Reviews of Embassy Suites Orlando - Downtown 4 stars

191 East Pine Street, Orlando, FL 32801, USA

#110 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great, but I wish they served turkey instead of just pork. Alot people now prefer turkey.

The whole experience was great. Everyone was friendly and my friends forgot her toothbrush, we just texted the front desk and someone came right away with the brush. Happy hour was awesome too.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I am a non-smoker and when I booked my suite, it was clearly written as a 'non-smoking' suite. Yet, when I stepped into the room, the cigarette smoke odor permeated the entire suite. That was the only negative impression I had about my stay at this hotel. The rest of my experience was a positive one.

Friendly staff, complimentary cocktail hour and breakfast are a plus. The hotel was conveniently located to my event destination. The facility overall was clean and presentable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom smelled like pee, scrambled eggs were terrible (powdered), drinks at happy hour could be better. Housekeeping should not be knocking on the door at 9am to tell you its your final day. Most people know when they're checking out. No free parking near. Valet is pretty pricey.

The omelets were great. The beds were comfortable. Cleanliness was okay. Free happy hour was nice, but could have better drinks. Staff was helpful for the most part.

• King Suite with Lake View - Non-Smoking

The property was located in a great location however the two downfalls that we had with staying here was that it was located right next to a 7-Eleven that had become to local hangout for the homeless and the AC would not cool to our liking, it felt very humid I. The room.

The breakfast and happy hour everyday was amazing. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wake up calls I didn't ask for. Three times they called at 550am!!! I picked up the phone the second time and they still called a third. Construction noise at 7a outside our window!!!

Beautiful lobby. Nice room. Loved artwork.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact the i was charged $40 for valley instead of $26 as they promised. I did not dispute it though.

Everything. From how fast they came and changed the broken fridge I had to the exquisite welcoming feeling that i received from the cleanliness upon entering the room.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

One block over near the Seven Eleven and Eola Park numerous homeless people. We just avoided that corner and got to lovely park by cutting through other buildings. Had granddaughter with us for a while and one woman was on that corner with her pants down.

Got several texts from staff member asking how our stay was going and they quickly responded. Loved the shuttle we could use for nearby locations. Location is great. Staff friendly and recommended good restaurants. Bedding great. Parking convenient.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel was great! Free drinks and appies in the lobby from 5:30 - 7:30 was awesome. The front desk staff were so kind to allow a late checkout so my sick hubby could stay in bed as long as possible before our flight. Great hotel, great visit. Thank-you!

Nothing, loved it.

The young man at reception (I wish I could remember his name) was so so nice and helpful. He really made our stay. He gave us a card with a recommended restaurant down the road with 10% off which was beautiful. The room was fabulous, loved the free drinks for two hours with the fab food included. The pool is also worth mentioning with the great views.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

We've stayed here before and it seemed to us that the food had slipped in quality and the rooms were looking frayed. Bed was comfy and the suite is large...but given the price per night it did not feel like an upscale hotel. They forgot to leave coffee for us to make in the room on 2 different days.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The downtown location is very convenient; however not many restaurants are open during the day for lunch.

Convenient location downtown. Good, hot breakfasts. Comfortable suites. Friendly personnel. Prompt service from valets.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I have never before had to use valet parking, and prefer to park my own vehicle. The lack of free off-the-street parking is the only down fall to staying at your facility, but it appears to be the norm for this area. The valets were all very courteous and helpful, though.

Your hotel is very nice. I was there for less than 24 hours, to participate in the 1/2 marathon, therefore, I was unable to enjoy many of your wonderful amenities.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

property undergoing renovations; construction also on property across the street. very, very noisy. bed uncomfortable; dated rooms

valet parking, breakfast

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was not impressed with the service when I checked in to the hotel. Employee sat on stool the whole time and barley talked to me. Parking was non existence. If I pay 181 for one night I should think I shouldn't have to hunt for parking space and let alone have to pay an extra $14 to park in a garage. Not impressed.

