Reviews of Embassy Suites Phoenix - Biltmore 4 stars

2630 East Camelback Road, Camelback East, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA

#87 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

• King Suite

Price for parking & WiFi access was not disclosed prior to our arrival & was excessive. Room had numerous maintenance issues and in general is reflecting age & wear. A refurbishment is definitely in order. Windows/glass doors have zero sound insulation. All conversations, car noises, even birds chirping are highly audible and disruptive to your sleep in the middle of the night. When I brought these issues up to the person checking me out, she was clearly annoyed. Didn’t bother to apologize or thank us for staying.

Location, location, location.

• Standard Double Suite

The check in guy was not very pleasant because the system was down. The bathroom need an up grade or just some attention. No microwave The interior decoration inside the room is horrible More Television station

• King Suite with Pool View

Room was nice. Only weird thing was water had a weird odor when first turning on, it smelled like perm solution. Breakfast was great...made to order.

Location is central to everything. My kids enjoyed fending koi fishes and turtles.

• King Suite with Pool View

the bed could have been firmer, since we have back issues and it aggravated the issues.

Loved the location and staff at the hotel. Breakfast was excellent....

• Standard Double Suite

The check in person was not very friendly (didn’t smile and seemed annoyed to check me in), and I was given a room with 2 full size beds-specifically asked for a king.

Room was very comfortable and clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Allergy Free/Non-Smoking

I had a few cold showers and there was noisy construction outside my balcony at 5 am everyday but that's nothing they could control.

The location, the suite, the free breakfast, good hotel staff

• King Suite

The front staff lady when asked where we could grab something quick to eat, was very unpleasant. The bed in our room was broken, and so it leaned to the right and down to the floor! It was not worth the $330 for the room! Then we started getting phone calls at 6 am, and nobody was on the other line, and it continued for at least an hour, when we hadn't made it to bed until 2 am, and didn't request a wake-up call! You can see the pictures of the broken bed below, and the covers were all wrinkled, along with the broken bed! People you can do better than this hotel!

It was convenient to the Biltmore Waldorf where company wedding was being held.

• Standard Double Suite

Room was cold. Had a leak in the ceiling which caused the carpet to get wet so the room smelled like mildew after the 2nd night. Didn't know they charge 12/ day plus tax to park. And there is only one small vending machine which is on the 3 floor. Not expecting this for a supposedly 5 star hotel. Breakfast was ok but the eggs were undercooked.

• King Suite

There was urine on the toilet seat, mold on the wall of the washroom, hair in the washroom, crack sink in the washroom and faucet was very loose. When I complained, I only got parking off. I got the managers name and I will complain further. The site supervisor did nothing to reduce my rate but walked away when I was referred to her.

The breakfast.

• Standard Double Suite

First night we had 2 very small bumpy uncomfortable beds, a beat up looking room with a bad view and all we could hear all night was people using the ice machine. Next morning we had ZERO hot water. We then requested a room move and the staff was accommodating. In the next room there was ZERO air conditioning and we were too warm at night unless we opened the door with no screen and listened to the traffic and the 5am garbage pick up.

Staff and breakfast

• King Suite

Not to keen on parking fee, Pool was not available...

Breakfast was excellent ladies worked very hard to accomidate everyone's order. Rooms are clean but a bit dated. Loved toiletries and coffee in the room. AZ Biltmore Embassy Suites is like a tropical getaway w/ waterfalls and palmtrees. Nicely decorated for tmas. The evening refreshments were lovely. The Bartender made a special drink and they had Sangria all hand made!

