Reviews of Embassy Suites Phoenix - Scottsdale 3 stars

4415 East Paradise Village Parkway, Paradise Valley, Phoenix, AZ 85032, USA

#27 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

• Double Suite with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

The only thing that we had a problem with was the $4.95 bottle of water, you would think that they could provide just one complimentary bottle or charge a reasonable amount for a bottle of water! Apart from that it was wonderful and Adrian behind the bar was the best!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite with View

I booked a two bedroom suite and they don’t have two bedroom suites, only a bedroom with a sitting are. I ended up having to purchase an additional room.

Pool was great and the free breakfast and happy hour was an added bonus!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A bit behind on cleaning the room and missed one day.

I love the location next to the golf course. I love the morning breakfasts, fabulous! I love the free happy hour. The suites are good and the wi go is free! Great place

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Golf Course View

Our reservation was messed up but because we booked through booking the hotel staff made it obvious that they were not interested in helping us. The two people working the desk that night were both older and very well dressed but acted as if they had much better things they could be doing. The woman who checked me in offered no information about the hotel. I overheard the man next to her giving lots of information to the person he was checking in otherwise I wouldnt have known much about the place. I asked what time breakfast started, and instead of saying "6am", she waved a card at me and said "its all on here". She didnt even tell me how to get to my room. I had to go back and ask her after she started helping the next person in line. I dont know if I was getting the cold shoulder because I booked 3rd party or if these two were just having a bad night. The morning front desk staff was the complete opposite. A couple of young employees wearing company polo shirts and smiling and high fiving each other like they had the greatest job in the world. I see "free wifi" all over this booking page, by I did not have access to free wifi. When the wifi page popped up on my computer it said free for hilton honors members and asked me for payment. Maybe thats one of the things the woman at the front desk chose to not tell me about. Their breakfast set up is just ok. They have a few continental items out and there is someone cooking made to order eggs and pancakes. If I had more time that morning I would have taken advantage of that but I didnt and the already made items were not very good. Honestly the free continental at springhill suites is far superior to this cafeteria food. We have a conference in north phoenix twice a year and are trying to find the best place to stay for this event. This hotel does NOT make the list of options next time.

This hotel is in a great location. Close to lots of places to go, and easy to get to. Pool was nice.

Pillow(s) had slight smell. :-/

My first stay was on December 11-12 for a Training Conference. I LOVED the continental breakfast especially the Oatmeal bar and Omelets cooked specifically for me. Last visit experience and price (via Booking.com) were what gave me incentive to stay again. :-)

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing that could have been better is a few more days to stay and this wonderful hotel.

I so enjoyed my stay. Everything was exceptional. The staff were so helpful and accommodating. I loved the arrangement of the room and the food was delicious. I was there to attend some training and for my class I had to use a flash drive to print some of my assignments. I had a couple of difficulties and the staff (especially Felicia) was great help.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool appeared to be cloudy and not sparkling clean water. Jacuzzi needed some maintenance for sure.

Staff was most helpful. We were able to check in early. Location was a plus for sure.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Booking my room with Booking.com was fast and easy but, I requested a two bedroom and I only received one King size bad and a sofa. Not cool booking.com.

Everything was great and the service was awesome!!

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

I would have liked more variety on the restaurant menu. Maybe a different coffee blend or roast.

The room was spacious. The breakfast was outstanding especially the omelette. There was a lot of variety at breakfast. The staff was very hospitable and accommodating. Happy hour rocked!

• Double Suite with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

There is nothing I can think off that I did not like.

The staff there was really nice and helpful, love the fact that you have "happy hour" , everything was excellent I loved staying there.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with View

When booking, the rooms are described as an option between 2 room suites AND 2 bedroom suites. The term: 2 bedroom suite incorrectly led me to believe that there are 2 bedrooms, a separate sitting area, kitchenette and bathroom suites at this hotel. Please correct this to state 2 room suite ONLY, as this is causing confusion.

Excellent breakfast and evening reception. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Seemed dated

The free breakfast was amazing. Cooked to order omelets and the staff at breakfast was wonderful. The omelet last was amazing. I would go back for them alone.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower area could have been a little more modern but I did see signs all over their hotel saying that they are doing a renovation over the summer.

This is a very nice hotel. The staff from the front desk, the wait staff, and bartenders were all very kind and helpful. Our reservation came with free happy hour drink and snacks as well as a delicious free breakfast. We also loved the large pool and jacuzzi area and patio with fire pit. Our room was large and well-appointed. And it had a balcony with a lovely view of the golf course and a lake.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite with View

I HATED the fact the you had the description as a 2 bedroom and when we got there they had NO 2 bedroom rooms at all. Your people need to make sure the room descriptions are more accurate. If there was anyplace else that had an available room we would have left. Also, the people that worked the front desk when my girlfriend checked in were EXTREMELY rude. They are lucky I wasn't there as I would have called them out right in front of everyone.