Room was clean

Can't think of a thing!

Free happy hour and free breakfast, and excellent friendly personnel. Bed very comfy! Free courtesy shuttle to amway arena.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds/pillows were uncomfortable. For price point, was surprised to have to pay to park overnight. Disappointed in low budget appointments in the room/bathroom.

Staff was friendly

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms are fairly small. Pool was slightly small and a little dirty . The snacks with happy hour weren't edible so didn't touch those.

Clean rooms with great amenities. excellent breakfast included and happy hour in the evening was a bonus. Short walk to down town and nice location close to the lake.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

very good hotel in downtown orlando, walking distance to amway center and eola lake, free breakfast buffet (really good), spacious room and very comfy bed.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of the room very bad and rude staff especially the ones who serve the breakfast, which by the way is Very bad ... do not recommend!

Leaving!!

The property is undergoing some renovations. Since we arrived on a Friday evening we did not see the typical renovation process. The hotel was comfortable and accommodating. The rooms were soooooo spacious! They even had a complimentary happy hour and breakfast! It was just a great stay!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the parking. I was told two different amounts for the parking rate. The furniture/room needs updated. The mattress was very hard.

We liked the happy hour and the breakfast was great!! We liked the location of the hotel. I liked the bedding- sheets and comforter.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool had no drinks available and loud construction next to pool. Also gift store was outrageously expensive, I expected a markup, but this was really crazy.

Room was clean, good free breakfast and dinner buffet. Staff was nice. Good walking distance to church street and other areas.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When I woke up in the morning, there were rubescences on my body. It seems like an allergic reaction or a bite of an insection. Front desk personnel gave me the route to the nearest care center. I was diagnosed wit an allergic reaction and it may be because of anything, so I wanted to cancel my booking for the next 2 days. Front desk told me to call booking.com customer service. I spent 4*10 minutes waiting on the line (international call), but couldnot succeed to reach Booking.com customer service agents. I left the hotel; paid the night I stayed and booking.com s 3 days provision from my credit card and couldnot apply to anyone at the hotel about my complains.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

very good room and facilities free drinks and nibbles ever evening,breakfast choice very good especially cooked selection.we used the hotels restaurant and room service for dinners and the quality was excellent.the hotel is just across the road from a lake which was good to stroll round in the evenings and have drink in one of the bars.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Noisy rooms due to inside atrium and external trucks. Laundry washing machine was out of service.

The surrounding area was beautiful. Happy hour was great.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Happy hour free drinks, free shuttle for any place at a 3 mile distance of the hotel. Wi-Fi, nice pool,perfect location if you go to see a soccer game.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Even though booking.com took the money out of my account but did not actually reserve my room before I got to the hotel resulting in me and my friends missing the complementary drinks after sitting in the valet for 2 hours. I did not like how booking.com wasted my time thinking I had a reservation at the Embassy the hotel itself was wonderful the waffle line was to long but that is just me being nit picky but all in all the hotel was perfect, it was booking.com that gave a bad start to my night and could have possibly ruined my trip if it was not for the Miguel and his supervisor. My advice would be do not use booking.com and go straight to the hotel website it is probably cheaper and if it is not make sure the reservation is official by calling the hotel and or booking.com before you waste your resources going somewhere because it can and will happen.

The first desk clerk was very pushy and rude he did tell me to call booking.com to validate my reservation but he was very rude. The second clerk that came to assist me after the first clerk his name was Miguel and he turned everything around for me he gave me a 100 dollar discount from my reservation that I booked online and he apologized and was considerate even though Embassy Suites did nothing wrong booking.com did not come through on their part but at the end I was very satisfied thanks to Miguel.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk were nice on the check in, when i did check out the hotel refused me to give invoice! Reason was : Booking will provice you the invoice. When i started to call booking, the lady finaly gave me the invoce, turn around and went away. Totaly NOGO for Hilton group! The water tap in bathroom was old, i could not close it completle, so got water drop voice all night, its a water waste :(

It was clean, the hotel build was nice. Close to downtorn.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great friendly staff!!!! So polite and accommodating! Also I left my watch (sport) my son picked up today. He had to ID before they would give it to him. Honest too!!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The wifi gets disconnected after a few minutes of inactivity and you need to manually reconnect every time. Annoying a bit.