• Standard Double Suite

I double booked by mistake. Tried to get my money back for the one night but nobody could help me. I was charged. Told I would have to contact the sales manager. I've tried twice by email but no response. Lousy customer service. All about the money

Free breakfast and drinks. Good location

• King Suite

They have management issues. For breakfast the following occurred: We got our food and couldn't eat since they said their forks were in the dishwasher. We then asked for coffee mugs and we're told again they were in the dishwasher. The same thing happen with their bowls. Guests were clearing off the dirty dishes from tables from the previous people to be able to sit down and eat. There was only one person clearing the tables and it was impossible to keep up. We decided later to have a late lunch after having a nice long hike. Again their food was incredible but they are short of staff. They had one waitress taking orders and serving our food along with the others in addition she was bar tending, taking those orders and mixing the drinks. When it came to getting my wife's cheesecake it took 30 minutes after asking twice on the status. Cheese cakes are pre-made it should have only take 10 minutes tops! After complaining and wanting to speak with the manager, we found out that "she wasn't there today". There are more service issues (since we frequently stay in hotels as a get away) but don't need to go on.

The room was very spacious. The food at breakfast and lunch was incredible.

• King Suite

staff was among the friendliest we have had in traveling...we were going to host a dinner at the restaurant and they made special accommodations for us to be able to watch the Cubs playoff game while having dinner (setting up a special area for us in the bar/lobby area with big screen tvs) they were so accommodating. They also provided us with early check-in due to our plane arriving at 7:30 a.m.

Extra charge for parking

Nice size suites for family of five with teen agers but carpet stained runned down -the rooms need updating - very nice ponds with fish in lobby area

• King Suite

I don't have a comment here as there wasn't anything I "didn't like" enough to document.

Hotel location was perfect. Directly across the street were an abundance of restaurants, shopping and bars. The breakfast (omelet bar) was phenomenal and the staff was excellent!

• Standard Double Suite

we did not have hot water in our room. I was there for surgery and had to take a cold shower..My 85 year old husband could not shave..really!!!!! Front desk personnel were pleasant but nothing really got accomplished. We have stayed there often...sadly not again

• King Suite

$12 to park the car overnight.

Very nice hotel with great shopping opportunity across the road. The meet and greet at 5.30pm with other guests and complimentary drinks & nibbles was a really nice touch.

• Standard Double Suite

Although they have remodeled the swimming pool with cool colors it's not the same. It's smaller and it's not as deep as before. It goes from 3-5-3 feet again. I guess its ok and safer for small kids. Maybe that is why they changed it. I was disappointed that the hot tub was gone. ( I know it's hot in AZ but it relaxes my muscles lol).

Beds are very comfy and I enjoyed the made to order breakfast. Omelets, bacon, French toast, pancakes and more. I also liked that it is located right across the street of a mall. Lot's of restaurant's and stores. I believe there is a movie theater within blocks too.

• King Suite with Pool View

The rooms could of been more modern for the area we were located. I have red bumps over my body and face which my husband took pics. I left 3 days earlier because I could not endure how the rooms where. The pics on the internet are not the same once you get in the rooms. It was a let down to me and my family . We are use to being in modern walk in showers and this hotel was not for me . I will never prepay again.

The food and happy hour, the pool

• Standard Double Suite

Good choice for family trip to Arizona- Grand Canyon. About 10-15 min. from airport & lots of eating places near hotel. Also hotel is in nice area of Phoenix. Would definitely stay there again.

Nothing comes to mind.

Seven of us were on this trip for a family celebration. It is wonderful to have plenty of public spaces with service or other areas for relaxing and just plain conversation. Having a full breakfast, cooked to order, is a wonderful and included part of all Embassy Suites hotels.

• Standard Double Suite

The shower head did not work properly. The pull out bed was so thin the springs were coming through the mattress. The next door guests were allowed to get too loud. We had to call security and they didn't take care of the matter.

The breakfast here is amazing.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double Suite

I was moved around 2 times to find a room with working air conditioning. Was very uncomfortable without a/c.

Atmosphere was beautiful, pool was fun, breakfast was great. Manager Joy was very great.

• Standard Double Suite

Booking did not let us know that their pool was completely under construction. They said there was no hidden fees but when it was all said and done we paid about $100 extra. Very very disappointing

Just the breakfast

• King Suite

The staff could not handle the amount if people going through the morning breakfast - no coffee, no juice, food ran out within the first hour. The tables were not bussed so no where to sit. The hotel knew the amount of people staying the night but were not prepared.