Amenities

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Golf Course View

Description said it was a two bedroom suite. It was actually a two room suite. Paid extra for golf course view, but mostly we were over a parking lot. Small pool with tons of kids.

Very good eggs cooked to order. Happy hour is two hours long but could use more seating. Very quiet room. Every possible chain store is within five miles.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Golf Course View

Asked for a golf course view and got a wall. The room was " dark" and gloomy feeling. At 7am it sounded like a garbage truck was going to back up in our room. It woke us up after a long day. Not happy at all. Overpriced for what we got. The gentleman that checked us in was cold and unwelcoming. Not even one smile during the process. First Embassy Suites that was a huge disappointment.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

Bed not entirely comfortable - but it could be our aging backs!

The breakfast buffet and evening happy hour were definitely a nice addition. A waiter named Hugo was especially helpful and kind for service both inside the hotel, and at poolside. He deserves special attention!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Double Beds Suite

Staff really worked hard to accommodate me because I did not like the location of my room. Because I was traveling alone without my husband. The staff really took care of me you guys rock!!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Suite with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very good - although there were long queues for the cooked food.

this was our second stay (book-ending a hiking trip) and we were more aware of what the hotel offers (complimentary evening drinks), and had time to enjoy the breakfast. This time we brought our own water!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Golf Course View

We stayed at this location for our wedding night. The registration was nothing but a headache. They had cancelled my reservation without contacting me at all, we knew nothing about it until my husband could not check in . They gave us another room as a supposed discounted rate, but after we looked at the charges they actually charged to the card, it was twice as much. The hotel itself is nice and clean in a good location, but I am not impressed with the way they handled the reservation or their lack of contact to correct any missing formation before they gave away our room.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Two Room Premium Suite

The beds were TERRIBLE. They were small and hard. The Radisson had perfect beds that I stayed in three weeks earlier. We were suppose to fit 6 people in our room. With the bed size no way was that going to happen.

We liked where our room was located in the hotel. The amenities were nice. The happy hour was a nice surprise. The breakfast in the morning was outstanding. The ladies in the restaurant we extremely polite.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Golf Course View

Had a pool facing room, pool hours are until 11pm. Every night we had to deal with kids yelling and playing in the pool. I understand fun, but the screaming and yelling keeping my daughter up was very frustrating. They do have rules asking to limit unnecessary noise and I feel after a certain hour that rule should apply. The TV's don't work well. Their guide doesn't work (displays channel, no guide) and sometimes TV and remote don't communicate and you have to turn off the TV and try again. The air conditioner is a bit loud but it is better than no ac!

We enjoyed having a bedroom and seating area, and loved breakfast!

Complimentary drinks

Excellent breakfast selection

Everything was amazing

Everything and Everyone

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Golf Course View

Pancakes could’ve been better and fluffier

Omelet was awesome and delicious! Breakfast had variety to choose from! Wonderful!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

A little pricey but everything is these days!

The place was clean, with friendly staff and very accommodating!

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

Made to order breakfast was wonderful each day! Lovely pool and view!

Double sized beds

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

Not enough options on the menu

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

Was put in ADA room and could change to similar room.

Powder eggs not appropriate for the rate

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, awesome breakfast buffet, comfortable room, and lemon infused water available in the lobby made for a pleasant stay.

• Double Suite with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms are big, but they are a waste of space, only one sink and a tiny bath/shower Beds are not very comfy

Breakfast is great

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

First room was terrible Felt Sick from bad smell in this room

Breakfast was excellent

Staff were fantastic!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Happy hour and breakfast. Room size.

Pool is small.

Just an excellent location. Great staff and a killer breakfast.

• Non-Smoking Two Double Beds Suite

I wish the beds were queen, instead of fulls

Breakfast and the pool was awesome!

• Pure Air King Room with Golf View

Requested wake up call that never happened and no apology either

Everything we needed for the five day stay

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Double Beds Suite

The staff was very polite clean and comfy beds

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was terrible and uncomfortable

Breakfast, location and staff

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

restaurant menu for dine in was so so

good breakfast, good size room.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Non-Smoking

The view of golf course and mountains:-)

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Too short a stay

The pool. The staff

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Double Suite with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

$4.95 for a bottle of water in the room? Why?

The rooms are spacious and clean. The free drinks and snacks in the early evening are very welcome.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Stained blankets.

Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The complimentary happy hour was extra cool.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Suite with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Great location and excellent made to order breakfast!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Double Beds Suite

All was awesome! Enjoy the bed n breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was as advertised.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Everything was great!

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Great Breakfast and Nightly Reception

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed is too soft, walls are too thin :) Сleaning in the room sometimes did not come for four days...

Stuff, nice view, balcony

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Two Room Premium Suite

The buffet breakfast was great and they sent a present to my room because I received my doctorate. Real nice caring place.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed is too soft. Sometimes not cleaned for 4 days. Sometimes every day.

Comfort, staff and balcony..

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Your pool is def not adult friendly- too many children,we couldnt even get into the jacuzzi with all of the kids in there - who would want to with babies in there with diapers on- we have a 12 yr old son so we like kids but, def not a place for a get away-:-((( dissappointed!! Happy hr bartender extremley rude and a unhappy guy Only serving some chips and salsa, hummus-& some nuts It all just made being at the hotel a yucky experience- would never go back

room was nice and clean bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

Smell on our last day. Truck was outside my window picking up something. It made the room smell and going down for breakfast was the same smell just not ads smelly.

Location, kindness of staff, breakfast and of course the beautiful golf course!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

pool very small and crowded with kids seating availability for breakfast/happy hour very limited

Great location -central to great restaurants, shopping, not directly on main/busy road breakfast/happy hour included - good breakfast options golf course accessibility/view friendly/helpful staff plenty of parking

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Nothing it was a good visit

The breakfast options where great maybe more signage so people understand the made to order section a little better. Happy hour needs more seating but great treat.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Staff was friendly although service was a bit slow at dinner times. The fitness center was a bit crowded as there were only 2 treadmills to use. Perhaps a new location for the fitness center would include additional equipment.

We appreciated the complimentary breakfast (which was much more than just cold cereal and muffins!).

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Breakfast lines and wait times were long.

Although Christmas to New Year's was busy, the hotel professionally and successfully managed to handle the rush and crowds.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

This property was a bit hard to find, we had to fish around for it for a few minutes when our GPS was on the blink.

This was a very nice property with attentive staff and comfortable room. Loved the breakfast with made to order eggs, and newspaper.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

I was put into a smoking room. That was my bad as I incorrectly booked that room type. Unfortunately there were no non smoking rooms available.

The breakfast was excellent. The free happy hour was a nice treat.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

Everything exceeded our expectations except there was no free wifi. Really?? Everyplace we have visited worldwide has free wifi. Free drinks, free breakfast, but not free wifi!!! I would rather pay for a glass of wine and have wifi.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

First floor room very dark and could have used another 1/2 bath for our adult son.

Room spacious and quiet even though on main floor. Food delicious !

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

Carpets and furniture are worn and outdated. Trash cans at elevators and outside sitting areas not emptied timely. We accidentally left 3 baseball caps in the room but when we called Housekeeping the next day they couldn't locate them. They were brand new and made someone very happy.

Located in the heart of Paradise Valley with an abundance of shopping, golf, swimming, etc.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Swimming pool far too small, there were a lot of children unsupervised making it un comfortable to be in that area therefore we did not use the pool. Did not really get to grips with happy hour, lasted 2 hours why not one hour and free bottled water in the room?

Breakfast excellent, staff very good.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2015

Although it is called Embassy Suites Scottsdale, it's 30 minutes from Old Town Scottsdale. The TV system is pretty antiquated also.

Breakfast and happy hour of course.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2015

The Wifi was subpar and the King bed was uncomfortable (every time one of us moved, we'd wake up the other). Our room was near the proshop, so we had to listen to the announcements for each group teeing off (not an issue, unless you need a nap because you tossed and turned all night).

The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and Happy Hour (yes, we always tipped). Overall, we had a pleasant stay and the price was right.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

The hotel had a huge stain on the elevator floor, the carpet was worn down and not very clean. The hall way trim needed a paint job. For a Hilton based hotel it was disappointing. I would give the facility it a 2 star. It was more of a $100 than $215

The location was amazing enjoying the evening reception and breakfast with a golf course view was nice. The staff was great would give them a 4 star

• Reviewed: 9 January 2015

Never told us that they had placed a $30 hold an our credit card until we called to question it.

Desk staff was excellent in placing us in a room earlier so we could dress for a wedding there.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Pool wasnt up to deceptive web pictures. Nice pool huge with young kids - big downer. Everything else fine

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

Our room was at the very end and facing the parking lot!

Hotel was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

the fan for heater/ air conditioner would not turn off once it hit temp. Thats it

Bed where very comfortable, it was all good

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Every day was packed in the restaurant and lobby for breakfast and for happy hour. Would be nice to have additional seating.

Rooms were very nice

There are also 51 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.