to our bill, neither of which are noted on the hotel's website. And the wifi was horrible, we eventually gave up, and the parking system was messed up so it never accepted the card we were given, coming or going. Mentioned these issues to the staff but they didn't seem to care at all, and it's not like we were going to go find a new hotel as I was sick in bed with food poisoning. We'd had really positive experiences with Embassy Suites in the past but we haven't stayed with them for a few years, and we won't be back.

Location was good.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

The TV remote in our room did not work but when we called the front desk they sent someone right up to fix it. Unfortunately, no matter what he did, the remote would not work so we had to change the channels manually. No big deal. Also, there were no sheets for the pull-out sofa and when we called for them, no one ever brought them. After about 15 minutes, I went downstairs and asked for them. They were provided right away so I'm not sure what the issue was.

The room was very spacious. There was a separate living area with a pull-out sofa so there was plenty of sleeping space. The hotel was in a nice area that was not very congested. Parking was a little expensive but overall, it was a nice stay.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Premium King Room

Where to begin.....I read bad reviews about this place and still decided to try them myself because we've always been happy with Embassy Suites. My husband was in Montgomery taking the Bar Exam. We chose this hotel so he would have the convenience to walk to the room during breaks. When we initially arrived around 5p.m. there were 15 people waiting in line to check in. We stood in line for about 35 minutes and finally made it to the employee. He stated that the reason for the long wait was because they didn't have any rooms clean, so we stood there for another 10 minutes until another one was ready. That late in the day, that's ridiculous and a very poor reflection on management....When we got to the room it was a nice big room but not clean, Dirt in the bottom of the shower, dirty glasses, gross carpet, etc... The air was out in the room which made for stuffy hot nights, and the toilet ran constantly and at times wouldn't flush. The complementary breakfast was decent but most of the "hot" items were quite the opposite, our fix for that was to eat cereal and made to order omelets. Lastly, if you decide against valet parking the hotel has a lot where you can self park. For the three days that I was there, there were constantly cars stuck inside the lot because the self pay box was broken and you would have to call the hotel to have them let you out. I sat there for 20 minutes waiting to get out. Overall it was not a good experience and we will never be back nor would we recommend anyone else.

I struggle to come up with a positive, but I guess if anything the front desk people were friendly and the made to order omelets were good.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Check out staff and housekeeping not very friendly but overall a nice experience.

Valet and check in staff were phenomenal; facility and room were immaculate. Breakfast was wonderful, as usual, and the staff chef was especially friendly and seemed to genuinely love his job.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms weren't ready at check-in time, carpet was torn and frayed, some of the outlets didn't work. Also, my dad's room was still dirty when they checked it out to him. The worst Embassy Suites I've ever stayed at.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Suite Room- Disability Acces-Non Smoking

Carpet and Couches were a little dated also the decor. Closet in bedroom kept getting stuck.

Location was very convenient to the game at Crampton bowl we were attending. Front desk clerk was very helpful in helping us switch to a smoking room. Breakfast was great as always. Chef was very cheerful and engaging.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room not available that we reserved but offered handicapped room similar. Dirty linen in bed for couch bed. Snickers wrapper in the couch bed when we opened it. Cleaning staff needs refresher course clearly.

Swimming pool for kids and breakfast was good. Lisa and Aliyah at front desk very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was very nice and the bed slept wonderful. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and knowledgeable when I asked for restaurants in the area. We did not valet park but the young valet man was really friendly and answered questions as to if we were close enough to walk to our destination. A very pleasant and enjoyable stay.

• Premium Suite

Mattress wasn't comfy, had a dip in the middle of the bed. Bathroom was nice size but the sink had a crack in it. Also, the shower sprayed all over, simply needed replacing.

Breakfast was great. The omelet chef talked to everyone and even told jokes to the kids.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• King Suite Room- Disability Acces-Non Smoking

Housekeeping services were horrible. Sheets were dirty when I checked in. My room was not properly cleaned the next day. Did not restock my washcloths, coffee and did not clean room...only emptied trash and pulled the cover up on bed. The pillows were not touched...still positioned the way I slept with my head print still there. Called housekeeping three times that night. Did not get services until 12:40 am.

Front desk staff and dining staff were the only good thing about this trip.

Great as always

• King Suite Room- Disability Acces-Non Smoking

Furniture needed to be updated, carpet need to be updated.

Location is good Food is good

Customer Service

Beautiful hotel

not cleaning our room

Need facelift, parking lot did not work most of the time

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds were comfy. Free and made to order breakfast. Free bar drinks and snacks in the evening.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Shower hot water took forever to heat up. Bathroom wasnt very clean (floors, corners, shower floor)

Bed was perfect to sink into after a long drive.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The indoor pool (which was the only reason for selecting this hotel) was absolutely disgusting.

The cook to order omelets were amazing.

Old furnitures, elevator !

Atrium , breakfast, location

House keeping

House keeping failed to clean room and leave towels

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

There was hair plastered in the bathtub walls and floor.

The breakfast was great!

Everything was great

Gift shop wasn't open

Room size

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

luke warm water makes an uncomfortable shower; other hotels have complimentary wifi

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Really poor customer service!! Many things broken and not working. Actual room reserved not available!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Finding out I had to pay for WiFi was a bummer but I was able to connect to another network

The omelette was awesome

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

ROACHES! LOUD NOICE! AWFUL!

ONLY THE LOCATION!

I have no complaints

It was very inviting and it was a very relaxed environment. The breakfast was awesome as well.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Room service is not good. They did not pick up the phone

The service was not that good. One night after I came from work I could not find a soap.

• Premium Suite

The pool was ice cold. There was a picture of a hot tub but it must have been recently filled in and covered.

Great location and the staff was nice

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed wasn't very comfortable. We have stayed there before and the bed was great then.

Pretty much everything.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was poorly cleaned and the bathroom was poorly stocked.

Very comfortable beds and huge rooms!

Breakfast, room size, pool

Parking

Proximity to I65

Room dirty Hair in Bathtube and on mirror

Not a lot Had to clear my own table at breakfast

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Staff were great, food was good and room was excellent.

Huge room, low price.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn't prepared till 7:15 staff say we had to wait...

• Non-Smoking Double Suite

Bed comforters are the nice white ones not the ones in the pics. Room smelt amazing!!!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Needs to be updated and remodeled hole in bathroom door filled with putty but not painted or smoothed out.

Overall nics and staff very courteous

The room to small