The location next to the shopping center was great.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Standard Double Suite

Wifi is way too much to pay. Should be included.

The room was good. Did not have time for the pool. Wish I did. Omaha was good. Staff was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard Double Suite

My bathroom didn't have a bathtub. The bottled water in the room was overpriced. One of the outlets near the bed didn't work so I couldn't charge my phone near the bed. Hot breakfast should be served earlier.

Love the breakfast. Bar staff was great.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Suite

They ran the smoke alarms twice and had to evacuate rooms within 1 1/2 hours at 1 am. No fire both times They charged my credit card higher than what I booked on your site (booking.com). Why?

The rooms for special dinner 50th high school reunion were nice. Brkfst. Was good

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Double Suite

The only really annoying thing (which incidentally I find in many hotels) is that despite hanging my used towels on the rail in the bathroom to use again, your cleaning service simply ignore this and replace with clean towels. You strive to be environmentally conscious but do not practice what you preach.

The location is the reason I chose the hotel

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard Double Suite

Front desk staff during the day was a bit rude or maybe she was just tired.

Breakfast was good and FREE. Bed was very comfy. Pool was warm and big. Biltmore mall was directly across the street. Less then a 5 minute walk.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Such a convenient location to visit my sick friend. I loved the indoor atrium and breakfast area. Our room was perfectly comfortable and quiet. A lovely stay, we will be back.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Standard Double Suite

We were told that parking cost $10, yet were charged $20. Room was not ready at check-in and we were not allowed to pay cash upon check-out, although Sarah told us we could pay cash when I asked at check-in. They told my husband, upon check-out, that the payment had already been processed through a third party and they could not even check into the charges. We were not given a receipt. The staff at the desk were not polite and acted as if we were an annoyance. We are NOT complainers. We just expect to be treated with courtesy and integrity.

Food and drinks were great.

• King Suite

The cost per night was not what we booked. Overcharged.

• Standard Double Suite

I liked the old pool very much. New one doesn't have much character.

• Standard Double Suite

The staff (especially Wing) were friendly and very helpful! Room was comfortable.

• Standard Double Suite

The front desks lady was racist.

I liked how it had fishes and free breakfast

Worst hotel

• King Suite

No hot tub for such a Beautiful place

Everything else was awesome

• King Suite

Our remote control was not really working very well. Otherwise no dislikes

The breakfast offered was nice

Very dated

The location was good

• Standard Double Suite

Cold at night and hot water not so hot

Large rooms (suites), good breakfast, close to the mall (with an apple store)

• Standard Double Suite

Location of the property.

• King Suite

Longer drinking and bar time.. lol

The staff was very helpful. The overall view and inside loom was amazing. Rooms were very nice

See above.

WE used a cart for our luggage, but I don't know why the hotel could not have a bellman to help with bags.

• King Suite

That i couldnt stay longer

The food was an absolute delight

• King Suite

Room size and happy hour

• Standard Double Suite

no hot tub for my achy back

breakfast was excellent!!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Standard Double Suite

That bookings.com did not send the hotel my reservation confirmation!!!!!

Location, food,staff,&room

Very dirty!!

• King Suite

There is a problem with the paiment, I seem to be charged twice. But my back has not cleared the payment yet.

• King Suite

The elevators smelled really bad.

The bed was amazing.

• Standard Double Suite

Well, the rooms were a bit dated, but in perfect condition.

Breakfast with fresh omlettes and great location for my business needs

• King Suite

The breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double Suite

The breakfast staff is rude. Everyone else was wonderful though.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Standard Double Suite

Never did get Diamond level amenities thru Hilton Honors, shower dripped, TV in bedroom did not work (rm 337)

Great omelet!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard Double Suite

Rooms smelled like tobacco, plumbing did not work particularly well, hotel is getting long in the tooth and is showing signs of wear and corrosion.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The free appitizers were a little cheap.. but they were free.