Excellent location, next to Eola Lake and two blocks from the main bar/restaurants streets. Very decent fitness facilities.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I wish they could have two bedroom suites so that adult family members wouldn't need to sleep on a sofa bed. I would have booked this chain more if they did.

Great breakfast and free drinks with snacks in the evening. We walked to our concert at the Dr. Phillips Center in the evening. The hotel is right by Lake Eola so we were able to take our relatives for a walk around it before taking them to the airport in the evening. In the morning after our included breakfast, we walked to the Science March at Lake Eola. We were able to take our car out of the valet parking easily to go to the airport. This is a wonderful location for Downtown Orlando. They gave us early check in and check out. Perfect for us because we only live an hour away and this stay was for our convenience because we had so much to do in Orlando.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms were dated. Our door had a big gap in it as we could see the hallway between the frame and the door.

The location was great. Walking distance to many bars and restaurants.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My partner's credit card was hacked by an Embassy employee and several charges above the valet charge of $23.50/night were charged to his card 2 hours after he left the property. His bank contacted him.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our car was broken into because the valet attendant did not lock it. Luckily, nothing was taken.

The location is very close to the Amway Center, Orlando City Stadium and Church Street.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Just expected more from an Embassy Suites.

I was very disappointed with the room quality. I choose to stay at this hotel because of previous visit to other Embassy Suites. The couch had holes in the cushions. The chairs was ripped. Overall the room was not like the one I stay in when I visit Atlanta. I assumed it would be better.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was an incredible amount of loud partying going on in the hallways, the lobby and even the pool at 2am. Why would you allow this at the expense of the comfort of your other guests?

Breakfast was very good and the staff friendly

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was located facing the pool on the 3rd floor and after midnight there were still people in there and it was loud.

The complimentary drinks and snacks also the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Its 2017, yet this hotel has the worst wifi connection and service I have ever experienced. It reminds me of my dial-up modem in the 1990's. To top it all off they force you to sign up to the hilton honors rewards program to even get the free wifi, which drops constantly and barely allows you to do basic web searches which is quite critical when you are on vacation.

Location was great and free full breakfast is always a plus.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Happy hour in bar daily 5:30-7:30 absolutely free! Also nibbles. Help yourself complimentary breakfast with all the usual US stuff. Really friendly, helpful staff. 12 noon checkout. Luggage can be left for later pickup, leaving you free to take in Orlando. 2 double beds in bedroom, sofa bed in lounge, TV in each room. Spacious. Central.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

1. Reception staff promised to get back to me regarding use of a shredder, but left me hanging on the phone and didn't get back. 2. Body lotion was not restocked in bathroom on my second day. 3. Somebody had been lying on my bed (when I returned to room after work, bed had been made but there was an indentation in the pillow showing somebody had been lying on the bed). 4. Valet service for parking (staff were friendly, quick and service was good, but I would prefer to park my own car and not feel obliged to tip the staff every time I needed my vehicle). 5. Rooms were looking a bit tired and need refreshing.

1. Coffee at breakfast was very good. 2. On site supermarket was very handy. 3. Complimentary drinks each evening. 4. Room service was efficient, good selection and the burger I had was excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Thought the valet charge to park across the street in an uncovered space was unnecessary.

Wife and I had tickets to a show in downtown Orlando. Hotel was a short walk to the venue and convenient to the local night life of the city. Overall, we enjoyed our one-night stay at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• King Suite with Lake View - Non-Smoking

The menu options, qualify of food, eating area and "dining" facilities were awful. Like a school cafeteria.

The room had a view of the lake which was beautiful, morning and at night.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

They tried to charge 50% more than our booking price at booking com. After speaking booking.com they corrected their mistake during our stay. It was a little stressful.

Very central location in downtown Orlando.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

nothing Oh and WE LOVED the living room too which is very difficult to do in this price range.

Loved the location, friendly staff, BREAKFAST, valet, the small conscience store and the overall environment of the place! I took a picture from the 7th floor looking down on the eating/bar area! Thanks again valet for reparking the car during the parade and providing football fans a ride over to Amway all day long.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The beds are too soft...which is a very minor problem!

Chris at the front desk was fabulous. We had a problem with our reservation Thursday night that he straightened out and then got our room straight on Friday. He did this with a smile on his face and a solution to our problem. We are very grateful to him

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was a bit expensive as we were fleeing a hurricane and this was not a scheduled trip.

Breakfast was fabulous, staff considerate and professional, rooms well appointed

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were no stairs because I wanted to take instead of the elevator.

Didn't have the breakfast. But it lasted a while. Loves the atmosphere and the room was more then I expected. LOVED IT!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• King Suite with Lake View - Non-Smoking

They didn't provided the room I've booked. So I lost the only night I had in the city living in the cave. I've booked room with the balcony and lake view but received the standard one with parking lot view without posibility to open a window to ventilate that horrible smell in the this long and very dark room. There was no drinking water and fire alarm didn't checked before our arrival and beeped continuosly.

Quarter of the hotel has a pretty view to the lake. Ice machine in the floor. Fast valet service. Complimentary evening coctail.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff at registration desk not so friendly. Parts of hotel need renovation for example door to our room need re-painting

Friendly staff at breakfast and valet service. Good breakfast buffet. We were able to take walks to restaurants in downtown and felt safe.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not enough sugar or creamer. Parking situation was annoying. Although I often end up using valet, I like the option of self-parking.

Spacious suite. Fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Great location within walking distance of good restaurants.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was clean, breakfast was awesome!!! The hot water for your shower was amazing!!! And the Iron got steaming hot!!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was wonderful! Very comfortable and quiet. Free Happy hour and breakfast were amazing!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were not displease with anything at this hotel.

The breakfast was good and enjoyed the cocktail hour at no additional cost.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was smaller than anticipated

I was surprised with how good the food was for breakfast! It was delicious.

The pool was very small, only 3 foot deep

Nice breakfast with lots of variety and the hotel was very clean. Also loved the free happy hour.

Leaving

The text service. (very informative)

Alles supiii

It was really great

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish someone would of contacted me about rooms for my wedding

The breakfast was great, the staff were friendly and helpful!

• King Suite with Lake View - Non-Smoking

Balcony suite is amazing the view was great.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was very nice bed comfortable. Staff was very nice.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff were unhelpful at best

Convenient

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Old fashioned furniture.. bulky furniture

Great location! Good breakfast ! Friendly staff

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Decor. Made it look dingy.

Location, centrally located.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

free parking and better rates

It was dirty

Staff was great

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

They tried to upcharge me I had to show them my booking confirmation

Breakfast was wonderful

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact that parking is not available

The proximity of the hotel

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The TV signal was not working well so I had trouble getting and keeping a TV show.

The omelet station was super,

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

it is not computer friendly

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Made reservation a year in advance for king suite as a gift to my wife and got stuck with 2 twin beds...

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Happy hour.

Breakfast was great.

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds are not comfortable.

Love the room size and location. Great for kids but the evening cocktail hour is nice too :)

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was over rated I like all the loud noise at night

Room was spacious. Close walk to downtown. Manager's cocktail hour

• Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Fast service and awsome people their the complementary breakfast was so good and I want to go back so bad