I love this hotel. It is beautiful with the fish pond and very quiet and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Suite with Pool View

It seems in need of updafing

Location, cleanliness, quiet

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Suite with Pool View

checkin and out. computer problems slow

everything

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• King Suite with Pool View

Terrible customer service. Manager and staff extremely unfriendly and rude!

Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Suite with Pool View

Our room temp was never very cool. Was a little difficult to sleep.

All was great with breakfast, very nice woman cooking. Pool was awesome'

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• King Suite

kfast in weekend since people fly in those days

atrium fish ponds

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

the pillows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edith at the breakfast was awesome the whole front desk staff and breakfast staff were awesome

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Property now charges for parking, it never used to. Accept dogs for a $50 fee. Much higher than many places.

Location. Walk to restaurants and shopping. Free breakfast abs happy hours. Suite rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Poor pillows, no water saving toilets or shower, charged for poor wifi, powder eggs (?), shabby furniture and lighting

Perfect location for our appointment

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

This Embassy Suites has been here for a very long time. It's tired. The whole place needs a facelift. While the breakfast is still pretty good, the "happy hour" needs a little more happiness! The selections are few and we ended up going to the Steakhouse instead of having any free drinks. Hard to believe that this is now a Hilton property.

The location can't be beat

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

The overall cleanliness was poor. Very slow anticipation at the breakfast area with many dishes around. They wère always out of coffee. The staff was good but seems like they could've been supervised or organized better. Overall organization was poor. Never saw a manager or supervisor.

The location of the hotel was close to everything we wanted to do. The pool area was very nice. When we asked for something staff was very responsive.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

the room smell like dirty, smelled like cigarettes and I could not turn the shower on I had to bathe in the tub

I like it because it was close to my place of business and the bar and staff were great ! like the place over all

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

The floors disquieting the wall paper coming off the wall in bathroom the sliding glass windows so dirty I had to clean them myself to even get a clear view of pool the air conditioner so loud that we had to shut it off just to get a few minutes peace my husband had to purchase a fan to h elp cool the place off the fans made an awful clanking noise as they turned to curculate the lamp in the dining table area kept flickering on and off huge stain on lounge chair I cleaned off bathroom so small could barely sit down and still h Ave room to shut the door the menu in room very dingy had to clean with Lysal wipe , refrigerator wasn't cold at all we had to keep our ice chest full of ice no mini bar water 4.99 a bottle didn't use it blankets very thin and some pillows fluffy some dead . Phone on tables dirty had to Lysal them was disappointed bad with room the elevator smelled really bad like a high school boys gym locker we couldn't take it anymore and checked out early.

The indoors restaurant , the young Lady that checked us in we search for her being on duty everytime while we stayed she was the only one who took time and seem to really care I mean we came from outside walking from across the street at night time and she handed us water because we looked so tired and red. The scenery on the inside of hotel Lobby awesome the outdoor lighting in pool area awesome they did keep the pool very very clean . The manager of the steak house couldn't do enough for us he was so very attentive took time to talk with us he made our dining experience the first night very enlightening .

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Maid service forgot to service our room. Breakfast line for omelets was not separated from the line for pancakes and French toast, causing confusion and unnecessary delays.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Room service maid did a poor job of cleaning room. Our top sheet was 6 inches from the bottom of the mattress and not tucked in. Hadn't experienced being short sheeted since high school.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

1-The bedroom was very noisy because it was near by the road. They probably need thicker glass windows to black the outside noise. 2-The coffee machine wasn't working.

The room was very spacious

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

There were more kids there than we expected for a Valentines weekend, but we got through it.

The room was spacious, the bed very soft and comfortable. My boyfriend is 6"7 and the bed size was perfect for him. We were celebrating his birthday and the hotel was beautiful and perfect for our romantic night together. The breakfast was a bonus for us, the food was delicious

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Embassy Suites Phoenix - Biltmore traveller photo gallery